[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only person that thinks to have a strength score exceeding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1368073071729.jpg (1MB, 2211x2699px) Image search: [Google]
1368073071729.jpg
1MB, 2211x2699px
Am I the only person that thinks to have a strength score exceeding 14 or so, you should also be required to have a wisdom of at least over 12.

The sheer willpower it takes to gain a 17-18 strength (barring that of perhaps a slave who is ripped because they will die if they are not) would require you to have excellent willpower.

The same could be argued with some of the other stats, though not as clearly, since strength is the easiest stat to improve IRL.

Discuss?
>>
>>49203937
No that's dumb.
>>
>>49203937
>Am I the only person who wants needless additional complexity?
Sadly no.
>>
>>49203937
Nah, that's bullshit. All of it, frankly. For a professional warrior of any description fitness to do your job is a necessity. If you fight monsters for a living you bet you do your workouts, willpower be damned. Furthermore, all physical stats would require extra training if somehow our character was a worthless neet before they picked up adventuring, not just strength.

Genetics, upbringing and lifestyle etc all play a part in deciding your body type.
>>
>>49203937
By that logic it shouldn't be possible to be very strong without being very enduring, since stamina is a necessary component of the level of physical activity required to hit 17-18 Strength.

Or you could just not play D&D.
>>
>>49203937

You've already pointed out that there are exceptions, and slaves aren't the only ones. Not all characters are even human and those could have naturally higher strength.
>>
>>49203937
I agree. Making a proper regime to achieve and maintain that level of gainz in an era without the diets of today, and to maintain gainz in a cardio-heavy job would need high wisdom.
>>
>>49204038
I think he assumed we were talking humans. Since who the fuck knows how monster anatomy works.
>>
>>49204058

Given a fantasy world with a completely different foundation to its reality, whose to say humans work in the same way either? We make broad assumptions for ease and simplicity, but when realism conflicts with the intended heroic fantasy tone of games like D&D, it always seems more logical to me to assume that things work differently there, rather than trying to apply real world logic to situations where the system/setting itself draws out rather different answers.
>>
>>49204001
Yeah... and if you are a human professional warrior of any description with a strength score of 18, you worked REALLY fucking hard for it. 18 strength is like Olympian power-lifter. You obviously needed some willpower to get to that point, and to make sure to feed yourself properly enough. If you don't take care of yourself you can't get that strong, you just plateau. And like >>49204043 said, you need to plan nutrition on a non-modern budget and limitations.

>>49204038
I meant human sorry. And even slaves probably didn't get 18 stronk in real life unless massa was feeding them the good stuff and allowing them time to TRAIN.

I totally understand all of you saying its unnecessary realism and additional shit the game doesn't need. That point I will 100% agree to. But anyone saying you don't need willpower to reach 18 strength is in fucking denial.
>>
I've always said that 18 WIS or INT characters paired with an 8 of the opposite slot are fucking retarded as well. Who is 18 INT smart but has NO willpower? No one.
>>
File: 1421697479304.jpg (10KB, 256x302px) Image search: [Google]
1421697479304.jpg
10KB, 256x302px
>>49204302
>Who is 18 INT smart but has NO willpower?
8 doesn't mean no willpower whatsoever, just that they're below the average compared to someone with a WIS of 10-11.

And you'd be surprised how many people who are incredibly educated either have shitty common-sense or are addicted to some kind amphetamine. High-INT/Low-WIS isn't as far-fetched as you'd imagine.
>>
>>49204389
What about 18 WIS but 8 INT?
>>
File: 1468021005673.jpg (8KB, 161x271px) Image search: [Google]
1468021005673.jpg
8KB, 161x271px
>>49204504
Your dad who grew up poor and with little in the way of a formal education but got a decent enough job doing manual labour, and always knows what advice to give you and how to cheer you up when you're feeling blue.
>>
>>49204504
Eagle-eyed, iron-willed retard.
>>
>>49204162
>>49203937

Here's the thing: you're talking about ONE aspect of Wisdom. Wisdom is not simply willpower, it's other things on top of that: common sense, perceptions, instincts, and certain kinds of knowledge.

I don't think it's reasonable to argue that because of a single aspect of that stat, the entire stat needs to be high.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.