[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine a situation. At the moment of reading this post, exactly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 30

File: 1463626552707.jpg (161KB, 736x1411px) Image search: [Google]
1463626552707.jpg
161KB, 736x1411px
Imagine a situation.

At the moment of reading this post, exactly at the place you are and with whatever items you currently have, you hear an air raid alarm that announces that you have 20 minutes until the nuclear missiles' impact.

What is your plan of action, to survive both short- and long-term?
>>
>>49281676
Drive to that FEMA bunker I live 10 minutes away from

I mean I'm fucked either way, but I don't really imagine anything else nearby that has much of a chance
>>
>>49281676

Step 1: Grab blankets, foods, my copy of Nuclear War Survival skills by Cresson H. Kearny, and my gun and head down to the basement. All the other stuff I need is already down there.
Step 2: Murder my housemates.
Step 3: Prep the basement as quickly as I can
>>
>>49281676
I don't live in the middle of a city, so just getting warm cloths and then travel out of harms way would be pretty easy. Then I have to figure out what have happened, is my whole country fucked; the whole world, or was it just an isolated event?
>>
>>49281676
For the most part, I'm fucked.

I'm currently staying at my mom's apartment till I can get the lease settled for my own.

The only plan I can come up with really quick is to head to the storm drains that are located behind the apartment complex and take food, water, and the camping supplies I have packed in my car, which are currently all contained in a box.

Short term would be to survive the blast, long term would be to head out to the country side where my grandparents live. I repaired their generators last winter along with fixing up their storage and canning rooms.
>>
>all these people who don't answer "head into subway"
Plebeians, all of you.
>>
I'm at my girlfriend's dad's house while she's getting her car fixed. I don't live in this town, state, or country. I have nothing on me but my phone and wallet, and I've got no clue about the landmarks or terrain.
>>
>>49282029
I don't know what kind of blast shelter glass doors give you.
>>
>>49281676
Well, I guess I am fucked.
The only thing I maybe do, is to find a woman to fuck with, so I won't die as a virgin...
>>
>>49281676
I take my entire allotment of medicines in one go and then go to bed happy and don't wake up.
>>
>>49281676
Strange question to ask on /tg/

Assuming we're talking about real life, hope for a quick death or a quick exit and nothing in-between.
There is fucking nothing worth staying alive for in a nuclear apocalypse, unless you somehow manage to find an area which will be minimally affected, if you are unlucky enough to still be alive it's a one way ticket to one of many slow and painful deaths only made better by the fact everyone around you is also dying a slow and painful death and civilization as a whole is now dying a slow and painful death. Any freedom you might hope for from the breakdown of society will be engulfed by the sheer fucking misery of living on irradiated and limited supplies which dwindle by the day, agriculture won't be an option in a poisoned world, and the list of leisure activities you could do to take your mind off it all would be far and few between all losing their luster save for self destructive habits which don't look so bad now their side effects won't kill you half as fast as the world around you will. Assuming you can reach a bunker or the like in which you have enough supplies to last until it's safe to try and rebuild you'll be spending most of your life in a concrete room eating canned food only to emerge on a dead world where your efforts will feel entirely pointless, though if you're lucky you'll be the first generation of humans in the second worst period of human history, the first being what you avoided when you holed up in a bunker.

If you're talking about fiction, well floopdee poopdee woo lemme just get my scrap iron studded leather bdsm gear and motorbike and we can go on adventures through the wild wasteland.

Watch Threads, British documentary/story about life after the bomb goes off.
>>
>>49282211
>Watch Threads, British documentary
I hadn't realized that there was a nuclear war with the USSR I'd forgotten about
>>
I'd do nothing.
No one would drop nukes where I live.
Maybe 70km away.
>>
>>49282258
Yeah it's weird how quickly people forgot about the Cold War.
>>
>>49281676
Grab a baseball bat and climb up on the roof, then try to take a photo of myself winding up for a swing as the warhead comes in.

I'll die pointlessly, but maybe someone in the radioactive wasteland will find a cool picture of my last moments and decide it's worth a few bottlecaps.
>>
>>49282300
It's called a "Cold" War for a reason.
>>
>>49282029
Most people do not live anywhere near a subway.
>>
>>49282322
Still, if it went hot it would have went hot like the inside of the sun, a genuine 'fate of the world in the balance' situation.
>>
>>49282334
Sewers, subway, even a fucking basement - anything works, if it's underground and can be sealed.
>>
>>49281869
Same. Don't have no air raid sirens here either, too far off the grid. Still, got my guns, my hunting/survival skills and live in a place with few people (who mostly know/trust each other).

I'd probably do better than most. If someone targeted us with a nuke we'd be gone before we knew it struck. However I don't know that anyone would be that interested in killing a shitload of reindeer and a handful of people.
>>
Man, just look at all these "resign myself to death, because I am fucked" responses. What a bunch of milksops.

Head down to the basement if you have one. Your apartment building probably has one. Take dried food, water, and blankets.
Plug all your sinks and tubs upstairs and start filling them with water. Does your basement have a sink or a basin of some sort with a working faucet? (Mine has a working bathtub for some reason.) Fill it up with water! Does your basement have a washing machine? Turn the washing machine on so it fills with water (but don't put any clothes in.) Stop the wash before the water drains. You need a reservoir of water. If you have buckets, fill them up!

If your basement has windows, cover them up. The concrete will block out gamma rays, but you still need to do something about the windows.
>>
>>49282211
How thoroughly pessimistic.
A single nuclear exchange, is not the end of the world, far from it. Even a fully-fledged nuclear war between every single country with nuclear capabilities, while undoubtedly horrifyingly destructive, would not be enough to bring about the Nuclear Apocalypse the Cold War has conditioned us to fear. Life will continue somewhere on the globe no matter where the nukes land.
Lay off the Fallouts and the Metro 2033's.
>>
>>49281676

Wonder how they know they have 20 minutes. Missiles take 10, 5 minutes to cross the globe, right; and it'll be a minute or two before the radar confirms it and around a minute more for the notifications to go around.
Seriously, what kinda slow missiles are those?

>>49282322
>>49282211
>>49282258
>>49282300

It's not a documentary; it's just a movie, one of those scary 80s movies to push public opinion against the sword rattling politicians of the time. Fun fact: I think it ends on the year 2000, if I counted it right; making the THING that happened at the end of the movie a bit more hard hitting in a way.
>>
File: 3.jpg (1MB, 1707x1178px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
1MB, 1707x1178px
>>49281676
>Live a few miles from a major military base
Fuck.
>>
>>49282496
The "20 minutes" time period was chosen for the sake of the argument, because if it was more realistic and used a 10 minutes time period, then too many people would say something along the lines "that too little time to do anything" (even though it's not true, but whatever).
>>
>>49282392
>Man, just look at all these "resign myself to death, because I am fucked" responses.
Maybe.
I live in an area that would get hit with multiple warheads. I've never planned for surviving a nuclear exchange, because in my situation it isn't survivable (20 min warning, isn't enough to get far enough away). I mean if I did somehow survive the blast, I'd be in the middle of a irradiated wasteland. So I'd rather just get killed in the initial exchange honestly.
>>
>>49282392
>>49282477

He sourced Threads. Threads was pessimistic - though it too had agriculture in the UK, and there was still a government, they just got blasted back to the edwardian era and mostly everyone lives like a peasant.

Still, it's not something to laugh at; most of us here are in the nations that'll be raked over by nukes; their effect WILL hurt the world beyond the nuke zones. Agriculture will be cut by at least a half or so; and the first world still provides a lot of food to the other regions, so they'll dwindle down - it's no fun for anybody.
>>
>>49281676
Leap in my car and drive away from the suburbs at top speed. At the 15 minute mark, I get out, park on the roadside and crawl into a ditch or underneath a car to stay out of LOS, wrapping myself in my aluminized survival blanket to reflect any stray waste heat.

I'll probably survive, but I'll have a car with a survival kit in the trunk. Living post-apoc ain't gonna be easy without potassium iodide.

>>49282477
Indeed. Nuclear winter was deliberate pro-peace propaganda from the cold war scientific community, based on initial values from the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings. It presumed firestorms that don't occur in concrete and brick cities.

The duration soot would stay in the atmosphere was also explicitly disproved in the Gulf War oil fires.

A nucelar war would destroy governments an wreck countries, but civilization wouldn't be set back more than 20 years.
>>
>>49282549

What can you do in ten minutes? Twenty minutes?

Ten minutes won't get me out of the city. Twenty minutes won't. An hour won't. In either direction for most of the population, surrounded by cities, airports, infill, bases, harbors, and then another city with the same, the whole area will be raked over.

You can basically scratch off anyone who lives in any major population center as gone unless they're in the real suburbs and away from anything even remotely important, and in the case of a full nuclear exchange anything 'remotely important' could be as little as the town's airstrip that MIGHT be capable of holding a bomber for a second wave, so better nuke it anyway.
>>
>>49282496
>Missiles take 10, 5 minutes to cross the globe

More like 35+ for continent-to-continent; tho suppressed trajectories from off-shore sub launches could be that fast. Detection is instant these days thanks to IR surveillance satellites.
>>
>>49282607
>A nucelar war would destroy governments an wreck countries, but civilization wouldn't be set back more than 20 years.
Can we set it back about 44 years, so we can have a serious manned space program again?

Seriously though, I think you are rather underestimating the effect all the first world nations suddenly collapsing would have on the world, even leaving aside any possible environmental effects. Given how much more interconnected the world was now, than in WW1&2, and the fact that there'd be no power left to help rebuild, it is one of those events that could easily become the new "year zero".
>>
>>49282687

I've only seen numbers in the 10-8 minute range for ICBMs and 5-3 minutes for sub launches.
>>
Time enough to get into my 15th C plate armour.

Not going to help me at all, but at least I can hope the city's levelled for 1000 years. That way, if my remains are found, they're really going to fuck up future archaeologists' textbooks.
>>
>>49282721
An all-out nuclear war wouldn't destroy more than two-thirds of power plants in the US. The grid would be crippled, but we wouldn't be thrust into the stone age - more like the 1980s.
>>
I really enjoy hypotheticals like this. I live in Louisville KY and always wonder if the rest of the world even knows this city exists. Like, would people even bother to drop a bomb on us? I mean, Fort Knox, definitely, but we're far enough away that it shouldn't matter much.

On top of that, I'm near the South south side of the metro area, I can probably drive far enough away from the city center that I'll be okay, even with taking back roads.
>>
>>49282211
Go to /k/, look for a tripfag named OPpenheimer, and get educated.
>>
>>49282721

Eh, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, South Africa, Indonesia, Sweden, Norway, Australia, New Zealand would make it, they're not really aligned with anyone. Ghana, Nigeria, Botswana, Costa Rica as well would be middle-ish powers.

The real problem isn't about rebuilding the world. Most likely the nuked countries would be left to rot. The problem is the capabilities of those who are left and what they can do.

Assuming no nuclear winter, ala 1983 doomsday, then someone else steps up to fill in the plate. Assuming a small setback in temperatures, then maybe humanity is pushed back two generations as stabilization and regrowth tackles the nations left over and the best survive. Either case, someone else rises, just not where the nukes landed.

End game: humanity survives; moves on. Better though if the non aligned nations were more developed, but that tends to make them less non aligned, so they drift into crosshairs - see China, India, Pakistan. Etc, etc.

I actually based a whole alt history on a world where the Japanese military kidnaps the emperor, so the war continues until 1946 with a soviet push into Korea and a siege of Kyushu until the Japanese surrender. End result: the powers are exhausted, decolonization spurs onward, they don't intervene as much. Third world grows; no PRC but Korea and Manchuria are communist hotspots. Space Race, spurred by more missile development, gets serious, but kennedy also manages to join hands with the Soviets until the late 70s were Nixon comes in after LBJ and brings back anti-sovietism in the USA and followed by Reagan which doesn't back down from 'evil empire' stuff, SDI goes ahead, bombs drop under Bush's first year in 1989.

Third world, more developed and connected, is fine; though India (which aligned with the USSR) and the RoC against the Manchurians and Koreans are wiped out. World suffers for the turn of the century but by 2020 goes back to basically normal and whamo, Mars and so on. Lots of dead earth, though.
>>
>>49281676
Well, I live in London.

...so.. yeah. Let's face it, no matter what pretty much all of England is going to get irradiated to fuck if anyone's firing nukes at us. At least I'll die quickly, any modern nuke hitting the capital is going to get me quickly. Though if it doesn't... guess I'll kill myself, because I'd definitely be in the lethal radiation area and that is a horrible way to go.
>>
>>49281676
Finish my beer, bask in Atom's Glow.
>>
File: 1472656866546.gif (2MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1472656866546.gif
2MB, 500x333px
>>49282477
>Not wanting Fallout
>Not wanting the even better Metro 2033
>>
File: 1454335294480.png (281KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1454335294480.png
281KB, 557x605px
>>49281676
As an Emergency Manager, I would:
Lock myself in my house as best as I can with my 72 hour survival kit and stockpiled canned food.
Take out some lightbulbs, remove the bottoms, fill them with crushed glass and ghost pepper extract I have lying around.
Grab my cats, lock them in a single room.
Take my spare gas cans for my lawn tractor, fill up two ancient super soakers I have.
Spray invaders with gas the second they try to confront me, followed by light bulb fuckery, and only actually setting them on fire if they breach my house.
Put all incapacitated people on display to warn off any other invaders.
Assuming I survive until my supplies run out, immediately join the most ruthless gang I can find, install myself as a designated no-nonsense diplomat/problem solver, and make sure there is always someone more expendable/important than I am.

I don't know how long I'd last, but assuming I make it through the first couple days, I'd probably be pretty successful until someone with a vendetta assassinates me for overkilling their friend/child/family member as a necessary display of force.
>>
>>49282978

Each of us shall give birth to a billion stars formed from the mass of our wretched and filthy bodies. Each of us shall be mother and father to a trillion civilizations.

To bad Fallout 3 was subpar, Fallout NV has been played to death, 4 was meh, and betting on whenever 5 comes seems to be a good waste of cash....
>>
>>49282767
>The grid would be crippled, but we wouldn't be thrust into the stone age - more like the 1980s.
You pretty clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Loosing 60%+ of the power generating capacity of the US would be a lot bigger set back than just the 80s (which I assume you picked because it seems like a long time ago to you). Modern life and society is wholly dependent on a functioning power grid.
>>
>>49281676
>Live right between two maximum priority targets in Everette, Washington.

They won't even start the sirens. There's nothing anyone could do to survive.
>>
>>49283090

I'm still waiting for Fallout 4 to come out with the Game of the Year edition and make it super cheap before playing it. Everything about it says "Skip me" but I figure I'll get some entertainment out of it for $10 or so.
>>
>>49282657
There are a small amount of nuclear weapons, compared to conventional ones, and only a minority of those are strategic weapons. Current estimates of Russian Strategic Rocket Forces strength is 525 launchers and 1800 nuclear weapons of which 299 and 902 are currently operational, respectively.

Nuclear weapons usage is divided into counterforce and countervalue. Countervalue is attacking non-directly military targets. Countervalue has limited benefit outside of specific scenarios and as such is relegated to second-strike capacity. To put it into perspective, Russia using four nuclear bombs on countervalue targets per state would eat up 11% of it's total strategic arsenal.
>>
>>49281676
>Live at a University, no car
Get anally fucked by missiles or find the deepest basement I can hide in, I guess. My chosen profession doesn't do me a lot of help, so I guess I either become one of the only tech savants in the hell future, get killed in a fight, or get too sick to live through radiation.
>>
>>49282392
The houses in my neighbourhood do not have basements.
I am fucked.
>>
>>49281676
I live in a 3km from an european capital center. I'm doomed.
>>
Is twenty minutes even enough to time to escape the fallout? Even if you already had the perfect survival kit prepped and got a solid 18-20 min of driving at max speed down a highway I'd think you'd still experience some serious radiation health risks assuming you escaped the blast zone.

It wouldn't be physically possible to have enough non-irradiated food ready in twenty minutes seriously consider survival unless you already had a shelter set up.
>>
>>49283187
Oh, nevermind, I checked and the closest bombing target would be Houston. Feel bad for my parents, though, who probably wouldn't be able to break the imp[act zone in time.
>>
>>49283201
The danger of fallout is overstated. The radiation from fallout decreases by a factor of 10 per every factor of seven increase in the time period.
>>
>>49282915
I'll give you the african and south american nations you listed, but Norway is a member of NATO, Sweden is simply in the way (why list sweden and not their fellow netural neighbour finland too?) and if I were on team evil freedom hating commies I'd destroy Australia for being too close to America, maybe the kiwis too just to be sure.
>>
>>49283254
Huh. I checked again, and they might be able to get out of the main blast zone if Dad put the pedal to the metal.
>>
>>49283201
Assuming your house survives the blast, you can avoid most of the fallout by staying indoors for a week.
>>
File: Assault_missiles.gif (1004KB, 346x136px) Image search: [Google]
Assault_missiles.gif
1004KB, 346x136px
>>49282211
>unless you somehow manage to find an area which will be minimally affected
Everything that isn't a super major city or a military super bunker is going to be safe. Thats the irony of nuclear war.
And even something like Tsar Bomba only has a 8km fireball, and said bomb is too heavy for intercontinental missile. Tsar only destroys civilizations for a radius of about 40km, where underground bunkers further than 20km away from the blast point will survive fine.
Remember: Tsar Bomba is the strongest nuke that is tested, and its too large for missile. Meaning you are only looking at a destruction zone of 10-15km of city/base glassing per intercontinental missile.

Heck, the major cities might not even be nuked, because they will assume the military bases will be close enough to infastructure to cripple the lifeline of the city.

The worst part about Nuclear Warfare isn't going to be nukes, but the successor military campaign, because chain of command isn't going to collapse.
They literally prepared since the 50s to actually go trough a Nuclear war, even with the theoretical fears of nuclear fallout, accidentally engulfing forests, and worse.
>>
>>49281676
briefly wonder where the where the sirens are coming from then turn on the tv to enjoy a healthy dose schadenfreude as I watch the list of cities that were glassed.
>>
>>49281676
>traditional games
>>
>>49283369
What else will people play once the power grid goes down?
>>
>>49283369
War is the most traditional game.
Except maybe sex.
>>
>>49283271
Norway has the problem where if you where to nuke it, the only thing of value is going to be some isolated military based in the middle, or the capital.
Most of its army is setup so that the idea is that Finmark to down to Tronderlag is expandable in terms of a Soviet invasion.

Second problem: Norway is bigger than Japan. A missle isn't really going to do anything but hit where it hits. The rest is just space, where everything is fine.
Sweden and Finland have the same issue.
>>
>>49283328
Tsar Bomba, if dropped in a flat area, would have far larger effects than dropping it in a city. Not that it matters, several smaller bombs is always better than one large one.
>>
>>49283265
What does that mean for a non mathfag like me? Like, after seven seconds it's 10 times less bad as second 1, then after 49 seconds it's 10 times less bad as second 7, etc?
>>
I live between a set of 4 nuclear targets.

North, 1 hours drive.
South 45 min
East / North East 45 min
West/South West 45 min

Average wind currents ensure I'll get fallout from one to the South West.

>What is your plan of action, to survive both short- and long-term?
I spent years on /k/ so I have a fully written out guide on what actions to take first based on time of day, weather conditions and warning time.

Its probably out of date since I wrote it a decade ago and I've forgotten most of the minor steps.
>>
>>49283196
This
>>
>>49281676
Embrace the glow.
>>
>>49281676
Probably make some popcorn, I am no place near a first strike target (in the US).

Shouldn't have issues with fallout either, though I'll take some basic precautions just the same.

The real challenge comes over the following period of time as society shakes itself out and apart.
>>
>>49283835
After seven hours the dose rate of radiation from fallout is reduced to 1/10th, after 49 hours it's reduced to 1/100th, after two weeks it's reduced to 1/1000th.

>>49283196
Take up stereotypical fantasy nerd appearance, construct a bunker in your backyard under the auspices of building yourself a hobbit-hole.
>>
>>49281676

I'm probably not going to live. Assuming a modern Russian missile hits the nearest military target, then there's nowhere I can get to in 20 minutes that would be outside of the blast radius.
>>
File: 1440291560858.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1440291560858.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>49283860
What targets? What state?

>>49283835
7 hours: 1/10 radiation
49 hours: 1/100 radiation
343 hours: 1/1000 radiation

This is why you hear people talk about 2 days and two weeks after a strike as far as 'safe' for limited fallout exposure - depending on where you are of course. In some spots the two week mark won't even be close, in most no time at all will be needed.

>>49282496
>Missiles take 10, 5 minutes to cross the globe, right; and it'll be a minute or two before the radar confirms it and around a minute more for the notifications to go around.
>>
>>49283992
Depends on the 'military target'. For the most part, people vastly over estimate what would be a first strike target.

What is the target you are concerned about? What state?
>>
>>49283196
Most people will be fine if they simply stay inside their house. Tape/plastic cover the doors and windows. Stay in the middle of the house.

Depending on where you are, that should cover it. If you are in a heavy dose area (say Seattle), you will fry. But in most areas that should be plenty.
>>
>>49283294
Houston would not be a target. The only likely target in a First Strike in Texas is:

REGION VI - AR, LA, NM, OK, TX
Federal Regional Center
800 North Loop 288
Denton, TX 76201-3698
>>
File: 1449772653633.jpg (3MB, 2560x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1449772653633.jpg
3MB, 2560x1620px
>>49284283
>>
File: 14 days 15 million dead.png (2MB, 1456x904px) Image search: [Google]
14 days 15 million dead.png
2MB, 1456x904px
>>49284429
Not a good map. It makes a number of horrible false assumptions. For one, it does not recognize that there are only about 1600 deliverable warheads in the Russian (slightly more in the US) arsenal right now. Heck, 200 of those are on bombers that would never make it to the US and nobody is going to use all of their warheads - you always retain a number.

The basic strategy is to eliminate your opponents capability. If you can eliminate enough of that capability such that they cannot retaliate - then you can force surrender on your terms.

This is true even IF you do not destroy ALL of his capability. Because if you draw it down low enough you can basically 'yeah, if you hit me with what little you have I will destroy you with the much larger force I retain'. This however becomes a false threat IF the person you are attacking already believes that you are targeting his cities. At that point, there is nothing to lose.

Take ten minutes and watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlPEBROvR9w

Dated, and many of the specific points no longer apply at this time. But the basic idea is a good explanation as to how a First Strike would work.

Attached is a map that OP put together. It is missing a few things because he did it off his head and has a few things targeted that are actually no longer targets. But it should get most people closer to an actual possible scenario. I can answer specifics on most of the points of the map.
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 1024x724px
>>49283943
>>49284068
Thanks my dudes
>>
File: car.jpg (20KB, 598x563px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
20KB, 598x563px
Just lie down on the floor and wait, who cares, man.
>>
>>49284619
Unless you live on top of something that launches a nuclear weapon or tells a nuclear weapon to launch you will likely be laying there for a very long time. Likely until you die of dehydration because you wouldn't get up and get a drink.

Pretty sad.
>>
>>49281676
Laugh because as everyone with nukes forgot where my country is and nukes guatemala.
>>
>>49281676
I tell my girlfriend I love her.
>>
>>49281676
suicide at the earliest opprotunity
>>
>>49281808
...Why #2?
>>
>>49281676
find some way to get high and then sit and wait for it. because i'd probably die immediately. maybe go grab some food.
if i was gonna survive then i'd wing it, honestly.
>>
>>49281676
>Current location
Short term: I fap harder
Long term: I edge for months and survive on little Debbies, taking out my sexual frustration on looters with my halberd.
>>
>>49284089

I'm in Canada, the target was CFB Esquimalt. Home of the Canadian pacific fleet. Probably low priority, but it's also specialized in ASW, which might make it more attractive, and it's on the Juan De Fuca straight, regularly hosts American ships. Probably wouldn't but maybe.
>>
>>49284429
>2000 warhead scenario
>When Soviet would still have to spend 1/3 just to attempt to also disable US satellite states Nuclear strike potential
>>
>>49285797
Not a target. Even if we went from 'probable' to 'possible' it would not be a target.

The basic rule is 'if it does not launch a nuke or tell a nuke to launch it is not a target'. In a nuclear war nothing that is a conventional weapon system is likely to be a target. There just are not enough warheads to go around.

Keep in mind that nearly any target that is attacked is likely to get at a minimum two warheads targeting it and almost certainly at least three. That eats up your nuke rations pretty fast.

Canada has some possible fallout issues from some of the US nuke fields, but that is about it and even then it isn't a certain threat - certainly not for all of Canada.
>>
>In a dorm in Northern Colorado

Yeah, I think I am maximally fucked, unless my Campus has a giant nuclear bunker they aren't telling anybody about.
>>
>>49285878
It's entirely possible they'd see limited command-and-control strikes.
>>
>>49285878

Interesting. Would the NWS be a target? It'd be kind of black humor if the only people who were targeted were the ones on the ass end of nowhere.
>>
>>49285873
Considering http://www.state.gov/t/avc/rls/240062.htm it really isn't very likely at all.

Nations besides the US would get bomber love from Russia (if anything at all). Figure they could possibly have a budget of maybe 150 warheads.

Maybe, just maybe, the total budget for a strike on the US that retained enough force to deter retaliation (assuming the First Strike was successful for the most part - huge 'if' there) is around 1000 warheads. Maybe stretch it to 1200.
>>
>>49281676
drive into the wetlands, if I can get out there in time.

But I do live immediately next to a USAF "totally not a spot where we hide bombers", so I'm likely fucked either way.
>>
>>49285979
No, not really. Unless Canada has a nuclear arsenal they can command to launch.

Such a war is going to likely be over in a few hours.
>>
>>49286030
>Such a war is going to likely be over in a few hours.
Ignorance.
The initial phase of war is nukes.
Then deployment for the actual war.
Then renukes.
Possibly even more phases if the war is long.
>>
>>49286131
The 'long war' is a possibility. But really is beyond that of a First Strike scenario - since the entire point is to avoid that.

However, even given that, striking a Canadian base is just not something that is going to happen.

Beyond that, you got the likely sequence wrong. It would most likely be
'deploy for conventional war'
'execute conventional war'
'go beyond what X country is willing to accept'
'ignore warning signals'

Then tit for tat nuke strikes begin. Where each side is trying to bring the situation back under control, while fearing it is about to get completely out of hand and fall in to a 'use it or lose it' situation.

Regardless, deployment of conventional forces after nukes strike is probably not going to happen outside of a discussion where one nations strategic forces haven't been neutralized or were never fully a threat to CONUS.

If you want to look at some playout of a limited nuclear strike option and how that might work with conventional forces there are some war college papers floating around that talked about wargames that were conducted where that was played out.

But, regardless, in a First Strike scenario the war is almost certainly going to be over in a few hours tops. Conventional forces will play no part.
>>
>>49285191

Because fuck my housemates.
I can't even rely on those guys to take out their McDonald's garbage, and I will not share my food with them!
>>
File: Alaska.jpg (340KB, 1716x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Alaska.jpg
340KB, 1716x1000px
>>49285990

Figure one surface burst (possibly 2) and one airburst for each target. Likely in the 250kt range.

Might be more in Alaska, it isn't a location I cared that much about researching.
>>
Well I'm on a highway in an armored van right now, I suppose the group I'm with would go in whatever direction the nukes aren't and hope our guns and food don't get destroyed/looted by the time it's safe to come home.
>>
>lol quietly to myself because I live in NZ

>if any nukes are aimed at NZ, the whole country will probably simply disappear

>nothing to do, nothing to worry about
>>
>>49282029
Only like, thirty feet underground.

Honestly, I'd probably jerk it one last time and then get cozy for inevitable incineration. Yay, major metropolitan areas.
>>
>>49281676
quickly scream "fucking kimmy he actually did it the absolute madman",run to the subway near here. there's another one right in front of the building, but it's not fully open yet, just finished construction.
and hen I wait and ope that the army intercepts it. if the sam site they put down which caused a great fuss is ineffective I would be either hella mad, or irradiated/dead.
>>
>>49281676

WATERWATERWATERWATERWATERWATERWATERWATERWATER

the food should have already been secured

radioactive fallout settles in valleys
>>
File: ahellofourowncreation.jpg (72KB, 540x596px) Image search: [Google]
ahellofourowncreation.jpg
72KB, 540x596px
>I live in an area that is covered in nuke strike zones.
Well looks like that is it boys. I could MAYBE get out of range but that would basically be no help. The middle of Virginia has absolutely fuck all so I would just be dead.
>>
>>49281676
>20 minutes
>surrounded by airports and research facilities in every direction

I'm getting laid in 15
>>
>>49281676
I would obviously lie face down in a sheltered area, away from glass etc that could cause laceration. To protect against flash burns from the fireball, I would cover myself in a white cotton sheet.

For the long term, if possible, I would try to head away from the area where to fallout would fall (if it can be identified) and then work with other survivors and civil defence personnel to start rebuilding.

A nuclear attack is perfectly survivable. You only have to head a couple of miles or so from ground zero for your chances of death to drop to something like 2-3 out of 100. And the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not return mass societal collapse like most people here are predicting.

Also, the bombs are more likely to target industrial complexes than anything else.
>>
>>49282784
Louisville is a hotspot, so it's a potential target.

Source: From Campbellsville.
>>
>>49288044
why would you suddenly engage in sexual shenanigans while running for your life
>>
>>49288083

I think he means rape whatever he can grab.
>>
>>49281676
Jokes on you, we have military-grade anti-missile microwave dish here, it will destroy any rockets before you can even see them from here. Feels good to live in secret soviet military city.
>>
>>49286279
>But really is beyond that of a First Strike scenario - since the entire point is to avoid that.
First strike doesn't avoid it.
Unless you destroy the enemies capabilities of:
1. Manufacturing a intercontinental missile
2. Making nukes
3. Knowledge on how to make either
You need to do 2 of 3 here, otherwise you are in a long war.

If the Kremlin speed bunkers have nuke manuals and demonstration equipment, they will make more.
The same with the US super bunkers.

>'go beyond what X country is willing to accept'
What is that? Because the only thing Nukes bring, is that they penetrate bunkers by default(convential bombs can't do that), leave fallout(not a lot either).
>>
>>49286309
>"This alarm was a test"

How do you hide the bodies?
>>
>>49281676
Wonder when they put air raid sirens on a neutral third world nation's not quite important city, then laugh and realize it's peobably just my imagination playing pranks due to me ODing.
>>
>>49281676
>tfw I live right next to a major missile base and thus would be on the list of first strike targets
Call my girlfriend and say goodbye
>>
>>49289463
>no sirens
How do you get to internet, Umbaba? Do you send them with the monthly water buffalo courier?
every month, first monday I get startled by those fuckers
>>
>>49281676
Grab my beer and go into my shelter. Problem solved. I suppose whoever shows up within those first 15 or so minutes is welcome in assuming i somehow don't reach a cap of 5 including myself.
>>
>>49281676
I would stay put and wait for the government officials to save me.

I have no survival equipment nor skills, so I listen to radio and let people who know better tell me what to do.
>>
>>49289695
See this? This is how you die.
Just in general in any sort of disaster or survival scenario.
Do you even know how to do basics like prep fresh meat or how to get clean water? Bare minimum anything?
>>
>>49289455
Other anon here.
Cut myself, pretend that they attacked me.
>>
>>49281676
Grab my shoes, a short, sole dood and run as fast as I can in the mountains to hole up in the old fort there.

Let's see if I can beat my 18 minutes record.
>>
>>49282029
There's only a tramway here.
>>
File: ippo_vol_30_027.jpg (123KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
ippo_vol_30_027.jpg
123KB, 640x462px
>>49281676
>Mfw when I live in Detroit
>Mfw I'm safe because nobody would ever bother nuking us
>Even if they did who'd fuckin notice.
>>
>>49289909
Some food*

Also my trusty knife and a matchbox.
>>
>>49289853
"Mr. Anon, the medical documents clearly state your injuries were self inflicted and the wounds on the bodies are clearly from defensive measures on their part. How do you plead?"
>>
>>49289809
A) there's not going to be war in my lifetime
B) survival stuff is for rednecks and racist yahoos, I'm not going to associate with that bunch

People soloing thinking they know what they're doing and making even more a mess of things is what kills them, instead doing the smart thing and staying put and waiting for instructions from someone *actually* qualified.
>>
>>49289929
>Fallout: Detroid
>Raiders everywhere
>Buildings in ruins
>Murders in the street
>Constant gunfire
>No power, no water
>Only evidence of the outside world is papers from a long time ago
>Suddenly, the bombs drop
>>
>>49289964
Anon. You got 2 decades or so before clean water becomes an issue in the states, 15 for europe and elsewhere massive fights are already happening. That's assuming putin and kin don't get uppity or keep pushing the boundaries like they have.
Wars are inevitable and happen around every 25 years, the next few sadly are going to be happening between super powers and nuclear arms owners. It's not cold war midnight clock yet but they're actually chatting about starting it up again and putting it between 10 and 7 cause of bestkorea and putin.
Just pray they don't start a draft that ignores crap like prescriptions, glasses, or flat feet like last time.
>>
There is no reason anybody would bomb anywhere within a hundred miles of me.

No strategically important sites.

In all honesty though I'd probably stay put and let myself die.
>>
>>49290002
>You got 2 decades or so before clean water becomes an issue in the states
Don't you guys have chemical waste in your drinking water already ?
>>
>>49281676
>they're nuking Frankston
I question the sanity of whoever is doing this. Then I guess I pack up and leave. Maybe go to Tasmania, even we forget it exists sometimes so whoever is sending out nukes probably won't target it.
>>
>>49290017
Depends. You got a city nearby? Google the nuclear target map for your country and see where it stands.
I'm always surprised the nearby city i have is number 4 on the list.
>>
>>49290031
Yeah but only in the ghettos which won't start actual wars or massive fights between states over "drinkable" water.
>>
>>49290031
>Don't you guys have chemical waste in your drinking water already ?
You mean fluoride *rimshot*
>>
>>49290134
Hows your tooth rot and subpar healthcare, england?
I waved at your queeny last time she flew her ass over to the states for actual first world health and dental services, seems nice.
>>
>>49290002
Not true. The modern times have changed the face of warfare for ever. Instead of total wars we're going to be seeing low-level, localized conflicts from now on, which are as much about media coverage and information warfare as actually shooting guns - and these are easy to avoid simply by moving to the next village over and carry on as if nothing had happened.
>>
>>49290149
>implying you can even afford healthcare
>>
>>49290155
Never said we were gonna ressurect trench warfare just that things will get messy when something as vital as water and/or food become scarce and the major players will all have nukes.
>>
>>49290180
I get it from work and failing that it's fairly cheap assuming you aren't an idiot and choose the wrong company/plan or aren't probe to frequent sickness.
>>
>>49290182
No one is willing to use nukes because of the international backlash, though. That's the beauty of living in a modern, globalized world, how people see you actually matters.
>>
>>49290191
>you can get cheap healthcare alright
>but you better not be sick
>>
Lament the fact that I repeatedly procrastinated on my bug-out bag, and that I barely have anything useful for my own survival.
Lament the fact I ran out of bottled water yesterday and haven't restocked.
Dig through drawer for my swiss army knife, fail to find it.
Acknowledge that I have almost zero useful survival skills.
Sit in my chair and await the sweet release of death.
>>
>>49281676
I live in Moscow, in the university dorm. The main building was built specifically to withstand nuclear strikes. It has a giant basement for such cases. It would take me 2 minutes to reach the protected section. We had drills and training for that, you know.
>>
>>49281676
finally, sweet release
>>
>>49289909
Also, assuming I'm a work I just run to the ESRF and hide in their bunker.
>>
>>49290002
Feels good living in Canada.
>>
>>49290213
You can be sick. Just don't live an unhealthy life that leads to health problems. Short of all that it's also not that expensive.
>>
>>49290227
Anon....thats cold war era or post war era russian construction and its at least 40 years old. That thing will crumble if the wind blows to hard let alone a nuke and the basement would be a death trap once the roof collapses.
>>
File: photo-grenoble.jpg (3MB, 3626x1614px) Image search: [Google]
photo-grenoble.jpg
3MB, 3626x1614px
>>49290301
>tfw tap water is alpine spring water
Everything is gonna be alright
>>
>>49290310
>what is metro 2
>>
>>49290302
Isn't the US the western country with the lowest life expectancy ?
>>
>>49290323
You do know they actually tested the strength of the metro system and surrounding buildings and found that they are ALL worn to almost public hazard levels, if a nuke hit the metro system would actually funnel the heat like an oven which would weaken the ground and thus foundations of surrounding buildings.
>>49290301
We've all seen your 8 hour long had to schedule 2 years in advanced free "healthcare". also you have less drinking water than the state of minnesota not including the great lakes which you don't have claims on. I hear your winters are getting harsher though.
>>
>>49290326
Yeah, the west hasn't picked up on the smoking decline or obesity declination elsewhere. Especially the southern bits.
>>
>>49282029
>Closest subway station runs 300 feet deep and is solid concrete.
>There's a whole damn mall in the floor above the trantracks.
Would have to cut bolts to get in since it's 4am but since people around here are pampered and stupid I believe I'd have the bunker all to myself.
>>
File: 1423549561101.jpg (18KB, 285x279px) Image search: [Google]
1423549561101.jpg
18KB, 285x279px
I live in the literal nowhere. The only thing that will change in twenty minutes is that I can't entertain myself with the internet.

So I guess I go mad from isolation or I get HUGE from the increased amount of weightlifting I'll do. I mean probably both will happen.
>>
>>49290352
Nah. Unless the place has purpose built doors and ventilation seals any structure like an underground transit system would actually funnel and hold heat and radiation. You'd have maybe a second long till it hit but you'd have it fair worse than the outside would due to the enclosed nature. It's why the old american school system building basements for nuclear strikes was retarded as they literally build deathpits to cook kids by not reinforcing the ceilings or making ways to effectively seal it off.
>>
>>49290366
Depends what gets hit but if you live in america the sheer amount of servers all over would actually mean internet access would merely be hampered not destroyed.
Just don't hold hope out for quick download speeds or sattelite internet.
>>
>>49290041
Shit, I'm surprised it took them this long to nuke it in to dust.
>>
>>49290390

Well, if they were serious about nuking they'd probably use an EMP right?

Goodbye technology.
>>
>>49290333
Don't worry anon I'm moving to the states soon.
>>
>>49290433
It would be a complete waste of money. Nuking Frankston is just not a good investment. Chemical or conventional weapons are cheaper, and it's not like anybody would stop you.
>>
>Live in tinyass island country with very few basements and certainly none I have quick access to.
On the plus side I have roof access to my 4 storie apartment so I can see the big glorious impact and mushroom cloud as my flesh is instantly seared from my bones.

But I'll have enough time to play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StZcUAPRRac as the missile hits.
>>
>>49290437
Most of the important tech is shielded now. I suppose personal shit would be fucked and depending on the car it is itself a faraday cage.
>>
File: 1428987996197.jpg (81KB, 633x620px) Image search: [Google]
1428987996197.jpg
81KB, 633x620px
Stand under the blast and be the first to be vaporized.

As wondrous as it sounds living out your S.T.A.L.K.E.R fantasies I think I'll pass. I'd rather not live under the ground or wander a desolate hellscape populated by ravenous and insane survivors.
>>
>>49290551
That's not how EMP works, personal electronics would be the least vulnerable, anything plugged into a power grid will be fried, Your cell will work but the towers won't. Also the single nuke high over the US blacking out the country scenario involved the kind of big megaton warheads that have been phased out as missiles got more accurate.
>>
>>49290682
I'd have to find it but shit like phones have proven to be worse as we use things like hard drives and more metal components in frames as things like smart phones see more use. Has something to do with sparking if i recall. One of the things a lot of people will notice because of it is keys on rings and the like will really heat up and discharge during.
>>
>>49290682

Anything not in a faraday cage is gonna burn, plugged in or not Anon.

Oddly, one of the safer places to keep your hard drive would be in an unplugged microwave.
>>
>>49283410

SWEDEN
YES

>be northerner
>closest possible target is an airplane test range about 40 or so miles away

It'd probably fuck the water supplies of any town downstream though
>>
>>49290986
Up there's nothing but reindeer and forest, they'd bomb the capital and that's about it.
>>
>>49281676
Pray and die
>>
>>49282392
I live what would be within the sphere of totall destruction of a nuclear bomb if one was dropped on my city. In 20 minutes time I wouldn't be able to get out of it
>>
I see no point in learning survival skills, because I have zero interest in fucking around in woods. I'm a city dweller, don't live on hurricane zone, don't live on eartquake zone, don't travel over wilderness. I have trust in town's police force and there's always the military to keep order if things shit the fan. Survivalism is just a boring to learn and basically useless skill to me.
>>
>>49281676
Live in New Zealand, so put some clothes on turn on the telly and watch the reports come in that the rest of the world is fucked while drinking an apa and eating some chips.

If a nuke is heading our way I'm fucked anyway so may as well enjoy the show.
>>
Break into the old disused watertower, that is inside a hill, and then fap hoping for a happy ending
>>
I live in Alabama, next to no major cities. In literally in the spot people think they have to get to in case if a major apocalypse level event. If I'm in danger, you're all fucked.
>>
>>49284429
>nuking Detroit
Why. It's not like we even make cars anymore.
>>
Be suddenly glad there's at least two pre-existing fallout shelters still standing within walking distance of where I live, and that I live in a building full of hot women.
>>
>>49291221
Do you live in brothel?
>>
File: 1473544081604.jpg (55KB, 729x519px) Image search: [Google]
1473544081604.jpg
55KB, 729x519px
>>
>>49290155
From a military standpoint? We are not seeing "small localized conflicts"
We are seeing permanent asymmetrical warfare, for the sake of maintaining a force of veterans. Most of those veterans will be of no use, but some can be re recruited for a larger conflict, for the sake of having veterans train recruits.

The warfare we have seen inside the Western sphere has also been special: Stomps mostly, from big to small, or civil wars. Inside the west, there has not been a medium or large scale war since WW2.
Outside of the west, there has been plenty of war. And by that I mean the middle east, with modern technology, not African warlords with random technology levels.
It could be argued that the USA v Soviet proxy war is valid, but it really isn't. Proxy wars is generally the definition of asymmetrical warfare, where host nations will only be aided.

The big question is: When will the next big war come? Currently Russia is bullying its neighbors, but also scared of NATO deciding to bully back.
USA with its satellites(NATO) is waging permanent warfare in the Middle East, but beyond that: USA doesn't really border anything.
China is literally Jews now, so unless North Korea gets funny, they might stay peaceful until they got a proper excuse.
Japan currently doesn't have a real army, so they can't wage war.
Middle Eastern's is currently stained in crimson, but none of them want to fight anything but border nations.
And Africa lacks the tech level to go into proper wars. Had they had them, there is a good chance one nation would try to eat its neighbors, for the sake of economical expansion.
>>
>>49291258
It's like a spare button.
>>
>>49289981
Don't be silly. Fallout is stuck socially in the 1950s, so Detroit never became the nigger-infested shithole it is in IRL there. Well, not until the bombs fell, anyway.
>>
File: 1431278940699.png (371KB, 791x720px) Image search: [Google]
1431278940699.png
371KB, 791x720px
>>49283073

>Assuming I survive until my supplies run out, immediately join the most ruthless gang I can find, install myself as a designated no-nonsense diplomat/problem solver, and make sure there is always someone more expendable/important than I am.
>>
>>49283073
>join the most ruthless gang I can find, install myself as a designated no-nonsense diplomat/problem solver, and make sure there is always someone more expendable/important than I am.

Why the fuck would the most ruthless gang need a diplomat? You do know "diplomats" in gangs are only ever be the top dogs right? You need the authority to make big calls on the fly in negotiations in order to get what you need from the others.
>>
>>49281676
Head west young man. Find a nice farm on the American interior. Work for some dude or rent some land. Fuck all this ghetto thug mad max shit.
>>
File: FSmyCxH.jpg (507KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
FSmyCxH.jpg
507KB, 2560x1600px
>>49281676
I'd send some farewell messages, then climb the roof for swift death and good view.
>>
>>49283073
>guy with several charred corpses displayed outside his home
>no-nonsense diplomat
I mean, that's one way to do diplomacy. With gangs you tend to start on the bottom and work your way up, but a reputation for setting fire to anyone who disagrees with you could help.
>>
>>49291215
Population and you get a lot of through traffic for the economy at large.
>>
>>49291685
Nah. there's leather underneath thats built into the harness. This:
A. Help it hold its shape and therefore stop it from sitting over the entire shoulder impeding movement
B. keeps the tire off the skin to avoid the chaffing cause that shits rough trust me i tried.
>>
>>49292007
Also on principle.
>>
>>49282729
I doubt they would.
Eventually, if not prior to finding you, they'd find the remains of various dnd books and make an assumption that you were roleplaying.
And even if they did fuck it up, you'd be noted down and forgotten
>>
>>49292026
But if one of the other nuts/bolts/washers is damaged or lost then you could use it as a spare.
>>
>>49292126
Sure, if you wanna fuck up the way it sits.
Plus, this is a nuclear apocalypse who the fuck doesn't have a nice ol pouch full of nutes and bolts?
>>
>>49282767
Friend, these days people already start getting the nooses out of their internet goes down for a week.

Massive country-wide power outage that would takes years, maybe even decades to fix would be an absolute hell.
>>
>>49292230
This shit.
My town lost power for a week and minor riots and looting took 4 hours to start happening
>>
>>49289431
I think missunderstand the time frame involved here. Unless you are conflating some idea of future possible wars with one long war.

>>'go beyond what X country is willing to accept'
>What is that?

It is the idea that nuclear war does not just happen. Something has to happen to force the issue.

Basically, any country will use nuclear weapons when the cost of using them becomes lower than the cost of NOT using them. Typically this is considered to be when the country in question would cease to exist, regime change, that sort of thing.

The real problem is that one country may not understand another countries point of view. 'We' may consider something to be damaging to another country, but not a national level threat.

So in the above, a nation may be willing to accept a certain level of conventional defeat - but beyond a certain point (say enemy forces occupying their capital) they would be willing to take action. The danger is that both sides may not understand the others point of view of where that point is.
>>
>>49290031
anywhere that's not a major city and even in them, The irony being places with clean groundwater and frequently kept from actually tapping wells.
>>
>>49290203
no one is...yet. There will be a tipping point. Tensions are mounting damn near everywhere China has consistently seeing how much land it can grab in the south seas and Russia isn't much better. Meanwhile the U.S. is on the verge of either keeping business as usual and maintaining a slow downward spiral into oligarchy or going full retard and electing an orange white supremacist.
>>
>>49293070
Because in a Nuclear Exchange, the Nuclear Exchange doesn't stop at First Strike.
The First Strike only sparks the war. With the idea that detection, espionage and information gathering will reveal all launch points.
So in First Strike, the idea is to disable 95-100% of the enemy nuclear capabilities, and they will try to do the same to you, because thats warfare 101.
So:
1. First strike
2. Some conventional warfare
3. More strategic nuclear strikes will replace artillery once there is a clear pictures of remaining non nuclear threat

Heck, if technology is developed, we might even see conventional artillery being Nuclear.
And it really doesn't make a difference, in a world where USA is willing to firebomb entire forests in Napalm, and allow Capitalist companies to test runs of Killer Drones against civilian population.
Also the same world where France is run by a bunch of semi despots, just without harming workers rights.
>>
1. Highscool senior, so still living with parents.
2. Live close to a nuclear power plant so we've been sent radiation tablets by the government.
3. Parents went through a prepper phase about a year ago so we got a month's worth of food stores away.
4. Live on five dozen acres and have enough firearms and ammo to supply a small militia.

Say I'll survive a week before the tablets do fuck-all for the radiation and we all die.
>>
>>49291876
>This guy
The most ruthless gang would need a diplomat because batshit insanity and force of will is never enough to establish an empire.

I don't offer normal plebian negotiation, I offer a holistic worldview and the ability to craft a meticulous plan to federal standards in the event of an emergency. I wouldn't be your typical roving marauder, enforcing tyranny with a big stick, I would be a world builder, spewing effective propaganda for a leader that I characterize as super-human. What's a better weapon than hope to enslave a population? I mean, having a mildly psychotic bard, with an in-depth understanding of politics, and who understands his place in your post-apocalypse, sounds like a valuable commodity to most people.

The important part is to recognize that no matter how insane and ruthless you are, there is always someone worse. In a time of mob rule, don't paint a target on yourself, and if you do, make sure you're more valuable alive than dead.

>>49291970
Who said they would be charred corpses? Of course there would be some charred corpses, but I specifically said incapacitated because I would want a few to be alive, or at least recently alive and juicy. I'd be pretty reasonable if people came to negotiate, but the second it turned into mob rule lusting for my supplies, the crazy would come out as a deterrent to fucking with me. If you have to harm someone, make sure there is no possibility for retaliation. If you need to harm a group of people, chop off the head, then appeal to the body.
>>
>>49293220
Don't forget both stated countries dislike america already and the second NATO tells them to fuck off with their shit they immediately start bitching about america and "testing" missiles in its general direction then double down on their actions. Last i heard russia even said they "owned" the oil pockets near the arctic via proximity even though america had claims long before the russians even had an idea anything was there.
>>
>>49293259
Now to be clear. We had the kid gloves on when we firebombed in nam. Like, 5 pairs of kids gloves. we had set parameters for where and when, required visual confirm from INSIDE the zone before hand to ensure it was clear of civvies which meant some poor shit has to haul ass to live, and we then had to put out the fire within a very specific and tight time limit.
Now, if we had actual support from where it was needed we could have burned the piss out of it all and been done with it there was no need for the ground war beyond it looking like kicking a child shortly before taking its candy no question.
Sadly we didn't and the price was a lot of good lives forced into a war they really didn't want.
>>
>>49293270
Anon....those tablets DO do-fuck-all.
They're to minimize the build up and possibly give you a fighting chance if there's a LEAK, not if there's an actual meltdown or nuclear fallout.

You'd have to have some serious equipment and meds to help keep you alive and flush your system and blood which they just aren't going to give to civilians as thats actual medical grade equipment for hospitals with trained and licensed proffesionals.

Best case it lets you get away from an area that will have minor fallout blown by the wind before you start accruing serious cellular damage.
>>
>>49281676
Take my Go-Bag, which I always leave packed, Close my Suitcase, which I always leave packed, Grab some spare food rations and split.
>>
File: tmp-cam--1461195368.jpg (532KB, 918x1632px) Image search: [Google]
tmp-cam--1461195368.jpg
532KB, 918x1632px
>>49293672
Oh, can't forget my American M-9 Protective mask
>>
>>49293259
>Capitalist companies

I found the Commie!
>>
>>49293672
I prefer mobile survival over holing up. Makes you less of a raider target, and allows you to potentially find more rations and safe zones... with the added risk of raider bands.
>>
>>49293695
Aren't those the 1950's ones with asbestos on the filters?
>>
>>49293752
No, They use a Charcoal Filter, No asbestos.
>>
>>49293766
Good. Hate to imagine a fud surviving the nuclear apocalypse only to die form asbestos and not radiation related cancer.
>>
>>49293752
http://gasmaskandrespirator.wikia.com/wiki/U.S._M9/M9A1_Field_Protective_Masks
>>
>>49281676
Coming to my location? I rape somebody. Might as well go out a non-virgin.

Just sort of coming in general? I chill. I'm not in a major target area, and my region is self-sufficient so we'll come out of this fine.
>>
>>49293830
Yeah. I googled around pre 51 it was asbestos in the filter canisters. The civvie m9a1 was the last to phase it out as it was cheaper.
>>
>>49293889
So, There may be asbestos in my filter?
>>
>>49293934
Possibly. Miltary claims its m9 variant stopped with the asbestos in 49 though that doesn't mean shit sometimes and same for the civilian m9a1 at 51. Assume its safe for filters made beyond 55?
The real issue is people market m11 filters as m9 filters. The m9 has a thread that fits the m11 filter and so can be used.
>>
>>49294053
And the Asbestos is in the detachable Filter or in the mask itself?
>>
>>49294128
Filter. The mask is neoprene if i read correctly.
>>
File: 1435887921397.webm (3MB, 1600x663px) Image search: [Google]
1435887921397.webm
3MB, 1600x663px
>Implying anyone would bother to bomb this shithole
>>
>>49294173
Oh good. As to never wear out my filter, I've only ever worn the mask itself. That's a relief.
>>
>>49294222
Filter wear out with age unless airtight sealed in their tins. You'll probably want to check them and if you have to buy some replacements from surplus.
>>
>>49281676
Grab the SKS, head unnaground.

The Moleman Empire shall rise.
>>
I live west/south/north of three separate locations where nuclear blasts would likely take place, leaving me effectively trapped on the main drags. However I am also surrounded by mountains and water. Here I would expect very minimal nuclear fallout, and only see the slight glare of the gamma blast.

Truly, as long as electrical lines and the dams are safe, power won't be an issue. However the remainder of the grid (excluding radios, and *maybe* land lines) would be effectively dismantled.

Our land is pretty darn fertile, and we have another 9,000 years on our well. But of course, you can't live in a crumbling society without a hoard of survivors wanting to make a living on your extremely local property. The park next door would quickly become a refugee site and considering the local governments' commissioners, they would use some imperative domain on our property.

In other words, far after the blast I am taking my family and our 39' camper deep, deep innawoods.
>>
>>49290382
Holy shit. That's trump tier retardation
>>
File: IMG_0246.jpg (247KB, 900x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0246.jpg
247KB, 900x628px
>>49281676
Get guns, get booze, get MREs and get the fuck out.
>>
>>49294333
Propaganda for the american people to ensure the kiddies and parents of said kiddies felt the government actually COULD protect them from nuclear hellfire.
It's why they had the whole "get under your desk" PSA's for schools. It would have done all of jack shit especially on ground level and only really helped those on the fair edges from debris fallig on them even if it ensured safety from the actual blast.
>>
File: detroit.png (847KB, 852x1102px) Image search: [Google]
detroit.png
847KB, 852x1102px
>>49291791
>>
>>49294410
I'm shit with guns, and even I can tell that that spring and firing pin is too low to actually line up with the round that's ready to fire. What the hell was Bethesda doing, thinking this was okay?
>>
>>49295664
The whole deal moves back. See the circle that actually lines up? That hits it when the whole block kicks forwsard. What you're thinking is a firing pin is actually a guiderail the lets the block with built in iron sights move back and forth without flying off.
Still wouldn't work for shit half the time but it makes some sense.
>>
>>49295892
Fuck, I'm a dumbass who didn't notice the space between the block and the cylinder.
>>
>>49296112
Yeah. The only thing off with it i see is no front sights and the rotation mechanism, the flap on the block left side which seems to kick the cylinder counter clockwise but only once the firing pin is about to hit the bullet, so either that means it somehow has to move the bullet just infront of the pin as it moved then hopefully the bullet isn't out of alignment before it actually exits the casing.
Single shot it makes sense though.
>>
>>49289948
>Mr. Anon, the medical documents clearly state your injuries were self inflicted
"How so?"
>>
>>49296460
They could probably make a reasonable guess from the angles of the cuts, the depth, stuff like that. There's some stuff you can't do to yourself that someone else could do because your arms can only move in so many ways.
>>
>>49296460
The angles of infliction are conducive to self inflicted wounds, none of them seem given by angles from attackers, none of them seemed to have happen during defensive or offensive measures on your part, none happened from any angle you yourself can't reach.

I'm not a medical proffesional but i can tell you forensics have it down to a science in whether you did shit to yourself or if someone else did it and even if you did shit to the bodies mere seconds after death to doing shit during the death throes. It's the whole reason you get rid of the bodies entirely cause the second they have glance at it is the second you get the default "self harmer and innocent until proven guilty" label taken away and "guilty" tattoo'd to your ass cheeks.
>>
>>49282506
i live about an hour by to a lesser known military base its literally nestled in the desert and goes without notice, it would probably be safe to be honest but knowing that the winds from what would now be a irriadiated and destroyed west coast would flow over and give us all cancer
>>
I'll fill up as many cups of water as I can, and then go hide in the back room. There's extra bottles of water in there and a bunch of snacks. If I and my equipment survive I'll be able to bottle caps making people coffee drinks.
>>
>>49281676
Bitch, I live just outside of D.C.
The amount of nukes coming down on this area to ensure that there's no way to stop them has me dead pretty much regardless of what I do.
>>
>>49296752
Go punch a senator and steal his secret bunker or something.
>>
File: ede.jpg (37KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
ede.jpg
37KB, 600x899px
>>49281676
>tfw living a stone's throw from arguably the UK's most important naval base

I crack open the most expensive alcohol in the house and go sit in the garden, I guess. At least I'm close enough so that I'll be instantly vaporised by the fireball.
>>
>>49281676
Seeing as I work at a mall that has a bomb shelter my short-term survival plan is obvious.

Drink drain cleaner so that I don't have to get stuck in the bomb shelter with the kinds of morons I have to work with and the customers who are even worse.
>>
>>49287673
underrated post
>>
File: yamero.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
yamero.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
>>49282029
>tfw in Saint Petersubrg 4 mins on foot away from the subway
>The station is nukeproof
At least I'm not dying the first couple of days.
>>
>>49289981
i keked
>>
>>49281676
Pray that the building I'm in doesn't crush me.
>>
>>49290321
thats beautiful man where is it?
>>
>>49296996
Plymfag?
>>
Go put on my MOPP gear and get ready to go deploy somewhere
>>
>>49283090
Underrail is a thing.
>>
>>49282029
>dodge nukes
>trampled to death under panicked retards instead
no thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WlH4E64M28
>>
>>49283073
>all of this macguyvering lightbulbs and gas cans
How are those noguns working out for ya, commie?
>>
>>49282915
>Sweden

The second the welfare cuts off, the riots begin. The native swedes don't fight back and are extinct in a week.
>>
>live far away enough from a major city that a nuke won't be aimed at me causing me to die in hell fire
>live close enough that I will be in the fallout range and die slowly and painfully of radiation poisoning

Fuck
>>
>>49281676
Shit man, I don't plan for that shit. I play games.
>>
>Load up cars
>Start driving inland
>live 2.5 hours from nearest city so should escape blast zone (if they care about sydney anyway
>go live with my miner mates in outback shit town
>Begin salvaging spiky bits and BDSM gear for obligatory mad max times
>>
>>49290149
UK has much better health than the US on average. Only anchors go for the perfectly white and straight look, though.
>>
>>49297256
Grenoble, in the French alps.
>>
>>49304966
>our teef are soft an yellow an all fucked up and crooked like but we swears deyz dub helfiest!
You do know your dental technology is comparable with russia's right? Ex: you STILL thibk fluoride is BAD for teeth when even russia and every other country knows it strengthens tooth enamel.
I wasn't kidding either about your queen. She literally flies her ass to america for any dental or medical procedure because even she knows how shit your countries healthcare is.
>>
>>49305144
>this fucking retard
You get fluoride by other means, you are not supposed to drink it.
>>
>>49305180
Proven wrong by 29 first world countries and counting all having done their own tests.
You're literally a backwoods 3rd world country when it comes to medical knowledge.
>>
>>49305197
Seriously the only countries doing worse than you are israel and turkey via 2015 AFTER the wars started. The only thing you have going is your staff are vastly overpaid for how shit they are.
>>
>>49282392

FUCK resign myself to death,
I'd break into the local bottle shop,
Steal the $3000 cognac,
Scull that fucker fast
Get my dick out
That way i'd be pissed off expensive spirits and the Nuclear explosion would be be hitting me knob first.

For a split second I'd be balls deep in that explosion until it vaporised my whole body.

The nuke would win the war, but i'd win the first battle.
>>
I live in Charlotte.

Assuming I'm the only person who decides to get the fuck out of the city, I'm getting at best 30-40 miles away from here, if I just get in my car and leave with no packing at all.

I'm still not even safe from the blast/fallout. Just chugg booze for 19 minutes and call some people, then ventilate my skull with a .45.
>>
>>49281676
Open a bottle of whiskey, give one last kiss on my rabbits spend the last minutes petting them. Leave their food out in case one of them somehow survives.

I live in the middle of a large city. IF I rush down and take the car I will not make it to the town exit even if I try.

The only chance I really have is if somehow my city is not targeted - which is unlikely if my country is being targeted, given how important it is to the economy and military.
>>
>>49282375
North Korea is trying to stop Christmas!
>>
File: 1472220498689.png (158KB, 299x473px) Image search: [Google]
1472220498689.png
158KB, 299x473px
>>49281676
Nothing. My house doesn't even have a cellar and most bunkers wouldn't withstand a close nuclear blast anyway
>>
>>49306522
Bunkers don't have to withstand a nuclear blast. They only have to be outside of the hardest quake area/ground penetrating fireball
>>
>>49306552
OP didn't clarify where the missiles would impact. On top of my house? The city center? Somewhere else or multiple places at once?
>>
>>49290002
>between 10 and 7 c
In 2015 it was 3 minutes to midnight. And the political situation didn't get better.
>>
People not in USA-Russia-ENgland assuming they will not get strikes.

The main players after the nuclear exchange will be crippled. They will make sure that their crippled state will be no worse then any second rate country. THe easiest way is to send a couple of nukes for theose minor countries to cripple their infrastracture.
>>
>>49281676
I embrace the sweet totality of death thankful that my suffering can finally end.
>>
>>49306946
They're adjusting for "political tension flag moving" what used to be considered "Tense" is now considered "normal". So what would have been 3 when the original clock existed is now somewhere between 10 and 7.
This is obviously worrying.
>>
>>49282029
Isn't there a huge risk of a tunnel collapse in a subway? Especially in any subways that older than the cold war?
>>
>>49307391
Yes. Also they funnel heat into a small contained area if they don't collapse.
>>
>>49281676
I remove my shirt, tie some old belts about my shoulders and torso, and duct-tape a kitchen knife to my wooden pole for use as a weapon. If I survive to the post-apocalypse, I'm gonna at least go with the aesthetic when I die. If I don't die , then I want my remains to confuse any archaeologists who might find me.

>>49282029
There's no subway within 20 minutes of me anon.
>>
>>49309504
>here we have Retardus Amungus, a possible throwback that somehow survived well into the reign of Homo Sapiens Sapiens
>>
>>49309629
>>>/global/rules/6
>>
>>49309690
Hey now. I made more effort than 99.999% of users by doing enough research to add that second Sapiens.
That's dedication.
>>
>>49309856
Well, you made a pointless shitpost that's trying to hard to be clever, purely to insult someone who's being silly but presumably having fun.

And this is a secondary issue but
>needing to research it
>getting the capitalization wrong after doing so
>>
>>49309897
What if that anon is having fun by insulting that other anon?
>>
>>49309940
Then he's a faggot, because he didn't even do it well.
>>
>>49309940
I found it funny.
>>
>>49309965
I did too. Sounds like the other anon is just angry no one else though his totally original 57th in this thread road warrior post was funny.
>>
File: image.png (270KB, 804x964px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
270KB, 804x964px
>>49284241
Why'd you have to say Seattle?
>>
>>49311105
Cause Seattle deserves to burn? It's like detroits crack baby on ecstacy to seem normal(ish).
>>
I go outside, fall to my knees, and scream of holy Atom's glory.
>>
>>49311405
Convert as many as possible, brother! For the Glow of Atom!
>>
>>49282951
Yeap, we're basically fucked no matter which way you slice it. So close to stuff that'd want to nuke us, we'd be lucky to get four minutes warning, never mind twenty.
>>
>>49282506
Fuck me I live not that far from GCHQ, if Britain was targeted with nukes that would literally be target #1 or at least quite high up, I'm dead as fuck
>>
I'll run to the woman I love and accept death in her arms as a final gift from life
>>
>>49281676
Literally grab all the food, blankets and drive out to the family farm. Which is far away from the city that I live in.
>>
Just get up, go outside, and revert to base instincts and evil acts, killing, looting, and raping until I am either killed or I look like a final boss.

Realistically, the options in a 'Mad Max' esque apocalypse is either:

1. Die
2. Become a minor underling like the polecats or a slave to a warlor
3. Become a soldier for a warlor
4. Be a warlord
5. Live in a bunker

I don't have any bunkers near me, and if I'm going to become a part of the warlor society, why not aim for the top? All roads other than the bunker lead to death anyway, might as well go full evil.
>>
>>49281676
Climb onto my roof, text, "see you on the other side," to a friend of mine, call my dad to tell him that I love him, and spend about sixteen or seventeen minutes trying to pick up Mongolian throat singing.
>>
HEY EVERYBODY

Read Warday. I'm too drunk to bother googling the author. You'll find it.

It aint gonna be as bad as you think in the macro, but it'll be worse than you think in the micro. Unless you're some fuck who lives in a city. Then you're fucked.
>>
>>49282089
Underrated post.
>>
>>49281676
20 minutes in the UK.
If its a single strike then probably hide in my house till the detonation then probably walk to the nearby supermarket, steal a trolley and load up. I don't think I could get there and back in twenty minutes reliably and I don't want to be caught in the open.

If its multiple strikes or full on Nuclear war.
Hope for instantaneous death. I've read prediction reports on the effect of nuclear missile strikes, 90% casualties with total loss of way of life. I barely soldier on with modern comforts, I don't think I could mentally cope struggling on only for the purpose of survival especially with my skill set (too focused on tertiary industry).
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.