[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the DM's girlfriend was easier to deal with in 3.5 than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: dmgirlfriend.jpg (80KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
dmgirlfriend.jpg
80KB, 625x416px
the DM's girlfriend was easier to deal with in 3.5 than 5th edition because the party wizard actually took skill to play so she wouldn't play it (too stupid obviously) but it was also powerful enough to stop her bullshit

discuss
>>
File: 1457939827310.png (95KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1457939827310.png
95KB, 625x626px
>>49218532
>Implying the "GM's Girlfriend" problem has ANYTHING to do with the actual game mechanics.

Here is your (you).
>>
>>49218532
But only 3.5 D&D GMs have girlfriends, anon.
>>
>>49218532

False. Favoritism in favour of the DM's girlfriend via DM fiat was always more of a problem than specific game mechanics, to the point where everything else only has a negligible impact.
>>
>>49218532
Find different group and stop whining about it, OP.
>>
>>49219120
Does Munchkin count? I think there's a feat called Banging the DM, or something along those lines, that gives a bonus for... well... that. So, technically, the problem could affect actual game mechanics, just not in 3.5 or 5E (though Munchkin did always seem pretty 3.5-ish)
>>
Just have your character begin to slavishly worship her character for the obvious luck the gods have bestowed upon her. Touch her warm flesh as a blessing before you go into battle , offer to be her foot stool as she scribes her spells , go prone behind her in every fight for safety.
>>
>tfw no cute /tg/ girlfriend to play tabletop games with
>>
How many functional adults in healthy relationships are required by their partner to let them win at games?

There are no shortage of couples, married and otherwise, I have gamed with. They tend to be the most competitive and intense gamers going and would fucking lose it if someone let them win.

Hell, my parents are board and vidya gamers and play sports against each other and take no prisoners whatsoever.

Is this experience abnormal? Are most relationships based on letting Her Indoors win all the games? Or are you all actually gaming with high schoolers who think a quick hand shandy from Mary Jane under the bleachers is the be all and end all?
>>
>>49219645
>functional adults in healthy relationships
>/tg/

Top kwk
>>
>>49219249
>munchkin
>feat
are we thinking of the same munchkin, the jokey card game made by steve jackson games?

>>49219645
/tg/ largely seems to post the most fucked up experiences they have (and therefore other people consider this the norm) or just make shit up
>>
>>49219822
Same guys, different games. There's the Munchkin card game you're referring to, but they also make an actual Munchkin RPG.
>>
>>49219645
Generally, the "DM's girlfriend" problem happens when she's not a gamer, but she's playing anyway because he's dragging her along or she's dragging herself along.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.