[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Work at local LGS because hobby >Bunch of dudes who have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

>Work at local LGS because hobby
>Bunch of dudes who have never playe D&D want to play
>Be a nice guy and get them a DM
>They start making characters
>This is when stuff starts to go downhill
>People see them rolling for stats
>Want to get in
>Suddenly we have over 15 people rolling for stats and creating characters and stuff
>DM gets mad because he knows they'll just waste time and never play
>FF to today
>Dudes who want to play create a Facebook group and drag me in
>They want to blame me because they can't get their shit together to even choose a day to play
>DM is stressed out and ignoring them

This is why you never try to teach people to play or where people can see you. I can't tell people to fuck off because I work there and I don't want to give the shop a bad rep, but why did I even try, they'll just end up being murder hobos.
>>
I was in a similar situation once. My body started a table top gaming group at our college, pretty sweet deal since the school pays for all sorts of models and rule books and board games and shit.

Decides to strart a dark heresy campaign, there's nearly 15 people there to play. A bunch of fedora tipping retards. He handles them all for a few weeks but can't handle people bitching about the day and time we play and the general retardedness of the group. Decides to separate into three separate campaigns and two of the tards decide to gm(mind you none of these people have ever played the game before a few weeks ago). Then they all start bitching about not wanting to be in the other tards campaign because they don't know what they're doing. Buddy then decides to draw names to appoint people to which dm they'll be with. He rigs it so only his actual friends are in his campaign and leaves the rest to fuck off. Every other campaign barely lasts two sessions and they level up like 5 times each session.
>>
>>49211822
You fucks need to learn to say 'no'.

"I'm sorry, the group is full."
There. That would have prevented the issues you and the DM are having.
>>
>>49212224
>You fucks need to learn to say 'no'.
Generally this. Too bad for OP - he works there and telling people to fuck off is bad for business, so it's up to a consideration whether it's worth it.
>>
>>49212162
Buddy*
>>
>>49212224
>"I'm sorry, the group is full."
but but but that would be rejecting them from a social thing just like I've been rejected from social things all through high school! I could never do such a horrible thing!
>lets everyone in
>no one gets to play/the shitbags shit everything up
>either way no one has any fun
>drive people out of this hobby

Fuck nerd social fallacies.
>>
> I can't tell people to fuck off because I work there

That's why you say "The game can't really handle more than X people."

Bonus points if you want to come in on scheduled days and get several games going.
>>
File: 1470890662431.png (124KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1470890662431.png
124KB, 5000x5000px
>>49212200
>>
this has to be bs
it has to be
>>
>>49215048

Nah, I can see it happening.

People are communal in nature and so want to be part of a thing that seems to be the focus of attention for other people.

And there are plenty of people who are really bad at saying "no" and like to blame other people for the problems that come from that instead of learning to say no
>>
>>49211822
LGS stories? Okay.

One opened up in my town about a year ago, awesome that it's managed to stay open this log as our town population is around 400, granted the next closest ones are an hour away so it pulls in the surrounding area.

Been gaming regularly since 2008 with the same core group, a couple people joing and leaving over time. Our most recent addition moved back home which is about 90 minutes away, he was coming fairly regularly for a while, but grew less and less frequent and till he got a girlfriend and vanished for 8 months. So we're down to four players, counting GM as we rotate, and you can run a game with 3 players if everyone knows what they are doing, which we do, but it limits your options, and if some one has to miss a week then you are really hurting. So we decided to start playing at the LGS to increase traffic, support local businesses, and possibly get some fresh blood.

One of our players is in Germany for the next three weeks so we needs players more than ever. Our oldest member, who has a raging lifelong erection for Darksun, picks up a 3rd party campagin setting for 5th Ed, called Thule, which is basically darksun except replace the deserts with jungles. We get there hoping to pick up at least 1 rando, but lo and behold the monty hall group that normally plays is either done already or on hiatus and they are all playing board games. We pull two people who I actually knew beforehand and they do well enough.
continued
>>
>>49216321
HOWEVER, 5 minutes in to character creation, this dude walks in to get somethig out of his bag, because for some reason they have to keep their shit in the other game room, so this lolsorandumb faglord tells the guy GMing "I have a mission for you, you have to give one of the players the Nobooboo Hammer" I already know this isn't going to end well, but the GM is trying to be polite and explains Magic Items aren't really a thing in Thule, but Shitstain cuts him off "what it does is, when you hit someone with it, it doesn't do any damage, but if you say No, booboo! then they have to sit. I've gone from annoyed to utter disdain at this point. GM, just shakes his head no "Not that kind of world."

He continues to pop back in every hour or so, and by the end GM just cuts him off with a stern "No."

LOL but its soooo funneh right guise and that is the hole and only reason to play dnd is 2 b funneh n teh best weigh to be funneh is by being le randum."

fuck me, if this is the new blood we're going to get, I don't want it because I'm sure its HIV+
>>
File: 1429728026285.jpg (436KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1429728026285.jpg
436KB, 664x1000px
>>49216614
>if this is the new blood we're going to get, I don't want it because I'm sure its HIV+
sensible kek
>>
File: 1458678681375.jpg (121KB, 599x880px) Image search: [Google]
1458678681375.jpg
121KB, 599x880px
>FLG has been running Adventure League, groups are getting large.
>Friend is already running one group, I volunteer to run another one.
>Pick up CoS for 5e
>Get a group of 6 together
>Have a lot of fun, players are engaged
>Finish session, next one will be fighting strahd himself
>Only two players show up for the next session
>"Oh schools starting, next week will be better"
>Same two players show up
Feelsbadman
>>
This is why my LGS actually has signup sheets for things

RPG Night? OK, each table is 4 or 5 players. First come first served.
>>
>>49216614
>fuck me, if this is the new blood we're going to get, I don't want it because I'm sure its HIV+
>>
Around the start of every month or after the last game of that month, the DM sends out a email with the next 4 weekned list at the top. On the side are the player names, everyone replies to all with Yes, No, or Tent...after 3 or 4 days its easy to see what days we are playing.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.