[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 27

File: Gitaxian Probe.jpg (154KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Gitaxian Probe.jpg
154KB, 480x680px
Nourishing Lich to top the next GP. Prepare your sideboard now.

>Playing?
>Sideboard?
>Silver bullets for the local meta? What does your meta look like?
>Git Probe turn one on the play. To your horror you see...

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
https://sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/
>>
Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Dragon Stompy
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Sea Stompy
>Spanish Inquisition
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)
>>
Hoping to get my final mtgo league match with nourishing lich in this weekend. If I can go 3-2 i'I'll consider it a success.
>>
File: kambalconsulofallocation.jpg (45KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kambalconsulofallocation.jpg
45KB, 265x370px
I've been working my monoblack control into b/w, excited to work with this guy since I have a slower, more creature based meta here
>>
>>49249153
Post your list. Are you going to rock Thalia? Maybe Sculler? Also, what's your reasoning behind using that guy? Wouldn't it be a better choice for a more spell based meta?
>>
>>49249055
>Turn 1 probe
I see a cloudpost
>>
>>49249200
No Thalia atm, Scullers are on there still working on the list, I'll be sure to post it when I can. He's mostly to punish Force of Wills trying to stop my kill spells and hand disruption.
>>
>>49249055
>>Playing?
Enchantress, dredge, Canadian threshold
>>Sideboard?
For enchantress i run a wishboard of hatebears with gaddock teeg, Emrakul and Sigarda
>>Silver bullets for the local meta? What does your meta look like?
I run Leyline mainboard cuz lots of storm, and they can't answer it easily on G1
>>
>>49249069
>still no Omnitell
>>
>Playing?
Loam Pox
>Sideboard?
4 Leyline of the Void
3 Sphere of Resistance
3 Ensnaring Bridge
2 Toxic Deluge
2 Chains of Mephistopheles
1 Karakas
I started running a Ghost Quarter for all the nerds running 1-3 basics to combat Wasteland.
My meta has a couple reanimator players, a dredge player, a DnT player, a couple Miracles players, about 3 delver-based decks of varied colors and builds, a MUD player (who will sometimes play a surprise Eldrazi deck), a lands player, a punishing jund player, and a couple affinity decks.
RiP, Blood Moon, Painful Truths, Pithing needle, Plains, Mountain, Swamp
I have no fucking clue what deck they are playing, but it would be annoying as fuck to do any kind of loam or discard shenanigans against them.
>>
>>49249055

volc, strand, sudden shock, sudden shock, sudden shock, delver, delver
>>
>>49249388
I forgot to mention the one dude who has the cards to play almost any deck.
>>
>>49249390
Is Delver really that bad of a match for you?
>>
>>49249390
>>49249423
Nvm I forgot what split second did for 4 seconds. Still is Delver a good or bad Matchup for you?
>>
>>49249423
I think the point is that 3 sudden shocks will effectively keep him from dealing damage until turn 6 or 7. The whole time 2 delvers are beating him off.
>>
>>49249450
no, not really. the delvers were just to represent a clock because there's probably some world where I beat 3 sudden shock given enough time, but not while getting clocked for 6 a turn.
>>
>>49249055
>>Git Probe turn one on the play. To your horror you see...

Brainstorm
RiP
Helm of Obedience
Force
Tundra
Island
Strand

The real question is, why am I probing t1 on the play? What deck am I borrowing?
>>
>>49249559
Manaless Dredge of course. And in your infinite wisdom you decided it was a good idea to jam 4 git probes and rock a 64 card deck. What could go wrong?
>>
>>49249559
I already play 4 probes and 4 street wraith.
Either I'm doing some weird shit with Probing them to see if I should play Unmask t1, or i'm drunk.
>>
>>49249665
Ha, guess I know nothing about manaless dredge.
>>
>>49249763
This is my current list.
Thinking of going to 4 Amalgam, and slotting in a FKZ somewhere.
Also gotta make my deck consistant with sets.
>>
>>49249846
FKZ seems like an auto include. Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, how boss is amalgam?
>>
>>49249055
>to your horror you see...
1 City of Traitors
1 Tundra
1 Simian Spirit Guide
2 RiP
1 Show and Tell
1 Emrakul
>>
>>49249016
Awful to here about the flooding, and good on you with the cards. I'm sure playing mtg would be great after something like that.

Sorry to hear about your shop. What I wouldn't give for some more Legacy events...
>>
>>49250611
do you play in lafayette?
>>
>>49249960
In an emergency it can be eaten by Ichorid, and if you play the blue SB, it pitches to Force. It's a 17-20th free creature. It's good shit.
>>
>>49250611
We'll recover eventually, Louisianafags stick together, you know?
Plus, the store owner managed to evacuate all of his legacy stuff with the floodwaters rising and I haven't heard any tales of lost power 9 or duals or w/e.
>>
>>49250963
I'm the guy from Baton Rouge, not who you responded to, but I used to go to Lafayette for prereleases back before Rocket's Hideout opened and we had a shop that ran them again.
>>
Does 5th ed have any FBB languages?
I'm looking into the cost to pimp my deck out, and there's nothing I can do to my Nether Shadows besides altering them, unless I go with the art I don't like as much.
>>
>Playing
Dredge, Oops, looking to pimp my belcher deck with as many foreign foils as possible

Lost Legacy legit seems legacy playable
Can't snag artifacts though which sucks, but imagine being able to just name reality smasher or counterbalance on turn 1 and shut someone out
>>
>>49251990
But if you push it out T1 on the play and it eats FoW then your both down 2 cards but your opponent didn't use up a turn to do it, and you've missed your window where Daze can't be up. On the draw you have a similar issue but you have to worry about the 2 for 1 with Daze/Spell Pierce.

If you do resolve it, great. You've removed 0-4 copies of a card your opponent may not even have drawn for the rest of the match. I think it's relevant in very specific combo matchups where the deck hinges on 1 card, but even those decks usually pack alternate wincons. This reminds me of an episode of CFB MTGtop8(when LSV still did it) where LSV explained how he had an opponent who thought they got something like 10 for 1 playing some card like that and how that wasn't how CA works. Tjough in this context you appear to be thinking of it more as a way to cripple combo decks.
>>
>>49249055
>Playing?

Mono blue delver

>Sideboard?
Chill x3
Surgical Extraction x2
Grafdigger's Cage x2
Flusterstorm x2
Echoing truth x2
Winter Orb
Sapphire Charm
Vendilion Clique
Invasive Surgery

Sapphire Charm for all the dumb batterskulls. And back to basics for all the dumb Eldrazi, rug, shardless, and cloudpost decks.
Island, island, fish, fish, fish, fish, fish.
>>
>>49251990
Actually, that card might just make it in a Relentless Rats deck. Target yourself, exile enough Rats to draw your deck without decking, then win because you just drew 25ish cards. Unmask, Dark Ritual, Lotus Petal. Could be real.
>>
>>49249846
>3 golgari thugs
>1 thug golgari
>having some of your cards in different languages
Worse than fucking Hitler.
You better get his art altered to give him some thug bling
>>
>>49251990
It's best used targeting yourself to name something like Relentless rats and be left with just the good non-rats cards in your library. But that that point, why not just run Doomsday.

>>49254422
>then win because you just drew 25ish cards.
You only draw a card for each card exiled from your HAND so at most it's draw 6.
>>
>>49254814
>Two are DD, two are RAV
>Same with my Trolls
>One of my Dread Returns is Italian as well.
>I only have two foil Amalgams

It triggers me too, anon.
>>
File: 20160612_170058.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px)
20160612_170058.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>49254861
If that triggers you, get a load of my DDFT list. the list isn't up to date but the beauty sure is
>>
>>49250963
I'm starting to think I should- we just have one little shop here and an hour of driving is a small price for legacy. You from Lafayette? Know a good store?
>>49251022
That would be heartbreaking.
>>
>>49250963
Whoops I didn't understand the question. No, I play in Lake Charles.
>>
>>49253976
what's your list look like? I've been toying with this concept for a while but haven't actually tried putting anything together.
>>
File: image.png (585KB, 600x828px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
585KB, 600x828px
>>49255743
d-did you sleeve all your cards upside down?
>>
>>49256090
Yes.
>>
>>49256090
He probably inner sleeves right side up, it also probably makes it easier to shuffle
>>
>>49256226
dank. do you play Adrian Sullivan style, then?
>>
>>49256374
This is correct. Not sure it really affects shuffling though.
>>49256379
Not sure what you mean. Don't think I've ever seen him play.
>>
>>49256414
cards upside down on the battlefield, lands in front. basically how mtgo displays your opponents board state.
it's how I play my draft decks, to tilt people
>>
>>49256414
>>49256454
I've watched Adrian Sullivan play back when Standard was actually fun. It was a UB Control mirror and it was a holy mess of lands and Perilous Vaults and Kung-Fu Leviathans.

I've seen Magic. That was pure chaos.
>>
>>49256562
man, I loved that deck. I remember playing against the hardened scales deck one time and my opponent wouldn't concede even though I had a full hand and like 11 untapped mana and an ugin.
is this how miracles pilots feel?
>>
>>49256454
I find that my ugly deck is sufficient to tilt people.
>>
>>49256624
At least your petal isn't FTV and your therapies original set ~~
>>
>>49256615
That's how I play. Unless my life total is at 0 or I have no deck, I haven't lost the game yet. It's won me several "unwinnable" games against Modern decks.

>>49256649
>ywn own Judgment Cabal Therapies
I want to commit hari-kari
>>
>>49256660
Oh god... They're Italian?! Never mind my earlier comment...
>>
>>49256649
Also have like half my deck is in spanish, if you didn't notice. 4x Terapia de la Cabala, 4x Deseo Ardiente, and 2x Trompo adivinador del sensei.
>>
>>49256728
I don't even know what to think of this... It's horrid but still beautiful somehow, I have a love/hate relation to your deck ~~
>>
>>49256728
oh, I noticed. it's beautiful
>>
>>49249055

>PLAYAN
waterfalls
one trick pony
R/B goblins

>SIDEBORDAN
I'll do it when I can afford it and have a meta.

>SILVER BULLETS? META-LOOKS?
I have no meta. Wubba lubba dub-dub!

>GIT PROBAN, HORRORAN
lion's eye diamond, faithless looting, dakmor salvage, lotus petal, narcomeba, narcomeba, narcomeba.
>>
>>49256970
>narcomoeba narcomoeba narcomoeba
Who in the hell would keep that hand, there's nothing you can Dredge besides Dakmor Salvage.

>LED
>Lotus Petal
>Faithless, holding priority, crack LED, using Lotus Petal to prevent Daze
>Dump hand into grave, Faithless resolves
>Dredge 2

Now we've got 3 Narcomoebas stuck in the graveyard and virtually no engine to power anything. Seems bad my dude.
>>
>>49257134
That's probably where the feeling of horror comes from where you see it.
>>
File: Angel Token.png (397KB, 458x640px) Image search: [Google]
Angel Token.png
397KB, 458x640px
>>49256649
MFW i prefer modern frame over older frame and bought FTV petals.

Also any good angel token i can print to use with Luminarch ascenssion/sigil? currently using this one
>>
>>49249055
>Playing?
Miracles
>Sideboard?
Generic shit you'd expect. More wraths, more counters, Flusterstorm, Containment Priest
What local meta?
Phyrexian Revoker, Thalia, Karakas, Aether Vial, Stoneforge Mystic, Rishadan Port, Mother of Runes
>>
>>49257217
use the Ali aintrazi invitational ones and sharpie "can I cop a feel?" on them.
>>
>>49256615
If I'm playing against you, I'm always scared unless I have countertop and 4 FoW in my hand with 4 other blue cards and lethal next turn. Otherwise? Sometimes, lots of burn players go down hilariously though. I have counter top active open mana and surgical extraction ed all their exquisite firecrafts after I thought seized one on t 1. They don't realize that when you can't cast a spell, you generally can't win. That's rare but it's an example.
>>
>>49257134
Woops I misread narcomoeba. Still, dredge is the stuff of my nightmares.

Also, asking the real questions. Why doesn't basking rootwalla see play in dredge?
>>
>>49255985
Something like this:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-blue-back-to-basics-delver/
>>
>>49259248
Have you considered Oboro? Gets around Choke effects and can bounce eot to get around B2B.
>>
>>49259368
No I haven't, but that sounds like a great idea. I'll look into it
>>
File: Basking Rootwalla.jpg (135KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Basking Rootwalla.jpg
135KB, 480x680px
>>49258837
>Why doesn't basking rootwalla see play in dredge?
When discarding, a dredge player 100% wants to bin a dredger. Rootwalla does nothing for dredge. Can't even eat it with Ichorid. Sno gud mane.
>>
>>49258837
>>49259457
People back when playing standard dredge actually considered the idea of playing the standard madness cards sideboard if people started playing too much graveyard hate.
I don't think it would be good, but it would be funny.
>>
>>49259457
Gotcha. Also at this wouldn't ya think there would be some sort of madness or flashback deck. I mean, miracle has an enabler in the form of sensei's divining top, does madness/flashback have such an enabler? If not, then what would such an enabler entail? temur madness when?

jacetice league, to the gatherer!
>>
>>49259457
what would you take out for it?
it's not a good card in the deck, and doesn't really deserve a spot there
>>
>>49260110
I believe that's exactly what I said.
>>
>>49259620
There is a flashback deck, but it's hidden in the form of Grixis Delver.

Fuck Snapcaster Mage
>>
I tried as best as I could
If someone can do it better, go for it
>>
>>49262238
Let me throw together something real fast, I have some ideas.
>>
>>49262238
You should've went with the full Martyr/Proc/Emeria shell. Cards like Boon Reflection and Heroes Remembered are bad.
>>
>>49262442
I think it's as easy as Nearhearth Pilgrim and Volcano Hellion.

>Cast Nearhearth Pilgrim
>Cast Volcano Hellion, Soulbond to Pilgrim
>Choose X damage, deal X to Volcano Hellion, take X damage to my life total
>Gain X life from Volcano Hellion's Lifelink, gain X life from Pilgrim's Lifelink
>Hellion dies
>Aetherflux everyone and everything
>Get to keep my X amount of life when or if the turn ends

It's bad and it's terrible, but it's a combo nonetheless.
>>
>>49249614
>Not running all decks as 64 card decks with Git Probes
FREE INFORMATION
>>
>>49249069
Uncommon/rare/mythic - decks that lose
>>
How realistic is a chinaman deck? I'm a poorfag but Legacy interests me greatly.
>How much cheaper do Chinese fakes make your deck?
>How realistic are the cards?
>What are the odds you would see them at a tournament?
>What is the penalty for being caught?
>>
>>49262561
Can throw recruiter in there too
Make is RWG and use GSZ to find the hellion
Can also use red's fast mana
Might actually work
>>
>>49262626
A lot cheaper, though your proxies will retain 0 value, as you can't sell them on later.
The cards can be identified as fakes by judges utilizing a magnifying glass. There was a post on a judge forum about a judge ordering fakes and offering to share them around so that other judges could learn to identify fakes.
I don't know.
The penalty for being caught is disqualification. The penalty if you are caught trading them is fraud aka jail.
>>
>>49262639
GSZ doesn't find Hellion unless you run Painter's Servant and make everything green.
>>
>>49262717
ye my stupid
gonna switch it with fierce empath and chord of calling
>>
>>49262710
Wasn't looking to scam anyone, just looking to be one of the >cool kids
>>
I give up on reservoir
I'm too lazy to try to make it work
someone try throwing it in a painter shell or something, maybe that works
>>
>>49262639
Maybe Boros Reckoner too?
>>
How viable is Nahiri, the Harbinger in Legacy. Something that keeps coming to mind for me us using her+Emrakul, thr Aeons Torn as your primary wincon instead of Monastery Mentor, but even that isn't amazing.
>>
>>49263282
If you're talking miracles, I'd say its probably worse than mentor
Mentor has synergy with top and all of your spells
Emrakul can just be a dead card if you don't find Nahiri, and she doesn't really do much the turn she comes down. Mentor can still generate all the tokens you want the turn it comes into play, so even if he's gone the tokens can still beatdown quickly.
>>
>>49263282
>Nahiri in Legacy
I mean, somebody top 8ed a tournament with this deck: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=12827&d=274462&f=LE
>>
So what is the verdict on Sanctum Prelate and Recruiter of the Guard? Do they work well in D&T?
>>
>>49263282
Why would I take 6 turns to get a 15/15 that dies at the end when I could take 2 turns to stick it for free? Her only redeeming quality is jamming out Emrakul or Blightsteel, one of which can be hit with Swords and the other is a one-trick pony. I'd rather Ancient Tomb, Volcanic Island, Show and Tell Emrakul than go through that mess.

But that's just me.
>>
>>49263466
yeah they see play, the numbers vary though
>>
>>49263466

>Prelate
1 Main, maybe 1 boarded
>Recruiter
3 main
>>
>>49263282
She isn't that great, I mean she looks like she could do great but she really isn't. Especially since she's 4 mana and doesn't always do something great the turn she comes down. Tbh I've been thinking of dropping down to 1 JTMS because 90% of the time he's used as FoW fodder (the other 10% is gas but it's usually rare he lives long unless I'm against miracles). I could maybe see her seeing play if Dig through time was still around because she also let's you discard.
>>
Alright friends, pick three card that you wish were legacy playable that aren't/not that great

1. Sphinx's revelation
2. Supreme verdict
3. dragon broodmother
>>
>>49265616
As always I dislike everything you like.
1. astral slide
2. birthing pod
3. tortured existence (or more realistically stasis or Gaea's blessing)
>>
>>49266483
Astral slide seems oddly specific, though I have no issues with your cards that you like. unban pod so I can make some sick cash dolla
>>
Geeze it's like you want this thread to die. Where's all the other namefags at?
>>
>>49255743
>upside down ultrapros
>ultrapros
>inconsistent prints

I'm more triggered than Espie when he sees Invigorate+Berserk
>>
>>49268133
Off playing EDH with my Friday night crowd.
>>
>>49265616
1. Splinter Twin
2. Splinter Twin
3. Gotcha anon!!
>>
>>49268133
I am being cancerous and playing Modern because no one wanted to play Legacy.
>>
>>49268407
Ah I did the same but It was all the jankiest shit we could. B/W angel lifegain but not soul sisters vs mono red skred sans- blood moon. Good times
>>
>>49268133
yeah I'm at fnm.

playing modern
>>
>>49261239
Hehe. A magician after me own heart.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 620x393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 620x393px
>>49268133 #
Just got back from fnm.

Went 2 - 2, had really bad luck with the draws on one game and got stomped by red stompy in the other. It That Betrays got all my victories tonight though, so that was exciting.

Also ended up getting the last two Griselbrands I needed.
>>
>>49265616
>Avacyn angel of hope
>Baneslayer angel
>Gisela
Sorry, i'm a waifufag, also i would love tribal angels
>>
>>49269489
There is a reason why brainstorm is good, my friend.
>>
>>49269708
I run faithless looting but I didn't even get to play one in the match where I was getting bad draws. It was awful.
>>
>>49262768
Fierce Empath also doesn't find Volcano Hellion.
>>
What do you guys think of new Chandra, I like her but she's too high cost for burn and idk where else she'd see play maybe red stompy but that decks pretty Janky as is
>>
>>49270880
I think she may be being under rated by the legacy community but I think it's best to wait and see how good she is. Maybe there's a midrangey burn deck out there that hasn't been discovered yet and Chandra is perfect for it. I know she would be absolute hell for a miracle player
>>
As a tezz player I've been getting slaughtered by dnt lately, any recommendations for the sb? Engineered Plague hasn't really been cutting it
>>
>>49272105
Have you tried Massacre?
>>
>>49268303
Try splinter twin stompy

1 [EVE] Cascade Bluffs
1 [UNH] Mountain
1 [R] Taiga
2 [UNH] Island
4 [TE] Ancient Tomb
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
4 [R] Volcanic Island
1 [CHK] Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
3 [] Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
3 [LRW] Pestermite
4 [C13] Deceiver Exarch
3 [MR] Chrome Mox
4 [MR] Chalice of the Void
4 [9E] Blood Moon
4 [ROE] Splinter Twin
1 [TE] Intuition
2 [CNS] Misdirection
3 [VI] Impulse
3 [RTR] Izzet Charm
4 [AL] Force of Will
SB: 2 [MOR] Vendilion Clique
SB: 2 [SHM] Faerie Macabre
SB: 2 [] Krosan Grip
SB: 1 [FUT] Pact of Negation
SB: 3 [M11] Pyroclasm
SB: 2 [PLC] Sulfur Elemental
SB: 1 [8E] Ensnaring Bridge
SB: 1 [] Echoing Truth
SB: 1 [ISD] Ancient Grudge
>>
>>49266483
Recurring Nightmare Pod Nic Fit. Its like the greatest cube deck you've ever drafted.

I lost to a kids mono-green Genesis Wave ramp deck. It sounds shitty, but Death and Taxes literally cannot do anything to that strategy
>>
>>49263466
I like Prelate, 2 in the 75 right now. I like the 1/1 split, but it almost has no text in some matchups so you don't really want to load up on them.

Recruiter is good, but you can easily get flooded with them. I'm running 2, and like it. Having 2 in hand without an aether vial is usually miserable.

I'm more on the fence about Big Thalia. I've been testing versions with 1, 2 and 3 for a couple months now and she's never done anything particularly good for me. I'm thinking of just cutting them, they're tempo cards and this isn't a tempo deck
>>
>>49271198
What's good about her? Are you telling me you can't think of any better 6 drops that are straight up better plays?
>>
>>49273054
>What's good about her?
Graveyard filling and card draw on a stick, strong damage potential that you can't Terminus and up to 4 damage boardwipe power the turn she drops.
As far as walkers go that's a pretty good set of abilities.
>>
>>49273270
Interesting, we are talking about different chandra. So there is 2 of them in this set?

I'm not sure where you would play her tho, but looks interesting.
>>
File: chandraflamecaller.jpg (54KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
chandraflamecaller.jpg
54KB, 265x370px
>>49273427
>Interesting, we are talking about different chandra. So there is 2 of them in this set?
Oh, the anon I replied to said "6 drop" so I assumed he meant the Chandra from Oath of the Gatewatch

And yes, they replaced Intro Decks with "Planeswalker decks"
Same thing as an into deck but they come with a weak standard-legal planeswalker that you can only get in that product, not packs.
>>
File: chandrapyrogenius.jpg (57KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
chandrapyrogenius.jpg
57KB, 265x370px
>>49273427
>>49273441
And here's the Planeswalker Deck Chandra, which is total trash so I assumed no-one would be talking about it here, but this is just to show you that they're printing a ton of planeswalkers every set now.
>>
>>49273463
I feel like this game has turned into Power Rangers: the Game and not MtG: the tappening
>>
>>49273505
It's turned into Jacetice League: The Re-Visiting.
They've said they're planning to have every group of 4 blocks be made of 2 new planes and 2 "Return to" from now on.
>>
Chinaman's abrupt decays are too dark.
>>
>>49273575
Abrupt Decay really isn't that expensive.
>>
>>49249055
>Playing?
WIP Welder brew
>Sideboard?
Toolbox of artifacts
Trinisphere. our meta is very very brew heavy and one dredge
Grafdiggers cage.
>>
>>49273593
Yeah I know, price tanked on them. I just got one in a package I ordered
>>
File: IMG_20160910_143246.jpg (3MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160910_143246.jpg
3MB, 4096x2304px
What kind of sleeve is this? Sorry for my potato camera.
>>
>>49274639
would like to know.

doesnt seem to be official mtg stuff, so maybe an inked gaming personal print?
>>
>>49274714
I don't know, I ordered a card from TCGPlayer and it came in one of them inside the toploader. I don't remember what seller or what card though.
>>
>>49274639
amazingly enough, your shitty camera (and shooter desu) was enough to get a reverse image search (you lazy fuck!)

https://www.amazon.ca/Magic-Gathering-Artists-Protectors-Bloodspeaker/dp/B008VCTKUA
>>
>>49273521
I'd be fiNE with tons of "return to" block's as long as we return to motherfucking Kamigawa.
>>
d e d f o r m a t
e
d

t
h
r
e
a
d
>>
>>49274840
Sorry for not trying to reverse search that low-res a photo, I appreciate the help.
>>
That is the LAST God damn time I stay up til 3 am playtesting a shitty deck. I feel like crap.
>>
>>49275870
Nice blog post
>>
>>49275870
Keep telling yourself that, you'll be back...
>>
>>49275870
Nourishing Lich?
>>
>>49275889
Thanks, I worked real hard on it.

>>49275895
It was the Aetherflux Combo. The decklist is still a holy mess.
>>
>>49276252
post that list boooyyyyyy
>>
>Playing?
Goblins, 4C Delver, Storm (I really want to play TES but at the moment I cut it down to 1 Burning Wish, so more ANT)
>Sideboard?
Goblins: 2 Ethersworn Canonist, 2 RiP, 3 Pyrokinesis, 2 Wear // Tear (I play 3 Thalia main), Storm: Wishboard + 3 Decay, 2 Carpet of Flowers, Delver: 15 assorted spells, including Umezawa's Jitte, Electrickery and Surgical Extraction
Haven't played in quite a while. Will start again next semester, I guess.
Chalice, Trinisphere, Grim Monolith, Ancient Tomb, City of Traitors, Lodestone Golem, Lodestone Golem (my brother plays MUD)

At the moment I'm looking to build another deck (even though I don't get to play that much). It will probably be Reanimator as I only have to get the reanimation spells and Elesh Norn. Should I use Darkslick Shores for USea 3+4 or rather Watery Grave/basics? I also really like Elves but I can't justify buying Cradles with no regular games.
>>
>>49276252
Are you still on the Volcano Hellion build?
I feel like you might be able to get something going with Vedalken Archmage/Puresteel Paladin.
>>
File: chandratorchofdefiance.jpg (54KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
chandratorchofdefiance.jpg
54KB, 265x370px
>>49273441
>>49273463

Neither of those, do you guys follow spoilers at all? This one
>>
>>49277562
I know. I was replying to someone talking about Chandra then saying "Are you telling me you can't think of any better 6 drops" so I thought he meant Flamecaller. Then he asked if there were two in "this set" (which I assumed he meant Kaladesh) so I posted the Planeswalker deck one to show him there IS indeed two, but the second is trash.
If you actually read the posts right you'd realise that.
This is all because someone referred to Chandra as a "six drop"
>>
>>49277292
>>49277400
Yeah, I am. Here's my current mainboard; it's really bad right now. I wasn't sure on the combo at first, but here's how it works (ripped straight from the video I found it on).

>When Volcano Hellion enters the battlefield, it deals an amount of damage of your choice to you (X damage lifelink) AND target creature (X damage lifelink). Naturally, you pick Volcano Hellion. Both times the Hellion deals the lifelink damage (to itself and to you). So for every 1 damage you receive you gain 2 life.
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 327x433px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 327x433px
>>49277855
What the fuck, wrong picture.
>>
File: fragmentize.jpg (44KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
fragmentize.jpg
44KB, 265x370px
Woah
>>
>>49273521
I don't really mind revisits, if they are done properly. I'm sick and tired of eldrazi for example.
>>
>>49278446
But don't you understand the eldrazi can attack and block so that makes them fun and they should be in every set and also jace.
>>
>>49279349
Creatures: The Tappening. Now in both Modern and Legacy! Coming soon to Vintage.
>>
>>49279393
Honestly I think it hit vintage before it hit legacy.
>>
>>49279418
You're right.
>>
>>49277988
Might see some play, my biggest deal is that it isn't an instant and if someone does Chalice on 1 t1, I can't destroy. I can if I have a disenchant though which is also an instant.
>>
>>49280702
I was comparing it to Nature's Claim in Vintage.
>>
>>49280736
I haven't been keeping up in vintage, but I could see it being really good there as opposed to legacy
>>
>>49280930
Well, I play dredge, so it's basically 100% better. I guess it isn't really so exciting for you guys, but there are almost never any Vintage threads. Sorry to bother you.
>>
>>49281014
I was excited. Fuck wispmare, 4 claims and 4 of these
>>
TFW I want to finish dredge, but I need 4x LEDs.
TFW I want to finish burn, but I need 4x Goblin guide

I'm in the void.
>>
>>49281248
Well fuck. I'm in the state of confusion where I can't even load the image.
>>
>>49281248
If you've got any other legacy deck, i'll trade you the LEDS :^)
>>
>>49281327
I already cut everything else to finish those two...

Well, the burn is modern one, which is apparently more expensive than legacy version.
>>
>>49281359
Yeah modern burn is fucking weird
Modern in general is fucking weird
>>
>>49281359
Modern burn is just Zoo
>>
>>49281430
>Modern ̶b̶u̶r̶n̶ is just (a) Zoo
>>
>>49281014
We can talk about vintage here too. A couple of us play/used to play. I'm not really up to date on the format though.
>>
so Star of David games was having a sale today. I convinced my friend that plays modern infect to buy into legacy. naturally, he wanted to play some legacy, but I only had infect with me, so I just played about an hour and a half of the mirror. it was not fun.
interesting happenings included me taking 16 off my turn 2 sylvan library, and fighting a large counter war to resolve my berserk targeting his inkmoth nexus.
>>
>>49249846
How expensive would manaless dredge be and how fun is it? Thinking of buying into legacy.
>>
>>49283304
>naturally, he wanted to play some legacy, but I only had infect with me

way to make sure your friend made a good investment
>>
>>49283304
No vines to counter a vines?
>>
>>49283306
Manaless is cheap and can be fun. Proxy the deck and test a bit before you spend on it. It dies pretty hard to some grave hate, but you can also upgrade it to mana-full dredge over time if you like the style.
>>
>>49283353
oh there was plenty of that, but it seemed pretty straightforward to me. vines to counter vines, vines to counter invigorate, submerge in response to fetching. fun stuff.
>>
>>49283343
I just meant he wante to play with the cards he just bought. he was already familiar with the format.
>>
>>49283372
Sounds like cancer
>>
>>49284439
It's always a cancerous time when ur mom lmao shows up.
>>
>>49283306
You can buy chinese leds, the other lands are fairly cheap (mana confluence, city of brass, cephalid coliseum and darkslick shores) are in the 2-5 dollars range
Led dredge>manaless
>>
>>49284439
I missed you too, buddy
>>
DnT here, what's the correct number of recruiters? At the moment, I'm thinking three, I'm set on one prelate main, one side.
>>
>>49285324
that's what I think i've seen (((reddit))) say too
>>
File: Manaless Price.png (371KB, 1054x806px) Image search: [Google]
Manaless Price.png
371KB, 1054x806px
>>49284664
Do you mean Dakmor Salvage?

>>49283306
Manaless is pretty cheap, and is strong if your meta (as if anyone in this thread has a meta) doesn't have a huge amount of graveyard hate.
>>
>>49249846
You need 3-4 Chancellor of the Annex and 1 Flame-Kin Zealot.
>>
>>49286672
There is an FKZ in there, and I'm not a fan of Chancellor diluting my deck
>>
What are all the FTK decks in the format?
No matter how jank, just whatever is relatively established and relatively consistent
ANT counts simply because it can do it pretty frequently
I also have SI, Belcher, Oops, Cheeri0s, what am I missing?
>>
>>49286864
LED Dredge can hit the FTK with the nuts, typically

>LED
>Faithless
>Breakthrough
>2 Golgari Grave Troll
>Bridge from Below
>Land

This promises a possibly huge output of Zombie tokens, which may be enough to combo into Dread Return FKZ for a lethal turn 1 attack. You really need to hit the nuts, getting all 4 Bridges and a lot of Narcomoebas and therapies in your yard. I've done it though, it's possible.
>>
>>49287113
I've done that once in all my Dredge playing
I forgot Manaless Dredge though
>>
>>49286864
Omnitell

>City of Traitors/Ancient Tomb
>Lotus Petal
>Show & Tell
>Omniscience
>Burning Wish (possibly off Personal Tutor + cantrip) for Petals of Insight
>free Petals until whatever storm you want, grab a Burning Wish
>Burning Wish for storm card of choice

gg

Turn 2 wins aren't actually all that uncommon for the deck.
>>
>>49286864
SI, Belcher, Oops and Cheerios are the only decks that are designed to kill turn 1 that I can think of. If we're talking any deck that can do it, ANT, TES, DDFT and Nourishing Lich all can, as well as Dredge, Reanimator and SnT decks, which can kill or effectively kill on turn 1.
>>
>>49287276
>Petals of insight to stack your entire deck if your library doesn't have an exact multiple of 3 cards in it
Or, what I like more
>Release The Ants with an Emrakul on the top
>>
>>49287276
>>49287314
God damn Omnitell gets me rock hard, even today. I guess I'm #WithDTT now.
>>
>>49286864
Statistically tin-fins has the highest turn 1 win rate out of any legacy deck. Could probably be made to go even faster.
>>
Is there anyone that can help me test a deck idea on cockatrice? Player name in name field.

It's a stompy variant, but I haven't ever built stompy before, so I'm not too sure about a lot of options.
>>
>>49286864
Flame-tongue Kavu?
>>
>>49287702
Forgot image and name. Name is CasinoCoin
>>
>>49287680
Does it really beat SI? I heard somewhere SI had ~70-80% T1 killrate, until it runs into force, that is.
>>
>>49287727
Pretty sure he's talking about First Turn Kills.
>>
>>49287763
Not sure what decks were in the running for the study(?) I heard, honestly could just be a rumor, give me a bit and I'll test it.
>>
>>49287763
>>49287845
SI seems to have roughly a 20% turn 1 win rate (on the play) the version of tin fins with the highest turn 1 win rate is 'shallow storm' by pomegrant (specifically a version with 1 unburial rights maindeck), which has roughly a 35% first turn win rate. The stock version of Tin Fins probably has a significantly lower win rate than SI I'd guess 10% at most.
This is also accounting for the fact that I mulled to get the turn 1 win, in reality the win rate would be even lower for both decks.
Neither are that impressive really, maybe the sample wasn't large enough, or I'm using a bad version of SI or I suck, but I flat don't believe 70%, 40% is really the maximum that makes absolutely any sense to me, maybe 45 on the draw.
>>
How well positioned is Omni-tell? Is it even playable post DTT ban? Is there another variant to play or is it just sneak and show that's viable now..
>>
>>49289149
I'm guessing it's still viable and I know people still play it. T.b.h I'd don't know why people don't just play sneak and show instead, someone more adept would have to tell you that.
>>
>>49289149
I'm pretty sure every sneak and show list now runs Omniscience and Sneak and Show all at once
>>
>>49289223

Nah there are still some stubborn faggots who want to play show and tell as a mono blue control deck, I swear they get off on the other player dying of boredom

Like when you manage to get a first turn Omniscience but all you have is a deck full of counters, cantrips and 1 emmy you just sit back and watch your opponent squirm
>>
>>49287288
Btw, do you have an updated Nourishing Lich list?
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Trying to brew up Soldier Stompy here. A lot of it seems pretty obvious, but does anyone have suggestions for balancing the tutors to the business?

Current List:

Mana: 22
4 Chrome Mox
4 Ancient Tomb
1 City of Traitors
4 Cavern of Souls
7 Plains
2 Karakas

Lock Pieces: 15
4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Suppression Field

Beaters: 12
4 Preeminent Captain
4 Captain of the Watch
4 Daru Warchief

Extra Shit: 11
4 Enlistment Officer
4 Ballyrush Banneret
3 Recruiter of the Guard

Sideboard:
3 Thorn of Amethyst
2 Umezawa's Jitte
3 Winter Orb
3 Aven Riftwatcher
2 Banishing Light
2 Rest in Peace
>>
>>49289863
What is this "Stompy" deck type I keep hearing about? Is it just more boring 'Creatures: The Tappening' shit?
>>
>>49289877
Stompy is a set of Aggro-Prison decks that are based around slamming Chalice of the Void, and other various permenant based lock pieces. They usually feature a lot of creatures as a way to close games out before the opponent can draw out of the prison.

The fun with them is that they are first and foremost metagame calls, and can completely fuck a predictable metagame. If you know your opponents are going to be on Miracles, Goblin or Soldier stompy aim to make their deck horrifically inefficient, then win through card advantage or fast beats before they draw out of the prison.
>>
File: 14735833902921765189042.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
14735833902921765189042.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
So legacy/tg/ what are guys up to tonight?
I'm drinking a lot of picture related and watching shit anime with my friends.

Expect incoherent Esper miracles guy to ask you what he should waste his money on it a couple hours.
>>
>>49290152
Drinking the remnants of Kahlua, Baileys and chocolate milk from the birthday party I hosted instead of playing sanctioned Legacy.
>>
>>49289863
Cut two Captains of watch, one Bannerett, add 3 Gustcloak Saviors.
>>
>>49289961
Worth mentioning that they run 8 sol lands (ancient tomb and city of traitor) to get turn 1 chalice of the void on board or go straight to 3cmc with things like chrome mox and either drop threat or trinisphere and in red case blood moon.
>>
>>49290401
>tfw responding to a Chalice on 1 with land, mox, Disenchant
My meta turned into 40% stompy so I upped the CMC of all my artifact removal by 1 for a single FMN and did a clean sweep on their chalices almost every game.
>>
>>49290152
My day started a few hours ago. I'm watching the finals of our local Legacy league. They are 16 players playing 5 rounds of swiss and then cut to top 8. We have:
Miracles x 2
Grixis Delver x 2
Maverick x 2
BR Reanimator
Grixis Pyro
Goblins
Infect
Aluren
Merfolk
Black Death and taxes (brew playing new recruiter, Bob and sculler, among other cards)
Pox loam
Fizzblade (our organiser, 4c value with drs, countertop, mentor, stoneforge, etc.)
Helmerator

If there's any interest I can post regular updates on how the tourney goes.
>>
>>49290401
8 sol lands is really key in Blood Moon and Eldrazi stompy, but it's more a result of needing a turn 1 play and those decks requiring sol lands to do that. Soldier Stompy runs less sol lands because it has more colored 2 drops, so chrome mox or mox diamond are necessary to slam a Suppression Field or Thalia on turn 1.
>>
>>49249055
Best Gitaxian Probe decks?
>>
>>49290152
Trying to test a deck on cockatrice. Send help.
>>
>>49290275
Why? Are you worried about your creatures dying?
>>
>>49290465
What help would you like
>>
>>49290465
cockatrice games are so fucking shit. it was my client of choice as a poor college kid for like two years
the community is also fucking dreadful
>>
>>49290482
People to play with, mostly.

Also advice on a sideboard and stuff. Trying out >>49287747.
>>
>>49290483
The community sucks, but it's easily the best magic software available
>>
>>49290499
I have a couple of decks on Cockatrice I can play you with.
>>
>>49290499
I'm slightly intoxicated and don't have a computer to play on so can't help you there. Holy fuck spellchecker is a boss, I haven't spelled a singer word right and it's doing a pretty good job making sure drunk me types legibile
>>
>>49290472
a) blocks delver, doesn't die to Bolt
b) gives pseudo evasion, can save preeminent captain from dying (well everyone, but captain after using his ability, to do it again)
c) has evasion
It's a good card for the deck
>>
>>49290507
What's your name on cockatrice?

I just mucked a guy twice with blood moon, the poor guy only got to turn 2. I feel a bit dirty.
>>
>>49290589
That's all true, I just haven't really had that problem. Being able to drop 9+ power off a Captain of the Watch has won me a lot of games by just overpowering whatever defenses they have.

Has Delver been a toug matchup for you?
>>
>>49290502
XMage is a thing.
>>
>>49290622
Sorry, got distracted fiddling with MTGO.
And, perfect timing, I have to start cooking dinner now. Sorry dude.
>>
File: 1472665920109.jpg (50KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
1472665920109.jpg
50KB, 330x327px
>>49290502
>the best magic software
>people actually believe this
>>
>>49290704
Xmage is like a slightly better MTGO. It's still pretty shitty
>>
>>49290790
It includes the added benefit of people not trying to scam you on the rules or just cheating.
>>
>>49290729
Lame. Well, I guess I'll just be stuck with randos.
>>
>>49290812
That might be a difference of opinion. If you like that, xmage is the way to go. I prefer the flow of paper magic. I'll take shortcutting if it means I need to explain rules every couple days
>>
>>49289612
Updated =/= competitive
2 Lich
3 Nefarious Lich
4 Nourishing shoal
4 Autochthon wurm
3 Zuran orb
2 Lim-dul's vault
4 brainstorm
4 ponder
1 sensei's divining top
4 dark ritual
4 lotus petal
3 cabal ritual
2 grapeshot
4 thoughtseize
4 polluted delta
4 bloodstained mire
2 underground sea
1 bayou
1 badlands
1 island
3 swamp

I'd start there. Sideboard Is up in the air but i'd strongly recommend a couple flusterstorm, a couple pithing needle, some grave hate and abrupt decays. The remailing 5 or so slots are up to you
>>
>>49266870
astral slide decks are basically toolbox decks that abuse flicker effects, similar to nic fit, but less good. People say if the card was printed in modern it would spawn a new deck there.
>>
>>49286347
No, i mean the UB fastland. dakmoor is too slow.
>>
>>49292815
I thought you'd want Salvage for the guarenteed land drop you can make off of a dredge
>>
>>49292855
Nope, you only need 1 land for Breakthrought and the leds. when you cast the breakthrought you crack the leds in response to dump your dredges and start going of. the mana of the leds are used to flashback any faithless loothing you dredged to grave
>>
>>49292855
salvedge is trash bruh
>>
>>49277988
>bitching about casting lines
JUST BUFF THEM OFF
>>
Any anons play legacy in St. Paul? I don't have a car and there aren't any stores around here
>>
>>49285324
0. Feel too slow to me, and the grindy matchups they're good in are already favorable for d&t. Plus they're pretty bad without an aether vial.
>>
>tfw dredge took SCG richmond
>tfw the deck isn't dead
>>
>>49292438
it was a Peasant deck also, Chittering Rats, Eternal Witness, Stonehorn Dignitary.
>>
>>49290152
Bit late, but was up late last night playing EDH. My poison is Screwdrivers, usually with cheap Rubinoff, but Smirnoff was on sale so we drank like kings.
>>
>>49294277
>but smirnoff was on sale so we drank like kings
I'm so sorry for you. I drink a lot of vodka but I'd be drinking piss before I willingly spent money on shitty vodka
>>
>>49294723
it was better than the paint thinner we usually drink though.
>>
>>49294740
I can't imagine, oh God. I unfortunately have an elitist taste when it comes to alcohol so I only buy expensive shit. I've had several times where I go " snapcaster mage or do I buy to bottles of vodka? I bought the vodka
>>
>>49294814
Not that bad then, I frequently prioritise foils over food ~~
>>
>>49294869
Oh so do, depending on the foil. Currently haven't eaten out and been living off of KD, porridge, and beer to start pimping out my miracles deck. why the fuck is a foil counterbalance so much fucking money
>>
Well SCG Orlando is 1 week away and I don't have the LEDs for Dredge nor the completed sideboard for Burn. I could fill out the LED spots with Putrid Imps and Tireless Tribe or I could go throw together the few missing cards for my Burn sideboard.

Ideas?
>>
>>49295212
How much are those? I'm kinda interested in 4c mentor ~~
>>
>>49295534
I've been seeing them at the lowest for 120 syrup dollars
>>
anyone seen any lists from small japanese tournaments? they have some really dope tech choices, someone went 3-0 with a dredge deck that ran burning inquiry
>>
>>49295698
Yeah... How about no for me then... I'd rather upgrade my duals...
>>
So what are the advantages of magic online over xmage? Could I put in a budget deck and kick ass with it and slowly buy stuff i'd want for irl magic with digital cards?
>>
>>49296147
It's official. That's it.
>>
>>49295331
Play a more consistent and draw-oriented Dredge list instead of a ridiculously inconsistent and overrated card.
>>
>>49295917
you could play 4 storm crow in a dredge list and go 3-0 is no one was running grave hate.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
I wanna play dredge.
Should I have a manabase or no? How does having one change the deck's matchups? Any basic tips/interactions I should know?
Also is it just me or does the one with a mana base seem a little inconsistent when goldfishing? Unless I'm really doing it wrong.
>>
>>49297274
Mana dredge is better at fighting hate and I think most dredge players would agree it's just the better version, but it is more expensive. I don't play dredge I'm no expert.
>>
File: WP_20160911_009.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160911_009.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
What's the spiciest tech you guys run?
I'm still saddened over the fact I had to let Hapless Researcher go (the meta doesn't really give him a great spot to shine), so I want S P I C E
>>
>>49297440
4x Dark ritual and go all in 1st turn.
>>
>>49297274
>B: generate X Zombie tokens, draw 6 cards
I didn't know how much I wanted this until now.

Manaless folds to graveyard hate. LED can fight through it. Having a manabase gives you access to Firestorm and Nature's Claim, both of which can be considered killer cards in a number of match-ups. With Dredge you have to mulligan aggressively to get the pieces you want, namely: gold land, discard outlet, a Dredger, and a draw spell. If you haven't read the MTGSalvation Primer that went up about a month ago, I recommend going and taking a look. It'll save you some time.
>>
>>49297274
LED dredge is generally established to be the better deck because of consistency
I have no idea how it's inconsistent for you, I goldfish all the time and very rarely can I not win by turn 3 or 4 at the latest
maybe you have a weird list
>>
>>49297440
I've been testing Daze in my DDFT list. Haven't done enough to make a decision on it yet. I've also been thinking about turning my Pox list into a Reanimator Pox brew.
>>
>>49297440
Uh probably lim dul's vault, another anon mentioned it the other day and I did a couple game with it it's fucking bonkers
>>
File: 1473631530740947244556.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1473631530740947244556.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
So what's everyone up to? I'm having a sick draft at my LGS and maybe trade some underground seas to help a bro build ANT
>>
>>49297969
theology homework
>>
>>49297969
writing my second book
I should be finishing my calculus homework
I'm going to marathon X-Files tonight
I yearn for death
>>
>>49297969
playing late night dota and pondering how in the hell I can make my deck faster.
>>
>>49298448
What are you playing?
>>
>>49297969
Studying for the GRE.
>>
>>49297969
I'm helping my fiance hang curtains
>>
>>49298185
name of 1st book or subject at least?
>>
>>49298693
Epic fantasy, loosely based on some roleplaying adventures I wish I had.
>>
>>49298718
>Epic fantasy, loosely based on some roleplaying adventures I wish I had.
More details! How long did you write it? How big is it? has it brought you money and joy
>>
>>49298745
It took me about a year to write, initial draft was 200k, final draft was 160k. It's brought me a lot of happiness but no ca$h money. tfw self published
>>
>>49298770
Hey i've written a novel too. it was short though, only about 60k words. it remains unpublished. I would never do it again.
>>
>>49298487
UR artifact welder brew thing that has focus on the welder itself and effects like it (daretti, trash for treasure, scrap mastery.)
Not that great of a thing yet since I do not seem to get relevant shit (sundering titan, Myr Battlesphere, wurmcoil, anger) into grave fast.

Biggest problem is that my nature I am a by nature miser with a terrible hobby and format for that so I am constantly trying to find cheaper solutions instead of just buying Intuitions (not even that expensive) and etc.
>>
>>49298850
This sounds really fun, I'll try brewing up a list and we can compare results. You run Thirst/Looting+Anger for haste?
>>
>>49298893
>You run Thirst/Looting+Anger for haste?
Yes
Even tested Taigam's Scheming trying to dig and dump things from library while trying not to hit things I want to draw but does not work that well because the card is pretty shit when I started to actually think about it.
>>
>>49298850
post list
>>
>>49299342
-Welders
4 Welder
3 Daretti
2 trash for treasure
1 Scrap Mastery

-Things to Weld from grave
3 Myr battle sphere
2 Sharuum
1 Wurm coil
1 Sundering titan
1 Spine of Ish Sah
1 Kuldotha forgemaster

-Looting
3 Faithless
3 careful study
3 Izzet charm
3 Cephalid colosseum

-Toolbox/combo pieces/things to weld from battlefield
3 Anger
1 Altar of the brood
3 chromatic star
2 Tangle wire
1 Ichor wellspring

-Tutors
3 Gamble
3 Goblin matron ("oh boi a tutor for my welder that costs cents")

2 pyroblast (1 sb)
1 dispel (2 sb)

1 Spicy meatball called Scarpyard Salvo

For lands only things worth mentionin are 4 of Great furnace and Seat of synod

Honestly I am kind of ashamed to show my shitty cheapass brews that only kinda functions in its current form. It is very much WIP deck.
>>
>>49299728
Boy, you think THAT'S bad.

4 Aetherflux Reservoir

4 Imperial Recruiter
4 Nearheath Pilgrim
4 Volcano Hellion

4 Enlightened Tutor
4 Faithless Looting

4 Manamorphose
3 Seething Song
3 Desperate Ritual
2 Pyretic Ritual
2 Chord of Calling

22 Lands
>>
>>49299794
that is spicy
>>
>>49299728
What if you went for like lock pieces and sol lands instead of all the looting? Could throw in Dack Fayden instead and it would loot like crazy, and then you could throw in chalic/trinisphere and maybe like lodestone golem
You could also be using like 2-3 metalworker to power out stuff if you can't weld.
Altar of the brood seems like shit, ichor wellspring seems a lot better.
Gamble and Matron seem like they aren't work it
Transmute artifact might be cool, you could also throw in a singleton painter + stone just to have a dedicated combo finish in the deck
>>
>>49299828
Needs better tutors and a better way to get the combo online. I haven't touched it much, this deck is in the worst colors for draw spells (RWG)
>>
>>49299794
I think Eladamri's Call would almost be better than Chord of Calling. It would certainly make your manabase easier to build and not as weak to Blood Moon/Wasteland.
>>
>>49299794
>>49300014
OR you could perform some extreme jank with Defense of the Heart.
>>
I tried brewing up a list, and this is what i came up with. Nothing for SB yet but some number of Trinisphere and Tangle Wire sound good.
2x Dack Fayden
4x Daretti, Scrap Savant

4x Faithless Looting
2x Flusterstorm
4x Force of Will
4x Thirst for Knowledge

4x Izzet Signet

4x Anger
4x Goblin Welder
4x Sundering Titan
3x Wurmcoil Engine

4x Ancient Tomb
2x Mountain
4x Seat of the Synod
4x Great Furnace
4x Volcanic Island
2x Cephalid Coliseum
>>
>>49299977
Did you notice how the natural next step in this would just be "Why not just play insert MUD/Painter/actual established deck here*"

A lot of cards currently In are from heavy heavy budget constraints and I started to develop this from an idea of "How could I repeat jesters Scepter etb as many times as possible? Oh goblin welder is a card that can do that". So for all porpoises it is a pet deck that I plan to work and tinker with in a long run.

I hope that my unemployment will soon end so I can start to consider 10+ eurodollar cards over food
>>
>>49299794
I did some brewing of my own, based on Painter's Servant but with a Living Wish package to help assemble your combo. Maybe it will give you some ideas.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reservoir-dogs-3/
>>
File: 1461378380122.gif (1MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461378380122.gif
1MB, 720x480px
>>49300860
>it's a $3300 tier 4 deck
LEGACYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>49300970
you could srop the two painter's servants and the grindstone and swap the Imperial recruiters for Recruiter of the guard. That would drop the price by at least 1k.
>>
>>49300254
>Did you notice how the natural next step in this would just be "Why not just play insert MUD/Painter/actual established deck here*"
Yeah, but I didn't say to build any of those decks
I think RU welder would be awesome and it might be able to work, it'd just have to borrow some elements from more established decks. I think it can do a lot of stuff that Tezz or Mud can't and it could be explored
I missed the part about the budget, I can't really help there bc I don't think there's a cheap way to make the deck work
>>
>>49301048

You can't substitute Recruiter of the Guard for Imperial Recruiters, IR's search for power, RotG's search for toughness. Painter has a power of 1 and a toughness of 3.

Recruiter CAN work in Celphalid Breakfast though, as it can grab both creatures to get the combo off (and is in the right colors, Blue/White)
>>
>>49301172
That's why I said to frop the painters, ya dingus.
>>
>>49301048
>>49301201
"drop", not srop or frop. whoops
>>
>>49301201

I'm sorry, I didn't read carefully enough, I apologize.
>>
>>49301245
It's okay. I did say I was basing it off of a Painter list, so that might lead to a lot of confusion when I also said to swap recruiters.
>>
>>49290152
EMG are you a Canuck?!
>>
>>49293683
>>49293625
Okay, that makes sense.

See, this is why I play Manaless. Simple. You keep your 7, and you cross your fingers.
>>
>>49297969
watching last week's RAW
>>
>>49301554
Yeah, did the beer really give it away? I could've sworn I've seen the beer in the states before. It's quite popular.
>>
>>49301890
American beers don't have French on them
>>
>>49301962
Ah I didn't even notice the French on it. I forget that they put a language I don't speak on all the labels because 1 province said fuck you
>>
Does any of you play Magic Online? How is it?

I played an UB Reanimator but the players here were total fucking ass and playing was just no fun at all so I quit 2 years ago. I don't like playing other formats and I miss Legacy. Is it worth it?
>>
>>49302151
It's cheaper than paper and enforces the rules, but unlike Cockatrice and XMage, you have to pay to play. Side note, but you played with people from /tg/? How bad are we talking?
>>
>>49302151
I play on mtgo and real life and I think it can be worth it. I can get a lot of reps in with my deck which is helpful. I don't do many tournaments, just the occasional league. Mostly I play in the tourney practice room. If you aren't going to play irl, mtgo is a good option since many decks are significantly cheaper
>>
File: 20160911_233344.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px)
20160911_233344.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
LOOK WHAT WAS WAITING FOR ME WHEN I GOT HOME
>>
File: 0007.jpg (15KB, 261x403px)
0007.jpg
15KB, 261x403px
>>49302308
>he's building the meme deck in paper
LITERALLY
A
GOD
DAMN
HERO
>>
File: R17p0ro.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
R17p0ro.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>49302233

Nah, not people from /tg/. I live in Brazil and it was just a miserable experience because I kinda disrupted the huge circlejerk scene here. The guys playing all knew each other from many years ago (10+), so I came in with my brand new UB Reanimator deck and rekt everybody, winning the first tournament I attended to and from then on I could easily tell I was not welcome there. I kept going though because fuck them and the entire meta shifted into a huge anti-reanimator circlejerk, even though I always made sure to bring in new stuff and catch them off guard, so I managed to maintain a relatively high success rate.

There was a guy that got so fucking butthurt I beat him 2-0 once in a semifinal where he was 2-0ing everybody until he faced me he pretty much became my sworn enemy. Shit was just fucking pathetic. For reference, the last time we faced each other he was playing Pox and was trying to shit talk me throughout the whole match. I won the first game and on the second one I pulled the sole Sigarda I had in my sideboard and managed to reanimate her. He was so visibly mad he just got up, took all his cards and left the place without saying a single word. I absolutely loved those tears but it came to a point I didn't even know why was I even bothering going to this trash so I quit for good. I mean, it's a fucking game after all, and yet it felt like I was suddenly starring a new seasons of the Yu-Gi-Oh anime where everyone was super cereal about that shit. Fuck that noise.

I played a lot of Magic Duels lately but that thing is just so fucking buggy and unfinished it always turns out into a very frustrating experience to me, so I was wondering about Magic Online. A shame Reanimator seems to be getting shat on it seems though, I really liked the little thing.

>>49302237
I see, and how are the decks? Do most people have completely finished tier 1 decks or do you see your fair share of "make do" cards (Foil instead of FoW, shit dual lands, etc)?
>>
>>49302387
most of the decks are tier decks. you get the usual smattering of rogue decks and occasional bogus poo decks. but for example, Underground Sea is ~200 bucks in paper, and ~30 bucks on MTGO. so lots of people have complete decks. One or 2 decks are almost non-existent online due to things like pricing anomalies.

>>49302332
There's one more summoner's pact in the mail, but my updated lists haven't even been running it, so really I have all the parts I need to build the deck. And just in time for my LGS to start bi-weekly legacy...
>>
>>49302448
Please rate my current Lich list + sideboard.

4 Lotus Petal
2 Zuran Orb

4 Authochthon Wurm

4 Nefarious Lich
2 Lich

4 Nourishing Shoal
4 Brainstorm
4 Dark Ritual
4 Thoughtseize
4 Ponder
3 Cabal Ritual
2 Lim-Dul's Vault
2 Grapeshot
1 Summoner's Pact

4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Polluted Delta
3 Swamp
2 Underground Sea
1 Badlands
1 Bayou
1 Island

SIDEBOARD
4 Leyline of the Void
3 Flusterstorm
2 Abrupt Decay
2 Pithing Needle
2 Preordain
1 Ad Nauseam
1 Tendrils of Agony
>>
>>49302665
Your main is pretty close to what I'm on. I need to do more testing with LDV to figure out how it affects the numbers of the other combo pieces, but I think your list is pretty good. As for the sideboard, I think you really need 3 Decay. I don't know about the Ad Naus/Tendrils plan. I'm not a huge fan of Leyline of the Void but it's fine if your meta calls for really strong grave hate.

7.5/10, sideboard drags it down a bit IMHO
>>
>>49302665
>tfw actually making a lich list
9.5/10, because DDFT guy was first
>>
>yfw a bunch of strangers walk into your LGS with the same meme deck
>they all have Nourishing Lich
>watching them play this deck is some of your only exposure to the legacy format
>some new players perspective of the format is warped by shitty memes
>>
>>49303129
>tfw a bunch of guys come in playing a deck called nourishing lich
>tfw you thought you knew a lot about legacy but they keep telling you it's THE best deck
>tfw you ordered all the cards for nourishing lich

We'll make it spread boys
>>
>>49303263
I also made this horrible mistake. About half the cards I needed showed up a few days ago.
>>
>>49303278
I don't know whether to be proud of what I started or horrified by it.
>>
>>49303278
>>49303323
After I foil out my miracles deck, I'm definitely getting this deck. Loljk I'm going to trade for all of it at the next con I go to
>>
>>49302017
As an Albertan, I wholeheartedly agree with you.
>>
>>49303635
As British Columbian, please tell everyone from there to go home, you're all terrible drivers and summer is over
>>
>>49303635
>>49303891
Sorry, just sick of all the near accidents. Didn't mean to sound mad at you in particular. Also another mindless bump.
>>
>>49303922
Dude you think you know how bad Albertan drivers are, but you don't. Not until you see a 6 car pile up in a 50 zone.

No offense taken, we're all awful behind the wheel. Good choice on the OK springs, btw.
>>
>>49296147
Magic Online lets you spend paper on digital cardboard. So if that's your thing, then MO is better.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.