[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General- Techo Viking Ain't Got Shit On Me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 55

File: Techno Conan.jpg (401KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Techno Conan.jpg
401KB, 900x1200px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Public Grid...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>49125571
>Disassemblers_vs_Dog_Shaman.trid
>Roof_Over_Your_Head.sim
>Who_To_Pay_Off_This_Month.pdf
> Bot'Kham_Smuggling_Routes.ar

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 768 (43% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Lake Acids Coming South, GET OUT NOW'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Gangbag.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

So what's your gangland like? I imagine a lot of you live in Low neighbourhoods, where you get to see the best and toughest thugs on the streets. Even Middle neighbourhoods are gang territory, though the gang is as likely to have a badge as not. What sort of unique, kickass bosses, thrillgangs, and crews have you run into?
>>
How do you make a good archer in 5e?
>>
File: 1437956520712.jpg (188KB, 561x950px) Image search: [Google]
1437956520712.jpg
188KB, 561x950px
>>49149414
Either bigass cyberarms and a static bow, or adept powers and that dynamic bow. You need to put a lot of points into it to compete with guns. Get that pistol crossbow from R&G with injection bolts or shock heads/static shafts for a surprisingly efficient concealable weapon.

Normal arrowheads are trash, and monotip are a trap. Get barbed if you absolutely need a quiet option, hammerheads for non-lethal but explosive will be your bread and butter (and there's an accuracy penalty with them, hence needing a shitton of dice). Incendiary are neat for when you want to firebomb people from a couple hundred meters away in stealth, but not worth getting more than a dozen for special occasions (and some for the pistol crossbow). Seeker shafts are also useful, if expensive- get a couple with barbed or hammerheads for when you absolutely need to snipe someone.
>>
>>49149641
I'm not seeing the dynamic bow?
>>
File: 1439058766625.jpg (601KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1439058766625.jpg
601KB, 1500x1100px
>>49149414
>>49149641
By 'bigass cyberarms or adept powers' I mean STR 10 is the minimum you should consider. With explosive heads you can hit like a sniper rifle (with 14P -4AP), but less than that's not worth it.

>>49149667
It's in Hard Targets.
>>
Do weapon/armor mods even exist in 5e? Is it all just accesories?
>>
File: you done fucked up now.png (172KB, 435x301px) Image search: [Google]
you done fucked up now.png
172KB, 435x301px
>yfw the GM gives the BBEG Monofilimant Whips
>>
>>49149057
>So what's your gangland like?

Cybercriminals,man. I'm holed up in the basement of my buddy's electronics boutique, so every bar in the district's a hacker bar. Bunch of gangs run their comms through the little anonymous mesh network we got set up here and they're smart enough not to ruin a good thing by fucking with us. We'll even throw a little free BTL their way (because seriously, who knows optimizing simsense channels at BTL-levels better than us, you feel me?) to cause enough trouble to keep the cops too busy dealing with them to realize we even exist.
>>
File: whipwaves.jpg (39KB, 1002x356px) Image search: [Google]
whipwaves.jpg
39KB, 1002x356px
>>49149857
Of course they do. There's tons in R&G, and more elsewhere.

>>49150083
I've always wondered what would happen if someone were to turn on a powerful magnet while someone is whipping around a monofilament whip.
>>
hey /srg/
what are the 5 most action movie weapons out there

I want to make a Horizon series of weapons. Each has a trideo capture device standard that connects with a eyeware device and will record whatever the user is looking at. I'm thinking some kind of 9mm, an assualt rifle, a rpg, a sniper rifle, and a big sword.

all should come with extended mags (movies don't reload) and low recoil (shaky cam is passe) but lower damage and accuracy.
>>
Given that you can have a grappling gun built into a cyberarm, could you get a smuggling compartment in the same arm and argue the two are connected, so you could keep the rope internal too? Also, could you use the hand from the cyber arm as the grappling hook? Finally, could you fire a grappling gun at someone in combat and use it to yank them towards you?
>>
File: 10corp.jpg (252KB, 1000x619px) Image search: [Google]
10corp.jpg
252KB, 1000x619px
Is there any government left on earth that is able to stand up the corporate court? Or is it a corporate world government?

Are there any governments left that could, if not rival the corporate court, at least hold their own against them?
>>
File: 1438966826433.jpg (283KB, 1600x1411px) Image search: [Google]
1438966826433.jpg
283KB, 1600x1411px
>>49150427
There's literally a grapple hand in Chrome Flesh, senpai.
>>
>>49150500

Oh cool, I'll have to check that out.
>>
File: banks.jpg (82KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
banks.jpg
82KB, 1200x776px
>>49150480

Sioux Nation seems to have its shit together. What kind of adventures could you make with a Government on the rise? Like a government who started to be able to make their own terms and economic alliances outside of the corporations?
>>
File: Berlin.jpg (2MB, 3800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Berlin.jpg
2MB, 3800x1200px
>>49150480
There is no world government. The Corporate Court just streamlines international economics so the nuyen flows, and acts as a focus point to keep any mega from going nuclear on the others (like the Azzies tried to in nationalization).

>>49150539
The Sioux are a house of cards, rattling their sabers and standing against a threat 50 years dead. If you wanted to play Attempt At National Autonomy, look to the AGS. The new chancellor isn't a stooge of S-K like the last, she's openly said that she would like to distance the nation from corporate influence. The obvious types of runs are infostealing, misdirection and sabotage, working trenchcoat for one side or the other to quietly undermine resistance and gain key allies and informants.
>>
File: 1465477109406.png (49KB, 501x507px) Image search: [Google]
1465477109406.png
49KB, 501x507px
>>49150621
In addition to the first point about the CC, the major theme of Market Panic was the CC trying to stop playing UN and start playing commander. The new Matrix is under CC control, the Revision is supposed to put the scare into people, and they want to keep expanding the SIN Registry.

Meanwhile, the corps see what's going on, and while some smaller fish might appreciate it the big boys don't want their autonomy threatened. So they're working to support the CC in some ways, undermine it in others, and always keep one eye on everyone else to make sure they're not going to pull a fast one. There's the competing pulls of federalism and republicanism, ripping new tears in the fabric.
>>
Last thread got archived before I got an answer:

Is there any bioware that improves intuition? I made a face/melee adept and didn't realize how important intuition was for face stuff/astral perception.
>>
File: 1468289540781.jpg (312KB, 368x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468289540781.jpg
312KB, 368x500px
>>49151099
Genetic Optimization is the only one I know. Intuition and Charisma are difficult ones to raise with bioware.
>>
>>49148989
>>49151099
Cellebellum (SP) Booster in CF
>>
Are there any actually GOOD shadowrun wikis/SRDs?
>>
>>49148989
>>49149084
No need for a GM slap. Just point out that chargen has distinct steps. Everyone is aware that you can't put 5 points into your favourite attribute, then pick metatype. Or that taking Nuyen cost reduction qualities apply during chargen. Same thing. Purchasing gear does not come before metatype or qualities.
>>
Are any of the Shadowrun novels good?
>>
>>49151995
Yes. Just not the ones you can download.
>>
>>49152022
I'm actually looking to buy physical books anyway
>>
Is there a wax to "rig" ones own body ?
I mean that you would put implants inside you, immerse yourself in VR and then either have software move you along or control your body from VR.
It doesn't need to be in any way effective.
>>
>>49151263

Charisma is hard to raise with ware of any kind, unfortunately.

>>49151099

What do you need Intuition for in regards to face stuff? I know Perception is linked to it but that's more for everyone rather than face specific.
>>
>>49152133
Disguise, off the top of my head.
>>
>>49152104
You'd have to check 4e rules for biodrones I believe.
>>
>>49152406
There are biodrone rules in Howling Shadows, but I think they're explicitly called out as systems that don't work on metahumans.
>>
>>49152104
I see absolutely no proper fucking use of that and a very, very big drawback
>>
>>49152104
Tape your arms and legs to the limbs of a Juggernaut. Control that drone.
>>
>>49152573
I've got a weird NPC and it would hit, if he could do some work on the matrix while having his body do something useful.
>>
>>49150373

>I've always wondered what would happen if someone were to turn on a powerful magnet while someone is whipping around a monofilament whip.

I'm going to say... fun.
>>
>>49152755
>body do something useful

Like sit in a chair and stay healthy while drones do physical work?
>>
So, if you have Alchemy, and you enchant a bunch of, say, capsule-round load sizes amounts of water with X spell, and you fill capsule-rounds with them, and you full-auto a guy.

What happens?
>>
Are adepts always potentially slower than cyber for initiative? Since cyber can go up to a 5d6, whereas it seems like Adepts can only get to a 4d6, unless I'm reading wrong.
>>
>>49153599
Drugs make everyone equal.
Adepts have an easier time at Chargen hitting +2d6 initiative actually. Alphaware Wired Reflexes 2 are above 12R, you can still get Standard Synaptic Boosters 2 at chargen though.
>>
>>49153599
Adept can still take cyber, he just loses some magic/essence for it. So in theory adept can be faster than one that is just a mundy.

With that out of the way, a quick question:
When do people usually awaken? Are metahumans capable of wielding magic right from the get go or not? How about mentor spirits? I think they at least wouldn't usually pick infants under their tutelage but stuffs mystical n' shit so how the fuck should I know.
>>
>>49153737
Most people awaken in their teenage years. Kids and adults can awaken as well but its much more rare. Mentor Spirits can appear to people for all sorts of reasons. Their Totem can teach them magic from the start, or appear later to teach them how magic really works (trust me, I'm a spirit).
>>
>>49153816
So it's safe to assume that orks awaken faster due to maturing faster? They are already adults BEFORE they hit their teens.
Thanks for the quick reply Mr. Free Spirit.
>>
>>49153599
chrome cant hit 5d6b without drugs. whether drugs stack with increased reflexes is up to your gm.

adepts have a higher theoretical ceiling with adrenaline boost, or casting improved reflexes with adept spell

most of the time, mundanes are going to be sitting at 3d6 and bump it up with drugs, while adepts can sit at 4d6 all the time
>>
>>49153862
Thats a safe assumption. I always forget that Orks are technically adults by 10. Shits fucked.
>>
What are some things corporates would load a transhuman worker generation with?
Sleep regulators, expanded digestive systems, things that would make the new generation hardworking and cheap.
>>
This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way to actually combine martial arts moves?

Like, say, can you Iaijutsu into a Half-sworded Ballestra?
>>
An ork journo and his attorney friend just rented a red convertable GMC Phoenix in a quest to find the American Dream.
What drugs do they have in the trunk?
>>
>>49154185

All of them. All of the drugs.
>>
>>49154378
ALL of them?
>>
>>49154397

If you have to ask, you don't have enough drugs.
>>
>>49154437
Fair point.
>>
>>49154185
All the drugs. And then some.
>>
>>49154185
>2 bags of deepweed
>75 doses of psyche
>500 doses of zen
>Half a salt shaker of Novacoke
>One galaxy of crazy ass pharmaceuticals, long hall, cram, jazz bliss and much much more
>1 quart Orkstaff's XXX
>1 quart rum
>1 case beer

Also a pint of raw ether and two dozen poppers, but I have no idea what the equivalent of amyl nitrate is in shadowrun.

Basically, bring some chemicals to huff on.
>>
Speaking of drugs, remember kids that if you drink alcohol more than once within nine weeks, you risk addiction you fucking alcoholic!
>>
>>49150480
Of course nobody can stand up to the combined corporate court.

The UCAS, however, can stand up to most of the individual AAAs, and basically all of the megas AA and lower.

The AAAs aren't quite as utterly world-dominating as most people think. Ares, for example, makes up a majority of their income from military contracts with the UCAS and CAS - the UCAS is fundamentally bigger and more powerful than Ares is.

The power of the AAAs isn't necessarily the raw might that they hold - though, to be fair, smaller nations would definitely fare much worse than the UCAS - it's the control they have. The UCAS would never go to war with Ares - even if it could win - because Ares has the leaders of the UCAS so thoroughly bribed that it would simply never, ever happen.

The problem with the megas isn't that they're more powerful than any nation on earth - they're not.

The problem is that, collectively, the world's governments are in the pockets of the megas, because people can be bought.
>>
>>49155278
I'd like to throw in that Ares totally could win. IIRC, they have thor shot capabilities.
>>
>>49152104
>Is there a wax to "rig" ones own body ?
>I mean that you would put implants inside you, immerse yourself in VR and then either have software move you along or control your body from VR.
There is in 4e, yes. You install yourself with a Stirrup System (Augmentation), then Jump In to your own body.

There is not way in 5e, however, to do the same.
>>
>>49155205
It's actually at least one drink every other week for eight weeks.

Still leads to silly stuff because you can ignore amount or if you can somehow get pharmaceutical grade alcohol, but that's separate.
>>
>>49155350
>pharmaceutical grade alcohol
That just makes me think of cleaning alcohol
>>
>>49155350
>designer grade bourbon
is there anything more beautiful
>>
>>49153877
>I always forget that Orks are technically adults by 10.
Sexually mature, anyway. A good rule of thumb is that orks' bodies are 50% older than they are. So a 10-year-old ork has all of the life experiences and emotional maturity of a 10-year-old, but the body, hormones, and sex drive of a 15-year-old.

Shit's super fucked.
>>
>>49155410
The only reason people don't get addicted to designer grade booze is because they can't afford it.
>>
File: chris-hansen.png (75KB, 198x380px) Image search: [Google]
chris-hansen.png
75KB, 198x380px
>>49155494
>>
>>49155501
And now we have a motivation for running.
>>
So I'm building a SR3 character, and I'm looking at taking one of these Flaws:

Allergy; Uncommon, Moderate
Allergy; Common, Mild
Phobia; Common, Mild

Of the three, I've contemplated on Phobia a bit, and wondered if perhaps she might have a phobia of getting cyberware added to her body due to having read the terror tales about essence shredding and the likes. Thing is, she's also a Decker, and the intent is to give her a datajack, chipslots and possibly an Encephelon in the future. Would that phobia get in the way of that, or would it be something she could bite the pillow on out of necessity due to it being a mild phobia?

Otherwise, what are some good allergies to go with instead?
>>
>>49153940
>Sleep regulators
12k nuyen. You could buy 240 doses of Long Haul - enough to keep people awake for a combined total of about 3 years, in 4 day stretches at a time - for 12k nuyen.

Or they could slave a hundred Horizon Little Buddies to a good RCC at 2,000 nuyen apiece, load the RCC up with relevant autosofts at Rating 6, and have a work force that never gets tired and never has moral issues, with a dice pool of 8 in all relevant skills.

They don't want transhuman workers. They want transhuman experts. Super-soldiers, for example. Things where you want a generation of engineered elites, not a mass of better workers.
>>
>>49155538
Yeah, I just realized how that sounded.
>>
>>49155660
>chipslots
Don't bother, just slot the chips on your commlink instead. There's no reason to install an extra rack of chipslots into your actual body when plug-and-play shit exists.
>>
Is there a way to hide your Aura? Or are stealth-based infiltrators screwed the moment they have a spirit or mage on astral overwatch?
>>
>>49155778
>Is there a way to hide your Aura?
Yes.

>Masking: You learn to change the appearance of your aura (and astral form). You can make it look mundane, or make your Magic Rating look higher or lower by up to your grade. When someone tries to read your masked aura, the Assensing Test becomes opposed by your Magic + initiate grade—if they get any net hits, they see both your mask and your real aura. If you can use astral perception, you can even make your aura look like a different type (like a spirit or a focus—great for astral costume parties). You can also use this metamagic to mask the auras of as many of your bonded foci as your initiate grade.

It's a metamagic. You have to Initiate to take it. It's not available at chargen, but it is as soon as you've saved up 13 karma in-game.
>>
>>49155778
for mages there is a metamagic that lets you hide your aura (or at least make it look mundane)
The better option is a RPC coated Cardboard box with some sensors
>>
>>49155816
How does that hide your aura? That just says you can make it look stronger/weaker or not awakened. And what about if you're mundane?

>>49155833
RPC..? Ruthenium Polymer Coating?
>>
>>49155862
yup, as long as there is some distance between you and it it hides your aura. Unless a spirit decides to fly through it you will seem like any other object
RPC to hide you from the spiders that may wonder why the fuck a cardboard box is wandering down the hallway
Sensors so that you may still see shit in front of you
>>
>>49155862
You can make yourself look mundane, so nobody will flag on you.

And if you're concerned about being seen AT ALL, well, that's what god invented cardboard boxes for.
>>
File: skill_examp.jpg (26KB, 466x29px) Image search: [Google]
skill_examp.jpg
26KB, 466x29px
So I'm screwing around with the NSRCG3 character generator for the first time, and I'm a little confused by the layout on the Skills section - the program's so-called manual or whatever provides zero information, and the program's own statements are fairly vague.

Basically, the Skills are depicted as per the image, in terms of both general ([1]=1X) and specialized ([1/3]=3X) formats. The bottom of the window says 'X=Finalized Skills'. Now, I'm sure I'm probably going to look like an idiot for asking, but since I can't find any kind of confirmation or clarification on the program, or Google, I felt compelled to ask anyway, but would that mean that the '=1X' portions of the skill listings are the total skill rating? Meaning that '=3X' would refer to having a skill rating of a 3?
>>
>>49155932
>yup, as long as there is some distance between you and it it hides your aura.
How? I didn't see anything about that in the book

>>49155934
>You can make yourself look mundane, so nobody will flag on you.
Okay, but if you're trying to sneak into somewhere that's, you know, restricted enough to have a spirit on overwatch, you're going to get flagged if you show up at all
>>
What's a good war for someone to be a veteran of if they're SUPER INTO COMBAT because of it?
I want to make one of those "misses the good old days" ex soldier types.
>>
>>49156126
They'd still have to make an assensing roll (and a memory roll) to know that you're not somebody allowed.

And you can still hide. It's just opposed by an Assensing roll instead of a perception one.
>>
>>49155697
no, I mean they're a worker caste that are prototype transhumans, with bioware cooked in.

Except not prototype, because they're now being mass produced.

You know, good bioware that, once the initial investment of making them is out of the way, will pay off over time in more effective self reproducing workers.
>>
>>49156160
>They'd still have to make an assensing roll (and a memory roll) to know that you're not somebody allowed.
Isn't that Flexible Signature to look like someone else?
>>
>>49156150
You know what's more fun?
Ex-Desert Wars competitor.
Kicked out for some reason, and now he can't get his fix.
>>
>>49156201
It's just Assensing Test (2 hits) and possibly a Memory Test depending on how long it's been since that first Assensing test.

And then you can forge it as part of having Flexible Signature. They need to get (your initiation grade) hits over the threshold to see that it's a fake.
>>
>>49156233
That might be pretty fun.
Begs the question though:
How the fuck do you get kicked out of no holds barred desert combat?
>>
>>49156307
For off-the-clock stupidity.
Anything which would get fans to turn from your team.
Thus decreasing the merchandising profits.

Or through making a VERY risky move which cost your team a game.
>>
>>49156363
So, basically, being that fucking k/d whore who doesn't care about objectives?
>>
>>49156284
Note that the two hits is my estimate for a workable minimum. It could be that the actual number needed is your hits on the Assensing Test + your initiate grade, because the wording of Flexible Signature and the mechanics of Assensing create a little ambiguity about how it should work exactly.
>>
>>49156373
Sounds like.
Backstory, character flaw, room to grow.
Bam.
>>
>>49156592
seems like we've got a winner.
Now to hope he actually can survive his combat addictions.
>>
>>49156174
It will be a bigger investment with a smaller bonus than just mass-producing drones slaved to a master controller RCC.
>>
>>49156744
unless AIs become way more popular, I think having a dedicated super worker class will help the bottom line more and more as time goes on.
The corp is family, and all that.
>>
>>49156787
>unless AIs become way more popular, I think having a dedicated super worker class will help the bottom line more and more as time goes on.
It definitely won't. The one benefit of a poorly-paid worker class compared to drones is that you can pay them over time rather than making a significant initial investment. As soon as that's no longer the case, you have to compare them to drones, which are just better and for cheaper when it comes to moderate-skill drudgery.
>>
>>49156808
I feel like if that was the case, everyone would be using drones for everything already.
Because paying upfront for long term gains is like, universally a good idea for all entities that last more than a few years.
>>
>>49156848
>Because paying upfront for long term gains is like, universally a good idea for all entities that last more than a few years.
No, it's not. It's often a better idea to pay incrementally, because the money you're saving in the short term is getting reinvested and multiplied into much bigger long-term gains.

That said, the bottom rung of the corporate ladder usually IS mostly drones. They're not hiring SINless - they're having robots do maintenance, take out the trash, and be automated computer filing systems. Proper wageslaves represent a lucky minority of the population, with a lot of people forced out of the Shadowrun pool of legal labor by drones.
>>
>>49154765
>We had two bags of Zen, seventy-five pellets of Red Mesc, five sheets of high-powered blotter Aisa, a saltshaker half-full of Novacoke, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored moodies, dreamers, BADs, corpcandy ... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw Bliss, and two dozen Exs.
>>
So for the Otaku to Technomancer quality, how old would someone have to be? what year did Otaku's start appearing? They stopped around crash 2.0 right?
>>
>>49157697
Otaku lost their powers with Crash 2.0
They gained their powers usually before puberty, then lost them as it progressed

Which given enough awareness and focus to actually have learned something from those power, they would have to have been about 6 or so.

Give 11 years to get it to 2075, and the youngest Otaku to Technomancer would likely be in his mid to late teens.
>>
>>49157778

Alright cool, thanks for the help.
>>
I'm building an alternate system for Shadowrun on Roll20 that closely emulates XCOM and the Shadowrun Returns games, fleshing out my spell and equipment lists at the moment. Right now I'm fiddling with the list of cyberware.

http://pastebin.com/RKq72iWk

Are there any I've overlooked, or does anyone have creative ideas for entirely new cyberware?
>>
My players are about to go up against this gang, how fucked are they?

Gang name: The Fizzy Lifters
Color: Tie-dye
Uniform: Tie-dye fishnets....everywhere. leggings, shirts, etc
Vehicle of choice: Tie-dye garbage trucks
Weapon of choice: Blowdarts and whips
Gang sign: Jazz hands
Method of torture: Force subject to watch poorly written plays preformed by them.
Signature tattoo: Smiley Face
Main source of income: Ransoming old people to get into their will
Base of operations: An abandoned synagogue
Name of leader: Snappah
>>
Since almost every Stat has lots of Ware to boost it except for CHA and WIL
What kind of ware would you make to boost them?
Because the only ware for CHA is Tailored Pheromones, while WIL doesn't even have any ware
and the only ways to boost it otherwise seem to be drugs and infusions.
>>
>>49158014
Will has the pain editor I suppose.
>>
>>49158032
Yeah but that doesn't boost WIL or the WIL skills (the 2 of them). It just changes the wound penalties.
>>
File: Shiggy Diggy Doo.jpg (22KB, 326x167px) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy Diggy Doo.jpg
22KB, 326x167px
>>49158137
>>
>>49158137
Wat.

>While active, the pain editor increases your Willpower by 1 and decreases your Intuition by 1.
>>
>>49158137
I assumed we were talking about 5e? Because, while active, it DOES boost your Will by one at the const of one Intuition.
>>
>>49158163
>>49158168
>>49158171
Whoops. Seems I missed that part.

Still: What kind of ware would you make to boost CHA and WIL aside from Tailored Pheromones for CHA and Pain Editor for WIL?
>>
>>49158203
Ultimately? I wouldn't, because shamans will jump on that shit and fucking ruin it.
>>
One of my players wants to make a character with only one leg. Are there any rules for this? Is it a thing? I can't find any reference.
>>
>>49158203
I don't know. Back in 4e, War had the MPC Bridge Cultured bioware, which was supposed to make you more resistant to "emotional manipulation". I guess you could expand that to a bonus to Will. If you're asking for mechanics (eg. how much Essence, how much Nuyen, what availability etc), then I've no idea.
Charisma is more tricky because it's such a nebulous concept.
Also, there's this to bear in mind, >>49158248
>>
>>49158248
How? Hermetics have Cerebral Boosters they can use to boost their Logic score
>>
>>49158290
No metatype starts with a high Logic cap though. And also, apart from the pain editor, there is no way to boost Will as WELL as your other drain resist stat.
>>
Why does the Algonquin-Manitou council use the flag (symbol?) of the Iroquois Confederacy? Esp. given they hold none of the land that used ot belong to the Iroquois?
>>
>>49158256
Like, missing a leg and no cyber/bio replacement? First thing to come to mind would be to cut all their multipliers for movement in half (see pg. 162 of the 5th ed rulebook) and give them a serious limit on sprinting. Furthermore, anytime they take a sprint check and critically glitch, a Raccoon shaman appears and steals whatever prosthetic they have for purposes unknown.
>>
>>49158344
Lazy devs not bothering with research?
>>
Hi /srg/, I'm somewat new to running shadows and was interested in making a sniper, but I wanted to know if there was a good way to use drones to act as "spotters" or maybe use them to paint targets. Kind of similar to tau marklight drones from WH40k.

Is such a thing possible? If not, what are some other tools/skills that a dedicated sniper would benefit from.
>>
Okay, so I read that article about the PTA mom that got framed for drug abuse and my first thought was "Is anyone in the dark cyberpunk future petty enough to hire runners to do that kind of shit?"
Have any of you guys had a run like that, where you got hired to do something incredibly petty and stupid?
>>
Whats better for mental manipulation, control thoughts or influence?
>>
File: IMG_2714.jpg (102KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2714.jpg
102KB, 1024x1024px
>>49158464
Sure, with a decent Clearsight program and some thermal imaging sensors you can have your drones do perception checks from the air to increase situational awareness. My last group would tag targets in AR for each other all the time, in and out of combat. Don't remember if there are specific bonuses for that, but knowing who is where is incredibly useful.

Grab a Ruthenium Cloak out of Hard Targets, they're pretty cheap and work well enough as long as you're not moving around. Gecko Skin climbing gloves are also good (and don't forget Gymnastics skill, which covers climbing and is generally useful) if you're going to be an overwatch type. I'd also recommend a Smart Firing Platform to cover your ass while you're in place, it can be operated wirelessly without an RCC or run autonomously.
>>
>>49158464
Don't do it.

Setting up in a sniping position is antithetical to the reactive nature of shadowrunning in all but a few situations. Even then you're hoping nothing challenges the plan, because that means you have to move. If the GM challenges you, either the team is sitting up there with you, or a bad roll absolutely reams your asshole and no one else will be close enough to help.

Be the team's designated marksman instead.
>>
>>49158464
To a very limited extent, sort of.

Drones, beyond the basic vision mods, "see" using a sensor array, which can include a number of sensor functions (see page 446), most of which are not going to do much more to locate a target than your pc with the standard vision enhancements can do.

One issue you will have as a sniper is people ducking behind cover. If they're completely hidden, you can shoot them through their cover (which sniper rifles with their very high damage and AP are good at) as long as you actually know where they are, which is something your drones and their ability to see from other points of view can help with. Not quite on the level of markerlights, but it's something.

All you would need to see what your drones see would be a device with an image link (something you can put even in sunglasses) receiving data from the drones.

On the whole, Shadowrun isn't a game where sniping is something you'll get to do very often. But, sniper rifles share the same skill as shotguns, and drones are very good to have.
>>
>>49158786
>One issue you will have as a sniper is people ducking behind cover. If they're completely hidden, you can shoot them through their cover
Worth mentioning that there are two sets of rules for this; one for combat (target gets a defence test) and one for out of combat. (target gets no defence test)
>>
>>49158417
Yeah missing with no cyber/bio replacement. He's playing a technomancer that freaked when he first emerged and had his bionic leg removed after it started talking to him. Also I should have mentioned this was 4th edition, but halving movement and a penalty on agility tests involving the legs seems reasonable but I'm not sure how much BP a custom disadvantage like that should be worth.
>>
>>49158581
Not personally, but in a setting where parents are getting their children neural implants to keep ahead with their classmates, it shouldn't be surprising that some max-level tigermom would have another parent sacked or disgraced so their kid has to transfer to another school district. Gotta keep Billy at the top of his class, even if that means knocking the goalpost down a rung.
>>
>>49158464
Play a rigger. Have drones do the sniping for you.
>>49158633
Either is good, although influence is less useful for combat purposes as "I should shoot my buddy in the back" probably won't fly. It makes up for it via its ability to stick around way after you cast the spell, thus making things like "I should alter my will" a lot more doable.
>>
>>49158733
>>49158778
>>49158786
Ah, that's a little disappointing. So I'm better off packing normal guns for actual runs and keeping a sniper rifle handy in case I need to off someone at extreme range? How viable is it for a rigger to use drones in a strict support sense and still shoot their own guns?
>>
>>49158869
If you're going to become a sniper, you get to bring shotguns to runs, which is fun.
>riggers use drones for support, still shoots people
Oh yeah, that's doable. Get an RCC and a bunch of drones of one type, shove some autosofts on the RCC, and call it a day. So long as you don't plan on jumping into your drones, you don't need any skills to rig, other than possibly one to repair your drones with, assuming you don't have a contact capable of doing that for you.
>>
>>49158859
I was going to at first but drones as a primary means of fighting seems a tad weak, and something cool like a steel lynx seems like it would be a bit awkward to actually use in a real game since they are so big and illegal. Also, why do riggers favor shotguns?
>>
>>49158869
You're better off sticking a sniper rifle on a drone weapon mount. A relatively cheap aerial weapon platform won't set you back much, and that means you can have more than one and coordinate or direct them. That means bonuses.

>>49158914
Don't fight out in the open with drones until you have something that can reliably front line an assault.
>>
>>49158322
Dwarves have a naturally higher Willpower, and some of their metavarients also get a will or logic cap boost.
>>
>>49158914
Shotguns use the same active skill (Longarms).
>>
>>49158914
Snipers favor shotguns, because the skill for sniper rifles also covers shotguns because ???
Anyway, drones are p. good. Rotodrones are cheap as fuck and get extra points of body for the purposes of mounting weapons. Just get them some internal weapon mounts so no-one can see the guns and you should be good.
Big drones are usually more trouble than they're worth. You need a van to transport them in (cuz they're illegal) and then you need skills to use that van (so you can avoid the cops) and then you need to spend money on customizing the van (so the cops don't shoot it to pieces once they find you) and then next thing you know you're a vehicle rigger.
>>
>>49158914
Individually a drone is no match for a dedicated combat pc, but you aren't limited to just one drone.

A steel lynx running a rating 6 autosoft and a smartsoft from an rcc has a pool of 11 dice to shoot a smartgun (a higher pool is possible using the swarm program, but at the cost of fewer drones shooting). It has 6 recoil comp, so it can aim (+1 die) and shoot a simple full auto burst every turn. You can have 6 of those easily for 200k, and still be half-decent at shooting stuff yourself.
>>
>>49158965
>You're better off sticking a sniper rifle on a drone weapon mount
That seems ridiculous. I guess I underestimated the versatility of welding guns onto drones.

>>49159002
That was part of why I was reluctant to buy one, seems like it's more trouble than it's worth. Rotodrones are nifty though.
>>
>>49159015
>smartsoft
Wait, what? You can get smartlinks for your drones? Why did no-one tell me this?
>>
>>49159055
It's a slight exaggeration, but sniping from beyond extreme range for the enemies' weapons is a valid tactic for never needing to repair your drones.
>>
>>49159055
>That seems ridiculous. I guess I underestimated the versatility of welding guns onto drones.

My Rigger's MO was to plant rotodrones with sniper rifles on nearby rooftops of wherever the group were working.

If things got heated during extraction, insta cover fire from disposable robots.
>>
File: nivanh-chanthara-test-97.jpg (279KB, 1289x1920px) Image search: [Google]
nivanh-chanthara-test-97.jpg
279KB, 1289x1920px
>>49159066
It allows you to use the smartlink bonus for mounted smartguns, yeah.
>>
>>49159066
its in rigger 5
>>
>>49159055
>that seems ridiculous
It's a good investment, as it lets you keep your incredibly fragile drones out of range of anyone who wants to shoot them.
>seems more trouble than it's worth
It is worth it if you're a vehicle rigger, as unlike your fancy van a fancy drone is capable of going up stairs. Otherwise, yeah, don't bother.
>>
Granted I'm searching on Amazon, but is there any fucking reason why the core rulebook for 5e is $100+ dollars for hardback copies? Seriously, look it up on Amazon. Even the first editions are listed for like $15, so it's really fucking confusing
>>
>>49159324
Not currently in print, has a scheduled reprint in the next couple of months.
>>
Wait, how am I supposed to do movement? I understand that their Walk/Run is their limit for their combat turn, but am I supposed to let them attack and move, or move and then attack while moving?
>>
I want a hamburger
>>
File: Rutger Hauer Jake Armitage.jpg (46KB, 494x768px) Image search: [Google]
Rutger Hauer Jake Armitage.jpg
46KB, 494x768px
>>49159795

Well, I admit I've had stranger runs, but not many.

How much are you paying, Mr. Johnson?
>>
>>49158974
Okay, but I don't believe that they're quite as substantial or as easily accessible, priority-wise, as that of the elves.
>>
What's the best way to make a kool-aid man?
Is a cybertroll a match for most walls?
>>
>>49160122
Troll with a monofilament chainsaw if you're lazy. Failing that, there's some fucked up adept builds that can do absurd damage to structures aparently.
>>
>>49159685
Half move before each simple action. Complex actions get done before or after moving. Just a suggestion, of course.
>>
>>49160122
>>49160174
Bear-Who-Walks-Through-Walls. Adept build for 4e that could destroy walls as fast as it could walk through them.
>>
>>49158803
Yeah, that is a good question. See back in the day (off my lawn, etc.) decker or rigger builds where the character was blind, deaf, mute, quadriplegic and allergic to sunlight were so goddamn common nobody really thought twice about it. Nowadays, where you have to go where the Matrix is to actually have half a chance at getting in, being a gimp is actually a pretty serious drawback. That's easily a 10 to 12 Karma negative quality, in my book. I'd take it up with your GM.
>>
>>49160122
Shaped charges. Fat suit. Pour shitty red drink on your fallen foes.
>>
>>49160322
The last bit is super important
>>
>>49160315
You could get a knockoff used grade cyberlimb for a few grand, though. Even a bio limb for double that.
>>
File: 1389677193327.jpg (98KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1389677193327.jpg
98KB, 1680x1050px
Hey! I am looking to start playing. Where should I start? What should I know going in? Also is their a place to download the PDF's?
>>
>>49161773
You should definitely not consider reading the OP.
>>
File: 1411514966163.jpg (38KB, 750x511px) Image search: [Google]
1411514966163.jpg
38KB, 750x511px
How does a chummer manage the double life of being a shadowrunner and a servant of Lofwyr? How does he obsessively hide his allegiance from his team and his potential employers, and what steps does he take?
>>
>>49162456
Lofwyr knows.

The end.

He's got guys at least as good as you are - if not better - keeping an eye on you all the time. Anything you do furthers his agenda, whether you know it or not. If you find this out, he'll either bump you off in a deniable fashion or let you exist knowing that even your attempts at personal liberty through shadowrunning are only allowed to persist at his leisure.

There is no double life. Whether you like it or not, Lofwyr has you on a leash.
>>
>>49162467
>There is no double life. Whether you like it or not, Lofwyr has you on a leash.

And this is why you stay the fuck away from anything that is over 5 feet long and has scales.
>>
File: 1423604000153.jpg (47KB, 416x306px) Image search: [Google]
1423604000153.jpg
47KB, 416x306px
>>49162499
Dubs of truth, checked.

Now, if you want to figure out how to hide it from the fellow runners involved, just make mention of a few corporate contacts who happen to be highly-placed.

Nobody will think twice.
>>
>>49159332
Granted they were printed three years ago, but just how limited of a print do they make?
>>
>>49158014
There's a Quality in Chrome Flesh that gives you 1 Willpower for every 2 cyberlimbs that you have, and you can supplement the rest of the way with drugs.
>>
>>49149057
>How? Hermetics have Cerebral Boosters they can use to boost their Logic score
Charisma is the main limiting factor on how many spirits you can have bound at once. It's way more powerful, magically speaking, than Logic is.
>>
>>49162692
Or you could use drugs for the whole hog.
>>
>>49158464
Sniping is of limited use to a runner - it's extremely hard to incapacitate a target reliably in a single shot, even from surprise. But when you do snipe, drones are super useful. You have them place an ARO or stealth tag on a target, then you can track them to make shots through walls or know when they're about to come back out into the open. Especially useful if your drone is equipped to give you a live video feed or ultrasound overlay to further negate some of the blind firing penalties.
>>
>>49162610
The tl;dr explanation is that they'll do a single print run, then wait for that to run out. As for when that is, supposedly Soon™.

Apparently there's a big kerfuffle at the moment with one of the largest shipping companies in South Korea being completely bankrupt; ports aren't accepting their vessels until they've been paid, which MAY be affecting shipping of new books.
>>
>>49163008
It's really fucking hard to do that without crippling something else.
>>
Can you combine martial arts moves in 5e?
>>
>>49164402
Depends on what you're trying to do. You can combine techniques like Iajatsu and Half-Sword, but you can't stack skill bonuses beyond +2.
>>
>>49164577
>Iajatsu and Half-Sword

I wish people would stop saying it's a combo, it isn't. Iaijutsu specifically states that the sword needs to be properly sheathed, holding it backwards wouldn't count for that.
>>
>>49164577
Iaijutsu+Half-Sword+Ballestra?
>>
>>49153737
>So in theory adept can be faster than one that is just a mundy.

They hit 5d6 limit either way.
>>
>>49153737
Ware and powers don't stack. An adept who takes both Improved Reflexes and Wired Reflexes is in for a serious wet fart of a mistake.

And with wireless you can stack the Reaction from Reaction Enhancers and Wired Reflexes, so there's a clear advantage there. To the best of my knowledge, there's no other way in the entire game to break the augmentation cap.
>>
>>49164665
Draw sword, grab sword, stab sword. Works per RAW.
>>49164668
Ballestra wouldn't work, because it's a complex action rather than a modifier to an action. You'd probably struggle to get a GM to allow stacking ballestra with half-sword because of the way you're holding/using both.
>>
File: 1459262688614.jpg (188KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1459262688614.jpg
188KB, 1024x1365px
>>49157844
That list looks pretty good. I'm guessing Hand Razors are covering spurs and other implant melee weapons. Don't know if you want to make space somewhere for some of the symbiots or transgenics, or if a smuggling compartment is out of the scope of this game.
>>
>>49157947
In the grim darkness of 2077, art students still can't find meaningful work.

I'd be freaked out if I saw them
>>
File: Deal.jpg (154KB, 1280x636px) Image search: [Google]
Deal.jpg
154KB, 1280x636px
>>49158014
>the only ware for CHA is Tailored Pheromones

That doesn't boost your actual score. It just gives you extra dice to roll in certain situations.
>>
>>49164771

Oh I assumed people meant Half-Sword into Iaijutsu, if you mean Iaijutsu into Half-Sword, then yes it would work, though the Iaijutsu attack wouldn't benefit from the Half-Sword bonus, and vice versa.
>>
>>49158014

There's also Genetic Optimisation, which would let you increase your racial maximums for both by one, and stacks with things like Exceptional Attribute.
>>
>>49164771
But isn't Ballestra+Iaijutsu+Half-Sword just

>Draw sword
>Grab sword
>Lunging stab with sword
?
>>
File: 1362626924981.png (161KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1362626924981.png
161KB, 500x375px
>when you have all this dodge from Adepts combat sense, but then are told by teammates to not fight the gunslingers and instead to go use your claymore on a spirit.
>when its aura shreds into your physical boxes like a fucking wicked guitar solo because you can't dodge auras
>when the team doesn't come back to save you after all that bullshit and you fail your run check due to having so many Condition Modifiers you can barely hobble faster than the morbidly obese decker even if you got perfect rolls

I don't think I hate this game, but I do think I hate my group sometimes.
>>
File: Sniper.jpg (83KB, 783x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Sniper.jpg
83KB, 783x1019px
>>49158869
>>49159055
Having played a rigger sniper, I can tell you that it's possible but requires good planning.

My MO was to use a bunch of small flying drones (Flying Eyes, the various Tiny insectoids, etc) for physical infiltration. The decker didn't need to start racking up overwatch by getting into the camera system, because my drones were relaying feeds from all over the target zone. When things got hot, I'd throw out Rotodrones with AK-97s to hose down enemies with bullets and suppress them while the sammy/adept got close enough to finish them.

My actual sniping was mostly limited to A) a surprise attack that starts the show, B) any backup that came up, and C) people who got close to exterior walls. The drones did the spotting for me.

That said, the character was much more of a rigger who could snipe (I went a couple runs without pulling a trigger) than a sniper who used drones to spot for him. As some of the anons said, camping out and waiting for targets is a mug's game in a lot of SR. Two recommendations if you want to go through with it:
1) get a shotgun and be prepared to walk in with the team. You can give close-range support, then switch to the sniper if things open up a bit.
2) With drones spotting for you, you can shoot through floors and ceilings. I once spent a run on the 32nd floor in a copyroom giving fire support to the team while they broke into a lab on 34.Think in 3d
>>
>>49149057
>So what's your gangland like?
My first group of players lives in a beach resort on the french riviera, the second lives in a dilapidated sport complex north of Monza, near Milano.

As for the character I'm making, in the eastern barrens of Seattle.
>>
File: Sniper Orc.png (147KB, 1170x910px) Image search: [Google]
Sniper Orc.png
147KB, 1170x910px
>>49164956
Forgot to mention. The Crockett is the obvious choice for a weapon that works as a sniper or pseudo-assault rifle, if you don't want to carry a shotgun and switch between weapons. (if you do want a shotgun, go Enfield or Spas-24 and have a Defiance shorty for 'concealed')

Also, drones are expensive but start putting aside money for one of the anti-materiel rifles. The Terracotta Arms or the Barret both work, and it feels fucking great to blast through inches of steel and turn a troll adept into a pile of meat.
>>
>>49164986
The resorts safety is assured by the mafia and the other team took control of the local gang.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1228x819px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1228x819px
>>49164940
>Half-sword
<<<

>Ballestra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q2esRhDfGY

You can make an argument that iaijatsu would combine with either of those arts because it acts as a modifier to the complex action itself. You couldn't combine all three due to sheer physical motion.
>>
>>49165283
So
So lemme get this straight
You, for some reason
You can't just
Hold the fucking sword in Half-Sword
And lunge
Because ???
>>
>>49165436
How are you going to hold the sword halfway along the length while executing a ballestra?
>>
>>49165482
Adjust the grip.
>>
>>49165500
I'm fairly sure you just invented the spear.
>>
>>49165517
>Look through Shadowrun books
>No spears
I
What
How
It's a fucking spear
How do you not have spears statted
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1200x675px
>>49165561
Because you just invented it!
>>
>>49165561

It's classed as a polearm.
>>
File: Collapsible Spear.jpg (242KB, 506x599px) Image search: [Google]
Collapsible Spear.jpg
242KB, 506x599px
>>49165561
There's polearms in general, and there's that specific collapsible spear.
>>
>>49163462
Sounds like a shit way to run a TTRPG company IMO
>>
File: CGL Distribution.jpg (389KB, 1150x386px) Image search: [Google]
CGL Distribution.jpg
389KB, 1150x386px
>>49165827
Welcome to CGL
>>
>>49165891
>sail junk across pacific
On one hand, I don't think anyone would consider this idea to actually work.
On the other hand, I'm certain Chinese would try if you pay them up front.
>>
For SR5e, would a character focused on archaic weapons like swords/bows/crossbows, with a focus on crafting, enchanting, alchemy, foci and that sorta thing be viable?

What would be the best way to go about it? Start off with a crossbow, do alchemy to boost bolts, spec into Foci/Logic skills and be the team utility guy?

Is alchemy good? Does it need houserules?
>>
>>49166876
A cyber/bio stealthy archer with crafting is extremely doable and even pretty beastly. Not sure about magic.

What you are looking for is a lot of STR and DEX for starters.
>>
>>49167027
>DEX
You mean AGI, chummer?
>>
(5e) How the fuck do you hack something that is not slaved to a Spider's commlink or such? (for example, using Hack on the Fly on a Stuffer Shack's audio system, a maglock, or something like that) Which pool do you use to resist?
>>
>>49167089
I'm sorry I haven't slept for like 30 hours. Yeah that's what I meant.
>>
>>49167289
Stop the Long Haul and get some shut eye, chummer.
>>
>>49165972
It should work just fine if you island- hop alone the way. Polynesia was settled by outrigger canoe, after all.
>>
>>49167256
Device+Firewall or Device+Device. For most consume goods, that should be 2 dice in both cases.
>>
File: 1442225941371.jpg (272KB, 1024x619px) Image search: [Google]
1442225941371.jpg
272KB, 1024x619px
>>49166876
Artificing (making foci) is total crap for Shadowrunners. It's way too expensive in karma and difficult for anyone but an enchanting autist NPC.

Alchemy can be done, but it takes a lot of reagents to do properly. Boost limit with reagents, boosting potency increases time that it lasts, focus on spells that only need 3-4 hits to be effective. Don't try for a direct damage spell, dominate the field with Mass Agony, Physical Barrier, Invisibility, or Chaotic World. Use health spells like Heal and Stabilize (requires Command trigger, so you can use them from behind cover so long as your ally has the alchemical item on them). Sustained spells can also be done very well -Shapechange is great because it needs one hit to work, but under alchemy rules it lasts for Potency minutes without needing you to sustain it.

Don't try for anything with an opposed test, it won't work out. Good archer tips are already ITT; a good crossbow is a decent replacement for someone who is going to be investing in non-physical.
>>
>>49167523
Reagents can only boost the Limit, not potency.
>>
>>49167588
>When the preparation activates, it rolls Force + Potency [Force] as though its spell was just cast. Reagents do not change the limit for the preparation’s activation; they only increase potency during creation.

SG clarification sidebar, pg 210
>>
>>49167686
So... reageents don't boost the potency, just the limit. Yet again. Because that's what they do. They raise the Limit during creation, allowing you to MAYBE get a higher potency, and that's it.
>>
Can anyone help a confused chummer out. What book has information on Denver? I was looking through the pastebin and I can't find a Denver source book.
>>
>There are university professors, corporate executives, and politicians feeding the monkey. People are blowing their salaries on tempo, selling properties, loosing their jobs.... >[DeltaQueen] Becoming SINless.The Mob cats here in da Easy are making up for lost profits by buying SINs off tempo addicts. Once you in, it is hard to get out.
>Ghost Cartels p. 37

Hold on, how does the mob go around buying SINs? Is your SIN supposed to be a number you keep secret? If torture a guy until he tells me his SIN, and then I murder him, do I get a free Fake SIN?
>>
>>49168310

Not a very good one, since none of the data matches up, but yes you will have a fake SIN.
>>
>>49167796
Reagents don't directly boost the limit for normal alchemy, but for the magical compounds of advanced alchemy, spending more of the special required reagent directly boosts potency.

Possibly. The rules are either redundant or possibly contradict themselves, to nobody's surprise.

Still, it seems like if you want to give a friend the ability to throw force 4 Sunbeams with Spellcasting 12, it can be done with a good bit of expense or effort.

Or you can basically guarantee death if they don't have a good disenchanter around right now.
>>
File: Alchemy.png (174KB, 499x470px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemy.png
174KB, 499x470px
>>49168349
What?

Where does it say you can boost the Potency directly?
>>
>>49168310
You'd basically have a free SIN that's the equivalent of somewhere between rating 1 and 3 (okay, so three's a huge stretch to actually get, in practice it's going to be one or two) depending both on who you got it from and what's checking it.

Like, as far as a SIN 1 checker is concerned, you've basically got a 3 because it's a valid SIN right now. It's not going to turn up a bad number because it's a valid one until the death is reported.

On the other hand, it's unlikely to pass a rating 2 or 3 check because you're unlikely to match the vital statistics enough to get by a rating 2 or 3 checker unless you target within your ethnic, meta, and gender.
>>
File: Contradict'ry.png (181KB, 612x431px) Image search: [Google]
Contradict'ry.png
181KB, 612x431px
>>49168399
Magical Compounds of Advanced Alchemy, not preparations. (SG)

But like I said, it's either a bit needlessly redundant and badly worded or contradictory and badly worded.
>>
>>49168337
>>49168460
So theoretically, I could provide a black-market life insurance business where I sell your SIN on the fake SIN market if you die to give the proceeds to your family, but you'd have to give me your SIN beforehand, or in some form of dead man's switch format. That's pretty interesting, actually. Might be nice to offer a bargain rating 4 SIN that goes a bit haywire because the guy it belonged to was found dead.
>>
>>49168511
...What? But... that just says you increase the potency of the compound? Does it allow you to actually boost Preparations?
>>
>>49168553
I think that 4 is a bit of a stretch without some black market reconstruction.

>>49168563
I don't think there's a spell or creature power that lets you do alchemy, so only for those Magical Compounds, not Preparations.

On the other hand, if there is and I'm not remembering it, yeah. Then it would.
>>
>>49168265
There's a 2e book called "Denver: The City of Shadows", the 3e book "Shadows of North America", 4e "Spy Games" and "Sixth World Almanac"
>>
Would making Alchemy require a number of Drams of Reagents equal to the Potency of the preparation, and making Potency count as the hits for determining threshold/effect of the alchemical spell be reasonable?

Gives it a cost, makes it not screw you with reducing your dice.

Maybe make them last until the next dawn or something, instead of Potency x2 hours?
>>
File: Jack In Colour.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Jack In Colour.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>49168553
The mob does harvest SINs from people for resale, but it's inherently the kind of thing that requires a lot of infrastructure to support. You have to find people who already have SINs, but are desperate for money enough to sell access to the SIN to you. Then you have to sell those SINs to people who, depending on what they need it for, might burn it within a week or in 10 years. Not to mention that as soon as the person is registered as dead (or if something fishy happens, like a guy who's lived all his life in Dehli suddenly shopping at Seattle Stuffer Shacks) the SIN doesn't go 'a bit haywire' it gets ruined, and depending on how active the cops want to be that day they start looking into how it ended up on the black market.

And if you want to sell it as a R4, you need to be very lucky, matching the age, sex, and nationality of the original owner with the buyer quite closely. The bit on SINs in 5e Core (362) mentions that recycling SINs is usually a very low-rating, short-time thing. Quality fake SINs are produced by organized crime, who have the hackers and bribery funds to get something registered in the Database.
>>
File: assault_on_precinct_13.png (553KB, 824x464px) Image search: [Google]
assault_on_precinct_13.png
553KB, 824x464px
How would Knights Errant react to an all out gang attack on their HQ?
>>
File: 1412196728937.gif (134KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1412196728937.gif
134KB, 480x270px
>>49168799
>>
File: Wuxing Mage.jpg (84KB, 736x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Wuxing Mage.jpg
84KB, 736x1011px
>>49168735
I think saying that Potency remains stable until sunrise/sunset, then begins to decay at the 1 Potency per hour rate, is very workable, and also fits in well with established magical lore. It gives a decent chance for an alchemist to try something big, then rest, and still get to the run before it's all ash.

I'm not sure what you mean with the first part. Do you mean that instead of rolling Force+Potency [Force] when you activate it, it just has net hits equal to Potency?
>>
>>49168848
Basically, when you create it, you roll the standard Alchemy+Magic [Force] test. That determines the Potency as normal. When it activates, rather than having to roll Potency+Force, you just count the Potency as the number of net hits for determining any effects.
>>
>>49168829
They would be happy? They would respond with exosuits?

What is this mean
>>
>>49168799
Slaughter the gangs, I would assume
>>49168951
It's not very often you get people wiling to run face first at your machine guns.
>>
File: 1438739375444.jpg (469KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1438739375444.jpg
469KB, 2560x1600px
>>49168890
That would be too much emphasis on Potency, IMO. Without the Force as a limit, it allows people to cranking out low-Force, high-Potency items for massive net hits on spells like Physical Barrier, or spells like Control Thoughts where you need a fair amount of net hits to get through the opposed test and dominate targets.
>>
>>49168991
What? Force is still the limit. It's just getting rid of the second check. Did you even read the post?
>>
>>49169026
I did. You just said Potency as net hits, you didn't say anything about keeping the limit from the standard Spellcasting test that happens when the preparation goes off.
>>
>>49169051
Basically, when you create it, you roll the standard Alchemy+Magic [Force] test.

That is, literally, copy pasted from the post in question.

It is LITERALLY SAYING that the Force is the limit, as it is in default.

There IS no spellcasting test when it goes off. The original roll you make when creating it IS the test, and determines the hits.
>>
>>49168970
Can I get a little more detail? The soucebooks are a little light on info about KE.
>>
>>49169122
That is copy-pasted from the post. It's also not the rules.

There is a test when you create it (Step 5, pg 305 core), of Alchemy+Magic [Force], opposed by the Force. This determines the Potency.

To use it,
>When the spell is released from the preparation, it goes off as though it were cast by a magician. The Spellcasting Test uses the preparation’s Potency in place of Spellcasting, and the preparation’s Force in place of Magic (with the Force also serving as the limit).

So you have the Alchemy+Magic [Force] test to determine potency, then the Potency+Force [Force] test when it is used. The latter test happens just like a spellcasting test, except that it uses different sources to generate the diepool, and that you don't suffer drain when it happens.
>>
>>49149414
Be mystic adept. Get alchemy. Get a crossbow .
>>
>>49169237
Yes, anon. I'm referring to a houserule.

Are you reading at all?
>>
File: Internet.gif (860KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Internet.gif
860KB, 500x281px
>>49169330
OK, let's go through your shit.

1) You make a preparation, rolling Alchemy+Magic [Force], to determine Potency.

2) You use the preparation, counting Preparation alone as the net hits with no roll.

3) Someone spends Edge to Push the Limit and you're back to the problem of >>49168991

By the way, when you're proposing a houserule, don't be a cunt to the only person reading what you're writing and pointing out the problems. Good way discourage people from giving a shit about what you're saying.
>>
>>49169276
That isn't helpful, anon
>>
>>49169471
I wasn't being a cunt. If the guy I was replying to wants to purposely ignore what's being said, that's on him.

Also, you can't do low Force high Potency, because Potency is capped by Force. The innate requirement of reagents in creation means that you can't use them to raise the limit.
>>
>>49169538
Possibly. The proposed houserule didn't say anything about not being able to use reagents earlier, just needing to spend reagents equal to potency on the preparation.
>>
>>49169538
>Potency is capped by Force

Until they Push the Limit. Like, God, don't you read what was written at all? How can you be purposely ignoring what's being said? Also, are people spending these reagents before or after the test?
>>
>>49169609
So, they're investing in

Logic, Alchemy, Archery, Magic, Body, Rea, Int, Edge, and all the other necessary shit. And they need a high amount of Edge to make the edge worth it.

k
>>
File: 1466404288698.jpg (541KB, 1600x3107px) Image search: [Google]
1466404288698.jpg
541KB, 1600x3107px
>>49169736
Are we not talking about a general rule for alchemy? Or are you trying to go to your GM with an alchearcher and a houserule?

And it doesn't require a ton of Edge. The main goal is ignoring the limit and getting a bunch of hits off of what is ostensibly a low-Force preparation; any bonus hits from Edge or Rule of Six is a perk.
>>
>>49169839
We're talking about a general rule, but if you're going to be doing alchemy, then you're looking at Magic, Logic, Intuition, Reaction, Body, at least a tiny bit of Str, Willpower, and whatever skills you'd normally need plus alchemy. Plus you need Edge, which AFAIK doesn't refresh particularly fast? If I'm wrong, feel free to tell me, but last I saw you don't get it back often, which means you'd need a decently sizable chunk to get much use out of it for this, and it denies you the ability to use it on other stuff.
>>
File: Street Mage.jpg (128KB, 490x890px) Image search: [Google]
Street Mage.jpg
128KB, 490x890px
>>49170274
You get edge back
A) When you critical glitch

B) Whenever the GM wants

There's 9 criteria for getting Edge back, and only one has an actual set trigger (crit glitch). The rest happen whenever the GM likes what's happening. So it refreshes whenever the GM decides.

And to be an alchemist it takes nothing but a standard mage build with some skill points in Alchemy (which you should have at least a couple points in to scrounge up reagents; just need to scrounge up ~4 more from all the other skills to get it to 6). All a mage needs to work is to focus on their drain stats (Logic/Intuition/Charisma+Willpower) and MAG 6. Nobody goes out there trying to pump Logic, Intuition, Reaction, and Body in one character, unless you're playing some Attributes A Edgemaster.
>>
>>49170274
At the very least, one back per day if you're not in dire straights.

Other than that, you get it back for actions, mostly. And that stat spread's a bit thinner than it needs to be. Magic's already partially cordoned off as its own thing, you'd probably get more from high Will and Drain Stat than Logic, Int, and Reaction.
>>
>>49170446
>Priority gen
Why would you do that? Karmagen exists.
>>
>>49170274
>Plus you need Edge, which AFAIK doesn't refresh particularly fast?
Depends on what you think is fast.

> Your character gets one point of Edge back after a fulfilling meal and a good night’s sleep (at least eight hours)
> Good roleplaying
> Heroic acts of self-sacrifice
> Achievement of important personal goals
> Enduring a critical glitch without using a Close Call
> Succeeding in an important objective
> Being particularly brave or smart
> Pushing the storyline forward
> Having the right skills in the right place at the right time
> Impressing the group with humour or drama
>>
>>49170544
Only the first is guaranteed. All the rest is GM's discretion.
>>
File: weapons_render_1.jpg (74KB, 622x437px) Image search: [Google]
weapons_render_1.jpg
74KB, 622x437px
Are there any special kind of nonlethal weapons you guys have pictures of?
>>
>>49170471
>dire straights
Dire straits.
>>
File: 1432698996106.png (56KB, 615x629px) Image search: [Google]
1432698996106.png
56KB, 615x629px
>>49170650
It's nonlethal for smart people, who run away when they see it coming.
>>
>>49170677
No, Dire Straights are a new critter in Howling Shadows. They spend a page talking about how those monsters hate Plan 9 and EVO is leading an international campaign to exterminate them.
>>
>>49170647
>the gamemaster can reward players
GM's call on a " fulfilling meal and a good night’s sleep". Might be hard to come by if your food and bedding is shite. Even on a crit glitch, the GM can decide not to reward.
>>
>>49170693
Thanks, I was more hoping for something along the lines of taser rifles or something.
If that is even a thing.
Just looking for ideas in general atm.
>>
>>49170741
generally you can turn most guns nonlethal with either Gel Rounds (think expanding beanbag rounds) or Stick-and-Shock (which just works like a taser
In 4e SnS is better due to the electricity damage rules, in 5e gel is better due to the knockback
>>
File: 1442233339472.jpg (302KB, 778x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1442233339472.jpg
302KB, 778x1230px
>>49170741
>taser rifles or something.
>If that is even a thing.

They're not. There things like the Screech rifle and the Pain Inducer, and pistol-sized tasers, but for anything else there's Stick&Shock (tm).
>>
>>49170725
Are they gigantic heterosexuals
>>
>>49171458
It's CGL, so it's hard to tell what species they awakened from or any good details, but they're described as being very pale and flabby. Maybe pandas? Also, Kane spent like 3 paragraphs complaining about something called Gamergate, which I guess was in a sourcebook I missed.
>>
>>49171507
>GG in shadowrun
for_what_reason.tiff
>>
So, uh, question.
Who is pepsico in shadowrun?
They're such a big boy in the real world, I can't imagine swearing myself to any other corporate overlord.
>>
>>49171507
Page number?

Also;

>Howling Shadows
>An actual steak—heck, an actual burger made of actual ground beef—is a luxurious treat few people have or ever will taste. Then again, soy slop can essentially be made to taste fairly similar to steak, so paying two to three hundred nuyen for a piece of meat that tastes close to what you can eat at home for ten nuyen is pretty foolish.

>Run Faster
>10¥ Myco-protein steak
>50¥ Steak
>500¥ Fancy meal for one (8)
(*who knows what that (8) is?)
I wish the writers could, y'know, collaborate and riff off each other. It's almost as bad as leddit, where (wannabe?) writers talk IC about the superfast Infected Banshee, and other niggles.
>>
>>49171876
Dunno, but there was a Cola Wars at some point. Maybe that's a sign they're still active?
>>
>>49171876
>>49172058
Just drawing on what other people have said;

>Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola are driven out of business by the far superior Aztecola

>Coca-Cola was still in Atlanta according to the Neo-anarchist Guide to North America

>Street Magic mentions the Cola Wars between 'Reds' & 'Blues' on p89
>>
File: Archer-S5-poster.jpg (376KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Archer-S5-poster.jpg
376KB, 1365x2048px
Any tips on how to a lead-in to and run a Archer Vice-type mega-run/campaign (team is given a literal shitton of novacoke, they have to form a mini-cartel to sell all of it, making international connections along the way)
>>
>>49172045
>(*who knows what that (8) is?)

>To help get you started, here’s a small list of items that you might find useful, already weighted (where needed) with Sixth World economics in mind. Unless otherwise noted, the availability for each is (—).

It's just to remind you that even if you can afford a fancy meal, there might not be anywhere in the neighbourhood that can serve it.
>>
File: Drug Deal.jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Drug Deal.jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
>>49172240
Work out with the players whether it's going full Archer Vice (they sit in a house with all the coke and have a series of personal wacky adventures) or more realistic, where they try to set up their own network of distributors.

If the latter, you might want to expand the rules about loyalty, maybe draft a random table about how the distribution goes.
>>
>>49170741
Doesn't Taser stand for Thomas A Swift's Electric Rifle, thus making them rifles by default?
>>
>>49173115
Taser is just a brand name that's been genericized, like Kleenex. Even the Taser company makes several different pistols, and maybe one rifle-sized weapon.
>>
>>49173251
It's on the wiki, must be true.
>>
>>49173277
You can name your dog Airplane, doesn't mean you can crawl up it's asshole and fly to Cancun in it.
>>
File: pharah1.jpg (9KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
pharah1.jpg
9KB, 225x224px
hello yes help how do I make Pharah in shadowrun
>>
Is there something particularly wrong with naga, other than the whole fetish-bait furry thing?
>>
>>49155934
>Cardboard boxes hide aura.

https://youtu.be/rKrvUhDsWVg
>>
>>49173381
They don't have a real role, niche, or use to the setting. They're like sasquatches or the merrow - people forget they even exist more often than not. With that kind of irrelevance, that means they're usually introduced for a dumb reason when someone does try to introduce them.
>>
>>49173343
get jetpack, use demolitions, be autistic, you seem like you only need the first two steps so you have that going for you
>>
File: Naga Running Wild.png (3MB, 1272x3552px) Image search: [Google]
Naga Running Wild.png
3MB, 1272x3552px
>>49173381
No hands severely limits options, as does being a giant snake monster who can't do any legwork without being super conspicuous.
>>
>>49173463
But actually though, would any cybernetics be appropriate?
>>
>>49173622
Establish ALL her powers first
After that we can talk about what to get
>>
>>49173622
Meh. She has a milspec flying suit and a bunch of rockets, as far as I know, so there's no need for cybernetics if you don't want them.

>>49173672
Flies, shoots rockets, incites cancerous gay ships
>>
>>49173622
No? She has a jetpack and shoots a bunch of dumb rockets, it's not like she's very complex
>>
>>49173467
>can't do any legwork
HEH
>>
>>49173622
>>49173698
She'd probably need some sort of Initiative boosters to keep up in combat, but whether you get there through WR, Synaptic Boosters, Drugs, magic, whatever.
>>
>>49168715
Many thanks Omae. No idea how I missed it but I did.
>>
>>49173672
>>49173698
>>49173724

I guess there's not really great options for an analogue to the suit for a starting character then
>>
>>49173788
>starting character
chummer, from what we have seen she can
>fly
>shoot
>throw bombs

That is far too sparse to even BEGIN to constitute a character

Also: What is she gonna do?
In fights she is a prime target for everyone
During legwork she is far too obvious or too useless
>>
>>49173788
Not especially. If I really had to model her at chargen, I'd go with a mage with decent firearm/demolition skills, personally. Have a spirit carry you around so you can go zoom.
>>
>>49173842
yea I guess for some reason I thought she had robot limbs

shows what I know about overwaifu
>>
File: Nod.gif (3MB, 427x352px) Image search: [Google]
Nod.gif
3MB, 427x352px
>>49173881
>ghetto Pharah
>straps a bunch of scrap metal to her body, gets possessed by spirit so she can fly
>chucks bathtub explosives left and right
>>
File: 1453165469725.png (482KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1453165469725.png
482KB, 500x738px
>>49150480
>tfw we're basically a decent war and widespread body augmentation from being a midlevel cyberpunk world
>tfw we're already living in a low level cyberpunk world
>>
File: Feels Blade Runner.png (465KB, 680x762px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Blade Runner.png
465KB, 680x762px
>>49174219
>tfw you realise you are and always will be a wagecuck, because even if the world does go full cyberpunk you don't have the spine to leave everything you have and take a stand
>>
>>49149057
Neil the Ork Barbarian is looking good.
>>
>>49152620
By RAW you can fit a rigger cocoon into most anthro drones, Mech-suits ahoy!
>>
>>49174359
So that's Pharah and D.Va down. Junkrat and Roadhog are easy. How much else of the Overwatch cast can we replicate in Shadowrun?
>>
>>49174359
>most anthro drones

Aren't most Medium sized, i.e. could actually fir into a coccoon themselves?
>>
>>49174280
Now, now.
Being a Salaryman ain't that bad.
You'll just be the guy whose company assigned wife is being fucked by a runner on the side and you can't sign the appropriate forms to have the resulting kid deregistered as your single allotted offspring because it would mean that you're assisting illegal activity by not letting the runner and it's offspring live.

HAPPY FILING, ASSOCIATE.
>>
>>49174418
Basically everyone except Reaper, Tracer, and maybe Winston
>>
>>49174491
Reaper is doable if you can be a critter, plenty of weird shit can turn into vapor. Same for Winston, plenty of ways to get a gorilla with the Sapience power. Tracer's temporal bullshit and porting is right out, though.
>>
>>49174359
If you want to fit a pixie inside, sure.
>>
>>49174560
Reaper can also teleport, that's why he's not doable
>>
>>49174582
I thought his teleport just had his model go below the floor and swoop somewhere?
>>
>>49174645
It goes under the floor so you can't kill him mid-teleport like you can with Tracer if you're very lucky
>>
>>49158778
Tell that to Nightjar and Gutshot
>>
>>49174491
>Reaper
One of the types of vampire that can turn into vapor, for sure.
>>
>>49175102
Got covered, he has a teleport so he's out. ...although then wouldn't Symmetra also be disqualified?
>>
File: Baby_First_Elite_Frontpack.jpg (62KB, 550x981px) Image search: [Google]
Baby_First_Elite_Frontpack.jpg
62KB, 550x981px
>>49174579
>If you want to fit a pixie inside, sure.
Nah, a rigger cocoon can fit any standard-sized occupant. It's up to you, though, whether you think that means the drone has the rigger on the interior like a suit of power armor, or if it's walking around with an adult-sized papoose with a comatose ork inside.
>>
>>49175150
>Got covered, he has a teleport so he's out.
I disagree, is the thing. I'd have the 'teleport' just be a high movement speed in his mist form.

Just because you think you've already covered it doesn't mean that the topic is settled.

>Symmetra
Oh yeah, she's in that game too. I wouldn't know, because I've literally never seen anyone choose to continue playing her in a match.
>>
>>49174428
Yes, but as it only cost two mod slots, and as a Shiawase I-Doll has a bod of three, you Can put it in. Now any sensible GM is going to slap you down on this without a real good explanation, but if you were looking to emulate some sort of mech-suit without going too deep into house-ruling that is how you would do it.
>>
>>49175150
Oh yeah, I forgot about her! Wouldn't all teh supports be out for some reason or another? Symmetra's teleport, Ana's healing bullets, Mercy's rezzing, Lucio's AoE heal, Zenyata for being an omnic.

Speaking of Omnics, wouldn't that discount Bastion as well?
>>
>>49175331
>Ana's healing bullets
Can be done with Alchemy and non-damaging darts.

>Mercy's rezzing
Totally works. Resuscitating someone who's not-quite dead (hasn't respawned yet) is perfectly allowed.

>Lucio's AoE heal
There's a Ritual for that, and it wouldn't be hard to make a custom spell.

>omnic
AI with a drone body and the pilot background.
>>
>>49175388
>Totally works. Resuscitating someone who's not-quite dead (hasn't respawned yet) is perfectly allowed.
That only works if you go with that you're dead when you rez, and not when your lifebar runs out.
Personally, I say you're dead when you drop and you rez because it is a game and the matches would be legendarily short if you had one life.
>>
>>49175445
I say you're dead when you can no longer be rezzed, and are just incapacitated enough that it's not a relevant distinction for anyone other than Mercy.

Which totally works in Shadowrun because you're very specifically not necessarily dead when you drop - you're just bleeding out - and someone with a heal spell can totally bring you back up from that.
>>
>>49175331
Bastion isn't technically an Omnic, just a combat drone who became sapient because of a glitch.
>>
>>49175481
See, you're bleeding over Shadowrun with Overwatch.

Sure, in Shadowrun, you don't die when you drop because Overflow is a thing. Hell, you might even still be conscious in Overflow, but you're not dead.
In Overwatch, you're stone dead when you drop. It's canon somewhere that Reaper and Soldier: 76 were brought back to life by Mercy at some point before the game starts
>>
>>49175535
>In Overwatch, you're stone dead when you drop.
[Citation Needed]

I get that you don't want the conversion to work for headcanon reasons, but it definitely does work.
>>
>>49175603
You're the one saying they're not dead when all indicators say they very, very much are.
>>
>>49175631
>all indicators
Mate, you're just going, 'Nuh uh, they're definitely dead, not just unconscious and bleeding out, because... reasons?'

I get it. You have an established headcanon.

But the actual game mechanics are 'Mercy can revive someone between being incapacitated and being dead-beyond-revivability.' And in Shadowrun, that means being able to heal someone who's incapacitated, but not dead-dead.

It's a really obvious, direct, and clear parallel, and your only problem with it is that it conflicts with your headcanon.
>>
>>49175388
>Alchemy and non-damaging darts.
Alchemical healing preparations can't use the contact trigger.
>>49175492
All omnics are drones that became sapient, strictly speaking.
>>
>>49175196
>a rigger cocoon can fit any standard-sized occupant
That doesn't mean it's not subject to the smell test on whether the drone can handle the cocoon.

>A rigger cocoon [...] consists of a seat completely surrounded by fire-resistant ballistic cloth, reinforced by metal plates to prevent someone from merely sticking a sword through it, and including cushions and harnesses to keep the rigger from rattling around. In cases where a rigger cocoon is installed in an aircraft, additional measures are included to help the rigger stay conscious in high speed maneuvers.

Trying to papoose that shit on the back of a drone that's roughly your size and not rated to carry your weight? Yeah ... there will be problems.
>>
File: Ressurect.png (13KB, 594x147px) Image search: [Google]
Ressurect.png
13KB, 594x147px
>>49175688
How 'bout the fact that the ability description says it's raising from the dead, then?
>>
>>49175906
>Yeah ... there will be problems.
Well, of course there will. You've exceeded the number of Seats the drone/vehicle had, and will take the standard penalties accordingly.
>>
>>49175906
I Didn't say it wasn't stupid, just as the rules are written it's permitted. Going back to the i-Doll, you can not fit systems to make it able to swim as water propulsion doesn't fit, but you can mount a medium drone rack - in a medium drone. The modifications rules really don't make sense when applied to drones, they need their own rules but CGL half-arsed that.
>>
>>49175980
>You've exceeded the number of Seats the drone/vehicle had
So, what, give it the Increased Seating modification and maybe Manual Control Override?
>>
>>49176417
>Increased Seating
What's +50% of 0 seats?
>>
>>49176644
>When you need to use a 0 for the math, like a micro-drone’s Body score, use 0.5 instead.
Which would be .75, which might as well round up to 1 if you're shelling out cash for it and have a GM that can understand the concept of "I'm giving it a seat."
>>
>>49176706
>Rigger 5.0 Attribute Modifications, p.123
inb4 [CITATION NEEDED]
>>
>>49176706
.75 of a seat...
so, like, a bicycle seat?
>>
>>49176748
Sounds better than what it was packing previously.
>>
>>49176748
Maybe the bitch seat?
>>
>>49176190
My point was that following the RAW is like following Chummer. They lead "but X says..."-minded people astray, and it's up to the GM (& players, if able) to keep the verisimilitude from lagging.
>>
>>49176802
>verisimilitude
You're a retard if the idea of turning a robot into power armor breaks your sense of verisimilitude.
>>
>>49176894
You're a retard if you think a cocoon attached to a drone = iron man.
>>
>>49176911
And you're a retard for not grasping that mechanically they would amount the same thing.
>>
>>49177031
Yeah, nah. You're just a retard.
>>
>>49177096
>>49175936
are all threads this awful.
>>
>>49177383
Of course not. Some are worse.
>>
I think what pisses me off about gammaware and the like is that they had to make it their own shitty product. They couldn't just harken back to the old fluff and talk about it being recently recovered crash 1.0 gear. God knows enough was lost then, biotech and genetech and even minor nanoware.
>>
>>49179045
What?
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.