[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wg/ - Weaver Dice/Worm General #4: tfw no good pictures of blasto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 14

Last time on /wg/: >>49099003

Welcome to the Wormverse, where everything gets worse. Additionally, people get superpowers by having the worst day of their lives, and then it somehow gets worse for them.
Yeah, things are bad here on Earth Bet.

If you want to read original story, Worm:
https://parahumans.wordpress.com/

If you're lazy and want to listen to the story, they've got an audiobook here:
http://audioworm.rein-online.org/

If you're looking for the game built by the author, Weaver Dice:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e-H--GkPrbJq4WRNYndBnjjLjE7-2kOZkjwltkP1Ong/edit

Enjoy your stay here...until a Cape ruins everything.
>>
Blasto did nothing wrong except steal our hearts.
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 1517x1198px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 1517x1198px
Everything gets worse:
the novel
>>
I am kind of afraid of even seeing Blasto fanart because I imagine his skin mask to look creepy as fuck, other than that he was definitely in the top 5 for most based Tinkers.
>>
>>49126771
"everything was shit then got more shit, couldn't get any worse could it ? and here comes a cape"
>>
File: Doomguy.png (492KB, 414x600px) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy.png
492KB, 414x600px
Blaster 7, Mover 3, Brute 5. Triggered when he was told he would be KILL BY DEMONS
>>
>>49126773
more like most based tinker, no one else was fucking with endbringers and certainly not cloning them.
>>
I know quests are controversial here sometimes, but some of you like them and they are big on the sb/sv/qq community where worm is also big.

Any good worm quests that you're reading/would recommend?
>>
>>49126783
I BET CAULDRON DID THIS
>>
>>49126817
capes of rain city on the quest board and on spacebattles there is the quests wildbow ran that i think are possibly cannon as well.
>>
>>49126829
always cauldron those damn rascals.
>>
>>49126817
There was a very popular one on here called capes of rain city, I haven't read it yet but it gets mentioned a lot.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=capes%20of%20rain%20city%20quest

Seems to be on a hiatus right now because the creator had an accident, but AFAIK he is going to go back at it any soon-ish.
>>
Should Worm start as a live action TV series, an animated TV series, a live action movie, or an animated series?

How would each one do? What will ruin each one?
>>
>>49126773
I'm pretty sure his fungi mask just makes him look like a different person.
>>
>>49126835
>>49126864
Enjoyed every part of it. Monotreme is a treat, too.
>>
>>49126869
Way too long to be a movie, it needs to be a series of sorts. Also I think Wildbow was in some negotiations about a TV deal though it is unclear whether or not something came out of it, he said that chances were kind of low.
>>
hope i don't fuck this up.

>Own bookstore with my son
> not the best but quaint nice little store
>one day businesses as usual then we both here a large bang
>capes come running into the store to escape from the prt
> "oh, please no!"
>one of them is literally a black hole
>prt comes in and starts blasting fire and lighting
> chase them out
>"thank god they're gone
> get shitty payout from prt,doesn't come close to covering losses
> thanks earth bet
>>
>>49126869
Too long for a movie, the crazy deep lore might be a pain with visual mediums.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 1015x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 1015x276px
Thinker 2-3:

>>49126793
>blaster 7
Capes who can bring down buildings would have a lower ratings then that.
>Brute 5

Glory girl is a brute 6 and she can throw cars at an endbringer.

Looks like we're giving out prt ratings now...
>>
File: moon knight.jpg (136KB, 720x557px) Image search: [Google]
moon knight.jpg
136KB, 720x557px
Here's a question. How would you stat someone like Moon Knight?
His trigger is pretty obvious, being left to die by his merc team, but as far as stats go?
Something along the lines of?
Thinker 2
Tinker 4
Stranger 2

I wish I could remember if he should have a low level brute ranking in there too.
>>
>>49126894
>Walking home to my family
>Suddenly a mass of bugs flies down my street and get everywhere
>Cleaning bug guts out of my suit for a week
>Thanks Earth Bet
>>
>>49126869
>>49126906
>>49126891
I reckon the best mediums would be a comic, a tv show or animated series. with either of those you can really flesh out the world in a way you just can't with movies.
>>
>>49126894

>no one maimed
>no one killed
>no horrible life ruining secrets revealed
>you didnt even beat, neglect, or molest your son

sounds more like earth aleph.
>>
>>49126911
moon knight has sometimes had super strength in varying in some runs and had the moon phases make him stronger as well so theres that.
>>
>>49126922
>implying Skitter would let any bugs splat you
PERFECT MULTITASKING
>>
>>49126869
Can't decide between TV series or a metric fuckton of movies. Thing is, it has to be live action because I think The Killing Joke singlehandledly murdered the animated heroes scene for years to come.

I lean towards the movies, if only to troll the Young Adult fanbase.

>>49126907
>bring down buildings
Who says Doomguy can't do that?

>Brute
Not because he's strong (which he is, but I don't know if he's strong enough for a Striker rating) but because of his resilience and stamina.
>>
>>49126911
Yeah, he would have a low level Brute/Mover package, that varies based on the moon cycle. And him being a Tinker is a more recent introduction, but fits the trigger.

I'm not sure how to rate the resistance to psychic bullshit due to multiple personalities, probably rolled into the Thinker.
>>
So how could Taylor's shard manifest as other power classifications?

>Master
Rather obvious, I think. Khepri-lite.
>Tinker
Mind-control items?
>Brute
Small-item telekinesis with short range, sorta like Mush but less "pile of trash around cape" and more "Taylor-shaped cloud of TK'd gravel"?
>Blaster
Control of paths of projectiles inside radius?
>>
>>49126922
>>49126937
>walking home from groceries with my daughter
> get home and notice people in my lounge-room
> the slaughterhouse 9 all crammed in the room
>bonesaw makes me and my daughter play games constantly
> daughter loves it
>threatens to make her into a puppet if i don't enjoy games
>this is the second time this month this has happened
>thanks earth bet
>>
>>49127037
>This happens a third time (maybe even fourth, fifth etc.)
>Mother triggers
What would come out of it? Tinker or Thinker?
>>
>>49127053

probably Trump
>>
>>49127053
tinker, trump me thinks.
>>
>>49126763
>yfw you will never blaze hitherto unknown dank weed with Blasto while he cooks you both up a botanical waifu
>>
>>49127112
while making the meanest salad of your life that can taste like anything,truly the best character.
>>
>>49127112
>>49127136
I will forgive Bonesaw for a lot, but not what she did to him. He was too pure for this world.
>>
>>49127037
>>49127053
First thing that came to mind with playing games was video game consoles

>father, daughter and the S9 actually enjoying themselves some Mario Party
>Mother is in the back glaring
>"What's the matter ma'am? You want to play next?
>"NO! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THESE GAMES YOU'RE PLAYING! JUST GO AND RUIN SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE"
>Jack just winks
>storms out the room and locks self in her room
>opens up her desktop to play WoW or some other big MMO
>all her files are replaced with level 1 knockoffs named after the S9 and her family
>triggers
>thanks earth bet
>>
>>49127167
>implying their names aren't already taken
You just know Jack Slash is a Blood Elf
>>
>>49127166
yea that shit was whack.

>>49127167
> Mother comes out freaking out
> thinks she can take the s9
> whole s9 act like they can't attack or defend themselves and just scatter all over the house
> father and daughter have to fight her off
> fight her off but accidentally kill her
> farther looks over at tv
> triggers, because he saw he lost on mario party
>>
>>49127167
>reinstalls WoT
>logs in with MY account
>makes me look at the MM screen
>trigger

>go back to garage
>he sold my premium and reward tanks and spent all my gold on gold rounds
>second trigger
>>
File: 60665477.jpg (26KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
60665477.jpg
26KB, 600x400px
How would this guy be classified? Just straight up brute 10/mover 10?
>>
>>49127241
Brute Mover Striker 12+, which is the maximum ratings can go, only reserved for beings like the Endbringers, Scion and Eidolon.

Whether Legend is a Mover 12+ is debatable.
>>
>>49127241
>not getting the joke that ranking him is pointless
>me falling for the bait of you pretending to not know that
This triggers me, what power do I get?
>>
>>49127255
Your pretty good at every task you don't wanna do and you feel a really strong needs to do thing's you don't want to do and get a migraine if you don't do too many.
>>
>>49127271
Shit, at least I won't fail on my nofap.
>>
>>49127303
That being something you thought of alone shows that you will use this power wisely and well.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160819-112129.jpg (418KB, 1218x696px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160819-112129.jpg
418KB, 1218x696px
>>49127241
>can't kill the mosquito

I always had this stupid theory, or honestly a question, on why can't he kill the mosquito. This goes against topic in Worm so I'll turn it into a Worm question:

What if Brute X, Mover X were just sub powers to another classification that no one know's of? What if killing innocent or non-sapient entities goes against his shard's rule to make him so powerful and no one even knows it?
>>
>>49127009
I'd personally consider her actual power damn close to Shaker as far as PRT classification goes.

Trump powers are an easy extension for Queen Administrator, it's just telling another shard what to do which is it's actual job as a shard. Since it's a natural trigger it'd be restricted to all hell of course.

Lots of Thinker powers available, many of them would be Thinker/Trump in that they relate to other capes. Like understanding people's powers, or a copy of Jack Slash's actual power, Cape Empathy. Or something more along the lines of Accord, large scale Thinkering, probably focused on making people cooperate, making organizations more efficient, streamlining things. Or being able to steal/use other peoples or thing's senses.

I'd prefer not to go for anything telekinetic for QA, it feels iffy. So I can't thinks of good Brute/Blaster/Mover/Striker ones, and it isn't a Tinker shard.

>>49127241
They'd start by assigning him a decent Brute rating, or Striker depending on what their theory on him is, and smaller Mover rating if he displays much. Like Brute 4/Striker 4 Mover 2 after he goes jogging and takes out some small fry. Then later the biggest baddest villain in the town interrupts his lunch and after a public beatdown he's Brute 8/Mover 6. Then an Endbringer visits town and he's labelled Brute YES, Mover, 10.
>>
>>49127254
I had a thought. Maybe he has a trump power that lets his power scale to be able to one shot whoever he's facing.
>>
>>49127421
QA coulda been anything except straight up enhancement Brute I reckon, like most shards it can do just about anything. The Entities probably give them all different restrictions and base functions every cycle.
>>
Create a trigger for this power:
Striker with the ability to release napalm from their hands. An example would be running his hand against a wall and leaving napalm all across it, he is not immune either.
>>
>>49127543
Dad keeps burning you with his ciggies, one day he gets drunk/high/bold enough to burn you somewhere visible. Think face, and you like your face. Can't let him, not this time. Trigger and slap his oncoming hand away, fwoosh.
>>
>>49127581
that's a pretty good one, that dickhead would be getting fucked up.
>>
>>49127481
I suppose, but TK still feels like a bit of a cop-out to me, it's justifiable but it doesn't really hit how I personally think Queen Admin should feel as a power. And classifications outside of Master, Thinker, and Trump should have aspects of at least one of those in there.

For Tinker QA I'd probably go for a Trump Tinker, inspired to be able to counter specific capes, or maybe inspired by nearby tinkers. But a Synergy/Teamwork-based Tinker might be interesting, and would work well for Taylor since her Dad is part of the dock workers.

>>49127543
The weird part about this power is that you aren't immune to it. It feels a lot like a pretty cheapo Cauldron vial.
>>
create a power for this trigger:

Walking in the city one day you get hit by a mobsters car and for some reason or other he thinks you are dead. So he wraps you up and throws you into a swamp full of alligators and then you nearly get attacked by one and trigger.

>>49127607
it's supposed to be a really low level power that the character has to work around, at least to me.
>>
A Worm thread, eh? So, uh... is this the place to ask for smut fic recs? Some f/f, maybe with Panacea or Tattletale?
>>
>>49127653
theres a good one out there with taylor/sophia and some regent/imp stuff don't know what its called though
>>
>>49127778
>taylor/sophia
She always goes for the ones with dark sk- I mean powers. Powers that have to do with darkness. You know, those dark capes.
>>
>>49127792
i hate em and they stink, e88 rules tho.
>>
File: 1469095249765.jpg (152KB, 924x683px) Image search: [Google]
1469095249765.jpg
152KB, 924x683px
>>49127778
>taylor/sophia
OTP
If you happen to remember please do tell.
>>
>>49127799
here ye go big guy https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11060530/1/Mr-John-s-Storybook ,
>>
>>49127636
It's suited to Brute effects, but depending on additional details and the person in question I could totally see a Shaker or Striker effect depending if you're worried more about being in a swamp of alligators, or the one individual alligator thinking your leg looks rather tasty.

My take on it is, you're still in a lot of pain from being hit by a car, wrapped up in a rug and drifting in and out of consciousness. Your vision is partially blocked, but you can still see birds, frogs, insects, small snakes slithering around, the buzz of mosquitos is all around, you can smell how full of life this place is, and then you start hearing things coming through the water and you know the gator are coming.

You trigger as a Brute/Shaker with a low-level Anti-Life aura that weakens and eventually kills organic things in its range, adding their strength to yours ramping up the Brute portion the more is being absorbed.
>>
>>49127861
This is pretty neat, nice work. I am assuming that if nothing has been absorbed for a while the Brute effect starts dwindlind. Is the aura permanently on and the person in question has to be careful if they want to be near people or would that maybe seem like too big of a downside?
>>
>>49127896
For the first part, yeah, maybe with a sort-of reservoir. You've got a baseline durability/strength increase, and can expend energy to ramp it up or regenerate wounds. Once it's full you can't store any more, but you can always directly turn absorbed life into super-strength even if any excess is just discarded.

I'd put the aura as always on, because I'm a bit of a dick, but it can be dialed down to the level where people around him just get sick more often, wounds heal slowly, and if he has a picnic the grass won't look that good by the end.
>>
>>49127241
Trump 12.

Think about it. His main characteristic is that he's better than you. You're strong and fast? He's stronger and faster. You can take a ton of punishment? He can take more.

He's probably got some innate Brute and Mover power too, since he goes up against non-powered people, but his main classification should be Trump.
>>
Trigger event:

The only thing you have left in the world are your friends, they have been more of family to you than your blood relatives and it has been like that since your teens. One night your group decided to go out drinking but you declined wanting to stay home once, only a few hours later comes a call from the hospital that they have been in a car accident. You rush to the hospital and to your luck find out that they all survived, even if injured.
From here on it was downhill, it started slowly as they seemed more distant towards you. You start suspecting that they are going out without you but they dodge every question you ask. As you getting ignored is getting more blatant and even your girfriend unformally breaks up and seems to be together with one of your friends in the group now you start breaking down. After a few months you decide to secretly follow and confront them for leaving you behind when you get attacked by some thugs from a local gang. They manage to rough you up before some heroes arrive and save you, you are thankful at first but as the heroes start reacting in a weird manner to you, you see that based on body type and mannerism they all seem awfully familar.
As realization sets in you trigger.
>>
>>49128065
That's not how Trump works, he doesn't get new powers, grant powers or interfere with the powers of others. He's only always infinitely strong/durable, and nothing else.
>>
>>49128088
Why would realising all your friends are heroes now be the worst day of your life enough to make you trigger?
>>
>>49127653
there's a dude on quesitonable questing with some good taylor/lisa and taylor/amy stuff, and a bunch of other things too. https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/angushs-attempts-at-alleviating-awfulness-worm-oneshots-snippets.3280/

super vanilla. oops and immaculate were pretty good in particular. i think they're both on archive of our own too. not sure about the rest tho.
>>
Alright, we all agree that Dragon is best girl right?
>>
>>49129319
No.
>>
File: Shadow Stalker.jpg (127KB, 765x990px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Stalker.jpg
127KB, 765x990px
>>49129319
move over
>>
>>49129319
Yes. Ciara is a close second.
>>
>>49129319
Dragon is best girl, Bonesaw is best daughter. Bitch is a good girl and is fine just the way she is.
>>
>>49129319
Absolutely.
>>
>>49126817

Some dude is running a kinda slow one over here about a genetics tinker: https://www.rpnation.com/rp/260-tinker-quest/

It's okay, but I'm kinda wishing he'd just hurry the fuck up.
>>
Does Worm even have a chance of being successful after it gets an official release?
>>
>>49130048
who knows? We might be hitting market capeshit saturation with all the stuff marvel and dc churn out
>>
>>49130048
A chance, sure. It already has a readerbase and community.
>>
Alright, so I'm kind of confused. Is there a conflict-resolution system for Weaver Dice? Because I'm having trouble seeing it... maybe it's somewhere under these character creation rules that I'm just not seeing?
>>
>>49130081
>implying that conflict can ever be resolved
>implying shards won't fuck their host up to continue it
>>
>>49130150
Wow, Weaver Dice's game design has some serious postmodern shit
>>
>>49130081

By "conflict resolution" do you mean "Punching each other in the face?"
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_glfQsPjDklbeZatO1Gsr5I3VNnGmESNUU2P28jL1x4/edit#heading=h.hxd67kdyilx

btw - Wildbow posted a WeaverDice update yesterday, there's finally armour rules! Now with 4% less sudden death!
>>
>>49130048

Worm already has more of a fanbase than most genre fiction, despite being a a first draft and a cult work that can only be found online via word of mouth. If you check Goodreads, it already has thousands of overwhelmingly positive reviews there.

Worm, as a world, has a spark the likes of which I haven't seen since Harry Potter. If Wildbow can polish the work into one of genuine quality, Worm is poised to be very successful in the mainstream, with a bit of luck.
>>
>>49130355
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_glfQsPjDklbeZatO1Gsr5I3VNnGmESNUU2P28jL1x4/edit#heading=h.hxd67kdyilx

I mean, yes. I'll look at this when I get the chance. Thank you!
>>
>>49128296
>https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/angushs-attempts-at-alleviating-awfulness-worm-oneshots-snippets.3280/
Appears dead.
>>
I only ever hear of people having played Weaver Dice in 1 on 1 sessions orginized on the IRC channel, does anyone here have experience with running or having played proper Worm games with multiple player characters?
>>
>>49132474
IRL I have. It's overall really fun as long as you follow some of the pointers for character creation then use houserules to shore up unfinished portions. Also never running Tinkers as it says to in the book.

With multiple people it works fine, the ones I had were focused on parahumans in the Protectorate and a gang brought together by a mysterious benefactor to hunt down dangerous capes. It works well as long as there's a good reason for them to be in a group.
>>
>>49126854
mfw cauldron was right
>>
Who was best dad? Sad Dad? Prison Dad? Murder Dad? Gay Dad?
>>
>>49132751
Probably prison dad. The Marquis had integrity, and they only took him down because he handicapped himself.
>>
>>49129319
Mouse Protector is best, Dragon is second.
>>
>>49132751
Gay dad, because he's one of the least awful characters in the setting.
>>
>>49132751
Dr. Light Dad
>>
>>49132825
He's a pretty sweet dad, but he didn't even try to raise his kids.
>>
>>49132849
That's hardly his fault.
>>
>>49132825
Who?
>>
>>49133002
Richter
>>
>>49132891
I mean even before he died.
>>
>>49132751

Gay Dad > Prison Dad > Union Dad > Hitler Dad
>>
>>49127653

Heaven and Hell on qq is good, if you like off putting not-quite-mind-control stuff.

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/heaven-and-hell-worm.3793/

P.S. Madison is best girl.
>>
>>49133144
Does Hitler Dad really count, though?
>>
>>49130048
It will only be popular amongst Tumblrinas and you faggots.
>>
>>49133144
There's also greyscale striped dad and depressed vegetable, but they are terrible.

>>49133188
He's a dad, of course he counts.
>>
>>49130063
I still think Worm can fill a niche, even with all the cape stuff going on.
>>
>>49132825

Richter was an awful dad. He trusted his kids so little that he empowered a fool to relentlessly abuse them.
>>
>>49133213
He's a dad by technicality.
>>
Can Blasto be considered a dad to his creatures?
>>
>>49133537
I doubt they are sapient, so no.
He does get to be a benevolent creator, but we don't really know how he acted towards his creations.
>>
>Dragon will probably be assfucked by Simurgh in Worm II

It hurts.
>>
>>49133618
Why? The Simurgh is under Tattle's control.
>>
>>49133650
>control
I mean, if that's what you want to call "going along because she's aimless and bored".
>>
File: 156029.jpg (32KB, 224x350px) Image search: [Google]
156029.jpg
32KB, 224x350px
>>49133650
>>
>>49128117
The realization is that they all left you behind and kept you in the fucking dark.
>>
I'm so hyped for Worm 2, because of Riley and Ciara. They probably won't be main characters but knowing their sheer power and possibilities they should play a big part.
>>
>>49128117
>>49133766
The guy who originally wrote it here, honestly now that I think about it, really is a weak trigger.

After posting I tried thinking of a better ending because I liked the set up enough but I couldn't figure anything out besides maybe having the friends be villains and rob the guy and only realize who he is in the process, but then again why would a group of capes bother robbing a just a guy?

Alternatively; he doesn't trigger immediately but spends the next few weeks agonizing about being abandoned by the only people he ever cared about and being lied to, his super friends continue to ignore him and maybe he starts doing something irrational like blaming superpowers instead of blaming them for being shitty people before he ironically triggers from all this stress.

Anyways sorry for the shitty inital prompt.
>>
>>49133992
There are so many universes that there is no assurance of that. But I hope so.
>>
>>49134071
It would be a waste to not use the same setting.
>>
>>49134030
He could wind up similar to Bonesaw, a Tinker with an understanding of how powers do.
>>
>>49133992

New Triumvirate of Dragon, Bonesaw and Glaistig Uaine should be quite a thing.
>>
>>49133650
>Why? The Simurgh is under Tattle's control

All according to keikaku.
>>
>>49135039
Hero, (???), Eidolon, and Legend.

Bonesaw doesn't really fit, needs an Alexandria cape.
>>
>>49135231
She can mod herself for that.
>>
>>49136072

>>>>>>moddable waifu

why is she so perfect
>>
>>49136150
She can also CLONE you a perfect waifu, genetically designed to be so.
Or many. Possibilities are endless.
>>
>>49137413
Forgot to say she can clone you multiple versions of your waifu.
Want a loli? Bam.
Want a hot MILF? Bam.
Everything in between and any combination thereof? Bam bam bam.
>>
How do guns work in Weaver Dice? Or, since its not there, can you guys give me some qualities & shit?
>>
What's Nilbog's fate? I cannot remember.
>>
>>49137722
Alive, sane (?), helping Valkyrie and Riley resurrect people.
>>
>>49132238
what are you talking about? the latest post in that thread was like a week ago. and the oops thread is super active. I think the hes just a bit slow.
>>
>>49137722

Setting Clock up to get some of that sweet, sweet valkyrie ass.
>>
>>49138235
I doubt it. Ciara is in her 30s IIRC and just looks very young because lol powers.
>>
>>49138365

You can't stop the Clock.
>>
>>49127816
> https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11060530/1/Mr-John-s-Storybook

Didn't think I'd like Taylor/Sophia, but that was pretty good. Thanks.

>>49128296
> https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/angushs-attempts-at-alleviating-awfulness-worm-oneshots-snippets.3280/

Some good stuff here too. The Fantasy Worm one is a bit weird, but Oops and Immaculate were a legit pleasure to read. Shame neither of these guys are very prolific.

>>49133183
> https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/heaven-and-hell-worm.3793/

Yeah, I've been reading this. It's okay. I don't like Madison much, and it's very repetitive and boring at times. Liking the Panacea parts though.

>>49132238
>Appears dead.

I don't think so. I read through a lot of the comments on Oops, ad the author talks alot about being a slow writer. I'm content to just reread til he posts something new.
>>
>>49137575
I imagine they work like other weapons, but you can hit people at range:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D_A35l704CFsLlp1V5SOrCnuOOqr5B8_66pvPtscSUM/edit#heading=h.h32rpgyjivbh
>>
A couple eldion questions.
When he drains the power from a dead parahuman, does the shard itself still retain power and go on to select a new host? Also assuming he figured out about that part of his powers early on, how often would he need to drain shards to stay at 'peak'?
>>
>>49139570
Ask Wildbow
>>
>>49126890
...what???
at most I just rambled till the thread autosaged
>>
What sort of voice do you read character's lines in, if any?

I keep hearing Coil as Scarecrow from Arkham Knight.
>>
>>49140712
Coil always sounded like the Godfather to me
>>
>>49140712
There's an audiobook that someone is doing that is either done or nearly done for it. The voices are all done by different volunteers. Obviously it's not the same thing as what you read in your head but still pretty neat.
>>
>>49138372
You can when you consider he didn't survive the Golden Morning.
>>
>>49141051
I hear him as either Slade from Teen Titans or Quan Chi from MKX
>>
Who is best Tinker and why is it Kid Win
>>
>>49142699
Kid win isn't even that good by his own acknowledgement though, not to mention blasto is literally god tier tinker.
>>
>>49142699
Hero because _he[/spoiler got his powers from a cauldron vial and as such it was more or less a totally unrestricted shard for wave-length manipulation technology. Meaning that, if _he hadn't died eventually he'd have been nearly as powerful as scion
>>
>>49142799
that's being a bit liberal with the setting and power levels, the entities restricted their shards in certain ways. So there would be no way he would be getting close to scion, he may have gotten really strong but not that much.
>>
>>49143090
>the entities restricted their shards in certain ways
That's exactly what made Hero, Alexandria, Legend and [Spoiler]Eidolon[/Spoiler] so dang powerful compared to the rest, they all got Shards not intended for general consumption from Eden as such, they were lacking those restrictions.
>>
>>49143237
they were still changed otherwise the people wouldn't have been able to use them not to mention the shards were going to get bonded to people anyway so they are still changed so they don't fuck the people up.
>>
>>49143256
They were also all early cauldron vials, so no not really much in the way restrictions.
>>
>>49143290
regardless one of the most powerful shards was contessa's that she got almost straight from an entity and she had nothing on scion. Nothing shows that hero would have been that strong either comparatively.
>>
>>49143370
You mean after she got crippled by Eden before that she would have basically killed scion no problem. These were unrestricted shards direct from the source with little to no balance/restrictions.
>>
>>49143622
her power didn't work on scion and it gives her the path to victory and with scion there is no path for that especially if it's just her on him.
>>
>Foil's power worked even on Scion, and can potentially kill Endbringers
We need more of her.
>>
>>49140712
I couldn't help but hear Coil as Skullface from Metal Gear Solid 5, made it hard to take him serious.
>>
>>49143653
It didn't work on Scion because Eden restricted Path to Victory right after Contessa used it on Eden, so she learned the flawless path to killing -one- entity and then got locked from using Path on Entity-level stuff so she had to improvise and work around from there.
Eden's last-ditch restrictions probably extended to a lot of her Vital Shards too, since by that point she probably knew she was dead.
>>
>>49144657
Foil's "Sting" was a "perfected" attack shard, the Entities had refined it enough that it had been in it's current state for Eons.
>>
So how does the middle east look in Worm? And how about Israel and Palestine?

About the same, just with Parahumans?
>>
>>49145113
Middle East seems to be still royally fucked, as Miss Militia shows in her interlude.
>>
>>49145113
I think if Wildbow never specifically mentioned a geographical location we can just assume that it's the same but worse, plus superpowers.
>>
>>49141333
He got resurrected, probably. We'll see if his mind is intact.
>>
So, anons, Cauldron has made you an offer: they're giving you a Cauldron vial, free of charge, in exchange for you travelling to Earth Bet to join the superheroic organization of their choice.

You get to pick any one vial from this document, or a vial that's a mix of any two on the list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aHyZ7c7TIgt903mPinOakrgli2WZu5IRtiGYPCnCqDE/edit#gid=390344990

What vial do you pick, anons?
>>
>>49145944
banshee-"Breaker state forbids normal movement, but allows teleportation, with a shaker effect radiating out a short distance on arrival.
". sounds pretty useful if used well and just a cool power.
>>
>>49145944
I offer instead to be their direct agent, regardless of me taking the vial or not.

Superheroes are just not for me, I'd like to make a REAL difference, presented with an opportunity like that.
>>
>>49145944

I like Brand, myself. That, or Falchion.
>>
>>49146234
Brand/Falchion? You get the power to imbue items with the power of serial explosions. You pick up a sword and imbue it, and it's like a machine gun shooting hand grenades that detonate at point-blank range. This is particularly effective if you activate this power after your sword is already inside your enemy's body.

You're also immune to damage from explosions.

Roll to 2d20 see if you Deviate; if you roll a one on either, you do.
>>
Rolled 4, 10 = 14 (2d20)

>>49146186

You won't. In the future that emerges, unpowered humans are useless. The feudal order features parahumans, and the only sane option is to get powers as soon as possible, by any means possible.

>>49146700

Rollin'.
>>
>>49146723
>In the future that emerges, unpowered humans are useless.
Implying.
>>
>>49146776

Yes! Yes, I won the lottery! I'm a superhuman! I'm one of the ruling caste in the future to come, you can all go to hell!

Apart from that, it's true. Society was so thoroughly destroyed that unpowered humans are an actual liability. More, the superhuman creation process is breaking down because Scion is dead.

It's Cauldron vials or an agonizing death.
>>
>>49146795
>Society was so thoroughly destroyed that unpowered humans are an actual liability
Im-fucking plying.

Besides, if Cauldron is offering, Scion hasn't happened yet. And at that time the two most powerful human beings in the multiverse are unpowered.
>>
>>49146814

At the end of the story, they literally go around and give everyone who wants a Cauldron vial one, because they need cannon fodder to fight Scion.
>>
>>49146153
We'd need more context to determine how the variable parts of your power turn out, anon. Mixing vials can give the powers some context for each other, but normally, they pull from the life circumstances and personality of the person who drinks them.

For instance, in the case of the Banshee vial, someone with a massive raging temper might create blasts of fire when they teleport, while a NEET who spends all day watching Hatsune Miku videos because they can't stand human contact might generate a horde of illusions around themselves upon teleporation.
>>
>>49146886
Then they would tell me about it, not tell me to join a superhero org.
>>
>>49146936

I don't get it. The only real reason to pass up on powers is the risk of mutation. It's the difference between being an Exalt and not being one.

Even if it's a shitty power, it's still a power.
>>
>>49146995
Also the mental fuckery. Cauldron capes have less of it, but not 0.

In my original comment I didn't say I'd decline the vial, just that superheroing a shit as a way to actually make a difference. I'd rather work for those that can make a difference than beat up criminals for a living.
>>
>>49145944
Shatter + Pinball
I'm basically Madcap but a good guy.
>>
>>49147255
Assault was a good guy.
>>
>>49147277

No, he wasn't. Assault was kind of a prick, but Worm illustrates precisely why superpowers are essential.

He never killed anyone, but he made money from jailbreaks, helping the dangerous, guilty and murderous to escape. Then when he gets caught, he goes "I'm happy to flip sides. I never killed anyone, see? I'm a harmless villain. All the lives I inadvertently ruined, that's not on me, is it?"

And it works. Legend goes "Yeah, he's a bit of a dick, but we need his firepower." He gets a clean slate as a good citizen, and he even gets the girl! If not for his powers, he'd have been fucked. He doesn't even have to say 'sorry'!
>>
>>49147352
He became a good guy, not started as one.
>>
>>49147396

Arguably, he just changed sides.
>>
>>49147398
IIRC he genuinely becomes a decent dude.
>>
>>49145944
Unary+Deadeye
my specialization SHOULD be having a badass robo-arm cannon and Adam Jensen sunglasses that provide zoom function and such.
>>
>>49147398
did you forget the absolutely adorable scene where he was dealing with children and Ballistic realized he wasn't all that bad, even if he's a bit of an asshole?
>>
>>49147435

Yeah, he wasn't really that bad. He never was. He just didn't change much, the way Marquis was actually a decent guy beneath the whole 'supervillain' thing.
>>
>>49147277
What are you talking about? Assault and Madcap had completely different powers and were completely different people. Next you'll tell me The Triumvirate are part of some kind of illuminati plot and that Skitter killed Alexandria.
>>
>>49147435
Ballistic was hanging out with Assault? That sounds crazy, villain and heroes hanging out. Shit they'd actually make as decent team.
>>
>>49147509
I still don't buy the whole "teenagers managed to take of over the city" thing, maybe Xx_Voidcowboy_xX was right for once and the illuminati was involved somehow.
>>
>>49147352
>He gets a clean slate as a good citizen, and he even gets the girl! If not for his powers, he'd have been fucked. He doesn't even have to say 'sorry'!

It's almost like they need every superhero possible on deck against city-killing kaiju or something.
>>
>>49145944
I see very little in there that appeals to me on its own. Most of it seems to just be explosions. Admittedly, explosions can be quite pretty, but it'd wear thin after a while. Get an alert, go out, explode some guy's spleen, hand them over to the medics and cops, go back. Just another 9 to 5 menial job really.

Combining Jack (line 18) and Sigmund (line 32) could be a quite powerful and interesting combination, however. Possibly allowing for a feedback loop where you improve someone else's skills and then learn them yourself, which in turn _might_ enable you to improve these skills even further in the other person and so on.

Another interesting combination would be McCoy (line 20) and Slink (line 34). Biotinkering combined with innate shapeshifting should allow for some truly astounding self-modification.
>>
>>49141333

>he doesn't know

CAN'T STOP THE CLOCK
>>
>>49145944
Clad. We Dragon lite now.
>>
>>49147352
>he even gets the girl!
More like the girl gets him. A natural trigger that isn't a prick and becomes best husbando?

Holy shit, stop the fucking presses.
>>
>>49149116
>becomes best husbando
That's not how you spell Legend.
>>
>>49147352
>he even gets the girl!
And then he lost her. Fuck Bonesaw, man.
>>
>>49149151
Bonesaw had no hand in this, it was Crawler who turned her into acid.
>>
>>49149170
She died to mecha-spiders during the red mist.
>>
>>49145113

Apparently it's very different. Due to Scion's appearance in the early 80's (stopping the Cold War), there wasn't a lot of proxy bullshit and Soviet shenanigans going on. So religious extremism never got the same hold. But there's lot of old conflicts and shit still, and it is still muslim, so it's hardly a first world area.

So, like for the rest of the world, the early age of parahumans was essentially a golden age for the middle east, but after that stuff just kept getting worse.
>>
>>49145008

Also worth remembering that it was specifically mentioned by Scion as a shard for attacks back on their homeworld. So, for use against other entities. It's entirely possible it hasn't seen any actual use in the big space-borne version of the species.

It's entirely possible that even the full-on version wouldn't have any use any more.
>>
>>49149913
well, Scion was clearly still trying to "improve" on it, otherwise it wouldn't have been handed out (in fact, it was handed out in a multi-trigger, which, IIRC, are specifically created to experiment with power interactions)
>>
>>49149988

Might be like the QA shard and Dinah's precog power. Stuff handed out because it might lead to *something*, given that Eden was dead.
>>
>>49127421

My personal theory is that Taylor's Queen Administrator Shard actually had a Trump aspect that was constantly fucking with people around her. It made her harder to kill by capes, the way Jack's Thinker power made him impossible to beat in a straight fight - His actual blade-extension ability was small potatoes compared to that.

It would explain her plot armor.
>>
>>49150256
If I recall, Wildbow rolled to see who died in every major battle. Taylor just kept passing her rolls, but the story was ready and plenty of characters were groomed to become MC had she ever kicked the bucket.
>>
>>49150256
>It would explain her plot armor.

Taylor's plot armor was already explained in-story, though. It even had a a name, and that name was 'Coil'.
>>
>>49150719
And when her plot armor actively turned on her?
>>
>>49150758

Then she lost, hard. Every gambit she tried ultimately failed, and Coil had her at his mercy.

Only Rachael, and Coil's own personal issues, gave Tattletale a chance to enact the plan she'd been building up for some time.

Taylor had nothing to do with that victory, except for surviving the trap in the house.
>>
What are some Worm powers that are impossible to translate into actual play? I'm talking about Coils power for example, Taylors power also seems like borderline bullshit.
>>
Had a character idea based on an old idea in a M&M 3e game.

Part 1

By Definition I think he'd be a Thinker-Trump but with minor Tinker stuff.

He was an congressional intern at the Legislation office in Washington when parahumans started popping up. While he kept a smile in the workplace he was battling crippling depression because of his father slowing dying of cancer the previous year and his mother developing dementia because of genetic terminal heart disease.

His main fear is that he won't be there for his mother in her time of need and/or be unable to provide for her care. This is because he was called to work during the precipice of a government sequester and during that time, his father fell into a coma and passed away afterwards. He knows that his mother doesn't see it that he abandoned his father for work but deep down he feels that he did. When his mother became ill afterwards he made sure to keep working to provide for her care but still fears that he will be called to work and something could happen similar to his father.

Upon parahumans getting more and more prevalent in the news, people put pressure on the government to find a way to regulate parahumans and the damage they can do to the populace.

Being swamped with work and prepping parahumans and congressmen alike to prepare for the Hero Initiative bill had him on the brink of a mental breakdown. However with the new registration the Hero Initiative created, there were many people against the bill and held congress in a stalemate.

Meanwhile a woman with parahuman powers had been hospitalized below his mother during her triggering. She had driven into an electrical pole and the wires snapped and fell upon her. She had gained the ability to absorb and emit electricity from this event and was subconsciously using her power while in the hospital. While his mother was getting a scan of her pacemaker, the woman's powers awakened and sent uncontrolled surges of electricity across the hospital.
>>
>>49151082

All powers, to some extent, since in the story they weren't really played with game-based rules. How would you represent Bitch and Foil cutting off Behemoth's leg with rules, for example? Sure you could do it, but it wouldn't necessarily be easy or exact.

Thing about Worm is that everyone that had powers was doing their best to use them to their own advantage. They were exploiting them to the best of their individual abilities, and they didn't need to worry about how the dice would affect things.

Now, that said, probably any precog power would be right out, and a lot of the more esoteric thinker powers would be difficult to work with. As well as an master power that could affect other players.
>>
>>49151129

Part 2

Computers overloaded, life support failed, and many people in ICU or hooked up to machines were electrocuted. Sadly his mother and her physcians were victims of this accident and died from their bodies frying because of the electricity. Especially his mother and her care nurse because they were the closest to the monitoring equipment.

The woman who's powers went haywire fled in fear of the repercussions she would face.

As this happened the television in the concession room tuned into the breaking news about the incident. While others were licking their lips at the opportunity to validate the bill, he was worried about his mother being a victim of the incident.

He tried to leave but as part of the rules of the congressional hearing, no one can leave until a concession can be made about the bill.

Two days passed as he was trapped in the halls of congress, unable to call to verify about his mother's well being and swamped with more paperwork. Only by the ironic circumstances of his work did he see a ledger containing a speech for a local congressman that contained all the deceased victims of the Hospital Incident. He gasped and broke into tears as he read down the list and saw that his mother's name was on the list along with a description of her gruesome death.

He knew the congressman would use her to pass the bill but that was only a footnote in the echo chamber of his mind. His worst fears came to be that he was not there for his mother in her time of need. He dropped his work and locked himself into a private bathroom as he cried himself to sleep.

On the third day, tragedy struck once again as villains attacked the congress building to kill those who were for the Hero Initiative and the registration act attached to it.

While others fled, he was awakened from his dreary slumber by explosions and screaming. As he opened the door he saw parahumans attacking the fleeing congressmen and their assistants.
>>
>>49151351
This is rough shit, great job I love it.
>>
>>49151351

Part 3

At first he wanted to close the door and hide but a feeling of anger and despair swept over him. A parahuman killed his mother when he couldn't be there for her, parahumans were attacking the building, and in the end he too would die by parahuman hands.

As he started to break down he started hearing the voices of people screaming from outside the door. He doesn't know why but something urged him to open it and face those who were attacking the building.

As he opened the door he noticed a ring of light around him. A parahuman saw him and proceeded to try to slam into him using her speed powers. However as soon as she entered into the ring of light her powers failed her and went flying crashing as her legs snapped because of the loss of her secondary power of superhuman physique. Noticing the woman flying above him he turned around and saw that where she stepped there was an orb of light floating around the edge of the circle. Upon touching it he felt his body start to vibrate as she began speeding up like the parahuman who attacked him. Her memories and thoughts pertaining to the attack and her powers flooded his mind and sent him reeling to the ground.

As he regained his footing he realized what just happened. Somehow he was able to neutralize and copy her powers and current memories/thoughts. He then ran into the congress hall but burst through the doors because of his acquired super speed and strength. He saw two parahumans about to attack more members of congress and began to speed into them. As soon as he got within range the ring of light flashed again as two more orbs of light started circling around him. He touched both and gained their powers and memories, this time fireslinging and more super strength.

While the villains tried to use their powers they noticed that nothing was happening and proceeded to run away. As he tended to his fellow workers he could hear the other villains retreating.
>>
>>49151668
Trump 10 seems like a good classification for this one, and holy mother of balls it's strong, unless there's a time limit for how long he can keep powers?
>>
>>49151668

Part 4

Anger rose again from the pits of his anguish. They weren't getting away with this, and now he has the power to make sure they don't.

Using his acquired powers he began fighting the remaining villains until parahumans for the Hero Initiative (aka Capes) appeared on the scene. They were greeted to the scene of him bloodied and bruised with several villains lying unconcious around him. As he looked up and saw them, he smiled in relief as his body finally gave out and he fell into a slump.

He woke up in a hospital surrounded by capes and government officials. He could hear the press outside his door, ready to have his head.

As he rubbed his eyes with a sorrowful expression, a congressman approached him and said this.

"Jesus Christ kid lighten up! You're a hero! We got press ready to hear about the kid who saved half the ass of congress. If I were you I'd figure out what you'd want to call yourself. Don't want the people giving you a pet name you'd hate Chancellor."

As the congressman finished his speech, the door burst open and the media came rushing into room.

"Did you have any involvement with the parahumans who attacked congress? How did you obtain your powers? What are your powers?", the media gang asked in a frenzy.

While still reeling from his injuries, all he said was that he wanted to rest.

"You can't cancel on us Chancellor? The people want to know who you really are", asked one of the newsreporters.

Then the name came to him for his heroism. He turned back to the media gang and said this to them.

"Too many people lost their lives yesterday and days before that because of unchecked parahumans. The Hero Intiative is what we need to curb the proceeding tide of aggression and I will make sure to register as soon as I recover from my injuries.", he said

"But what do we call you?", asked a media in unison."

"Call me Chancellor, Chancellor Canceller.", he said.

Thus begins Chancellor Canceller's rise to fame.
>>
>>49145944
Deus if only so i can finally have a stand
>>
>>49151701
>>49151968

Part 5 probably final part.

It's not permanent and his main power is that he creates a ring of light around him that robs Parahumans and endbringer creatures of their powers temporarily. As long as they are in range of his ring which is about 20 foot radius centered on him when he concentrates, then their powers are completely cancelled. It moves with him while he's using it and gets stronger with each orb absorbed, gaining a foot in radius per absorbed orb. As long as he focused on the ring he can use the powers robbed from enemies. However the powers he acquires fade after he drops concentration and he can only hold up to 5 powers at a time though. Gaining any new powers after obtaining 5 replaces the oldest power obtained.

As an extra thing orbs are translucent balls of light but they each have a color based on their powers and peering into them shows reflections of the person that the orb is synced to. Upon absorbing an orb, Chancellor Canceller gets their powers of course but also their memories up to about 24 hours. As long as they stay with the rings effect though, he can read their mind as long as he's synced with that orb.

He can only gain orbs from enemies until they step into his circle. Once they are "cancelled" they will not produce another orb until they regain their powers.

Once out of the circle range, enemies slowly regain use of their powers. Weaker ones might take several hours to a maximum of 24 hours but strong people like Eidolon, Jack, or even Taylor would just be left powerless for about 1-5 minutes.

Later on he starts studying on building technology synced with his energy ring that can expand it's radius, track down people who stepped in it, and store orbs for later use.

Personality wise he's an overall good guy but believes that parahumans must be made accountable for their powers and actions for the good of the people. He slowly rises in politics until he becomes a congressman dealing in metahuman affairs.
>>
>>49152183

Added effect is that as a congressman he also helps the government in bridging the gap between government and parahumans plus his power can help stop mishaps like last time by canceling out other parahumans powers.

One of his tinker machines are poles and manacles that create a field similar to his Cancel ring. The poles can be used to create a weak field that can help detect parahumans and suppress average metahuman powers. Taylor, Eidolon, etc could probably resist it but it takes energy, concentration, and effort away from them to do so. The manacles however cancel out people just like his ring though but must be attached on at both arms and/or legs to create the feedback field on a parahuman.

Because of the above he's one of the golden boys for congress and the people. Many might see his ability as dangerous, especially since his tinker stuff can rob parahumans of their powers while shackled or in range. Others love him because he can provide a sense of safety in these troubled times.

I'd roleplay him as a moderately conservative politician but he actually cares about the people and knows the threat parahumans can be to others. He doesn't want them eradicated or subjugated but he'd go all out if any one of them posed a threat to the population.

Expect him to be troubled with building rapport with the nation while being parahuman, parahumans seeing him as a sellout, and also balancing a hero career along with politics.
>>
>>49152371

Sorry meant to post to >>49152209
>>
>>49152371
It's more than a little too powerful to fit into Worm, but nonetheless I like it. Not sure if the trigger warrants the Tinker part though.
>>
>>49152371
>>49152209
>>49151968
>>49151668
>>49151351
>>49151129
Too OP, will get either Cauldron'd or Contessa'd depending on if the Path decides he needs to die.
>>
>>49152736
I understood so that he copied some tinkers' powers and then built that stuff.
>>
Can you guys help me figure out this power's trigger? I know it's a Shaker classification but I don't know what would be the exact trauma surrounding it.

If this were a Cauldron vial I think it would be called Blur, not that I intend this to be a Cauldron cape.

This cape has the ability to physically handle and perceive after images of motion; blurs. Blurs that are physically handled by the cape still physically affect the matter it's following like a large leash. Blurs grasped by the user are much more malleable and easier to manipulate with the ability to snag something in momentum; stopping an average human is easy, stopping a train takes a lot more effort, but possible. He can also create condensed blurs; these special blurs gain weight and mass depending on how long the old blur stays in motion. Doing so requires the user to bisect the blur from its original matter and keep it in motion for as long as possible. They have the capabilities to create small, solid orbs of motion and then, with enough time, heavy lashes of hard light(?) with range depending on the time spent to furl it.
>>
>>49153443
Had to deal with something that was HAYAI? Maybe a rockfall? Shakers were environmental dangers, IIRC.
>>
>>49126817
Please stay on your containment board.
>>
>>49153744
Please go and stay go
>>
>>49129437
>Bitch is a good girl
atta boy
>>
>>49149197
Nigga what. Did you even read Worm?
>>
>>49153943
That's literally what happened. Bonesaw's spiders killed her while she was chasing Bonesaw, Jack Slash and Skitter while running around in the red mist.
>>
>>49153995
Nigga.

What.

She got sprayed by Crawler's acid, and died from it after days of suffering in hospital bed while Assault watched. It was fucking sad as shit.
>>
>>49154009
You are mixing Glory Girl, who got sprayed by Crawler, and Battery, who got swarmed by Bonesaw's spiders and ended up dying in hospital in front of Assault.
>>
>>49154009
Not who you were replying to, but nah brah, she really did get poisoned by a Bonesaw spider, and died rather tragically in the hospital.

Crawlers acid was Glory Girl.
>>
File: Worm Bitch By Sandara.jpg (153KB, 1149x696px) Image search: [Google]
Worm Bitch By Sandara.jpg
153KB, 1149x696px
>>49153850
Bitch was definitely one of the top tier waifus and she never did anything wrong.
>>
>>49153603
What's HAYAI?
>anime meme
Still don't know what it means.

But would would landslides or avalanches crashing from above go along with this trigger?

I thought all powers were supposed to be ironic fuck you's to those gaining powers with no one to fix what happened.
>>
>>49154222
Hayai = fast.
>>
>>49154222
It's the standard "He's fast!" reaction. Maybe someone they love got rockslided with them. So hey, you can stop moving stuff now, sure is nice. Shame your waifu is kill.
>>
>>49154237
OK, that makes a bit more sense now.

What's better?
>fell off a cliff, survived, then rocks fell

OR

>dropped something off the cliff, climbed down, something is stuck in the cliff, grab it, causes rockfall
>>
>>49154344
First is more realistic tbqh.
>>
>>49154298
I need a trigger event that coincides with this description here >>49153443 .

I thought of making a personality for him but with no true trigger event what's the point?

So should I go for HAYAI rockslide?
>>
>>49154205
>Fiercely loyal
>Wants to follow, not to lead
>Deeply cares for her dogs
>Power is literally puppies
>Wears a short skirt
top tier waifu
>>
>>49154411
>Impossible to approach
>Impossible to stay on her good graces
>Will sic her dogs at you on the slightest provocation, real or not
Shit tier waifu. I'm also more of a cat person, myself.
>>
We need to stop not talking about Pact. To that end: stat Blake Thorburn.

(Did Pact produce much fan art? I remember trying to find pictures of Blake's mermaid waifu about a year ago and failing miserably)
>>
>>49154645
Medium construct, chaotic good
high-ish Str, below average Dex, inhuman Con
Cha > Int > Wis, but none of them *very* low.
Vulnerable to fire
Regenerates slowly if given fresh wood or bone
Sword attack does normal +1 sword damage, half of which can't be healed without a Remove Curse or similar.
Rogue-like sneak attack ability.
Ritual caster.
>>
>>49154459
>Impossible to approach
She accepts tribute (like most females)
>Impossible to stay on her good graces
Easy as fuck - talk little, feed her, responds well to belly rubs
>Will sic her dogs at you on the slightest provocation, real or not
only until you assert your dominance, then she regards you as alpha and doesn't fight back
>cat person
look who has shit tastes now!
>>
>>49155033
All of those attempts will see you dogged to death. She's the alpha, and will allow nobody else to be.
>>
>>49155033
>only until you assert your dominance
That would not go well, but she is a sub's wet dream.
>>
>>49126817

Panacea Quest.
>>
>>49126734
I dislike the Opening Post. It's kitsch, and mistaken. Somebody should fix that.
>>
>>49126817
Seriously? Read Weaver Dice games. Sicol Bend and some of Cleveland is really good.
>>
>>49155428
I agree, I think it should be something more descriptive.
>>
>>49127241
WoG that Saitama beats Behemoth with one punch.

Saitama is classified Striker: Run.
>>
>>49155478
The force needed to breach the core would be pretty fucking catastrophic.
>>
Huh, Shy Guardsman is writing a fic for this. Weird.
>>
>>49155616
I don't disagree, but Saitama's shtick is 'I win.' Wildbow's acknowledging that, and saying that indeed, he wins.
>>
>>49155478
Yeah, because Wildbow actually gets the point of that story.
>>
>>49155194
>>49155243
Which is totally why she was dominant over Brian and he couldn't kick the shit out of her without repercussion whenever she acted up.
Oh wait, no, that's exactly the opposite of how it shook down.
Bitch is a Beta. And not in the sense it's usually used on 4chan. She doesn't want to lead - she's far too insecure, she wants to be led, and is happiest when someone else is in charge, asserting control and establishing the pack rules.
>>
>>49126907
Remember that ratings are based on the threat they pose to other people, not as a measure of how 'powerful' they are.
>>
>>49155940
Uh, no, that isn't it in the slightest. You completely missed her character arc, didn't you? I mean, did you even read anything that she did post-Leviathan? She becomes a very capable Alpha of her pack.
>>
Remind me, what do the endbringers do after eldion dies?
>>
>>49156147
They go dormant, except for the Simurgh who's following Tattletale (or is under Tattletale's control, I don't remember) and Khonsu who's following someone (possibly Trickster) in Teacher's retinue.
>>
>>49156190
so if someone else found them would they imprint and start doing what they said?
>>
>>49156292
Possibly.
>>
>>49156292
Right. And besides the 9 or so we know about there are supposedly like 10 more that are just dormant right?
Where do they go when they're hurt and need to heal?
>>
>>49156399
Simurgh goes to space, Behemoth into the mantle, and Leviathan in the depths of the sea. The others it's never mentioned.
>>
>>49156399
behemoth retreats into the earth burrowing in, levi goes to the deep oceans and simurgh flies into orbit.
>>
>>49156399
19? I only recall 6.
The others must have simply vanished after Eidolon died.
>>
>>49156292
>tfw no cute pet endbringer
>>
>>49156444
Its mentioned offhand in one place that the others exist but just never do anything ever.
>>
>>49156444
Fortuna's interlude indicates more, but WoG indicates that the current Endbringers are shaped by Eidolon's subconscious. It's all very confusing, and we don't have clear answers.
>>
So how many fanfics does this have and are any of them actually good?
>>
>>49156703
Plenty. Remember Sturgeon's law.
>>
>>49150649

> Plot Armour so strong only her crew and the travellers didn't get any casualties.
>>
>>49156800
>only her crew and the Travelers
Regent, Grue, Cody and Echidna say hello.
>>
>>49156190
Wrong. They all go dormant... until Lung boils Eidolon's clone. We don't know what Simurgh will do now.
>>
>>49156703
No. Everything is shit.

...Except Cenotaph. Cenotaph is good.

Worm fans don't understand characterization all that well.
>>
>>49156826

I mean the rolls on the levi fight.
>>
>>49156703
Some are good, most are as bad as you can expect from fanfiction, but there's tons of them out there. Most are on Spacebattles or Sufficient Velocity, but there's a few that I'm aware of that are even on their own Wordpress.
>>
>>49127254
Labyrinth is a Shaker 12, iirc.
>>
>>49127254
IIRC, the only beings we have a confirmed 12 rating for are Labby, Eidolon, and GU
>>
>>49153443
Shaker and possibly a minor Breaker/Striker classification to cover the orb thing. So we're looking at heavy environmental stressor, probably dealing with motion. Shard is likely one that deals with redistributing force in one way or another, possibly with some energy storage.

I'd go with something that has him surrounded by fast moving objects he can't control. Maybe he gets caught in the middle of a firefight between two gangs, or he's a soldier who has seen enough shit that he just breaks down mid-combat. Getting more abstract, this power only really works on things that have already passed him by, so something went wrong that he couldn't stop. I'm thinking he was caught in a firefight, survived unharmed, but someone close to him didn't. Maybe a child, partner or friend/comrade.

Adding on to that, a lot of the stress in his life has been about moments that have passed him by. He wasn't very happy with his life even before he got powers and now he's continually reminded that he can't change the past, no matter how much he may want to. Maybe a failing marriage, or a divorce that went on for far too long because he didn't want to give her up. The day his kid got shot was when he/she was with him on visitation, or his best friend got shot after the divorce papers made it through to wherever he was deployed.
>>
>>49157212
>>49157539
im still confused why contessa didnt have thinker 12
>>
>>49157764

Contessa didn't get a threat rating because, as far as the PRT was concerned, she didn't exist.

All the referenced ratings are given in-canon, not assigned for the benefit of the audience.
>>
>>49157085
>>49157139
From the stuff I've read, most fanfic writers think sticking a new power on Taylor is the height of innovation.

Cenotaph is boss, though.
>>
>>49157085
>>49157780
Whats cenotaph
>>
>>49157883
Fanfic. Premise is that Taylor's dad dies before she has a chance to join the Undersiders, so she becomes more of a rogue than a villain.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1152749/chapters/2337442
>>
>>49157883
An empty grave, but that's not important right now.
>>
>>49156147
Behemoth and Leviathan are both dead by the end, as are the twins im pretty sure.
>>
>>49157758
Wow, this sounds great. Its plausible and it really makes you think. Thanks for the suggestion, anon.

I have more powers with no trigger events to place on them. If you guys are willing help me out I can post them.
>>
>>49158352
do it
>>
>>49158364
We'll the next one is another Shaker ability.

This cape has the ability to fill any gap or hole within a certain range with whatever that hole is familiar with a translucent, solid material. A door lock gets a key if has been used with a key, gun gets ammo if ever filled with ammo, and a mouth gets "food" if the user can guess if they ate it, etc. The first offshoot of this power is to overflow or jam a orifice with a multiple duplicates until it either breaks the hole or is unrecognizable to the original object.
>>
>>49126734

Hey guys, just a note. Don't delete triggers from the Google docs on Weaver Dice, that's just not cool. If you want to use it, just copy it instead of altering the archive. Other people use that!

As a side note, how about this for a trigger:

Your daughter is sick. Dying. Your little girl is withering away before your eyes, and there's nothing the doctors can do for her. But you can save her: You've sold everything of value, you've embezzled money, all to get the vial you now hold. You hold her up so she can swallow it, and she screams and thrashes as her limbs become twisting spirals of flesh and mad, rolling eyes open on her skin.

You've given everything to save your little girl, and you've turned her into a monster. Trigger.
>>
>>49158352
I've got nothing else going on.
>>
>>49158507
Then do this >>49158462
>>
>>49127653
>not wanting smut for bonesaw
Wat r u, casul?
>>
File: chris-hansen.jpg (26KB, 352x707px) Image search: [Google]
chris-hansen.jpg
26KB, 352x707px
>>49158560
>>
>>49158612
I'm pretty sure bonesaw is legal, she only just looks like a little girl
perfect
>>
>>49158476
Trump of some sort. Maybe a power negator, but one that can't get rid of Case 53 physical changes?

>>49158462
You were driving with your fiancé, out near the coast. A storm hit as you were crossing a bridge, the car went out of control, it got knocked off. Now the water is slowly flowing in a hole in the windshield. You can get out, but he can't. He tells you to save yourself. You do. The car slowly fills, you swim to shore. You can hear him gasping for breath. Trigger.
>>
>>49158295
Wait, did any of the named endbringers survive the story?
>>
>>49158526
Yeah, yeah. I'm getting to it.

>>49158462
That's an odd one, but workable.

Trigger event wise, it's another environmental stressor, focused on filling things. I'm thinking this Shard is primarily built for regenerative and time focused powers. Maybe it was similar to Scapegoat's shard in that it looks to the past to see what an object was like before it was damaged, rather than looking to parallel universes.

The host of this shard suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder. The real kind that makes you unfit for normal life, not the 'I like things to be clean' bullshit type. One of the ways he's taken to arranging things is to have everything in his house arranged into storage racks, or in bookcases. They're absolutely full to the brim and he refuses to move things because of his disorder. He probably has hoarding tendencies as well.

Someone breaks into his home, steals his electronics and wrecks the place. He's home, but so afraid that he locks himself in the basement. He comes out once they've left to find everything ruined and that's when he triggers. His new power is good for calming his anxieties because he can fill the gaps made by the burglars, make them neat and even and perfect, but he's also too nervous to stay in his own home now. He doesn't feel safe there and his anxiety drives him to do something, anything to make him feel safe again.
>>
>>49158476
Is that why wildbow locked the trigger doc again? Jeez guys.
>>
>>49158678
Simurgh.
>>
>>49158352
I've got the perfect trigger for all your needs. Cauldron vial. Just remember to roll a d20 for mutations.
>>
>>49158634
I like this one but would it be under another classification as well since she left her fiancé behind?

>>49158679
And this one is cool too. Also, as a note, I don't think objects created this way are permanent, mainly lasting minutes. Nor do they retain the same type of use if not simple. What _exactly_ does he do after though?
>>
>>49158796
That's even better. Powers have a shade of irony to them, which fits the OCD sufferer. He's driven to repetitive actions, so he has to keep rebuilding the things he 'fixes'.
>>
>>49158796
Next one is a Mover/Breaker.

This cape has the ability to turn his body into a near-invincible line of power and speed. With focus on a point on his body (fingertip, toe, nose, tongue, etc.) this cape converges his entire body into a line towards that point and exits that state of body with the pointed limb pointing out first. In line-state, he can puncture through most objects like a bullet and can reach speeds of 40-60 mph(more?). He can only move in certain patterns: straighter paths and angles give the best speed but low maneuverability while circular turns do the exact opposite.
>>
>>49156703

there are heaps. As a group they are way above average for fanfic, but still really really bad.
>>
>>49158827
If this Cape doesn't name themselves Vector I'm going to shoot them
>>
File: 1459722053677.png (119KB, 885x266px) Image search: [Google]
1459722053677.png
119KB, 885x266px
>>49158892
Of course Vector came to mind, but it's so obvious. Why not be The Line or the Angle? Or Angel just to piss people off?
>>
>>49158827
Ooh, interesting. Breakers always make for nifty triggers because they don't fit the traditional classifications very well. In this case we've got a changer-esque breaker state heavily tied into a mover power. Shard is likely FTL related. Possibly one that other shards have made obsolete so it's been split up for experimentation.

Trigger event is identity based, but also related to some form of escape. Maybe being trapped, or perhaps only thinking they're trapped. They're stuck somewhere they don't want to be, but that's not immediately hostile. School maybe, or prison. Ah.

She's a Mormon. 16 years old. She's not very good looking, but she's pretty smart. Her parents are very strict, both on schoolwork and in following their religion. She's okay with that, for the most part, because she truly believes in God and the Mormon way of life.

She meets a boy. They get on well and he seems to like her. He's a good Mormon from a well respected family. Her parents are proud. Only, as things go on he gets pushier and pushier, until he eventually persuades her (maybe with the help of some alcohol) to have sex. She gets pregnant. Her parents are devastated, there are arguments. They say she'll have to stay home until the baby is born, then have it handed off to a relative out of town to be raised, or maybe she has to go out of town and then leave it.

At some point during this it becomes too much for her and she triggers, gaining this awesome ability that does absolutely nothing to help her with what she truly needs.
>>
>>49159074
That's a rad explanation with a sad outcome. What do you think she does with the baby on the way. Also I had this power set up for a guy but this is a very interesting situation with this power that fails to help her.
>>
>>49159074

I've seen one based on Mormons, with a similar one.

It's training camp. All the boys are there. In the dark of the night, one boy says "Look guys, I have something I need to get off my chest." He reveals that he's had sex with his girlfriend. Everyone else has done the same thing.

The PC, inspired, goes to the priest the next day to confess his own sins. The priest, however, is horrified and promptly sends him home, telling him - "You are no longer worthy to serve God." His parents, too, tell him to leave town - Because "You're damned, and we'll be damned if we help you."

The long stress causes him to trigger. This is a true story. The guy who did this later went on to steal moon rocks from NASA.
>>
>>49159137
I tend to work from the other direction; basing the power on the character, shard and trigger event so I kinda reverse engineer the power to work it out. That way you get a power that fits the character, rather than the standard comic book powers that are incidental to the character they're attached to.

As for her... I think she'd want to keep the baby, but her power would be pushing her into conflict. It'd be a highly conflicting set of instincts she'd get, so I think it would depend entirely on what type of story you're trying to tell with her. Personally, I'd follow a similar storyline to Taylor's, where she'd become more and more distant from her family, possibly to the point where she takes the baby and runs once it's born. I don't think she'd do anything drastic while pregnant, but she may be a bit more confrontational, a bit less willing to bend to her parents' wills.

>>49159204
Doesn't surprise me in the least. Mormons are nuts even by whackjob Christian standards.
>>
>>49159074
Anyway, here's the next one. He's a Brute/Striker/Mover/Alexandria package-Lite.

All physical actions of this cape are strengthened through focus of that particular body part; focus on sensory limbs makes super sight/hearing/etc, super shouts, super lunges/above average speed (cannot have "super" speed unless his legs will be burrowed through the ground), super durability when focus on his body, and super strength. Focus on his arms and knuckles creates a super punch that hits on or through a desired target, but focus on his palm increases his grip capable of sealing an airtight vacuum in his hand. On release, air pops back in place creating small blasts of air for special situations (? must learn more about the subject.) These effects can work quickly one after the other but not at the same time. Too much focus on multiple points on the body either evens out the desired effects or puts the body through turmoil.
>>
>>49159204

Oh shit, is that Thad Roberts?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thad_Roberts
>>
>>49159231
Easy.

He tried to juggle too many problems at once and failed. Spectacularly. If American, he tried to be politician, family man, religious leader and community worker all at once. Genuinely good guy, but overly ambitious and married to a wife who is having an affair and he's beginning to suspect it.

He finds out about the affair shortly before she hands him the divorce papers. He throws himself into his other work, but once word gets round his religious community begin to disappear on him. His story makes the news and he takes a dive in the polls, losing the election he was running for. He falls into a depression and becomes snappy, irritable and mean. In an effort to bring his career back on track he sets up a volunteer session at a soup kitchen and invites the camera crews around.

Only problem is that one of the homeless folks is rude as can be. Ungrateful, opinionated and argumentative. Drunk too. He's everything that this guy hates about the homeless in one person, and he just snaps. Punches him, the two scuffle for a bit and the camera gets it all. His career is over in one night and it's the final straw that's needed to make him trigger.
>>
>>49159357
Not seeing brute or mover or striker, the three things asked for.
That smells of thinker/tinker trigger (long drawn out problem without a solution) with elements of master/stranger (abandonment, betrayal, unwanted attention)

But congrats on making a trigger completely, 100% totally opposed to what was requested.
>>
>>49159394
Eh, whatever. I've already explained my process. This isn't how I usually work.
>>
>>49159357
I fucking love this guy. I kept picturing him as the exaggerated 1950's adult white male on TV, bright smile and bright morals. He keeps going on and on into a downward spiral but the stupid grin stays on his face until he triggers. Then the rarest emotion of hate and anguish churns the 1950's style of dress into a dreary and tired mess of his modern self. He goes Hero or rogue as an excuse to vent his anger on crime or goes villian to vent early and scheme later.

Also, in case you wanted to know, I wanted this troupe of people together as a team. I have one more cape left to go, but I would like to hear your dynamic on these team while I pitch my own.
>>
>>49159231
Hmm this is almost breaker-ish in nature, but let's tease it out a bit.

We've got a brute aspect, so some sort of damage/physical trauma - the nature of the power prevents damage, not heals it, so we've probably got more surface damage than deep-tissue.
Striker/Mover are somewhat at odds - the striker wants to fight/attack one (or more) targets threatening him at close range, but the mover wants to flee... That being said, I'd focus more on the move aspect since the description of the power doesn't really scream "striker" to me - it's too self/internal focused - Look at the cannon strikers, they often couldn't affect themselves at all (Clockblock, Panacea, Dauntless, Newter, Faultline, Flachette) The only sense in which he effects is that they break when he hits them - I'd just call this a Brute/Mover (or maybe Breaker since he "toggles" between being tough, strong, and mobile)
>>
>>49159394
Every trigger can happen in different ways, anon. Yeah, the background information given can lead to trigger into Thinker/Tinker/Master what have you but it may not set the trigger in play, merely give a reason for a shard to scout out talent. Now if the homeless man was more than what this politician asked for being 7'4 out of his wheelchair and knocking his lights out constantly, that can give him Brute and Striker classifications. When he wants to run for his life but is being hoisted off the ground, insert Mover sub classification.
>>
>>49159535
I never always though Breaker was for those whom changed their body in a formless or elemental way where as Changers changed in a biological way. I know Breakers gain triggers from alot of sources of pain but does that make them the mixed bag cape?
>>
>>49159474
My. Fucking. God. It'd be a catastrophe. A hilarious, unrepentant catastrophe. You couldn't fit more social dysfunction in one team if you tried.

Still, politician guy is almost certainly the leader. He wouldn't be happy otherwise. He keeps the rest of the team in line through force of personality, using his powers to intimidate when necessary. He's not especially good at keeping everyone happy, however, in line with the reason for his trigger.

OCD is part of the team because he's developed an obsession with tracking down the guys who wrecked his house and Politician is the only one who seems to share his hatred of that type of people.

Pregnancy is Politician's pet project. The proof that he's not just an asshole. He's trying to look after her all the while leveraging her powers to make the city a better place. She's the heart of the party, often making food for everyone despite being a poor, underage, single mother.

Dead Kid Guy would have been a villain if he didn't just target gangbangers. He's a good guy in name only and is just using the rest of the group to give his crusade some legitimacy in the public eye. He does have a soft spot for Pregnancy, though. Politician hates this guy because he doesn't toe the line whatsoever.
>>
>>49159555
The event that was described, however, had none of those things that you mentioned that could maybe result in brute/striker/move. There was a "scuffle" no signifigant physical trauma for a Brute, no desire to escape for a move, and no real "threat" (some some drunk asshole) for a striker. The event as described would be some sort of Thinker/Tinker/Master/Stranger trigger.
>>
>>49159668
Okay, we adjust it a bit to fit.

Instead of him lashing out in public, he merely insults the guy and sends him packing, without food. That's caught on camera too, but the real trigger comes later, when he's getting ready to head home and the homeless guy comes back with a few of his buddies.

They corner him and he shouts for help, only to have the camera guy run round the corner and stop. The homeless guys beat the shit out of Politician, though he gets a few hits in himself, and it's only when he's down on the floor, a few ribs broken, that he triggers. That's sufficient for an in your face brute/striker rating, as well as wanting to escape enough for a mover rating.
>>
>>49159668
And you're right. But, if you had the politician, or anyone, for my classification of Alexandria-package-Lite, how would you change it? Tone down the affair? Have his peers not leave? Never been in a fight? A different situation all together? I can see what could be done but I can also see people being upset and react to matters they don't want. All ideas are welcome to bounce off of?
>>
>>49159615
Breakers *often* change their body and as such have alot of overlap with changers, but they don't have to - a Breaker is anyone who "breaks" how the laws of physics apply to themselves... more so than is normal for capes, anyway.
Frenja/Menja are both breakers - they just get bigger, not formless or elemental
Velocity is also classed as a Breaker, he sorta phases out as he speeds up - but is never formless or elemental
Night is a shifting-breaker, so is Shadow Stalker the first is formless, the second is still very much girl-shaped.

Breakers are different from mixed/grab bag capes (lots of minor powers) which come about from multi-triggers.
>>
>>49159754
I'd say the setup is good - collapsing political career due to alleged infidelity, but i'd shorten the duration, and change the moment of trigger, instead of some hobo, he attempts to confront his wife's lover directly (perhaps violently), but it all goes horribly wrong - she's there at the time, and so he's trying to deal with her (freaking out and emotional) the lover (confrontational and violent) and then the goddamn paparazzi busts onto the scene, so he has to try to run damage control/prevent incriminating pictures all at the same time - his attention is being split in 3 very different ways, over 3 very different concerts (physical violence, emotional turmoil via wife, and political ramifications from the paparazzi)
Boom - breaker trigger that results in a power that requires him to micromanage his attention/focus between several competing needs second to second.
>>
>>49159655
I guess I can post the last two capes to hopefully mesh out the dynamic. One is another Shaker/??? and the other is a low scale Thinker/Stranger that's hilarious to me.

The Shaker can control summon a floating "room" that's 50 square ft or 4.6 square meters in size. Its appears heavy and covered in dark cool colors. It can phase through all matter but at surprisingly slow speeds. Inside of this "room" stores separate rooms designed by the users classifying skills. Things store everything. To separate, think living things and non-living things, two new 50 square ft rooms. The more complex it is to keep track of, the forgotten items fall out of the room. Personally gave her(?) the name Hangar Demon.
>>
>>49159924
Are you sure you're playing Worm?
>>
>>49159924
waa?
I'm... confused.
Could you maybe reword that a bit?
>>
>>49159924
The Thinker/Stranger/Master(help?) dumbs down anyone's intelligence if this cape tells them an obvious lie. Hearing the lie by itself can sometimes not be enough, so this cape makes gestures pointing or exclaiming the subject and even pushing or pulling the dumb towards said subject. If the cape sees a bystander standing in a puddle and tells them they'really gonna drown, they'll stay alarmed for a second and jump out the way. But, if the cape trips the bystander into the puddle and shouts "YOU'RE GONNA DROWN IN THAT OCEAN GET OUT" then they'll fumble and splash in the puddle until they figure out they're fooled.
>>
>>49160032
Sounds Master/Stranger, he basically makes people believe any lie he tells, no matter how inane.Not really Thinker at all (no enhanced perception of the world, no precog, no information ex nihilo)
Master/Stranger have a lot of overlap anyway.
>>
>>49157780
It's a pity that anyone who tries to innovate gets slapped with "Oh, well, that isn't what I look for in a fanfic." Most of the fanbase complains about every fic just being Taylor with a new power or Taylor in a new setting, but whenever anybody tries something new, nobody cares. Especially since most fic writers butcher the canon cast's personality.
>>
>>49158625
Ahaha, no. She just starts having periods during her interlude.
>>
>>49159961
Yes. I'm not trying to Jojo I swear.
>>49159963
OK I'Il try this again.

Imagine you can have the power to spawn a floating room with no doors and the only materials allowed to enter are by the cape's permission. Other matter flies straight through as if it weren't even there.

It's as wide as 50 square ft (gonna change this number after seeing how broken it can be) and can store that much. But, this cape can store more if they can compartmentalize. If the room is filled with food, chairs, and humans, and the cape wants to add more humans, they would have to make room.

They can choose to make a new 50 square ft room just for fruit, making more room for the chairs and humans in the original room, but all fruit entering will not go through the everything else room.

Then situations of just having too many people in this one room. Compartmentalize into making room by boy, girl, young, old, black, white, or whatever clever way they can that can keep track of them all. But eventually, one room will be pushed back to far with their focus somewhere else important. That room will drop off all contents from their back to the surface.

Hopefully that's a better explanation. In hindsight, though, I need to measure how to balance this to avoid game breaking shenanigans.
>>
>>49160201
sounds horrifically broken, and super bizarre
Make villain room, scoop up all villains, giggle. Separate Villain room into "heads" room and "Rest of Body" room. Giggle more.
>>
>>49160231
Other than the obvious use of bodysnatching, I think that goes under the clause of the Manton Effect.

But, she does have a spear room, bomb room, etc. The only problem is that the room is terribly slow. Ok range overhead to drop whatever she wants.
>>
>>49160262
Villain room (or go really specific: "E88 Parahuman Room") -> scoop through apartment buildings/houses at night, nab errybruddy in their sleep. Lift into low earth orbit, drop focus on room.
Actually, I can basically only think of "broken" ways to use this power, and, like, helping people move their apartments...
>>
>>49160201
Scrap it, it's too silly and broken for Worm.
>>
>>49160339
I just realized this is a Shaker/Mover power. If I can take out one more facet of this power to make it not absurd and more streetlevel, what should it be?
>>
>>49151154
Precog and thinker powers could be handled easily enough narratively with the use fate points/drama dice/whatever your system of choice utilizes. And, master powers, while trickier, would just be variants of mind or emotion control.
>>
>>49160391
selective matter phasing.
Street Level would be a real, physical, solid "room" that can be broken, and things have to physically be placed inside it, and it would have a fixed maximum storage capacity (say, 180 cubic feet) so each time a room is "split" the ceiling gets a little bit lower.

Still a bit... strange for a worm power though
>>
>>49160545
I know it's strange which is why I like it so much. To be honest, most of the stranger powers came from the idea how Nen works in HunterxHunter.

The idea first came as the getaway driver for capes that wasn't teleportation or a Bat-Mobile/Invisible Jet. Just a feeble nobody picking up capes in their floating phasing room that's hilariously slow.

But phasing and occupacy is the problem the problem here.
>>
Dead thread and no one made a new one, is /wg/ dead already?
>>
>>49161885
we had some pretty dece threads, people have probably burnt themselves out a little bit.
>>
>>49161897
I guess we'll make another one when the time seems right, a week or more later.
>>
If I were to run a game for folks on here what would people want ? I would like to do something outside of America or in a place unexplored in the book.
>>
>>49162309
People would want the power generation/trigger event mechanics from WeaverDice, but using Mutants and Masterminds.
>>
>>49162309
I would be interestd to know if the majority would rather have a Villain or a Hero game.
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.