[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do new Chaos Space Marines come from? They're not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Where do new Chaos Space Marines come from?

They're not daemons, so they can't just petition their friendly local neighbourhood chaos god for a new body, and with all the battles against CSM over millenia eventually almost everyone from the original legions has been killed by now, right? Are marines turning to chaos in such a number to maintain a decent amount of chaos marines? Do they turn humans on planets they conquer into chaos space marines using dark mechanicus tech? I must know.
>>
>>49205266
When a mummy bad spess muhreen and a daddy bad spess muhreen love each other very much they do a special hug.
>>
Prett much the last one which is why the csm codex being shit tier is true to the fluff
>>
File: war is hell.jpg (44KB, 477x357px) Image search: [Google]
war is hell.jpg
44KB, 477x357px
Didn't the Iron Warriors try and make some new space marine babies in one of the novels and they were all born without skin or something?
>>
>>49205266
>they can't just petition their friendly local neighbourhood chaos god for a new body
They can't? I got the impression that when a codex said the same marines from the Horus Heresy were still fighting today. Isn't that what the 'Veterans of the Long War' or whatever the special rule is meant to represent?

Or were they just talking about the commanders and such?
>>
>>49205418
I think that's just commanders. One of the main reasons marines aspire to daemonhood is that it'll allow them to live eternally and continue their shenanigans.
>>
The ruinous powers can bring you back fro the dead, but it's mostly a combination of turning loyalist marines and recruiting people from chaos worlds.

There are no shortage of people brutal enough to become marines in chaos regions, even though they have far fewer planets to recruit from than the imperium. The problem is getting enough gene-seed. Chaos tainted gene seed is even more likely to kill you than the original, so there is a strong emphasis on capturing stocks from loyalist sources and force-growing more with forbidden technology, etc.

Even so, a traitor marine is relatively a more precious resource to the forces of chaos than a loyalist one is to imperium. That's why they use cultists as human shields even more than the imperium throws away the lives of it's guardsmen.
>>
>>49205266
according to one recent novel there're more chaos marines than the original legions many times over

I wonder the same too and all I can think of is "the chaos gods did it"
>>
>>49205266
The vast majority of them are just leftovers from the heresy. CSM naturally have significantly longer lives than even regular Marines, and don't have nearly as high casualty numbers as regular marines.

There are, however, some ways to make new CSM. exibit A:
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Daemonculaba
>>
>>49205266
Does everyone forget that warp fuckery also involves time travel?

A bunch of the traitor marines that went into the eye of terror came out a few weeks or months later after the Heresy from their point of view and now its year 40k.
>>
File: Slaaneshi CSM3.png (409KB, 522x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Slaaneshi CSM3.png
409KB, 522x1036px
>>49205418
Veterans of the Long War means that they fought in the Horus Heresy (or that they've been fighting an equal amount of time) and have survived through remarkable skill, brutality or sheer luck through the millennia. Most have not been fighting for literally 10k years, many blinking in and out of the timeline as they retreat back into the Warp and many only experiencing days or months since they fought in the HH, but several are truly ancient (Lucius and Fabius come to mind, with Fabius probably being the biologically oldest Marine of any kind still around). With the exception of Lucius and Kharn, I don't know of any canon marines that have been legit brought back from the dead without first ascending to daemonhood, though I might have missed something.

>>49205266
Astartes do fall to Chaos with startling regularity, often in bulk, and new chapters are created on a whim more often than not, so there's more than enough fallen loyalists to keep CSM numbers up. They can also replicate loyalist methods for creating Marines (off the top of my head, the , though probably with a massive mark-up in casualties, and there have been a handful of attempts to shortcut the process like with the Daemonculaba stuff.
>>
Eliphas was brought back at the request of Failbaddon the Armless, twice, to continue to troll the Bloody Magpies
>>
>>49205347

it was a sort of reverse abortion
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.