[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is your experience with GMing on roll20? Due to changes in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Roll20.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Roll20.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
How is your experience with GMing on roll20? Due to changes in schedule my group has ended its roleplaying days and I'm having issues finding people near me to play with. I've played on roll20 a bit, but those games always seemed to end prematurely for one reason or another. What issues have you guys had with the site?
>>
DM my campaign https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/56212/storm-kings-thunder-need-dm
>>
The worst part about the site is the small time it takes to switch songs or to switch maps or the other little things. It always put my players out of the zone of the game for that brief second and I feel like it ends up changing the mood of the game slightly.
>>
I feel that hardest part is to feel out the group and get over that first session awkwardness; it's easier for some groups than others.
>>
Ya the first session is always the hardest. I played a game where we had 8 players to start with. Half of them didn't agree with each on what to do about a few of the bad guys who had us prisoner. We ended up killing the bad guys and half of our players left the next session...
>>
I think session 0's are the best way to deal with awkwardness. I don't believe in just going into the 1st session without all the players meeting each other first.
>>
>>49191192
Those seem like just bad players to just quit a game like that it would have been cooler if they formed factions within the group.

This also brings up another problem: lack of a feeling of attachment to a game. Since it's played online it's easier to abandon a game since you don't ever have to see or play with that group again.
>>
True. I'v played to many games where players just leave without saying anything to the DM...
>>
The only way to keep people attached is to make sure everyone is having fun.
>>
>>49191515
'STROOTH
Seriously, just make it fun for everyone, as much as you can.
>>
Rate my game
https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1244012/grimwyrd
>>
With people you know, it is fine. With random people from the internet, it can be unreliable especially if you play only with text and don't interview people.
>>
>>49191956
>Not authorized
>>
>>49190856
I'll DM if I can fuck you or your girlfriend. I'm not picky, you guys can decide who.
>>
>>49190825
Overall the system is fine, though trying to go through the built in LFG tends to be a clusterfuck.
You've got groups of players who make a game they want to dictate the GM to run, you get lazy people who don't show up for the games they try to sign up for, and applicants who either don't try to make an application or sign up for everything and just fill up the forums.

Overall nice tool, horrible community.
>>
In the 7th month of a campaign I've been running weekly. Originally was meant to be a one shot with folks from other games I played weekly.
Had two players flake out because muh soggy knees (Bizarrely it was 2 month in and we had 7 players).
If you can trawl through the shit, you can find some good folks.
>>
>>49197081
That's how I feel.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>49196634
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.