[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the next step in fantasy? i have already played 3.5,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

What is the next step in fantasy? i have already played 3.5, 5e, WHFRPG,Runequest and i dont want to touch gurps, what is next? anima?
>>
How about picking which one you like best and settling down with friends for a long-form campaign you can tell tales about for years to come?
>>
I think it's to stop listening to the memes and simply realize that changing systems doesn't really fix any problems, it just replaces them with different ones.

Pick a system you like, and work on what you can within the system. You should know by now what you want in a game better than any designer who's never met you does.
>>
>>49214470
we still play 5e and 3.5(my old group only), but mostly people only play 5e, and i am looking for something like 5e but more powered characters and more combat options that isnt 3.5 or 4e
>>
>>49214533
what if i dont like any system i am doomed?
>>
>>49214693
Figure out what you like and work from there.
>>
>>49214731
Overpowered characters that still can die and that you dont have to be a wizard to do wizard shit
>>
File: 1472421475183.jpg (959KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1472421475183.jpg
959KB, 3000x3000px
You should try The Burning Wheel or Torchbearer OP. While it depends on the group you are playing with, it can be really good.

Or just stop listening to memes and play GURPS. Seriously, it is a sweet game with rad tactical combat and lots of fun out of combat stuff as well.
>>
>>49214921
can i make anime fantasy with gurps?
>>
File: 1456045521155.jpg (422KB, 886x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1456045521155.jpg
422KB, 886x1004px
>>49215014
Yes. Just use the cinematic ruleset and you are good to go. Every single person in my group is a weaboo of some variety. As much as people give PF flak for being too weaboo, most people I played PF with ran a straight human (That free feat was just too good) whereas it has been the opposite for me so far when playing GURPS.
>>
>>49215090
what thing does cinematic rules add to gurps?
>>
File: 1431378116040.jpg (639KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1431378116040.jpg
639KB, 750x1125px
>>49215175
There are several different components that you can choose for cinematic rules, including a metacurrency system. The overall intention is to make GURPS less lethal and more crazy. GURPS by default is more heroic realism so being surrounded by a dozen goblins can be really dangerous no matter your power level. I would of course recommend looking over the rules yourself (GURPS Lite is free and all that you need to run a game) and asking questions on the GURPS Generals if you can.
>>
>>49214835

Mutants and Masterminds
>>
Dungeon World?

Savage Worlds?
>>
>>49214921

DO BURNING WHEEL

IT'S SICK AS FUCK
>>
>>49214456

REIGN mother fucker.

Like crunchy fantasy gaming? Want to run a world conquering company/kingdom at the same time, seamlessly switching between the two scales as needed with flawless mechanical ease? Why not play REIGN?
>>
>>49215595
what mutants and masterminds haves to offer?
>>49215644
can i catch an arrow with my hands in burning wheel?
>>
>>49215014
There were even Japanese supplements made for the game like Runal. It certainly isn't stopping you from running that type of campaign, though my own group would hate that stuff.
>>
>>49216562
>Can I catch an arrow
No. Burning Wheel is good stuff, but it is much more gritty and low compared to D&D, with an emphasis on codifying character behavior and motivations.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.