[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the first tabletop character you've ever gotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_nqvctoeuGY1uufoudo1_500.jpg (105KB, 468x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqvctoeuGY1uufoudo1_500.jpg
105KB, 468x750px
What's the first tabletop character you've ever gotten to their maximum level, /tg/? Tell me their stories.
>>
Not a one friendo.

Not a one.

And you'll be getting a lot of these answers; hitting level cap playing from the bottom in say, D&D 3.5 for argument's sake may well take you years if your games are irregular or spread out.

I find it's more a matter of when the GM decides the plot is wrapped up for most campaigns.
>>
>>49087623
We just hit one year in dnd 5th, starting at lvl one, at least some of the players meeting every week except 8 sessions which were completely canceled, and we're on level 11. No other game ive been a part of went more than a month.
>>
>>49086085
>Level

Nah.
>>
>>49087623
This.
>>
The highest we got to was 17th level in pathfinder (Cayden Cailean Cleric) and it was because after a year and a half campaign we jumped from 15 to 17 after a timeskip. We played only 1 time though as level 17 and that's when the DM decided high end gameplay is too math intensive for him.
>>
File: 1386342569051.jpg (148KB, 636x750px) Image search: [Google]
1386342569051.jpg
148KB, 636x750px
>>49087623
He he, i played the same game for almost 8 years, we levelled from level 1 to level 8-9 in that time.

After that long the game and the dm was burned out.

We played as often as 2 times per week at the most, with a month of pause now and then.
>>
>>49087623
This. The highest I've gotten is level 10, and that took ~1 year in game and ~2 years in real life meeting up almost every week (with a few hiatuses due to uni exams). Starting a level 12 campaign next weekkkkk, hopefully then I'll get to level 20.
>>
>>49092265
>weekkkkk
apparently my "k" key is a little fucked.
>>
File: for realis.png (87KB, 192x187px) Image search: [Google]
for realis.png
87KB, 192x187px
>>49092052
That is nothing my gm has had a campaign going since 1994 and we are only level 7 now.
>>
>>49086085
Highest was somewhere around level 12-15. Campaign lasted something like 3-4 years.
>>
>>49086085
Actually went from 1 to 20 over a year in 3.5, once per week session.
Build was Rogue 5/Wizard 5/Arcane Trickster 10 (don't give me shit about not optimizing well, I was new). Still ended up as one of the strongest characters, with craft magical item bullshit and an upgraded mithril golem.

Died 10 times over the campaign, then sacrificed myself to black-hole a world-destroying end-boss demon. There was a smaller BBEG the rest of the players killed without me, but my golem helped.

The sacrifice backfired and the black hole deal brought me back 200 years, and I became a secret benefactor to the party, sniping big bads and leaving epic items to key NPCs that would later on give them to the party.

We were all young and in high school, so it was pretty lighthearted and animeish.
>>
>>49086085
> decide to play Red Box OD&D
> as it is 1-v-DM, DM makes me start at level 3
> max level is 3, have achieved max level
> run into unanswerable rule question 5 minutes in
> abandon game and play Hungry Hungry Hippos instead
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.