[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 53

>resources
pastebin.com/7R1QD7hP

Gorechosen edition

>General's Handbook pdf is up
https://mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:
>>49149960

I suppose that, GW will return to AoS after Blood Angels release, right? Starting with Gorechosen!

Off topic, Kill Team epub is up.
>>
>>49205140
According to who?
>>
>>49205140

Sort of. The example for this would be the Empire State Regiment battalion which has a matched play points value but requires Empire State troops. obviously it's intended for matched play and the only difference between Free Guard and State Troops are their warscroll name but the point is that you are allowed to take legacy war scrolls even when an updated one is available.

What you cannot do is use an older version of the same warscroll. So if for example, (new) Archaon got nerfed for some reason and had his warscroll updated, you could not just roll back to the 1.0 version of it.
>>
Where the fuck is this Kill team ePub that everyone keeps saying is up?
>>
>>49205268
Right - but the Warrior Priest of Sigmar, for example, does not appear in the most current version of the 'legacy' warscroll. Mysteriously missing.
>>
>>49205639

Neither do Empire State Troops or Empire Handgunners
>>
>>49205381
Not in this fucking thread egjit!
>>
Building my Storm cast army, was thinking of a defensive shooting line . Using Judicators to bog down enemy lines while the paladins and liberators can move in.

Lord celestant on dracoth- 200
Lord castellant- 100
2x Gryph hound- 80
(380 pts)

10x Judicators- 320
10x liberators - 200
(520 pts)

10x protectors- 400
3x retributors- 132
3x Prosecutors with javelins- 80
(612 pts)

1512 pts total, my group has agreed that you can exceed the limit by no more than 20 so I'm in the limit
>>
>>49205727
>>49205639

Sorry I wasn't being very clear here: neither Empire warrior priests nor state troops will have a unique entry in Generals handbook but are clear to play in matched by just using the points cost of their renamed entry.

This is mostly intended to not invalidate someone who just wants to use the Empire PDF with their old army which is why they gave those legacy battalions points values as well. Through this option you can use the Empire Warrior Priest instead of the newer Warrior Priest.
>>
>>49205989

If your store is cool with you only paying for 3 retributors then that's fine but normally you have to pay for the whole minimum unit.

Also consider just buying the Easy Make retributors and getting it to a unit of 5. It's like $8.

2 gryph hounds are overkill. 1 is good in that list to counter deep striking and summoning but they are not combat monsters by any means.

Also split your judicators into two units of 5, they gain zero advantage for being in a unit of 10 and lose the second Prime who you want with a Big Bow hitting on 2's.
>>
>>49205989
>3x retributors- 132

Its 220 points for 5 or less. So you have a 1600 point list.
>>
Hey so in Age of Smegmar is Archaon a minor Chaos god or still just a mortal?
>>
>>49206194

Essentially a Demi-God who's powerful enough to not really answer to the Gods in a direct fashion anymore.
>>
>age of poopmar
>>
>>49206110
>>49206116
I put them as 3 because I could've sworn I read on his warscroll that that's his Max unit size and I figured battle scribe was wrong , if that's the case then I'd use the full unit. The second group hound ease there to balance the points from the three retributors, so I can amend the list.

Also Yea the Judicators and liberators will be split into smaller units, I just meant them as totals
>>
>>49206283

The minimum unit size was 3 but if you look at the matched play entry, it's changed to 5 for 220.

And keep the liberators as 10 so you can get the Castellant buff on all of them, it makes a big difference.
>>
Does anyone have the how to paint guide for stormcast eternals? I've never painted a mini before so I'd like a step by step guide to help me not ruin it.

I have watched Duncan and paint them on YouTube as well, that guy is amazing.

Side note: is there a difference between once per battle and once per game? I've seen unit abilities that say both .
>>
>>49206392

I think the How to Paint Stormcast is still in the resources in the OP, we can try to help you out with any specifics.

Any Once Per Battle and Once Per Game are interchangeable
>>
>>49206361
Ah alright, so I wasn't totally wrong, I thought I was crazy for having misread. Thanks for all the input though! Asking for my friend, who's plays khorne (we got the starter set) how is he supposed to deal with shooting? I told him cav units and fast models like furies would be good but I'm not sure.
>>
>>49206447

Having lots of dudemans and long ass charges.

Stormcast shooting isn't really unfair unless you work to skew it (cough hurricanum cough). Bow judicators are great for spot removal but can't really hurt units that badly and crossbow judicators are just bad
>>
>>49206415
Thanks man! This might be the nicest general I've ever been a part of you guys have been a huge help in getting me into this hobby!
>>
>>49206508

Glad to try and help. There are nice anons in this thread but it'll degenerate into awful shitposting occasionally so just be wary of that.
>>
>>49206471
I've literally won every game by utilizing the prosecutors, I think it's driving him insane desu. But if the strategy is to just soak up the damage and close the gap I'll let him know,
>>
>>49206697

Prosecutors aren't even very good. Javelin prosecutors are breddy ok but if that's what's killing him I have no idea besides "improve yourself".

Unless you meant judicators, which I guess bow judicators can do a number on blood warriors
>>
>>49206787
I'm willing to be his tactics are lacking (mine probably are too) but I just set up the prosecutors behind a unit of libs and try to cut down his units while they attempt to advance, occasionally taking potshots at his khorgorath or slaughter priest etc. Lord relictor moves between a second unit of libs and the lord celestant while the retibutors set up to lightning strike.

I've beat him ever single time except the first game, in which his bloodsecrator beat a full unit of retributors and prosecutors because god tier rolls.
>>
>>49205825
I've checked the pastebin and the megas and I can't find it,
>>
>>49206924

Huh. Is he buff chaining sufficiently? He should be rolling something like 3d6+4, take the two highest for most charges and when he gets to melee he shouldn't have too much of an issue.

Do you remember his list?
>>
>>49206967
Both our lists are exactly the starter set, with his having a slaughter priest with hackblade.

He usually spreads the buffs out a bit, usually bumrushing my lord with a whipped khorgorath and mighty lord. Then tarpitting the liberators with reavers and warriors and dealing with the retributors when they come with nearby forces.

I never let the slaughter priest survive. Also his bloodsecrator might as well be terrain for how much it moves, all he does is plant the standard (makes sense to me though)
>>
>>49206032
I just downloaded the Empire PDF. Almost everything is in there. There is no Empire Warrior Priest profile.

>>49205727
The state troops are in there.
>>
File: page 24.png (158KB, 769x502px) Image search: [Google]
page 24.png
158KB, 769x502px
>>49207089
>>
>>49207058

Well that's what Bloodsecrators are there for, as long as he's in range.

He should be stacking those buffs on one unit (probably bloodreavers at first) to make them a really Killy missile. They shouldn't tarpit liberators, they should lawn mow them if done right (which is fine for you, that's what liberators are there for)

The khogorath should never ever receive a buff unless there's no one else, just because of how shit it is.

The slaughterpriest is breddy gud but he's not a super dangerous guy by any means.

Granted the starter set does favor Stormcast by a fair bit, it might just be time to expand
>>
>>49207129

Dunno man, 50% chance for d6 mortal wounds could change the game if it goes off a couple times.
>>
>>49207089

Page 24, it's after all the artillery for some reason
>>
Just orderem a starter set and storm of sigmar box with my friend - khorne halves are for me. What should I buy to build a decent casual 1k pts army? Start collecting box would be enough?
>>
>>49207164

Oh he's pretty sweet don't get me wrong, especially since it's not like it can be disbound. Plus he's a priest if your store ever plays with the extra terrain rules
>>
>>49207203
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Gorechosen-ENG

Pay less for more heroes
>>
>>49207203

I gotchu senpai. If your store lets you go over by 20 points, add the other 10 bloodreavers

Leaders
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
Bloodstoker (80)
Bloodsecrator (120)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe

Units
Bloodreavers x 10 (60)
- Reaver Blades
Blood Warriors x 10 (200)
- Goreaxes
Blood Warriors x 5 (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
Mighty Skullcrushers x 3 (160)
- Axes

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions

Total: 960/2000

>>49207255

this is also an excellent choice as it'll get you most of the other subsidiary heroes for bloodbound
>>
>>49207300
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like I need only a Start Collecting and Starter Set to fulfil this list?
>>
Just got into AoS and I'm trying to put together a StormMarine Eternals list.

What units/configurations are best and what should be avoided?

Also, a good sample list would be awesome. So far I have the getting started and half the w player starter box to work with. I seriously want some Judicators.
>>
>>49207403

That's is absolutely correct, in fact you'll have spare models
>>
>>49207499
Judicators are great. Give them the bows for range.

Retributors are awesome. Make sure to give the prime a starsoul mace.

Liberators with shields are a decent essential battleline. Give the prime a great weapon.

Prosecutors are good wizard/warmachine hunters. Whether you go javelins or hammers, it's up to you, because they all have pros and cons.

The knight-vexillor is amazing with the pennant because he is essentially your retributor mortal wounds delivery system

Get the starter set for the cheap lord-celestant on dracoth and lord-relictor, and the other stuff fills out your army well enough.

Not everyone is completely sold on the celestant-prime yet.

the giant dragons are rapemachines

the dracoth cavalry are as well.

Thats all i can think of off the top of my head right now.
>>
>>49207575
>Retributors are awesome. Make sure to give the prime a starsoul mace.
Make sure to NOT give the prime a starsoul mace.

Jeez, how could I have fucked that up...
>>
>>49207538
Thank you very much Anon - I need to keep this cheap so it is a good news for me
>>
>>49207499
Two things from my personal experience

1)Don't go overboard on support and harassing stuff, you need damage dealers badly in Stormcast. Paladins and Dracothion guard are all amazing. Considering how cheap liberators are, these should make up a significant portion of your points total.

2) Stormcast are a buff skew faction like Bloodbound. It's not as obvious but they benefit from +1 to hits and save buffs like no other faction due to their abundant "roll a 6+ and this crazy thing happens" rules. You want buffs in your army or you're going to feel very lackluster. Order is great for this though.

The lord Castellant is your bloodsecrator, he's nearly mandatory unless you can think of a really good reason. He's a guaranteed no rolls required arcane shield provider that doesn't give a shit about the rule of 1.

You don't know joy until you run a 1+ save (stack it twice) unit who rerolls 1's into a deathstar of blood Knights and just laughs it off. When Stormcast are fun, they're very fun.
>>
Thanks my dudes.

>>49207585
Just curious as to why you don't want the leader to have the mace?

>>49208112
Could you specify how you get a 1+ save and what exactly does that mean? I haven't played a GW based miniature game since '12. I understand the basic mechanics behind the game but I thought the highest save you could get was a 2+?
>>
>>49208396
The prime has an extra attack, which means nothing when he's equipped with the starsoul mace because it doesnt utilize attacks or roll to-hit. It's best that he has a lightning hammer
>>
>>49208396

So armor buffs in this game are just flat +1s to the armor roll. A roll of 1 always fails but that's fine.

On the other side, rend is just a flat -1 (or whatever) to the toll. So both sides counter act each other.

So say I took a unit of Fulminators, the Dracothian Guards with spears, and hit them with the Castellant buff: Dracothians are a 3+ to start, fulminators receive a +1 to their armor saves during the shooting phase and then receive a further +1 to their save from the Castellant, which makes their armor save require a roll of 3 on a D6+2, which is literally anything (although a 1 always fails)

The short hand of this is to just combine those buffs into their armor save number itself (since its identical) and just say a 1+ armor save.

The advantage of this is that Fulminators in the shooting phase with he Castellant buff are rolling 3+ armor saves (3+ roll on D6 +2 for buffs and -2 for rend) against fucking cannonballs, rerolling 1's.
>>
>>49207089
The real question is will you grow out your moustache?
>>
>>49206954
Maybe because your in the AOS thread, not the 40k thread
>>
Friendly reminder that if you have models on the old 20mm square bases you are modelling for advantage and you need to rebase them to 22mm rounds asap
>>
>>49209929
Nice bait post. Sadly it is likely to work as we get a bunch of sperging out about squares being illegal argument. Oh well. Here's a (You) in case that was all you were searching for.
>>
>>49209929
>you are modelling for advantage

lel
>>
File: image.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>49209929
>>
Aww fuck. This weekend's releases is just a bunch of blood angel stuff.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2016/09/this-weeks-releases-angels-blade-and.html

I am so bored with the last several week of releases since after beastclaw raiders.
>>
>>49209929
My zombie rape train all on twentys will fuck up all you's bitches! Everything else on rounds but these guys gonna stay ranked yo! If nothing more than to piss you off... Oh and yeah, cus the rules say I can
>>
>>49210786
yawn more space marines. when are they going to bring on the grungni duardin?
>>
>>49206954 #

If you can't find it, then you don't deserve to download it.
>>
How shitty is it to face regenerating units? I really like the idea of a swamp-themed destruction list with troll hag, river trolls, and fimir. Would it be a dickish force to start building? Have played like two games so I don't really have a handle on the game as a whole yet
>>
So I just watched this, and frankly i was kinda impressed. For those of you wanting to run tomb kings in AoS, i can see these guys totally fitting a high-fantasy egyptian theme, especially on round bases.

https://youtu.be/N967kvKgNS4

Again, mantic hasn't had that stellar of a history with quality, but these look alright, despite them being *shudder*metal*shudder*
>>
>>49212365
A lack of any true ranged attacks may cause issues but it mite b kewl. Give it a try. I've always wanted to try fimir out.
>>
File: like, tears in rain scoobs.jpg (15KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
like, tears in rain scoobs.jpg
15KB, 242x208px
>>49212752
>Acquire army of Mantic tomb kings
>Unable to use it in GW stores and stores that require GW models in GW games
>>
Are blood crushers and blood letters good? Or in a khorne army is it all about your hero units and buffing blood warriors?
>>
My lord and savior Duncan has blessed me this day with a tutorial on painting fur. Just what I sweating over as I finish my 'Ardboyz and get ready for the Gruntas. Perfect.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>49209929
>>
File: prosecutorspainted1.jpg (216KB, 809x754px) Image search: [Google]
prosecutorspainted1.jpg
216KB, 809x754px
Got my 6 prosecutors painted.
>>
File: prosecutorspainted2.jpg (230KB, 1064x711px) Image search: [Google]
prosecutorspainted2.jpg
230KB, 1064x711px
>>49214977
>>
File: prosecutorspainted3.jpg (226KB, 929x679px) Image search: [Google]
prosecutorspainted3.jpg
226KB, 929x679px
>>49214998
>>
>>49214977
Holy shit those actually look really cool.
>>
>>49205101
>I suppose that, GW will return to AoS after Blood Angels release, right? Starting with Gorechosen!
odds are its pause because GW is working on what the results of season of war will be

tzeentch if anything will be next since it would tie with the current 40k going on

then the elves release since light and shadow are the only ones left follow by some more rebases like free men forces and skavan
>>
>>49205101
Anybody feel like playing some 1000 Point Bonesplitterz?

>Leader
Savage Big Boss
- Command Trait: Bellowing Tyrant

>Battleline
Savage Orruks x10
Savage Orruks x10

>Other
Arrowboys x30
Arrowboys x30

- Kunnin' Rukk

Total: 960/1000

Anybody?
>>
>>49214977
>>49214998
>>49215013
Fucking nice
>>
>>49214977
>>49214998
>>49215013

These are fantastic, mate. Been following the progress and you've done a great job.
>>
Anyone know where I can get a beastclaw raiders scan?
>>
>>49215527
Bellowing tyrant is beastclaw allegiance only command trait
>>
>>49215970
umm.. in the OP pastebin? because, you know, that's why it's there
>>
>>49215039
>>49215842
>>49215931
Thanks guys, appreciate the complements. I have about 5 more retribtors and my lord-relictor and knight-errant conversions on the painting table. That's about all I have left to do for my forgesworn eternals army.
>>
>>49215996
na man, I'm looking at the general's handbook right now and it's a destruction command trait.
>>
>>49216056
Keep at it! Love the progress so far
>>
Off topic but, can someone link me to which pastebin the kill team download is in? I can't seem to find it.
>>
>>49216307
no. fuck off.
>>
>>49216307
Can't you beg in the 40k general thread? You know, where that game actually fucking gets discussed?
>>
File: image.jpg (358KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
358KB, 1200x675px
>>49216347
The OP of this thread mentioned it so I thought I might ask if he could point me in the direction of the download. I'm sorry about asking in this thread, I've asked again in the 40k thread.
On a separate note to you anons, what's the fluff for your army? I've been trying to write up a short description of my guys, their history and, a story connecting the battles I've played with them.
>>
>>49216841
i see it as an epub in the Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves mega

Then in 40k, then codex&campaign

but it's an epub, not a pdf. but it's the latest edition
>>
>>49209929
>22mm
GW has 25mm and 32mm.
>>
>>49217223
Pretty sure they meant 32mm but it's just shitposting.
>>
>>49216841
That city on the right and the jelly fish domes on the left are drawn with different vanishing points and it's just...bad art. Like freshman art class level. Technical skill is there if you only look at small areas but huge perspective errors between different parts just kinda kills it for me
>>
>>49217335
The city isn't even co-planar with the lake it's next to/in
>>
>>49217335
>>49217355
I don't think it's supposed to be a map/scene, just a rough guide to the area.
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1317x799px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1317x799px
>>49217366
As much as I defend AoS, I don't agree that some of the map art could improve. I'm not critiquing the concepts, more that the execution is flawed, and generally seems rushed. But there are definitely stand out pieces of art.
>>
File: bonesplitterz.jpg (114KB, 1280x387px) Image search: [Google]
bonesplitterz.jpg
114KB, 1280x387px
>>49217485
I like this one.
>>
>>49217530
I was thinking about posting that one too. I think that more art that shows what factions do in their downtime would be really great. Like showing Stormcast policing Azyrheim, or something like that. Any piece of information that fills in the gaps of the setting would be appreciated.
>>
>>49217485
Yeah. It's possible to like and enjoy something while also recognizing some aspects could be done better.
>>49217530 is pretty cool
>>
>>49209998
Why is he baiting? You can get way more mini's in combat with square bases, it's a fact.

I dont know if there are any official sizes yet but just look at the Sylvaneth Dryads. They come with 32mm circular bases which makes a huge difference.
>>
>>49217980
Yep, keep up the totally unnecessary unproductive argument. All for them replies, amirite?
>>
>>49209998
>>49210026
>>49210066
>>49210818
>>49214364
>>49217223

Jesus Christ are you guys seriously this easily triggered or do you just want any excuse to shit on people?

The guys making a valid point about square vs round bases, even if he got the measurements wrong. There is a BIG difference between the old squares and new 32mm bases which seem to be the standard for most new release units.
>>
>>49218024
Did I miss something? No really, why is it unnecessary? I'm not even that guy, I just don't understand how anyone can't see the difference. I thought it was generally known and accepted that round bases are the new norm now, or it is at least at my two local clubs.

Forgive me if I missed some great flamewar and the topic is now taboo or something.
>>
File: rebasing4-AOS_zpsqvbokntj.jpg (88KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
rebasing4-AOS_zpsqvbokntj.jpg
88KB, 600x800px
>>49218024
(You)
>>
>>49218031
>>49218064
Yep, because this won't devolve into a shitty pointless internet argument as it has done in the pass. No siree. This time it will be different. Keep it up. I'm sure you still have more 'trigger' and 'you mad' rebuttals.
>>
>>49215102
The 40k going on right now is more khorne, then blood angels. No signs of tzeentch.
>>
So, can women become Stormcast Eternals?
>>
>>49218440
Yeah. We just haven't seen one yet.
>>
Huh, MEGA is giving me an "out of memory" error when I try to download the General's Handbook.
>>
>>49218440
Much like female imperial guard/commissar.

>>49218581
>"out of memory" error
Is that a old desktop?
>>
>>49218094
Shit. This post wins the argument.

Saving the pic.
>>
>>49218955
Nah I think it's just limited to how big a file it allows you to transfer without signing up for an account.
>>
File: 3542356234.jpg (130KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3542356234.jpg
130KB, 1024x768px
>people keep going on and on how absolutely imbalanced Stormfiends are and how they are an WAAC unit and I should kill myself forusing them

When did that meme start? They seem pretty well balanced with 300 points for one unit, not including the Packmaster tax.
>>
>>49218999
>wins the argument
We know that smaller base have advantage, that's why certain tournament require you to rebase.
>>
Anyone seen any good unique paintjobs for death.
>>
>>49218999
Oh fuck off. We know the squares offer an advantage. The issue with the subject is about whether or not to sperg about it, which people do. It turns into a shit flinging contest that goes nowhere and only drowns out or chases the good discussions people actually want to take apart in.

There are usually 2 camps, and only these 2 extremes are accepted sides. Any healthy middle ground stances are ignored because idiots are too busy attacking the other camp like it's going to make a difference. One says you should rebase to prevent any unfair advantage, and not doing so means you are playing the game wrong, period (which is clearly where this post >>49209929 is, with the obvious intent just to stir shit up). The other says it doesn't make that big of a difference and some people like to also play kow/9th age/8th ed with their minis, or just don't want to rebase, and should be able to play with them unhindered.

It's like the discussion about old version of minis vs new ones like the carnasaur, or the argument on using old warscrolls with new points, etc.

So what's the answer? Depends on the fucking meta you are playing in, but obviously people can't accept that, so the threads get shit up with the inane bickering that drowns out the good discussions and genuine questions and answers that sensible people come here for.

So again I say, fuck off. We don't want to discuss it, we don't want to argue about it. Just accept the answer you have concluded in your head to be the right one, and accept the way it is played in your area like a big boy. Are tables frequently mixed with round and square bases where you play? Deal with it, they're not going to change because some image on the internet told you so. Do the local players scoff at fantasy minis on square bases? You better suck it up and rebase if you expect to play aos, or choose a different game that's also played locally.
>>
>>49219706

A guy on this board did an excellent 'fire' themed death army, where the spirits where trapped in a burning glade and were painted fire colours...

but then he lost confidence and changed it to regular spoopy green, shame.
>>
I don't know if anyone can help, does anyone know of any online "bitz" stores, ebay or anything else where I would be able to buy Archaon's Daemon mount (Dhorgar) "heads"

I really only need the heads and I can't find them anywhere?

Help a Brother out please!
>>
>>49219156
Have you ever seen what a clan skryre warpfire sub battalion can do to an elite high save low model count army like sylvaneth treelord/hunter spam with alarielle? It felt like I was cheating (had a warplock, drill, 4 flamethrowers and stormfiends with warpfire). It was like episode 10 of season 6 from GoT.

I will only use that against WAAC-players from now on.
>>
File: Herald.jpg (198KB, 609x942px) Image search: [Google]
Herald.jpg
198KB, 609x942px
WIP Herald of Nurgle, happy so far, kinda wishing I painted the nurgling a different colour but otherwise all good
>>
>>49218440
Yes they can, only that when reforged they turn into Stormcasts as we see them. Unless I'm missing something I think they only are reformed into men during the recasting process. They could have been women in their mortal life but all of the Stormcast become the same sculpt when they ascend or some shit.
>>
>>49218440
Since SE are basically living armor, I don't see why not.
>>
>>49220476

my headcannon was they were all just Sigmar "clones"
>>
>>49220476
It's standard issue armor
>>
>>49217335
It's a Map.

Like an in-universe mappy map.

Remember how in the olden days they used to draw little sea monsters in the sea and stuff?
>>
>>49220515
They fucking are not.
>>
>>49220873
They are spirits of heroes who fought against chaos forged by Sigmar into warriors using Sigmarite. That sounds a lot like living armor to me.
>>
File: errant questor.jpg (175KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
errant questor.jpg
175KB, 1000x1000px
>>49220962
They can take the armour off and still be Stormcast Eternals, they still look pretty fleshy under there too. How is that living armour?
>>
>People haven't read the AoS book
Sigmarines are human heroes encased in Sigmarite armour
They are still human under it
>>
>>49220962
>using Sigmarite.

Ay this must be intentional trolling.

No, the process doesn't use Sigmarite. They get reforged as musclar men and women and then Sigmarite is harvested from Mallus and then forged into armor and weapons that are then handed to the Stormcast to wear and wield..
>>
>>49221045

>Sigmarines are *heroes* encased in Sigmarite armour

Not just Humans, Dorfs, Aelves, Orruks, Shyish mortals, Chaos Worshippers... encased in a human frame
>>
>>49221024
>>49221045
>>49221074

Alright, looks like i took the sigmar forging SE metaphor too literally. Sorry.
>>
>>49221242
Don't forget the brainwashing.
>>
First 10 Skelingtons 90% done (excuse the potato foto). The shields for the not-snapfit ones will be done seperately, but only after I painted at least 20 more. Also the szandard is missing a symbol of some kind, but I'm not in the mood to work put a freehand right now.
>still about 3k points of 6th ed VC to go
>round bases are best bases
>>
File: 20160907_163646.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20160907_163646.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
>>49221466
Of course I forgot the pic
>>
>>49213689
Crushers are meh tier but large Bloodletter units are hella rapey when supported by Heralds and Bloodsecrators. Not much that survives against a buffed up 20+ strong unit of them.
>>
>>49221242

>all Stormcast units have the Human tag

It was a good head canon at release but it's not really supported now
>>
>>49205101
People actually play babby fantasy?
Is this thread a joke or are people actually managing to enjoy this garbage?
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 720x720px
>>49218031

>GW says rebasing is in absolutely no way mandatory
>guy says the opposite on a Himalayan Wiji Board
>collects his fair toll of (You)'s

I am generous, have one
>>
>>49220325
If you play an engine coven you have little options what to field in 2k points, seeing that everything is expensive as fuck. And it runs well against such a list, but you will lose every mission you play against high model count armies that screen their key pieces properly.

And someone fielding Alarielle and spamming big dudes is already fielding a really hard list in the first place. Besides, 12 Jezzails oneshot alarielle in one shooting phase anyways.
>>
>>49212752
The molds are so damn ugly though.
>>
>>49220476
This is never mentioned anywhere. It is said that Sigmar picked humanity's best men and women to become Stormcast, but no female Stormcast have been shown or described. It's up in the air right now.
>>
>>49220125
Show us on the doll where the bases touched you.

In all seriousness, our local area is just now getting into AoS so this info is all new to me. I've never followed threads, never researched. It's never come up, but now I know there's a potential issue and some arguments for both sides.

If nothing else, this shitposting, as you call it, informed a new player about potential issues and gave him some level of familiarity so that he might discuss it if and when it comes up.

So if you'd kindly fuck off...
>>
>>49221489
Nice, they are a little clean though. It's really up to opinions, but I prefer my skeletons a bit more realistic and gritty. I'd recommend a wash of Agrax Earthshade at the least, it won't alter the color too much, and will give you a very subtle realistic look.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2737x1819px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2737x1819px
>>49221817
Here's an action shot of my own. I do a sort of marshland/swamp base for my army, as such a apply a slight splash of Greenshade. Looking at real bones, they typically attract some form of vegetation.
>>
>>49220125
why do people even care about model size for a game that's pretty much "you can do anything and the rules are shit, just buy stuff"
>>
>>49222043
It's not you can do anything and the rules aren't shit.
>>
>>49220690
That would make more sense if the art style was ye olde tyme hand drawn map and not fairly realistic other than that every single sub element is drawn from a slightly different perspective. Like >>49217730 said, GW's Philippino digital art interns don't always get it right which is fine, just don't go full fanboy "they dindu nuffin"
>>
>>49222161

>just want 7th Ed Empire or Bretonnia army book tier artwork

why can't they just hire that dude again

He was responsible for about 40% of the golden age of 40k/fantasy because of his excellent artwork
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
just imagine how good it would be if they published Stormcast art with this level of realism and emotional depth
>>
>>49221805
you didn't even read his whole post, did you?
>>
>>49222427
FUUUUUUCK!

I want that so bad...
>>
Anyone got any ideas for making female necromancers?
>>
>>49221242
Only humans souls are taken by Sigmar. Says so in their battletome.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
>>49222999

The opportunities for great art pieces are astounding in AoS

Something like this

>an unhelmeted Stormcast with a pained look views the apocalyptic landscape of the home he tries desperately to remember

Rather than

>two armies clearly using the literal models as models kind of run at each other but nobody on other side is actually fighting
>>
>>49223273
Maybe get your hands on some of the old lamian vampires? They look like vampires but you can easily say that they act like necros. Or you can go on reaper mini and get a model from there. Or you can get sexier ones if you look at things like kingdom death or raging heroes if thats what you want.
>>
File: 13190654244_582ec6e4a7.jpg (57KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
13190654244_582ec6e4a7.jpg
57KB, 500x333px
Alright Skaven-bros, tell me about your Warpgrinder exploits. Got my claws on two of them and I found the to be surprisingly useful. Letting a blob of 40 Plague Monks simply appear somewhere on the map reall disrupts your opponents battleplan and forces them to deal with it. Other hot contender are Nightrunner for pelting enemies with shorts or 3 Stormfiends with Rattlings for some 9d6 shots of goodness.

>>49223273
Use the plastic Darkelf Sorceress, shorten her ears, a skull in her hand and use spare skeleton arm bits and some greenstuff to make her a bony skirt. Friend did it and she looks great next to the regular necro model.
>>
Thoughts on this?

Oldblood on Carnosaur
Saurus Sunblood

Give Sunblood the 'Relic Blade', meaning his stats are 5A/3+/3+/-1/1+1. Meaning potential 10 damage per turn. Use the Oldblood Command ability on the Sunblood to give +2A to it. Potential 14 damage per turn. 7A's with mace, meaning statistically, at least one will be a 6. Meaning D3 wound rolls, rather than 1. Got a 50% chance to get 3 wound rolls, which then is another 50% chance to get a 6. Meaning that attack does D3+1 damage.

Now, the question is, let's say I roll 7 dice, they all roll 6. Does that mean I do 7 attacks with D3 wound rolls? Which, if we assume each rolls a 6, means 7 D3+1 damage attacks?

Meaning a potential 28 damage per round?

Is it even worth doing? If not, can those special magical items go on units like Celestant Prime or Nagash or whatever?
>>
>>49222427
Where's the emotional depth? It's two guys fighting.

AoS isn't built for realism like Fantasy was, because AoS is neither grimdark nor grounded, it's turbo-high fantasy.
>>
>>49225294

They can't go on named characters but yeah the relic blade is quite good. It can't affect the mount sadly.

Yes if you rolled all 6's they would all do D3+1

Also try to think in terms of probability rather than damage potential.

7 attacks on 3+/3+ will be 3.11 armor saves against the enemy, against a 4+ enemy that'll be about 2 unsaved wounds for about 4 damage on average plus a little more for the random D3 on a 6 rolls.

>>49225491

If you can't see it, I can't explain it to you. The point is that the actual quality of the artwork on a legitimate technical level was much higher and it contributed massively to the quality of the overall game
>>
>>49225714
I was thinking purely on the % chance to get the D3 bonus. There isn't any bonuses for Seraphon and no unique relics for them, Undead or Stormcast.

I like the Sunblood as the choice because 7W 4+, but mostly ignoring -1 and -2. Meaning with Mystic Shield. 3+. I can't remember if Eternal Starhost also affects Sunbloods, if so, 2+ armour save. Meaning only Celestant Prime and Dread Saurians can eat through it's armour. Unless, of course, they are a Empire on Griffin with Great Sigmarite Hammer + Relic Blade. Which would be -3 Rend.

Oh I forgot something else. Give the Sunblood the Expert Fighter trait for another +1A. Making it 8A. What difference does that make?
>>
>>49226012
>>49226012

He's quite tough but sadly he doesn't have the awesome No Rend ability that some other dinosaurs get. I wouldn't waste mystic shield on him normally, it's not really his job.

Legendary fighter is always nice but he's not super intimidating even with all his buffs. He'll do well don't get me wrong but he's not going to clear part of the table by himself (which is okay, just don't get over ambitious with him and you won't be disappointed)
>>
>>49226288
I was thinking about him for a 1500 point game. Vanguard limitations, but with 500 more points.

The thing I don't like is, Engine of the Gods are Behmoth AND Leader. Meaning I was right to not stick my 4 Stegadon Howdahs choices in place. I wanted to run 4 Engine of the Gods, but that's impossible outside 3000 point games.

Personally, I'd run Slann + Skink Starseer + Eternal Warden + 60 Saurus Guard. Just hope I can hold off the enemy with 1+/2+ Saurus Guard. It's crap, but who cares. My entire WHFB army is fucked because of AoS.
>>
File: image.gif (751KB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
751KB, 294x238px
>>49226627

>60 Saurus guard

Top kek
>>
>>49226781
I have 60 Temple Guard. The problem is, I think I've lost 20 Torsos. So I can't make them. Dunno where I put them. Got like 100 more Saurus Warriors and 150 Skinks to make. 10 more Knights too.

I'm super lazy and jaded about modelling these past years. AoS just made it worse, tried to do it, anon... just can't motivate myself.
>>
>>49226627
>Personally, I'd run Slann + Skink Starseer + Eternal Warden + 60 Saurus Guard. Just hope I can hold off the enemy with 1+/2+ Saurus Guard.

Yeah nah you're a fucking piece of shit
>>
>>49224085
>9d6 shots when you can just choose 6d3 automatic mortal wounds
>or the shock gauntlets to explode everything
>or doomflayers to take down big monster-things

Just use ratlings as weapon teams instead for the +1 bonus when you get closer
>>
>>49226970
Like fuck I'd even do it anon. I was just spitballing because my motivation has been crushed. Don't bully.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 800x587px
>>49227015

>taking 3 shock gauntlets or warp fire throwers

I have ceased to feel bad about shooting entire units of stormfiends off the board before they get to do anything
>>
>>49227221
I personally use warpfire throwers only when I'm playing against Seraphon or le ebin 2++ rend -1 ignoring Treelord Ancients.
Shock Gauntlets aren't that cheesy, come on
Still, Doomflayers are GOAT
>>
>>49222437
Pot, meet kettle
>>
>>49227452
Shock Gauntelts get really silly when you give them the Warlord +1 to hit buff along with the Packmaster +1 to hit. Every 4, 5 and 6 you roll will explode into 1d6 hits.
>>
File: bronbrindal.jpg (36KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
bronbrindal.jpg
36KB, 600x620px
Hey I'm planning to use Grombrindal the white dwarf today against a friend, but he has no point cost. Is there anywhere the point cost for him, or has people proposed one?
>>
>>49228261
please?
>>
>>49228494
>>49228261
He hasn't got one, making him illegal for points games.

If you really want to field him, I'd recommend you two agree on a cost, otherwise you're out of luck.
>>
>>49228536
thanks!
>>
File: stop.jpg (1MB, 1984x2088px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
1MB, 1984x2088px
Mfw the only AoS-friendly LGS in my area is now closed for good - just few days before my first minis and stuff arive
>>
>>49222427
Is this Bretonian Knight the Lord of Manlets?
>>
To whoever uploaded the three newest books as high quality PDF files, you are amazing.
>>
>>49228956

>5'9 vs 6'0

Alternatively

>glorious Nordic master race versus plebeian Frankish midget

thats a chaos lord and he's literally like 8 feet tall
>>
>>49228908
Wouldn't another store want their business by then since it closed, so you'd still be able to find a game?
>>
>>49229664
This store was a branch of main store in "nearby" city. By nearby I mean something like 2-3h away. As I said - this was the only one where staff wanted to make an AoS group. Other LGSs are all into WH40K and 9e
>>
holy cow I just noticed Stromfiends still have the moulder keyword, that's insane!
>>
File: 1471619047114.jpg (427KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471619047114.jpg
427KB, 800x800px
>friend 1 calls me up, wants to play AoS with me and friend 2,
>fuckyes.jpeg
>1000 point free-for-all because we're just starting out and its for fun
>me and friend 2 show up at friend 1's house with StormCast and DeathRattle
>friend 1 running Free-Guild with 60 hand gunners and shit loads of xbow's
>Sigmarines and Skeley bro's gunned down in droves before a never ending volley of gunfire
>mfw

I've heard complaints about it before but holy fuck, I don't think I could have been more under-prepared for that. Only thing that survived was my griff-hound because my skeley bro who teamed up with me to fight the free guild menace stabbed me in the back.
Never trust the bad time bone men.
>>
>>49229309
Probably more than 8 feet. Bretonnian nobles are fairly stronk and tall themselves compared to normal men.
>>
>>49229963
Add more terrain piece to the board.
>>
>>49229963

Buy two boxes of Dracothian guard and a lord Castellant

Make 4 fulminators and give them a 1+ save against shooting

battleshock one unit off the table per turn
>>
>>49228908
Maybe if you bought your stuff from the store instead of the inter webs they would still be open
>>
>>49230887
Oh burn.

Seriously, fuck anyone who buys online rather than their LGS. Cheap bastards.
>>
Is this worth it to try out AOS? I'd like to try it with some friends, none of whom play it.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Storm-of-Sigmar-ENG
>>
>>49232137
It's good for people to get a grasp of the basics of playing the game, but you're not going to get the 'full' AoS experience. It's also to help others kickstart or fill out their bloodbound/eternals collections.
>>
>>49232279
So I'd need to get the massive $200 AUD one to get the full experience?
>>
>>49232390
Not necessarily. The 'full' experience would be after all players have collected and built their own armies and brought them to battle.
>>
>>49232455
I would say that is becoming about the 1000 point level. Really you want things like experiencing the synergy between heroes and units, and a variety of different unit types, like artilleries and behemoths.

That little box game is just 2 little units per player, nothing more. Again, it's decent for teaching the basics of how to play, but nothing more.
>>
>>49214977
>>49214998
>>49215013
I love your stuff dude!
>>
>>49228261
ive heard people would consider him over 200 points easily
>>
File: 14733163653821050153785.jpg (3MB, 5312x2992px) Image search: [Google]
14733163653821050153785.jpg
3MB, 5312x2992px
I make my orcs with a little less Daka and a bit more swobu.

Will post better pics tomorrow
>>
>>49231820
I have to get bretonnians out of eBay, so fuck you too.
>>
>>49236091
Zug zug!
>>
>>49229963
Come to Slaanesh

Our cookies may taste funny, but we have 31" charge range... on average.
>>
>>49212365
In my experience, the Trolls' regen isn't that bad because you ALWAYS roll that 1 when you really need the heal.
>>
>>49227452
>le ebin 2++ rend -1 ignoring Treelord Ancients.

Call me crazy but I prefer the gift of Ghyran by a lot instead of the ignore -1 rend. Regenerating 1d3 wounds each hero phase is invaluable against mortal wounds and if you want to resist rend just cast a magic shield on him for a 1+ save.
>>
File: 27zlt28.jpg (30KB, 351x315px) Image search: [Google]
27zlt28.jpg
30KB, 351x315px
>>49236091
>>49236498

OG Warcraft:O&H Orcs = Best Orcs
>>
Anyone got the source to that thing awhile ago that told us AoS was 35% of the sales? Some Fantasy guys are doing the whole "PROOF PROOF!"
>>
>>49241490
>AoS was 35% of the sales?

No, but AoS do outsell whfb.
>>
File: aos_is_a_failure.jpg (28KB, 1143x128px) Image search: [Google]
aos_is_a_failure.jpg
28KB, 1143x128px
>>49241490
>>
File: 3.jpg (16KB, 298x279px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
16KB, 298x279px
>Need ONE of Archaon's Daemon heads from his beast for a conversion
>Not a single place online is selling any of his bitz apart from a few bits of torso on ebay

I am seriously mulling over spending £80 on a model to take one bit from it.

I'm wondering If I would be able to split the rest of the damn thing up and sell it to make my money back
>>
File: AoS sales vs WHFB sales.png (339KB, 542x754px) Image search: [Google]
AoS sales vs WHFB sales.png
339KB, 542x754px
>>49241490
Fait.
>>
>>49243257
Cheers blud
>>
>>49243257
>'very solid sources'
>Comes from a blog

According to my very solid sources, AoS will have its own End Times, Sigmar will be revealed as trans, the Emperor will be gay and 40k will be rebooted into Fantasylite.
>>
>>49243688
>Guy still mad AoS isn't Paints tier.

Go back to /v/.
>>
>>49221653
According to GW, AoS is 35% of their sales, as opposed to the like 5-3% Fantasy Battles had
>>
>>49223273
Dark Elf sorceress, high elf archmage, that dark eldar poison chick.
>>
>>49243887
To be honest they count the WHFB panic buys into that when they squatted most models.

it should also be considered that Fantasy got barely any releases before end times for long time
>>
File: aos_is_dead.jpg (376KB, 1599x815px) Image search: [Google]
aos_is_dead.jpg
376KB, 1599x815px
>>49244096
Oh of course. I mean when the dust settles the game will be exposed as its failure and die, right? right?
>>
>>49232137
Good for trying out and a nice little addon if you get the full set aswell. Pretty good price for it.
>>
>>49244162
well, according to polls on dakkadakka, the results seem to indicate that not very many gaming stores seem to play Age of Sigmar

but I've also heard that its played quite a bit in the GW owned stores
>>
>>49244729
It is all they play in my store
>>
File: DSC_0051.jpg (4MB, 5312x2992px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0051.jpg
4MB, 5312x2992px
>>49236091
Better pic
>>
>>49244823
Zug Zug
>>
>>49244729
At local GS, there is not fantasy or 9th, only AoS
>>
>>49244162
GW games don't die. They just slowly decent through layers upon layers of horribleness.
>>
File: 1473369291672-1515893085.jpg (3MB, 5312x2992px) Image search: [Google]
1473369291672-1515893085.jpg
3MB, 5312x2992px
Blended back the light green a bit, so it doesn't look like shit
>>
>>49244847
Lok'tar ogar!
>>
File: slaves to darkness.jpg (602KB, 1411x924px) Image search: [Google]
slaves to darkness.jpg
602KB, 1411x924px
Posted this in WIP the other day, thought I'd share it here too. I've done a bit more work on the sorcerer since, specifically the eye in his staff but haven't taken any pics of it yet.
>>
How are lizardmen in AoS with this new updated rulebook?, I keep eyeing them and was always a fan of dinosaurs. Also is it just me or are undead armies never painted.
>>
>>49245370
They're good.
>>
>>49245370
They went from "OMG HE SUMMONS AN ENTIRE ARMY EVERY TURN WITHOUT PENALTIES" to "a challenge to play against because summoning is still good, but not too good."
>>
>>49243257
and yet they still drooped in revenue in the last conference call despite some very profitable licensing royalties (tw:wh) so either this is bullshit or 40k is tanking fast
>>
>>49244729
Didn't GW like try to sue Dakkadakka a few years ago or something?
Things like that tend to engender a biased userbase.
>>
>>49246010
>or 40k is tanking fast
Would that be really so hard to believe? With how shit the meta is getting with no signs of improvement, I don't see 40k as a growing game.
>>
>>49207300
>Bloodstoker
>Bloodsecrator
>Slaughterpriest
>- Bloodbathed Axe
>Bloodreavers
>- Reaver Blades
>Blood Warriors
>- Goreaxes
>Blood Warriors
>- Goreaxe & Gorefist
>Mighty Skullcrushers

You just can't make this shit up. Why can't we have non-edgy teen names?
>>
God damn it /wfg/ is a bleak and dull place.
>>
>>49246643
blame DE
>>
>>49246622
why don't you give us some non-edgy names for the servants of the god of killing, anger, and more killing
>>
>>49246849
From less to more important:
Barbarians
Reavers
Khornate Warriors
Chosen of Khorne
Champion of Khorne
Lord of Skulls

Considering this guy's motto is "skulls for his throne of skulls" you can obviously allow for some cheesiness, but... Mighty Skullcrushers? What's the need for "mighty"? And why put "blood" or "gore" in front of not only most units, but also in their abilities and weapons?

You never go full retard, and in this regard AoS is going full steam ahead.
>>
>>49246831
Blame dark elves?
>>
>>49244729

Considering that GW stores straight up dictate what is allowed to be played in them that's no real surprise.

They will have campaigns and stuff that they have to report numbers back to HQ about.
>>
>>49247055

Fun fact, I literally just drop the adjective from all my Bloodbound stuff when I refer to it

It literally just sounds like what you described

Reavers

Warriors

Skullcrushers

Mighty Lord

Priest

Flag guy

Whippie
>>
>>49245921
You also now don't feel like you've lost 90â„… of your power if you don't run a slaan for summoning.
Just being fairly tough, and having respectable mobility from the war drums makes them pretty good.
>>
>>49246643
because whfb is dead?
>>
AOS general I need advice, what the hell I am going to base these spooks with? Greys, browns, orange? I have to get it done this week as there is an event next weekend for 1000pt battles.
>>
>>49251377
Use nurgles rot to create a really swampy base, with browns, and reeds.
>>
>>49251531
oh snap I never thought about nurgles rot, I have been put off by water effects effort wise but rot is piss easy to work with!
>>
File: cp.jpg (94KB, 736x956px) Image search: [Google]
cp.jpg
94KB, 736x956px
What are the best spells/buffs to use on the big nig here?

Best Stormcast army to take with him?
>>
>>49251377
I second rotten browns and swampy look.

Like Draenor, from Warcraft 2.
>>
For warscroll battalions can you only take one? Even if you meet the requirements for two? Ex: battalion 1 requires 10 liberators, battalion 2 requires 10 judicators. If I possess both units do I have to select one or the other?
>>
>>49252595
A single unit cannot share batalions if that's what you are wondering. So one unit of judicators cannot be considered part of 2 separate batallions.

But units in battalions are considered part of your minimum/maximum requirements for your points limit.
>>
>>49252209

Any AOE +1 to hit buff makes him absurd. He combos well with a hurricanum (what doesn't?) as it + his shooting will soften up a target enough for him to finish anything.

He fits into most Stormcast armies well as your turn 3 surprise attack as most matched play games will go to turn 5
>>
>>49248305
But that is not their name anon. It's like saying "Smurfs" when playing Ultramarines.

Also, Mighty Lord? Do you really need the mighty? Does it arouse you?
>>
>>49253534

...obviously I'm referring to my own colloquial usage of the terms. Is English not your first language?

And yes Mighty Lord as opposed to the General Chaos Lord (of khorne) that I sometimes use or the Khorne Lord (on juggernaut)

Those are three guys with really similar names and he needed something to stand out
>>
File: Autism.jpg (50KB, 471x629px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
50KB, 471x629px
>>49243257

>Taking Fait seriously

I remember before Age of Sigmar Fait published some guys totally inaccurate and random rumors about 9th edition including the rumor that the Orcs + Goblins would be getting a priest caste called the "Nigmos".

The only time you trust Fait is if he has some sort of proof that he can demonstrate, because anything else is going to be total bullshit.
>>
>>49254490
>The only time you trust

Speak about rumormongers, I trust Sadpanda and Atia only, both have good records. Hasting is OK, but he lost some credibility to claim that AoS is tanking. However, the financial report said that AoS>WHFB for several years.
>>
>>49253575
And I am saying that if you need to modify the names when you say them aloud so as not to look retarded, there is a problem with the names.

And if you have 3 different units with the same name, perhaps even more reason to rethink your naming conventions.

Perhaps one could be an overseer, another a lord, and the most powerful an ascended? Son of khorne?
>>
File: 1306299136560.jpg (57KB, 355x400px) Image search: [Google]
1306299136560.jpg
57KB, 355x400px
>>49243232

I know this feel

>looking around for the general bits from the empire griffon kit
>can't find it and thinking of just buying the whole kit to get it
>>
File: tg1.jpg (356KB, 2048x1153px) Image search: [Google]
tg1.jpg
356KB, 2048x1153px
Hi guys! i'm an old fantasy player that's going deep into Age of Sigmar (and having great fun with it right now).

I was looking for some advices into how expand my starting Death army.

Right now I have pic, those are just over 1000 points (I play all of them except the necromancer for 960 points). I have in the oven another 20 zombies, 10 skeletons and 5 black knight that i'm still painting but I wanted to add some more "punch" to the list for bigger games.

I am torned between morghast and blood knights (aka kitbashing from dragonblades). What do you guys suggest?
>>
>>49255994
What about the starter boxes, or do you have enough of all those units? Skeletons get some pretty good bonuses from being a enormous units IIRC
>>
Is there any validity to the rumor that Tzeentch will be getting some new models soon?
also, could I run a chaos army of slaves of darkness + daemons?
since I assume the former is undivided chaos
>>
>>49254490
Fait is nothing but a news feed, all he does is get hundreds of people contacting him and he chooses the circulate the ones that he believes to be relevant.

He used to have a couple solid sources, I remember being a few months ahead of GW accurately throughout 5th edition for 40k due to those but lately its been pretty bad, not Bols bad but still...
>>
>>49256627
Slaves to Darkness can be marked with a god mark, gives them X god as a keyword
>>
>>49256749
okay cool, I wanted a Tzeentch army so I was worried that all they gave us was Khorne
>>
>>49256376
I will surely get a box of skellingtons with the monarch, yet I would like some heavy hitting monster first!!
>>
>>49255994
For 2k you probably will want a theme; a lot of what you've got in pic related it have as well. So if you want a starting point i can post mine

3x 10 Zombies for 180 is amazing
>>
>>49257112
The mortarch IS a heavy hitting monster
>>
>>49257112
Yeah, the Skeleton Horde with Mannfred as the Mortarch you build packs quite a punch. It's definitively a alternative to consider.
>>
Wondering if I should convert the Chaos Warshrine or just find an alternative.

Also, did GW stop selling Forsaken? I'm kind of disappointed.
>>
>>49257688
Forsaken are in the Compendium, meaning they are the one of the squat-ish unit that didn't make it into "modern" AoS.
>>
>>49246622

Nah that would alienate the targeted customer-base
>>
>>49246364

Exactly. By the latest reports Age of Sigmar has already overtaken 40k in sales. Not a surprise at all desu.
>>
>>49257852

I wanted to grab some of their models to use in converting up less shitty 40k possessed. I guess i'll have to hunt on eBay.
>>
>>49257340
Sure is, but I wanted an heavy hitting UNIT, I find it more thematic, feeling more like an army and less like just a gallery of strong models.

>>49257204
Surely, I love to play fluff. Too bad that I do not like the ghouls models, so I'm going more for an old stile horror monster vibe, the one that you want with a classic full moon background. I'm still torned if some black guard would be good.

About zombies I still NEVER used them. i mean, I have played them but they always had been just objective campers that never trew a single dice.
>>
File: 1431829631347.jpg (28KB, 278x417px) Image search: [Google]
1431829631347.jpg
28KB, 278x417px
>>49257965
>wanting possessed in 40k
>>
>>49257967
>I do not like the ghouls models,
I actaully prefer them to GW's zombie since they look like shit
I almost went to another company, but i'd figure i'll attempt to convert them

>Old Horror
Well theres Arkhan + Morgheists if you want spoopy skellingtons
>>
>>49258013

I've always liked the idea of possessed and they have a new formation that makes them slightly less terrible. Worse comes to worse i'll run them as Gal Vorbak in 30k.
>>
>>49258039
Just buy the Gal Vorbak. Those models are amazing. They cost, but they are worth it.

Also formations did not solve anything.
They are still garbage and they will remain garbage.

They can make it with FnP and Zealot, they can make it with all the 3 bonus at once or with Rendin, W5 and I5. Still a terrible unit because they simply can't get into melee with only 1 wound.
>>
>>49258097

I actually don't like most of the Gal Vorbak models and I don't enjoy working with resin when I'm looking to convert and personalize models.

I'm not looking to win, I'm looking to make an army of possessed and daemons and cultists to chew up as fodder. Its purely for theme and models I like. Going to run them against my buddy's all-Terminator Grey Knights army.
>>
File: IMG_0120.jpg (137KB, 847x635px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0120.jpg
137KB, 847x635px
Think i painted the Vargoyle wrong, in ignorance since i wanted to see what layering white looks like.
But i feel the lesser Vargheist makes up for it a bit

Thoughts anons?
>>
>>49219156
These guys do more damage than most 300 point monsters, and are 18 wounds total.

All of their shooting weapons are great in their own way - Ratling cannons 3d6 shots shred common infantry; the Wildlaunchers are good because they are Rend -2 (which is great because there are so many "ignore Rend -1" effects); Warpfire Projector is guaranteed damage, which is incredibly powerful.

At 100 points per model they are one of the most cost effective unit in the game, and that's before you consider any synergy with other units or battalions. They should cost 400, maybe even 450.
>>
>>49258305

GW can't stop sucking rat cock. Its their second biggest Fantasy boner, after Khorne and Nurgle.
>>
>>49252667
That much I've understood, what I meant is if I can receive the benefits of both if meet the requirements of them.

Battalion 1: 10 liberators, 3 prosecutors

Battalion 2: 10 liberators, 10 judicators

If my army is 20 liberators, 10 judicators and 3 prosecutors can I choose both battalions?
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 515x496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 515x496px
>>49258305

>wipe out an entire unit of stormfiends per turn via shooting and magic

>absolutely no remorse for those rat bastards

>>49258447

Yes you can definitely take more than one battalion per army
>>
>>49258447
Provided those 20 liberators are in two separate units, you can take both. Battalions don't reference the number of models in a unit, just the number of units.
>>
>>49258473
>>49258479
OK awesome, that's good to know. Now I just need a stormcast battalion that allows me to lightning strike two units and I'll have a 1500 pt army with some solutions to its spees
>>
what's the difference between a battletome and the grand alliance books?
they both seem to contain rules, are the battletomes just loaded with fluff or something?
>>
>>49258305
>All of their shooting weapons are great in their own way

The warpfire averages 4 wounds per model while the ratling cannons average only 2.625 with only a 4" difference in range. The ratling cannons would need to hit on 2+ to average more than the warpfire at 4.375 wounds per model, but it would still have only -1 rend to the warfire projectors’ mortal wounds.
>>
File: iwhyDZZ.png (215KB, 624x861px) Image search: [Google]
iwhyDZZ.png
215KB, 624x861px
>Have to do an whattup group for local AoS players.
>Need a funny AoS related pic.

Show me what you got.
>>
File: image.jpg (217KB, 736x988px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217KB, 736x988px
>>49258980

The best
>>
>>49258269
In my opinion those are awesome. They remember me of the old films about vampires. Great paint job
>>
>>49221024
>niggers
>in my WHFB
>>
File: th-thanks.jpg (9KB, 382x284px) Image search: [Google]
th-thanks.jpg
9KB, 382x284px
>>49259294
>>
thinking of using Althran Stormrider’s Host, since I have the minis and want to try AoS for the first time. Is it possible to build a 1000pts army from that?
>>
>>49259663

Island of Blood elves right? No points for that battalion and the figs add up to 820pts. So a no-go for the battalion in matched. But you could use it in a friendly game.
>>
>>49258269
They look good.
I'd give the black hair some highlights or drybrushing though. Looks unfinished right now.
>>
File: 1450979923306.jpg (286KB, 555x828px) Image search: [Google]
1450979923306.jpg
286KB, 555x828px
Where my /bloodbound/ at?

How many Bloodsecratorsdo you run?
I'm thinking 2 at least. They are just too good not to take advantage of.
Also do you include Daemons or only Mortals?
Was thinking about a Warband of lunatic Skarbrand worshippers with lots of Bloodletter support since I have so many from 40k anyway. They seem quite potent if you spam them in big units supported by Heralds and Bloodsecrators?

Also why is Skarbrand so cool?
>>
>>49260756
So just the tips?
Or a line highlight, holding the model at a 45 degree angle?
>>
>>49260856
>Also why is Skarbrand so cool?
Because an almost guaranteed 8 mortal wounds on the charge is a glorious glorious thing...
>>
>>49261092
Get fucked Celestant Prime.
>>
>>49260856

The main advantage of Bloodbound is the Bloodsecrator and Bloodstoker, the rest is merely convenient. Personally I prefer to run Gors instead of Blood Reavers, and Blood Warriors are decent but I like the resilience of Chaos Warriors with shields and Khorne marks.

Daemons? Yes, always. The Bloodsecrator makes Bloodletters actually good, and any of the Bloodthirster variants benefit from having Bloodbound support, especially the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster. I run one with a Bloodstoker glued to its ass. Having a Bloodsecrator, Skarbrand and a wingman Bloodthirster to back him up is expensive but also hell on wheels.

Also, consider a Warshrine if you're going to use any modest amount of Mortal units along side your daemons. I definitely wood, Bloodletters could use some meatbags to screen them while they get into position. Consider skull cannons and skull grinders as well.
>>
>>49260856
>They seem quite potent if you spam them in big units supported by Heralds and Bloodsecrators?

Bloodletters with 3-4 Attacks that hit&wound on 3's, re-roll 1's and inflict Mortal Wounds on 6's to hit are craycray.
>>
>>49261092
If he gets more attacks with Carnage, can he instagib additional models?
>>
If I wanted some chaff in my Slaves to Darkness force but despise the ancient Marauders models, would Ungors work as a substitute?

Really just looking for something to throw at certain things to slow them down a bit, and I quite like the models.
>>
>>49261461
Skaven are Chaos now. Their battleline trrops are nothing but chaff.
>>
>>49261461

Gors are better as chaff. Fast, a little more durable, can actually attack semi-decently. Beastlords are cheap and good damage deals or duelists, run one behind a blob of 20 or two units of 10.
>>
>>49246643
more like Warhammer Fanfiction Battles General.
Seriously.
Endhammer is attempting to fix the damage Endtimes did, by being even worse and more divisive. I don't understand how people can bicker that much about fanfiction. Like just make up your own and keep it to yourself if you can't handle criticism.
>>
>>49246622
Because the Khorne is famous for his subtlety, if nothing else.
>>
>>49261584
>>49261613
The only Skaven mook models I like are the Plague Monks, and I prefer to go for a more Chaos Undivided theme rather than having large blocks of troops dedicated to Nurgle.

The Gors look good, does anyone know how they scale with Chaos Warriors?
>>
>>49262582

Gors are the same height as Chaos Warriors, but look slimmer thanks to the warrior's armor and cape.
>>
>>49262678
Alright, sweet, I think I have a box of Gors lying around somewhere in the pile of shame anyway, I'll give it a go. Thanks anons.
>>
>>49258647
Grand Alliance books are only rules for every faction (and are already dated since the latest battletomes updated rules for the respective factions and added stuff here and there).

Battletomes have lore, multiple battalions, battleplans and the latest ones (Sylvaneth, Bonesplitterz and Beastclaw Raiders) also introduce faction-specific traits and artifacts.
>>
>>49261868
>Endhammer is attempting to fix the damage Endtimes did, by being even worse and more divisive

Just went over there and had a look, christ some of that stuff is dumb.
>>
>>49246010
Dropping in revenue is a standard practice really. Surprisingly enough GW spends fucking bucketloads in new R&D costs because new master molds and machines constantly.

it's why GW plastic is second only to Gundam shit.

And Gundam shit is literally four times the cost to produce.
>>
>>49262998
>Running into the exact problem I outlined constantly for them

WHFB was a stagnant setting because any dramatic change for one faction causes the other factions grief.

It's like mr burns and his diseases.
>>
File: 1460117242403.jpg (665KB, 1240x1748px) Image search: [Google]
1460117242403.jpg
665KB, 1240x1748px
Why AoS generals are so slow lately?
>>
File: image.gif (26KB, 200x239px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
26KB, 200x239px
>>49263856
No new releases for a while after constant new releases
>>
>>49263856
attending an event next weekend anon, will post lost of army and battle pics!
>>
>>49264279
I hope so. I'm still waiting for my fuckin delivery so other people pics are my only AoS related entertainment for now
>>
Should I play Skaven or Goblins?
>>
File: image.jpg (360KB, 755x1039px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
360KB, 755x1039px
>>49268181
You know what you must play
>>
>>49268181
Which clan of Skaven are you interested in? What type of Goblins are you interested in?
>>
>>49243232

What piece you need man? I managed to score the three heads from ebay and only wanted the Nurgle one. If you want Khorne or Tzeentch I might be able to help you out.
>>
File: the-warlords.jpg (329KB, 1700x947px) Image search: [Google]
the-warlords.jpg
329KB, 1700x947px
1. Will AoS be featured in the Warlord livestream?

2. How do they even livestream on FB? Or am I just reading it wrong?
>>
>>49270072
1. Of course, it's an AoS event after all.
>>
New thread
>>49271296
>>49271296
>>49271296
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.