/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amonkhet and other nifty things edition To make cards, downl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 136

File: primernew.png (4MB, 3294x1688px) Image search: [Google]
primernew.png
4MB, 3294x1688px
Amonkhet and other nifty things edition
To make cards, download MSE for free from here
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Art sources.
http://digital-art-gallery.com/
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj
Threadly question: Do you prefer to design cards and sets bottom up or top down?

old >>49179033
>>
File: C2 Hired Assassin.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
C2 Hired Assassin.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Blazing Diversion.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blazing Diversion.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Alyssa Knight Instructor.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Alyssa Knight Instructor.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49264014
Really like the reverse-pillowfort of this, fits red. Would definitely find a spot for it in my Gahiji EDH list
>>
File: Progenitus Everlasting.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Progenitus Everlasting.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Trying to make a Progenitus that's ACTUALLY impossible to kill.
>>
>>49264005
Flash isn't black
>>
>>49264191
I cast evacuation
>>
>>49264243
That's not killing him though!
>>
File: Nuclear Auto-Dragon.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear Auto-Dragon.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49264191
Still dies to Black Sun's Zenith, technically. -1/-1 counters are placed by an effect, but they generate the toughness reduction via rules, and not an effect.
>>
>>49264364
I'd say it should read 'Progenitus always has a toughness of at least 1.'
>>
>>49264364
>the deals
>>
File: Accursed Bond.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Accursed Bond.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49264505
First draft was an Ashling style ability that detonated the dragon on the third activation, hence the typo. Thought it would be more fun if it at least got to trip over a Spirit or something before it blew up spectacularly.
>>
Updated and extended white uncommons here! Blue soon to follow.
>>
>>49264564
And, blue.
>>49264559
This is interesting. A fun conditional combat trick. Not sure about rarity and power level, but I dig the design.
>>
>>49264559
This is white.
>>
File: Blessed Spellward.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blessed Spellward.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Gifts Cycle.png (1MB, 1875x524px) Image search: [Google]
Gifts Cycle.png
1MB, 1875x524px
A card cycle somewhat inspired by Egyptian mythology and the new set coming out. Egyptian gods have a long history of not giving shit unless you give them shit first, hence the idea of paying additional costs for everything, but the more you pay the better the reward.

I need to reword or redo Gifts from Isis to get her text down to reasonable levels, so any ideas there would be great.

Besides that, any criticism is welcomed.
>>
>>49266488
Quick edit, initial idea was for different locations in Egyptian Mythology to be the focus, but decided to go with Gods for more flavor. Gifts from Anubis was initially Gifts from Duat, forgot to change it after the first draft.
>>
>>49266488
You can save some space with
>Choose one. If X is 5 or more, choose both instead

Also why doesn't the WU one have an extra cost like the others?
>>
>>49266539
It does, the cost is mana. Thought it fit the colors better.
>>
>>49266563
Oh right, the different formatting threw me off
>>
>>49266488
As a quick note, when using MSE, use ~ to take the place of the card's name. That way, when you decide to change it later, the rules text changes to fit. @ will substitute for the first part of a Legendary Creature's name.

Also, it's "as an additional cost to cast ~".

>Anubis/Duat
>Put a -1/-1 counter on up to X target creatures.
Second mode is much much better than the first one, though.

>Isis
Ooooh boy, this is a weird cost. First, costs can't target, so the additional cost should probably be:
>As an additional cost to cast ~, any number of creatures you control do damage equal to their power to you. X is the total damage dealt to you this way.
>~ deals X damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures your opponents control.
>Create X 2/2 red and green Bull creature tokens with haste and trample.

>Nepethys/Aaru
Untapping creatures you control doesn't feel terribly GW, especially as a cost for a 2 mana instant. Like, this is a bonkers good combat trick.
>Put a +1/+1 counter on up to X target creatures you control.
>Up to X target creatures you control gain first strike and hexproof until end of turn.
Until the beginning of your next upkeep is a weird duration for no particular reason.

>Osiris
The god of the underworld, WU? Seems off. Why not Thoth or Horus?
Oh man, this is again, super powerful. Returning creatures to the top of their owner's library, without conditions, starts at 2U, without scaling. I'd return to hand instead.
>Return up to X target creatures to their owner's hands.
>Scry X, then draw a card.
No need to wait until the beginning of the next end step. That's ancient templating that I never quite understood.

>Set
I'd rather this didn't exile at the beginning of the end step, because of how it nonbos with itself. Sure, you can sac the returned ones for a second Gifts from Set, but still. Would feel better if it forced sacrifice at the beginning of the next end step. Also, this is missing the choose text.
>>
>>49266827
>Anubis
I'm working on redoing this one entirely, as it feels a little underwhelming and the second mode, while being the better one as you said, doesn't really fit the theme of giving you things.

>Isis
Yeah, she was the hardest one to try and make. Trying to find an additional cost that feels RG besides saccing lands or something was hard.

>Nepethys
Any ideas for a better GW additional cost?

>Osiris
Was mixing up him and Thoth. Is now Gifts from Thoth. The draw at end of turn was a slight attempt at trying to balance it, but probably wasn't necessary in hindsight.

>Set
Noted about the missing Choose text. Sacrifice does feel better, was basing it off of the current trend in Wizards with exiling red creatures. The idea though was that you could sacrifice them to pay the cost, then return them with the spell itself, sort of like a flicker effect that fits in RB.
>>
>>49267059
>Any ideas for a better GW additional cost?
GW likes to go wide, so maybe boost the per-X power and have it tap creatures instead of untap them? The problem with doing "good things" as costs is that they're uninteractible; even if your opponent counters your spell, you've already untapped your creatures.

>The idea though was that you could sacrifice them to pay the cost, then return them with the spell itself,
Unfortunately, you have to declare targets before you can pay costs, so this doesn't work as you want it to. Believe me, I thought so too and it was going to be super cool, and had to go and check to make sure it was possible... and it isn't.

The flicker effect you'd be looking for can still exist:
>Sacrifice any number of creatures, then return them to the battlefield under your control at the beginning of your next upkeep.
Normally abilities "lose track" of things as they change zones, but cards can be tracked between zones if the card specifically demands it, like many flicker effects, or in this case, Journey to the Underworld.
>>
File: Extort.jpg (31KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Extort.jpg
31KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49263924
>Never find the thread because I'm a faggot and couldn't remember the subject line edition!
If the thread dies, I'm holding you responsible.
>>
>>49267457
Worse than silence in two ways at once!
>>
File: Mobius the Anti-Monitor7.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mobius the Anti-Monitor7.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
Latest version of Mobius. Wondering if first ability should exile any spell, just to make it worse than straight Hexproof, and force you to play with a slight downside.

>>49267457
That art makes me want to make a card called Distract that taps some creatures. I'll see if I can use Power Girl art for it. Speaking of, if anyone has any ideas for a Power Girl card, please let me know, I'm fucking desperate at this point.
>>
File: Scavenger king mk2.png (337KB, 376x522px) Image search: [Google]
Scavenger king mk2.png
337KB, 376x522px
Hows this look?
>>
>>49268130
Put it into your hand from where?
>>
>>49268130
>Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, you may return a card from your graveyard that shares a card type with that card to your hand.
I think. Also seems ridiculous. Milling would turn into recursion.
>>
>>49268254
Graveyard, sorry, should have double checked.
>>
File: Tactical Augmented Organism3.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tactical Augmented Organism3.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
Is this how group hug works?
>>
File: Inferiority Complex.png (278KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Inferiority Complex.png
278KB, 375x523px
Now with card art.

So, most doubling things are replacement effects... though dear god the amount of infinites this creates regardless...

I may or may not be a little drunk right now, shut up
>>
>>49270097
>I may or may not be a little drunk right now, shut up
OK, but were you drunk when you came up with the idea? For the record, I highly doubt this works. Being a card and being a token are physical properties, not just in-game designations.
>>
>>49270200
no comment

isn't the card attribute only fir something that is in a zone other than in play?
>>
>>49270097
>>49270200
>>49270218
I'm pretty sure it would work. But it does ultimately turn off more things than it turns on.
>>
>>49270341
And what it turns on is me because I love shenanigans.
>>
>>49270097
I can't think of anything that really breaks with this. Tokens disappear from non-battlefield zones as statebased actions that check what they are when they're in other zones, so things don't just start vanishing.

Doubling Season runs into weirdness because permanent spells resolving aren't "effects putting things onto the battlefield", its the rules doing that. When you DO put a permanent onto the battlefield via an effect (Fetchlands, Show and Tell, etc.) then I guess (?) it'd make token copies of them.

Most things care that they're NOT tokens (Progenitor Mimic comes to mind), or care about nontoken permanents, so yeah, this is sort of a 4 CMC rules headache with low shenanigans potential.
>>
File: Martha Johansson No-Girl.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Martha Johansson No-Girl.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
bump
>>
File: Adarius the Fair.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Adarius the Fair.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49272509
Just countering abilities is pretty good, I don't think stealing them is fair. I think making it just T to use but giving your opponent an upside would be the most fair. Like if the ability gets countered they should get to scry 1.
>>
>>49264219
Flash is actually in all five colors, justified by "does the card need this to work?" So you're partially correct in that black can't just have it for no reason, like green and blue can as a french vanilla creature for example, but it's not barred like you imply either.

The main issue with that card is more that it's Ambush Viper in black, which is probably not something black needs to have in the first place, though I suppose an argument could be made. I'd rather see it at uncommon personally, if at all.
>>
File: custom card primer v2.png (2MB, 1400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
custom card primer v2.png
2MB, 1400x1800px
>>49263924
Please, use the most updated primer, or make one that's even MORE updated to use. Thanks.
>>
>>49272866
There are three monoblack flash creatures. Two from Time Spiral, and Offalsnout from Lorwyn. Similarly, of the six monored flash creatures, four are from Time Spiral, one from Urza's Saga (a mirrored pair of a white Knight) and Dualcaster Mage, which needs flash because it targets a spell. Outside of Time Spiral, black and red don't get flash.

A deathtouch creature does not need flash to function, and is simply an unnecessary power boost.
>>
>>49272699
Seems pretty mono-black over black-red.

-2 Is also too strong for the cost and for a 2-mana walker. 2 cards or 4 life by itself is actually alright even if that's all the card did.

Its ultimate is also a better Liliana in most cases.
>>
>>49264564
>>49265006
>>49266488
Damn, these Egypt cards changed in quality real quick
>>
File: Extort.jpg (32KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Extort.jpg
32KB, 375x523px
>>49267918
>>
File: Stormcaller Mage.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stormcaller Mage.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>
File: C2 Maritime Vixen.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
C2 Maritime Vixen.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49275643
Does not compute.

http://magiccards.info/query?q=mana%3D1U+pow%3D2+tou%3D2&v=card&s=issue

>>49274861
Eh... not sure about this. Part of me wants to turn it into a soft counterspell. Something like
>Return target spell to its owner's hand.
>Draw a card.
Or maybe something like Mana Leak, IDK.

Definitely going to make that Power Girl card though.
>>
File: C3 Crows Nest Lookout.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
C3 Crows Nest Lookout.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>49275910
Before Eldritch Moon there wasn't a 2/2 for 1R with no drawback.
Before Innistrad there wasn't a 2/2 for 1B with no drawback.
A 2/2 for 1U with no drawback wouldn't break the pie, limited or constructed.

And yes you should make the power girl card.
>>
>>49275967
>>49275910
endless one means that there's basically an on 1 to 1 curve creature for every color. Or at least that they are willing to make one.
>>
File: C1 Unlucky Adventurer.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
C1 Unlucky Adventurer.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Moved this from white to black.
>>
>>49275967
>>49276046
Meh, fine. Not a huge deal anyway, I think.

>>49276119
>Name
>Art
>Ability
>Flavor text
Awesome job.
>>
File: C2 Cornaire Wayfinder.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
C2 Cornaire Wayfinder.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49276146
Thanks.
>>
>>49264191
I like the name and the art.
>>
>>49276373
Green doesn't care about instant and sorcery cards.

It should be GW, GR or GU.
>>
File: Alleyway Haunt.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Alleyway Haunt.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49276715
...Really?
>T, Discard a card: ~ deals 4 damage to target player. Activate this ability only during combat after the declare blockers step and only once each turn.
>>
>>49276691
Dude's making an instants/sorceries matter set.
>>
>>49276840
>instant and sorcery matters set
>pirate set

These don't mix well.
>>
File: Power Girls Distraction.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Power Girls Distraction.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
First draft. I'm split between messing with players, and messing with creatures, with the obvious tapping being a possibility and maybe removing creatures from combat. Modal is always a possibility though. Also unsure if the ability (or abilities) should be one-sided or symmetrical.
>>
File: Lost in Madness.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lost in Madness.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
Is this better than Monomania? How do you even properly cost a spell powerful enough to discard an entire hand anyway? It just seems like something so expensive it would never be worth it, outside of maybe, just maybe, draft or commander.
>>
>>49277086
Never claimed that they did, anon. Just relaying his plan.
>>
>>49276119
Good flavor. But why black?
>>
>>49277730
Not him, but because death triggers tend towards Black. Here's a breakdown of creature cards containing the line "~ dies" I found on MagicCards. Not that these are all monocolor.
>White: 32
>Blue: 31
>Black: 60
>Red: 26
>Green: 46
Also, bad luck is really more of a Black thing, though I guess it could be in Red.
>>
>>49264564
>>49265006
Continuing to make progress. Now finished with the extended draft of red uncommons for the set. Even with the increased number of uncommons I'm shooting for, I only have a few more to make.

So, thoughts on any of these?
>>
File: Floyd Lawton Deadshot2.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Floyd Lawton Deadshot2.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>49277828
>UR01
I'm not sure I like seeing it at 3 toughness. Otherwise fine.

>UR02
Not really a fan of exiling like this. I think I'd make it rummage instead.

>UR03
Seems fine mechanically, though I have no idea why that's just a snake.

>UR05
Seems fine.

>UR06
I feel like you could just say
>When ~ enters the battlefield during combat
Since Cathedral Membrane says "dies during combat"

>UR07
Seems fine.

>UR08
Ditto.

>UR09
I don't get the Ambush part here. I get that it adds flexibility, but how often do you think it'll actually be used? Red isn't like White, it doesn't have to wait for combat to kill something, it can kill stuff long before combat starts.

>UR10
Meh.

>UR11
Not a curse? Not sure how I feel about this. Just seems slow and weak. I think it would be more interesting if it were a regular enchantment for yourself and cheaper.
>>
>>49276781
are you ok?
>>
>>49278002
>Not really a fan of exiling like this.
Exiling like what, exactly? Impulse draw?
>UR06
Sweet. If that's the case, it'll save me a ton of room.
>I get that it adds flexibility, but how often do you think it'll actually be used?
What if your opponent plays a creature on their turn you want to blast immediately? Or what if you want to burn them, but also want to wait and see what they do during their precombat main phase first? Or if they drop a creature with haste? I think there are plenty of uses for the conditional instant speed. I mean, how often does Flame Slash see play over Bolt? Instant speed matters.
>UR11
Curses all follow similar conventions, especially in naming, that I'm not using. But I still wanted to utilized some Enchant Player effects.
>I think it would be more interesting if it were a regular enchantment for yourself and cheaper.
That would be something I'd be hesitant to put at uncommon, and would also be less flexible. Players are trying to hit the five mana mark in this set (at least, that is the intention) and this has an impact on how easy that is do to. Or, you can use it for yourself and power out some spells. Options are fun.
>Deadshot
Basically Deathbringer Thoctar? Seems a bit uninspired, to be honest.
>>
File: Cassandra Taylor Ballistic.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra Taylor Ballistic.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>49278356
>Exiling like what, exactly? Impulse draw?
Impulse, though not for the ability itself, but the way you get to do it until end of turn here. I get why it's there, to make sure you have the mana to cast the thing basically, but... I dunno, I just don't like the execution of it. It's hard to explain, I'm sorry.

>Deadshot
Yeah... here, let me get a more creative card in here to help with this. I think it's because I have a hard time representing firearms, since they're basically all pingers, and I find it difficult at times to separate mechanics from flavor. Really not sure how to do Deadshot, because he really has no powers other than "Really good at shooting people." That's not an excuse for a poor design, I'm just saying.
>>
>>49277086
a harry potter or wizard academy world would fit better
>>
>>49278548
>wizard academy
Oh fuck, I can see it now.
>The Gatewatch get stopped by planeswalker wizards.
>"You need your wizarding license!"
>Cue sitcome-tier hijinks as they all go to school.
>"Chandra, you're late."
>"But Professor, I had to fight the Eldrazi! And they ate my homework!"
>[cue audience laughter]
>>
File: index.jpg (817KB, 1875x1046px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
817KB, 1875x1046px
Feedback on these mechanics (and to a lesser extent on the power level of the cards)? I plan on using them in my custom card cube.
>>
File: Viza Aziv3.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Viza Aziv3.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Is this an interesting Cromat variation at all? No idea what else to do with the card at this point.

>>49278987
>Graverob
First, really dumb mechanic, probably going to be broken easily. Second, that's not how graveyards work, it should just randomly select a card with a lower CMC and let the players decide how they go about doing that exactly.
>>
>>49279228
Remind me of the lore behind her, as well? Again, my comic knowledge isn't the best.
>>
File: Poison Ivys Harvest.jpg (58KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Poison Ivys Harvest.jpg
58KB, 375x523px
>>49279286
Hybrid of a bunch of different alien species. Unfortunately her exact power set is a bit on the vague side. And yes, that's pretty much her entire character. She didn't do well, though to be fair, I haven't read her series either. Maybe I'll get around to it later.
>>
File: Intercept Orders.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Intercept Orders.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>49279344
Make her care about color, then, and about stuff that every color gets to do. Maybe something like:

"Whenever you cast a spell, ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each of that card's colors."

Paired with some choice keywords, that seems both fun, powerful, and fairly representative of "amalgamation of a bunch of disparate elements."
>>
So, I have a question.

I finished writing up a small set in MSE, and all was well. Then I tried porting it to Cockatrice and everything went horribly wrong.

Has anyone else ever exported a set to Cockatrice, and if so, how the FUCK do you do it?
>>
File: I2 Augury.jpg (34KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
I2 Augury.jpg
34KB, 375x523px
>>49278607
>>49278548
That could be pretty neat.

>>49277730
It could be any color really, it was white before under different flavor.
I wanted to give black more plunder effects.

>>49277086
Well it's a blue bend/instant and sorcery matters set. Water/pirate world made the most sense setting wise.

Of course this set won't be as good as Pirate-anon's set.
>>
>>49279572
Ugh, I did once, a while ago. It's a fucking pain in the ass. First you have to install an add-on that will get MSE to export to HTML, I think, then export the images too. After that, you will have to manually change the names of the images to match the names of the files, since MSE messes with the names of exported images a lot, like not including commas.
>>
File: True-name Dropout.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
True-name Dropout.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49279572
>>49279668
Google is your friend, although this may not work anymore.
https://www.reddit.com/r/custommagic/comments/17d7gw/ive_made_a_script_for_mse_to_export_into/
>>
>>49279654
>Of course this set won't be as good as Pirate-anon's set.
If you set out with that attitude in mind, why even bother?
>>
>>49279787

I know google is my friend, that's why I tried all that first. I'm actually like, 6 pages deep trying to find out what the fuck an muID is, and why I can't set picURL id="" and some other shit I know nothing about.
>>
File: Woodland Guide.png (565KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Woodland Guide.png
565KB, 752x523px
>>49277828
I think it's cool that Burning Desire can make it difficult for an opponent to spend lots of mana on spells and so shut down some of their cards. It may be cool, but I think it's unlikely that it's ever going to be worth it to cast this on an opponent.
>>
>>49280208
I think the creature should be 2G, and the ability should be something like
>G: Put ~ from your hand onto the battlefield transformed.
Or something.
>>
>>49264191

"Progenitus can't leave the battlefield".
>>
>>49273089
His -2 is a strictly worse mind rot, my dude. No one would ever play that as its own card.
>>
File: Ingela the Crimson Queen.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ingela the Crimson Queen.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49279868
Because I enjoy designing cards?
>>
>>49278356
>Exiling like what, exactly? Impulse draw?
Impulse draw is just to the end of this turn, with the only exception being Commune with Lava (because you're supposed to spend all your mana just impulsing). For Reader of the Sands, it's a free trigger on an already playable prowess creature. Instead of trying to bend impulse draw to make it work with casting other spells, why don't you just make it rummaging?
>>
>>49280494
Needs to be 2RR.
>But pun!
"Red, red, red", don't care, change it. If I sound like I'm short with you, it's only because you've already gotten feedback and refused to change the card.
>>
File: UW02.jpg (31KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
UW02.jpg
31KB, 375x523px
>>49280402

I agree that it's not overpowered, but it's not strictly worse than Mind Rot. Mind Rot costs three and nets +1 card advantage. The other is a planeswalker that sticks around after doing his deal. Again, I'd say it's fine though. I like seeing pushed effects.

>>49272699

Personally I feel like this is a great take on a 2 mana walker; the abilities are strong but not broken, and it's further brought down to an acceptable power level by the fact that it can't protect itself and it's in the colors that least often WANT to protect their board state.

>>49274861
>>49275306
>>49275643

Regardless of the shit you might get for the set you're trying to make, I wanted to tell you that your designs are extremely elegant and I really enjoy seeing your cards posted. I personally don't care much for the instants and sorceries theme, but you have a unifying concept of design that makes me think it will come out well.

>>49277338

I like the concept of this, but I'd be careful about making too many like this, because IIRC there is only one hard counterspell in the entire history of magic with only a single blue in its mana cost.

>>49277828

With the direction you took your Gold Red/White cards I was really hoping to see a redirect or copy effect in Red at common or uncommon.
>>
>>49278356
>I mean, how often does Flame Slash see play over Bolt? Instant speed matters.
No, being able to also hit players matters. You're right that instant speed matters, but not being able to cast it end of turn is a huge drop in utility.

>>49280208
As worded, it doesn't use up a land play and is just free ramp. Try: "Return a land you control to its owner's hand: Put ~ ..." Or return a basic land or return a Forest.
>>
File: MW02 Ajani Reluctant Partisan.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
MW02 Ajani Reluctant Partisan.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49280675

Oops, wrong image. I fully expect to get hate for that.
>>
File: Kellam Master of Illusions.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kellam Master of Illusions.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>
File: And Then the World Ended5.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
And Then the World Ended5.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49280675
>Power Girl's Distraction
Cool. Note that these cards aren't really going to work like an actual set, they're just a bunch of cards that have similar themes is all. Tried making a set once, probably not going to try again. Also, I'm not entirely sure how you define "hard counterspell" but if that definition includes giving the spell's controller an upside, multicolor cards, or having to pay an additional cost, there are actually a few that say "Counter target spell." But as for the card, what do you think of my other ideas for creatures? Should I follow through on that, or just leave the card as-is?

And here's another card that messes with spells since we're here.

>UW02
First is kinda weird for taxing an ability, but it's not absolutely crazy. Other than that, it seems fine, though I will admit that seeing "Draw a card" as an option just by itself seems strange on a White card, but I get that it turns it into a cantrip if you want it.

>>49280857
I wouldn't give it Haste, frankly. I mean, you won't even need it after the first turn.
>>
>>49280700
Why Indestructible?

Wrath? Ajani is not Elspeth. Or Gideon, the one time he did that.

Emblem looks pretty Ajani, but considering the mana and loyalty costs, I think it should just count each creature you control regardless of type.
>>
>>49279545
This doesn't have to be white. Conditions are tied to certain colors, but some colors can ONLY get certain effects when they come with a condition.
>>
>>49281033
*aren't tied to certain colors
Which means any downside can show up in any color.
>>
File: Ingela the Crimson Queen.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ingela the Crimson Queen.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49280634
Well as long as I make a pirate that's RRR, I'm fine with modifying Ingela.
>>
File: Progenitus Eternal.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Progenitus Eternal.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>49264191
my attempt
>>
File: UM17 Wrest Control.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
UM17 Wrest Control.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49280914

I define a hard counterspell as being able to counter any type of spell and with no written downside. Psychic Strike is the only one I can think of of the top of my head in multicolor that does it without UU in its cost.

If you wanted Power Girl's distraction to tap down creatures, I'd either up the cost and add a W or a U (I'd probably add both and leave it at 5 CMC myself) or go modal like you said. I've come to really enjoy designing around Escalate lately myself and I really hope we see it again in an actual set.

As for UW02 I didn't actually mean to post that one, but I'll give some depth to my set concept while I'm here. Basically what I wanted to do was explore what the colors and color pairs had within their slice of the pie but were very often underrepresented in printed sets. So a few taxing counterspells in white, some red cards that care about artifacts, a bunch of noncreature spells in green, etc..
>>
File: Orson Fallen Knight.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Orson Fallen Knight.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Spontaneous Intervention.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spontaneous Intervention.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49280675
Oh woops, I was thinking Wrench Mind but I guess I got them confused.
>UW02
This seems like a very broad card and I don't know how I feel. Part of me thinks a mana tithe that cantrips at 2 isn't a problem, but the amount of control it provides through all three modes seems awfully strong. If it was WW I wouldn't have any qualms.

>>49280700
You should add some spaces to the third ability at the end so the text isn't being over lapped by the loyalty.
The amount of synergy on this card is really powerful. I feel pumping out darksteel myrs is a bit too strong on a 5 mana walker with a board wipe.
>>
File: Twisted City.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Twisted City.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Master of Equilibrium.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Master of Equilibrium.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
Gimmie some alt win cons.
>>
File: Zius Master Artificer.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zius Master Artificer.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Spontaneous Repudiation.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spontaneous Repudiation.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49281226
Needs more evasion. I recommend skulk.

>>49281198
Red shouldn't steal spells, it should only redirect. This could be mono black.
>>
File: Endowment to the Abyss.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Endowment to the Abyss.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>49281403
Doesn't quite win but...
>>
File: Heart of Mirrodin.jpg (34KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Heart of Mirrodin.jpg
34KB, 375x523px
>>
File: I3 Gank.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
I3 Gank.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>
File: IlvalWIP.jpg (1MB, 2250x1569px) Image search: [Google]
IlvalWIP.jpg
1MB, 2250x1569px
>>49280934

Indestructible to synergize with the second ability mostly.

I know wrathing is not historically Ajani-flavored, but with Elspeth gone (For now), I figured Ajani was the next best bet for an solid white walker. If it's that big of a deal I can just make it some OC guy instead, but then there's the pain of changing a bunch of flavor text over.

>>49281257

Wrench Mind is a fun card regardless and I still agree.

WW you say? I can totally do that. The G/W faction has a mechanic that focuses on only one color of mana being spent to cast spells anyways, so I actually really like the suggestion.

As for Ajani, he was originally a 2WW walker that gave a Sanctum Prelate effect until your next turn with his plus ability. It involved a lot of text though, so I added the token ability.

How about this?

Ajani, Reluctant Partisan 3WWW

Planewalker -- Ajani

+1: Same
-4: Destroy all other nonland permanents.
-8: You get an emblem with, "Each creature you control gets +1/+1 for each other creature you control"

>>49281527

Black doesn't usually care about instants and sorceries though. I agree Red should generally just redirect, but I don't think the effect could quite be mono-B. Close, but not quite.

Since I seem to be getting feedback for my card, I think I'll post a few collages before I head out.
>>
File: IlvalWIP2.jpg (2MB, 1125x3138px) Image search: [Google]
IlvalWIP2.jpg
2MB, 1125x3138px
>>49281842

Disrupt the Aether has had its cost upped, CW04 is now an uncommon, UW02 is now WW, and some other minor changes.

Sorry for the duplicates in this image file, I'm in a bit of a hurry to get out the door.
>>
File: Spontaneous Ignition.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spontaneous Ignition.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>49281842
>Ajani 2.0
The -4 feels really, really, out of character for Ajani. Like even when his BFF Elspeth got slaughtered he didn't go full Brimaz and try to kill Heliod. He's clearly moved on from vengeance. Maybe if it was BW I could see him doing something like that, but I think it would make more sense to just make a new character at that point.
The emblem seems fine and the +1 still seems a bit odd but not crazy.
If the -4 was like, "Put a peace counter on up to two target creatures. Creatures with peace counters can't attack or block." I'd find it more fitting for Ajani and still be a good control effect.

>Black doesn't ususally care about X...
Black can care about anything. It is greedy and selfish. If it wants that spell, it will take it with it's cold, blood splattered, boney hands. Enslave is a good example of how black can do blue effects for life, and I'd argue the same is true for sign in blood (compared to divination).
>>
File: mse and cock.png (567KB, 1359x986px) Image search: [Google]
mse and cock.png
567KB, 1359x986px
>>49280082
So I got it to work, after modifying the output produced by http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/node/7812
for a little bit. They have a pretty good readme, but I'll sum it up plus my changes:
>Use MSE's Export -> All Images to dump your card images to C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Cockatrice\Cockatrice\pics\downloadedPics\[SETCODE]
>Use MSE's Export -> HTML -> Cockatrice to dump an XML to C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Cockatrice\Cockatrice\customSets as [SETCODE].xml, using the image dump directory as the image location.
>Open up [SETCODE].xml in whatever text browser you need.
>Edit the XML as follows.
1. Update the version number from 2 to 3 in <cockatrice_carddatabase version='#'>
2. Provide a longname below the name <longname>Custom Set ZZZ</longname>
3. Add expansion type and release date in the header, below the longname
<settype>Expansion</settype>
<releasedate>2016-09-30</releasedate>
4. Replace all backslashes (\) with forward slashes (/)
5. Remove all strings of (picURLHq="" picURLSt="") by replacing them with empty strings ().
6. Replace all strings (<set picURL=) with the string (<set rarity="Common" picURL=)
7. Optionally add CMCs with the tags <cmc>#</cmc> in the middle of each card block, where # is your CMC.

Save the file and reboot Cockatrice. It should recognize properly.

To share with other people, they'll need to either change the image file path in the XML to their own Cockatrice Path, or you'll need to upload the pictures somewhere and replace the URLs manually.

Is there interest in modifying this piece of code to template properly for Cockatrice's V3 database? I'm a novice programmer but I can take a crack at it.
>>
>>49282009
>lightning strike with upside

Give it up. This needs to be sorcery speed
>>
>>49282022

I appreciate the help, but I'm a giant moron, so this is still too complex for me. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>49282437
Don't worry, I'm working on an edit to make it faster and easier for you, so you don't have to edit the XML by hand.

As soon as I can dig through MSE's TERRIBLE FUCKING DOCUMENTATION to figure out what fields a card actually has and doesn't have.
>>
>>49282508

I just wanted to play my own shitty magic set in cockatrice so I could balance it ;_:
Why are these problems so fucking badly designed!?
>>
File: Blossom Once More.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blossom Once More.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49281880
Anything I don't comment on is fine.
>CR3
Most, "Next thing can't be countered" effects are rares. I think this should be at least uncommon. Also I think the flavortext is a bit wonky. I'd go with, "Excuse me." but the art of some jerk pushing someone over.
>Jett
This is a strictly better griptide, and from a draft perspective that is not okay at common. I'd make it 3UU if you really want to keep it at common, or 4U if you shift it up.
>CU05
I'd call it, "Disruptive Flow" or, "Obscene Glimmers".
>MM03
this is really weak. Like, too weak. I would honestly take a bear over this in a draft. It's just a mostly weaker Mind Shatter, which I doubt was much of a good pick in drafts.
I'd make it cost XXUB
>MM05
He shouldn't be able to hit lands. He is too good with fetches.
>MW01
I don't think white should get hard counters, I'd remove the sac ability. Too much control in one card. Also I don't think white should get that high of a tax rate. I'd say a flat, "counter unless pay 3" is fair.
>RM08
"When you cast ~, each opponent may copy it."
"You draw X ... Then draw an additional card and gain 1 life for each opponent who copied ~."
"Rebound"
No need to get votes involved.
>RM15
I don't think black should get library search restriction. It is much more it's thing to hate out specific cards like with surgical extraction. How about, "Until end of turn, if an opponent searches his or library for a card, you may search his or her library for a card, and exile it face down."
>RM16
This card is doing too much and has no consistency in design. Why does it care about artifacts? Why does it have you exile your yard? Why does it have salvage? Have it either care about artifacts or care about exiling yard, not both.
>RM20
Why do you think a sneak attack on a creature that draws cards is a fair design? It isn't.
>UR04
Just write it out as, "Investigate three times."
>UR05
Should be a common.
>>
>>49281333
Instead of saying what it can't be used for, say what it /can/ be used for. It's less confusing.

>>49281487
This is just so broken. 3 mana, search anything, make tons of mana, then make even more mana.
>>
>>49282699
It's meant for commander. Wouldn't have to be standard or modern playable. I just want a UR artifact legend that's fun
>>
>>49282794
Just because it's for a casual format doesn't mean it's alright to just be broken. But if you're going to do it regardless of what anyone says, then don't let me stop you.
>>
>>49281165
4R and it's fine.
>>
>>49282022
>>49282508
>>49282537
I just finished tweaking the Cockatrice Export tool for MSE to fit Cockatrice's V3 card database format, so it should work relatively seamlessly.

It's available here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/89807xg4ih96d96/magic-cockatrice.mse-export-template.zip

To install, simply copy and paste the magic-cockatrice.mse-export-template into the MSE data folder (likely C:\Program Files\Magic Set Editor 2\data)

To export, open MSE and select HTML in the export dropdown

To use, save the export ([SETCODE].xml) into the Cockatrice customSets folder located in Users (C:\\Users\[ACCOUNT_NAME]\App Data\Local\Cockatrice\Cockatrice\customSets; App Data may be hidden!)

To use images, make a new folder Cockatrice\pics\downloadedPics (name it your set code) and copy the file path to this folder into the locations field in the exporter (make sure to use .full.jpg when exporting)

>XML: C:\\Users\[ACCOUNT_NAME]\App Data\Local\Cockatrice\Cockatrice\customSets\[SET_CODE].xml
>Pics: C:\\Users\[ACCOUNT_NAME]\App Data\Local\Cockatrice\Cockatrice\pics\downloadedPics\[SET_CODE]\[CARD_NAME].full.jpg

Relaunch Cockatrice and it should detect a new set. Make sure it's enabled as usual.

To play with friends, make sure they have the XML. If they don't have the pictures, that's fine, because the rules text is part of the XML. However, if you want them to have the pictures, make sure they Control-H replace all instances of [ACCOUNT_NAME] with their own.

I'm on Windows 10, so let me know if something goes terribly wrong for anybody else, or they can't get it to work.
>>
>>49283113

So, when I do that, it creates an xml file with;

TST Spoiler List

<card><name>Test Card</name>
<set picURL="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=26805&amp;type=card"
picURLHq="http://tahazzar.realservers.info/Purple%20Card%20Images/Test%20Card.jpg"
picURLSt="http://tahazzar.realservers.info/Purple%20Card%20Images/Test%20Card.jpg">CP</set>
<manacost>1</manacost>
<type>Creature - Myr </type>
<pt>1/1</pt>
<tablerow>2</tablerow>
<text>Draw a card.</text>
</card>

this in it and nothing else. So clearly I fucked up somewhere.
>>
>>49283197
Did you reboot MSE after installing the new export template? There shouldn't be any references of picURLHq or picURLSt in the new code.

Mine looks like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cockatrice_carddatabase version="3">
<sets>
<set>
<name>ZZZ</name>
<longname>Custom Set ZZZ2</longname>
<settype>Custom</settype>
<releasedate>2016-9-10</releasedate>
</set>
</sets>
<cards>

<card>
<name>Ringing Calm</name>
<set rarity="Common" picURL="C:/Users/Redacted/AppData/Local/Cockatrice/Cockatrice/pics/downloadedPics/ZZZ/Ringing Calm.full.jpg" >ZZZ</set>
<color>W</color>
<manacost>1WW</manacost>
<cmc>3</cmc>
<type>Instant</type>
<tablerow>3</tablerow>
<text>Destroy target enchantment and all other enchantments with the same converted mana cost as that enchantment.</text>
</card>

</cards>
</cockatrice_carddatabase>
>>
File: ur a winner.jpg (395KB, 1881x523px) Image search: [Google]
ur a winner.jpg
395KB, 1881x523px
"not everything needs to be a cycle, anon."
-some idiot probably.
>>
>>49283424
Master of Chaos seems hilarious in Storm or something. Master of Peace and Equilibrium seem nigh impossible. Master of Nature's numbers are way too high.

Master of Undeath is Lab Man for Ad Nauseum, except that you need a permanent like Phyrexian Unlife to make it work, which makes it sorta lame.
>>
>>49283277

Yeah I did. It doesn't look like the script is affecting it at all. I have like, the option for export to cockatrice, and I do it, and it just makes that- no header, no sets, just the test card, in that format.
>>
>>49283277
>>49283686

MOTHERFUCKING CANCEL THAT DOG, IT'S FUCKING WORKING.
>>
File: Layla Necromancer Angel.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Layla Necromancer Angel.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49283951

I really like this. I could see this in a commander product.
>>
>>49266488
The cost on gifts from Nephthys is hardly a cost, it's more of an insane elf ramping tool. Two mana to untap the team is really good, not to mention the oher stuff you are giving them. This is too much of a combo enabler IMO.

Gifts from Set is way OP. Sacrifice a bunch of tokens to reanimate god knows what for a turn while simultaneously board wiping them seems a little too powerful. Just get viscera seer, murdures redcap and melira sylvok outcast in your graveyard. Just put gislebrand in your graveyard and do the 17 minute combo of your choice.
>>
File: Mysgans Plot.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mysgans Plot.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49284165
Way too much for too little cost. I mean, you don't even have to name a card before you dive into their library exiling things.
>>
>>49283951

I never got to comment on this before, but you realize this lets you put every land from every graveyard into play within just a few turns, right? If you pick out of your own graveyard, the turn after you cast her you can get 8 lands back. She's basically a boundless realms on a flying baby Wurmcoil.

>>49282677

Thank you very much for the feedback.

>CR3

I was using Overmaster for inspiration, but then I realized I never looked up the rarity. I'll bump it up to uncommon.

>Jettison

I think 3UU is probably fine. For some reason I thought Griptide was 2U.

>CU05

The name is left over from when it was a Disperse variant. I like your naming conventions, so I think I'll use one of them.

>MM05

I was trying to keep some concept of eternal powerlevel in mind when designing most of my cards, but I guess that slipped by. I'll change it to nonland.

>MW01

I really wanted to have a properly colored Invoke Prejudice in my set. Do you think if I made it cost WWWW and made it a flat tax of 3 that it would be okay?

>RM08

I wanted it to be a group hug version of Sphinx's Revelation with a small but notable upside for the caster. And without vote counters, you don't get to draw any cards on the rebound because X will always equal 0.

>RM15

Shadow of Doubt is hybrid for a reason. Plus there is Stranglehold in red. I think it's probably fine, but I also like your idea because it fits the flavor of the card a little better I think.

>RM16

This was originally going to just exile instants and sorceries then deal damage equal to that amount with an aggressive salvage cost on the far end, but then I got the idea of mixing damage and -X/-X. I think I'll change it back to what it was.

>RM20

I forgot Sneak Attack was a thing for a minute. I'm going to change this one.

>UR04 and UR05

Duly noted.
>>
>>49281033
I didn't make it white out of necessity. My set is an enemy-colored multicolored set. The white factions have a lot of taxing and tempo stuff in them.
>>
File: buddhism extremist group.jpg (297KB, 1884x523px) Image search: [Google]
buddhism extremist group.jpg
297KB, 1884x523px
"but i thought these 5 color vertical cycle things were supposed to be non-creature!"
it's your fault for assuming im consistent
>>
File: Rolomok Master of War.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rolomok Master of War.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49280503
>Free trigger
You have to spend five mana on another spell first. This lasts for the same reason Commune with Lava lasts.
>>
File: Ally Crone.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ally Crone.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49284384
>MW01
Having the "2/W" isn't the issue, it's the fact it both punishes your opponent for playing your color, and not playing it. It provides too much control for 4 mana. Making it only mana leak things out of your colors is probably the most fair you can make it without it being garbage. (Which to be clear, isn't really fair at all.)
To be honest, Invoke P is a broken card with no fair logic around the design and isn't a very good subject to color shift or re-balance.

>RM15
So here are my issues with Shadow of Doubt. It's the only example of black ever restricting library searching, and it is an old card from when dual mana cards were still rocky. Its almost as bad as using Lorewyn or shadowmore cards as an example of balanced and color-pie-fitting cards.

>RM08
Sphinx's is already really strong. Like it doesn't need a more potent print. It's also just not easy to design X spells. You could make it a "X + *a number*" and up the price a bit so the rebound gets you a little.
>>
>>49280494
>Because I enjoy designing cards?
And you should. You're a good designer. So don't enter into a project with the "This will never be as good as X" mentality. MAKE it as good as X. Shoot high and work hard.
>>
>>49280675
>With the direction you took your Gold Red/White cards I was really hoping to see a redirect or copy effect in Red at common or uncommon.
Because of Intercept Orders? The RW faction has a lot of tax and tempo stuff, which that card is a part of. The copy stuff isn't necessarily a focus, although I do think those types of effects are cool.
>Card
Shift+enter for modal cards, it'll get rid of that giant space between your choices.
>>
File: broken removal combo.jpg (76KB, 446x318px) Image search: [Google]
broken removal combo.jpg
76KB, 446x318px
>>49284499
>Ascend Med
Exponential life gain isn't fun or fair, especially from a draft perspective. If this is on the field and you gain just 1 life, it gets out of hand really fast.
>Cit Arr
This is pretty busted. This in any value deck would get a lot of favorable exile trades and would run it, even without the cantrip. I'd get rid of the "draw a card" at the end.
>Gosne
A defensive Norin the warry seems cool, but ultimitly this card is busted and shouldn't be printed. See pic related if you aren't familiar with why.
>Quiet
Silence is already a really good card. We don't really need a better printing of it. The only reason it doesn't see play is due to it not being split second.
>>
>>49284081
>that image
You don't tap mana, you tap lands to produce mana, fucking noob.
>>
>>49284499
Gosne is formatted oddly, which I think is leading >>49284857 to think its more broken than it is.
>Whenever ~ blocks a creature, exile that creature and @. Return them to the battlefield under their owner's control at the beginning of your next upkeep.
This means that it can't quite be abused with Karakas anymore than any other cheap Legendary.
>>
File: Final Judgement.jpg (25KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Final Judgement.jpg
25KB, 375x523px
>>49284857
>Ascending Meditant
i'll change it a bit.
>citizens arrest
without the cantrip it's just bone splinters, which i guess is ok.
>gosne
I knew something was familiar and degenerate.
I'll get rid of Gosne, it was a bad idea in general.
>quiet
it's not Silence, it's everything silence doesnt do.

have a three word centered Final Judgement with no art.
>>
>>49285013
>>49285011
>wow i should read my own cards
i'm dumb, gosne stays
btw Warden is block any number of creatures
>>
File: Evangelist of the Uninitiated.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Evangelist of the Uninitiated.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49284499
Why no art? Especially if you're making a set (are you?).
>>
File: Horrific Thoughts.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Horrific Thoughts.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>49285051
Woah now, a 1 mana legendary that blanks creature combat at absolutely no risk is probably a little bit overpowered. If it didn't block any number of creatures, it'd be more balanced.
>>
>>49285196
>Their
Why?
>>
>>49285163
I design a lot of stuff that looks time spiral 2-ish and wizards kinda hates time spiral so i dont think a set would be a good idea. if i did something else it would just be high magic fuckery with no good defined plane features.
>>49285196
yeah, it does only stop combat every other combat but warden on it was a bit broken, i was going to take it off but then i made a bunch of changes to the last part and forgot about it. just played along afterwards.
>>49285226
yeah, always use his or her. it may be anti-non binary but wizards likes it more because it promotes the concept females playing.
>>
>>49285256
>yeah, always use his or her. it may be anti-non binary but wizards likes it more because it promotes the concept females playing.
I think that's the funniest post I've heard all week.
>>
File: Synagogue Lurker.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Synagogue Lurker.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>49285051
He'll be fine as long as you use >>49285011 's wording, but then it still has the issue that you have a free "block everything on the ground" every other turn. I'm guessing you've never played against a turbo-fog deck before?

>>49285013
>Cit Arrest is just a bone splinter
Bone splinter at instant speed would be insane in draft. I'd play a white bone splinter honestly. Hell, Angelic Purge is the closest we have to a white bone splinter and it sees a lot of play.
>It is the blanks of silence
Woops, my bad. Well I think it's fine then.

>>49285163
The Gold Cursed was already a pretty strong card, I don't know why you think a much stronger version of him is fair to print. Her + wolf hunter's quiver + security alarm = clear everything without hexproof or shroud. But you don't need all that to still get value out of her. Just a single swing is pretty powerful.
She needs a tone down in power or make her higher costed.
>>
File: Prioritize.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Prioritize.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>49285411
Oh lord the wording on this is so odd. Sorry.
>>
>>49285411
You don't need onto the battlefield.
>>
>>49285411
>Her + wolf hunter's quiver + security alarm
I'm not particularly concerned with a 3 card combo that doesn't even win the game. Also, a couple of things:
1.) I'm shooting for a bit of a higher power level than the current standard environment with this set, and I'm certainly shooting higher than the Theros block. A lot of the cards in the set are aggressively costed. I will bump up the cost, but only if absolutely necessary.
2.) Macar's is a may effect. This is not, which means that you can be forced to exile your own stuff. Additionally, this gives bodies to your opponents if you use it on their creatures, which is a much more significant boon as compared to a gold token.
3.) With the higher power level I'm shooting for, I've made good removal spells available in every color at multiple rarities. I really don't think the card as is will be oppressive in my draft environment, which is my primary concern.
>>
>>49285466
You know, I hate blatant color pie violations, but I'd honestly prefer a mono-Red hard counter over this. That or something that gives a spell Split-Second.
>>
File: Spontaneous Communion.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spontaneous Communion.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49285524
Yes, thank you. I'm not used to the new "create" wording.
>>
>>49285740
There's something every tutor has that your card is missing. Tell me what it is.
>>
>>49284718
>You have to spend five mana on another spell first.
And you get 5 mana's worth of another spell. Ypu pay nothing extra for the impulse draw.
>>
File: Grove Sentry.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grove Sentry.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49285724
There is nothing color-pie violating about this. Red cares about spell manipulation too. It gets things like ricochet trap and reverberate. Why is changing stack order not allowed in red?

>>49285764
God FUCK shiiiiiiit.
Thanks.
>>
>>49285774
But you also won't be able to cast the exiled card if you spent all of your mana casting the five mana spell required to trigger the ability. Unless the card remains castable, Commune with Lava style.
>>
>>49285821
Changing stack order is a VERY blue-centric type of manipulation. Red gets to copy spells, redirect them, but not distort the order in which they were cast.
>>
File: Horrid Lashing.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Horrid Lashing.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>49285905
Blue has never demonstrated moving things around in this manor. It either undos them completely, stops them, or takes them. Red is also quite interested in spell manipulation. This is no more a "break of the color wheel" then green getting "can't be countered" effects when it is normally a red or blue thing.
>>
>>49285821
My point was that I'd rather have a huge color pue violation, which I said I hate, over your card. I made no comment on what color stack manipulation belongs to, because I pray that Wizards never actually prints such a thing.

You're welcome.

>Card
It's
>[Mana cost], [Tap], [Other cost(s)]: [Ability]
Not sure on the mechanic. I'd rather have something that doesn't eat my cards, like Delirium for example.
>>
File: 178.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
178.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>49285971
>green getting "can't be countered" effects when it is normally a red or blue thing.
Uncounterable is Green when it's on creatures.
>>
>>49285971
What I mean is that the type of effect and flavor you're suggesting is almost entirely blue. Blue loves the word "manipulation" and stack ordering is exactly that. Red doesn't care about order, they go with the flow and would rather stack more things on top of that instead of trying to go back and change something.
>>
File: Faith Externalized.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Faith Externalized.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>49286017
Sorry, I miss understood what you meant. Why would it be bad to print though? At best, it can make a "response to a removal spell" fizzle. There aren't many situations where it actually helps.
>odering
Thanks friendo.
>dislike eating yard
Well, I want to make you have to make hard decisions on how you uses your yard in this set. It has spell mastery, flash back, split second, (possibly) exhibit, and Expend as to try and get you to think of what mechanics you care to get value from.
I guess I should put something in that is a little more creature oriented so the draft isn't "Who got all the solid instant and sorcery cards?"
>>
>>49286163
Capitalize your type line, bruh.

Also, Wizards dislikes being able to give creatures you don't control protection because you can use it offensively to stop combat tricks and remove enchantments, which is somewhat counter to the original idea of "protection".

As for the stack shenanigans, I could see it in both Blue and Red, although their motivations differ. Blue changes order tactically, because it tweaks and experiments, but Red changes order because it upsets the current order and because it changes directions quickly and spontaneously.
>>
File: Rotwing Risen.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rotwing Risen.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>49286316
>Red changes order because it upsets the current order and because it changes directions quickly and spontaneously.
>"I'll cast blightning."
>"Uh fuck you? Have a remand."
>"Uh double fuck you, I'm going to put blightning on the top of the stack with prioritize."
>"Shit."
How about we call it, "Force Outcome" to make it sound more brutish. I could limit it to only putting things on the top if that helps.
>>
>>49286163
>Why would it be bad to print though?
Well, mostly because
>There aren't many situations where it actually helps.
It's like asking why Wizards doesn't reprint the lace cards. Just make a Red redirect, we could always use more of those.

>Mechanics
I think combining "Have cards in your graveyard" with "Get cards out of your graveyard" isn't a great idea for a set. I don't see how Split Second relates to this at all. Not a fan of Exhibit both for being a revealer mechanic, and for being colors matter. Colors of permanents and cards just seems like such a weird thing to base game mechanics on, which is why Wizards has moved from color hate and color Protection recently, and revealer mechanics are annoying because they actually discourage people from playing Magic by rewarding them for not casting spells and instead keeping cards in their hands. Just think about how well-remembered Amplify is. Oh, haven't heard of that one? Exactly.
>>
>>49286316
>>49286383
I don't know about you two, but I could totally get behind a Red card that says
>For each spell, reselect its targets at random. (Select from among all legal targets.)
>>
>>49286383
>Regenerate in Blue
Not even Wizards did this. Outside of, like, Ghost Ship.
>>
File: Power Girls Distraction2.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Power Girls Distraction2.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
New version. Should I change the mana cost?
>>
>>49286613
yeah I love the design but for mechanical and flavor reasons it should cost 3UB
>>
How many commons/uncommons/rares per color does a set have?
>>
>>49287264
Shit, I need to make the next thread opener so the anon who made this one doesn't fuck it up again.

Here.
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR
You should probably start with "Design Skeleton"
>>
>>49285764
What's he missing?
>>
>>49273082
The reason black doesn't get Ambush Viper is it doesn't need it, and that power level on a creature at that cost doesn't belong in black at that rarity. It has little to do with "black getting flash" because again, flash is something cards get when they need it, and there aren't many cards that need it to function; it's usually just a bonus. Black has no need for Flash deathtouchers because it has instant speed creature removal. That's a much more salient reason why you don't see Ambush Viper-type creatures in black than what you are saying, which is "just because there aren't many black flashers I am right", which is nonsense since it only proves two things:

>black doesn't need flash creatures for the most part due to what its instants already do
>it's not a keyword associated with black with regards to french vanilla creatures, which I've already explained

But, I'm sure you'll continue to disagree, even if you're not correct.
>>
>>49287264
They are generally split evenly with maybe a slight tilt depending on what you want.

You can look up historical distributions of rarity by just googling. Recent sets are ~ 101 commons, ~60 uncommons, ~53 rares, and ~15 mythics (and 20 basic lands).
>>
>>49287384
Something every single person here should know immediately. My prescription for you: Read more Oracle text.
>>
File: Symnaris Zelso.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Symnaris Zelso.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49286876
>No one will draw Ajanai wearing a boob-window sweater
Life is pain.
If your opponent thinks you are going to silence and tap their minions they'll just do it before this resolves.

>>49287384
I forgot to add, "Then shuffle your library."

>>49286613
>>49287128
I made it 3UB, and a 4/3.
>>
>>49287264
>>49287394
Not that anon, but from my own readings WotC will often times increase the number of uncommons to make draft more fun (with commons usually taking the hit to numbers), because uncommons are workhorse cards (it also makes it easier to reliably get playsets of commons for Draft due to there not being as many cards to begin with). I tend to lean in that direction myself when I make sets, but your results may vary.
>>
>>49287452
>If your opponent thinks you are going to silence and tap their minions they'll just do it before this resolves.
That is a problem with mechanics like this. Though it also prevents responding with sorcery-speed stuff. And that's part of why I added countering spells to the first mode. Like, you can take care of an opponent's big spell and Silence them so they can't follow it up with something else.

>Symmy
Jesus, please pick an easier name for this guy.

First seems incredibly unfun. I mean, it's just going to result in the player throwing out the same spell turn after turn. It's why Wizards never brought Retrace back.

>he or she controls.
As opposed to sacrificing they don't control? I get that this ability is a callback to Dark Heart, but it still feels super weird.

I think I see what the problem is. I'm sorry, but I think you just don't understand how to BG philosophy. All you've done is mash Black abilities with Green abilities. It's certainly not elegant. I say go back, look at the things the the combination brings out in both colors, and try to emphasize that.
>>
File: Clipped Nosphen.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Clipped Nosphen.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49287603
>Name is frustrating
okay I'll make it less funky.
>+1 means guy will replay same card.
Oh I never thought of that. I'll restrict it to only land cards so it is a throw-back to LFtL.
>sac effect
If it was, "each player sacrifices a land he or she owns" you could do ownership change memes where you give someone a land you have and then sac it with his -2. Why, I don't know, but it is possible. It's also the standard phrasing to use control over own unless necessary.
What is weird about, "Each player sacs a nonbasic land he or she controls."? It's green hating out the unnatural and black doing a little land hate.
>He isn't very true to the nature of BG
This kind of firmness towards the classic way these colors pair is why every Golgari commander deck is the same. If we don't try to do different things with color combinations that still fit, we'd never get gritrog monster and all we'd have are more "sac things, graverob, munch on dead bodies" stuff we always see.
>>
>>49287446
What's an oracle text? I find you guys to make interesting stuff. I know next to nothing about the game itself.
>>
>>49287708
This type of ability on a permanent requires "As long as" X, do Y. "If" is a single check.

>>49287744
Oracle is Wizard's official current wording on errata and a go-to for trying to figure extrapolate on new wording.
>>
>>49287744
Hoo boy...

OK, Oracle text refers to Oracle, the system Wizard uses to represent the official, most up to date wordings of all cards. Doesn't matter what a card was printed saying, when it's read, it's the Oracle text that matters.

Here's the official Wizard's site for looking up cards: gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Default.aspx

Here's another site for looking up cards, with higher resolution scans and easier syntax: http://magiccards.info/

And here's the comprehensive rules of Magic: http://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/rules-and-formats/rules

I tell everyone this: Read more Oracle text. This is my way of telling people to learn more about the specific syntax and mechanics of the game. There's a lot of super obscure stuff out there that can help with wordings and ideas.

Also, don't be afraid to look into the comp rules to find an answer. It is intimidating because there's so much information in there, but just as it says, it's not meant to be read all at once.
>>
>>49287708
>If it was, "each player sacrifices a land he or she owns"
You don't even know how sacrifice works, and you're trying to make a a multicolor planeswalker? Seriously? You're trying to parkour before you can crawl. Take it down a notch.
>>
>>49287708
Black doesn't really do land hate anymore. I'd expect to see nonbasic hate on a RG walker rather than a BG one, but I guess its sort of in color for green.

You can't sacrifice things you don't control, no matter what. That's just the rules.

I like the Regrowth, although I'd like something more Black attached to it than self-mill. Loam is a mono-green ability. Something that emphasizes grave creatures or life payment are easy black elements to include.

The emblem is two disparate effects that seem crammed together. I'd focus on one neat effect that'd be cool to have on an emblem.

But I agree with >>49287818 in that planeswalkers are fucking hard to design. I don't do them because all they bring is frustration and annoyance.
>>
File: Dahr the Conqueror.jpg (129KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Dahr the Conqueror.jpg
129KB, 750x1046px
Also, COAnon, get on cockatrice for a sec if you're here.
>>
>>49288230
Done, just waiting on you.

>card
Seems kinda odd how you gain a land but they lose a creature. Kinda thought it would make a token or something for the creature part. Overall, it seems pretty White, especially if you change the creature bit to making a token as I suggested. But it's up to you.
>>
>>49288304
Mhmm yeah it'really a monowhite card, but I wanted to give it the haste on top of the exile bit; and that sort of removal seems to be a better fit in B than R.
>>
File: Empty Mind.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Empty Mind.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Anti-Bribery tech? Temporary protection from mill? Great way to lose the game if your opponent can make you draw a card? You decide!
>>
>>49288452
So you definitely want both exile and Haste?

>>49288463
Just seems kinda dumb really. Though I think there's a Red card that basically did this with the hand from... I want to say the original Ravnica block.
>>
>>49288504
Ignorant Bliss, Dissension. It was an instant speed Hellbent enabler. I know that this is even more narrow, but I'm sure there are some corner cases where someone might want it. At least it cantrips!
>>
File: Illegal Famliar.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Illegal Famliar.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Grand Melee.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grand Melee.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49286876
>not "Distractions"

>>49281736
You need the dash between the Metalcraft and the ability. Also preread for typos.

>>49282794
That shit is straight up broken in most any format.

>>49283424
Specify round up or down for chaos. I love alternate wincons, and these are all really cool.

>>49284165
Not really a mythic, to be honest.

>>49285466
>stack manipulation
Fun, though.

>>49288504
>Though I think there's a Red card that basically did this with the hand from... I want to say the original Ravnica block.
Ignorant Bliss
>>
File: Bloodstorm Invoker.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodstorm Invoker.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Image.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>49265118
>>49264559
>>
>>49288922
Ragged Veins doesn't prevent damage. Accursed Bond does.
>>
>>49285838
Then change it from impulse draw to a different bonus that works when casting big stuff, rather than try to hack the ability to fit. You're trying to force card advantage onto red, rather give it to them on the sly.

You could always just change it to blue and have them straight up draw a card.
>>
>>49288463
It's time consuming, and nigh useless.
All that said, I love it. +1 for flavor.

>>49288561
That's a lazy name.

>>49288619
Those creatures fight each other?

>>49288832
1BR
haste, flying
>your card is now worth at least 3 bucks.
>>
>>49288504
WHYNOT.
>>
File: mechanic samples.jpg (399KB, 1125x1046px) Image search: [Google]
mechanic samples.jpg
399KB, 1125x1046px
Decided to foolishly begin my first set. Even more foolishly deciding to center it around hybrid cards. This means eventually trying to edge out or create more hybrid space.

The set is focused around a planar disturbance which begins draining the strength and vibrance of mana (not to be confused with Eldrazi desolation). This means trying to prioritize generic and generic-hybrid over solid mana symbols.
Factions are split between singular colors, but as colors fade, factions later begin melding and picking up neighbors as a means of survival.

Here are some quick sample mechanics to just display the mechanics I intend to use.
>>
File: Topple the Idols.png (184KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Topple the Idols.png
184KB, 375x523px
This turned into something Amonkhet-related.
>>
>>49289668
Reminds me too much of Austere Command.
>>
>>49289601
Be an idiot and have fun. Best of luck <3

Talking about being an idiot <3; if you're making the set of at least 240 cards, you're probably going to be struggling when making the hybrid cards. Their design space is. Minute. To put it lightly. Especially since you want the set to revolve around them; you'd bee looking at at the *very* least 10 per color pairing, at around 240 cards. If you want to keep them as important as you seem to want, shoot for a 180 set for the first one.

>Favored
You'll break everything with this card, I'm starting this plan is going to forsake the color pie as a whole. I'm not sure the mechanic; I'd need to see more examples.

>Resonate
Interesting. But the way it's worded, it limits itself.

These are the same effect, with wider appliances:

>Resonate (Each other creature you control that shares a color with this card gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)

Enter dubious design space:
(assuming the ability below is in a white card)
>/Resonate/ — [trigger clause], white creatures get +1/+1 until end of turn

>Resonate white (White creatures get +1/+1 until end of turn)

>Ravage
Memory issues, that's a flag. Like the ability though. I have no idea if this works, although I'd assume with little doubt it doesn't; someone correct me please.

>Ravage (Whenever a creature blocks this creature, put them into a pile until your next turn's end step. Creatures in that pile can't block.)
Reads awful ;_;

>Invert
That's flowstone. Bit too niche for a mechanic.

>Retreat
Same as above. Pretty much mono U aswell.

>Seeker
Now this is really interesting. Think this should be an effect for a legend like Juri En though.

Keep it up! <3

>>49289668
Do Shift+Enter for spaces in modals. I like it, nonbeliever >>49289726
>>
>>49289751
Shift+enter is too close. The real spacing on modals is actually half the size of a full line space, which MSE can't do.
>>
File: Flowstone Plasmid.png (889KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Flowstone Plasmid.png
889KB, 750x1046px
>>49289764
Sometimes it looks well :D
>>
>>49289550

It doesn't have haste. Are you saying to add haste? It seemed pretty potent even without haste.
>>
>>49289931
Remove LL and add haste. Lifelink seems unlikely in a BR build, and serves the card no purpose.
>>
File: Talia al Ghul Demons Heir5.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Talia al Ghul Demons Heir5.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>49289565
Since it's WB, I think you could just have it exile on combat damage or something. But if you want to keep the tax theme, no idea, sorry.
>>
File: Binah the Wise.jpg (124KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Binah the Wise.jpg
124KB, 750x1046px
>>
>>49289956

Perhaps. I mostly had it there for the 'Vampire' and 'Blood' theme.
>>
File: Nekron Lord of the Unliving.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nekron Lord of the Unliving.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>49290165
I feel like it would be better if perhaps the mana cost were a little lower, but it had a mana cost for the ability. Which should probably be
>discards all the cards in his or her hand. You draw that many cards.
>>
>>49290235
Vampires are actually kind of split up between BR and WB. BR get more counters, WB gets more lifelink and life drain.
>>
File: Malkuth the King.jpg (138KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Malkuth the King.jpg
138KB, 750x1046px
>>49290255
It's a cycle of snowflakey angels based on campaign I ran. The angels are based on the ten Sephiroths of the Kabbalah.

>>49290235
Mechanics and practicality trumps snowflakes.

>>49290255
>Nekron
That shit is evil ;_;
You could get away with 5BB I think.
>>
>>49290312
Technically speaking, spells aren't allowed to have protection. The rules only discuss players and permanents. But, as I usually say, not an egregious stretch of the rules to allow it, as weird as it is.
>>
File: Brightest Day.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Brightest Day.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Is this spell costed well? Hard to find anything official to help.

>>49290312
>That shit is evil ;_;
Well, he is evil.

>Malkuth
I'm pretty sure Protection only works for players and permanents.
>>
File: Darth Zannah Sith Sorcerer.png (890KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Zannah Sith Sorcerer.png
890KB, 750x1046px
>>49290380
Would you look at that, you're right.

>Card
Possibly. Possibly. For a regular standard environment.
>>
File: Blackest Night.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blackest Night.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
Companion card to above. Day has no flavor text because there is currently no White Lantern oath.

>>49290466
Let's say it skips standard and jumps into modern. What then?

>Darth Klown
These restrictions are crazy. You realize she's only going to fetch nonpermanents, enchantments, and planeswalkers, right?
>>
>>49290501
I doooo. But XB scares me. That out-of-the-deck-removal is scary. And Necropotence! D:

Also, no idea about Modern. I was about to get into modern, because I found out a deck archetype I actually liked and made me interested. BUT WE HAVE TO SELL ELDRAZI.

I'd like to see it in EDH, but the babiwhiners would rip it to pieces with their tears.

>Blackest Night
That art is great.
I think you can get away with 5BBB, not with 4BBB. In Garruk's Wake and Plague Wind are both 7BB.
>>
File: Conflagration Goblin.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Conflagration Goblin.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
Lets milk tears.
>>
File: Kara Zor-El Supergirl.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kara Zor-El Supergirl.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49290620
Yeah, XB isn't great. I'll try to think of something.

>Night
Ah well. I really want Night and Day to have the same mana cost, but I guess I can live without that.

Oh, and I'll remember to read those web pages and the PDF.
>>
>>49290165
Should clarify that "you draw". Not hybrid.
>>
>>49264442
If Progenitus' toughness would be reduced to less than 1 it is reduced to 1 instead.
>>
File: Cadaverous Bloom R.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cadaverous Bloom R.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>49289509
>Hack it to fit
I'm using an adaptation of the ability pulled directly from a real card, for the same reasons the actual card uses that adaptation. This isn't some asspull.
>Just change it to something else
I can't just change it. I have a skeleton to fill out, and the other red uncommon slots are filled. This needs to be a small creature, it needs to care about spells that cost five or more, and it needs to generate card advantage. Discard one, draw two is not a preferable option to Commune with Lava impulse, in my opinion.

Thoughts on this reprint for the set?
>>
>>49292506
>Reprint
Doesn't wow me. I like the art though.
>Ability
Recur an instant or sorcery card from your graveyard? Wheel ability? Exile the top of an opponent's library? Sin Prodder ability?
>>
File: CG02 Banu Blade-Guide.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CG02 Banu Blade-Guide.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>49293564
I picked the reprint to work with my GB faction and with the big mana themes of the set.
>Ability
>Recur an instant or sorcery card from your graveyard?
Taken by a blue uncommon in the set.
>Wheel ability?
Hesitant to use at uncommon
>Exile the top of an opponent's library?
Not red, and also would face all of the same mana issues as exiling from your own library after casting a big spell. I'd still have to make the card stick around a while for the ability to function well.
>Sin Prodder ability?
Again, something I'd be hesitant to use at uncommon.
>>
File: 54 (1).jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
54 (1).jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>49293850
>Not red
lol
>same mana issues
Yes, but losing an opponent's card is not as much of an issue.
>>
>>49293850
>>49294274
Actually, you talk about rarity, but it looks like Wizards doesn't want any impulse at common.

http://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3A"exile+the+top"+r%3Acommon&v=card&s=issue
>>
File: Fledgling_Trio.jpg (191KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fledgling_Trio.jpg
191KB, 1125x523px
Back with more shitty cards.
>>
>>49295177
These feel more like commons due to them normally having no upside.
>>
File: Flash Flood.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Flash Flood.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>49295225
I'm not very good at rarities, thanks for the input.
Costing help with this one would be good. Seems fine without spell mastery active, but too good with it.
This is an old version, I currently have it costed at 3UU.
>>
>>49292506
Why do you even have a slot for red card advantage at uncommon? Prowess and casting big spells is also not very synergistic
>>
File: Peos Agapi Falsifier.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Peos Agapi Falsifier.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49295393
I agree. You could:
>Spell mastery = freeze 3 instead of 2
>spell mastery = instant speed
>spell mastery = scry 2
>>
File: Narset Fury of the Storm.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Narset Fury of the Storm.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49295500
I like the middle option, given my name for it.
Now that I read this planeswalker more and more I realised how much I may have pushed it for Modern.
>>
File: Veiled Sphinx.png (218KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Veiled Sphinx.png
218KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Mesmeric Arbiter.png (255KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mesmeric Arbiter.png
255KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49295500
The only Black in this is the +1 having lifeloss.
>>
>>49297039
Making your opponent sac things is black.
>>
>>49297170
"Illusion"ing things is Blue, though.
>>
>>49297217
>Blue should get to make people sac their shit
The enchantment you are thinking of should have never been printed in mono blue. What it is does is very black. I don't care about what creature type themes it had in it, mechanically it should be black.
His ult literally makes all your targeting stuff into edict effects.
>>
>>49297404
Not really. Black has plenty of ways and is more than capable of outright either killing everything or has adequate spot removal.
It's actually pretty blue in flavor and mechanics since blue manipulates, but still doesn't really offer a direct solution. Dismiss into Dream is just a (quite expensive) roundabout blue removal.
>>
>>49297498
Black also has dozens of things that make opponent sac things. Dismiss and polymorphs are the only times blue has ever made another player sac things, and rarely are used in that manor.
Literally 1 card is not an argument for an effect to be part of a color. It's like arguing bee sting proves that green should get bolt-style spells.
>>
>>49297580
Nor is that a reason why a card with any peripheral effect should be printed in any color but the primary one.
There is a reason to respect the color pie, but letting other colors have nothing else ever is a poor reason in and of itself.
>>
File: Paoah of the Nine.png (270KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Paoah of the Nine.png
270KB, 375x523px
Stole this from a vague memory of something someone once posted in these threads.

>>49295610
A common problem with custom rares is that they try to fit too much onto one card. Veiled Sphinx would be absolutely fine with just the first ability. Less is more, in my entirely subjective opinion.

>>49295641
Trample isn't really black and definitely doesn't fit into blue. This might actually be more interesting if you cut both flying and trample, reducing the cost accordingly. Then again, you could keep them - this would make an excellent mythic rare. Otherwise, I like the card. It has this fantastic blue/black feel to it.
>>
File: Urza Planeswalker.png (249KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Urza Planeswalker.png
249KB, 375x523px
>>49297704
>>49297580
>>49297498
>>49297404
>>49297217
Illusioning things is super rare. Historically, it's been black - Horobi, Death's Wail - but Dismiss into Dream was printed in M13. This could be seen as part of a general trend of moving the Illusion ability from black into blue as a whole.
Whatever that adds to the discussion, I think that Peos is perfectly fine in RBU, given that Tamiyo, Field Researcher exists and could absolutely be monoblue.

Speaking of planeswalkers in questionable colors, may I present pic related.
>>
File: Qalqu the Deciever.png (222KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Qalqu the Deciever.png
222KB, 375x523px
>>49278987
Incarnate is actually really interesting, but I'd make it "creature you control" unless you have interesting plans that dictate otherwise.
"Overwhelm" sounds a lot cooler than "Outnumber."

>>49279228
This is one of the rare characters you post that I don't recognise at all. I don't even know what a Forerunner is.
"Untap target creature" feels weird in GW, but I suppose it works.
I seriously doubt that anyone will ever use the UB ability.
>>
>>49294274
My mistake. Exiling from an opponent's library being in red is news to me, and a new addition to the color as far as I can tell. Usually, it's a UB thing.
>Yes, but losing an opponent's card is not as much of an issue.
Wait, I thought the issue people had was that you got to keep the card for TOO long? Using the Commune with Lava format prevents the card from being "lost" due to a shortage of mana. I'm getting conflicting messages. I'm starting to think some of you are suggesting change for the sake of change. For now, I'm keeping the card as-is, with Commune with Lava style impulse drawing.
>>49295498
Every color needs some form of color-appropriate card advantage available to it, especially for limited. Card advantage is too intrinsic to the game to relegate to a single color or to only the higher rarities.
>>
File: Quinian Heir to Trest.png (281KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Quinian Heir to Trest.png
281KB, 375x523px
Everything gets Totem Armor. Think this wording works.

>>49292506
Fits beautifully into your set. That flavor text is BG to a tee, as well.
>>
File: Wandering Daeva.png (291KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wandering Daeva.png
291KB, 375x523px
>>49294274
>lol
To be fair, that card is brand new. It's traditionally been a UB thing.
>>
>>49298180
Yes. Keeping it for libger is clunky, but not having it practically guarantees losing the card. Losing an opponent's card is not a real issue though.

Regardless, it seems that impulse doesn't happen at common at all.
>>
>>49298022
She's from the infamous Countdown limited series. I think DC pushed her to become popular, but it obviously didn't work. Her alias is... well, Forerunner, uncreatively enough. The Forerunners are from another DC Earth (I think it's 48).

Basically, humanity fucked up and nuked themselves, so the alien races of the solar system became dominant (one of the Martian generals is Martian Manhunter). One race for each non-Earth planet, they all hate each other, but don't openly fight for fear of ending up like humans. All fighting is limited to Earth. However, the survivors of the losing sides were left behind, and eventually bred with each other This combination of alien heritage created the Forerunners, who possess multiple abilities used by their ancestors (DC is vague on exact powers). Eventually the Forerunners were chosen to act as the agents of the monitors (for some reason). But all of them but Viza were killed off by Monarch who framed the Monitors to recruit her to his side (I forget why, probably something stupid, knowing Countdown).

Is it any wonder why she was forgotten?
>>
>>49298022
>>49299287
Oh yeah, any suggestions for abilities? Or do you think the concept should be changed entirely?
>>
File: 1473423532001.png (439KB, 426x596px) Image search: [Google]
1473423532001.png
439KB, 426x596px
>>49299314
Thing is, there are exactly zero UB abilities that would fit in the space you have, other than exiling cards. Looks like you're stuck with it.

Blue-black is kind of a nightmare to design for altogether, come to think of it. Doesn't even have a keyword, now that Skulk is dead.
>>
>>49299870
Yeah, it does suck. Up the mill?
>>
File: Mind Dweller.jpg (110KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Mind Dweller.jpg
110KB, 750x1046px
>>49299870
That's a really nifty image. Where'd you get it/are there any more?

>Skulk is dead.
How's that? More than glad to hear that though.

>U/B
I have to agree with you. :c
>>
>>49299870
Actually; didn't the really first, early mtg cards look similar to that?
>>
>>49301084
>If ~ would deal damage to a player, instead exile that many cards from the top of his or her library.
No "When" clause on a replacement effect.

Also, skulk is dead because they realized there wasn't as much design space as they would have liked. It can only go on 1 and 2 power creatures, maybe 3s, so its really narrow.
>>
>>49290312
>Mechanics and practicality trumps snowflakes.
>Kazy speaking these words to someone as a critique
>>
>>49301256
Right! :3

And yeah, that's true.

>>49301260
I know firsthand!
>>
why isn't kicker just evergreen at this point
>>
File: In the Grip of Chaos.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
In the Grip of Chaos.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49301659

The name really doesn't make it sound blue. A name like that is a very red name.
>>
>>49301599
Because it's too vague and broad. Duh. Everyone knows this.
>>
Making a superhero-lite themed set that is basically another attempt at a "legendary matters" set. It's going to try to alleviate the problems with Kamigawa's legends by having a transform focus too, transforming normal guys into legends.

Just wondering if you guys see anything that would end up blatantly horrible.

Signal X (X, Discard this card: Search your library for a legendary creature with converted mana cost X or less, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)

>As my intention, X won't always be just colorless mana but converted mana cost will still refer to the CMC of that. So like 2W would fetch a 3 or less. I'm not sure if that's too confusing or weird.

When Recruit MECH enters the battlefield, recruit. (If Recruit MECH is not a token, create a token that is a copy of it.)

>Pretty basic mechanic and it works with one other keyword I have. Pretty sure I stole this from a bunch of other people. It also acts as a mirror to the legends matter theme, in that for every one important guy there is a bunch of goons.

Technique N (You may tap any number of creatures you control with power N or more. Copy this spell for each creature tapped this way.)

>Ties in with recruiting. People like storm and copying spells and my set was heavily missing noncreature focused mechanics so I tossed this in but it still ended up revolving around creatures.

Inspirit — Whenever a creature you control transforms into a legendary or a legendary permanent enters the battlefield under your control, effect

>Not sure if the first effect even works but this is supposed to be simple support to the theme

Legacy — When Legacy MECH dies, exile it instead. Return it to the battlefield as a legendary enchantment with “x: effect”

>Maybe too clunky. I wanted another way to make regular creatures into legendaries and I was thinking that the stories of regular people doing heroic things becoming legends of themselves would be cool.
>>
>>49302096
>try to alleviate the problems with Kamigawa's legends by having a transform focus too, transforming normal guys into legends
My initial reaction is very positive. Could work wonderfully.

>Signal X
So... more narrow Transmute? Eh.

>Recruit
Take care what you put this on. The main issue here is that you're going to have a messy board with all those token copies. Sets usually limit themselves to 12 or less token types.

>Technique
Mite b cool. I do like spell copying, as do many spell-loving players, Needs timing though I think; should probably be on cast.

>Inspirit
I think you can make it work, but it may end up wordier than you want it to be. It being an ability word means that it is going to have an effect after it, and that's gonna limit what you can fit in the text box because Inspirit already takes two to three lines on its own. I'm also not sure you want to do this; it might be cleaner to just scale it off the number of Legendary permanents you control instead. Easier to deal with.

>Legacy
If you're gonna do DFCs this is kinda pointless since you can have them transform in different ways anyway, so the flavor is very dilute here. Plus, Legacy sounds more like something that'd leave something behind, like maybe a colorless Enchantment token named SOMETHING that you can sac to do things, or +1/+1 counters or somesuch.

Just my two cents. I'm a shit designer and a failure at more than half a dozen sets so take all of this with a grain of salt. I don't even make cards anymore, but your post caught my eye so I dropped in to comment for some reason. Good luck anon.
>>
>>49302096
>Signal
Wizards is moving away from tutoring unless it's for like basic lands or something. It diminishes deckbuilding a bit, because people end up searching for the same things.

>Recruit
Kind of hard to make a meaningful mechanic that revolves around making two-for-ones. I don't think it would quite offer the complexity that people want, so it ends up being good not so much mechanically, but just value-wise. I feel like Kaladesh's Fabricate ability (as in make a generic token) makes the effects you can pair with it a little wider.

>Technique
A bit like Conspire, but also potentially unlimited. I would be careful with the power levels of spells and power required to copy it, but it may work.

>Inspirit
I think you may be able to introduce wording in this case, that "When a creature you control becomes legendary or when a legendary creature enters the battlefield under your control, do X." But I can see the space you can build around that. Though like the Kamigawa block, having so many legendary creatures somewhat diminishes what it means to be legendary in the first place.

>Legacy
Now this one is probably not going to works as well. It would need to be most of the types it's going to be in both states, so creature to non-creature is a bit odd. Wizards has done it before with Bestow, and now kind of with Vehicles, but again it is odd mechanics-wise. Especially with dying and coming back, it's going to require some counters and checks that make sure it's either one or the other.

I'd like to suggest using Convoke though.
>>
>>49302096
>Inspirit
First of all, the name is iffy. Its way too close to Inspired from Theros, and has no mechanical relationship. Consider something like "Morale" or "Herald", or, if you want to spin it a bit more fantastical "Saga".

Second, maybe do it like Delirium where the check is controlling a legendary permanent, or a legendary X (creatures to creatures, lands to lands, etc.). This leads to a synergy between powerful legendaries and nonlegendaries that want you to control a legendary.
>Morale -- At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control a legendary creature, put a +1/+1 counter on Fledgling Adventurer.
>Morale -- If you control a legendary creature, Mythic Thunder deals 4 damage to that creature or player instead.

>Legacy
I actually love >>49302510's suggestion of making tokens that can be burned for something. Magic is doing a lot with alternative resources lately (Clues, Energy), so I think this is a fun and modern design space to explore. The trick is figuring out the right verbiage to make it work.
>Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, leave a legacy. (Put a colorless Legacy enchantment token onto the battlefield with "{1}, Sacrifice this enchantment: Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.")
Of course, this means that Legacy might be color restricted mechanically (only Green and White would do it, maybe Red or Black fringe), but thats fine because its also restricted flavorfully. Black characters are rarely leaving positive legacies for other characters, and Blue characters also don't necessarily strike as inspiring people.

>Technique
I'd rather see it as a Conspire-esque mechanic that cares about total power (like Crew) rather than color like Conspire did. Might need to be called something else, though, becauase throwing creatures at a spell doesn't really scream technique. I hate Wizards for wasting "Amplify" on 9 shitty ancient cards, because it'd be perfect here.
>>
>>49302626
I definitely were considering convoke, I didn't think it worked that well flavor-wise but it's certainly on the list
>>
>>49276781
it dies to 1/1's...
>>
Hey there, first time posting in this kind of thread, been making a chinese lore themed set, and was really trying to nail what a good dual land would be. Does this seem balanced enough?
>>
File: Pass into prose.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pass into prose.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49304378
this is also an example of a sorcery from the set
>>
>>49304378
Seems rather easy for it to come in untapped. May need additional restrictions.
In case of wording, it's mechanically different, but I think reads better:
>~ enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a white and/or black creature.

>>49304396
Seems fine. Ugin's Insight lite, but constrictions seem ok even if you end up scrying for something like 4-5 (which is pretty high).
>>
File: Serpentblood Adept.jpg (113KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Serpentblood Adept.jpg
113KB, 750x1046px
>>49304378
Should that be shallow?
I think it's probably balanced. But it's easier to just go with black and/or white creature.

>>49304396
That's a nice card. Would see some play.

Killer symbol btw!
>>
>>49304483
Did you realize that Prowess stacks?
>>
>>49304511
Yup!
>>
File: Twinblade Mongrel.png (272KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Twinblade Mongrel.png
272KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Psychic Warrior.jpg (32KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Psychic Warrior.jpg
32KB, 375x523px
>>49304511

What, really?
>>
File: Spellstorm Warrior.png (253KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spellstorm Warrior.png
253KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Valiant Rose.jpg (122KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Valiant Rose.jpg
122KB, 750x1046px
>>49304511
>>49304698
Oh absolutely! This is a card I made that I love :3

>>49301260
Look anon-sempai ;_; I can walk!
>>
File: Faith Concentrated.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Faith Concentrated.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>49304396
I'd change the flavor text to, "Those with experience are responsible to share it." -- Deffinitly-not-ugin mc old fuck

>>49304483
This needs to be a rare. It is genuinely cancerous. it probably needs to cost more to give it things as well.
>Cast it
>Give it prowess x 3
>Cast a bunch of the 1 phyrexian spells
>Cast gods willing, or anything else that makes it unblockable
>Swing for tons of easy damage

>>49304676
If this didn't have first strike it wouldn't be a rare. Also what it is doing feels really boring and niche. I'd like it a lot more if it was like, "*keyword*-- As long as ~ has a card attached to it, it has 'T: Gain control of target creature until end of turn. It gains haste. It must attack its owner this turn if able."

>>49304782
Stop. This is almost as bad a storm.
>>
>>49304851
>Stop. This is almost as bad a storm.
lol, kiln fiend says hi.
>>
File: Hibernation Pod.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hibernation Pod.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49304871
Kiln Fiend is a 1/2 that pumps +3/+0 on only instants and sorceries. The lack of toughness boost is actually a big deal.
>>
>>49304891
It not requiring mana for its effects is also a huge deal, especially as the scenario you gave could clearly only happen in constructed.
In limited, the first card has an effect which is comparable to shade effects, sometimes better but usually far worse, I could imagine it needing to be 1 power or toughness lower for limited but it is not by any means broken.
>>
File: Horrid Lashing.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Horrid Lashing.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49304871
Not gaining toughness is a very big difference. It keeps Kiln in bolt and shock range.

>>49304885
A fair cord of calling? I like it.
>>
>>49304923
>A fair cord of calling
God I hate modern design.
>>
Yo, /co/ Set Anon, I just had the best idea for a Trickster card. He's a DFC where the sun side is James Jesse, a fairly standard monowhite human with a Cumulative Upkeep cost, if his CU cost isn't paid then you exile him and return him to the battlefield as The Trickster, a BR human villain with Haste an activated ability that works like Donate, but it only targets other permanents. (it's a pun on the Tricks deck, geddit?)
>>
File: Eroding Sprouts.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Eroding Sprouts.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49304918
Okay? Cheap throw away cards are really easy to fill a deck with. Storm already does this. It could easily just get slapped into a storm deck as a third win condition.
>Play it
>give it prowess 2
>cast 4 cards
>it is a 10/10
>go to the next turn and do it again because all those prowess procs replaced themselves

>>49304945
Is any format in a good shape, honestly? At least standard is about to get POD RACING.
>>
>>49304976
>Is any format in a good shape, honestly?
Legacy's *OK* and pauper will probably be fine once drake is banned (it's so much more powerful than CoF holy shit).
>Okay? Cheap throw away cards are really easy to fill a deck with. Storm already does this. It could easily just get slapped into a storm deck as a third win condition.
What storm deck would prefer playing that over just another empty the warrens?
What storm deck would prefer playing that over young pyromancer?
you're talking about a turn 4 kill that loses to every form of creature interaction, including blockers (unless you're playing a creature protection spell in a fucking storm deck in which case what the fuck are you doing?).
This isn't even something that should be debated, like it's clear that it simply can't function in a storm deck.
>>
File: Hollowed Groundskeeper.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hollowed Groundskeeper.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49305115
Well this breaks Dredge and Delve.
>>
>>49305121
"one or more", so no it doesn't break delve. And how the fuck does this break dredge?
>>
File: Swarm Bringer.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Swarm Bringer.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49305156
I think they mean delve + dredge.
>>
>>49305156
>so no it doesn't break delve.
Delve actually relies on you exiling cards from your graveyard to make the card cost less, so yeah this breaks with Delve.

And I guess this doesn't break with Dredge because I'm a dingbat.
>>
>>49305218
It only nets you 1 loss/gain per delve cast, that's hardly broken.
>>
File: Hollow Form.jpg (32KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hollow Form.jpg
32KB, 375x523px
>>49305218
Is a 3 mana, "Add a vampire bite to all your dredge spells." Really going to bust a mechanic? I think Delve has better things to do like life form the loam, or just playing an angler.
>>
>>49305265
You don't need the instead.
>>
It's a little late in the thread, but I finished the extension of my green uncommons for the set, so I'll go ahead and leave them here. Black's next, then on to the rares.
>>
File: Malevolent Tutor.png (287KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Malevolent Tutor.png
287KB, 375x523px
I thought this existed, but it doesn't. So, lucky me.
>>
>>49305827
Needs a reveal.
>>
File: Malevolent Tutorv2.png (289KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Malevolent Tutorv2.png
289KB, 375x523px
>>49305845
Oh yeah, forgot it's actually a restricted search.
>>
>>49305883
You also don't want the first X to be a mana symbol.
>>
File: Malevolent Tutor.png (289KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Malevolent Tutor.png
289KB, 375x523px
>>49305897
Ah, that's an automatic format thing.

Though now I remember my token generators are formatted wrong, with [color][P/T][type] instead of [P/T][color][type].

Time to sleep.
>>
>>49305974
Anon, that card is as powerful as demonic tutor. Even at 2 mana it would be a black strictly better version of sylvan scrying.
>>
File: Shu-Shizu Assassin.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shu-Shizu Assassin.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49304396
More from this set
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 136

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.