[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 40

File: 4r3tb8.jpg (1MB, 4524x3093px) Image search: [Google]
4r3tb8.jpg
1MB, 4524x3093px
Last Thread: >>49234683

Dat Sweet Fishman Ass Edition

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com
>>
>>49250074
Why aren't you using the actual OP?

Warhammer Fantasy General: Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

Link to last thread:

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
>>
>>49250118
>Why aren't you using the actual OP?

Because this ain't that?
>>
>>49250118
videogames are not /tg/

Now discuss what faction to mong next.
>>
>>49249858

It's essentially favoritism and people basically following the logic 'Hey, this guy was a good Emperor and they seemed to have raised their kid right.'
>>
>>49250074
So, I've got a question; How does Vampirism work on other races? We know that Elves can be turned, but what about Dwarves? Greenskins? Skaven?
>>
>>49250203
>Logically speaking Emmanuelle has a stronger claim to Ghal Maraz then the two claimants your suggesting if for no other reason then she's got an untouched province and a powerful city state.

Which would make for a good story line, with the other heirs trying to woo her and claim it for themselves. Potentially.

Looks like the Empire is going to become a puppet state for Bretonnia.

>>49250167
Didn't everyone lose everything and the world explode at the End of Endtimes?

>>49250152
Then ignore it if you don't like it? Or make your own Endhammer? With Blackjack and hookers?
>>
>>49250235

There's no reason to assume that Skaven, Greenskins or Dwarfs can't be turned.

Actually, I'm pretty sure there IS a canonical Dwarf vampire in the Genevieve books.

Actually, Vampiric Skaven would make a hell of an interesting revelation. Could explain why some of the Grey Seers are still alive.
>>
>>49250262
Or I can just stay here and remain smug.
>>
>>49250187
Well that and Reikland was one of the strongest provinces and the current Dynasty has had its head screwed on pretty straight for the most part.
>>
>>49250257
>For the record this is a good idea. A diplomatic but ditzy empress who is trying to solve the several problems of the empire with diplomacy instead of hitting it with the business end of ghal maraz would be a nice change of pace.

I like this idea. Empress Emmanuelle slowly fucking up so hard that what remains of the Empire becomes a puppet-state for Bretonnia.

The Norse who don't like the whole Chaos stick decided to come down south to the now abandoned or destroyed northern Empire provinces and start setting up camp there.

The Bretonnians end up signing some sort of alliance or treaty with the Norscan barbarians, if for nothing more than to use them as a speedbump against any further Chaos attacks from the north or east.

Tension rises between the remaining factions of the Empire against the Norscan barbarians that have taken their lands, whilst the Bretonnian overlords are basically saying 'Shut the fuck up and deal with it'.
>>
>>49250375
>I like this idea. Empress Emmanuelle slowly fucking up so hard that what remains of the Empire becomes a puppet-state for Bretonnia.
ok, why does she have to fuck up?
>>
>>49250262
Problem is though nothing leads me to believe this is going to be any good. Especially because it still maintains the absolutely retarded super Nurgle plagues.
Not to even touch on how the Empire at this point is destined to get torn to shreds because its been hilariously weakened by having two of its largest city states destroyed. One of which was its most important Port but also having literally half of the Empire get smote. But you have a Succession Crisis getting ready to flare to life while there are still threats and predatory factions lingering along its shattered borders.
It's dead Jim!
>>
>>49250472
>Not partying like its 476 AD.
>>
>>49250449
>ok, why does she have to fuck up?

Eh, honestly it seems a logical progression and I wouldn't necessary blame Emanuelle for it happening. With Bretonnia growing like it is and the Empire in the situation it's in, it seems like a very realistic threat regardless of who is leading the Empire when it happens.

But the future of the Empire, if it has one, will view the Empire becoming a puppet-state of Bretonnia as a fuck-up - even if it's the only option that doesn't leave the Empire a bloody smear.
>>
>>49250535
Or maybe miss THICCerella will actually have the wits to secure better ties with the horde of elves who are migrating en masse to the old world apparently, or allow people of the border princes to settle within the south of the empire to bolster their numbers.
>>
>>49250472
>It's dead Jim!

Eh. Empire becomes Bretonnian city-state, is forced to accept Norse immigrants and eventually becomes a weird cultural hegemony of these three nations.
>>
>>49250567
>Or maybe miss THICCerella will actually have the wits to secure better ties with the horde of elves who are migrating en masse to the old world apparently, or allow people of the border princes to settle within the south of the empire to bolster their numbers.

Works for me. Any way you look at it, the Empire is becoming an interesting cooking pot of races and nations.
>>
>>49250619
but muh civil war to find out who the bigger badder god is.
Its like the simpsons still where people give two monkeys knives and bet on the outcome.
>>
>>49250591
>the empire loses everything that makes it the empire, gets a bunch of snowniggs that will start worshipping chaos and a bunch of ouiboos who will get btfo when they realize dipped lances really don't work when the lady doesn't protect them out of bretonnia.
>>
>>49250518
It's one thing to have the Empire struggle to survive. But this is just stacking the deck way to damn high. If the Empire were merely devastated but had strong ruler step up to try and unfuck everything then yeah.
Or if the Empire was more or less not completely fucked up, but politically speaking was divided and things threatening to spill out in a Civil War it could still recover after the troubles and could fight back somewhat effectively agaisnt outside threats.

This though? It's dumping all of the political fuckedupness onto a completely devastated Empire. It's fucking dead.
>>
Are there people still trying to get rid of the Schism?

Fuck that. Especially this whole 'make the Empire a sub-faction ruled by an idiot' shit.
>>
>>49250639
>but muh civil war to find out who the bigger badder god is.

You mean Ulric v. Sigmar?

Eh, it's never been a massive civil war. Just dispute, disagreement and the occasional skirmish. But when the Empire gets its feet underneath it again and sort some of it's bigger problems out, maybe.

>>49250660
>Welcome to Endhammer, it's not Warhammer edition.
>>
>>49250591
>bretonnia
>loses more people than the empire due to daemon invasion and civil war before endtimes even starts
>loses most of its Knights in the battle of altdorf
>still in a position to conquer he empire

What is this retarded bullshit? Holy crap, Age of Sigmar lore is unironically better than this skub
>>
>>49250737
>the empire
>solving problem
>half of it's major pop is dead
>chief rival emerges from the war unscathed and hungry for more land
>best allies are all but dead.
>world police is now refugees

So endhammer is
>/tg/ attempts to continue off from end times exactly as new GW would
the setting?
>>
>>49250737
Earl of Salkalten becomes Emperor by aping Conan and just wrecking shit on his way to the top.

>>49250722
The schism stays. Heinrich and Luitpold are not-too-friendly rivals for the throne.

I don't think Emmanuelle would be considered a viable candidate given that she lost her city to Skaven and had to have it won back for her. She can certainly be a power-broker and have some influence.

>>49250721
It's not fucking dead? I mean how many different ways do people need to tell you that.
>>
>>49250785
Someone just came up with that and it's not accepted by most. Add to that the fact that Bretonnia was like half the size of the Empire to begin with.
>>
>>49250800
I still think that working off of the end of Storm of Chaos would be better. End Times is just such a pile of shit that I can't fathom of anyone could go about trying to fix it. And this Endhammer shit isn't convincing me it's possible.

Storm of Chaos narratively provides just as interesting conflicts and plot hooks and isn't nearly as retarded.
>>
>>49250785
>Age of Sigmar lore
>better than a one sentence idea.

You're standards are slipping, anon.

>>49250800
You can read up more on the Endhammer idea here:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer
>>
>>49250800
>tg tries to avoid the endtimes by making an even shittier endtimes, the setting
>>
>>49250866
>Balthasar Gelt, persona non grata in most of the Empire after his necromantic shenanigans were discovered, has secreted himself in the Court of Emmanuelle von Liebewitz, Elector-Countess of Nuln. Gelt wonders why the Empire should even be allowed to elect a leader? Why not assure the Emperor is someone with true ability and vision; someone like the Supreme Patriarch of the Colleges of Magic?

I prefer this to the idea of Gelt/Settra love fest.
>>
>>49250850
how do you think the empire made by sigmar would survive if Altdorf, the city he fucking founded was razed, the colleges of magic, an institution of the empire for the last 500 years and the cathedral of sigmar are gone

>major city states are gone and the elector counts are dead.

>meanwhile one of the few remaining states of the empire that remained unscathed from the war just sits on it's ass.

>>49250866
>You're standards are slipping, anon.

Have you read what the net state the empire is in apparently?
>>
>>49250899

You know, there's only 8 posters in this thread. Spamming the same shit constantly isn't going to make people think that there's more of you bitching.
>>
>>49250926
>Have you read what the net state the empire is in apparently?

Middenheim still stands.

And what do you expect? The Empire got shat over in the End Times.

Or do you want to stick to End Times cannon and the planet is gone entirely?
>>
Holy fucking shit. Do I need to step in here and keep order?

>THE EMPIRE
Nordland's been raided and burned. Salzemund and many other urban centers stand because the Glottkin weren't in Nordland to attack Nordland, but rather passed through on their way to join the greater Host of Chaos.

Eastern Middenland and Hochland were on the direct path of the march and are suitably fucked. But the Drakwald was basically emptied of Beastmen when they marched into the field and got shrekked. There's still some, but for once in their miserable lives, western Middenlanders can sleep easily because beasts are still licking their wounds. Heinrich, meanwhile, orders that the Drakwald start being deforested.

Reikland is largely intact EXCEPT for Altdorf, which was sacked. It is a ruined city, with mutants and chaos beasties and survivors fighting in the streets. Its sheer size ensures that pockets of Empire soldiers and pockets of chaos remnants can remain within its walls, fighting. The Capital would already have been reclaimed if not for two things.

1. Neither Luitpold nor Heinrich can currently marshal the manpower to rebuild the capital and neither wants to suffer the humiliation of trying and failing. At the same time, they know that whoever succeeds will likely have the upperhand in the eventual election.

2. Altdorf's walls allow a relatively small force to hold parts of the city against larger groups of attackers. Luitpold has been trying to make contact with survivors in the city to attack the gatehouse and open the doors to him.

The rest of Reikland remains intact as the greater part of Bretonnia's chivalry sacrificed itself on the plain of Altdorf to brutalize the Glottkin's forces. Big towns and cities like Grunwald, Ubersreik, etc. remain alive. The breadbaskets of southern Reikland and most of Wissenland/Averland are intact.

Neferata and Khalida were assigned to Stirland/Moot (per End Times canon).
>>
>>49250850
>Earl of Salkalten becomes Emperor by aping Conan and just wrecking shit on his way to the top.

I'd back this as a plot.
>>
>>49250850
Except by all logic and common sense it's going to fucking die. The Empire is at its lowest point in thousands of years. Two of its largest cities were wiped off the map. All of its major provinces along with Reikland just had biggest Chaos Pub Crawl blast it's way through. And instead of uniting under someone to try and crawl there way out from underneath the ash, plague and corpses you have the survivors arguing over who gets to rule the plague pit the Empires been turned into. And this is on top of a lot of expansionist factions about to fly on in. (Brett's, Elves, Border Princes and etc.)
Face it, it's dead Jim.
>>
>>49250984
>muh middenheim
Middenheim has what exactly?
>dorf craftsmen
>market from the drakwald

>altdorf had
>the reiksport
>dominating center of riverine trade
>colleges of magic

The big bulwark against chaos was killed off by two bickering retards who want to put their ass on a puckered throne.
>>
File: SMH TBH FAM.jpg (56KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
SMH TBH FAM.jpg
56KB, 720x438px
>>49251000
>Reikland is largely intact EXCEPT for Altdorf, which was sacked. It is a ruined city, with mutants and chaos beasties and survivors fighting in the streets. Its sheer size ensures that pockets of Empire soldiers and pockets of chaos remnants can remain within its walls, fighting. The Capital would already have been reclaimed if not for two things.

>the biggest port that the empire had remaining has been gutted.
>the place where the magically talented could find a home has been gutted
>the religious home of the church of sigmar, which is what held the empire together has been sacked and burned

>the empire is still expected to stand while the two contenders to the throne are brown nosing each other.

>not to mention one of them literally is locked out of his home.

ah yes, grunberg, the imperial capital.
Has a nice ring to it.
>>
>>49251028
>And this is on top of a lot of expansionist factions about to fly on in. (Brett's, Elves, Border Princes and etc.)
None of this is likely to happen. The Brets are more concerned with the south, the Elves aren't currently expansionist, and the Border Princes are fucked pretty hard as well from Undead and Greenskin troubles.

The Empire is exhausted and is currently caught between two opposing political factions, but the majority of Warhammer factions are too exhausted to do more than regroup and plan for the future. The VC aren't united, the Greenskins are busy else where, Chaos is proper fucked and reeling from a defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Things are pretty bad for the Empire, but everyone is fucked right now.

>Face it, it's dead Jim.
Repeating yourself doesn't make it true.
>>
>>49251028
>>49251052

read

>>49251000
>>
>THE EMPIRE (con.)

In addition, the southern branch of the invasion was far more intent on getting to Averheim & Nuln. This left the borders of Stirland fucky and northern Averland took the brunt of the invasion.

However, The Battle of Averheim was won by Karl Franz and the arrival of the Dwarfs under Ungrim Ironfist.

Nuln was briefly lost to the Skaven (save the keep), and relieved by Leopold von Raukov (cousin to Valmir, leader of the Nuln Ironsides) and Ungrim as he kept leading his northern Dwarfs west. (Obviously, with the new proposals to the Dwarfs and keeping Everpeak, this may need to change).

Much of Wissenland remains untouched.

Hochland... well, we got no details, really, but it was on the way for Archaon to get to Middenland, so I figure it's pretty fucked.

Ostland and Ostermark are utterly ravaged. The Knights of the Bull in Wolfenburg have been turned to Chaos and their Grandmaster holds the capital of the county as a mutant chaos champion. (He'll probably be meeting Olaf Godhater for shits and gigs).

Sylvania has expanded into the southern part of ruined Ostermark, spreading the taint of undeath.

Talabecland is also gutted, with Talabheim taking the brunt of the Glottkin's force and being reduced to a city-sized altar to Nurgle. (There's been some people hoping to save Talabheim. This can be discussed if you have a suitably kickass idea beyond 'but I want Talabheim to be around!')

Middenheim, I forgot to mention, was saved by the Battle of Middenheim at which many of the Empire's heroes fought, like Gregor Martak, Luthor Huss, Valten, Brunner the Bounty Hunter. I could go on. Reynolds listed a lot of them in his headcanon which was great.
>>
One thing I'd like is for Gelt to become a Supreme Necromancer and jettison the Sigmarine automata idea. I'd like it if he recolonized Castle Drachenfels with some hand picked students where they live an outcast existence, plumbing the depths of Death Magic and other dark arts.

Really, I just want Gelt to go full Victor von Doom
>>
>>49251012
It's always been an interesting idea. Heinrich and Luitpold unable to decide who will be leader. The Norscan warlord pledging himself to the Empire in return for power and influence and eventually becoming an 'Elector Count.'

Maybe it's Heinrich who extends the olive branch first, in hopes of getting more support on his side. The Sigmarites on Luitpold's side freak out yet more, "Now the Ulrican trafficks with heathen pagans?!"
>>
>>49251112
>repeat over and over that the bretonnians want territorial concessions from the empire
>people decide that the elves will migrate enmasse to the border princes
>this will not cause any pressure of the southern parts of the empire.

Oh, and the eastern parts of the empire are pretty much gone. because sylvania is spreading undeath in ostermark.
>>49251118
>>
>>49251118
>This can be discussed if you have a suitably kickass idea beyond 'but I want Talabheim to be around!

Yeah, I'll get back to you on that if I ever think of something more productive than "I like Talabecland's ST colors and usually played as them in Fantasy Battle".
>>
>>49251169
Two new competing ideas for Gelt. I actually LOVE the Victor von Doom idea, especially because he's written to be arrogant and think he is NATURALLY the perfect Emperor. Why are we letting this dumb, inbred landowners lead the country instead of the smartest and most skilled sorcerer in the Empire?

However, the competing idea is that he goes south to Nehekhara to team up with the Toom Kangz.

Personally... I actually prefer the Dr. Doom idea. Though, Dr. Doom is known for making copies of himself and that would make the Sigmarine Automata even more fitting.
>>
>>49251198
>>repeat over and over that the bretonnians want territorial concessions from the empire
Bretaboos need to contain their boners.

>people decide that the elves will migrate enmasse to the border princes
This must be new, since the Elf stuff has been the most inconsistent and overdebated piece of fluff in Endhammer.

>because sylvania is spreading undeath in ostermark
I personally think this should be nixed.
>>
>>49251198
Eastern parts of the Empire are gone because of Chaos. This has been the case for some time. It's even in all of the maps that have been submitted for Endhammer.
>>
>>49251169
>Really, I just want Gelt to go full Victor von Doom
>muhnigga.jpeg

I'd back that idea. An ostracised wizard using the power of Necromancy to defend and aid the Empire that hates him for what he's doing?

Fuck yeah.

>>49251177

Wasn't Sigmar little more than a barbarian to begin with? I'd like to see a sort of correlation between the Norscan Warlord and ol' Siggy. Just some similarities, not the full 'avatar of Sigmar' shit.

Just a strong man standing up to defend his people.
>>
>>49251206
>However, the competing idea is that he goes south to Nehekhara to team up with the Toom Kangz.

I'd leave that for a later expansion to Endhammer. Have Gelt reign as Sorcerer Supreme for a little while while the setting gets its feet again. Then if the Empire really hates his ass they can run him out and down to Settra where he can eventually throw down against Nagash.
>>
>>49251220
It is new. An elf player came in with a bunch of new ideas. We had a vote. He had the most votes with 44% of 60+ votes. He's yet to add his stuff to the Endhammer page, I guess.

Quick Summary:

Tyrion proclaims himself Phoenix King without a vote after Finubar dies in battle.

Imrik's pissed.

Malekith sees the apocalypse coming and seizes Widowmaker, becoming Avatar of Khaine to defend elf-kind (specifically to fight the invasion of Naggaroth).

Caledor sets off the Vortex to weaken Chaos.

Imrik and his peeps angry about the lack of election evacuate to the colonies and principally set up in Tor Elithis.

Tyrion, Alarielle, and his crew evacuate later and end up in the Border Princes.

(I'd prefer a different location)
>>
>>49251228
>his people
>norscan oogabooga in empire land.

>>49251220
the bretonnians will rightfully want something from the empire especially because tweedledum and tweedledee are engaged in a shitposting match to become emperor. What is there to stop a peasant's crusade from crossing the grey mountains and establishing a principality in the empire?
>>
>>49251169
Ignore the steampunk/clockwork part of the Sigmarines and just make them suits of armor animated by souls he's ripped out of hell?
>>49251270
That works, I suppose. Wasn't my idea, though, so I wouldn't know. I added to it, saying that if he's continuing to delve in necromancy, he'll want to get the books. Imagine a magic duel between Gelt and Mannfred in the Border Princes where Gelt kicks his ass, steals his books.
>>
>>49251279
>the bretonnians will rightfully want something from the empire
Why? They've never cared before. Mostly they've warred over Marienburg in the past, and Marienburg isn't a desirable port any more.

> What is there to stop a peasant's crusade from crossing the grey mountains and establishing a principality in the empire?
Dwarfs, the usual Greenskins, and the Empire state troops that still exist and control that border.

Continually being a shitbird about popular ideas isn't going to build support for your own ones.

>>49251305
Please can we just not have Sigmarines at all in any form? They suck.
>>
>>49251279
>What is there to stop a peasant's crusade from crossing the grey mountains and establishing a principality in the empire?

The absolute shitstorm that is Bretonnia?

Those guys are in a bad state and Gilles still has work to do to sort that out.
>>
>>49251279
Giles le Breton isn't a dick.

He launched the Errantry Wars into Estalia and Tilea because he needed to cut the wheat from the chaff of his newly up-jumped knights, and because they needed to kick the Skaven out.

There's no Skaven to kill in the Empire (not entirely, but I mean no Skaven holding territory).
>>
>>49251320
We don't have to have them at all. Geltmarines was an idea I had when the Sigmarines were the only units announced for AoS so far and because they look exactly like Balthasar Gelt..
>>
>>49251000
So Altdorf the largest and most important city in the Empire is currently on fire and unavailable to anyone. Gotcha. Doesn't help your case any. So much for anyone trying to use the River Reik to reach the ocean to trade since Altdorf is currently an on fire charnel house and you also contradict yourself. You claim that it would have been retaken already....Except for neither Successor Wannabee is able to marshal up the manpower and apparently no one can actually get anyone to open up the gates.

Also half of Middenland is on fire and Hochland is gone.

Except it's all alright because at least Middenlanders near the Drakwald are fine not dealing with Beastmen.
>>
>>49251305
>Ignore the steampunk/clockwork part of the Sigmarines and just make them suits of armor animated by souls he's ripped out of hell?

Or just straight armoured skellies. Full body armour so you can't immediately tell they're undead. Gelt's concession to the weakminded fools of the Empire.
>>
>>49251320
>Dwarfs, the usual Greenskins, and the Empire state troops that still exist and control that border.
>>49251320
>the empire is ruined
>it has enough forces to patrol the borders against orcs AND a sizeable bretonnian force.

>at the same time the empire is on the brink of a civil war that is caused by a schism

>the bretonnians who have launched a massive crusade will also hold the homefront.
>>
>>49251389
Sure. Though the proposed rules for Geltmarines treat them as monstrous infantry because they're supposed to be physically-intimidating, spirit-animated golems. Skellies aren't naturally strong.

Sure, they could be Wight Kings in custom Gelt-faced armor because Balthasar is obsessed with himself. I'm having fun imagining the magic duels between Balthasar and Mannfred and Balthasar and Gregor Martak, now.

(Gotta duel to become Supreme Patriarch)

>>49251376
You don't have to agree, but just saying 'no' doesn't help at all. And it's not exactly post-apocalyptic if everything is fine.
>>
>>49251407
Gilles le Breton has no reason to invade the Empire.

The Empire is not on the brink of Civil War. Stop saying that even though you've been corrected repeatedly. You're trolling at this point and later you'll say "I was only pretending to be retarded."
>>
>>49251445
Reikland is dependent on altdorf.

Its like blowing up singapore and saying that the rest of the country is doing fine, so its not all doom and gloom.
>>
>>49251479
It is an apocalypse. I didn't say Reikland's doing fine. I said it's intact. Chaos didn't touch it. It got stopped at Altdorf.
>>
>>49251469
>giles le breton

Is not the only bretonnian whose will overrides everyone in bretonnia. A dispossessed count or some second sons who feel like they should gete land for their valor in the fight against chaos going off and creating their own independent principality in the empire would hardly outlandish.

>the empire is not on the brink of civil war

>a strong emperor is dead
>the people that he leaves behind are shadows of their former selves

The last time this happened, the empire was embroiled in a 900 year state of decentralized mess that ended up nearly destroying it.
And at that time Mandred had left the empire relatively stable and well populated after the skaven plague.
>>
>>49251548
The province is pretty much centered around the city of altdorf. Destroy it and the province is a complete mess. Even reoccupying it won't work anymore because like you mentioned it has become mordheim mk2.
>>
>>49251611
Forgive me if I've been under a false assumption, but Mordheim is a skirmish game is it not? I know Mordheim was a city in Ostermark hit by a meteor, but more than that, "Mordheim" also describes the skirmish system?

I had liked the idea of Altdorf seeing similar running battles through the streets with a random roll every turn to determine whether a beast from the Imperial Menagerie has escaped and an artillery die to dictate what direction it's going in.
>>
>>49251666
it can work as both.
Both places have been devastated and apparently altdorf is run as a mordheim scenario.

This doesn't make the fluff any more palatable. The contradictions are only going to get worse from here on out.
>>
>>49251694
>This doesn't make the fluff any more palatable. The contradictions are only going to get worse from here on out.

Contradictions?
>>
>>49251736
see >>49251376
>>
>>49251763

So your issue is that a community based fan project isn't finished and is still working out the details?

What are you, an asshole?
>>
>>49250282
Hey, there's an a Idea; a new great Clan; Clan Hemos, ruled by Vampire Skaven that were able to "coerce" a vampire to give a Skaven the Blood Kiss, turning them into a new Skaven lineage. Although not as powerful as a ordinary vampire, they can raise dead Skaven and are considerably stronger and longer lived. How ever, they are both fiercly hated and feared by the current clans, due to their strength and their longitivity. These BloodRats have banded under the banner of Hemos as a way to protect themselves, but despite their great powers, suffer from the Vampires curse and their own Skavenity: No ordinary blood will do, as their food must be tainted with traces of Warpstone, so as to keep their unstable biology powered. They can just put warpstone into regular goblets of blood, but there is a far easier, and cheaper source nearby. Afterall, all Skaven are tainted by Warpstone.

Their leaders are known as Long Gnarls, as their vampirism has caused their naturally long incissors to grow even farther.
>>
>>49251799
its full of contradictions and people are flitting from one thing to the next based on how kool it is. Doesn't matter if it fits into the setting at all.

Malekith who is so self centered that he would rather let the world die because he saw what the sword of khaine did to his dad now picks up the blade of khaine because of reasons.

The high elves whose entire identity revolves around ulthuan leave enmasse and become plucky underdog colonists instead.
>>
>>49251891

I can see them being a major issue in the Skaven underworld. Permanent night would be a massive advantage to Skaven-Vamps.

But I can also imagine the ratmen coming down on that problem HARD. Eshin Assassins hunting down the parasites in their midst, Stormvermin duelling with zombified skaven-slaves.

>>49251908

So your issue is that it's community based, with people voting on what they want?

Why don't you make your own version then? You don't even have to ask anyone else about it, you can work on it on your own without anyone else getting silly ideas and ruining it for you. You don't even have to show anyone.
>>
>>49251972
It will lead to inconsistencies and skub down the line anyway. Might as well watch it burn all the way to the ground.
>>
>>49251995
Until then quit bitching like a fucking fag
>>
>>49251995
nah, you should go and work on your own project.
>>
>>49252020
make me
>>
>>49250074

Anyone playing WFRP still?
>>
But in general, people like the summary of the Empire I laid out?

(Also, Earl of Salkalten needs proper rules and pricing -- probably based off a marauder warlord.)

Skaven Vamps could have potential -- especially with the fighting in the darkness. And it's something Dwarfs would hate even more.
>>
>>49252110
any place online where I can get started with it?

I want to play with people but haven't played an RPG game ever.
>>
>>49251972
Exactly; but remember, this shit is Skaven VS Skaven. They'll not only know how the clans will act, and how they'll try to kill them, but will also be extremely powerful in their own right. Bloodrats would be a good way to rally the clans of the Skaven, while also making the Skaven farless likely to try to invade the surface, now that they have their own undead problem to deal with. Imagine how deadly a Skaven Assassin is; now give him super strength/senses, another century to hone his skills, and make him able to rise ghosts and undead.

Speaking of, maybe the way the Clan starts is that the Clan stumbles across the recipe to Nefereta's elixer. Of course, the 13 Master Clans would love nothing better to get their paws on the Elixir of life, but in the eyes of the Horned Rat and Greyseers, the rising threat of undead Skaven threatens to undermine everything they've worked so hard towards.
>>
>>49251445
Altdorf is the beating heart of the Empire. Home to the College's of Magic the Engineering School, the Empires Beaurcracy, the heart of the Sigmarite Cult and it's major port after Marienburg split. The economy of Reikland is going to implode overnight as well as the economies that are dependent of the River Reik.
>>
>>49252170
>(Also, Earl of Salkalten needs proper rules and pricing -- probably based off a marauder warlord.)

This raises an interesting question for Endhammer: Which has priority - Crunch or Fluff?

>>49252192
>stumbles across the recipe to Nefereta's elixer

Eh, seems like a stretch. I think a down-on-his luck Strigoi feeding off the rat folk and deciding to sire some and start his own clan would make more sense.
>>
>>49251118
>. This can be discussed if you have a suitably kickass idea beyond 'but I want Talabheim to be around!')
Because the super plague was retarded? Because Talabheim is canonically the hardest city to besiege in the empire? Because it's essentially 2 cities, one located inside of a massive fucking crater over 15 miles across that has its own freshwater lake, farmlands and forest? Not to mention it's also the most martial city and a large part of it's citizens are gangsters and cutthroats who form up a pretty large free company militia. It's almost entirely self sufficient, can be reinforced and resupplied by river, and any attacking force would waste thousands to even hope to breach the gates. The maggoth riders and their allies would have exhausted their troops trying to crack the crater and would either have to abandon the seige to focus on their divinely appointed task of sacking altdorf, or they'd be stuck in a pointless seige while also failing to show up at altdorf.

I don't know why we would keep the super plagues in, it was such bad writing in the first place and I long ago thought that's what endhammer was trying to avoid. No super plagues means the Glottkin either lose at Marienburg or get badly mauled when they have to sack the city in the traditional sense. No super plague means no chaos rift that destroys half of altdorf and let's daemon swarms into the walls before the battle even begins. No super plagues means talabheim either survives or the forces besieging it are so bled out that their arrival at altdorf is delayed or they barely contribute. No super plagues means the entire empire isn't infected with nurgle plants and the rivers are solid roads that chaos armies can walk on. No super plagues means altdorf undoubtably survives, and in much better state than it did in the normal endtimes.
>>
>>49252175
>I want to play with people but haven't played an RPG game ever.

Where abouts are you located? Would you be averse to gaming RL?
>>
>>49252397

I'm all for no super-plagues, but I'd still like the Empire to be pretty heavily mauled. The point of Endtimes is to have a post-apocalyptic feel to it. Can't really get that if everyone comes out hunky-dory and smelling like roses.

I'd say Altdorf should fall, Marienburg should be crippled but standing and Talabheim becomes the new center of the Empire where refugees flock to for safety.

The hows and whys of all that can be worked out, this is just broad brush strokes.
>>
>reasonable ideas like altdorf not falling or the elves keeping Ulthuan shot down
>stupid shit like Dr. Doom Gelt with sigmarines, bretonnia invading the empire and vampire skaven is fine
>stupid endtimes points like super plagues kept
But at least it's kool right? And it brings some much needed change to a very stale setting
>>
>>49252398
unless you are currently in calcutta, I doubt it.
>>
>>49252239
Hey, Skaven do have a track record with the Undead; they're the guys that killed Nagash with the Doomblade, remember? Besides, I'm not sure if even a Strigoi would be desperate enough to turn a Skaven. Perhaps we could leave the origins of the Clan up to mystery; but in my opinion, Nefereta's Elixer sounds like a good way to work around the Vampire to Skaven problem. This way, they find it, tweak it to work on Skaven, and than destroy it, ensuring that only those Skaven present could actually make more Skavampires
>>
>>49252445
No the point of Endtimes was to gank the setting so GW could do Age of Sigmar. So they used a fuckton of shitty writing and authorial fiat to let that happen.
>>
>>49252445
>Marienburg survives
>altdorf doesn't
Altdorf managed to stand for a whole 2 years even after the super plague, it's pretty unfeasible for it to fall in a situation with no super plagues.

Also worth noting that the imperials still could have won at Marienburg if the super plague didn't slick up the stones and cause them to lose their footing. The Glottkin would have been outright stopped at Marienburg if it weren't for the super plague, the maggoth riders would have exhausted their armies against talabheim, and Gutrot spume woukd have shown up alone and got rekt by the bretonnians. And the brets would have made it to altdorfs walls and been able to stand alongside the imperials in the coming battles against any chaos forces who made it there. Even in endtimes the timing of the 3 chaos armies arrival and the opening of the rift had to be perfect or they would have lost. No one or even 2 of the invading armies would have been a match for the empires most important city, the bretonnians, and Vlads forces. Especially without the plague storm taking out the heart of the city.
>>
>>49252560
>not putting authorial fiat with kool ideas on a strawpoll
>not watching the unholy concoction come alive.
>>
>>49252451
Keep crying, bitch. Your salt is delicious.

If your ideas were good, people would like them.
>>
>>49252512

Leaving it a mystery works. The Elixer is too valuable a McGuffin to re-introduce.

>>49252560
Sorry, meant Endhammer, not End Times.

>>49252585
>Altdorf managed to stand for a whole 2 years even after the super plague, it

Not fall like go to ruin, just anarchy. Again, the Mordheim idea. The city is only partially damaged, but suvivors have gone into a full 'Me or You' mindset.

All it would need is a strong hand to reclaim it and everything would be back to business, relatively. But both the wannabe-Emperors are vying to be the ones to reclaim Altdorf, for political reasons.
>>
>>49252451
Personally, I'm not against Ulthuan staying up. My only problem is that it means Malekith now has little to no conflict aside from Tyrion. But, I could assume that Tyrion would act as the "new" Dark Elves, as many of Malekiths former followers and disgruntled High Elves follow the new patron of Khaine, Tyrion. Thus, its divides the Elves once more.

I like the idea of Vampire Skaven keeping the Skaven from running amok on the surface. I do dislike the Sigmarines, what Gelt is doing, and the plagues. Especially the plagues. I say we just have the Glottkin and Nurgle forces beeline straight to Altdorf, and sack it as best they can, but not destroy it utterly. Leave the rebuilding of Altdorf a big center piece of the Empire.
>>
>>49252670
>Leave the rebuilding of Altdorf a big center piece of the Empire.

That works.

> do dislike the Sigmarines, what Gelt is doing,

I agree with the Sigmarines. They were really only kept in when it wasn't clear how big the popularity of the miniatures was going to be, so that people could use them in Endhammer if they wanted. But that seems to have gone the way of all flesh.

What would you prefer from Gelt?
>>
>>49252597
Your setting sucks, deal with it. It's just as dumb as the real endtimes but with even more author fiat and fluff rape. I'm just waiting till it dies as hard as T9A did so you can stop shitting up the threads with Sub-AoS fan fiction and we can go back to real warhammer fluff discussion.
>>
>>49252754

Keep crying whore. My chips need more salt.

It's funny that you bitch about real warhammer fluff discussion, but no-one is stopping you from talking about it.

It's almost like you have nothing to contribute except your whining bitching.
>>
>>49252734
As for Gelt, I don't really know. If he still has his undead powers however, he might be acting as a foil against Vlad. Afterall, Vlad was, and is, a HUMONGOUS threat to the Empire. Having Gelt close enough to Vlad, while also having him remain loyal to the Empire might be a good way to keep him preoccupied, yet also still a character.

Also, speakig of the Von Carsteins, if Mannfred retreated to the Border Princes and carved out a new Vampire Kingdom, than both Bretonnia and Vlad are going to be having a bit of a problem with Manny and his constant planning. Perhaps the Red Duke has sworn loyalty to Mannfred, and is now pre-occupying the Brets, while Mannfred throws his undead at Vlads undead
>>
>>49252794
its because all you idiots have taken over the thread. I am just here to watch the strawpoll.

Endhammer was a mistake. It would have been better to base it off SoC or fluffing out the different factions that were not so famous.
>>
>>49252670
>I like the idea of Vampire Skaven keeping the Skaven from running amok on the surface.

I'd have thought that the problem of vampiric skaven would have come up before. It seems like a pretty logical idea.
>>
>>49252794
You're the one getting assblasted That 3 anonymous people on a Peruvian cave painting forum don't like your shit tier fanfic, cry harder faggot
>>
>>49252830
And than what? Isnt Endhammer a re-imagining of the Endtimes, execpt this time, the world doesnt end? We already saw what happened after SoC, and just expanding factions that already exist wouldnt really work as a Endtimes counter part
>>
>>49252585
So you still rely on some of the laziest writing and bullshit fiat that GW cooked to prop up this EndHammer setting? Yeah. This is going to go over so damn well.
From everything I've gathered this Endhammer stuff isn't 'Fixing' the End Times to be less suck, it's taking all of the godawful bullshit writing and changing a few bits here or there to pull out an Order win at the last possible second.
Your houses are built upon the sand Anon.
>>
>>49252825
>Gelt keeping Vlad in check
>Solves the Vampire Count problem the Empire has.

I like it.

>>49252830

Sounds like you've got nothing to say. About anything. You just want to wank to your salt. Try not to chafe your cock.
>>
>>49252865
Its about as bad as the end times in terms of shit lore, so you got that GW theme perfect.
>>
>>49252865
Storm of Chaos underplays the events of the invasion. End Times was at least a little bit more impressive in that regard.
>>
File: 1456317850143.jpg (169KB, 1166x754px) Image search: [Google]
1456317850143.jpg
169KB, 1166x754px
Can I ask how come Chaos didn't wreck the Empire like in the real End Times? What is the main difference on the Chaos front?

Maybe deciding what Chaos does or doesn't do will help stamp out this Empire debate. Though personally I would rather it become more of a confederacy with less unity and with a few losses to the north, but nothing that can't be recovered from in a generation.
>>
>>49252892
>wank
>starts chimping out trying to defend this abortion.
kek, the only salty retard here is you.
>>
>>49252850
It really does fit, doesnt it? Any Skaven EVER would love to be a Vampire. It counters all the problems of being a Skaven(Short lives, weak, not good at magic) while having little drawbacks. Also, another possibility is that the occurance of Vampire Skaven is act of revenge done by Nagash; knowing that they'd eat themselves alive, like rats are wont to do, he simply edges them on. And not only does he get revenge, but with every Vampire Skaven, thats another soul that belongs to Nagash and not the HR, with whom he fights in the underworld
>>
>>49252887
Dude I'm not even supporting endhammer what the hell? I'm pointing out how retarded endhammer is because of the PIS and the author fiat. Endtimes was a pile shit and endhammer is diarrhea. They're both just different shades of the same shit, but at least one has some semblance of consistency
>>
>>49252949
Sorry, wrong person I was trying to respond too. But yeah, the inclusion of the Super Plagues is still retarded.
>>
>>49252949
>consistency
>the empire is doing fine even though it's major population centers are dead, it's spiritual capital is mordheim 2 : chaos boogaloo, and two literally whos are egging the remnants of the empire towards civil war.
>>
>>49252922
This is what we've got on 1d4chan -

Arbaal the Undefeated killed the living gods of Ind and took their skulls for Khorne. He curses the failure of Archaon and his cohorts

"Troll Country" has expanded to encompass much of the Empire's eastern neighbor. The steppes of Kislev are ruled by Kurgan warlords who feast in the Winter Palace of Kislev, in the shadow of a mighty Dragon Ogre Shoggoth who sleeps in the grand ballroom. It is an object of worship for the Kurgan, representing the corrupting power of their gods, and the weakest of their war parties are sacrificed for its meals.

With the Great Bastion sundered, the Hung harass the Orcs in northern Cathay. Unfortunately, the greenskins seem to enjoy it and don't flee in terror like the forces of the Dragon-Emperor. This draws the Khorne worshippers, who are happy to meet a foe as eager for battle as themselves. Valkia joins them, seeking out the worthy to follow Khorne, having deemed the increasingly redolent Chaos followers in the West unworthy.

A small group of Norscans have remained in the northern reaches of the Empire, settling in the decidedly warmer and fertile country.

A new chaos lord Agrod the Inheritor decries Archeon as a failed weakling and begins the trials to prove himself the true everchosen.
Nurgle sends Valnir the Reaper to whip his forces into shape after the failure of the Glottkin and Festus, calling the various Chaos Lords of Nurgle, including the Maggoth Riders, to a "Blightmoot" to determine who will lead them.

Egrimm and his forces make a plan to have a permanent entrance to Tzeentch's Crystal Labyrinth in their citadel. If successful, Egrimm would be rewarded with daemonhood.
>>
>>49252922
If Im not mistaken, the turning if the tide against Chaos is Thanqoul, and at large, the Skavens betrayal. After the Verminlord hits Archaon instead of Valten, the Skaven turn against Chaos in a bid to assert their dominance over the other gods. In the midst of the Chaos, Valten slays Archaon, before being assassinated by the Skaven himself. This throws the horde into Chaos, causing it to overall collapse.

So far, that's all I know
>>
>>49252929

I can see a strong Anti-Vamp. stance existing in the Skaven community. It would have to - any halfway decent Vampire in the Skaven Underrealm could cut themselves a pretty sweet chunk of real estate down there. Assuming they haven't already.

Doesn't the Skaven realm span the entire length and breadth of the planet underground?

>>49252985
The dude was agreeing with you and saying End Times had consistency. You're literally an incoherent troll at this stage.
>>
>>49252910
It underplayed the events of the Invasion because GW was busy scrambling to try and find ways of getting further and further south despite getting stymied due to game results.

End Times major failure is that GW started giving Chaos (And the Skaven) crazy amounts of buffs and divine help in order to win. The Super Plagues are just some of the most overtly stupid shit GW did to ensure chaos won.
The Super Sentai bullshit they pulled was also laughably retarded.
>>
>>49252993
>>49252922

Three major points of divergence are responsible for the "Endhammer" setting:

Thanquol, realizing that Screech Verminking and Archaon were getting all of the glory and credit for ending the world, decided to do his thing and cock it all up. With lots of warpdust. He annihilates a good third of the Hordes of Chaos after inhaling what some ratmen reported to be a slave's weight in warp snuff. At the moment, he's fled towards Khuresh with Clan Eshin assassins on his tail.

In general, the Underempire's attack was not as successful, and some humans survived in Estalia, Tilea, Araby, and Bretonnia. In fact, Bretonnia's doing pretty well.

Valten doesn't die via Verminlord killsteal. Instead, he and Archaon take each other out at the First Battle of Middenheim. After tanking a warpstone bullet from Brunner the Bountyhunter (who, let's be honest, was the real hero of the story), Archaon and Valten went toe to toe. The fight goes as it did in the End Times, but some Butterfly Effect bullshit causes the Verminlord's glaive to miss Valten and stun the Slayer of Kings instead. Ghal Maraz once more proves itself the bane of the Everchosen, and the armies of Chaos are scattered, but the Herald of Sigmar dies in the process.
>>
>>49253049
>It underplayed the events of the Invasion because GW was busy scrambling to try and find ways of getting further and further south despite getting stymied due to game results.

That's the thing. If you go by the game results, the Storm of Chaos would basically have gotten stopped at Praag. But GW just kept pushing shit.

But after they pushed, they didn't back up the results of that. Even the GW Fiat they pulled getting Archaon to Middenheim would have had catastrophic repercussions. You see a little of it in WFRP 2ed, but it's pretty downplayed. Just a lot of 'Shits on fire, but we're alright'.
>>
File: Katarin1.jpg (294KB, 968x792px) Image search: [Google]
Katarin1.jpg
294KB, 968x792px
>>49252986
>Kurgan warlords in the Winter Palace

Did they kill Katarin too? Because no fucking way she'd let people march all over her land, since she refused to leave it in the real End Times.
>>
>>49253035
I just entered this thread.

I wanted to ask about bretonnian/marienburger relations

I think I will go now.
>>
>>49253035
We're all anonymous, it impossible to tell who is who but yes, endtimes had more consistency. Aside from Khaine and the chaos gods intervening directly, much of it was pretty consistent with how the factions already were. Endhammer is changing shit for the sake of changing it, and it's all the shittier for it
>>
>>49253087

Kislev was conquered when the End Times began, but the Tzarina Katerina, the Winter Queen, refused to give up. She leads a guerrilla resistance against the remaining forces of Chaos who despoil her country.

Joining her is Valmir von Raukov, Elector-Count of Ostland who was trapped on the wrong side of the Auric Bastion when it fell, having led the defense of Erengrad. He knows little of what has happened to his province in the mean time, but Katerina promises him Praag if they ever prove victorious.

Throgg's dreams of an intelligent troll race ruling over Kislev went up in smoke when a particular slayer got into the mix. Kurgans and Hung control the steppe-lands instead. Well, them and Chaos Spawn.

Sigvald still decides to hole up in the ruins of Kislev. From there, he sends small armies to capture slaves, treasures or whatever catches his hedonistic eye. On his latest whim, he sent his army out, as he took a fancy to the Winter Queen and wants her as his personal plaything.
>>
>>49253099
>And nothing of value was lost.troll
>>
>>49253099

I recommend reading either the Marienburg or Bretonnian sourcebooks for WFRP then. Or go to /v/, because we know who you fucking are you annoying shit.
>>
>>49250785
To be fair, the norse stuff is canon.
Nordland is a mix of thuringians, chati and norse already. The norse living there are ulric worshippers.
>>
>>49253051
I think we could better phrase that first one, actually. By definition, the Skaven are paranoid, untrust-worthy and traitorous creatures; they also value self preservation above all else. Thanqoul, realizing that if Archaon wins the world (and the Skaven), will most likely be destroyed. I would also couple this with the Horned Rat realizing that the Chaos Gods never really planned to let him become a chaos god, and the reason for it is very clear: the Horned Rat is simply the same as Ulric, or the Elven gods, or Sigmar. He is simply the incarnation of the Skaven race, unlike the Chaos Gods who are based on ALL emotion. This infuriates the Horned Rat, and leads to the betrayal of the Skaven, theweakening Chaos and overall, the prevention if the worlds destruction. With the Skavens forces now focused on the new war with Chaos, the other countries survive as more and more of the ratmen change course in a desperate attempt to stop the Endtimes they almost brought about onto them selves.
>>
>>49253144
>or go to /v/ because we know who you are.

and who am I?
>>
>>49253082
There are ways to make a SoC ending interesting you know.
A Schism in the Church of Sigmar, Archaons Horder splintering into thousands of warbands that are busy bleeding the north dry and working there way south.
A lot of people in the Northern Provinces that got their homes burned down and harried by chaos selling themselves to the dark gods to create a fucked up version of chaos cults/flagellants.
A portion of the populace demanding that Valten become the new Emperor with the situation being egged on by Luthor Huss and Karl Franz having none of that shit.
Vampires are now more active and up to some dark shit over in Sylvania while Kemmler is cooking up some serious necromantic shit in the Empire.....You have Malekith doing shit at the shrine of kaine, a black ark in the Sea of Claws....There's plenty of shit that can be done.
>>
>>49253160
Ties in with theme and what we've got so far, makes sense as an exposition of the situation.
>>
>>49253186
I think if Warhammer hadn't have gone ass-over-tits, we'd have gotten more stuff like this. As is, the goal of Endhammer isn't a continuation of the Warhammer timeline, it's specifically a post-apocalyptic Alternate Universe timeline.

But I like the idea of a schism in the Church of Sigmar and Valten making a play for Emperor. Of course, I also preferred the idea that Valten had nothing to do with Sigmar and the birthmark was just a birthmark and the whole thing was a play by Huss to get the people ready to fight.
>>
>>49253186
Thats true, SoC has a good deal of oppertunity for things to be followed up. But, I dont think its quite a big shake up as the Endtimes. You still have the same people, same nations and same factions. The most interesting bit would be the Valten vs Karl, but that just ends up being another Schism. Out of Endhammer, I just want new things to be added to the setting.
>>
>>49253256
at the cost of changing what the factions themselves were?
>>
>>49253229
Eh, it works because you have Johann Esmer III claiming to be the Grand Theogonist and fleeing to Marienburg and a schism could erupt due to the story of what happened to Volkmar coming to light and some measure of the population getting antsy.

And honestly I'd think it interesting if truth regarding Valten were up in the air with evidence for it and agaisnt it as well as Luthor Huss's motives. Maybe he really does believe that Valten is connected to Sigmar and should rule the empire? Maybe he thinks it's bupkis and using Valten as a stepping stone to becoming the Grand Theogonist and clean up the Cult of Sigmar. Maybe it's both?

Regardless my problems with Endhammer isthat it's making things far to grim with the Empire.
>>
>>49251206
>Sigmarine Automata

If anyone should get some kind of automata golem, it should be the dwarfs. Dwarf lives are now at a premium, they have a new acceptance for technological advancement. Just don't know if they'd replace dwarfs with machines in dangerous jobs like mining (which are traditionally the most honoured sort of labour roles) or if they'd try to produce craft-producing mechanica.

Craftsmen going from laboriously producing exquisitely crafted goods to laboriously producing exquisitely crafted machines that can make exquisitely crafted goods.
>>
>>49253256
By 'added' to the setting you mean 'taken out of the setting'? Because that's what it's been sounding like to me the whole time. Franz is gone. Entire regions of the Empire are kaput, Kislev is gone. Todbringer is gone. Talabhiem is gone, Altdorf is semi-gone (It might as well be gone for all intents and purposes.) Ulthuan is gone. A number of Karaks are gone.
I'm just waiting to hear what else got put on the chopping block.
>>
>>49253332
>Regardless my problems with Endhammer isthat it's making things far to grim with the Empire.

Again, it's a post-apocalyptic re-imagining. I'm surprised it hasn't gone full Mad Max.
>>
>>49253376
Yeah except the Empire's gonna collapse at this point. There's just way too much damage, political instability and other shit for it to carry on much longer.
>>
>>49253430
Its a post apocalyptic setting that draws heavily upon the end times.

Think of it as a shitty fanfic.
>>
>>49253430
>Yeah except the Empire's gonna collapse at this point.

And? What part of post-apocalyptic is lost on you?
>>
>>49253307
Well, in a matter of terms, yes. I dont agree with what some people are saying about how the factions change, but after coming closer to the actual apocolypse than ever before and losing a multitude of heros and important figures, than there will be definite changes.

>>49253368
Like i've said, what some people have done is a tad bit too far. In my opinion, Talabheim should stand, Kislev is on its way back so long as the Tsarina survives, Ulthuan doesnt need to sink at all, and Altdorf's reconstruction is a huge part of the Empire's central plot. And, to be fair, people died. Cities burned. And as peace returns, new heros must rise, and new cities will be built or uplifted. We just need to establish whats gone before whats new will be discussed
>>
>>49253453
And? And maybe it's annoying to see Chaos essentially win again? Oh suuuuure they didn't get to devour the world but that's considering how fucked the Old World is, they might as well have.
Especially using the fucking dumb as a stump writing GW did to let Chaos sweep things up.
>>
>>49253554
Than what do you want to happen? It would just be the same thing ad-finite. The Empire returns to squabbling, as per usual when the Status quo is upheld, only to just do it all again after Archaon pops his ugly mug back up. And only so much can be done in a setting where almost everything is the same; how would you go about shaking up Warhammer when everything is effectively the same?
>>
>>49253554
Then why not work on a Warhammer story continuation based on SoC? Because it seems to me that what you want is not what Endhammer is about.
>>
>>49252825
>if Mannfred retreated to the Border Princes and carved out a new Vampire Kingdom, than both Bretonnia and Vlad are going to be having a bit of a problem with Manny and his constant planning

Duke Manny going full Mercenary is an interesting issue. Selling his services to those looking to carve a name for themselves.
>>
>>49253363

I see the Dwarfs as going less the automata route and more just using advanced machines and techniques. Steam Drills might be a bit more common place in their mines, and I'd like to see a stronger focus on their air superiority.

Being one of the few nations with reliable air power is a hell of an advantage that never seems to cross well into Warhammer - which is understandable given the whole magic thing. But you'd still think that being able to paratroop dwarfs into the field or just bomb enemies from up high would have been a bit more utilized.

>>49250235

The only instance of an Orc Vampire I can think of is from the Bloodbowl novels. And IIRC that was a Black Orc. Tough sonofabitch, too.

Skaven Vampires should definitely be a thing.
>>
>>49250567
Fuck yeah, Emmanuelle for Empress for all of the five seconds she has it until Gelt takes over.

>>49250282
>Actually, I'm pretty sure there IS a canonical Dwarf vampire in the Genevieve books.

How would Dwarfs cope with the idea of a vampire Dwarf? Especially with their penchant for worshiping living ancestors?
>>
>>49251228
>Just a strong man standing up to defend his people.

I like this. A Norscan Warlord could serve to unify the Ulrican and Sigmarite religions. The Norscan could be Ulrican himself, but the Sigmarites see him as an example of Sigmarite values.
>>
>>49253757
>Steam Drills
Isn't the Blakk and Dekkar already a thing?
>Skaven Vampires should definitely be a thing.
I might be mistaken, but I'm sure someone posted here once about a VC army conversion with this theme.

>>49253823
>How would Dwarfs cope with the idea of a vampire Dwarf?
If a Dawi bloodsucker ever tried to play off themself as a living ancestor, they'd get their shit kicked in if they were ever caught. Which would happen sooner or later.

>>49253911
>example of Sigmarite values.
What? Killing greenskins and not being a dick to dwarfs?
>>
>>49253430
If the Empire collapses, something more suitable will replace it.
>>
File: Witch hunter.jpg (160KB, 596x1234px) Image search: [Google]
Witch hunter.jpg
160KB, 596x1234px
>tfw no asrai GF

>>49254196
>faction central to the setting of warhammer and something that made it stand out in a sea of fantasy universes,
>"lol, something else will replace it."
>>
File: 1441888291176.jpg (142KB, 859x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1441888291176.jpg
142KB, 859x1280px
>>49254214
>not wanting superior asur
Filthy peasant.
>>
>>49254214
>made it stand out in a sea of fantasy universes,

There were a lot of things that stand out about Warhammer, but the Empire was not one of them.

And it's not like the Empire would be replaced with a new race. It's just a different way of organising the same nation. Probably a religious hegemony or cultural mix depending on who/what resettles the Empire.

Veterans of the siege of Altdorf leading Norscan auxiliaries backed up by an assortment of mercenaries or adventurers, rising up from their safe hold of Talabheim to reclaim the Empire one step at a time? Shit yeah.
>>
Fuck endhammer in the ass, seriusly.
>>
>>49254214
>>faction central to the setting of warhammer and something that made it stand out in a sea of fantasy universes,

The Empire was certainly a primary focus of Warhammer, but it didn't particularly stand out in any great way.
>>
>>49254244
>the empire was not among them
sure buddy. When people think of warhammer they think of soldiers in floppy hats, knights in ornate armor with iron crosses and skulls duking it out with plate armored vikings and monsters.
>>
>>49254273
Its biggest and strongest country standing against chaos.
>inbefore muh meme Cathay
>>
>>49254286
I think we've just got different definitions of the Empire here.

I mean, sure - I think about Priests of Sigmar, Witch Hunters and Bright Wizards. But it's the units that make it, not the Empire.

The Empire itself - Reikland, Altdorf, Hochland. Is just...eh. It's there.

But if you meant just the humans who make it up, sure - my bad.
>>
>>49254310
>primarily a TT game
>units make the faction what they are.
really makes you think.
>>
File: empire feels.png (21KB, 339x345px) Image search: [Google]
empire feels.png
21KB, 339x345px
>>49254242
asur a shit.
>tfw no qt asrai gf who is naive about the world but wants to visit far away distant places from home
>ywn curl next to her as you take turns spooning with eachother in an inn while passing through the empire.
>she will never awkwardly kiss you after the two of you beat back a small group of beastmen together, you with your rapier and pistol, and she with her blades and bow.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 306x165px
>>49254244
>>49254242
>>49254196
>>49253911
>I want a setting where the factions from old warhammer have been destroyed but some of their units live on
>I want anyone to be able to fight anyone
>I want a setting where nearly anything is possible, no matter how ridiculous
I think I may have the game for you
>>
>>49254295
China no 1 in everything gweilo.
>>
>>49254407
ok, that was an epic putdown.
>>
File: 1471607267937 (1).png (76KB, 167x186px) Image search: [Google]
1471607267937 (1).png
76KB, 167x186px
>>49254407
well, shit.
>>
File: 1446213232636.jpg (102KB, 934x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1446213232636.jpg
102KB, 934x1280px
>>49254363
Asrai are probably smell weird, she wouldn't speak to you much and for sure wouldn't tell about her homeland unlike asur.
>>
So, do the empire and bretonnians fight in border skirmishes and the like?
Thinking about playing a Total War game as the bretonnians where I try and conquer parts of the empire.
Has there been any precedent for that?

Also, another question.

What major battles was the reiksguard involved in alongside KF? Preferably against bretonnians.
>>
Is this another "my endtimes fanfiction is better than your endtimes fanfiction" and both are shit thread?
>>
File: phoenix guard.png (818KB, 526x849px) Image search: [Google]
phoenix guard.png
818KB, 526x849px
We probably had enough talk about Ulthuan sinking, but was there ever a suggestion for this continent sinking slowly? High Elves know it will be gone soon, but it still has enough time to be used as a base of operation and still most High Elves are living there, but they have to leave ship by ship. It strikes me as a good middle-ground.
>>
>>49254541
actually, this post>>49254407 put me off endhammer completely. Its just AoS : Old world edition.
>>
File: lets not go to bretonnia.png (716KB, 909x461px) Image search: [Google]
lets not go to bretonnia.png
716KB, 909x461px
>>49254529
>not wanting a waifu who smells like flowers and pinewood
Also asur would be more like
>Oh my Asuryan, do you guys like, not wait a century before drinking your wine? Ugh, gross.

I would settle for either.
>>
>>49254407
>>49254541
>>49254567
I think you are onto something
>>
This isn't strictly WH but does anyone have a scan of the current lotr/hobbit rulebook they can share?
>>
>>49251908
>The high elves whose entire identity revolves around ulthuan leave enmasse and become plucky underdog colonists

you didn't even bother to read why they left Ulthuan.

I don't know why we keep arguing with people like you, it's literally a pointless battle, you will always find something to bitch about because you are bitching for the sake of it.

Not One(1) alternate idea has been proposed beyond empty phrases.

I'm really fucking done even replying to these bitches in this thread because it doesn't lead anywhere.
>>
>>49254646
>why they leave ulthuan
because with the power of writer's fiat ulthuan was completely destroyed.
>it doesn't lead anywhere
just like endhammer.
>>
>>49254646
>you didn't even bother to read why they left Ulthuan.

Because some anons voted for accept that part of the clusterfuck that EoT is.

Excellent reason indeed.
>>
What does bretonnia think of marienburg in the lore?
>>
>>49254196
And fuck Empire players in the ass.
>>
>>49254244
>>And it's not like the Empire would be replaced with a new race. It's just a different way of organising the same nation. Probably a religious hegemony or cultural mix depending on who/what resettles the Empire.
>>Veterans of the siege of Altdorf leading Norscan auxiliaries backed up by an assortment of mercenaries or adventurers, rising up from their safe hold of Talabheim to reclaim the Empire one step at a time? Shit yeah.

>change everything that makes the empire the empire.
>instead put in ideas you thought were cool on the crapper.

Kosak is that you?
>>
>>49254711
Ah, finally, real lore discussion

Bretonnia wants to add Marienburg into its territory because it's such a profitable city, and also because it's one of the few areas Bretonnia can get into the empire without having to cross the mountains. Bretonnia is already the empires chief rival in trade and gaining Marienburg would put them at a huge advantage. They just don't want to launch a full scale invasion because they rightly fear the empires heavy handed response.

Marienberg wants its independance though, so whenever the brets start trying to conquer it they manipulate the empire into fighting back. Funnily enough, when the empire makes an effort to take back Marienburg, they call on the bretonnians to fight back. This way the marienburgers direct those 2 nations against eachother while also taking the focus off of them.

Back when Marienburg was still part of the empire I think the brets used to invade it all the time. The High elf rulebook mentions Marienburg having excellent sea defences that have time and time again repelled bretonnian and Norse invasions.
>>
>>49254273
It did to me, but that might be because it was my first exposure to a major power in a fantasy universe that used black powder guns en masse. I've never been able to go back to Fantasy Gun Control Yes settings since.
>>
File: 20160908160721_1.jpg (716KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160908160721_1.jpg
716KB, 1920x1080px
>>49254854
something about lines of pikemen/halberdiers and handgunners firing at demonic hellspawn while wearing floppy hats really tickles your imagination in a way only the 80s can.

pic related.
>>
So, why doesn't the empire use longer pikes?
They seem to be pretty useful in keeping the enemy at bay.
>>
>>49254656
If all the factions acted in character and we didn't have retarded writers fiat (like the chaos gods intervening directly, Lileath and Teclis' retarded plan, super plagues, lizardmen being too dumb to put up anti-skaven wards when they knew the invasion was coming, etc) making sure skaven and chaos won, ET would have looked something more like storm of chaos. Endhammerfags can't have that because hey need change for the sake of change. Because anything less than destroying several factions identities for the sake of character developement, while also adding in stupid unprecedented shit like vampire skaven and gelt sigmarines, is too samesies. They think they're fixing the endtimes when really they're just making their own, shittier version of it. It's basically AoS oldworld edition, except at least AoS is distinctly s different setting set apart by Aeons. Endhammer is factions and peoples who have acted a certain way their whole histories suddenly changing in ways that make ET writing look tame.

Not to mention writers fiat just as bad if not worse than actual endtimes
>Ulthuan sinking because they "supercharged the vortex" even though nothing in the lore suggests that would work or have this effect
>altdorf, the primary city of the empire, best armies, home of the colleges of Magic and engineering schools and most of the major knightly orders, somehow gets blitzed and chaos destroys it but also loses at the same time.
>Bretonnia in any position to conquer its neighbors despite being in as bad of shape at the start of the endtimes as the empire was after Glottkin, and after most if it's Knights died in the empire
>the empire not uniting behind one strong leader like they did every other time a major event like this happened
>Malekith drawing the widowmaker
>Vlad or the vampire counts in general not conquering the blasted remains of the empire. Seriously, Vlad and a cabal of necromancers could do it
>>
>>49254886
>>49254886
How do you turn off the UI of the game?
>>
File: Sea_Pattern_Brown_Bess.jpg (22KB, 769x154px) Image search: [Google]
Sea_Pattern_Brown_Bess.jpg
22KB, 769x154px
>>49254907
Honestly, they're damn near at the point where they should barely need any real melee troops at all.
>>
>>49251118
>if you have a suitably kickass idea beyond 'but I want Talabheim to be around!'
Quite a lot of threads ago, somebody mentioned Talabheim being taken by some warlord in the Chaos (hue) of the Chaos invasion, who wants to keep the city for himself as some sort of independent city-state

Have the army and elector count march from Talabheim to reinforce the Empire's army? after all, Talabheim can be reliable defended with a much smaller force, and worst case, caving in the entrance, effectively isolating the city from external threats

Perhaps something like turning Talabheim into Marienburg 2.0, with the warlord taking in brigands and mercenaries to reinforce the city's garrison?

Having Talabecland's elector count survive and promising his support to whoever retakes his capital?

Just brainstorming some shitty ideas, anything is better than the "Nurgle turns it into a pus volcano :^)" approach of the end times

Hell, even having Chaos breaking in (Chaos dwarfs engineering a new entrance? they need some love afterall) and killing everybody is miles better
>>
>>49254907
Longer pikes means less flexibility. Against foes like chaos warriors and orcs, the empire uses combined arms tactics. The spears are more to hold the superior troops of the enemy at bay while halberds and greatswords close in to finish them of. An empire spear line against most foes would consist of alternating spearmen and swordsmen. The spearmen hold the enemy while the swordsmen finish them off.

I think people tend to vastly under estimate how powerful the empire military is because "muh normal dude!" Yeah chaos hordes and beastmen are scary in ET level invasions where they outnumber the empire 10:1, but that's usually not the case. Going up against the empire in their own land is fucking hard. Sure you may be a 7 foot tall superman in hell forged armor, but now you're waging war deep in enemy territory where they are well supplied and organized while you're supply lines are getting harassed by pistoliers and huntsmen.

Now you have to charge headlong into a storm of artillery and gunfire, both of which make a mockery of chaos armor. You also have to deal with wizards and warrior priests, and witch hunters sniping your leaders. By the time your unit reaches the empire lines it's ragged, and it's basically you facing a solid wall of halberds or spears that hold you out of reach. Say weakling southern faggots all you want, you're getting simultaneously stabbed in the face, torso and Dick by 4 guys, with no one to support you.
That slaughterbrute it took weeks to bind and was a vast drain on resources the whole trek there? Fucked in the ass by cannons before it even got close to the front lines. Oh, what's that, your flank is getting charged by Knights? An empire general is ripping through your ranks with his griffon?

You don't fuck with the empire
>>
>>49254957
there's a cinematic mode, hold space to open a menu on the right (press the arrow) and select "Cinematic mode", perfect for screenshots
>>
>>49254327
>primarily a TT game
>TT game is abandoned, also a roleplaying game and a setting
>the name The Empire makes you think of The Empire
really makes you think
>>
>>49254530
>do the empire and bretonnians fight in border skirmishes

Occasionally. Normally it's some petty lord on landed noble shit, not full nation vs nation.
>>
A lot of people bitching about the community Endhammer project in here.

Don't see anyone starting up a community After the Storm-hammer project.
>>
>>49254952
>Not to mention writers fiat just as bad if not worse than actual endtimes

Worse. Because ET was skubstatic and insulting but it had a minimun underlying coherence and tension.

This is an everchanging mess of skub democratically settled where nothing will ever be a mistery or surprise you as it needs to be debated before approval.

Is worse than fanfiction because fanfiction at least has the surprise and mistery element.
>>
>>49255196
>Is worse than fanfiction because fanfiction at least has the surprise and mistery element.

Oh wow, you're just the shittiest sort of human being.
>>
>>49255241
Nice argument there buddy
>>
>People bitching about a community project, when they're the community producing the shit they're bitching at.
>>
>>49255246
Wasn't an argument, was an observation. Alternatively, a declaration.
>>
>>49255272
Basically an acceptance. I'm sorry but that's what it is in my opinion. A naive attempt not particulary brilliant for now.
>>
>>49255310

read

>>49255261

It's not like you have no say in the development of Endhammer.
>>
Alright nay-sayers and haters - if you don't like Endhammer, what would you change?

It seems that the vocal minority disagrees with the idea of a post-apocalyptic AU for Warhammer, for...reasons?

So if you could continue from the Storm of Chaos, what would you change? What great advances in the story would you want?
>>
>>49255324
Only stupid shit gets anything less than shot down immediately, because anything that possibly keeps an echo of identity from the original faction is "gay! do you not understand the point of the post apocalypse?!"

I don't feel bad at all that my ideas and suggestions were all called shit and immediately shot down when the ones doing it managed to create a setting more skubtastic than the actual endtimes. Or AoS for that matter. I'm just glad other people are finally seeing what me and at least one other Anon have been saying for the past few threads
>inb4 b-but the polls!
It's all anonymous so I can't be 100% but it's really just 10, probably less, guys who actually discuss endhammer and try to put forth ideas. 50+ votes for a bunch of lurkers who hardly give a shit about this project anyways and are forced to pick one of the very limited options aren't going to give you a very accurate result.

Community group project like this almost never work because it's just one dudes fan fiction that he already knows how he wants into turn out, and we're expected to just fill out the blanks. Anything that deviates from his original plan gets shot down because he already had an idea how he wanted things to turn out. That's why I or other anons don't put forth our own settings, because i don't give a shit what you guys think about it and regardless of how well it fits what I want it to do, people will hate it for whatever which reason. If i posted my setting where the forces of order managed to fight off the chaos invasion, and someone kept insisting i sink Ulthuan or force imperial disunity for the sake of advancing the plot, I'd call their ideas shit. Same goes for endhammer, the dude who pitched it originally and the new elf idea guy already know what they want, any suggestions we have that don't fit thatbwill be called gay and get shot down
>>
>>49255407
It's just one bitch baby crying that no one liked his ideas, has gained no traction in selling his dumb ideas, so now he's trying to play it off as if everyone else is stupid and he's the misunderstood genius when really, he's just got a whole lot of hurt feelings for being laughed at.
>>
Ok, now that we have after almost 3 days finally established that there are people inherently opposed to Endhammer, we can go on discussing Endhammer without you caring about it, right?
>>
>>49255407
The endtimes general storyline without all the chaos wank and author fiat. An outcome closer to SoC where the invasion is pushed back but at great cost. Nothing major needs to change about the factions, it's just a new story with new scenarios to play in. No dumb shit like sinking Ulthuan and giving your high elves a reason to fight other high elves. Main points of divergence would be

>no Lileath plot
>no chaos gods directly intervening
>no Malekith was right all along
>all factions behave how they normally woukd and continue where they left off in their latest rulebooks

The no Lileath plot has a ton of ripples, like the elves and dwarfs managing to rescue Aliathra and the wood elves being strong enough to defend their borders effectively.
>>
>>49255407
The one guy just wants a hardline maintenance of the status quo.
>>
>>49255505
You wish it was just one person, and I wish I was that dedicated to samefagging that I constantly change up my posting style and accidentally reply to my own posts. Get it through your thick skull, your setting is so shit tier that the actual ET is better than it minus the final killing blow. I'm not the only one who sees this, I was merely the first.
>>
>>49255584
>You wish it was just one person
It's mostly just you, time after time.
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 980x1040px
>It is also an experiment to see how easily /tg/ can come up with a better story than Games Workshop.
>>
>>49255601
And it's mostly just you stubbornly defending it, what do?
>>
>>49255627
I'm not defending shit, I'm mostly just pointing out a salty bitch.
>>
>>49255324
>It's not like you have no say in the development of Endhammer.

The problem is that a line between creators/writers and players/readers is absolutely fundamental in a fictional setting. Without this all the effort is useless.

What kind of mistery is going to make the lore experts debate for hours now? What twist is going to surprise them? They are all openly debated and democratically settled!

>"o wow I can't believe that 45 anons voted for option 1 instead of option 5, now xxx is something completely opposed to what I would like, I was so wrong about everything..."

You can see this on every WF thread, there's very few discussion about the lore, it's all about if my vision is better than your vision when in the end, without a creator/consumer differenciation there's no canon, so is completely impossible to establish a common ground for everyone. And because of this is just pointless.

The mere existance of endhammer is a prove that people will deny what they don't like and make their own lore. Now even more because there's no creator establishing the canon with authority, starting with endhammer itself.
>>
>>49255685
bla bla bla things will never be like they once were bla bla bla

okay we got you, thanks for the input, now please cease to bother the Endhammer people if you can't enjoy it.
>>
>>49255661
You have nothing but poor personal attacks now. You think im salty my ideas got shot down? If anything I'm amused they didnt when literal shit made it in. Shit that's getting ripped apart by multiple anons. But in sure they're just salty bitches because my particular ideas didn't make it in, right?

Also, you keep wishing so hard all these posts were me because you can't accept that more than one person could see your little fanfic as shit tier. And that everyone who criticizes it MUST only be doing it because they're mad about getting their ideas rejected
>>
>>49255738
you literally just confirmed it.
>>
>>49255738
At least you're starting to admit the main reason you're crying is because everyone thought your ideas were stupid. It's pure hurt feelings on your part.

I never thought I'd actually say this but it all just boils down to one thing:

You mad.

And that's sad.
>>
File: take_your_meds_buddy.jpg (153KB, 1063x894px) Image search: [Google]
take_your_meds_buddy.jpg
153KB, 1063x894px
>>49255505
For the record I wrote this.

>>49255196
>>49255246
>>49255310
>>49255685

And people like you are another factor that will make endhammer fail. Nothing more cancerpous in a project like this than a idiot going personal with the critics.
>>
>>49255789
oh Endhammer is doing dandy.

Even if it isn't exposed to your bitching fits on /tg/, it's still fine.
>>
>>49255734
You surely are full of arguments, congratulations.
>>
>>49255806
Arguments for what? we aren't even arguing about anything in particular, you are just labourously explaining why a community project you don't like has to fail, because it doesn't appeal to you.

There's no argument to be made here, I can't argue against your personal opinion.

I don't like the colour blue, give me an argument why I should.
>>
>>49255617
Underrated post.
>>
File: Cal41.jpg (116KB, 485x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cal41.jpg
116KB, 485x600px
don't mind me, just the best Character in the entire Universe coming through.
>>
>>49256049
I didn't know that Karl Franz has lance and adorable pointy ears, though now i have image of him riding imperial dragon.
>>
>>49256107
>muh Franz
Every time, every thread.
>>
>>49256113
Its not like humanity has other badass champion as him except Sigmar, and they are pretty much same thing.
>>
>>49256131
literally every single Elector Count ever named has more character and personality than Karly Sue.
>>
File: AENARION72dpi.jpg (77KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
AENARION72dpi.jpg
77KB, 640x633px
>>49256107
the imperial dragon isn't even 2000 years old and a fatass.

Any Sun Dragon would rip him to pieces.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 662x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 662x800px
>>49256049
>Caledor travels back in time
>decomissions the Warp gates before they can blow up
>jabs aenarions 3 months pregnant mom in the stomach with the force of a hundred suns
>travels forward in time a bit
>rapes a teenage morathi to death
>throws the Widowmaker across the sea to the old world where all the lower races begin to genocide each other
>Throws the Everqueen into Asuryans Pyre to see what happens
>Elves go on to rule the entire planet in peace forever after
>even the Slann admit "that plan was far better than the old one's" and devolve back into giant toads

That's my personal headcanon for what happens shortly before the End Times, forever preventing the End Times and subsequently saving the whole Setting.

I also really like illustrations of Castles, please post illustrated Castles, both historical examples like pic related, and more fantastial ones the Bretons would build.
>>
>>49256154
>Leitdorf - crazy jackass who died to orc
>Leibwitz - milf who likes /ss/ and whore in general
>Todbringer - his only friend is shitsmearing one-eyed furry
>Raukov - !not slav
>others - who
>KFC - dude who likes to stand in front line with his men, loves plays with vampire girls and has grown with catbird.
>>
File: kfc.jpg (212KB, 652x305px) Image search: [Google]
kfc.jpg
212KB, 652x305px
Karl is also smug smartass.
>>
>>49254590
>Oh my Asuryan, do you guys like, not wait a century before drinking your wine? Ugh, gross.
Sounds like an average reiklander to me.
>>
>Nagash stared down at him, and Sigmar fought against that dread gaze, feeling his limbs fill with ice water and lead. Twin orbs of deathly green fire stared at Sigmar, eyes that had seen the world before men had walked the lands he now ruled. Thousands of years separated them, an ocean of time that Sigmar found impossible to comprehend. He could no more imagine the world of such long ago days as he could imagine the Empire in thousands of years to come.

>I will show you…

>The voice was like continents colliding, a deathly cadence that owed nothing to an actual voice. It was the sound of death itself. Sigmar staggered as he saw a land of forests and mountains, its people divided and the world in turmoil. Blood stained every rock, and the glint of iron weapons was everywhere. Armies of such size as to defy imagination marched all across this land, destroying everything in their path without mercy.

>Bodies lay gutted by the roadside, men, women and children. Still-living captives were bound to stakes and left for the animals to devour. Sigmar saw slaughter and blood everywhere, hacked up corpses and bodies burned alive in their homes. He wept to see such destruction visited upon his people and his anger built as he sought the source of this debauchery. His gaze fell upon an army marching to a city at the confluence of many rivers. Colourful banners fluttered overhead, and the soldiers were clad in equally gaudy uniforms.

>They marched in disciplined ranks, singing songs of martial pride, and Sigmar wept to see that this was no army of monsters, beasts of the undead. These were men. Worse, they were men of the Empire.

>Look closer…

>Though he knew it was what Nagash wanted, Sigmar could not help himself. He saw the army’s banners were decorated with skulls and laurels, crossed spears and spread-winged eagles. And upon all of them were stitched scrolls, each bearing a single word.

>Sigmar.
>>
File: Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork-2.jpg (21KB, 321x448px) Image search: [Google]
Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork-2.jpg
21KB, 321x448px
>>49256609
>These were warriors who fought in his name. They carried weapons of unusual design, wooden staves like the thunder bows of the dwarfs, and wagons bearing unfamiliar war machines drew up the rear of the marching column. Two metal behemoths followed the supply wagons, lumbering contraptions on iron-rimmed wheels that belched steam and black smoke from square fireboxes at their rear.

>This is the world you have created. This is blood that will be spilled in your name. Is it not better to leave this world and let the race of man fall into decline? Your species resurgent is one that lives only for destruction and uncertainty. It knows no other way. The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead do not fight one another. The dead have no desires, no petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace…

>Sigmar fought against the necromancer’s words, understanding that their battle would be fought in the realm of the spirit as well as that of the flesh. He closed his eyes, willing this vision away, knowing that Nagash would seek to defeat him with lies cloaked in truths.

>‘This may be a true vision of the future Empire,’ hissed Sigmar. ‘But a world of death is a world of stagnation, without the change that makes it worthwhile. What you call uncertainty, I call life itself.’

So who was in the right? Nagash or Sigmar?
>>
>>49256623
>Empire is bad because of genociding chaos worshipping savages meme
>>
>>49256664
Nagash showed Sigmar a vision of the future where Empire men were slaughtering their own countrymen in a civil war and they were doing it in the name of Sigmar.
>>
>>49255546
You want LITERALLY nothing to happen than; No Nagash means no Endtimes. What even changes? Its just the same as normal WHFB
>>
>>49254957
press k
>>
>>49256623
>So who was in the right? Nagash or Sigmar?
>skeleton who is about to get his shit pushed in.
>does magical mumbo jumbo to win
yeah, nagash was in the right because people like to fight.

He is like your average 15 year old edgelord coming up with solutions to complex socioeconomic problems via the power of complete and utter cringe.

>"If poor people were castrated the world wouldn't be overpopulated!"
>:If everyone was dead everything would be at peace"
>>
File: 1466461259133.jpg (13KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1466461259133.jpg
13KB, 192x192px
>>49256623
>Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork
>Bugmans
>>
The people opposed to Endhammer is literally two guys samefagging and replying to each other. Stop responding to them. They're trolling you.
>>
>>49256941
>muh perfect endhammer lore decided by vote.

oh please. All this tzeench tier change is just a chaotic clusterfuck.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (14KB, 242x206px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
14KB, 242x206px
>>49256912
>bfme2 is dead
>its been dead for a decade
>>
>>49256961
suggest a better option than voting, then

or make your own personal continuation, where you can just develop your own ideas

>implying change is bad
>>
>>49257067
Stop responding to the troll
>>
>>49257067
Or how about you guys stop putting everything to a vote and just lay down the ground rules and let people who want to use it take it from there.

I am totally fine with whatever nonsense initially decided by the vote. People get pissed off when everything about the faction changes but only the name remains the same.

The empire which was a bastion of humanity where technological progress and magical research went hand in hand along with blind worship is now the buttmonkey of the entire setting, but survives nonetheless.

>>49257082
>point out that your setting is just as bad as what it is supposed to replace if not worse.
>"s-stop trolling"
>>
>>49257019
It was just reheated bfme1 with multiplayer that is fucked in a slightly different way. It's a wonder it lived as long as it did.
>>
>>49257122
It had pretty fun factions to be quite honest.

>"Let your beards flow!"

king dain was positively cuddly.
>>
>tobaro is part of estalia instead of tilea in WTW

But that's wrong

Also can anyone tell me whether Mordheim is a good game or not? It's on sale on steam for like 2/3 off.
>>
>>49257427
its an x-com esque game set in the warhammer universe.
If you are really into those games, I suppose it works.
>>
>>49257116
I will hope you are not trolling and respond

The setting had one big problem, Archaon/Chaos, it has been built as "Chaos tries to kill everybody, but are eventually pushed back at a great cost" and the recent editions have focused even more on the "imminent Chaos threat" with Archaon being crowned Everchosen and everything

at this point you can either:
>pull an End Times and kill everybody because setting can't progress otherwise
>pull a Storm of Chaos and have Chaos lose, at a huge cost
>pull an actual Storm of Chaos and have Chaos utterly lose at the first battle, which, as hilarious as it is, it's also horribly skubtastic and takes away any seriousness the setting had

Endhammer goes for the 2nd, with Chaos coming from the Wastes, Kislev and the Empire took most of the burnt, but all races suffered the invasion due to other threats, Changes to the Lizardmen and High elves also make sense, since they have always been in some shitty places to justify any conflict

Drastic times, drastic change, nothing wrong with that, and all races still keep their own character, the only thing is that the most radical Mary Sues have been purged (Karl Franz, Archaon, Valten for example) and the "Deus Ex Machina" too, which I completely agree with, and according to the general response, seems to be the general consensus

Also, the Empire's technological progress and magical research have gone nowhere, only their borders have changed

Also, considering that the amount of pissed people stays relatively small on a forum known for contrarians, I'd not be so quick to judge

also, everytime you type "your setting is just as bad as what it is supposed to replace if not worse." you make yourself sound more like a troll, you may not agree with Endhammer, but it's miles ahead of "The Incarnate squad saves the day, and Mannfred ruins it for everybody!"
>>
>>49257427
It's a RNG game, with everything good and bad that such a thing carries, shit can go down if you fail a critical roll or you may be succesful in the most shitty of situations

If you like commanding a warband of cripples (who got crippled thanks to you) it may be your thing :^)
>>
>>49257427
Mordheim was...a disappointment. Not a bad game, but you'll tire of it quickly. It just didn't live up to it's full potential, is all.

>>49257532
What's been happening with the Orcs and Goblins through Endhammer?

I'd like to see more info on the Dwarfs, but it looks like most of the Dwarf ideas have been pretty unified and accepted, so I suppose they can wait. Where are the Orcs at?
>>
>>49254590
>you will never be enchanted by the beauty of an Asrai while travelling through some ruined elven outpost in the forest
>you will never cuddle her as she runs her hands over your chest, muttering things in another language
>you will never gently nuzzle her and smell the sweetness of her hair, rich in the scent of flowers, and draw a sudden burst of laughter from the fae when you touch her ear
>you will never be forced to chose between following her into the forest, whatever that would mean, and leaving her forever
>>
I could see Talabheim surviving if it's really a sticking point for people. I liked the visuals of the lake of nurgle pus, but it could instead be a very-fucked up but weathered city which survives.

Drew a map for possible changes to the Chaos campaigns for Endhammer.

Glottkin is Green. Archaon's main chaos host is Red. Skaven are purple.

Glottkin come down and get bogged down as they try to destroy Marienburg. They then branch off to hit Altdorf. Same as before, except they don't make the detour to Talabheim.

Archaon's host comes down in two prongs. One to Averheim and one to Middenheim. Some of them spread out and attack Hochland/Talabecland.

Skaven come from Nuln and Ubersreik to join the chaos attack on Averheim.
>>
File: Endhammer Chaos Campaign.jpg (717KB, 1596x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Endhammer Chaos Campaign.jpg
717KB, 1596x1024px
>>49257795
I should probably include the fucking map.
>>
>>49255773
>states exactly the opposite
>lel you Buttmad your ideas got shot down
Okay dude, keep believing what you want. Keep responding to other anons thinking its me, keep thinking it's only one person who thinks your sub-AoS tier shitty fan fiction is bad, and keep thinking it's because of hurt feelings. Your setting is everything that was wrong with the endtimes in the first place, except now it's fanfiction. Your only arguments against that are
>it's better than status quo!
>n-no I'm not mad, you're mad!
Both of which are false. I'm done with cluttering up half this genteral with this shit flinging contest, no one is going to win it.
>>
>>49257532

>its miles ahead
arguably not.
It misses characterization far more than the end times
>malekith draws the widowmaker, the sword he saw destroy his father.

>high elves whose entire race is tied to ulthuan to an absurd extent now become refugees

>nothing wrong with drastic change
except again, it completely changes the factions to an unrecognizable extent. The dwarves who put hearth and home above everything else now lose all their mountainhomes bar one. All their grudges and shit are lost. Places like barak varr or kraka drak are gone.

The empire is now border princes tier in terms of relevance from being the bulwark against chaos complete with Dumb and Dumber bickering over who gets to be emperor.
Altdorf which was the spiritual, engineering(arguably) and magical capital of the empire is now something out of fallout 4 in terms of absurdness.
Of the three things that make the empire great, two have been destroyed by endhammer to raise the stakes.

Bretonnia just underwent a divine purge and became a revolutionary vanguard led by emperor Napoleon who actually came back from the dead and made every peasant a knight.

hell the factions we barely knew about get changed completely, like ind.
also, I agree with >>49257834 Its not going anywhere..

Forget this was ever a conversation, and lets try and ignore each other shall we.
>>
>>49257901
>>49257834
samefag
>>
File: ok bud.png (15KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ok bud.png
15KB, 1920x1080px
>>49257980
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 750x1334px
>>49257980
You're just asking to get btfo
>>
>>49257901
>All their grudges and shit are lost. Places like barak varr or kraka drak are gone.

You make it sound like shit like that isn't canonically accurate. The Dwarfs have lost holds. Reclaiming them are a major part of dwarfish campaigns. This is literally the dumbest thing you've said so far.
>>
>>49258043
fuck, I fucked that one up.
>>
>>49258047
Using your phone to comment ain't hard.
>>
>>49258052
>the dwarves lose some holds but are still clustered around the grey mountains and to the east of the empire, allowing them to maintain a thriving network with the empire.
>everything is suddenly lost and the biggest trade partners of the dwarves are all but dead.
>>
>>49258100
sure thing buddy. Its just me against the glorious endhammer community.
you should pitch this idea to GW once AoS gets memed on.
>>
>>49258120

So? I mean, Endhammer has a lot of shit that doesn't make a lot of sense - but at least it's been voted on and is what the majority wants. But complaining that the Dwarfs lost holds when that's basically the only thing they ever do is just ridiculous.

If you want to bitch about Endhammer stuff, complain about the automatons ideas or keeping the super plagues.
>>
>>49258047

What the fuck are you doing up and on /tg/ at 6am?
>>
>>49257802
>>49258151
Look at this map. Avoids the super plagues and just makes the Glottkin a nurglite invasion.
>>
>>49258171
>not waking up at 4 to watch what shenanigans fa/tg/uys are up to.
>>
>>49257734
>>49254590
>>49254363
Someone write a short story or something.
>>
>>49258308
There once was a man who fell in love with an elf.
And on a whim he took her away for himself.

They went to the Empire to fight beastmen.
And kill chaos spawn every now and then.

But one faithful night he awoke with a shock!
To find her bent over for fat, Norscan cock.
>>
Is there any legitimate reason The Wasteland is called The Wasteland, other than the Empire being pretty and not wanting to refer to it by the proper name of Westerland?
>>
>>49259083
It's full of human waste
>>
File: 1461188441723.jpg (2MB, 2388x3009px) Image search: [Google]
1461188441723.jpg
2MB, 2388x3009px
>>49259083
I'd think the huge marches are a reason for that.

Also: does anyone here have any ideas for my question I asked in this thread: >>49258806
>>
>>49259314
The entire world is, that's no reason.

>>49259336
>I'd think the huge marches are a reason for that.

But those were always there, even when it was Westerland. "The Wasteland" makes it sound like there was some cataclysmic event that ruined the place.
>>
>>49257802
Has it ever bothered anyone else that different maps show the northern arrow pointing in different directions?
>>
>>49252110
I was going to be in an online game that died at the "meet at the inn" phase, but god I want to use some variation of that character before I die.

My character was generated by the GM with dice rolls, and I got a whaler-navigator-explorer with the skeleton mutation (I was Norse and this game was going to be based out of Skeggi, the Norse town in Lustria)

It would have been so fucking sick, man. I'd basically be a skeleton pirate with 1000 starting gold in a setting where an average farmer's annual income before expenses is ~5-10 gold. I got myself a bunch of best quality opera masks and shawls and fake boobs to hide my condition if need b.
>>
>>49259689
Forgot the picture. And I was technically from Nordland, but I was ethnically norse and fluffed the mutation as being a side effect of a mutant whale eating me and spitting me out.
>>
File: 1446548760610.jpg (249KB, 1274x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1446548760610.jpg
249KB, 1274x1920px
>>49252110
I gm a monthly game of 2e
>>
>>49258308
I'd think a better story would be one of those human shota serving boys and their wood elf masters.
>>
>>49259824
>>49252110
Same here, and I still write fan material.
>>
So like... do the Endhammer detractors just want us to move the timeline forward? So that everything is 'slightly changed' but the same as before? A rebuilt Empire under a new leader like... thirty years after the End Times? I don't get it. If you want that, why not just play in a pre-Endhammer setting and ignore it? I thought the whole appeal was the post-apocalyptic nature of the setting and how everything's fucked up for most of the races.
>>
>>49252110
I run a weekly game of it.
>>
>>49260985
don't think too hard about it, they bitch and moan about everything.
>>
>>49260985
'oh no us poor elf fags wanting everyone but the elves to eat shit we're so bullied'
>>
/r/ Mannlet von Carstein be dead in Endhammer.
>>
>>49261125
No no. I can understand the desire for simply a "new period" in the timeline. Like, an Empire set in the real-world 1700s with more sophisticated muskets and judges wearing wigs. But that's not the point of a post-apocalyptic setting.

Marienburg and Altdorf don't need to be destroyed forever. Carthage was razed... and then Tunis arose in the exact same location.
>>
Gimme Endhammer rules for Kruber, Saltzpyre, Bardin, Sienna, and Kerillian.
>>
>>49259083
Actually, yes. It's mostly shitty, marshy land that cannot be easily developed or rocky badlands. Closer to the sea you have salt marshes which are just absolute shit. It's lousy with beastmen and worse things.
>>
>>49261050
Yeah dude, endhammer is perfect. ignore the one hater samefagging because he will bitch about anything for no reason. Im sure his complaints have nothing to do with how we wrote this setting. I honestly can't see why anyone would complain about it, we finally brought much needed change to a very stale setting
>>
File: 1446548823579.jpg (223KB, 1200x1507px) Image search: [Google]
1446548823579.jpg
223KB, 1200x1507px
>>49260667
what are you writing?
Have you thought about anything that could be interesting to my campaign?

It's about a comet that fell from earth on the birthday of Sigmar and they have different employers that want them to fetch it somewhere in the borderlands.
Aside from the blue order of magic and the Church of Sigmar some Cultists want the stones as well to do some big bad I won|t talk about incase a player visits this board
>>
>>49257734
>you will never be forced to chose between following her into the forest, whatever that would mean, and leaving her forever

It's not really come up, but there's a play with this basic concept in my game. Knight falls in love with an elven maiden after a chance encounter, rebuffs her due to his duties, asks for a favor of hers, gets something plant-based.

Each time the two meet again, he's older and more haggard. Eventually, he dies gloriously.

He kept the favor. It's in pristine condition.
>>
>>49261277
>Yeah dude, endhammer is perfect.

who ever said that?

It's just spergs who can't understand what a work in progress is.
>>
>>49261277
Endhammer isn't perfect by any means, and there probably won't be a way to make everyone happy. It's not like everyone was happy with the setting before ET anyway.

All we can do is agree to disagree. Some people will want Endhammer, some will want 9th Age, some would rather stay in pre-ET lore, or even head back into the past of Warhammer. I wouldn't mind an Age of Sigmar that was about Sigmar uniting the tribes of what would become the Empire.
>>
At a bare minimum, I want Mannfred dead (for good, no resurrection possible) in Endhammer.
>>
>>49261518
As it stands, he's one of few Vampire heroes.

He's been exiled to the Border Princes. And it's been suggested he lose a magic duel to Balthasar Gelt who steals his books.
>>
>>49261518
Mannfred is quite the cunt, with Tyrions possy being set up in the Border Princes, we could have a "The Hunt for Mannfred von Carstein" Arc.

Could be played out both in RPG and Tabletop by skirmishes with VCs, Human Mercs, Greenskins, Dwarfs, and Helfs duking it out in the region, for tabletop.

And adventurers being sent to search for clues on Carsteins whereabouts, for RPG
>>
Victor Saltzpyre: Empire Hero Unit
>One of few men to take the Skaven threat seriously before the End Times, the one-eyed witch hunter first met the ratmen during a chance encounter while hunting a vampire thrall in the depths of a mine. He was smack-dab in the middle of Ubersreik and part of the city's resistance against the ratman horde. Now, he continues his crusade against the filth of the Under Empire.

>Stats
M4 WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 LD9

Troop Type:
>Infantry (Character)

Special Rules
>>Magic Resistance (2)
>>Accusation
>>Grim Resolve
>>Saltzpyre's Tools of Judgement: In addition to the normal creatures affected by Tools of Judgment, Saltzpyre may also reroll failed rolls to Wound against Skaven.
>>Ratcatcher: Saltzpyre has (Hatred) towards Skaven and any unit he joins also gains (Hatred) towards Skaven.
>>Bodyguard: Any challenges against Saltzpyre may instead be taken by his bodyguard, Markus Kruber.

Markus Kruber
>Markus Kruber is the former leader of the 8th Ostland Swords. After his regiment was annihilated in a battle with a necromancer, the captain turned to drinking his nights away in a tavern... where he was picked up by Victor Saltzpyre.

Stats
>M4 WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W2 I5 A3 Ld8

Special Rules
>Hold the Line!
>Bodyguard: Must always be attached to Saltzpyre unless Saltzpyre is dead.
>>
>>49261536
>As it stands, he's one of few Vampire heroes.

Make up a new one? Bring back one of the ones who's always present but never does anything? Mannlet is a shit character, always has been, always will be. Something has to happen to the VCs besides them just getting their best hero back.
>>
File: Warhammer the New Order.png (4MB, 1811x925px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer the New Order.png
4MB, 1811x925px
>>49250262
>Then ignore it if you don't like it? Or make your own Endhammer? With Blackjack and hookers?
And it'll have imperialism and shit!
>>
>>49261966
Hm, should Kruber have a higher BS than Saltzpyre?
>>
>>49261334
A rulebook on Araby, also thinking about doing some rules and a guide for playing Tomb Kings, since I feel like you could get a lot more potential than people think out of them.

https://mega.nz/#!akchXTZS!h48mBELBwOW3fATh2mOl-6tXmOYGBuh5ZoPeAr249y8

I guess if your campaign is set in the borderlands you could make the Arabyans or Tomb Kings an interested party too.
>>
>>49262441
arabyan influences will definately be there, thanks
>>
>>49257532
Yeah but Endtimes wasn't full of Beastmen wank, when they are canonically the shittiest faction in the setting.
>>
>>49255617
1d4chan was a mistake
>>
Endhammer is shit.
>>
>>49262328
Kruber uses a rifle and a repeater pistol. But this is just a first run through.

>>49262873
Whatever, samefag.

>>49262034
Empire becomes Prussia with magic?
>>
File: From left to right.png (2MB, 1843x733px) Image search: [Google]
From left to right.png
2MB, 1843x733px
>>49262981
>Empire becomes Prussia with magic?
Empire becomes Prussia with magic!
>>
>>49263009
This would mean that the Empire spends a hundred years not sure how to beat Kislevite winged lancers with guns. And then finally makes faster reloading guns.

(Silly Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden, thinking guns could beat Polish cavalry...)

Though, it does make you wonder how an early modern military would tackle the threat of chaos (especially given that Chaos Warrior armor seems to be able to stop small calibre bullets, sometimes)
>>
>>49263009
Another interesting note. Military historian Arther Ferril argues that military tactics changed so little over history that even by Napoleon's time, if you put an ancient army up against an early modern army headed by a good enough general, the ancient army might actually win.

His classic example is if you put Alexander the Great at Waterloo, he might have won. With the important caveat that Alexander's troops be used to artillery/musket fire like other armies of the time.
>>
>>49263101
I don't know, there are a fair number of examples in fights between European powers and countries like China and on some level India where medieval forces were soundly beaten by early modern ones.

Then again, I've also heard arguments that if Napoleon had trained and equipped his troops with longbows at Waterloo, the rate of fire relative to a musket would have allowed him to win, so you can argue that medieval weaponry was sound enough. Just medieval tactics would have become grossly outdated.
>>
File: The Great Southern War.jpg (573KB, 1599x1093px) Image search: [Google]
The Great Southern War.jpg
573KB, 1599x1093px
>>49263065
>This would mean that the Empire spends a hundred years not sure how to beat Kislevite winged lancers with guns. And then finally makes faster reloading guns.
Kislev got BTFO by Chaos. Everybody got BTFO by Chaos. Even the Empire got BFTO by Chaos before Chaos got BTFO by everyone.

Like how Endhammer is everybody getting fucked, but this is a thousand years after the great fucking so everybody is a virgin again through sheer sex deprivation.

This is an idea people had before, but there wasn't much interest.
>>
>>49262783
They deserve to be wanked once in a blue moon tbqh, and wanking is fine as long as no other faction suffers from it (unless you want to count >Ind)
>>
File: laughingdrills.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
laughingdrills.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>49263434
>Bad Mistake: The Colony
>>
>>49263315
Yes. Muskets of the period had an effective range of 50 yards (and most commanders didn't fire until 30-20 yards -- the "whites of the eyes" command was real).

Longbows are much longer, and given the almost complete lack of armor in the period, and the fact that French lancers did such damage to the english cuirassiers that the British began using lancers again after Waterloo, a well-trained (and of similar size) medieval army might have been able to win.

And comparing Alexander to ramshackle Indian/Chinese slave armies is a bit silly. Alexander's Makedonians were some of the best drilled and best trained warriors ever. The ability to turn the phalanx on a dime, for example.

>>49263434
The Kislev reference was a joke about the complete dominance of the Polish Winged Hussars during the "Pike and Shotte" period. People like to talk about the Siege of Vienna, but that was literally the largest cavalry charge in European history.

You should see the Polish Hussars winning 10-1 odds against Russian and Swedish armies armed with muskets and cannons. It was ridiculous.

Age of Exploration and colonies would be pretty fun, no doubt.

(I want Albion kingdom plz)
>>
File: Lady's League of Bretonnia.jpg (346KB, 855x622px) Image search: [Google]
Lady's League of Bretonnia.jpg
346KB, 855x622px
>>49264262
Figured it was a reference to something historic.
>(I want Albion kingdom plz)
I wouldn't do an Albion kingdom, personally. Not much information on them.
>>
File: Claves.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Claves.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49255617
And the answer was "fail"
>>
>>49264262
Imagine if Alexander had managed to get his troops into Warring States China. Would've been an assfucking on the level of the Opium Wars.
>>
>>49264344
I know Bretonnia is France+England, but it was still always a shame. :(

I suspect GW wanted to nip UK bias in the bud.
>>
>>49264523
It was nice to focus on France and Germany a little. Think how rarely they get focused on.
>>
>>49264513
Honestly? It would have been a fucking joke.

Granted, the armies of China far outnumbered anything the west or the near-east produced, but Alexander fought all of his major battles at a numerical disadvantage and won handily.

The CLOSEST he came to a true defeat was Granicus when he had his helmet dented by a Lycian axemen, but was saved by his men.
>>
>>49264563
Idea for a new Bretonnian character based on John Hawkwood.

John Hawkwood was the condottieri leader of the "White Company," a mercenary company which operated in Italy. He was born a simple, low-class englishman who became a longbowman, travelled, became a professional soldier, and eventually amassed so much power and wealth he became a famous leader of men in Italy.

"Jean Hawkwood, formerly a Bretonnian longbowman. Now commanding Miragliano or Pavona as its Captain-General and styling himself as 'Il Duque."
>>
>>49264262
muh polish hussars got rekt by ramshackle turkic skirmishers one month after the battle of vienna
>>
>>49264703
Bretonnians don't mercenary, anon. If you start giving them mercenaries and cannons, and conquering not!Italy, what's to separate them from the Empire?
>>
>>49264950
I didn't say he was a mercenary. It's just based on the historical mercenary, John Hawkwood.

In Endhammer, the Brets launch errantry wars to 'reconquer' Estalia and Tilea from the Skaven. But many Bretonnians end up sticking around and ruling the ruins themselves. The idea would be that Jean (his lastname should probably be changed so it's not exactly the same) is one of the newly-uplifted knights, an old Villein for a Longbow unit. And he sets himself up as leader of a Tilean city-state (nominally in the name of Le Breton).
>>
So, Dwarf players and Endhammer lore buffs!

If we are going to let the Dwarfs keep Everpeak and retake Zhufbar/Barak Varr, does Ungrim still fight at the battle of Averheim to save the humans?

In addition, if Grimm's taking a bigger role, what does this mean beyond "Dwarfs embrace more technologies." Does anyone have any new rules for him? New units for the Dwarfs?
>>
>>49265141
I think the "more technologies" thing should be omitted. There aren't any more technological models coming out, and making unified rules for "fan made" models is a bitch.

I as a Dwarf expert also don't think concentrating them all in Everpeak is a good development, it if anything it takes away from the Dwarf uniqueness of having semi independent holds.
>>
>>49265367
There's still the Grey Mountains. Karak Norn. Karak Ziflin.
>>
File: Tale-of-Fantasy-Gamers-07.jpg (128KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tale-of-Fantasy-Gamers-07.jpg
128KB, 900x600px
Ah I get it, it's funny because instead of getting raped to death and eaten by Beastmen, she'll get raped to death and Eaten by Orion.
>>
>>49265560
What the fuck is a Karak Ziflin? It must be smaller and less affluent than even Norn.
>>
>>49265896
At least he is prettier.
>>
>>49265901
North of Karak Norn. East of Reikland. Southeast of Marienburg. Another small Grey Mountains hold.

According to Vermintide, they're small and connected enough to share a Ranger corps. Bardin is said to be a Ranger working in the Grey Mountains, protecting both holds.

There's also Karak Izor, south of Karak Norn, but I think it's south enough that the Grey Mountains turn into the Tilean Vaults by then. And it's so close to Skavenblight it would have been munched.
>>
>>49265896
Forgot the Wood Elfs are man-eaters.
>>
File: castle_1467221634.jpg (152KB, 1024x547px) Image search: [Google]
castle_1467221634.jpg
152KB, 1024x547px
>>49266121

NEW THREAD

And a question for everyone migrating there, how would Lothric Castle from DS3 hold up in the Warhammer Universe

High Wall, plus Bridge and the Keep itself should do really well, seeing how it's slightly above the dimension sometimes depicted in Artwork.
>>
>>49263315
>>49264262
>indians
>slave forces
>soundly beaten by the brits

Look up the first maratha war. It was a tactical defeat for the BEIC even though it was a white peace in EU4 terms. The BEIC, seeking more favorable termsfrom the maratha clans tried to stage a march on Poona and force a surrender.

Their forces regularly had their supply lines raided and were starved into surrender for the most part.

Same with tipu sultan using rockets, and musketeers with the help of cavalry.

One of the few rare things about the BEIC no one talks about is how their cavalry forces were largely recruited in the native style, complete with chainmail, eastern pistols and lances.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.