[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is a more interesting character to interact with: a character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (87KB, 610x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 610x900px
Which is a more interesting character to interact with: a character that rejects all moral and religious principles and ultimately believes that action has no meaning, or a character that rejects all doctrines because they believe they hold back humanity from becoming a perfectly free and developing agents?
>>
>>49253895
They're both absolute shit desu senpai
>>
>>49253903
Mind offering criticism that's constructive or offering an alternative then?
>>
File: 1471402825568.png (19KB, 160x186px) Image search: [Google]
1471402825568.png
19KB, 160x186px
>>49253903
Seconding this. Both doctrines sound like pointless depressing Nihilism, and neither is really that fun or interesting to interact with.

If I HAD to choose one, I'd choose the second because there's at least some string of reasoning to it... but it still sounds really close to being "chaotic-evil randumb". The only way it possibly works is if the character has something resembling morals and a sense of right and wrong (even though morals don't match up with those of society) because otherwise the character is really hard to get invested in or care about. What happens when becoming a "free and developing agent" means killing everyone who disagrees with you and becoming a dictator-like entity? See the problem here?
>>
The second one, but honestly neither one is compelling. They both sound like a way to justify being an argumentative asshole. Clearly both of those viewpoints are going to be in conflict with the majority of other characters.
>>
>>49253895
>rejects all doctrines because they believe they hold back humanity from becoming a perfectly free and developing agents?
...But that's an ideology, valuing freedom and self-expression above everything else.
That's Red/Black.
>>
>>49253895
First one sounds like the kind of guy who shows up to a game and goes "my character refuses to go with the rest of the party"

Second one sounds like an excuse to do chaotic randumb bullshit

That said, the second one at least has potential to be interesting if you don't play like a complete dickhead.
>>
>>49253895
>hold back humanity from becoming a perfectly free and developing agents
I'm sorry, did you mean
>hold back humanity from developing into greater heights
Because then it'll be more like Adrian Veidt, and that's interesting.

But the original question was, what's more interesting - well, what if both characters exist in-setting, and they both become the BBEGs of the setting? They will think the other is an enemy because of differing philosophies (nihilism vs utilitarianism), and the party is stuck between these two ideological juggernauts (especially when other powerful people start flocking to either side).
>>
>>49253895
Depends on the person playing the characters and how well he portrays them.

Duh.
>>
Thanks all
This has helped
>>
File: get a load of this hee ho.jpg (51KB, 300x335px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this hee ho.jpg
51KB, 300x335px
>>49253895
The Neutral routes tended to best in SMT, to be honest.
>>
>>49253895
>Which is a more interesting character to interact with: an edgy nihilist or a hat tipping fedora?

>>49253903 nailed it already, consider suicide OP
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.