[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Characters you want to play but are too Edgy/That Guy/Mary Sue/Magical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 61

File: reslyoc01_zps69795471.png (214KB, 518x676px) Image search: [Google]
reslyoc01_zps69795471.png
214KB, 518x676px
Post whatever characters you would play if they weren't so damn cancerous.

Me personally, one of the ideas floating around in my head is for a future D:tD 4k 7th Edition campaign would be to play a Daemonhost Dryad of Slaanesh who LOVES meat, couldn't get enough even before she Exalted. Now though, her tastes are, while much improved, have also extended to include many sapient species, with the exception of Dryads (she's not a cannibal).

I want to play with a "You eat what you kill" angle to it, only consuming those whom I have killed myself, because the best meals are the ones that you have made yourself. That and the fact that she grew up among a particularly militant Grove of Dryads, who not only hunt and eat meat but have done it so long that while they still can photosynth but the ability only 'Turns On' during lean times.

I wouldn't go out of my way to antagonize the party by eating the corpses of my foes right in battle or were/when it might offend them/others, nor do I ever plan to try to attack them but I know for a fact most groups wouldn't trust a Slaaneshi faggot NOT to do that, besides the (apparent) hardcore vore fetish, despite the fact that I hate vore myself.

Another point of note that would be the fact that my character would be OBSESSED with eating other Exalts, with special interest in eating Chosen, other Daemonhosts, and Demiurge, because they're the closest to 'God flesh' that my character can consume. This will must likely lead to even less trust from the party, particularly from those that want to play those Exaltations, when all I want to do is hunt greater shit and eat it, not fuck with the party in any (negative) way.

>Want to play a literal man-Eater
>Too fucking fetish and That Guy to even attempt
>feelbadman.jpg
>>
File: family.jpg (341KB, 1024x1460px) Image search: [Google]
family.jpg
341KB, 1024x1460px
>>49219465
High rank retired succubus with a family to maintain.
>>
>>49219701
That actually sounds nice! Is her family relatively 'new' or is she an old matriarch?
>>
File: teeth_by_surealkatie-d9puezu.jpg (377KB, 1249x1759px) Image search: [Google]
teeth_by_surealkatie-d9puezu.jpg
377KB, 1249x1759px
>>49219465
Being a man-eater, outside of civilized society, is too edgy? I've got a cannibalistic TN orc druid on the backburner, just waiting in case my current character bites the dust. Also having a "waste not, want not" mindset, chowing down on fools that picked a fight. It's only natural the stronger predators eat lesser prey, anyhow!
>>
>>49219465
The rebel, who takes down an opressive goverment through violence. Maybe she's a police officer, or an army veteran. Or a private detective.
There is no way in hell I'm playing anything like this after Hunger Games aired, however.
>>
I am debating a character idea. Kind of a civil werewolf idea but I tried to make it work differently.

They're an awkward girl that reverts physically into a were-no-particular-mammal under pressure thats more nimble and direct, but they aren't a savage unstoppable monster, simply just appeasing dat lizard brain. I don't know if its a good idea because I don't like the idea of killing machine werecreature, nor a 'misunderstood beast'.

Is it an okay idea?
>>
File: dblstrkp-trading card.png (569KB, 480x677px) Image search: [Google]
dblstrkp-trading card.png
569KB, 480x677px
Joined a marvel FASERIP game last year where the GM had every person use the same set of random rolls to generate their characters with. You could assign the rolls however you wanted, meaning everyone had the potential to be fairly equal as far as power levels, so none of hat random shit where Hawkeye is fighting next to Thor...

I made this guy:
Fighting: In. 40
Agility: In. 40 (30)
Strength: Mn.75 (30)
Endurance: Am.50 (30)
Reason: Am.50
Intuition: Rm.30
Psyche: Rm.30

Health: 205 (130)

Resources: Rm.30
Popularity: 0

Talents:
Electronics, Engineering

Powers
Body Armor Rm.30
Elongation Gd.10 (2 areas)
Extra Attacks Am.50
Extra Parts-Tentacle Arms

According to the rules (as a GM myself, I know this), I would be able to deliver 4 attacks per round of 75 points of damage each, totalling 300 each round.

That broke the game and after the initial "training session" *cough*retcon*cough* I had to make a new character that wasn't so badass...

Fuckin whiners didn't like it that I knew how to game the system ;)
>>
>>49219760
Old matriarch. In a real world based setting she could have the spirit of some Caesar or some Borgia stalking on her. While she tries to avoid her daughters turning into sluts.
>>
I want to play a super pyromancer that's basically brand from league of losers

also an entirely separate god tier flame swordsman
>>
>>49219866
See, you have the right idea but even my best friend thinks that it's Magical Realm, despite knowing me for years. Then again, he's known me forever and I'm the closest known parallel to an actual Slaaneshi faggot, so he might be seeing something to the character and myself that I'm not even seeing...
>>
>>49219923
So you want to play Anita Blake or Honor Harrington.
>>
>>49219923
I happen to have the Werewolf: the Apocalypse Breedbooks lying around, and if you want inspiration, there's probably nowhere better to start.
https://www.mediafire.com/?ancfij07k8oqaux,njhaieojsgxnsln,7y7eq3wwoif5127,nh6gk24xgar8326,fyxidihn7vgu8gw,wejvy7y0p3ki53l,lny248kddf228v9,y7wf4vybaaoy9ym,rbgzaa4679cg44f
Grouped Mediafire links are a mess, but at least they work.
>>
File: 341664.jpg (501KB, 1200x1510px) Image search: [Google]
341664.jpg
501KB, 1200x1510px
Feral child whose first encounter with civilization was being thrown into a pen to do dog fights, moved on to gladitorial blood sport when older, mostly just used and abused and so remains feral. Grew freakisly tall and still looks lanky despite having arms like other people have thighs, retardedly strong, surprisingly fast and just doesnt't seem to wanna go down despite soaking up horrible amounts of punishment. Scars and disfigurements all over, and thoroughly scary looking. Doesn't talk much, if at all, incapable of functioning in society and needs to be taken care of, easily scared or fascinated by the unknown, desperately in need of hugs, overly protective of any provider of said hugs. Any character development would focus of becoming a real person. Basically, a the human version of a rescued fighting dog. Variations include murder cyborg with bits of humanity buried in it somewhere and abused attack dog Sith apprentice.

In any actual games the group would probably get tired of having to babysit what looks like an edgy min maxed close combat power house.
>>
File: Reinhard Fighting.gif (8MB, 670x380px) Image search: [Google]
Reinhard Fighting.gif
8MB, 670x380px
A Master Swordsman copy but without all the extremely OP blessings. Although still some of the blessings, or at the very least start with few to none and a chance to earn more blessings.
>>
A disgruntled veteran who suffers from a bad case of PTSD made even worse sine the army he and the squad used to be part of lost
>>
Katana-dude with a shitload of different swordstyles. Which one is beeing used at the time is beeing indicated by what mask he is wearing.
>>
>>49220664
The katana part is irrelevant. The mask and sword styles sounds cool to me.
>>
File: 1472003352673.jpg (209KB, 1012x750px) Image search: [Google]
1472003352673.jpg
209KB, 1012x750px
>>49220355
>Tfw your friends regularly play evil characters.
>Tfw you tend towards good and lawful alignments.
>Tfw when you try to meaningfully role play any form of trying to connect with them and perhaps try to establish any sense of humanity or conscience in them
>"Lol, no. I'm evil."
Where are people like you in my games plz.
>>
File: 2tapn6m.jpg (59KB, 520x502px) Image search: [Google]
2tapn6m.jpg
59KB, 520x502px
Plucky kid characters AKA Sette Fruumagem or Ava from Ava's demon

Too bad I'm a fat sadboy.
>>
>>49220788
Different anon. We usually get shunned or shut down for "waifu" or sue characters.
No idea why but anything close to a redemption story where the story isn't just template A turns into template A with a conscience gets people riled. Actually making Template A turn into Human Being seems to trigger some sort of hate people have.
>>
>>49220807
Sette is basically one of those Chaotic Randumb characters /tg/ is always bitching about.
>>
File: PC.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
PC.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
i want to play two characters during one campaign, one a above the level of the party and one below the level of the party, father and son

the idea is to have the father a renown hero, leave retirement and hit the road again to stop a rising evil, join the party and via GM fiat make him save the party a few times and help them make some conections with some important NPC, until they face the BBG and he is killed while the rest of the party flees

then enter the son, a low level adventurer, burden to the party and hot headed angst kid trying to prove that he can be someone instead of just the "Son of a hero" by any means or actions also trying to avenge his father even he hate him for leaving him, his mother and sisters behind just to have one last adventure because he need to revive his glorious past instead of being with his family

to bad i'm forever GM
>>
>>49219866
Cannibals are A-OK as long as you're willing to accept the logical consequences - resist disease rolls against Kuru, and social ostracism.

I normally play non-D&D systems though, so I don't bother people about being "the right alignment" for the party - all I ask is a common goal and a reason to tolerate each other's company.
>>
>>49220952

Eh I dunno feels more fleshed out to me. Although yeah, part of what makes it a toxic ass choice (and it is on so many levels). That said I don't actually wanna be Sette I just... wanna be the little girl. ;_;
>>
>>49220952
Nah, she's an actual child and dick-ass thief.

Alignments are useless.
>>
>>49220980

>kuru

Isn't that specific to a particular set of tribes, rather than a general issue with cannibalism?
>>
>>49221015
>wanna be the little girl.
I was about to question your sexuality, but then I remembered we're on /tg/.
>>
>>49221043

Nope, Its a cannibalism issue. Caused by prions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion

The trick is don't eat organs like brains or livers, don't' exclusively eat people meat and if you gotta eat a motherfucker stick to the limb and ass flesh and stay away from torso meat
>>
>>49221063

Its not even a sex thing I just like the character archetype. I mean obviously my mental state is questionable since I just provided useful advice for cannibals and admitted to wanting to be a little girl but I mean, its not like I wanna dick myself or get dicked, avoiding getting dicked would be a full time occupation for a kid adventurer.
>>
I wanna play a legit animal girl. She's not animalistic or anything, she just has the ears and tail(that are mobile and act like cat ears/tail), and is otherwise a completely regular person.

Because I find it cute as hell.
>>
>>49221090
When you say 'little girl' how old are we talking here? I'd have no problem playing a teenage girl in a game, but anything <12 is just kinda "ehh"
>>
>>49220980
We've been over it but kuru is rare. The only time it's an issue is if you follow bad food practices consistently for generations and you have the genetic proclivity for it.
Theres tons of evidence basically every group at some point in time delved into serious cannibalism with zero consequences. Even modern day cannibalism elsewhere suffers zero problems assuming they avoid the bad organs.
There's no reason the orcs wouldn't have zero issue either. Especially if they're eating things like elves or humans or anything thats not strictly its own species or even close family.

Tl:dr there's no reason even in reality they should have health issues.
Obviously the social issues remain.
>>
>>49221114
yeah about twelve. Also its more than 'ehh' nigga I'd never even approach this shit at a table. But I /wanna/, because I'm a fucker.
>>
I want to play a paladin with Don Quixote tier delusions.
But that would be annoying I think.
>>
>>49221037
But she's not. She's like 30 or so. She's just remained the same age from whenever her pappy was youthful to now his beard is getting really peppered.
>>
>>49221064

Thanks anon, I'll remember that in future
>>
One problem with a lot of these concepts and ideas is that they're not very good for a group game, but they'd be fine for a solo game.
>>
>>49221168

Yeah yeah but the whole 'REALLY A THOUSAND YEAR OLD VAMPIRE' schtick is so played and meaningless it practically doesn't bear mentioning, especially since Sette is still essentially sporting the mind of a child along with the body and attitude.
>>
>>49221129
>>49221064
>>49221043
>>49220980
>All these fucking Meatbag problems
>From eating the shit there made of!
Dryads represent!
>>
>>49221064
They actually disproved that. All of what you said is ONLY applicable if its a close relative (3 degrees of relation) and was compounded by slight incest due to group sizes. Assuming you aren't related all the actual muscle mass is fine but just avoid human organs altogether for various reason beyond just the prion you'd probably get.
Eating people meat exclusively is also not recommended not for the prion which we've covered but for the fact you get severe nutrient deficiencies like iron deficiency.
>>
>>49221110
The reason that those characters are often forbidden is that if you find it cute, you're generally a lot more likely to get irrational and unreasonable defending it. You'll focus on making your character act "cute" instead of in accordance with the concept, game and setting, and you'll become more upset when she's in danger than if you found her interesting as a character.
This is not only personal experience, it's conglomerated from literally thousands of posts on this board, both from people for and against that type of character. Sexual or romantic attraction to a character means a greater risk of sidelining relevant activities to show off what makes that character attractive to you, which risks derailing the game and alienating other players as well as not meshing with the tone of many games.
On top of that, a big warning flag is a character with traits that don't make any sense and/or should be impossible in the setting, but are tacked on simply because the player finds it attractive.
If you had an explanation for why the character had animal ears and a tail, and of course could tell me what it brought to the character and how it could be used in play, I would consider accomodating it, as would a lot of other GMs. Until you do that satisfactorily, though, it's just going to be a liability - and I know that there are GMs out there who'll reject or badmouth your character first just to find out if you throw a shit fit, then only approve it if you tackle it in a mature manner and follow the GM's ideas for a more fitting character.
>>
>>49221191
Fuck florans. They grow tits JUST to make you get closer and drop your guard.
>>
>>49221196
Oh word? Least I got the best practices right.
>>
>>49221209
What's a floran? I just googled pictures of evil dryads.
>>
>>49221219
Basically. Meats okay so long as you can't call it an second uncle and organs are bad due to the way our digestive system and filtration processes store OBSCENE amounts of bad microorganisms and verious vitamins and minerals. Hell, eating a human liver might give you lethal doses of vitamin C. Digestive flora are unique to each person and might not be safe to introduce into yours. Brains do lead to prion issues. Hearts way to full of iron to be actually healthy. All other organs have scary amounts of microorganisms you do not want in your body away from said containment devices.
Eyes are okay and if they're anything like other animal's eyes are quiet tasty.
>>
>>49221250
Plant aliens from Starbound. They eat people.
>>
>>49221153
What if I told you that there was a whole RPG built around plucky kids having plucky kid adventures with pet monsters, themed around anything from wacky hijinks to a child's view of Lovecraftian horror?
>>
>>49221209
you. I like you. Glitch represent.
>>
>>49221205

This guy knows his shit. A lot of people tend to fall into the trap of fighter rogue or wizard, no past no background, bland ass vanilla because they get disenchanted with the idea of making a character that is too 'mary sue' or 'edgelord' or whatever

But really its about what you as a player can pull off without ham handedly fisting yourself into the setting. For instance a cannibal edgelord fits a lot more nicely into mad max apocalyptic than it does into swords and sorcery fantasy.

Basically it requires a modicum of personal charisma so you turds won't ever be able to pull it off, stick to your boring characters.
>>
>>49221250
Unisexual plant people from Starbound. Zero morals hence the torture for fun thing, they eat primarily meat with a pention for sentients meat, again due to lack of morals see zero problems with this other than it for whatever reason carries a stigma among other races they literally can't understand, routinely inhabit areas where lone adventurers and wandering types will frequent, their explanation for tits or even a female model in general is they realized that this tends to make attracting male prey of various species vastly easier.
They're even a playable race and its obvious they're a dev's waifu race as they're the most filled out, encompass several fetishes, and are purpose designed to punish attempting to fuck them.
I'd have to find it but one of the official art pieces for then shows a "female" floran sunbathing on a rock being seductive for a male adventurer while the bones and equipment of previous prey is sticking out from behind said rock.
>>
>>49221271
Well, as OP, this interests me. You have a link to more info and/or stories related to them? Might help me develop my character more.
>>
>>49221273

Ehh, see another gross part about it is I wanna be interacting with the grown ups and being disturbingly unchildlike in some regards because it implies an amount of trauma and tragedy without actually showing it or dipping into the faggy pit of 'I WAS WAPED BY A DEMON.

For instance a concept I was vetting for an elder scrolls themed game was an orphan kid who was apprenticed into the thieves guild early, a backstabbing little skooma mule and all around mouthy turd with money on the brain. Manipulative as shit and twice as mean
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 265x452px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 265x452px
"The Iron Baron": ripped from an idyllic home in a sunny town by a bandit attack and saved by a bunch of traveling mercenaries, he grew from a chipper six year old to a hardened killer of such renown that they gave him a title known across the land in the mercenary circle called the "Royalty of Steel".
Then, he fell in love.
While working a war, he fell for a woman who ran a bakery. After the war had ended, he settled down with her and had two children, moving into the town and building a home for all of them with his own two hands.
One day, after a day of work, he finds his house aflame, his wife stabbed dead, his children missing, and a carved note on the wall starting with the symbol of the steel royalty.
The note reads that the Iron Baron died long ago, and the dead have no kin.

Mechanics-wise he's a 5e Battlemaster/Berserker.
However no group I can find like him because he's "too edgy"
>>
>>49221394

You could shorten it to 'pressganged by sellswords' and nobody would bat an eyeball.
>>
>>49219465
Anything at all.
>>
>mildly less grimdark Guts
I don't see the issue
>>
>>49221425
Meant as a reply to >>49221394
>>
File: confused negro.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
confused negro.png
74KB, 300x256px
>>49221394
>the dead have no kin.
Then who the fuck comes to funerals?
>>
>>49221394

I think the big problem is that he has a lot of implied previous experience and a lot of your own setting to splice into someone elses, like what if a DM doesn't wanna have a band of mercs known as 'the royalty of steel'
>>
>>49221340
Doubtful. They're literally made to be edgy torture machines with zero moral compass.
They as an entire species enjoy torture and are physically incapable of understanding morals though they can mimic them to lure prey.
Age isn't a thing either they'll kill kids and only view it as a lesser meal for their effort via size.
>>
>>49221340

Also keep in mind >>49221581 this guy makes them sound edgier than they are, the game is cutesy and aims to be comfy so they're not exactly SCARY SPOOKY
>>
>>49221679
They cannibalized the first contacters and then got angry because they couldn't understand why the other species got angry they ate the first contact team.
They're biologically sociopathic and the only reason they have diplomatic relations is they pretend to have morals because they made the connection that at least acting like they have them means they won't be sanctioned back to their planet and are therefore free to travel and eat other sentients out of eyesight. They actively hunt and seduce prey off the beaten path just so there won't be witnesses and this is every member of the species that has these leanings.
That torture line about only kids having mercy? Thats an ingame line.
>>
>>49219465
I kind of want to do the opposite of standard character creation conventions. It seems everybody is trying to have some badass background character story to be strong, independent, and ultimately super capable. Every character I've encountered has been young and yet somehow adventuring forever, and their families are nowhere to be found.

With all this in mind, I want to create a 40 year old homebody who lives with his wife and kids. He works a relatively simple occupation as a blacksmith and merchant, comfortable in his life in his hometown that he has never left, and has no real personal reason to leave or travel or abandon his family. A simple man devoid of vice and relatively content with his life, and content to live it in obscurity

Something to stand in contrast to all the young blood warriors and wizards seeking greatness.
>>
>>49219465
>Vorefags
>>
>>49221752
But then what is the point of being in an adventuring party? Why even play if you're going to do and be nothing of note?
>>
>>49221340
http://starbounder.org/Floran
>>
>>49221791
You're putting words in his mouth.
There's nothing there saying that he's not going to do anything of note or be anything of note. The fun part, in fact, is roleplaying (remember, this is a roleplaying game - you come for the roleplaying and use rolls to help it along) exactly how such a person acts in the company of adventurers and mercenaries, and how his own view on life or circumstances might change.
I can bet you that I can make an interesting character who spends his whole life in Peoria working a video store counter, with no magical abilities, no other qualifications and no important contacts - just someone who's interesting because of his personality and circumstances, not because he has a special sword or special powers.
>>
>>49221581
>>49221739
Damn. My character has some similarities isn't THAT far gone. Besides, she's the only one from her tribe that eats sapient flesh, though now that she's an assassin (even edgier!), touring the Wheel, getting cool eats, improving her hunting skills, and telling her tribe all about it in the various messages she sends, I could see a DM using that as a plot point for the dryads in her Grove, turn to mercenary and assassination to get dosh AND cool new meat, turn more sociopathic as time went on...

>>49221772
Not a vorefag. Just want to play a plant person that REALLY creeps out her friends, despite her aggressive friendlines. That and to consume my foes.
>>
I unironically love the idea of playing a half-demon. The usual tropes of resisting demonic influences would all apply, but my main idea would be that he has to take daily anti-rejection meds like an organ donor recipient or suffer a painful death. An outcast due to the horns and hellish powers, he's forced to turn to crime for medication funding until he meets the party...

Also, once he's finally accepted and no longer evil by necessity, he would open up an orphanage for other demonic children because of course he would.
>>
>>49221791
I wound talk to my DM before game, and leave it to him to introduce a catalyst to spur the necessity of partaking in the party. I guess the main aspect of this character to me is he's not actively trying to seek something out, but rather reflexively responding to situations as they arise. He doesn't seek greatness, he wants to return to his status quo.
>>
>>49221920
What would turn me off is the fact that you're playing a character whose only flaws aren't his fault and who's on a mission to eliminate even those flaws and do something almost parodically good because he's just that nice (and you even decided it in advance).
Drop some flaws in there and don't get off so heavily to the martyr aspect. For example, make him bitch and whine about how he wants to get rid of his demon powers - but as soon as the party gets faced with a real choice to redeem him, he waffles and makes up martyred stories because he's grown attached to his moral carte blanche and his powers.
>>
>>49219938
>Fuckin whiners didn't like it that I knew how to game the system ;)
>;)
Yeah, no wonder they didn't like you, you stupid smug sack of shit.
>>
>>49221920

Yeah but like who is this fucking guy, how did he wind up so fucked up and whats he like?
>>
File: Colette.jpg (213KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Colette.jpg
213KB, 800x600px
>>49219465
A nun from a secret church order where acolytes bind powerful demons into their own bodies; because demons can't be summoned while they're already inhabiting someone else, this effectively turns themselves into living prisons for these fiends, leaving them unable to return to Hell or be summoned elsewhere. Powerful rituals, prayers, and wards help keep the human host under control of their body, even as it warps and twists under the demon's influence to resemble the fiend imprisoned inside them. They spend their time studying fiends and writing down the best ways to combat them, stealing knowledge from their "guests", including a book listing the True Names of all the demons they've had to deal with.

This nun has a powerful succubus queen inside her that not only restores her youthful beauty but also threatens to take over her body, because the fiend is too strong for the wards to safely contain. Because of this, she counts as both Lawful Good and Chaotic Evil, and her personality shifts between the kindly, scholarly nun and the rapacious demon.

The trouble in this case, apart from the obvious magical realm, comes from the fact that I've got no idea what class this character would be (sorceress? cleric? mystic theurge?) and no idea on what triggers the personality changes.
>>
>>49220788
Keep trying, anon.

>playing stupid-good cleric
>constantly arguing with evil shithead warlock who literally wants to burn down every village we come across for one reason or another
>pick a fight with a goblin, who turns out to be jacked as hell and nearly kills us
>agree that we're fucked and that we should make a run for it
>after the warlock takes off, I make a bid to buy her time which ends with my character incapacitated and about to get curbstomped
>warlock comes running back and manages to finish off the goblin over two rounds of extremely fortunate rolls
>drags the cleric to safety while bitching at him about how he doesn't have permission to die
>>
>>49220980
Of course, all of those pretty much goes without saying.
This lady is possum living alone out in the woods and has only one requirement: If it's dead, it goes into the pot. One should have high CON as druid anyway, and yeah spellcasting, so disease is not a deal.
>>
>>49222067

I fucking hate this and yet I'm morbidly intrigued.

I mean, if they're so susceptible to their demonic sides whats the fuckin' point at all? a cute way to handle that might be the impotent demon halves are capable of taking very minor control leading to bouts of evil tourettes, maybe even the dreaded 'redemption' word going down.

I like the concept but your fetishes are garbage so I'mma say no.
>>
>>49222067
Good morning inquisitor was your stasis restful?
>>
>>49222067
Add some kung fu ass-kicking and she's good to go.
>>
I wish to play an awaken house cat. Make it a Necromancer.

Have a Bear familiar I could ride on. While assembling my Skeleton army.
>>
File: tief 1462730864372.jpg (251KB, 845x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tief 1462730864372.jpg
251KB, 845x1000px
>>49222067
CE sounds dumb for a succubus, and is impossible to have in a player group anyway. Just make it LE, makes for much better rp prospects too.
>>
File: humie 1465893500795.jpg (110KB, 908x879px) Image search: [Google]
humie 1465893500795.jpg
110KB, 908x879px
>>49222067
>>49222152
Monk. High DEX and STR dump goes well with the "qt young girl" persona you're trying to make. Hermit background, high WIS and a disciplined order lifestyle also fits the character concept.
>>
>>49222192
While I agree with you, CE is kind of canon for succubi, isn't it? Because they're demons?

>>49222271
Never really thought of a monk. I didn't think a physical class would suit them well. Though if the source of their magic comes from demons, it would probably make sense for them to not use it except under exceptionally dire circumstances.
>>
>>49222380
I think they're LE in 5e now.
>>
File: j8z3nk.jpg (26KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
j8z3nk.jpg
26KB, 320x320px
A druid.

I have a debilitating transformation fetish.
>>
>>49222392
NE. They're neither demons, nor devils now. Nor, in fact, daemons
>>
File: Hylotl on shameful displays.png (158KB, 633x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hylotl on shameful displays.png
158KB, 633x400px
>>49221209
Go back to your pond you smug, three-eyed, baby kidnapping bastard.

Staying on topic - and on that note - I find it hard to play smug or assholish characters. I'm always afraid I'll go to far.
>>
>>49220355
8/10, would play with and teach how to love.
>>
>>49222717
Don't be jealous we aren't backwater weeds who had to steal everything they have.
Go eat a cock i hear your people eat all parts of the body.
>>
>>49220598
Reinhard makes a great DMPC analog. He's absolutely busted-tier powerful with just enough personality to be distinguishable as a character, but he can't help out the PCs and solve their problems all the time because he has other shit to do / is buried in paperwork.
>>
File: 1472180662541.png (882KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472180662541.png
882KB, 720x720px
>>49220788
>Tfw your friends regularly play characters who are either devoid of morality or very foolish and silly if not lolcrazy
>Tfw you just want to play a character who is good natured and responsible
>Tfw when you try to roleplay and make some progress in the story only to be interrupted by their antics(I.e. someone set fire to the building with the evidence we needed...again)
I'm surrounded by madmen and heretics. I know how you feel.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 816x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 816x525px
I played a Drow as the Drow canonically act, once.
The other players called her an edgelord and retarded because she tried to convince them to betray their employer (just by stealing it mind you, not by killing anyone) so that a powerful artifact would be in their hands instead.
>>
File: SomeonePleaseKillMyParty.png (263KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
SomeonePleaseKillMyParty.png
263KB, 420x420px
>>49223110
We have had so many sessions of party conflict and the DM trying to keep a lid on it, that we've mostly forgotten what the actual story was, and the city we're in must nearly be levelled at this point.
Between me as the Cleric, and the Paladin of the same deity my friend is playing, we both just want to go out, slay dragons, do dungeons, and have those role playing moments in the camp-site.
>>
>>49219465
Funny, because I had a similar idea, but with a human. Although mine would be more "hyper-Wendigo".
>>
>>49220976
GARROSH, YOU ARE NOT FIT TO RULE THE HORDE
>>
>>49221987
>>49222057
Oh, I never really put much thought into the character. I just know I like the idea of half-demons that never really match up, and even uttering the idea to my group gets nothing but eyerolls.
>>
>>49219465
Honestly?
With the exception of that last bit, I don't see an issue with this character, as long as you try to avoid causing OOC conflicts with how you play them

Mind you, that may be because I've wanted to play a similar "You eat what you kill" concept also
>>
>>49223433
Again I feel you. We can't get through a session without an in-character argument.
>No, don't burn down the serial killer's house, it's a crime scene
>No, don't kill the mayor for his corruption, I have the authority to take him into custody
>No, don't turn the bodies of the missing people into skeletons, we need to return these to their families.
>No, don't feed the necromancer to his own zombies. There's a reward for bringing him in alive.
And there's more. And I've been overruled by the rest of the party every time. I'm like an exasperated father trying to herd a bunch of kids who have way too much fun aggravating me.

At least the group appreciates that I keep us on track, but I'd like to play a whimsical character for a change. Like a silly English knight: "nothing like a rousing bit of demon slaying to get the blood up, I say, what what". But if I did, we'd never get anything accomplished.
>>
>>49220976
Currently doing a similar idea, actually, except it's spread between two campaigns set 14 years apart.
Character A was a badass swordsman who helped prevent Tiamat from being summoned and given a giant "fuck you I'm a god" body made of gold and gemstones.
Character B is his angsty cleric daughter with daddy issues, just out to make a name for herself.
Character A hasnt died yet, but knowing my GM, given the fact that he was run out of the city he raised his daughter in he's either already dead or he'll be most of the way there when we find him.
>>
>>49221196
You forgot to mention something.

While a diet high in raw meat can actually avoid scurvy, even with a low consumption of vegetables, etc., human meat doesn't work to do that. This is because most animals synthesize their own Vitamin C, while humans (and guinea pigs, interestingly enough), don't.
>>
>>49221321
>pention
typo-ridden-pasta.txt

You mean "penchant", Anon.
>>
>>49221394
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_24YWy71RXo
>>
>>49224033
True enough though i did say dangerous vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
Usually those who get that far along die from the shakes. Scurvy takes a good long while but the shakes take maybe a month.
>>
>>49223660
>>49223915
I can see this is, if not a popular character idea, one that isn't rare. This makes me feel cozy and warm on the inside

Also >>49223915, I realized that the last bit could cause OOC conflict but when I game, all I want to do is have fun, without making it at another player's expense. I'm sure I could work something out, especially if the only concern I heard about the character from my friend is that it seems Magical Realm as fuck.
>>
>>49224056
Nah. Between my flat thumbs and my phones dying autocorrect that refuses to turn off its hard to type. i could take like 80 minutes per post or i can type fast and let typo's occasionally occur.
>>
>>49220788
Feral child guy here, my group's version of actually roleplaying mostly just boils down to putting on an over the top accent and talk in a silly voice.
>>
>>49223929
Can heartily recommend. In 2 of my 3 groups, I'm lawful good; in the last, I let myself go and play a Chaotic neutral rogue.
>>
>Having these problems
My entire party is composed of inhuman monsters that eat everything they come across.
Even the bones get devoured.

Our goal is, hilariously, to stop a universe-eating eldritch entity. It's often been joked about that it's a future version of our party fused together.
>>
File: 1472962655449.jpg (12KB, 230x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472962655449.jpg
12KB, 230x250px
>>49224174
Sad LG anon here.
I know what you mean. I am so sorry.
>>
>>49224182
C-can I join?
>>
File: neulfgik0U1r0ofyj.jpg (60KB, 376x450px) Image search: [Google]
neulfgik0U1r0ofyj.jpg
60KB, 376x450px
>Androgynous lad who crossdressed his way into an all-female military group to avoid a bounty on his head and dug himself too deep with lies covered by more lies to get out
>Now on a quest to discreetly and inconspicuously extricate himself into a new identity before he's too old to keep up the feminine appearances
>>
>>49224182
>Your faces when you find out it's eating the universe because it heard a prophecy about the party devouring the universe and is trying to kill them first
>Your faces when eating it blesses the party with it's hunger and skill at eating
>>
>>49221321
>I'd have to find it but one of the official art pieces for then shows a "female" floran sunbathing on a rock being seductive for a male adventurer while the bones and equipment of previous prey is sticking out from behind said rock.
I would like this pic anon
>>
>>49222067
Pathfinder's Synthesis summoner
Fluff it a bit differently and pick evolution/work with your DM to make custom ones that fit her

Though getting chaotic and evil alignments would require getting the chaos/evil subtype, and that may be a bit too much until relatively high levels

>>49222536
What sorts?
>>
>>49219465
So you wanted to play a Floran from Starbound?
>>
>>49219465
A murderous robot.
I just... never get a chance to play one.
>>
>>49224472
Mind-affecting animal TF, mostly, although petrification also gets me.

Werewolves and cockatrices make me very nervous.
>>
>>49224526
I never knew what a Floran was before this thread
>>
>>49224526
>>49224803
Though, to be fair, the character idea is similar, just a LITTLE less sociopathic, to be fair.
>>
>>49221266
You can't overdose on vitamin C (but it can fuck up your kidneys). you're thinking of vitamin A.
And yes it's not wise to eat livers off most carnivores (omnivores are a maybe). Bear liver is killing you guaranteed.
>>
>>49224896
>Bear liver is killing you guaranteed

Polar bear liver. Also moose and walrus.
Regular bear liver just has a risk of parasites if its undercooked.
>>
File: 1adPQHk.jpg (457KB, 614x950px) Image search: [Google]
1adPQHk.jpg
457KB, 614x950px
I really wish I could play as someone's guard or servant.
Grizzled bodyguard, maid who keeps the camp and disables enemies while healing, follower who has no other direction...
But I don't think anyone else in my group could reasonably take that 'leading' role. They'd either ignore the relationship, press it too far so it'd be no fun, and/or fail to keep the main plot running without being pulled along.
>>
>>49221321
I don't see the appeal of waifu in something that evil, they may be sexy but morally they should all be burned, them being playable is even more baffling
>>
>>49219866
Is it cannibalism if you eat other races? I mean, i guess humans because there are half-orcs, but are there dwarks or orlfs? Maybe the genetic gap is large enough that the prions won't give you kuru if you stick to non-humans like dragon born or gnomes.
>>
>>49225057
It's the devs waifu they just made it so others can't waifu his waifu.
>>
>>49225082
Probably no. The main issue is starting that shit by eating related people. Prion diseases from cows for example can transfer to humans hence the madcow scare.
>>
>>49225087
That's stupid
>>
>>49225134
Serial killer thinkers don't have to make sense. All they know is if they kill their waifu and keep the corpse then technically speaking no one else can fuck them.
>>
>>49219465
An annoying, obnoxious, wascally wabbit.

Alternatively, a druid who is just a raven. Not a humanoid raven or a magical one, just your garden variety caaaw. The companion would, as you can imagine, be another raven. The ravens would potentially be just as annoying as the wabbit. Possibly more, since they would have the ability to speak, although without the ability to ever shut up, for any reason.
>>
>>49225082
Actually being the same species wouldn't matter so much as the fact that it's an intelligent creature eating another intelligent creature.
>>
>>49224957
Seal liver is only marginally less toxic than polar bear liver, too.
>>
>>49225235
But we eat dolphins and horses and the like all the time.
>>
>>49219465
>TFW getting to play everything I want in a game.
It's amazing
>>
>>49225418
Not intentionally-- looking at you, Britain.
>>
>>49225418
>WE eat dolphins and horses all the time
no thanks you disgusting frenchman and or mexican WE dont,dont rope in first world countries with your strange barbarism.
>>
>>49224239
Sounds more like a funny character then a edgy character. I also have a hardcore trap/twink fetish, so I would like it if was written as a joke or sexual fantasy kind of character. Double points for both [spoiler/]
>>
>>49225488
We're all human so we all share the sin of swedish meatballs.
>>
>>49225592
s-shut up s-swedish meatballs a-aren't made out of horse a-are they? s-surely they are sheep or lamb?
>>
Pic related
>>
>>49225054
I'd really like to try something like that as well, as either side. There's only one or two people I'd be comfortable trying it with, though, and I don't think either of them would go for it.
>>
>>49225488
>Not eating horse and rabbit because it's cute and I don't wanna.
Childish t b h
>>
File: ZZeoBuD.jpg (332KB, 800x1135px) Image search: [Google]
ZZeoBuD.jpg
332KB, 800x1135px
>>49225667
It really doesn't help my case that that dynamic is totally my magical realm as well.
I may think they're fine candidates to waifu, but I'd much rather *be* the waifu.
>>
File: 1465667475406.jpg (154KB, 540x936px) Image search: [Google]
1465667475406.jpg
154KB, 540x936px
>>49225690
>being afraid of wordfilters

baka senpai
>>
>>49225690
Im fine with eating rabbit but im not some fucking hungry rice farmer on his way to a Chinese market and all I can afford is horse you savage
>>
>>49225624
You ever been to chipotle or taco bell?
Yeah, there's blood on ALL our hands. Now i suggest all 7 billion of us pick up a shovel and corpse and we can bury this evidence in record time.
>>
>>49225748
Horse are expensive fyi.
>>
>>49225795
Is that why companies stealth replace "beef" with horse meat and third worlders who eat dogs also eat horsemeat
FROG GET AWAY FROM ME REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49225808
Well, yeah. It shows quality food free of madcow disease and farmers make bank. I'm getting $40k alone off of a farm i paid mexicans a diet coke a day to plow and plant for me.
>>
>>49221205
You misunderstand.

When I say regular person, I mean just that. No acting kawaii or some such shit. She gets pissy when people try to pet her, she isn't going to be acting like a cat, she will stab a bitch because she doesn't have claws, etc.

And I wouldn't play it in a world where it makes no sense. I'm not gonna be giving an elf cat ears, I'd wait til we played something like BESM where it fits in.
>>
>>49225844
>stab someone for headpats
>it was a totally reasonable and measured response!
Jesus just take the compliment. We all know you like them being rubbed anyway.
>>
>>49225839
>NEVER
>SEEN
>A
>SKINNY
>PERSON
>DRINKING
>DIET
>COKE
>>
>>49225875
That's exactly what I'm talking about. She wouldn't be anime character. She'd be a regular person. A headpat would get you a weird look and your hand knocked away. Persistence would get you punched, as would messing with her ears. Grabbing her tail would get you kicked, if she was in a good mood, shanked if not.

Think more along the lines of Annah from Planescape.
>>
>>49225904
Well, yeah. All mexicans are fat and lazy just like all asians can't drive and whites can't see the fourth base color beyond red, green, and blue.
>>
>>49225951
I'm just saying you have ears and we KNOW you like them being rubbed. If you don't want your tail to be grabbed don't run away.
>>
>>49225967
THEY ARE BRINGING IN THEIR RAPISTS
>>
>>49226006
Literally impossible. They're too fat to find their dicks and too lazy to attempt to chase down and incapacitate a victim.
You're one of them racists, arncha? Well we don't take kindly to you people round these parts.
>>
File: 1275451896998.jpg (476KB, 1140x840px) Image search: [Google]
1275451896998.jpg
476KB, 1140x840px
An Anti-paladin who was raised by a cult to believe he was basically the Son of an arch-demon and the Herald of the End of Times.

Trained in the darkest of arts, raised to be the foulest of warlords, to know neither mercy nor hesitation, to lead ruthlessly and with magnificent efficiency complete with his own cult army.
At least until the cult was rolled for their lunch money by a Paladin church, him being the only member of the inner circle that survived.

So he's left without the cults contacts, no idea of how to raise his 'secret army that's waiting for your mere command my lord' and basically no life skills beyond enactment of demonic rituals and high genocide 101.
And quickly enough realizes that such skills aren't very marketable, nor can he fight the entire world...and that he has no evidence now he thinks about it that his destiny is to enact the Endtimes.
Or that his army even exists.

Hell he doesn't even have any proof his Dark Father exists.
And people seem pretty eager for the world not to end, contrary to basically everyone he's ever met in his entire life, who were all totes down with it.

Cue him trying to build up his forces on the sly, realizing maybe there are better things in life than trying to kill fuckin' everyone and finding out his true heritage, ect, ect.
>>
>>49226042
>FALSE
>SONG
>OF
>GLOBALISM
>>
>>49226057
Oh great we got a hippy on our hands. Go move to europe they got weed and all the muslims you could kick.
>>
>>49226105
>LOW
>ENERGY
>NERVOUS
>WRECK
>>
CN Kender Thief
>>
>>49226119
I'm not sure where to go from here so i'm just gonna go to bed with my totally not illegally immigrated russian wife.
>>
>>49226148
Thanks for the Trump bants friend
>>
>>49226143
Go die in a tire fire.
>>
>>49219465
I always wanted to blend the PF Blight Druid class with the 3.5 Alienist class.

Basically a Druid fascinated with the balance of life and death and using knowledge of nature to explore the concept. Until one day making contact with a Lovecraftian being from outside our existence who teaches them that life and death are illusions in a universe that is monstrously indifferent towards us. This leads to summoning pseudonatural creatures that are mockeries of life and death, twisted by unknowable secrets into something that is not dead which can eternal lie.

And then setting them on an undesired yet forceful path back to rediscovering their purpose and place within humanity. Thought about busting this out if I ever get to play in an evil campaign but I was thinking of playing it more Neutral in the first place. Plus it seems like a hell of a role play challenge to pull this character off without going full fedora edgelord.

Too edgy? I really want to know.

Also thought about ironically playing a "nothing personnel kid" trench coat jackass for laughs, but it would have to be a semi-serious campaign where I could just kill him off after a few sessions. Even though I do think Shadow powers can be cool.

Also an evil-as-fuck Wolf of Wall Street/Machiavelli bastard in a Cloak & Dagger campaign and fuck up/take over everything forever.
>>
>>49226353
>Too edgy? I really want to know.
I don't really see anything specifically edgy about it, can be handled edgy, but it's not immediately edgy
Just don't play him as an edgelord, you can be morbid yet not crawling in my skin y'know
>>
>>49219465
are you trying to play a fucking muppet?
>>
>>49225720
That's an interesting magical realm, anon. Is it just the idea of being subservient to someone else's whims, or is there more to it?
>>
>>49220952
Sette's "randumb chaotic" nature is explained thru her motivations. She desperately wants to be accepted by her father, and looks up to him and wants him to be proud of her (he's a feared and legendary crime boss). Combine that ardent desire for affirmation with a child's lack of perspective and lack of impulse control and you get Sette in a nutshell.
>>
>>49226564
Did you read the OP or just looked at the picture? And if you don't like it, post pictures of evil dryads and plant women.
>>
>>49222192
>CE is impossible to keep in a player group

Clearly, you haven't seen it done right.
>>
File: face disappoint.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
face disappoint.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>49227427
It works if ya'll a band of rapehobos, I guess.
Otherwise, no it doesn't.
>>
File: 0Ho7YAE.jpg (280KB, 574x646px) Image search: [Google]
0Ho7YAE.jpg
280KB, 574x646px
>>49226645
I just want to be cute and useful and be rewarded for diligent service and support with headpats and getting hard topped
But that's getting into the parts of the character I'd leave to assumption if I ever had the chance to use it in an actual game unless there was private ERP later
>>
>>49227461
Nice assumptions you got there. I've seen several groups of varied alignments, often including evil ones [including CE] and rarely had an issue.

If someone mistakes evil for an endless drive to be disruptive to the game for no evident reason, that's an issue with them, not the alignment.
>>
I've always wanted to play a shallow evil character. You know one without a tragic past that turned him bad or some horrible event that changed him forever.

Just some guy who wants to get rich and powerful and has no real moral compunctions about how to get there.

But idiots like >>49227461 always assume evil means being some mass murdering psychopath that will rape babies and turn on his friends at the drop of a hat.
>>
File: face 1462972784190.jpg (69KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
face 1462972784190.jpg
69KB, 500x390px
>>49227544
>>49227549
>mass murdering psychopath that will rape babies and turn on his friends at the drop of a hat
Because that's what CE is. You guys are talking about LE and NE.
>>
>>49222091
FEELS GOODMAN
>>
>>49227589
But that's wrong, though.
You're acting on the perception of the alignment as based on, what, fucking orcs and drow, which are a product of their religion and society; or perhaps a 16-year old who wanted to be as disruptive as possible.

"Chaotic" doesn't explicitly make you incapable of resisting the urge to stab people at random. It means you care little for order.
>>
>>49227589
No, hell no, that's not even remotely what it is
>>
>>49227509
W-Welcome at my table.
>>
File: broquesthealer.png (18KB, 292x396px) Image search: [Google]
broquesthealer.png
18KB, 292x396px
Trap/androgynous characters. I find something about them strangely alluring and tempting to play.

Now the thing is I do have a fetish for traps and girly boys, but my interest in playing them proceeds any sexual interest I have in them. In fact, I think me dwelling on playing trappy characters or considering including them in stuff I come up with is what gave me the fetish in the first place.

There's probably some deeprooted psychological shit behind it
>>
>>49219465
Pretty good spin on a serious Floran.
>>
>>49228692
Should it comfort you, my DM let me play a trap, and much like yourself, though it is my personal taste, I don't let it come up in game that way, and just play it. Honestly, quite fun, and leads to shenanigans.
>No one in the party knows yet.
>>
>>49220355
GW called, theyre sueing for copyright infringement on angron
>>
File: orckimber.jpg (125KB, 1230x574px) Image search: [Google]
orckimber.jpg
125KB, 1230x574px
>>49228951
>>
>>49229606
>Pre-bimbo Kimber
Why did you have to go ahead and give me this boner?
>>
One kind-of-edgy kind-of-realmy character that I've always wanted to play is a BDSM-themed mercykiller paladin. When I described her in a previous thread, some anon said she reminded them of Wonder Woman. I'm no /co/ expert, so I don't have much more to say about that in particular.

In short, she wears tight leather armor and fights with a whip, a crop, and other instruments of punishment as weapons. She's out to punish evildoers, dominate them and crush their wills, and reform them as good and law-abiding members of society.

On the other end, she's obsequiously obedient and respectful to authority, ever eager to please her superior. She seeks a kind master to guide her along the righteous path and discipline her when she strays from it. She wears a collar to symbolize her devotion to the cause.
>>
>>49228911
OP here. Like I said earlier in the thread, didn't know Florans were a thing until this thread.
>>
>>49219866
You do know that cannibalism is still a real-life thing in some parts of Africa, right? Read up on the history of Liberia and the "Cannibal Warlords" that led the revolution against the government in the 90's. They would routinely commit live sacrifices of "innocent, young boys," cutting through their backs to get at their still-beating hearts, then they'd cut the heart up and distribute a piece of it to every soldier (who was like 14, mind you) under the assumption that it would make them invincible to bullets. The blood of a boy will give you superpowers, and make you immune to enemy magicks and curses. Even today, it is extremely common to find murder victims with their hearts cut out and their genitals removed (genitals grant sexual potency), and in West Point (literally one of the worst slums in the world) you can actually buy human rib, thigh, and abdominal meat on the street (if you know how to ask).

If you've got the time, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuSS0iiFyo to get some more background. Shit's pretty strange, to say the absolute least.

I'm modeling a new character on General Butt Naked.
>>
>>49219465
Created by crazy necromancers. A cosmic being of pure energy from a plain of being that is completely empty, magically chained into the body of a female by runes tattooed onto the body. All magical ability is sucked up out of it and used to fuel the magic chains to hold it inside the body and to keep the body "alive" and repair it.

Necromancers rejoice until they notice pretty quickly that it is not controllable in the slightest. More research needs to be done, but in the meantime they chain it onto a stone pedestal and fuck it because it's the only "living" female thing in their dirty underground holdout.

Thing breaks free and slaughters its creators. Now it just goes out and explores the world because now that it has known something else than the eternal void it's afraid of returning where it came from upon "death" because it would mean eternal unchanging boredom. The world outside the dirty mage cave is a lot better than "nothing" no matter how much it sucks.

Of course it would not know how to act normal and would try to hide its zombie strength, its sleeplessnes, its lack of a need for food and of course it being filled with highly flamable magical conservation liquid instead of blood or organs.

>All I want is to play an autistic secret undead with the mind of a child.

But this would be so much "that guy"
>>
I always wanted to play a half dragon kid that gets hunted by the kingdom's equivalent of a government dragon slaying division since dragons are typically viewed as evil due to warped justifications from hunting them for sport a long time ago. They wouldn't be super OP, and wouldn't be able to use their wings correctly since they weren't taught how to fly, but they'd take hits like a carwash sponge and scrappy when cornered.

They'd be paranoid and quiet most of the time, slow to trust people, and always be aching to move from town to town. If someone were to gain there trust, the person would realize how much they love stories of knights and chivalry and how much they wanted to become a sword of justice because of the stories their mom read to them before she died in a house fire (that they accidently caused due to their breath weapon). Also they're a trap.
>>
>>49219923
I always liked this idea that, for a example, a werebear wouldn't just run to the woods, eat honey, and scratch the bark from the trees.
Instead the beast just follows the most base desires of the person and tries to fufill them to the best of its capabilities
Some guy was an ass to you today? Paw to the face
That guy who helped you today? Go visit him. Oh no, he is running away! Paw to the face
That girl you like but don't have the guts to tell her? Try to rape her, most often than not it ends up as paw to the face instead

People who aren't willful enough to regain some modicrum of sapience and self control just end up as creatures that
>1. Kill everything that runs
>2. Kill everything that stays in place
>3. Kill everything that fights back
>4. Rape everything that is appealing to them. If they can't or are simply done, refer to any of the three previous points
>5. Eat anything it recognizes as food. The definition is very broad, so before there were reliable ways to kill them, the safest method of dispatching them was leaving poisoned food.

And even then, if you are mentally strong enough to control the beast, the best you can do is to tame it as you would any other animal. You can teach it basic commands, behaviours, good discipline, etc. But at the end of the day, it is just like having a tame bear as a pet. Worse even, since it follows no rational behaviour on its own.
>>
>>49219465
But, is edgy necessarily bad? Honest question.
>>
>>49225057
If it makes it any better, just like the other playable races characters, you are playing a "Drizzt" who rejected their society for one reason or another
You play birdman? You are one of the few who rejected the evil religion

You play as monkeyman? Escaping from the Big Brother-icious Big Ape

You playing as the robotman? You are "malfunctioning" and can see the world for what it is. Therefore you are a witch in mid-inquisition times

You playing as the plantman? They just want to make friends and hunt big game

Or at least it was like that in the alpha

As a parting note, it is not that the creators waifu-ed the race as much as they are both a fan favorite and the mascots of the game
Also, i might add that they are a blatant subversion of the "plant people are nature loving and peaceful" trope. But subversions trigger this board hard
>>
>>49224650
I feel you. I got to make one. Never got past session one because everyone except me sucks at GMing, so I am forever GM

>I was so OP at killing even at campaign start that everyones face kinda froze in disbelieve OOC and in character.
>That moment when you realize you are probably never going to play a half sane murder bot again
>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>49220807

Don't worry, I got you covered. Playing a kid who lived on a small fishing island. Was born during a heavy mysterious fog that lasted for weeks. Heroes showed up and dispelled the fog, giving my characters family a pendant that let's you see through fog. Born as a storm sorcerer starting at level 3, character sneaks off the island in search of adventure with a fear of being stuck in one place too long. Inquisitive, a little naive, and all around interested in exploring the world, he uses nothing but fog like abilities. I'm excited as hell to continue playing the campaign. His physical appearance in silver hair and silver eyes. Kill me now.
>>
>>49230973
>before she died in a house fire (that they accidently caused due to their breath weapon)
Just once I want an orphaned [insert thing here] with fire powers, who's power isn't the cause of their parent's death
>>
>>49219465
I'd like to make a primitive barbarian with a deep superstitious mindset. He or she would come from a tribe so far removed from the world that anything "modern" would seems alien to him, and thus dangerous.

He or she would grasp the concept of money pretty fast though, and would quicly understand that if you don't want trouble you have to get the shiny coin. How you get the shiny coin matters little.

The Barbarian would hold the belief that you gain the power of creatures you kill if you eat them. Want to be sneaky ? Find, kill and eat a cat. Want to be strong ? An ox or a bear will do. Want to get even more strong ? Fell a griffin.
Want to be able to wield magic ? Find, kill and eat a mage. Want to be able to command over people ? Eat a king from a foreign land. That kind of logic. The barbarian would not even think that eating a sentient being is wrong as it is natural in his or her culture to do so.

He or she would hold great reverence towards bones. After eating something, the barbarian would take some beautiful bones to weave on his or her armor. Cat bones all over the legs, various dog, bear and drake teeth over the neck, feathers around the ankle to go faster, and lots of body paint.

It would also implies that he would be catastrophicaly afraid of hurting skeleton undead.

I've had this concept of character for a while now, but I'm still wondering if it would be more interesting if the barbarian was a human, an elf or a dwarf or something more traditionally barbaric like an orc or some kind of wild hobgoblin.
>>
Abigail Cadavera

Peasant Girl partially possessed by Cadavrus an ancient necromancer who has an incredibly anachronistic understanding of the world. She is rather meek, he is rather bombastic. The two personalities are like night and day. The two are slowly merging, represented mechanically as leveling up and regaining lost power. A proto-BBEG adventurer.
>>
File: stepan-alekseev-01-11.jpg (148KB, 1280x839px) Image search: [Google]
stepan-alekseev-01-11.jpg
148KB, 1280x839px
>>49219465
I had the idea of a character that I'm afraid would be a bit too much munchkiny or edgy.
Basically it's an old veteran soldier who's been in almost every war on the continent. And by every war I mean it. The trick is that the old soldier is actually a century-old undead who's cursed, bound or otherwise enjoy battlefields.
It doesn't mean that he's got superpower. He's just... "unkillable" in a way. If you stab him it would just make it harder for him to move until he really can't move anymore. His condition as undead is not evident to other people, as he just look like a grizzled veteran full of scars and with a nasty attitude.

Problem is, I don't know how to make this unkillable old warrior balanced in term of game. Should he be immune to poison but be afraid of fire ? Must he eat human flesh in order to regenerate or does it happens naturally ? Should I make my own homebrew undead warrior-guy or is there any existing monster fitting te archetype ?

Pic related was my long time inspiration.
>>
>>49220190
Some aspects of your character reminds me of Ci Xi
>>
An idea that I had a few years ago for a an Ex-Queen who came from an exceptionally misogynistic society. The Kingdom is wiped out except for a small group of people. The Ex-Queen selfishly abandons her people, undergoing a ritual wherein her body is mutilated (Breasts cut-off, Vagina cut up, etc.), and makes a symbolic transition from being a Woman to being a Man (as Women in her society were not allowed to show aggression or take positions of dominance). After that, she hits the road in a revenge-fueled Quest to bring ruin to those that destroyed the people that she loved.

The other idea I had was a for a Blacksmith's son. His sister went off to study at a magic academy, but his family isn't the most affluent. To compensate for this, he goes on dangerous adventures, plundering dungeons and tombs for loot, not so he can get rich, but so that he can afford his sister a better life then he and his Father have (he is a foolish and naive youth, so he isn't at the point where he can cherish his simple life for what it is). As a follow-up, if that character died, I would've eventually brought in his sister, who was unable to continue paying the tuition for the Academy, who had turned to adventuring herself.
>>
>>49222067
Funny, I actually had an idea similar to this though instead of forcing the demons they would work out a deal where they have no choice other then to work with their host. Also, while it does seem like it's in magical realm territory, I honestly don't think it's a bad idea for a character.
>>
I want to play a maniacal edgelord who isn't actually anywhere near as crazy or edgy as he portrays himself. The kind of guy who you think would burn down an orphanage for shits and giggles, but would actually be disgusted by anyone who would actually do so.
>>
>>49222717
I actually mained a Hylotl back in beta and after reading their lore and what they say in game I regret it. Also, whats this about baby kidnapping? Is that just a meme or is that in fluff?
>>
>>49231367
I was waiting for someone to say this. Honestly instead of the star trek-esque protectorate approach I would have rather seen a beginning story on how your character got into their situation in the first place. Like a floran making friends with another species only to have them killed and devoured by their tribesmen, or playing an avian and see the atrocities your race are commiting and try to escape. Or even at least instead of that emissary crap for the hylotl have your character realize that being a pompous asshole to the other races is getting your people nowhere and decided to leave and do their own thing.
>>
File: 1472429030348.png (124KB, 346x495px) Image search: [Google]
1472429030348.png
124KB, 346x495px
>>49220355
9/10 would love to play the character who teaches you how to live. Please be in my group.
>>
I've always wanted to play a cultist of some goddess of darkness and fertility/Shub-Niggurath who actively spreads her religion and establishes herself as a an authority figure among orgies that give birth to horrible half-bred creatures. At first she'd just seem like a kinky bitch with a fetish for bestiality and pregnancy (which wouldn't be wrong), but in truth she's using the cult as a basis for her overarching 'family plan.' She wants to figure out exactly how the children of monsters and humans develop and breed the best characteristics to bring into her family line. From here she plans on creating 'the strongest family' and likely trying to find some way to retain her youth and longevity so she can make sure her descendants don't stray from the plan. She'd marry off the rejects and form branch families to support her main clan and bring in bloodlines with strange and unique features. I would hope for such a campaign with this character to become very political as she brings aristocrats and people of power into her circle while trying to keep her family from attracting untoward attention.
>>
Docile cross dressing halfling spiritualist submissive to the phantom of his aristocratic owner who dresses him up as her personal doll/slave. Being bound together has made him lose his sense of self completely since he can't escape her jealous, needy control over him. he has the fractured mind archetype, the phantom is a manifestation of his subconscious
>>
Also a high level fiend who has voluntarily sealed his powers, becoming a simple tiefling. Could change back to pit fiend form or whatever, but would rather die as a human than go back to his former self.
Gains power as a sorcerer or a blood ranger or whatever.
>>
I've always wanted to play a character with serious mental issues. Due to some yet-unexplained past event, they ended up with a wild animal's (bear/wolf/something big) mind shoved in with theirs, and frequently 'swap out' with the animal mind and just completely go off their rocker. Character development would focus on getting the crazy under control.
>>
>>49235052
>bestiality
One idea I've kicked around in my head a few times is a druid chick with an wolf animal companion, and completely unknown to anyone else, she enjoys taking his lipstick. It would never come up in play, never be mentioned... just one of those secret details. Maybe have someone discover it and blackmail her with it.
>>
>>49235331
It'd make an interesting NPC, but I'd never allow that as a PC.
>>
A giant/half giant (8-10ft) tall, fuller figured life cleric/priest that acts more like a team mom/loving big sister to the party and generally takes a more pacifist approach to things.
>>
>>49227549
>Just some guy who wants to get rich and powerful and has no real moral compunctions about how to get there.
Yeah, I'm currently playing one.
>>
>>49233934
Sounds to me like you need to play DtD with some homebrew. There's literally a homebrew Exaltation on the forums which is "undead guy what can pull own body parts off and eat flesh to regenerate".
>>
I once made a Shadowrun character that was so incredibly overpowered I never even played it because it would have ruined the game for all of the other players.

>Human vampire, which has a naturally very high strength and high max augmented strength
>Used mil-spec armor with strength enhancement to cap my strength out
>Used a bow, in Shadowrun your strength affects the power of a bow, if you have really high strength, bows do more damage than tanks
>The milspec armor and naturally high body meant I had about twice as many dice as everybody else to resist damage in the event I actually got hit
>I had 3 initiative passes (Essentially, 3 turns per round of combat, so while a normal 1 initiative pass character could shoot one time, I could shoot three, or perform 3 actions to their 1. Average Shadowrun player characters have 2 initiative passes, 3 is the max)

I felt bad as soon as I finalized it, essentially I could use a bow that did so much damage I could destroy concrete walls with arrows. Vampires are also able to turn into mist, and have a bonus to unarmed combat (Bite) that does more damage than normal unarmed combat, on top of the huge strength making me able to basically use my teeth to destroy armored vehicles.
>>
File: rance2.jpg (22KB, 328x328px) Image search: [Google]
rance2.jpg
22KB, 328x328px
>>49219465
I want to play pic related.
>>
File: image.jpg (493KB, 1037x788px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
493KB, 1037x788px
>>49219465
Just once before i die i'd love to play a PTSD riddled grizzled vet in the dad stages of middle agedery.
You know those comics and shit that make Soldier 76 out to be the dad? Yeah, i want that.
>>
Anything Slaanesh
>>
>>49237763
That's not actually true. With Slaanesh representing intense passion and excess in all senses, you can just as well focus on different aspects.

I mean, I played a Slaaneshi a while back, an ex-assassin who viewed combat as the most glorious of performances, more or less dancing through the whole thing with his sword while high on all these drugs. Sure, he may have enjoyed hurting people and getting hurt a bit too much, but no one even batted an eye, and it was with a pretty stick-up-their-asses group.
>>
Young minotaur who is next in line to become his tribe's spiritual guide. He is the son of the previous chieftain but he gave his life to save him.
He has a bit of a complex over it, even though no one blames him for it. In fact, thanks to him his old man managed to check out like a true hero and to appoint the character's brother as the new leader, who is not only in his prime but an excellent chief. His brother believes that by being in mourning, he is not respecting their father's memory and sacrifice so he sends him away in a mission to "Learn and acquire worldly experience" and to bring new knowledge to his people.
Being young, as in, late minotaur teens, he is somewhat shy, fearful, and naive about the outside world. Very good natured and firmly believes that the dead should be left to rest, which is the main reason he avoids creating undead servants if possible. He functions more like an scholarly witch doctor and shaman, prefering to make potions, medicines, and some low key negative energy offensive magic. Consulting the dead for their wisdom instead of making slaves out of them.
Mechanically he is a wizard who favors necromancy, divination and some healing or alchemy. He carries around a potions and magic symbols book around as a spellbook. Instead of memorizing spells he concocts a magical "body paint" and draws said magic symbols on his body, until they burn away when he uses said spell. Drawing said magic symbols works exactly the same as the memorizing of spells a normal wizard does
>>
>>49238878
Cool and very grounded concept! Though I don't really get what would be "too much" or edgy about it...?

Although I've seen a few other posts about minotaur PCs here on /tg/, what system allows for those? Aren't minotaurs like a CR3-4 monster in D&D?
>>
>>49239176
It's a black-haired carnivorous good-ish necromancer bullman covered in war paint.
It's made of pure edge and subversion. Being a monster race is the main problem, in my particular case.
>>
I really want to post in this thread but honestly I tend to just go ahead and do whatever I want so long as I think I can make it fit with the party. Seriously, shit I've played:

>LE warlock who destroyed two island nations with a tide of zombies just to save his wife and then slept like a baby afterwards.
>Teen whose brain was experimented on, turning him into essentially a living computer with violent impulse control issues.
>Kamen Rider analogue in a GURPS superhero game where everyone else made a down to earth person with powers (think Heroes)
>Effeminate Aasimar who is a massive slut (seriously, he tried to have a threesome with Asmodeus and Sarenrae at one point)
>Ifrit who accidentally ended up engaged to a griffon (This one really isn't my fault though)
>Over the top Space Wolf with very little capacity for knowing when an idea is suicidal and a love of riding things (on the first mission I was so hyped to get killing that we didn't even have a chance to get all of my gear. Ended up kicking the rider off of a Juggernaut of Khorne and riding around stomping shit)
>Synthesist summoner pretending to be a bard who lost a fiddle contest with a demon. The summoned form was my 'master'. Worked surprisingly well and the players didn't find out until after the campaign ended.

There are plenty of normal characters on my roster as well but damn if I haven't had some crazy bastards over the years.
>>
File: chrono_crusade07.jpg (191KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
chrono_crusade07.jpg
191KB, 1024x768px
>>49235331
>a high level fiend who has voluntarily sealed his powers, becoming a simple tiefling. Could change back to pit fiend form
I'd play as his Cleric waifu.
>>
>>49234357

I'd love to be a total edgelord assassin with a katana and a black cape, who does everything that he does for the good of mankind, has an upbeat but realistically surly outlook on life, and doesn't like seeing people get hurt, to the point that he feels compulsion to help others in need. The sword and the black? Theatricality and being harder to see are good traits for an assassin to have.

Of course, my group would see 'katana' and it'd be an immediate no, because my current group sucks.
>>
I feel as though a large part of the concepts here suffers solely due to the inaccurate assumptions that edginess (along with a few other qualities) is inherently negative, rather than being purely a matter of execution.

I've repeatedly seen characters that, on paper, should not have turn out well, do. Same in reverse, really.

People need to get over buzzwords and stop making assumptions.
>>
>>49239492
>not Bridget
D R O P P E D
>>
>>49239690
Making a character for an actual game is a large investment, though, and a single character that the group doesn't like can tear apart a game with a more fragile group such as many online games or FLGS groups.
I've seen plenty of characters that sounded edgy in the bad way executed well, but fuck how I've also seen the executed badly. People learn from their mistakes, and groups that have been burned or have heard horror stories from friends are kind of justified in shutting down a concept like that before it can risk the game.
Groups that know each other well and can trust each other to not fuck up the game out of selfishness, ignorance or malice have no excuse for forbidding these concepts (and not playing them is thus just cowardice and waffling), but not everyone has a group like that.
I'm thankful for having a group where everyone is the best of friends and can bullshit with each other about almost whatever, but there are people out there in thinner-populated areas or in areas with an inbred and autismal community who can't get anything better.
>>
>>49239751
I can agree to having been burned - though even in that case, giving another person the benefit of the doubt is just common courtesy after they prove their ability to not be a shithead in a game.
Hearing horror stories, though? Nah, man. That way lies objecting to things on the mere principle of the matter, without regard for the validity of the views or any arguments beyond WELL I HEARD, which basically makes people insufferable twats in the long term.
>>
>>49239820
Some people might go down the slippery slope, but the key to taking advice from a horror story is listening well and seeing if the player under suspicion shows clear warning signs.
I know, for example, that players who get overly talkative or fidgety when a certain subject comes up are likely to be disruptive about it - it can be sexual or it can be a completely normal nerdy hobby, but a sudden rise in volume and chattiness is almost never a good sign. From experience, I know that they're very likely to shove in their interest at the expense of everything else, and I'd like people to believe that advice instead of having a bad experience with a crappy player.
>>
>>49239865
The problem is the balance between being wary and giving people a chance. Would you rather shut down a person just on the principle of 'better safe than sorry'?
I've known people who had sudden bursts of intensity when a subject was brought up, but even when it actually did come up in a game, they weren't particularly disruptive. Not everyone is incapable of keeping their views on a matter separate from the game, you know. I get it, people don't want to have a bad time. But is it really worth making shitty assumptions about others?

I mean, I can see it being a good strategy in a random internet pick-up game, or even the first campaign of a real-life group, but past that point, it's just a basic lack of respect. You don't assume the worst of a person just because someone else was retarded, at one point.
>>
>>49219465
See, I tend to come up with concepts like this for one-shots, except on a fundemental level your character is a loser.

I'd like to play an Abyssal Day Caste that was murdered upon exalting as a terrestrial by a jealous rival in the Immaculate order.

I like the idea of an abyssal monk-ninja that has an anima that looks like a dragon made of blood who is basicly das uber-villian in any over-the-top Kung Fu Film.
>>
>>49239310
Unless minotaurs are super common enemies in your campaigns, can't your DM just say people are wary and fearful of them but ultimately don't see them enough to kill on sight? If this character were any other race (like from a tribe of elves) it definitely wouldn't really be a problem from a personality/background standpoint, and it's not like you even get a stat boost to anything that would help you as a wizard, so it's not unbalanced.
>>
>>49219465
I once had an idea for a magical realm-y SoB for a Rouge Trader game that I'll never play. Starts out pretty standard, extreme faith in the Emps, love of close combat and flamer weapons, pretty high charisma for praising the Emperor and all that. And the Magical Realm part: she's a hardcore lesbian. Like the only thing she likes more than cute girls is fighting for the Emperor, but she's had multiple crisis's of faith over it. Officially she's traveling with the RT to "keep his/her faith in check and spread the Emperors word to distant worlds", but it was really to get her to stop trying to seduce any human female (and one Eldar once) outside of her Order that she comes into contact with. So yeah, I know that's terrible but it seemed interesting if I could pull it off (I couldn't). And no, I've never played RT before or brought this character up anywhere else.
>>
>>49239176
They released a minotaur race in one of the unearthed arcana things in 5e
>>
>>49240608
>>49240900
Okay, you've convinced me. I'll give it a go.
I was reluctant mostly because i am a beginner in this hobby and starting with a non-standard character might be biting a little more than i can chew. At the same time, if i wanted to play standard stuff doing standard things, i wouldn't have given RPGs a go.
I just hope this campaign doesn't fall through before it starts like all the others
>>
>>49240224
OP here, who is my character a loser? I don't get it. Also, if you're talking about Exalted, but I'm talking about Dungeons: the Dragoning 40k 7th Edition. Different.
>>
>>49241873
Not saying your character is a loser, saying I run games specifically to have these kinds of characters. Just that the theme I like to work with is that all characters have to be losers in some significant sense.

Your character can be WAY edgy, the super special snow flake, or just generally overpowered in some sense, but if the character is a loser...well, it makes them empathetic despite how some people might feel about the build/concept.

Example from Vampire the Masquerade:
A True Brujah, a Clan known to be dispassionate and emotionless philosophers. Except he has rage issues and will go nuts at the drop of a hat. Yeah he's really powerful, but he's a loser.
>>
>>49242022
Oh, ok. I get it, I think. Well, in that case, my character is a loser in that she knows nothing about the outside worlds, other than to set up 'contracts and how to handle money. Other than that, completely oblivious. More than that, she has zero people skills, which is BAD for dryads and wants at least ONE friend, which combined with her people eating, makes it even worse. The only thing she wants more than to try every edible meat once is to have someone who cares. Even among her Grove, where she was one of the best hunters, she was ostracized, and that was BEFORE her exaltation. She is definitely a loser.
>>
>>49240900
noice
>>
>>49242022
So, when going for edge you emulate Reaper from Overwatch instead of a more Liefield-ian character. Got it

What about Caleb from Blood? He is edgy as fuck, but still a goof.
>>
>>49219465
how does anybody make a powerful warlock that goes out of their way to hunt capture demons and devils so he could sap their powers while torturing them for vengeance and keeping them in line without resorting to him being a complete edgelord?
>>
File: LuffysBounty.jpg (51KB, 339x480px) Image search: [Google]
LuffysBounty.jpg
51KB, 339x480px
Luffy more or less. I just want to play a Chaotic Neutral fighter who wants money and adventure, just less stupid than Luffy probably closer to Roger or Ray actually. Too bad everyone sees Chaotic Neutral and assumes I'm gonna stab them in the back.
>>
>>49242502
Be self-conscious about it.
Make him a bit of a poser, someone who puts an absurd amount of effort into his graphic vengeance and "evil" in order to cover up another issue. Maybe he's the oldest son of a wizard bloodline in which his brother is a once-in-a-century prodigy and wants to shock his family with the side chance of becoming more powerful than his brother. Maybe he's a chronic sore loser who has to ramp up everything - including being a warlock - because he can't stand the idea of anyone else outperforming him in his trade, whatever it is. Maybe he's just not an edgy guy at all, but a jobsworth who sees the whole dirty business as something he just has to do, not something he has to like.
>>
>>49243078
Just avoid his downtime lolsorandumb actions and people won't bitch.
>>
I kinda want to play an ex-slave. No, there is no missing "s" in there. A person that used to be a slave.

The problem is that some people will go the Belkar route ("he used to be the slave of this one guy and now he isn't? he's still a slave, right? that means he's mine!") and some will go the "coddle the fragile person" route, and some will even go "wait, the person was a slave to someone of the opposite sex? MAGICAL REALM REEEEEE", when I kinda just want to play someone who ended up being kidnapped in order to supply part of the retinue of a decadent asshole noble who happens to have enough money to be able to bribe pretty much everyone to turn a blind eye to his slave-owning. I mean, I wouldn't even put in absurd quantities of punishment into the backstory - only enough to get the point across that yes, you're a slave, no, you're not allowed to disobey.
>>
>>49239176
I know 4E has Minotaur as a normal race.
>>
>>49219465
Girl MC who was molded by her stepfather (a failed adventurer) into becoming the fulfillment of his ideal "player character".

Kinda meta-y, since her childhood is replaced with training to handle D&D concepts and eventualities. Depending on his preferences, she might be raised to cast spells, fight goblins or pick locks..or all at once as a bard. Then stepfather gets arrested on girl's 13th birthday or something, the timing makes it look like it's all part of the plan. The cheap excuse of a "tragic backstory" serves as her cue to go out and adventure how she sees fit. She would only snap out of it when she learns how much of her life is a lie.

Basically I want to toy around with the idea of someone literally raising his own Player Character.
>>
File: face thumbsupdude.gif (481KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
face thumbsupdude.gif
481KB, 141x141px
>>49245486
>>
>>49245486
Maybe the dad was a failed adventurer for a reason so the girls not that great either as she was actually trained wrong. That is until she gets experience which fill or correct the holes.
It makes enough sense and avoids crazy metaknowledge scenarios.
>>
>>49219465
A Solid-Snake expy, in short. Except he could turn into a robot and was simultaneously invigorated and disgusted by his own bloodlust.
>>
>>49245486
That's pretty neat. Although in an actual fantasy world, all those skills the stepfather teaches her are actually useful in a lot of situations, so I'm not sure anyone would mind being raised as an adventurer. There could be some resentment if the girl wanted to do other things with her life, but if she was raised properly I doubt she would want anything other than slaying dragons and becoming a timeless legend.
>>
>>49225054
My friend and I did this once. He was an adventuring lord, full on "Pip-pip cheerio, let's take the fight to them, lads!" and I was his valet. We had a neat dynamic going on similar to one of those old-time radio shows mixed with Jeeves and Wooster. He would kick down doors and charge the enemy, and I swept through that hallway checking for traps five minutes earlier to ensure he didn't get killed by darts shooting from the wall. Then after all was said and done, I would set up camp and make the tea. We had a blast with it, and I'd recommend trying it if you can find that kind of party member to role play with.

I also played in a group where one member was a usurped king, and the other three members were various servants or retainers. I was captain of the royal guard. Another dude was the court wizard. I don't remember what the last guy was. I think he was some sort of thief to round out the party, so maybe a spymaster? Then the king himself was a paladin. It started out really damn fun. The players were fun to role play with and great to be around, and the DM was good. Sadly, after one session we just never picked it back up.
>>
>>49245834
I think that's the catch. She's been raised all this time believing that her father cared for her and wanted to help her achieve her goal - and then she finds out that she's basically been groomed to be the ideal hero in order for her father to live vicariously through her.
She might also have been misinformed or indoctrinated to believe the world is a simpler place than it really is, to better get her into the mindset of killing the dragon and handing back the princess without any questions.
>>
>>49245708
>>49245798
>>49245834
Thanks for the support, I'd thought this would be perceived as a lot edgier.

>>49245897
Nice catch, this is what I was going for. She's like a demented version of Elan/Nale from OOtS. She only has the social skills for adventure-related situations, other times she's just...there. Maybe packed with prepared responses to certain inquiries.
>>
>>49246007
Well it wouldn't be edgey but she'd be a literal marry sue if her dad taught her EVERYTHING a dungeoneer needed to know then went walking through dungeons knowing exactly what was or wasn't a trap/mimic/good idea/bad idea/that the lever shouldn't be touched/what that monster is vulnerable to or how exactly to beat it/etc.
>>
>>49224472
Synth summoner.
>>
>>49219465
Always wanted to play an albino drow. They have some dumb FR name and ilfiltrate surface culture because they look normal-ish.
>>
>>49246380
You'll still have to buy a magical item or get sunburned, though.
>>
>>49246331
Heh, not really everything, just enough for her to realize stepfather's "ideal adventurer" fantasy.

Maybe I can add a layer of freudian excuses, by having her eerily resemble another adventurer he worked with. Or maybe I should scrap that in case that actually IS edgy.
>>
>>49246731
I don't see why not. She could take after her mother, be whatever the D&D version of a clone his, etc.
>>
>>49246731
I wouldn't say it's edgy as much as needing the right game. If the rest of the characters are grim-mongers with snowflake races, it's more than fine, but it's probably funky in a game where everyone else is also just a village kid.
>>
>>49246731
>>49246931
If you really want edgy, this is edgy.
She's really the daughter of an adventurer that the stepfather worked with and fell in love with, but he was wounded, ran out of money and had to retire, and they separated. When she later found a husband and had a daughter, the stepfather blew his lid and hired an assassin with his savings to kill her and his husband (because she was still stronger than him by far) and steal her daughter, who he then raised to be the version of her he idealized and not the one she'd turned out to be. She grew up poor because her stepfather spent all his savings on the assassin and went into debt, but he never really cared besides it helping his daughter's sense of martyrdom.
Now that went overboard.
>>
File: 1459992059604.png (373KB, 919x968px) Image search: [Google]
1459992059604.png
373KB, 919x968px
>>49235052
I'm actually planning on playing a Paladiness of Shub-Niggurath who believes wholeheartedly her deity isn't malevolant but rather a force of nature. So you get the bestiality and breeding kinks as well as all the waifu qualities of a socially awkward paladin.

>Pic related is some art a friendly drawfag did of her.
>>
>>49247261
Technically she's not wrong. It's just we as humans don't understand the true nature of the universe and thus label such things as malevolent.
>>
>>49234419
It's based on a case of poor communication killing over a particular bit of Hylotl furniture, a poster about rescuing their children when they float to the surface:
>starbounder.org/Orange_Neon_Collector_Sign
>>
>>49247301
>literally Take Surface Spawn
I wonder how such a message could be misconstrued.
>>
>>49247351
Because in-game everyone thinks the Hylotl are a bunch of smarmy dicks? Seriously, read how they describe their furniture compared to what everyone else thinks.
>>
>>49247380
Cause they are smarmy dicks.
>>
File: Dark floran eating.jpg (1MB, 1200x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Dark floran eating.jpg
1MB, 1200x1450px
>>49247424
Exactly!
Also, relevant pic for thread.
>>
>>49247261

That is extremely hot, and you are very lucky to have a game to play such a character in.

Does it happen to be recruiting?
>>
File: 847592-ammon2.jpg (35KB, 454x640px) Image search: [Google]
847592-ammon2.jpg
35KB, 454x640px
>>49243365
so this guy? well, he's a bit broody and edgy although i like him a lot
>>
>>49222067
Intelligent magic items can posses their host, so just have a demon bound to an item that can't be removed like a tatoo and have the DM occasionally roll for possession. When you're in control lawful good, when the demon wins evil. Boom character complete.
>>
File: 4401617-9258724964-37991.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
4401617-9258724964-37991.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
I really like character analysis of characters who are abnormally powerful in their universe.

How everyone treads around him, how common folk see him, the weird cult that follows, the frequent hate it gets for not being powerful enough to be a god, that kind of thing.

This obviously does not work for tabletop with multiple players.
>>
>>49221752
I had one player who was playing a middle-aged cleric out adventuring because the church needed her to.
One session involved her visiting her parents and going through the whole "We want grandkids/can't you settle down with someone nice/we always worry" conversation again while dropping off some gold.
>>
>>49227549
>Just some guy who wants to get rich and powerful and has no real moral compunctions about how to get there.
So, an adventurer?
>>
File: 1459120439359.png (178KB, 401x641px) Image search: [Google]
1459120439359.png
178KB, 401x641px
A woman in love with her own father, I don't do it because it would hit too close to home
>>
File: Karrde-vornskr.jpg (459KB, 1000x632px) Image search: [Google]
Karrde-vornskr.jpg
459KB, 1000x632px
I love the idea of playing a force adept of some type that has an empathetic link with a vornskr (basically a wolf with the force abilities to track and become invisible). The idea is this guys is generally good, but the semi tamed beast sends very bestial emotions and urges through the link that warns of danger, but is very primitive and aggressive.

I feel it is a nice spin on fighting the dark side where said darkness is a literal big bad wolf where your id should be and not the typical feeling make you bad schtick, but it would require GM fiat and mechanic creation, its pretty snowflaky, and I'm the only one who knows the FF Star Wars system in my group, but that is a complaint for a Forever GM thread.
>>
>>49235052
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/drakainia
>>
>>49252496
Anon. Technical opposite side of the spectrum. Just leave it alone and let it die in some dark and forgotten corner of your mind.
I know you think it might be therapeutic or whatever but it just brings it closer to the surface and further away from where it SHOULD be.
>>
>>49246007
Seems more like a Terry Pratchett-thing than "edgy"?
>>
I'm too often the straightman, so I'd like to branch out at some point, but the table I sit at IRL too often features people that need to be herded through the plot. And of the two good roleplayers, one is an exploitative powergamer, and the other puts their own character ahead of the whole experience.

I'd like to be able to play a CE character who is out adventuring for fun, friends, and the eternal quest for more power. A real social darwinist type, but not so much of an egoist that he wouldn't respect his (useful) party members, nor so much of an ideologue that he was obviously unfit for society.

I've also been sitting on the concept of a certain necromancer for quite some time. A guy who used to be a well-meaning and charming guy until his wife died, and tried too hard to bring her back. The mistakes kept piling up until he went too far to ever go back home again.
He'd still have a soft spot for love and beauty, but distance himself from it because he's convinced he's past redemption, cloaking himself in a stereotypical brooding necromancer persona because that's just what all his clients and employers have come to expect.
>>
File: gnoollll.jpg (37KB, 315x508px) Image search: [Google]
gnoollll.jpg
37KB, 315x508px
>>49219465
I really want to play a Gnoll Matriarch. Your typical Spotted Hyena alpha bitch, ran her own successful clan before an alliance of rival clans teamed up against their clan and destroyed it. She joins up with the party, hoping to get strong enough and gain new allies to one day take back her home territory and start a new clan. Probably takes the lead in battle with the party, acts like a big mommy to all of them. A firm, but loving mommy.

Really, I'd love to play as any Gnoll in a D&D game but my current group isn't doing any D&D games right now and I'm too scared to join another group online and get ridiculed for trying to play as a Gnoll.
>>
File: 1459113661344.jpg (324KB, 792x825px) Image search: [Google]
1459113661344.jpg
324KB, 792x825px
>>49252631
Letting go is really hard, even more so when you don't have anything better lined up.
>>
>>49253562
Letting go lets you line things up, anon.
If you keep these reserved mental space for someone who you shouldn't it takes space away from someone you should.
>>
>>49253696
Actual good relationship advice from /tg/? Dang.
>>
>>49253125
Most likely so, but not entirely (otherwise the thing would be light-hearted)
>>
>>49253271
I've seen that gnolls are among the more accepted of beast races in games alongside the thri-kreen and kobolds

Either way, I like the sound of your character. Would fight alongside
>>
>>49255552
Accepted so long as they don't pull that pseudo-penis futa bullshit.
>>
>>49221196
>They actually disproved that. All of what you said is ONLY applicable if its a close relative (3 degrees of relation)

Well, then how do humans get mad cow disease? Seems like horseshit to me
>>
>>49255949
Well you eat meat from an infected cow hence the massive cattle cull when the outbreak happened.
>>
A werewolf warrior named Sköll Månegarm. His background is that of hired muscle for merchants then he wanders off with [party] on a quest to get stronger.
He's a terrible, boring character but my girlfriend found a sheet with his info on it inside an old dictionary I lent her and convinced me to play him in a homebrew game. The first session will be next week and I'm already regretting it
>>
>>49222067
I'd like to do something like this, except instead of being outright evil, the demon would just be a mischievous asshole who generally only takes over to do potentially lewd things that make the host uncomfortable.
>>
File: 1460656554863.gif (78KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460656554863.gif
78KB, 800x600px
>>49219701
Joining you on the succubus train, but I want to play a noble one. But not one who rejects her talents, but one who uses them for good - seducing evil minions, charming her way in on infiltration jobs, practicing the occasional well-intentioned dark magic behind the party paladin's back, et cetera.

I like the dissonance and potential conflict, but it's just that too many people hear succubus character and immediately think magical realm.
>>
I don't even know if I could make this work, but do you remember a pasta about someone being grappled by some npc, said person told the mage to "get him off", and the mage proceeded to make the npc ejaculate by using Mage Hand to stimulate the npc's prostate, or something to that extent?

Since I read it, I've wondered about playing a Monk with some levels in Mage/Wizard, training to create and maintain as many simultaneous Mage Hands as possible while fighting, to strike their enemies for small amounts, use/handle weapons, or, if the DM won't allow it to be used to directly fight, merely confuse the hell out of the enemy during the fight, giving the monk an advantage:

>Ok, the Monk's going for a right hook, so I'll swerve this way and...
>WOAH WHAT THE HELL WHO PINCHED MY NECK I'M THE ONLY GUY LEF-
>*WHACK*
>Concentration, concentration, everyone else is knocked out, no could have pinched you, take down the Monk, take the loot and run home to that delicious onion sou- here comes a roundhouse kick, dodge that shit!
>AAAAHHH WHAT IN THE NAME OF FUCK GRABBED MY ANKLE THIS SHIT AIN'T RIG-
>*WHACK*
>And so forth
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.