[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 77

File: jedit.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
jedit.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
Frosted Flakes edition

Last thread: >>49244268

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
File: edhdecks.jpg (242KB, 900x550px) Image search: [Google]
edhdecks.jpg
242KB, 900x550px
Post em
>>
File: CommanderCanidates.jpg (161KB, 1524x308px) Image search: [Google]
CommanderCanidates.jpg
161KB, 1524x308px
Looking at some new commanders to mix things up a bit, I currently play Riku combo and it is rather fine tuned so it pilots itself.

I am looking to avoid blue in my new deck and "I win" combos.

I have lined up a few "fun" commanders, no idea about the last two since they haven't been spoiled yet.

Feedback or suggestions would be great.
>>
File: 20160404_204618_HDR~2.jpg (805KB, 1800x2463px) Image search: [Google]
20160404_204618_HDR~2.jpg
805KB, 1800x2463px
When will they unban Braids? I need my bae back.
>>
File: decks.jpg (755KB, 1454x1460px) Image search: [Google]
decks.jpg
755KB, 1454x1460px
>>49254220
Not much changed. Added Recruiter of the Guard to Roon and she's SO GOOD.
>>
>>49254278
Sorry, it's not "fun" enough.
>>
>>49254278
she'll get unbanned when you can't swamp, sol ring, swamp t2 and cast her
>>
File: my group.png (3MB, 1888x2432px) Image search: [Google]
my group.png
3MB, 1888x2432px
>>49254277
>grenzo
It's monored, and dependent on ramp, meaning that you probs gonna have a rough time. Decks propped up by artifact support with no artifact synergy have it hard. Could be fun enough in a casual meta.
>shattergang
I've heard complaints that its slow. It should be highly responsive, I imagine, as you constantly have to make choices based on the state of the board.
>squirmy wormy
people swear by the get huge life, tho i have my doubts
>renegade girl feldon
she is the prophesied izzet artificer general; even if she is not very strong, her deck will be disgusting
>stern lady magoo
Jeskai or azoriuss, control either way. I don't love that, but your mileage may vary.
>>
>>49254433
>not having turn one braids with recursion.
>can't even into singleton vintage
>>
>>49254491
I want to hug S
>>
Dilemma;

Me; Wants to make mill deck, knowing mill is a weak subtype. Considering putting an infinite or two in as a wincon.

BUT; Nobody in my playgroup runs infinites, there's a ghave in my group too with tons of doubling effects but no actual infinites.

Do i build without the one or two infinites I planned on putting in or just let it rock.

note; the infinites I was considering are three piece though they share one piece.
>>
>>49254617
He is wonderful.

In other news:

What the FUCK is this card saying to me right now? I do not understand
>the rest onto the battlefield
The rest of the 9? The other creature you exiled, if indeed you did exile it?

Does this card dig 10 and give your opponent the best of 2 creatures, or dig 10 and give your opponent 1 creature of the 10 cards?

IT JUST SAYS SHUFFLE YOUR LIBRARY AND EXILE TWO OF THE CARDS, WHERE ARE THE OTHERS?
>>
>>49254698
If you put them in anon, just know you're opening the floodgates.

It's interesting how playgroups that exist within a bubble evolve around changes. The group that I first started playing with after just getting into the game a few years back was strictly kitchen table. No card set limitations, play with whatever you have, pull cards from boosters and at MOST buy a few cool looking Timmy singles from the LGS.

I came in having already played other card games before MTG and without second thought built a fine tuned deck out of singles I ordered online, because that's what seemed normal to me. My deck routinely dominated the competition and I got called a cheater for ordering cards online. After loling in their faces and continuing to do it, you'd be amazed at how quickly the group power creep spiked.

Guess I corrupted all of them.
>>
>>49254698
The moment somebody gets infinite milled, you're focused forever as that one combo guy.

It isn't worth it; never be that guy to bring infinite combo to the group. You will be archenemy, and you don't even actually have a strong strategy.

Just rock mill with a side of reanimator, and don't forget to pack your jester's cap effects to eat eldrazi titans
>>
>>49254757
You're exiling two cards and your opponent gets one. The other 8 are shuffled back into your deck. I'm guessing the last line is what confused you as 9/10 times you'll only be putting one creature onto your field and the way it reads almost sounds like you put more (and if you weren't sure where the other 8 went I can see how this would be confusing). But the reason it's there is because the opponent can choose not to put any of the exiled creatures on their field, in which case you get "the rest," which this time is two instead of one.
>>
File: edh.jpg (370KB, 984x838px) Image search: [Google]
edh.jpg
370KB, 984x838px
My Pile of Shit

considering Queen Marchesa for my next deck but eh
>>
>>49254797
What absurd situation would involve an opponent so desperately not wanting a creature that they would give it to you?

What menace are they protecting from with that "may" clause? Will this card become the scourge of Oath of the Druids deck? Will this card be paired to some devastating effect with rakdos charm? Did they so fear the notion of giving green a harmless offering?
>>
>>49254548
case in point
>>
>>49254757
this card is pretty terrible imotbqhfam

chance to whiff on getting more than 1 creature and your opponent gets the pick of the best one

its shit
>>
>>49254823
>considering Queen Marchesa for my next deck but eh
Same. It's the three colors while not in green. I'm not made of money. I'm not gonna spend a small fortune just to make the deck playable. Fuck land prices.
>>
>>49254757
>Zedruu can't even play it
Might just be the worst spell since Mudhole.
Hell, Mudhole can at least shut off Crucible shenanigans.
>>
>>49255169
i already have a few pieces but yeah i don't know if i can stomach forking out money for more land bases, i like to build the decks but its a lot easier when i can just swap them out from other decks
>>
File: that's weird, berserk.jpg (213KB, 763x1100px) Image search: [Google]
that's weird, berserk.jpg
213KB, 763x1100px
>>49255185
>mudhole
It could be sideboard tech against loads of lands strategies, even. Not great, but a valid enough card for red.

What the FUCK is the point of Dubious Challenge? This card, as near as I can tell, has a 95% chance of fucking you in the ass.

>either need creatures that are good for you and are seriously negative for your opponents(so, nothing I've ever heard of) OR

>you are some kind of big creature of deck that is absolutely shitting removal or bounce, preferably repeatably, the latter of which suggests an ETB deck, which suggests that you just fucking gave your opponent value

WHAT IS THIS SHIT
>>
>>49254491
>Nemata described as "fucking terrifying"
Genuinely curious about this deck
>>
Would you guys allow proxies in casual games? So long as the deck wasn't full of the most ridiculous cards ever printed of course but just a couple so you don't have to sell your kid to build the deck you really want.
>>
File: gif breaking.gif (2MB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
gif breaking.gif
2MB, 300x369px
>>49255568
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/combat-math-isnt-hard-its-impossible/

12 tokens coming at you.
You have 4 blockers.
You block 4 and 8 1/1s coming at you.
Nemata sacks those 4.
The 8 remaining each hit you for 5, you take 40 and die.

Just a relatively moderate number of tokens, the amounts that can be amassed in a round late game, become a lethal threat. Green mana doublers and green ramp and green token doublers help the deck get out of hand very, very quickly.

Also fun fact, green draw tends to be based on having a lot of creatures or big creatures. The deck excels at both.
>>
>play my 150 dollar self-made timmy deck on xmage against the typical 2000 dollar netdecks that you see on xmage
>win like half of my 4-man ffa games there
>play the same deck against my casual ass group who also run 150 dollar casual decks
>get my ass handed to me 9/10 times

what the heck
>>
>>49255728
no politics you become neutural, then present a threat, they gang up on you
>>
>>49255728
In one meta youre not a threat, in the other you are a legitimate player to target. Finding a way to not get hit and have your shit removed means you get to win in this format, even if it's because people are too smug to think your deck can beat theirs.
>>
>>49255629
This is hilarious.

I always wanted to make an ultra-janky Ghave deck on spore token-generating creatures and nemata fits it perfectly.
>>
>>49255754
can you write this in english

>>49255757
people tend to take me seriously in xmage too, i think it's just that it's only my group that runs a shitload of spot removal in every deck no matter what. in a typical xmage game, i can usually get most of my creatures to stick around for 2 or 3 turns. in my own group, i'll be lucky if i get to swing once with each creature
>>
>>49254761
Kind of a dick move, anon. That's like intentionally prolapsing a nice Catholic girl who agrees to anal.
>>
>>49255782
>spot removal

why
>>
>>49255825
why what
>>
>>49255867
why spot removal in commander
>>
>>49255875
i don't know dude

obviously it's working out for them since i rarely win a game with them
>>
>>49255757
This is how my Eldrazi Rakdos deck works, whenever I play a new group they always assume I'm playing casual, then I just wait until most of them burn their removal on each other, drop Rakdos and next turn and one swing later I have 7-8 Eldrazi ready to annihilate 16 on the swing and their hands are gone. In my normal group they KNOW what I'm going for and I have to be far more careful or they annihilate me, cause they KNOW what is coming.
>>
>>49255875
>not packing instant speed spot removal to save your ass on an alpha strike or to take out a mondo huge threat
>>
>>49255886
Well, i guess if it works...

Still, spot removal is only good in commander if it's repeatable, like Scion Teysa.
>>
File: aetherfluxreservoir[1].jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
aetherfluxreservoir[1].jpg
48KB, 265x370px
This kills the format.
>>
>>49255916

I feel that running 1 or 2 spot removal spells is basically always worth it so you can tutor it up if something that absolutely demands to be answered hits.
>>
>>49255921
Day 1 banned in duel commander, a big "kick me" sign in multiplayer.
>>
>>49255921
Great win con for life gain decks. Wait until you have 300 life and drop this and kill shit.

Hopefully the EDH centric artifacts being printed will actually cause player to pack more enchantment and artifact hate. Pretty tired of seeing Green decks only pack Reclamation Sage and Bane of Progress.
>>
>>49255921
You just know people will drop this when they have over 50 life and try to use it right away
>>
File: lost_legacy[1].jpg (44KB, 255x361px) Image search: [Google]
lost_legacy[1].jpg
44KB, 255x361px
QUICK

Is this insanely going up in price or not? Should I buy a playset to sell it in 5 months from now?
Not for commander but Modern or something
>>
>>49256020
>not for commander

Then ask the modern thread, fuckwit.
>>
Would I be cheating if I don't double-sleeve my basic lands? I've finally gotten around to building a physical deck but I didn't order enough sleeves. I don't know if you can tell the difference as they haven't arrived yet and the backs of the large sleeves aren't transparent.
>>
>>49256052
You'll be able to tell the difference between which cards in your deck are and are not double sleeved. And typically if an opponent can see your deck they can see some cards rise slightly more than others. It would probably be best if you double sleeved your entire deck.
>>
>>49256065
Alright, guess I'll order some more.
>>
>new Feldon deck averages like 4.3 CMC
This feels dirty but I'm never really hardcasting anything
>>
>>49256143
Are you running enough driscard?
>>
>>49256162
Yes, lots of wheel effects and looting
>>
>>49254829
>>49254757
>>49254990

there might be some shenanigans you want to do with it. do not underestimate effects like that because they can always be built around.
>>
>>49255983
are you serious? at my lgs people build with a shitload of utility creatures with destroy artifact/enchantment like effects plus all the possible tutors.
>>
>>49255983
BANE?
>Captcha is select all airplanes
>>
>>49252149
I know I'm super tardy to the party, but anyways:
If I'm understanding the situation correctly, you did all this in a single combat.
If you grant first strike to a creature after first combat damage step, it's not gonna do any damage in second step.
>>
So, I'm thinking about doing a $100 Blind Seer deck with nothing but old bordered cards. Think it could be fun? Or at least worth a damn?
>>
>>49256356
This is incorrect. If a creature gains first strike after the first strike combat damage step and did not deal damage in that step, it still deals damage during the regular combat damage step. (702.7c in the comp rules, if you're interested.)
>>
>>49254277
Who are the two last characters?
>>
>>49256404
Just do High Tide Time Spiral.
>>
>>49256422
We don't know yet. We just have the art.
>>
>>49254433
Another reason Sol Ring needs to be banned.
>>
what is the most broken set after urza's saga and mirrodin?
>>
>>49256444
ABUR
>>
File: concerned_fitness_man2.png (102KB, 746x717px) Image search: [Google]
concerned_fitness_man2.png
102KB, 746x717px
>>49254278
>ywn T3 Reanimate Braids and It That Betrays
>>
>>49254278
She should have been at least 5 or more to cast.
>>
I want to be an arms dealer and make the group kill each other while I sit back and reap the benefits

Which commander is best for this
>>
File: 1472885466683.jpg (67KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1472885466683.jpg
67KB, 1024x768px
>>49256436
>solution ring needs to be banned because it could allow this other banned card to be in play really fast
>>
>>49256520
Gahiji
>>
>get on an xmage ffa
>guy plays liliana stax
>slows the game down to a grind and has nothing on the board besides his gay ass planeswalker
>forces everyone to sac everything by recurring a fleshbag marauder
>ask him if he has a wincondition or if he intends to make the game just last forever
>14:58: 2gig: now I'll kill you last :-)
>3 turns later get the upper hand on him with a token generator and he can't force me to sac shit anymore
>he goes afk for 15 minutes
>comes back to cast a creature after 2 players have already left
>alt tab back into the game and ask him if hes casting anything else
>he goes afk again

could it be that stax players are annoying babies???????
>>
>>49256431
>Time Spiral is $30 now
I mean, I'll see if I can't fit in in. My budget is more of a challenge than an actual restriction.
>>
>>49256520
Zedruu. Give people threats and draw cards/gain life in the process
>>
>>49256020
No its complete shit.
>>
>>49254757
This card is only great if a creature for you would be far better than it would for your opponent, like if you run a tribal deck.
>>
>>49255916
People like you are the reason johnny combo gets to win turn four
>>
>>49255629
>Vorinclex is 23$ now
Wew lad, I remember picking up mine for barely anything back in the day.
>>
>>49256600
All the Praetors are expensive now. Urabrask was like $4 a few months ago
>>
>>49255875
What the fuck? Why wouldn't you run spot removal along with wipes?
>>
>>49256420
Oh damn, that's actually pretty cool. I seem to remember wrong, I should've consulted rulebook beforehand.
>>
>>49256600
I remember getting all five Praetors for $20 maybe four years ago. I definitely miss that.
>>
Is the Shadowborn Demon deck viable, a cousin of mine let me rummage through his collection, found that he had a ton of them and he said I could take his 23 Shadowborn Apostles. So With those and my 8 I have 31 Shadowborn Apostles.

How can I best abuse these guys? I heard that Atheros, God of Passage is a deck but does it actually work? What do your guys think?
>>
>>49256621
The "one for one for removal is bad in commander" meme like mana dorks
>>
>>49256532
I feel like you'd have to be real good at shit-talking and being a fucking weasel in order to pilot Gahiji well, and sadly I don't think I'd be up to the task
>>
>>49256673
Are there even any good Demon targets for it?
>>
>>49256674
For a long time I was the only White mage in our playgroup. No one carried instant speed artifact/enchantment removal in their decks cause they always assumed I would deal with it. Thankfully, that's changed.

God I wish Krosan Grip was White
>>
File: Commanders.jpg (255KB, 1134x718px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.jpg
255KB, 1134x718px
Testing Marchesa tomorrow for the first time.
JW and me are the best players in the group but the others are getting better.
>>
>>49256779
Report back on your marchesa deck. I'm hearing mostly positive things about her as a commander. Sort of a weird pillowfort with occasional hard hits it sounds like.
>>
File: 13.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
I've never played black outside of a five color deck, but I'm considering jumping ship from inktreader to witch-maw. So for black, I was gonna make granny sengir in an almost solely -x/-x and killspell deck. My only win conditions will be dingus staff or eternal thirst. I don't expect to win, but have any of you ever constructed a killspell only deck, and if so, was it fun?
>>
>>49256526
you really can't think that's the only reason why people want to ban sol ring

card is so busted
>>
>>49256837
if you like mono u control then you'll probably like mono b control

they play almost exactly the same except B has cabal coffers
>>
>>49256837
First of all, Toshiro is a million times better for that sort of thing and second, yes. The deck will most likely be Voltron lite with every instant speed kill spell ever but you'll have a blast.
>>
File: 20160903_175535.jpg (98KB, 254x360px) Image search: [Google]
20160903_175535.jpg
98KB, 254x360px
>>49256862
I know full well why people want to ban Sol ring. I'm just having fun laughing at the people complaining until it finally is.

It will be pretty interesting if it does get banned. Other unique mana rocks may see a slight jump in price. I expect some decks to be ever so slightly slower too of course.

Pic sort of not related?
>>
>>49256673
A friend made this one, its okish. There aren't any really good demons to sacrifice for as they are mostly just big beaters so its not that useful. You'll find you just tutor the same big bombs every game. The only interesting mechanic is the Aetheros "give up 3 life or give me my shit" trigger which goes off 6 times per offering. The problem is that the deck is clunky, once you have 6-8 of them either on the field or in your hand they can become serious dead draws.

But get things like black market or the cleric that makes them free, Aetheros, and someone with low life and you can easily drop an insane amount of demons, but then your left with just demons.
>>
>>49256837
My friend has a deck like this built around Ob Nixilis, Unshackled. It kills shit and makes Ob fucking huge. Not particularly enjoyable to play against, but that's partly on me because I usually don't run a ton of creatures in my decks. I have started packing more counters/protection since he built it though
>>
>>49256903
Now THAT is some nice EDH bait, this set seems to have a lot of them. I'm liking it!
>>
>>49256673
A friend runs that same setup in our group, Athreos with Demons and Grave Pact etc. It's tremendously boring to play against.
>>
>>49256539
Depends on the player to be honest.
In my experience, most combo/control players are the biggest babies and stax players have been pretty fun, even if their deck is powerful enough to be infuriating.
There's a big amount of babies in snowflakes, as they complain for every good/expensive card played and are "muh imagination" in general.
>>49256674
Well, mana dorks are good in a certain meta. Creature wipes are really common in my meta, artifact/enchantment ones not so. Even MLD is more common, so it's mostly the sausage mana that's most relevant.
That said, I run a piece or two removal for every permanent type in every deck.
/blog
>>
>>49256903
This and the banharmonic whachimahuchima are going to be the only artifacts in my omnath deck. This sets artifacts are just that good.
>>
>>49257129
i jokingly refer to every card i dont like as "pay2win" and my group gets genuinely upset when i do it

they also get upset when i LITERALLY focus them down (when i'm playing xenagos and i can LITERALLY one-shot players)
>>
>>49256539
>one example
>could it be that stax players are annoying babies???????

To be honest, since I had a taste of stax, I can only theorycraft grindy, oppressive lists.

Just watching the rest of the table struggle and squirm while smokestack gains more and more soot counters... it's the best. I especially love meekstone, and winter orb.

It really pushes the rest of the decks on the table to their limits! Topdecking for a single land.
>>
File: staxdecks.jpg (29KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
staxdecks.jpg
29KB, 300x296px
>>49257193
Feeling good when you win is one thing, feeling good watching other people struggle is another.
>>
>>49257193
>>49257227
The best feeling is ticking the Stack up to something absurd like 3-4
>>
>>49257193
>>49257227
i don't mind stax decks when the player playing them is a non-retard

expection:
>haha i have constructed a perfect board state for my next strategy, time to unleash the stax. now i only need to play these 2 cards and i have a wincondition. the game will end at turn 6

reality:
>oh shit oh shit what the fuck am i even doing, my derevi has been song of the dryadsed and i cant do shit??? oh fuck i have nothing except a wall and this one guy is focusing me down, i better play winter orb and hope that somehow things will go well
>>
File: staxgasm.png (107KB, 291x287px) Image search: [Google]
staxgasm.png
107KB, 291x287px
>>49257243
If it's the last thing I do, I'm going to get that thing's soot counters into the double digits

And is the ftv foil better? Or the original?

>>49257282
You'd be surprised how many people scoop before the worst even comes.
>>
File: EDHBlueStuffBestStuff.png (466KB, 714x367px) Image search: [Google]
EDHBlueStuffBestStuff.png
466KB, 714x367px
So for the past few years I've been a part of a college game group. I don't play any format other then Commander save for a draft here and there so I mostly singles shop for what I want.

I started playing when our LGS had a deal where you paid $8 and got 100 commons from their card boxes, 30 uncommons, and 5 dollar rares. So friends went with me and we all pulled out jank, they already had decks so they just got random junk but I found Talrand in the rare section and just dug for cantrips and counterspells at a friends suggestion. It was fun and over the years I have added cards I find interesting here and there. Got the commander Teferi box and continued to fiddle around and then finally Thassa and started to experiment.

What I ended up with was a collection of 200ish blue cards that I can make all three of my decks from relatively easily as they all share parts from each other. Sure I just play blue but the three decks are diverse and fun. But I'm pretty much satisfied with these, I'm not interested in any more generals for blue or their strategies.

I want to try to accomplish this again, but with another color for something new. I don't want to go multicolor as I don't care for spending $50+ for lands just to make it move smoother and all that shit, fuck that I want to buy cool creatures and spells with that money... actual fun stuff. I'm just looking for another color that can share parts and still make a variety of styles, like 3 decks with different themes and strategies so its not all the same.

However I don't know which color is best for this new endeavor. Make a case for why any of the other mono colors would be fun to get into.
>>
>>49257510
Go RG. Yes it's two color, but you don't need anything but basic lands with all the ramp cards. You can build a fun Ruric Thar with mostly penny rares.
>>
>>49257510
best choices are probably black and green

with green you can just have your general ramp spells and switch out the rest of the deck for hydras/beasts/elves/whatever other theme you want to do at lower cost since there is lots of low costing good green stuff out there
>>
>>49257510
I was going to suggest black but I think >>49257665 has the right idea. Mono-green can also work well on a budget but personally I find the two major strategies it has to be rather dull. White and red requires some rather expensive artifacts to compete with the other colours, although red less so.
>>
>>49257665
>>49257706
not him what does a ruric deck actually want in terms of cards? just goodstuff with a creature focus? i have another RG deck and i'm wondering if i can switch some of the cards and turn it into a ruric deck
>>
>>49257706
I'm not worried about getting expensive equipment's, so long as they are cool to play.

>>49257684
That could be a cool idea with the green...

>>49257665
Your not the first person to suggest Thar, the problem is that then the deck is just Thar aggro, if I wanted to expand I could maybe do Xenegos but the diversity isn't there for grul... at least in my eyes.
>>
>>49257781
Imo, Thar is most _fun_ as _stax_.
>>
>>49257752
Basically yeah. He's also got an anti-blue/spellslinger vibe so you can run stuff like Heartwood Storyteller, Grafted Exoskeleton, Spellbreaker Behemoth, and Dosan the Falling Leaf and the like.
>>49257781
Black can get very pricey when looking at staples, so Green is probably what you want. It can also get pricey, but it doesn't need the expensive stuff as much.
>>
File: Decklist.png (3MB, 3194x1096px) Image search: [Google]
Decklist.png
3MB, 3194x1096px
>>49254220
NuOdric was me being bored while ordering cards for other decks and seeing what I had lying around and making a shit deck that probably has about 10 cards I'd actually keep for it excluding lands. I'll post a decklist later and see how much it is all together
>>
>>49257181
I have a few friends that call mtg p2w unironically, because they were salty for not winning a competitive deck with intro decks they had.
While I realize why they think that, I can't grasp that how they're gonna have a good deck forever just by buying an intro deck in a most popular and competitive card game ever (excluding poker and it's variants).
Besides, every game in existence is pay to win by their logic, since you have to pay to evem play the game, as in buying the goddamn uno cards.
>>
>>49257966
mtg is pay2win though

if you pay for a card and it helps you win, it's a pay2win card and a pay2win game

the only card that isn't pay2win is Demonic Pact, fact
>>
what are some of the most fun spells to add to a Mizzix deck

here's what I'm working from
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mizzix-and-unlimited-powah/
>>
File: cloudblazer.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
cloudblazer.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
New Brago toy and Pauper EDH commander
>>
File: 1350096357187.jpg (10KB, 306x250px) Image search: [Google]
1350096357187.jpg
10KB, 306x250px
>keeping a t2 Meddling Mage naming Leovald alive the entire game
>survived 2 boardwipes and 3 attempts of boardwiping
>beat the man to death with Roon
>>
>>49258026
Betty gud for an uncommon. If it had flash it would be mythic.
>>
>it's a "pillow fort player is so irrelevant that no one bothers to attack him" episode
>it's a "the 2 other retards in the game are suicide aggroing each other and me" episode
>it's a "pillow fort player calls gg and wins after hitting me for 6 when i'm done putting down the other 2 retards"
>>
>>49258063
Sounds like the pillow fort player knows how to win in your meta.
>>
>>49257510
Well, if your looking at other colors I would consider finding generals that have themes with each other.

I'm sure your 3 blue decks all have counters and draw for the most part, since those are blue's specialty. So look at other colors and find the mechanics that can make them shift around.

The ideas I can think of:

Green has ramp all over it
Omnath: ramp with mana dorks into huge creatures and monsters like Hydra's and such
Ezuri, Renegade Leader: Since you are ramping with mana dorks, make them elves and switch the monsters with elves for tribal elves
Nemata, Grove Guardian: Saprolings are fun as shit, I have a friend that plays them and they are cool to watch go off
So you have Ramp into stompy, into elf tribal, and into token swarm.

Black does dying triggers and graveyard shenanigans
Geth, Lord of the Vault: His "black mill into good stuff" is fun as he can go steal people's cool shit, leads to interesting games
Endrek Sahr/Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker: for a fun sacrifice control theme. I like Shirei more due to the unique nature of 1/1s but both are great.
Toshiro Umezawa: A fun spell slinging goodstuffs deck, about profiting from YOUR graveyard over your opponents
So you have decks that interact with your graveyard, your opponents graveyard, and sacrifice all sharing the same tutors and black tool kits, but in different directions

Red is easy, goblins have three main strategies that mostly share the same cards
Krenko, Mob Boss: Goblin Tribal token swarm and aggro
Purphoros: Goblin token board wide burn, with an emphasis on defending as you spawn more creatures
Zada, Hedron Grinder: use goblins and tokens to form combo chains, massive draws and huge power plays. I personally own this one and its become one of my favorites, it has like 4-5 different combos that can win the game and directions it can go.
All three red decks use goblins, share a large amount of staples and have entirely different approaches.

White is coming, stupid word limit
>>
File: pillowfort player t27.jpg (183KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
pillowfort player t27.jpg
183KB, 1080x720px
>>49258063
He's not irrelevant if he's winning, now is he?
>>
>>49258206
>>49258141
it's just frustrating to see people ignore a player completely because ooga booga he has no sharp rocks or sticks on his side of the table
>>
Opinions needed.

I'm making a Teysa deck that's going to be pure Voltron.

What are some staples that should go into it?
>>
>>49258242
Not taysa
>>
>>49258235
Pillowforting is a legitimate strategy. If it bothers you, maybe try to... oh I don't know. .. attack him first?

Maybe the other two retards at the table will realize that something is up if the pillowforter happens to win each game

>>49258242
Eldrazi conscription
>>
File: EDH Map.jpg (3MB, 4160x2600px) Image search: [Google]
EDH Map.jpg
3MB, 4160x2600px
>>
>>49258026
No Evoke, but still acceptable. I like.
>>
>>49257510
White can be built around artifact equipment's, you probably already own a number for your Thassa voltron

Kemba, Kha Regent: Equiptments turn into cat tokens, a fun white deck based on cat and equiptment synergy
Isamaru, Hound of Konda: A very intense voltron deck, all about coming out of the gate fast and hard.
Eight-and-a-Half-Tails: A more control and protection themed White goodstuffs that can easily turn into a voltron deck able to protect its own equipment and become unblockable.
All three use equiptment but have different tempos

All of these could be nice ideas to explore.
Just know though that in terms of ease Blue is the best because of card advantage, then black, then green, then red, then white. The lower down that scale the harder getting good sources of drawing and other shit so you will need to keep that in mind.

Hope this helps.
>>
File: wydwen-the-biting-gale-cropped.jpg (142KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
wydwen-the-biting-gale-cropped.jpg
142KB, 464x664px
>>49258263
It's either her or this one.

which is better?
>>
>>49256903
This could be fun with Bottled Cloister. Stack the triggers so you draw 3, then return your exiled hand to your hand, draw another, then draw for turn. 4 extra draws per turn seems good, even though it's a hefty price with not having a hand during each other players turn.
>>
File: timmy battlecruiser.jpg (30KB, 344x267px) Image search: [Google]
timmy battlecruiser.jpg
30KB, 344x267px
I'm planning on making a comprehensive image of the different kinds of EDH players/playstyles

Does anyone have any contributions?
For example,

Pic related would be
"Timmy battlecruiser"
>>
>>49258242
Use Karlov if you want WB voltron. Big Teysa is terrible for voltron. She's 7 mana and only a 4/4. Protection from creatures is nice, but she's designed to be a finisher/blocker for pillow fort.
>>
>>49258288
How is melee in EDH? I have yet to draft Conspiracy 2 but it seemed pretty bad even though I was excited for the rest of the set.
>>
File: 50s-class-nerd-costume.jpg (435KB, 1750x2500px) Image search: [Google]
50s-class-nerd-costume.jpg
435KB, 1750x2500px
>>49258330
pic related would be any deck with blue in it
>>
>>49258306
Neither are amazing, but I think wydwen is a much better choice.

A 7 cmc voltron commander is a no go

Wydwen has evasion, flash, and protection
built in

>>49258349
Too broad, give me something narrower, like "mono blue control"
>>
File: 1463539076241.gif (997KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1463539076241.gif
997KB, 500x475px
Abzan Elf commander when?
>>
>>49254491
>Nemata
>Fucking Terrifying.

Is there like 0 wipes in your meta?
Nemata & Ezuri both kind of eat shit after 1 or 2 of them.
Most token decks do.
>>
Been out of the game a bit, but my wife wants a Cat-themed EDH deck to play along with some friends. We have settled on Krond the Dawn-Clad as a themed general in G/W (colors of most of the cats). Are there any overlooked gems that fit the theme? Thinking about building in Kemba + equipment + tokens subtheme to go along with general enchantment good stuff.

I have all the normal staples(sol ring, journeyer's kite, etc.) and manabase for her.
>>
File: 1461200759677.png (626KB, 1039x727px) Image search: [Google]
1461200759677.png
626KB, 1039x727px
what are the most "that guy" commanders?
>>
File: commanders.png (2MB, 1828x979px) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
2MB, 1828x979px
>>49254220
Still not sure how much combo vs. tribal I will put in my white deck.
>>
File: 88.jpg (104KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
104KB, 312x445px
>>49258434
>>
File: 200w.gif (570KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
570KB, 200x150px
>>49258330
Nekusar
>>
>>49254698
Be careful introducing infinites into your meta. Once the gate is open it will not be shut.

My Meta started off casual as shit.
Then I through my own ignorance built a Kiki Combo deck. And after that everydeck had infinites, stax, land destruction, and I realized that we are now competitive as shit. Though we have banned things like the Hermit Druid combo. It''s too late to go back to the good old days.
When everything was jank and fun.
Now one false move is insta death.
I have only myself to blame.
>>
File: kemba tokens.jpg (88KB, 1080x1029px) Image search: [Google]
kemba tokens.jpg
88KB, 1080x1029px
>>49258421
Honestly I'm surprised you didn't go for kemba, kha regent.
Incredibly strong deck, easy to build, and pretty hard to deal with due to kemba being a diverse opponent, sometimes winning with voltron, sometimes with tokens. Also, a new player should start mono color, it really helps give a better understanding of color identities.

Every girlfriend /wife chooses to start cat tribal, mine included ! I wonder why

>>49258434
Derevi, easy
>>
File: 1403105488836.jpg (84KB, 435x326px) Image search: [Google]
1403105488836.jpg
84KB, 435x326px
>>49258434
>That guy who's house rule allows Nephilim to be commanders
>>
>>49258434
Kaalia.

just one of those commanders that need to be answered immediately or they hit value town.
>>
File: pillowfort.jpg (254KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
pillowfort.jpg
254KB, 1600x1067px
>>49258434
>>49258477
Lets GOOOOOOO

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-the-lazy-dick/
>>
>>49258342
Underwhelming.
It's probably the best mechanic Boros tokens can have. But, It's still Boros and weak as hell.
If you have no delusions about winning it's fine.
But like all Boros decks in EDH you have a hard time keeping up late game.
>>
>>49258330
Doomguy is 2fast for battlecruiser
>>
>>49258434
My LGS is full of that guys save for one.
>Mizzix player who will bitch at you if you so much point at his general
>3 Mono Green Omnaths
>Kaalia
>Narset
>Zur
>>
>>49258540
Kaalia decks are funny as fuck to play against. You see this guy who spent 56 bucks on a waifu, and as long as you fuck her up immediately as she hits the table, the kaalia player sits there with massive creatures in hand she can do NOTHING with until she hits 6 mana, then 8. By that time she has accepted her fate of hard casting the demons/angels/dragons

>>49258572
Give me a better image for battlecruiser then, I'll move doomguy to suicide aggro
>>
>>49255921
I play oloro with shit ton of life gain. Gonna be fun after a beacon of immortality
>>
File: 1426090917418.gif (2MB, 234x300px) Image search: [Google]
1426090917418.gif
2MB, 234x300px
>>49258434
>Oona
>Friend tries playing it off like it isn;t a gay deck
>Turn 1 drops an Imperial Seal
>mfw

The only good thing was that I ended up playing Massacre wurm when he had like 60 fairies in play and lost because of it.
>>
File: 1400638346696.jpg (66KB, 250x322px) Image search: [Google]
1400638346696.jpg
66KB, 250x322px
My LGS meta has 2 Narsets, 1 Karador, 1 Zur, 2 Prosh, 1 Jelava, 1 Oloro, 1 Derevi, 1 Nekusar and 1 Queen Marchesa me

Oh they also only want to play 1v1 or two headed giant. No, they don't use the french banlist.
>>
>>49258049
Youre a hero.
>>
File: 1455246046067.png (43KB, 240x311px) Image search: [Google]
1455246046067.png
43KB, 240x311px
>>49258610
This.

>mfw someone lays down Kaalia when I'm running everymonoblackever.dec
>>
>>49258540
We have a Kaalia player in our meta. I don't think he has won a single game with her.
Once people see the one shot with her and Master of Cruelties happen to one player. The group kind of silently agrees that Kaalia doesn't ever get to attack again.
Leaving him stranded with overpriced shit in his grip that no one cares about.
After about 1 or two deaths Kaalia isn't worth casting anymore as you can just cast the shit from your hand.
Without Kaalia the deck is incredibly slow.

That's the problem with EDH decks that require the general to function.

It's why I try to make sure my deck still does what it wants to do even without the general. The general should simply make the strategy better. Not be the entire strategy

.>>49258434
Scion of the Ur-Dragon
Teferi, Temporal Archmage
>>
File: roon.jpg (244KB, 1308x2048px) Image search: [Google]
roon.jpg
244KB, 1308x2048px
>>49258674
Seriously, every game.
I almost feel bad

>>49258049
This picture is for you
>>
Better blink commander.
Brago or Roon?

Brago seems better at what he does. But Roon has access to what is unarguably the biggest toolbox color in EDH which is green?

So does the access Roon have to green trump the effectiveness of Brago or vice-verse?
>>
>>49258787
Roon, because he has acres to grecraterhoof behemoth
>>
>>49258805
****access to
>>
File: kanji_dawa.png (766KB, 739x707px) Image search: [Google]
kanji_dawa.png
766KB, 739x707px
>>49255921
Were lifegain decks not cancerous enough already? Now they're just rewarding players even further for doing nothing but durdle all game?

Turn 1 land sol ring, turn 2 land and cast this shit. You already start at 40 life and its honestly not too difficult at that point to reach over 50.

I get that its just an artifact, and that you can easily just remove it or prevent the damage, but come the fuck on. Why are they encouraging the "I'm going to do nothing all game and still win" playstyle?
>>
Is Kolaghan tribal any good? I've played Karrthus, who was really fun, but it painted a target on my head AND lost easily to clone effects. Then I tried Atarka tribal and as fun as it was when it played right, it wasn't reliable. I think black would definitely give me the better option of card advantage.
>>
>>49258866
run infect then, bitch nigga
>>
>>49258242
Not a 7 drop commander for starters. Too much for the majority of decks, let alone voltron. If you insist on WB, go with Karlov. Cheap as hell to cast and beefs himself up the more life you gain.
>>
>>49258434
Oloro
Prossh
Purphoros
Teferi
>>
I'm kind of interested in Talrand. Is it interesting to run him creatureless? Is he just a deck that spams counters because it falls apart if Talrand or the tokens get wiped?
>>
>>49254757
So what happens is you LOOK at the top then cards and may choose UP to two creatures and exile them.

You then shuffle your library.

The opponent of your choice MAY choose one of the exiled cards to put into their battlefield.

Any number of the exiled creatures either being one, two or none you MAY now place onto the battlefield.
>>
>>49258897
Right, silly me. It's totally feasible to stack 20 poison counters on someone before they gain 11 life.
>>
>>49258645
>the french banlist
Does anyone? Shit's gay.
>>
>>49258877
No.
Just add more defensive cards to Karrthus.

>>49259048
Talrand is just pure counterspam faggotry.
You can play him differently. But if you do you are just going to regret it. Because like most token strategies, wipes break him.
>>
File: 1457932929539.jpg (18KB, 510x382px) Image search: [Google]
1457932929539.jpg
18KB, 510x382px
>>49259063
>20 poison counters
>>
File: 1343415399040.jpg (33KB, 368x348px) Image search: [Google]
1343415399040.jpg
33KB, 368x348px
>>49259063
>20 poison counters
>>
>>49259063
20?
It's still ten in EDH nigger.
>>
>>49258645
>sol ring is banned in duel commander
as long as this is the case no one will ever give a shit about it
>>
>>49259091
>>49259099
>>49259105
Fuck, forgot to mention that my playgroup house ruled poison counters to 20.

They claim "It was already an unfair mechanic to begin with. If your life total is doubled in EDH, then the lethal number of poison counters should be doubled too."
>>
>>49259139
Then you should probably find a different playgroup.
>>
>>49258645
>>49259074
>>49259116

Legitimate question.
Does ANYONE use the french/duel banlist?
I've played countless 1v1 EDH games and NEVER once used the dumbass french shit rules.
>>
>>49259139

Push it back to 10 or 15 then. Infect is at a serious disadvantage with 20.
>>
>>49259089
Other than Gruul Charm and Homeward Path how would you get around Clones?
>>
>>49259157
Same. From what I understand pretty much everyone considers it a joke
>>
>>49259089

Unfortunate, but about what I expected of Talrand.
>>
>>49259139
Then fuck your playgroup.
20 is asking WAY too fucking much from infect.
Most of those creatures are overcosted and underpowered.

I can understand raising the poison count. But doubling it is fucking silly and completely ignores the cards and looks solely at the double life.

Sorry about you fucking awful playgroup. They sound like whiny bitches.

You do to though. I mean you are crying about lifegain. the weakest strategy in all of magic getting something to make it a viable strategy. So... Your playgroup seems like you guys are perfect for each other.

>>49259147
Agreed.
>>
>>49259178
Do you mean clones or "control magic effects"
Because homeward path doesn't do shit about clones.
And a simply killing the clone should suffice.

But you know what really fucks over control magic? sac outlets.
They cast a control magic and you sac the creature in response. Sure your creature dies but fuck them they don't get to beat you with it either.
And Karrthus has access to black & green the two best reanimation colors.
>>
>>49259247
Cloning Karrthus loses all your shit. That's the main issue I have always had with the deck.
>>
>>49259147
Problem is, they're all good friends of mine, so there's the whole social aspect of it. But honestly all but one of them is pretty bad at the game. No threat assessment whatsoever, excessive politics and they'd rather bitch and complain than adapt their strategy in any way. Anything like infinite combos, one shots or infect/commander damage and they're whining in quick succession.

More or less the "I should be able to play what I want, when I want with no interference" attitude.

>>49259163
Tried pleading that case many times. Originally I went out and bought Skithiryx for my Mimeoplasm deck, thinking it could be a nice backup win con if I cant throw anything else in my yard. Used it and won maybe 2 or 3 games before they said the rule had to be changed to make it fair.
>>
File: 1461203599121.png (334KB, 551x550px) Image search: [Google]
1461203599121.png
334KB, 551x550px
>>49259278
Then it sounds like you need to tell them to play by the rules and quit manipulating them for their benefit.

Or you could just quit playing with highschoolers.
>>
>>49259277
Then sac Karrthus with the clone on the stack. Since clones are etb triggers and not cast triggers. Karrthus will not be a legal target on resolution.
Goblin Bombardment, High Market, Black Market, Fling, Alter's Reap, Viscera Seer are all your best buds.
Give yourself 5 - 7 sac outlets and never worry about clones or control magic taking your shit again.
>>
>>49259202
Nigger did I say it was strong or broken? I hate lifegain decks because the majority of them spend 95% of the game doing diddily shit. They either get chipped away because they aren't doing anything proactive, or stall long enough to combo off in a single turn. Am i supposed to be impressed or something?

tldr I cant stand that style of play because its too passive.
>>
File: 1465419960511.png (958KB, 1000x731px) Image search: [Google]
1465419960511.png
958KB, 1000x731px
What unconventional tactics do you guys use in EDH? Here's some of mine:

>The Mark of Death
for this move, i call out a player as a target in the beginning of the game. i then use all my creatures and spells to kill that player. this is helpful because i will be less likely to interrupted by the other players since they know i wont come after them

>The Rhystic Study Fuckaroo
this move has made rhystic study quite weak in my meta. whenever someone plays it and asks if i want to pay mana for my spell, i refuse but then i refuse to let him draw a card either. if he tries to do it anyway, i consider that person not my friend anymore and delete him from my xfire friends list as soon as i can. rhystic study becomes quite weak when you ignore its effects (although the same could be said about many other spells in mtg)

>Memento Mori
this move is especially powerful against higher tier decks. if the game looks extremely bad and one of my opponents is way and beyond others, this move will come in handy. what i do is i stand up and physically move over to the winning player and remove his life points from whatever device he's using to track them. it doesn't matter how many life points they have since you can always set them to 0, taking them out of the game. this tactic is a bit controversial in my group since it's not fun to play against, but it does add a certain political metagame of who is going to do it first, since that person is then going to be exposed to another player performing Memento Mori on him

what tactics do you guys use in EDH?
>>
>>49259362
The point of the game isn't to "impress" you.
>>
File: 1443796190587.jpg (282KB, 470x1229px) Image search: [Google]
1443796190587.jpg
282KB, 470x1229px
>>49259374
(You)
>>
>>49259378
In any event, thats most likely just my bad playgroup experiences talking. Anytime I go to my LGS, lifegain decks never strike me as anything special. Commander damage can deal with it quite well, and a few cards like Tainted Remedy, Erebos, Leyline of Punishment and Havoc Festival can punish it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1644x932px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1644x932px
My decks. I really need to focus on one really good instead of making a bunch of worse decks.
>>
>>49259362
That is literally your groups same argument for Infect though... I don't like it. Change it.

>>49259278
>excessive politics
No such thing. Politics ARE the biggest strategy to EDH. Your deck is actually secondary to your politics and bargaining skills.
Making more strategical and more war like than any other format.
It's like the US making treaties and shit. It's a HUGE part of EDH. There is no such thing a excessive politics in EDH. You just must not be skilled at it.

Also Infinite Combos is completely different that One Shotting or Infect though.
An Infinite Combo could drag the game to halt while everyone sits around with their thumbs up their asses waiting on one asshole to combo off. Infinite Combos and tutoring for them also causes a lot of games to be dull because your deck is playing out the same way everytime.

One Shotting and Infect should be welcome as they don't leave players sitting around forever. In fact it keeps the pace moving so no one is sitting out too long waiting for the next game. Or sitting there watching someone combo off.

Your friends need to be explained these things.
>>
File: Cr6yzCjUkAA4c9h.png large.png (130KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Cr6yzCjUkAA4c9h.png large.png
130KB, 223x311px
Hey guys, lets give brago a better mulldrifter!
>>
File: 1473062202460.png (124KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1473062202460.png
124KB, 5000x5000px
>>49259374
(You)
>>
>>49259530
>Better Mulldrifter
>No Evoke Cost
kek

It's a good card but it's the same CMC as Mulldrifter and not as versatile if you need card draw before you can cast it at full price.
I'm not knocking it. It will be a Brago staple. I'm just not gonna say it's better than Mully D yet.
>>
So Kaladesh has R/W, U/B, and G/U Legendaries. Odds of the other two being R/U and B/G?
>>
File: Gonti.jpg (266KB, 1200x905px) Image search: [Google]
Gonti.jpg
266KB, 1200x905px
Whats the general opinion on the Kaladesh legendaries so far? I personally like Gonti but I dont see much commander potential from him, deck addition at best.

Also anyone know of a good MTG store in NYC? Just got a job in the city
>>
>>49259564
Eh, you can't evoke it but Divination is not a very strong mode, just fine when you need some quick value. Cloudblazer perma costs 5 but it's a huge swing, though a lot less in Commander than 60 card 20 life constructed.
>>
>>49259530
>>49259564
It's also two color where as Mulldrifter is monocolored.
the 2 life doesn't negate Mulldrifters evoke or mono color.
>>
>>49259591
I want Gonti for Meren. I think he'd be an okayish reanimator deck but I dunno how the official rulings work for Gonti yet. Can you play the card when it's in the grave or just when it's out on the field?
>>
>>49259374
I use pretty much all of these.

I also use another called
>Hail Mary, the lord is with thee
If a player is going to win the game and nobody has an answer any player may pay half his or her life total rounded up to invoke a hail Mary. The player draws 7 additional cards and can use those to answer the threat. Mana costs are reduced by 2 generic and 2 colored mana of your choice. You may also cast sorcery spells at instant speed. But watch out, someone who calls a hall Mary is usually targeted and has to call it again if they are about to lose.
>>
>>49259591
Gonti is probably fine in the 99 maybe but definitely not worth being a Commander. Rashmi is basically a jacked up Jori En in better colors for 1 more mana (and still a reasonable price at 4) and Jori En is a fine commander so. Kambal is good in commander, don't know if he's best as commander or in the 99. Pia is a standard card not meant for commander.
>>
File: Gonti 2.jpg (35KB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gonti 2.jpg
35KB, 286x400px
>>49259621
Hits the field from as far as I understand it. Reanimator is probably the best where he could be played as a commander but in a UB or BW deck with alot of bounces would be the best place to maximize his potential IMO.
>>
>>49259591
I think all of them are good EDH Generals so far except for Pia.
I'm sure I'm missing something about Pia. Because I wrote off Pia & Kieran back when and they turned out to be an okay commander. Not good but far better than I evaluated them to be. So I'm sure Pia can do something I'm not putting together in my head as well.

But so far all but Pia seem like fun new Generals to fuck around with.
And all 3 PWs seem fucking busted.
I might be overrating Chandra. But I KNOW Sahli and Nissa are good as fuck for sure.
Nissa can Ult the second turn she is out. Landfall draw seems good too.
>>
>>49259489
What's the Isamaru build?
>>
>>49259643
Gotta agree with you on Rashimi, definitely easier colors to work with for whats possible. Also kinda pissed at Depala. Its like its nice that they're finally trying to bring back Dwarves in magic, but tying them to this shitty new vehicles stuff sucks ass.
>>
>>49259634
I am ded.

Reminds me of Jace, the Asshole.
>>
>>49259696
It was a $25 budget artifact voltron until someone gave me their swords of value and protection. Right now its kind of in limbo as artifact voltron, but im thinking of making it into semi-dog tribal, semi voltron. Or maybe stax if Im feeling nasty.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/isamaru-test/
>>
>>49259634
Hahaha this is pretty funny. I'd use this rule.
>>
>>49259704
Oh, I forgot Depala. She's clearly intended for Commander but they forgot that there actually isn't shit for Dwarves and unless like every single Dwarf and Vehicle on Kaladesh was good it'll still probably not be enough to fill out a commander deck, and she doesn't reward you for playing bad cards like she would have to to make her work. even so she is fun to build around i'm sure even if she won't be as good as she could have been made even with such a weak pair of tribes she supports.
>>
File: nfgnfgn.jpg (96KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
nfgnfgn.jpg
96KB, 600x527px
>>49259634
That sounds like it would make a good planeschase card in some form actually.
>>
>>49258288
What's with everyone building Nebuchadnezzar these days? Is he the spicy new Shu Yun?
>>
>>49259890
He had a badass name obviously
>>
>>49259785
Yeah, if I had to take a guess, theres probably gonna be a couple more dwarves among the commons and uncommons followed by more in Ather Revolt and possibly the next block to drive the selling point even more. Kinda like how they brought back eldrazi even though most were crap
>>
>>49259890
Badass name and also a good commander if you know what you're going up against, especially if your magic scene is very small and you remember what everyone plays.
>>
>>49259890
The name and the art.
>>
>>49259898
>>49259936
>>49259969
>Badass name
For some reason I can't find names in the bible badass. Still, I guess he's pretty cool if you're familiar with the other player's decks.
What I like the most about him, is that he can hit lands too.
>>
>>49260037
Even if you aren't familiar. If you pay enough they reveal their entire hand and you can get then the next time. Also like you said, he does hit lands. Something most hand disruption does not allow.
>>
>>49260102
I can't really decide, I like him, but I think I like Crosis more, even though he can't hit lands, unless you're playing that one banned card
>>
File: 1471359883809.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471359883809.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>49259374
>>49259634
remind me never to play with either of you
>>
>>49259591
>Also anyone know of a good MTG store in NYC?

Montasy is overpriced and full of sticklers, don't give them your time, let alone your money. The Complete Strategist is good for buying, but not so much for playing anything. The Uncommons isn't really a MTG store as it is a game shop, but they do weekly EDH tournaments.

If you're fine heading into Queens and Brooklyn Twenty-Sided Store and The Geekery are good too. There's probably some good places in Long Island too but who cares about Long Island?
>>
>>49260434
What's the matter anon? Don't like fun games of Magic?
>>
File: themagnif6.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
themagnif6.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>49254220
my commanders for my local playgroup.. pretty fun in multiplayer
>>
>>49260548
>I will ignore this card that you played effects but if he uses those effects I will hate on him for the rest of the game
>fun

I don't even play blue in the majority of my decks (I've got a strong G/W/B spread going in all but an artifacts deck, Skeleton Ship, and a five-color deck) but ruletext is ruletext. Suck it up and deal with his card advantage
>>
>>49260522
I checked out the Uncommons and yeah its basically that. The Complete strategist is more of a shop if i wanted to get older cards though?
>>
>>49260585
>Ezuri alter
that's no elf.
>>
>>49260653
it's bait and/or a joke
>>
>>49259374
>Scapegoat: the Blaming
When a player is doing exceptionally well with their landbase and/or are doing disgustingly degenerate things like taking extra turns and intentionally slowing the game, everyone begins to blame them for everything and swarm them. Easy tactic against the autistic Ezuri player
>Canada Mode
If you want to screw over someone, but it affects everyone, you have to say "sorry" to the person you're not intending to hurt or you'll be their next target. Cumulative Sorry upkeep.
>"Should I X, or should I be a dick?"
A bit self explanatory.
>Archenemy: Narset/Derevi/other degenerate Commander edition
Also self-explanatory
>>
>>49257706
>White and red requires some rather expensive artifacts to compete with the other colours
tell that to zada
>>
File: 1472334468266.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1472334468266.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>49261234
>>Canada Mode
>>
>>49261234
Canada Mode is excellent
>>
>>49261271
Zada completely falls apart to a well-timed Fog followed by a wipe. Really fun but really fragile.
>>
>>49254313
>specifically omitting infinite combos from commanders that have them
When will this meme die?
>>
File: 106.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
106.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>49261484
Good thing fogs can be stopped.
>>
>>49261539
Welp, I need that

Thanks dawg
>>
File: 148.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
148.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>49261564
Anytime.
>>
>>49254313
>Money cards
>Bragging deck
>No infinite combos
>It's fucking Ghave
Get a grip, why do you hate him so much? If you loved him, you'd let him be at his full pontential, nigger.
>>
Just out of curiosity, why IS Ghave so prone to infinite combos? What is it exactly about his design?
>>
File: 949.jpg (328KB, 1424x560px) Image search: [Google]
949.jpg
328KB, 1424x560px
>>
File: Image (57).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (57).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>49261599
>>49261539
hue
>>
>>49261711
>and played sleeveless

I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU NIGGER DON'T TEST ME
>>
So. When do stores get the Kaladesh boxes? Because I pre ordered some cards from the set off of Amazon but they sent me an email saying they've shipped and will arrive by the 20th. How is this possible? Doesn't the set come out at the end of the month?
>>
>>49254192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZXF9_zowA
>>
>>49261864

Would vary by store. Shipments are made so everyone has their allotted product in time. Stores just have to keep that stock in back or w/e until street date.
>>
>>49261860
No point in protecting 10 cent cards
>>
File: Image (13).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (13).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49255629
This card may interest you
>>
Who is the best "Surprise! You're dead!" commander?
>>
File: Doubling_Season.jpg (38KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Doubling_Season.jpg
38KB, 223x310px
>>49261699
He just has too many synergies. Tokens, counters, and sacrifice all tend to work well together.
>>
any red or colorless cards that say something like "at the beginning of your upkeep, deal damage to players/creatures"
>>
>>49262439
sulfuric vortex

gatherer is your friend
>>
File: Bruna_Light_of_Alabaster.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Bruna_Light_of_Alabaster.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49262207
Okay, maybe not the best, but most stylish.
>>
>>49262439
Havoc Festival is B/R and cuts their life total in half.
Sulfuric Vortex deals to on the upkeep.
Curse of the Pierced Heart does as well.
>>
>>49262439
Zo-Zu pains them for land drops.
Valukut the molten pinnacle bolts them every time you drop a mountain after 7
>>
>>49258434
Zur
Jhoira that fat cunt FUCK HER
>>
>>49258008
Cheap spells with additional payments and X spells go great with Mizzix. If you have too many fuckheug bombastic spells or permanents you'll end up with a dead hand at the beginning of every game.
You seem to have a ton of creatures for a spellslinging deck. I'd cut at least a few in favor of some cheap utility. Psychosis Crawler is odd here, I'd cut that first, in favor of some raw card draw. Something simple like Jace's Ingenuity, which is an underrated card.
You also have Pyromancer's goggles, but most of your spells are actually blue.
Greaves and boots are good, but consider some of the many one drop instant speed protection spells to protect your commander instead or additionally. Something like Essensce Flux and Turn Aside were printed very recently in the SOI block and I'm getting a lot of use out of them despite them being dirt cheap and not very flashy.
Oh, and then finally if you decide to take my advice and go nearly creatureless all sorts of fun new things open up, but most of all Incite Rebellion. This card is absolutely brutal against creature heavy decks. It's such a joy to have a one-sided board wipe. Speaking of which, Bonfire of The Damned.
>>
>>49262207
I'm currently the "Surprise! You're dead!" champion of my meta. All my decks revolve around durdling, than instantly winning in some ridiculous fashion. Here are some of my favorites:

>Maelstrom Wanderer
1v1, it's almost impossible to beat. Either you ramp out wanderer then shit value into an amazing boardstate, or waste your opponents removal while they prevent you from ramping, then drop wanderer and shit out an amazing boardstate.

>Brago
My current favorite. You sit back, durdle like a motherfucker, then blink everything and win the game. I run an artifact stax setup in mine, and it's pretty serious. Myr Battlesphere is amazing, and colourless ramp can be pretty strong.

>Ayli
While not as immediately obvious, she's both a value engine and a removal force. If you run enough life gain, you can exile anything for 1BW, and the entire game you can sac into value. With a reanimator/tutor package, you can win the game in one turn if you manage a wipe, followed by an elesh norn, or if you sac that new 1W spirit to let your creatures survive a board wipe.
>>
>>49258505
>Every girlfriend /wife chooses to start cat tribal, mine included ! I wonder why
Mine started with Prime Speaker Zegana with Prophet of Kruphix and Primeval Titan before we knew the banlist was a thing. Now she's all about Meren and the new Ezuri.

Send help.
>>
File: volrath.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
volrath.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>49262207
Volrath

>Oh, you let 6 through? I discard Draco and now you're dead
>>
>>49262632
>almost impossible to beat
laughingcombodecks.ini
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (469KB, 776x370px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
469KB, 776x370px
Whisperer or Captive? Mina&Denn Commander.
>>
>>49262716
Depends on what you ultimately want to do.
Do you consistently have the extra mana to flip Captive?
Do you consistently have ferocious available? Do you need the big beater of Captive's flip?
Lots of questions friend, lots of questions.
>>
Why don't I see more of Tragic Arrogance being played? It's a 5 CMC board state pruner, it can get around all forms of protection and it's fun to play politics as you pick and choose what gets sacrificed. It's also a pretty card.
>>
>>49262749
Would it be good to choose Captive over Whisperer, just to get Forgotten Ancient/Turntimber Basilisk/Azusa with Wild Pair, instead of nothing with Whisperer?
>>
>>49262771
I mean it's certainly something you could do.
Does your deck revolve around wild pair?
>>
>>49262708
>he thinks combo decks are good
Go on, what kind of combo deck do you run? Some dedicated creature hate and/or tutor restrictions would give me a bad time, but that's about it.
>>
>>49262798
Except the case of 7 5/5s, it doesn't resolve that much.
>>
Which is the lewdest G/U creature?
>>
>>49254491
Is K a qt femboi?
>>
Tempt with Discovery or Traverse the Ulwenvald? Which have you had better experiences with?
>>
>>49255625
I would, fuck having to pay absurd prices for some of the interesting cards.
>>
>>49262823
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir shits in Cascade's mouth, then does it again
>>
>>49262964
Gonna depend on your meta. If your playgroup's retarded and will give you piles of land, go for Tempt with Discovery. If not, the creature possibility will make Traverse better.
>>
>>49262925
Easily Zegana
She's a sexy fish lady
>>
New Selvala: Elfball or Monster mash? Something else?
>>
File: 1450950317314.jpg (58KB, 278x316px) Image search: [Google]
1450950317314.jpg
58KB, 278x316px
>>49254192

Who is this moisture maker?
>>
>>49263619
Elfball, she works exceedingly well with untap abilities and lords and other elf pumps.
>>
>>49263703

That's what I was thinking, too. I built her Elfball with Untap shit. I have Wirewood Symbiote, Umbral Mantle, and Sword of the Paruns. I need to dig up my Wirewood Lodge and maybe finally grab a staff of Domination. Anything else I'm missing that's infinite?

Also, I'm running hard on elf/druid dorks, so I'm at like 30 lands. Not sure if that's wise.
>>
my spin on stock teeg

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tricksy-hobbitses-2/
>>
>>49263770
Not infinite or anything but spicy trc is wirewood pride parade
>>
>>49263770
Just get the green fireball spells (Hurricane) and nuke down everyone else with your superior mana generation/life total
>>
>>49262607
thanks senpai
>>
>>49254192
Would sacrificing Defiant Bloodlord using Ayli's ability trigger Defiant Bloodlord, or does that not apply?
>>
>>49263979

I use Squall Line, actually.

>>49263852

Pride is cool, but I'm already running the the elf pumps anyway.
>>
File: reaction.png (65KB, 181x120px) Image search: [Google]
reaction.png
65KB, 181x120px
ABZAN ELVEN COMMANDER WHEN

I WANT TO PLAY (almost) ALL THE ELVES
>>
>>49264512
Abzan enchtantress commander when? I want to play all the constellation.
>>
>>49264512
>>49264607
C16
maybe one of the 4 color commanders will be a blue abzan elf
>>
>>49264645
You mean anti-red
>>
>>49259116
>>49259157
You people do realize that sol ring would obliterate a 1v1 matchup in singleton, right? This isn't vintage with all consistency and answers, this 100 cards, and an explosive start like that is the end of the game very often.

The french rules are excellent, for dual commander, which is all they are intended for.
>>
File: jOniFMJ.gif (961KB, 245x213px) Image search: [Google]
jOniFMJ.gif
961KB, 245x213px
>>49254192
>Want to get a Planechase deck for Commanderchase fun with friends
>The cheapest one is 80 dollars at my LGS
>The Plane cards aren't sold because it's not popular
>No Archenemy Schemes or decks are sold either
>Can't try out SUCC with friends until Archenemy 2: Bolas Boogaloo is out
>>
>>49264932
http://humpheh.com/magic/p/

Keep your phone or a tablet handy or shit just print them out
>>
>>49264995
Thanks
>>
Out of curiosity is Shu Yun actually any good, or was it just a meme to try and make him work?
>>
>>49265022
Np, someone in our group usually has a tablet around, we just fire it up, the site even has a planar chaos dice roller
>>
>>49265074
he's OK but some anon was giving shady advice earlier with lightning greaves/spectra ward for a voltron build since that would prevent you from targeting him with his own ability
>>
>>49265074
He's the absolute tits in 1v1. In a 4 player free for all he sucks, but that's true for any controlish deck that doesnt run stax.
>>
File: optimist.jpg (18KB, 310x296px) Image search: [Google]
optimist.jpg
18KB, 310x296px
>>49265340
kek.
That's actually pretty fucking funny.
I wonder if the Shu Yun player took the bait?
Did he?
>>
>>49265074
It's a meme. He is a shit tier general. If you are going to play Jeskai there is no reason to play him over Zedruu, Narset, Ruhan, or Numot. All of which are infinitely superior and do what you want to do in Jeskai FAR better than Shit Yun.
>>
What is the worst legendary to build a commander deck around and why is it Brothers Yamazaki
>>
>>49264512
Someone repost the laughing elf edit of this card
I know somebody has it
>>
>>49265952

Phage the Unplayable
>>
>>49266010
le commander beacon face
le torpor orb face
>>
File: 1472455722206.png (689KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472455722206.png
689KB, 1280x720px
>>49265952
Kolaghan is pretty fucking awful. It's Kolaghan or B. Yamazaki.

>>49266010
BULLSHIT.
There are nine million ways to play Phage nigger.
Command Beacon, Torpor Orb, Sundial of the Infinite, and company all want you to shut your lying slut mouth.
You sir an imaginationless HACK.
>>
>>49265908
Of course not. I'm not retarded

>>49265944
Y u mad tho
>>
>>49266069
Rick as a Commander when?
>>
>>49264777
Then play a real format or git gud
>>
>>49266010
>He doesn't know how to cheat cards
>He doesn't even know how to Phage

LOL NEWFAG
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Finally got my Shirei deck online. Shit is fun to play. Really wish I had more money for cards like Coffers. This will do for now.

Removed a few things last night. More funny to recur with Shirei than general reanimator.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/garden-of-weenies/
>>
>>49260585
What's your Vish Kal deck look like?
>>
File: 636069389618183117.jpg (36KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
636069389618183117.jpg
36KB, 223x311px
ordered this guy for my Kaalia today, is it overkill to use him and Imperial Recruiter?
>>
>>49266155
No, with a deck like Kaalia you need alot of tutors for specific creatures.
>>
File: Jiggly 42.gif (2MB, 417x417px) Image search: [Google]
Jiggly 42.gif
2MB, 417x417px
>>49266092
Malestrom Wanderer is basically Rick though.

Speaking of, I need to get him altered to a picture of Rick using his portal.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/test-ug-3/

Hey, a Rashmi deck
>>
>>49266182
Real shame she deleted all her mondo tit jiggle vids
>>
>>49266155
No.
But make sure your deck can still function without Kaalia.

Most Kaalia players don't do this and work on the assumption that Kaalia is going to be allowed to attack. And that is just not the case.

You need lot's of protection for her, plus some creatures that aren't overcosted. Other wise you are going to be stranded with a handful of shit you can't play for 4 fucking turns.
The Kaalia decks are often unplayable if she dies.
I haven't played her but one of the guys in our group does. And the first time he killed a player by cheating out Master of Cruelties he has literally never got to attack with her again. He even has protection but the players will work together to make her useless. i.e. some hits his greaves and some else kills the bitch.
And he has still yet to learn that we ain't letting her turn sideways. And he spends every game bitching about not being able to play because his hand is full of 6 and 7 mana angels and demons. And everyone else has 50 fucking creatures in play or 40 counterspells at the ready by the time he gets to hardcast those faggots.
So, make sure there is more to do than "hope" Kaalia gets to attack.

Take my advice. You need more interaction than you think. If you think you have enough, think again and add some more.
>>
NEW
>>49266458
>>49266458
>>49266458
>>49266458
>>49266458
>>
How likely do you think it is that Leovold gets banned? I feel like he'll get the hammer in French, but for normal edh I don't think he's anymore oppressive than Derevi or Narset.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.