[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Gringott's from the Harry Potter series honor a USAA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (164KB, 1650x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 1650x900px
Would Gringott's from the Harry Potter series honor a USAA insurance policy?

For that matter, would USAA even *have* accounts/policies for the Wizarding Community?
>>
>>49246279

This is an oddly specific question, does the Wizarding world even have insurance policies?
>>
>>49246430

I would like to think so, but I don't know for sure unless I suddenly grow a pair and ask JK Rowling on Twitter, which I don't see happening anytime soon.
>>
>>49246676

It would make sense for them to, magical accidents and all that business. It's something that has always bothered me about the universe is the Wizards have a strong vibrant community that you only see the surface of but in order to have that surface there would have to be a larger population of wizards than what is stated in the books doing all the other implied jobs to keep the system moving forward
>>
>>49246279
Given the extent of USAA within the USA and its associated military ties, I would suspect it'd be somewhat known to major financial institutions in ally nations; I would assume Gringott's, being to the scale they are, would know of USAA. At a guess, it would be honored to the degree that at least a moderate muggle UK financial institution is honored; how much that would be though, I am unsure.
Noting that the British gov't is barely aware of non-muggle things (UK or otherwise), I'd assume that any dealing between Gringott's and muggle financial institutions would involve some intermediary company (though USA institutions may be more or less aware, it's unstated).
I would assume in general that USAA wouldn't know of Gringott's (aside from possibly some higher ups making a reasonable guess) but may well work through an intermediary in dealing with them regardless.

>>49246782
Honestly, I imagine that at least some of the magical Ministry's job is dealing with various intermediaries. That said, more than a few wizarding areas seem to function on having already been set up and cleared long ago, legal registry-wise, and don't seem to need much in the way of utilities.
>>
>>49246782
The potterverse doesn't have great world-building.
>>
>>49247078

Honestly I think your biggest problem here is going to be the fact that USAA is focused on helping American military families and thus Americans in general. They're more likely to have a liaison with the American magical government/banks than the British one. Thus the process of getting anything taken care of now has to jump across multiple magical borders.
>>
>>49247468

Sorry, meant to respond to OP
>>
>>49246279
>We want to hide the fact that we're wizards from people who aren't
>So we're going to have our goblin banks interact with their lawyers on a regular basis
It would work for shit like the Mist in the Percy Jackson series, but not for a world where magic is hard to hide.
Which reminds me, why the fuck don't wizards in HP own everything? Is there some sort of secret society that would rise up and crush wizards with antimagic or even, if you're willing to go this far, divine magic if they tried? After all, ghosts exist and apparently Death is a person, so there being some sort of ensured divine intervention isn't out of the ballpark.
>>
>>49247617

I think the explanation already in place is the best one, Wizards aren't invincible and there are a whole shit ton more Muggles than them. A gun will kill them just as dead
>>
>>49247468

Except USAA, from what I've been told, are literally able to get people insured for when the apocalypse rears its ugly head.
>>
>>49249255

Really, what kind of insurance policy is that, and how would you even be able to collect on it? Do they have a structure out there designed to survive the apocalypse? Because if they do that's badass
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.