[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>any other media does a "characters play D&D"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1462799352891.jpg (139KB, 541x493px) Image search: [Google]
1462799352891.jpg
139KB, 541x493px
>any other media does a "characters play D&D" episode
>they're all wearing costumes
>nat 1 and 20 rule applies to skills
>>
I dunno men, I really loved community's take on DnD.
>>
>>49093688

let's be honest though, the botch/crit rules are the only narratively interesting aspect of D&D's dice system but also the worst statistical element of the system to the point where they have to not exist in the skill mechanics.
>>
>lol guys let's go play a dungeons & dragons
>play a wargame wearing larp costumes
>lol we're so nerdy
>>
>>49093727

Yeah you're right, wargamers aren't REAL nerds.
>>
>>49093752
I mean in the shows they sometimes play games that aren't even D&D and they say they play D&D.
>>
>>49093688
>he doesn't dress up like a wizard to play D&D

Fucking nu-/tg/ I swear.
>>
>>49093770
You do realise that there are rules for switching betwen D&D and wargaming right? Like how Fighter PCs class as Command Units for various systems? And There's Killzone and gorkamorka and stuff that is really designed for integration into REAL TT-gaming.
>>
>players are sitting around a table, wearing wizard hats and tinfoil armor
>"alright, roll the 37 sided dice to hit the dragon"
>"i rolled an 8"
>"sorry you are dead"
>"aww fuck", leaves table
>>
>>49093884
>your character sees something shining at the bottom of a pit
>my character jumps down to get it
>it was a spike pit where the spikes were edged with diamonds, you are dead
>The player isn't grabbed by the other players, tied up, and held down as the GM swings the Save vs. death axe at the player's neck

This unrealistic shit needs to stop happening.

actually, a subtler thing from that movie even - GM repeatedly refers to each PC by name ala "Snidgard sees this" or "Snidgard dies" rather than just going "you" or "your character" while addressing the player who controls that character, as well as the GM being sorry that his bullshit trap killed a PC
>>
>>49094226
>spoiler

as a DM i assumed most people did that to some extent
helps the players feel involved
>>
Dexter's Lab's D&D episode was good.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnS14PQcXSs

best "XXX play D&D for the first time" that I know of
>>
File: 'I deliver'.jpg (226KB, 881x596px) Image search: [Google]
'I deliver'.jpg
226KB, 881x596px
>>49093797
>he has to dress up to look like a wizard
You mean, that's not your everyday clothes?
Fucking faux-oldfags, I swear.
>>
>>49094226

I definitely address my players by character name at every opportunity.
Those ADHD-riddled fuckers need all the help they can get to keep their head in the game.
>>
>>49093713
Me too, man. It was great.
>>
>>49094407
I have no idea how much of that was scripted, but it legitimately brought me joy regardless.
>>
>>49094467
If you came to my session and handed me a sheet on which you state that you are Borknard, High Elven barbarian raised by who knows what, you better get your head in the game, cause I'll never adress you with your real name for anything in character
>>
>>49093797
I dunno man, I had like 2 sessions where me and my friends played in full LARP gear, was pretty fun.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.