[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh shit! The Martians have somehow invaded your most recent campaign!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: UUUUUUUUULLLLLAAAAAAAAA.jpg (28KB, 270x341px) Image search: [Google]
UUUUUUUUULLLLLAAAAAAAAA.jpg
28KB, 270x341px
Oh shit! The Martians have somehow invaded your most recent campaign! what happens?
>>
File: Warhammer_d4e07f_5847907.jpg (240KB, 512x640px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer_d4e07f_5847907.jpg
240KB, 512x640px
>>49262380
martians die.
>>
>>49262380
One of my factions' tech bases is just "The Martians from War Of The Worlds" and they fit in perfectly, so replace humans with martians, nothing really changes
>>
>>49262454
Distinct lack of chainswords.
>>
>>49262380
But they already tried invading once before. I guess this a second martian culture? Let's just throw plague-stricken rats on them again and be done with it.
>>
>>49262380

But that was the whole premise of the campaign in the first place; ayys descended onto the world when the most advanced nation was just discovering gunpowder and then proceeded to conquer the nation at the center of the plane with their fully automatic weapons, aircraft, and industrial-era logistics.

Right now, they have subjugated three nations including one of the setting's major powers, destroyed two nations outright, temporarily subjugated another major nation before it rebelled (but not before making said nation a pariah for technically allying with the ayy), and mangled another major nation while it was in the midst of a civil war, steering their not!French Revolution off the rails and actually managing to indirectly save their monarchy and unite the continent in the process, though this is little comfort as they just barely managed to drive the aliens out using magic, muskets, swords, and human determination.

The PCs hail from a nation on the south-eastern corner of the plane, who were until very recently isolated from the rest of the world behind a massive glacier.
>>
>>49262380
It means my GM has finally begun pandering directly to me and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
>>
>>49262380
Finally, a chance to use this Cthulhu by Gaslight pdf I downloaded a few years ago!
>>
>>49262502

I should add they drove the aliens out of /their/ continent. The aliens still hold nearly total control over two of them; the way the map is set up is a roughly rectangular mass of land cut up by a series of narrow lakes, forming four roughly rectangular continents as well as a square one in the center of the formation. The aliens control the majority of the central continent (which is agumented with a massive labyrinth consisting of mountain-sized walls made by an unknown ancient civilization, the outmost walls blending into seemingly natural mountains that are nevertheless likewise layed out like a maze) as well as the western continent, and are puppeting major powers on the Eastern which is where the majority of the civilizations reside.
>>
>>49262380
Well considering we are all pricepts in a Titan legion, I think we will be fine.
>>
The players never even notice.
Now one might find that strange.
How could a world with primitive firearms and mages repulse an attack from a race so advanced their even side arms can vaporize a man in an instant? To say nothing of the destruction the ship mounted weapons could do.

The answer is simple really, they don't even have to.
For you see, long long ago a man who had lived many lives on this little planet built a series of devices and placed them in orbit around it. These devices are only a few meters across, shaped like pyramids with concave edges. They maintain geosynchronous orbit in a wide gridlike array and monitor local space for any objects whos path will cross earths. Working in concert the devices fire lazer beams at any object big enough or moving fast enough to pose any threat to the planet. Be it debris, space rocks or a hostile alien fleet. No doubt they'll counter attack and devices will be lost but the current array is deemed sufficient to repulse up to a catagory 7 invasion without need for intervention from the other arays within the star system.
All the inhabitants of earth would see are little shooting stars as wreckage of the ships, sliced into pieces to small to survive reentry, rain down and are vaporized by air friction.
The crisis passed they stand down and resume sensor sweeps, scanning the debris field for signs of life or energy and systematicly destroying them. The computer files an after acrion report with the Overseers AI on [Redacted] and any units in need of replacement or maintenence are recalled via teliportation. A system wide sensor sweep is initiated to search for further threats and the arays remain on high alert until the Overseer or his AI give the authentication code to signal all clear.
>>
>>49262380
>Martian tripods vs House Steiner "scout" Lance of heavy mechs.

After a moment of confusion and wtf'ing on the players part they verify that yes, autocannons and PPCs work on the strange mechs just fine. Their training takes over from there.
>>
File: logo.png (6KB, 625x150px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
6KB, 625x150px
>>49262380
You fuckhead, we are martians.
>>
File: angry_marines_invades_thread.jpg (38KB, 420x342px) Image search: [Google]
angry_marines_invades_thread.jpg
38KB, 420x342px
>>49262380
We kind of just started a Deathwatch Campaign. Do the xenos want to do their duty for the Emperor now, or should we chase them down first?
>>
>>49262380

Those walkers nearly got blown the fuck out by cannons i am pretty sure any setting can deal with them.
>>
>>49262380
The Technician gets excited, until we tell him that we'll kill has ass if he starts building up that Third Impact technique again. Then the wizard just drops meteors on them.
>>
Stomp ass all over the world and die from a cold. Probably would reshape the whole setting because of how much ass they stomp on the fantasy people.
>>
Super-powered criminal organizations team up to fight the martians, their super natural abilities being the only match for the alien's high tech. I might actually do this if the campaign ever gets stale.
>>
The Evil Vampire-Werewolf team stops trying to assassinate the "Good" (Read: Player-Supported) Vampire-Werewolf team and instead all work together to stomp the Martians.
I guarantee Aggrevated Damage Claws and Brujah with Protean 4 and Celerity can make short work of these Xenos Bastards.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.