[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A E S T H E T I C edition >Hawk Wagame's website, w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 20

File: Cybrog.jpg (111KB, 1143x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Cybrog.jpg
111KB, 1143x1600px
A E S T H E T I C edition

>Hawk Wagame's website, with links to models, rules, and forums
http://www.hawkwargames.com/

>DZC rules, units, errata, etc
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC#3e69ovwksc27r

>Phase 2 units
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf

>free DZC army builder
http://www.dzc-ffor.com/

>dropfleet preorder, showing prices and lotsa pics
http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Initial topic of the thread: What are some unit concepts you'd love to see in DZC, regardless of how OP or UP they are?
>>
>>49085862
Going forward in DZC, I'd love to start seeing the Resistance becoming integrated into UCM armies. I'd love to see this rivalry show up between UCM and UCM auxiliary units, as the resistance recruits constantly moan about how they miss their technicals, hannibals, lifthawks and other vehicles. Special points for UCMified freeriders and battlebuses. (could we get tron light bikes?)
>>
>>49085916
I feel like that would start to remove Resistance as a unique faction, unless they started to get their own shit that UCM never got.
>>
>>49086015
To be fair, that's how they're going in the fluff; Eden Prime is well underway to being assimilated into the UCM, and they're starting to recruit legions from there, which I paraphrase "will be the toughest and most elite common soldiers on the UCM roster"

In exchange for "UCMified" resistance coming into the UCM, we might get to see more UCM support assets worming their way into the resistance, as well as whatever else the resistance dig up on their own.
>>
>>49086015
I think they'd keep just about everything, UCM combat strategy means they're never going to use lifthawks, any of the Resistance tanks or their slapdash technicals. The only things I could see the UCM possibly adapting is maybe the freeriders and special sapping units, and just maybe their own more efficiently designed battle bus. Add on other weird eccentric weapons the UCM would refuse to add to their army because it doesn't fit with their doctrine and you could keep the two separate.
>>
Shit, I just realized I forgot the subject line, fuck me.
>>
I'd like to see area denial munitions as an option for thors and taranii, some sort of nanomachine minefield, so to speak
>>
So, how's this look for a 950 starter Resistance
list?

Breaching Drills(2 Units) 100

Warlord
60 Leader
Thunderstorm 205

Gun Technical(6 units) 60
Kraken 38

Vehicle Detachment 1
Rocket Technical(6 units) 60

Vehicle Detachment 2

Resistance Band 1
Resistance Fighters(3 units) 72 points
Battle Bus 15
-Heavy MG 15

Resistance Fighters(3 units) 72 points
Battle Bus 15
-Heavy MG 15

Kraken 38

>>
>>49086458
Keep in mind that for a skirmish level battle you don't need to bring along a command unit. Commanders are still helpful, and most command units are great centerpieces to help hold the line, but they aren't literally required for play at that low a points level. That said, the Thunderstorm can put out some withering anti tank fire at decent speed, and in a pinch it can knock down buildings hilariously fast since all 4 guns have demolisher 2. I think its a fine buy, especially if you plan to build larger lists with it later.

List seems fine. between the gun technicals and the party buses, you've got enough AA and the rocket technicals are going to be annoying as hell when they exit out of the breaching drills.
>>
>>49086697
I absolutely plan on doing that, I'm basically going all technical, all the time. At 1500 points, I want to buy the Retinue, though I can't for the life of me figure out why those 12 technicals are 80 points more than 12 regular rocket technicals.
>>
>>49086754
Oh, because they have E+2 which means any shot to hit has to roll 2 higher than it normally would. Really helps their survivability.
>>
>>49086754
>At 1500 points, I want to buy the Retinue, though I can't for the life of me figure out why those 12 technicals are 80 points more than 12 regular rocket technicals.
They cost 5 more points than a rocket technical per vehicle, in exchange for getting E+2 countermeasures.

This pretty much means that they can only be hit on a 4+ at minimum, unless they're fighting Ares or other similar units.
>>
>>49086795
Oh, that seems sweet.

But yea, I figured on basically flooding the board with technicals, with some support along the way. I can't decide between some sappers to take advantage of those IEDs, attack ATVs to flood buildings with gas, or some Mehmeds because they seem cool.

Of course, I haven't played a single game yet, so I'm mostly just looking.
>>
Quick, post cheese

Cyber Cheese
Skirmish: 749/750 points
Standard Army
PHR Standard Roster [749/750 pts]

Hand of the Sphere [245 pts]
Nemesis Command Walker: Nemesis(Councillor) [245 pts]

Battle Pantheon [126 pts]
Type 1 Walker Squadron: Phobos [63 pts]
Type 1 Walker Squadron: Phobos [63 pts]

Immortals Phalanx [208 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1(+Miniguns) [104 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1(+Miniguns) [104 pts]

Heavy Pantheon [170 pts]
Type 2 Walker Squadron: 2x Odin, Neptune [170 pts]
>>
>>49087062
go real cheese, cut the commander entirely, cut the odins and have a hades instead. What's better than 1 scorpion walker menacing its enemies with a large dong cannon? 2!

>>49086838
Those all seem like okay choices to add on to your army, but I'd suggest getting a game or two in with that 950 point army and seeing if there are other units that might better fill out your army. For instance, packing some storm wagons in lets you deal IF damage and menace light vehicle swarms that might give your technicals some issues (for instance, other technical swarms)
>>
>>49087216
That's the goal, to mess around and see.

Are the Chem grenades on the Attack ATVs any good? I love the idea of just having a drill set up right next to a building then having the ATVs pour our and just fill the building with gas.
>>
>>49087287
Another question to ask, I guess, is the difference between mining drill ambush tactics with technicals versus mounted tactics with them.

Like, if I switch my AA role by bringing Leviathans, I can lose at least some of the gun technicals, and pour the mining drill points and that into bigger squads of rocket technicals to swarm with. I'm just curious what the advantages/disadvantages to each tactic would be.
>>
>>49087287
I personally haven't played with them but my biggest concern is that since these will occur during the roundup step you will probably only get 3 to 4 rolls with them assuming favorable conditions. Then once they arrive, half the time their shots will dissipate or do absolutely nothing. That said, you've got some weight of fire going on that makes them a bit better. whiffing on one roll but getting a 6 on another evens out the use.

I think they're fine, especially if you're not putting many infantry on the board yourself. Lets you force the enemy to take hits and possibly clean up a base or two of infantry and potentially even push them out of the building. just be sure not to gas anything your infantry are going to want to enter.

>>49087406
I'd say that's a lot to points and how you want to deploy the drills. With your current style you've got 4 squads exiting the drills, meaning you're going to want to be a little conservative of their placement to keep the drills alive and fully disgorge your troops. If you only have 2 squads, and they're great in number, dumping them out of a drill right in the center of the enemy is much more reasonable.

A lot of that will boil down to deployment though, and it'll be up to you. Maybe try out making bigger squads on occasion.
>>
File: ENauu4p.png (34KB, 500x424px) Image search: [Google]
ENauu4p.png
34KB, 500x424px
Is there anywhere I can get this cheaper...?
>>
>>49087850
Picking up both is unfortunately not going to be a cheap endeavor. You seem to have found about the best deal for both,though the dropzone commander set is on amazon and about 10 dollars cheaper there.
>>
>>49087850
Where are you buying it from?
>>
File: dawn of the final day.jpg (11KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
dawn of the final day.jpg
11KB, 600x451px
Things aren't looking good for shipping in August!

Now taking bets for when the printers will be finished!
>>
>>49089316
You're 24 minutes early senpai.
>>
23 HOURS 54 MINUTES REMAIN
>>
Guys I cant stop myself, send help! Or more artillery and shaped charges!

Battle: 2496/2500 Points
Standard
UCM

UCM Field Command
Kodiak+Captain 203 pts
Kodiak 108 pts
Snipers 108 pts
4x Wolverine B
2x Raven B w/ MPs 110pts

Colonial Armored Formation 1
6x Sabre 284 pts
3x Rapier w/ Albatross 201 pts
2x Longbow w/ RavenB 90pts

Colonial Armored Formation 2
6x Sabre 284 pts
3x Rapier w/ Albatross 201 pts
2x Longbow w/ RavenB 90pts

Colonial Legionnaire Corps
4x Mortar Infantry
2x Bear
Condor 207 pts
4x Longbow w/Raven Bs 180 pts

UCM Expeditionary Group
4x Wolverine B
2x Raven B w/ MPs 110 pts
2x Praetorians w/ Raven As 248 pts

Colonial Fleet Air Wing
2x Archangels 134 pts
>>
>>49089648
I'm more surprised you didn't buy a seraphim or two instead of those archangels. Also, your list reminded me I really need to pick up some heavy dropships at some point, after I get my armies up to the 950 level.
>>
>>49089648
Switch those wolverine B's to A's soldier, 6 rapiers and 2 archangels won't be enough to clear the skies at 2500.
>>
>>49089648
Why no Ferrum?
>>
File: Gen Eastwood.jpg (125KB, 864x960px) Image search: [Google]
Gen Eastwood.jpg
125KB, 864x960px
>>49089648
Bro. What are you doing? Where is your infantry?
>>
>>49089727
This as well, Starsprites count as scout units.
>>
>>49089727
Ferrum is so ubiquitous and obvious. Gotta try something different.

>>49089702
Not gonna lie, I goofed and got my Wolvies confused. Simple fix is ditch the mortar teams for legionnaires in a raven, also with missiles.

Are 13 Ravens with missiles enough to count as a murder?
>>
>>49089865
Yeah, ditching the mortars would probably be for the best, you're only bringing the big guns, anyways.
>>
>>49088442
The War Store.
>>
Why does the UCM not have any K9 units? You'd think they would be perfect for searching buildings for stuff.
>>
>>49089969
there might be difficulties transporting dogs. Hell, we only have colonies, dogs might be extinct or only on Earth. I'd personally mark it down for Phase 3.
>>
Kickstarter
When
>>
>>49090147
23 hours and 7 minutes to 7 days 23 hours and 7 minutes
>>
So, new player here, I finally started reading through Reconquest Phase 1 and absorbing all that sweet, sweet fluff. I gotta say, Dave's actually quite good at writing the sort of high-view war documentation type stuff. The scenes written in usual novel prose, though, kinda amateur. I winced a little reading that one with the PHR agent meeting Salakhan. I mean that's fine, the guy's already an awesome modeller, pretty solid rules designer, his world-building is great, you can't expect him to be good at everything, but I think this universe could really benefit from some solid write-faggotry and not the smut kind, although we still love you jungle devil story guy.

So being a somewhat decent writer myself I think I want to start doing some short stories and things for /dcg/, and I hear they also have a writing competition over on the hawk forums which I'll likely participate in at some point. Give me prompts, and specify one of the theatres of engagement in Phase 1. Dubs wins.
>>
>>49090324
>and I hear they also have a writing competition over on the hawk forums which I'll likely participate in at some point.
Unfortunately those have been on the backburner for a while, last I saw.
As for fluff, you'll probably want to read the fluff for phase 2 which I PROMISE I will scan tomorrow, there's a whole bunch new developments that will probably pique your fancy.
>>
>>49090324
Actually, that is a pretty valid criticism, along with all the typos that tend to be left in the books. With Hawk Simon now off the roster, it may be possible that Dave will bring on a proper Writer/Editor to collaborate with, as well as whatever other duties there are to be done.
>>
>>49090324
Dubs wins seems like a terrible idea, considering the slowness of the thread. Nevertheless, I'll toss out some suggestions.

For the first time in a 120 years or so, Eden Prime has enlisted humans on shore leave! Crazy adventures of a couple UCM ground pounders and their resistance buddies as they explore giant skyscrapers, ancient monorails and a few hideouts of the resistance before they all get deployed to Atlantia to continue the fighting.

An engagement between Jessie Adams and Gunnarr, interrupted by the arrival of a scourge patrol that gets to feel that the only thing that can stop Resistance forces fighting is the arrival of an even more hated enemy.

UCM forces have been deadlocked by Shaltari walkers. Its up to a fireteam of hazard suits and 3 squads of Legionnaires to secure a position in nearby buildings and take out that Ocelot. Emphasis on the Shaltari and their alien nature, as the unit presumably encounters all sorts of defenses that try to keep them from their target.
>>
>>49090477
Checked
>>
>>49090477
Well fuck me sideways. Guess you get to pick the prompt.
>>
File: DUBSOVERWHELMING.jpg (113KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
DUBSOVERWHELMING.jpg
113KB, 816x816px
>>49090477
>>
File: 1472440930966[1].jpg (271KB, 900x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1472440930966[1].jpg
271KB, 900x1640px
Quick, post an aesthetic you want to see a faction of your choice in.

Shaltari as pic related
>>
>>49090035
>I'd personally mark it down for Phase 3.
I hope so. Not enough wargames have war puppers.
>>
>>49090477
>Dubs wins seems like a terrible idea, considering the slowness of the thread.
Lol, the irony.

Alright so going through the three you listed:

>For the first time in a 120 years or so, Eden Prime has enlisted humans on shore leave! Crazy adventures of a couple UCM ground pounders and their resistance buddies as they explore giant skyscrapers, ancient monorails and a few hideouts of the resistance before they all get deployed to Atlantia to continue the fighting.

This is an interesting concept, being a completely non-combat scene in a wargame, and definitely something I will revisit, but for my first few stories I simply must have combat action.

>An engagement between Jessie Adams and Gunnarr, interrupted by the arrival of a scourge patrol that gets to feel that the only thing that can stop Resistance forces fighting is the arrival of an even more hated enemy.

Also neat but I don't want to write anything involving special named characters, at least not yet. I may, however, just remove the named characters and keep the general concept of Resistance vs Feral Resistance vs Scourge on Elysium Prime.

>UCM forces have been deadlocked by Shaltari walkers. Its up to a fireteam of hazard suits and 3 squads of Legionnaires to secure a position in nearby buildings and take out that Ocelot. Emphasis on the Shaltari and their alien nature, as the unit presumably encounters all sorts of defenses that try to keep them from their target.

This sounds more like what I was looking for out of the first story. I think I'm going with this one for now.

>>49090369
>As for fluff, you'll probably want to read the fluff for phase 2
I certainly do! Get to scanning it mate!
>>
Hawk should really pay somebody to write a fluff novel or something
>>
you know, with all the talk about writefaggotry, what happened to lewd anon? I'm jonesing for tankerxJungleDevil.
>>
did anyone have that DL for the phase 2 units? cant seem to find it
>>
>>49091044
In the OP man. the mediafire link marked 'phase 2 units'
>>
At work, also a bit of a writefag, will be doing legionarres holding out against evicerators to get a maguffin. Will be a few hours.
>>
>>49091024
Speaking of missing Anons, where's prepainted model guy?
>>
>>49091118
Oh he lives in all of us. Whenever a good paintjob gets posted we get to all ask in our hearts 'was that model prepainted?'
>>
>>49091054
well shit, i was just looking in the regular mediafire
i am confirmed for extra chromosome
>>
>>49091118
>>49091135
Not sure what you guys are talking about.

>>49087850
Man these are actually pretty great prices considering you don't have to drop money on hobby materials like paints.
>>
>>49091166
How could someone with such nice dubs be so ignorant of our own dankest meme?
>>
>>49091201
I think you need to reread the second part of that post
>>
>>49091201
You should probably read the second line.
>>
>>49091207
>>49091210
Well now I just feel silly.
>>
New Dropfleet video up from the german admiral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgWd58e0h-w

Notably he's been using Corvettes for nearly all of his games. There must have been rules for them included in the beta. Makes you wonder if they have rules in the main rulebook, then, even if the models won't be released for awhile (we know Battleships are in but their models are also a couple months out from the general release so it's not a stretch).
>>
>>49089316
Well hawk sucks - there will be a update later on. Will do some dance about the printers - but we all know what is the real reason. Game is rushed and garbage.
>>
>>49089648
It sucks phr shits all over you
>>
>>49091166
Yeah what the hell are you shiting about ?
>>
>>49091498

This guys has really gone all out the demos. Those card ships make it much more accessible.
>>
Ever wandered why the fuck hawk went into DfC even tho DzC havent sell or establish any significant player base ?
>>
No Ferrum List

Clash: 1500/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1500/1500 pts]
Field Command [459 pts]
Praetorians: 2x Praetorians, Raven A [124 pts]
Phoenix: Phoenix(Captain) [285 pts]
Falcon B Squad: Falcon B [50 pts]
Armored Formation [308 pts]
Sabre Squad: 3x Sabre, Condor [142 pts]
Rapier Squad: 3x Rapier, Condor [166 pts]
Legionnaire Corps [210 pts]
Legionnaires: 2x Legionnaires, Raven A [80 pts]
Falcon B Squad: Falcon B [50 pts]
Legionnaire Corps [213 pts]
Flak Team: 2x Legionnaire Flak Team, Condor(+Missile Pods), 2x Bear [141 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Mortar Team: 2x Legionnaire Mortar Team [72 pts]
Expeditionary Group [176 pts]
Wolverine Squad: 4x Wolverine A [72 pts]
Hazard Suit Team: 2x Hazard Suit, Raven A [104 pts]
Air Wing [134 pts]
Archangel Squad: 2x Archangel [134 pts]
>>
>>49091763
To fuck with you.
>>
>>49091763
It has semi-regular /tg/ generals. That's more than most games can say.
>>
>>49091725
Agreed. It took me awhile before I could sit through watching the first ones but I eventually got used to ignoring the bad proxies. Now with the card profiles it looks a lot better.
>>
>>49091763
If you compare it to something like 40k which literally dominates the fucking market with an absolute iron grip then yes, it doesn't have a significant player base. But it's still doing pretty well for itself. I stopped by the new FLGS for the town I just moved into this weekend, up in the middle of fucking nowhere-ville North America, and out of the 10 or so guys that were there, two of them indeed already owned DZC models. If people play it here, they play it everywhere.

Also, DfC seems to be bringing in a LOT of new blood, lots of other people like me who were on the fence about DzC but now want in just because in ties into the same universe for the new space game.
>>
>>49090590
Shaltari is too gribbly to achieve that crackling effect.
>>
>>49092092
Spiky, not gribbly. Gribbly is a descriptor for buglike disgusting tentacle-creature races like the Scourge.
>>
>>49091686
At some point, sheltari-anon, you're going to have to accept the fact that it's not your faction that sucks ass at the game, it's just you.
>>
>>49092066
I tried my LGS. Nobody there plays it. Likely because the owner only sells MTG, 40k, and random boardgames.
>>
>>49092142
Your best bet is to ask him if he can order a 2-player starter set for you, then paint it up and offer games to other people at the store til you get someone interested enough to order some stuff of their own. Once a few people at the store are playing then the owner might be convinced to just carry the models directly.
>>
>>49092160
Can confirm that this is the usual way new rulesets get picked up at a FLGS.
>>
>>49092121
At some point you will have to accept that calling all who dont agree with you shaltari anon doesnt make your point valid.
>>
>>49092016
It has this fat prick of a designer wasting his time here instead of shiping out KS pledges.
>>
>>49092160
>>49092176
I tried ordering a 2 player starter set (DzC). The guy running the place kept trying to just sell me on 40k. He took down my info and said he'd call me when it came in. I tried calling back every couple weeks, but gave up. This was back in May.
It probably doesn't help that I've only been there a couple times because I don't like MTG anymore.
>>
>>49092261
well he is doing a good job - not letting more people get into dead system
>>
>>49092261
Hm, sounds like this place is lacking the first part of FLGS.

I'm kinda in a fortunate situation with that locally; the FLGS owner dropped his stable job so he could open a tabletop gaming store with playing room and the place has been running pretty steadily for the last couple of years.
They even upgraded to a bigger venue with like 50% more floorspace for both gaming and the shop itself.
>>
>>49092277
The place itself is pretty big. They just moved into it this year. Looks like it used to be a small warehouse or some bullshit. It just has random stacks of MTG cards fucking everywhere. I don't think they're even for sale, they're just there.
>>
File: Shadow_rivals.png (129KB, 250x522px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_rivals.png
129KB, 250x522px
New Shaltari named commander CONFIRMED
>>
>>49092212
Changing your typing style doesn't trick anybody. The number of posters in this thread hasn't changed and no one else in this community is such a fucking asshole.

>>49092222
>>49092274
Oh look, more of your samefaggotry.
>>
>>49092222
>implying dave has time to post on 4chan when he spends 10 hours a day designing models and the rest of it running a business and writing rules and fluff
>>
sure I'm the only one that can see that hawk has dropped the ball on KS. I'm the only one who doesn't give a shit about dropcrap because its the big game now and over 4 years on the market it accumulated this huge fallowing. Dude insinuating that I'm the only guy not happy with hawk and its faggotry is like my saying that you are the fat retarded dave - love child of backwater cousins from Killarney ... get a life ffs
>>
>>49091673
>>49091686
>>49091722
>>49092212
>>49092222
>>49092274
You're so fucking easy to spot you retard, lol.

Literally no one cares what you have to say. You are the dumbest faggot I've ever seen on /tg/. You are even worse than Carnac.

Please tell me more about how only 2 of the special orders in DFC will ever be used because the rest are pointless.
>>
My FLGS owner is pretty timid to pick up new games after being burned by fickle players demanding an then bailing on Dust, Heroclix, Spartan Games, Relic Knights, and Wrath of Kings so it's been a struggle the past couple years to get him to stock any DzC. We've still managed to cobble a player base of half a dozen out of special orders and online sales when we had to. Hopefully Dropfleet will convince him to carry some Hawk stock, he doesn't believe me when I tell him that we're still going to buy stuff from him after the Kickstarter even though I explained that battleships exist and we have at least two people that want in after missing the Kickstarter.

The point is that the game is doing fine in pockets, even in stores were the FLGS is wary to stock it. I hear it's even better in the UK. Last CaptainCon I ran a bunch of demos for it and I know a few people ended up buying starters over the weekend.
>>
>>49092382
Sure dude - I can belive that with his IQ he has to do it for such long time to get crappy results as we can all see.
>>
>>49092426
you seem to care enough to take all random post you don’t like and attribute it to some 1 mythical shaltari
>>
This guy has a real fixation on calling Dave fat. Maybe he's a spurned lover trying to shame the man who broke his heart.
>>
>>49092438
>he's so fucking stupid he doesn't realize how obvious his posts are as the same person

It's like you're as bad at self-awareness as you are at wargames and spelling.
>>
>>49092443
Probably projection, I'm guessing he is as landwhale as they come.
>>
>>49092430
>as we can all see
>we
you mean.. just you? your samefaggotry is as rampant as the faggotry that is your existence.
>>
>>49092541
He still bumps the thread tho lol
>>
>>49093123
He's also feeding us memes.

Prepainted, Sheltari, etc.
>>
>>49093226

Its funny how there is always one or two dudes like that one these forums. They say the same shit and are easy as hell to spot.

You think they would get tired of making the same shit jokes when hardly anyone cares.
>>
File: waiting skeleton.jpg (21KB, 259x286px) Image search: [Google]
waiting skeleton.jpg
21KB, 259x286px
Has hawk said when the backer rewards are supposed to go out for DFC?
>>
File: tfwnospaceships.jpg (23KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnospaceships.jpg
23KB, 385x385px
>>49093315

It is still Soon(TM) bruh
>>
>>49093315
Should go out today
>>
Damn, Germanbro's new video is enlightening.

Frigate spam may be the way for PHR.
>>
>>49092417
>dropped the ball on the kickstarter
>raised over a million dollars at the time of the kickstarter
>is only 2 or 3 months behind schedule, a massive game, for a small 5 man team
>dropped the ball
Wew

>>49092430
>Dave's models
>crappy
You've gone too far

>>49093396
Hopefully(tm) today, but otherwise within the week or so.
>>
>>49089969
>Here dog, sniff this this sock from the 200 year old server we're looking for
>>
>>49090419
Maybe he could also bring on a part-time WEBMASTER
>>
>>49093686
Also a good idea, their website is in desperate need of updating.

How many writer, editor, webmaster, game designers do you think there are in London.
>>
>>49093669

What if they were smartdoges?
>>
>>49093696
shut up sheltari faggot
>>
>>49093756
w-what? How am I sheltari? It's a legitimate observation.
>>
>>49093696
Higher more than one person on a part-time basis. Problem solved.
>>
Went and bought my DFC starter preorder. Now I just get to wait until October, right?

Then I have to make it and paint it and then try and proselytize at my lgs whose only wargame scene is malifaux.
>>
>>49093802
Look at his lack of capitalization and punctuation. It's sheltari false-flagging to turn us against each other.
>>
>>49093841
>only wargame scene is malifaux

Fucking rare, dude.

Do you live in a hot topic or something?
>>
>>49093841
>then try and proselytize at my lgs whose only wargame scene is malifaux.
That's good, since the niche for "any wargame that isn't skirmish level" is totally open for you to move into. It'd be a lot harder if there was a good 40k or warmahordes presence there.
>>
>>49093866
You think you're joking, but...
There's one guy who fucking loves it, afaict, who single-handledly maintains the scene, newbie games every other thursday, etc.

>>49093873
I guess there's that.
>>
>>49093824
I don't really think that's Hawk's style, if they're going to be getting someone to write books and to maintain the website, they'll be a part of the team proper; they only got temps to pack the DFC rewards.
>>
>>49093998
They already hire out their main painting guy on small contracts
>>
>>49093696
I can do a little of all of those things, though webmaster is by far the weakest. Of course I live in New England soooo...
>>
>>49093802
There is no legitimate observations that conclude in Hawk being wrong or at fault with anything. If you think otherwise, you are a sheltari. It's realy as simple as that.
>>
>>49094436
nice meme
>>
New update on kickstarter !!!
>>
>>49094445

Lies
>>
>>49094445
Don't give me false hope like that, anon.
>>
>>49094445
>!!!

Fake and gay.
>>
>>49094445
I truly appreciate the update. I hope whatever is keeping the printed materials from being finished is resolved quickly.

I have had too many kick starters where the creator has given date after date after date and then excuse after excuse, or just gone silent for months at a time. I appreciate that Hawk is providing updates and is consistent with the reason and not making unrealistic promises.

I suspect someone at Hawk is sweating bullets to get the printer to finish the job(s).

Good luck Hawk - love the games.
>>
File: Post Human Superiority.jpg (55KB, 403x521px) Image search: [Google]
Post Human Superiority.jpg
55KB, 403x521px
COMPUTER, MASCHINE, PANZERMENSCH
GEH G'RADEAUS
LASS ES RAUS
>>
File: GIGGLING DROPSHIPS.jpg (84KB, 700x343px) Image search: [Google]
GIGGLING DROPSHIPS.jpg
84KB, 700x343px
1 hour 15 minutes until 6PM in Britbongistan. Do you think we'll get an update today?

I imagine they didn't expect everyone to be so feverishly waiting for updates.
>>
Design a second fast mover for the Scourge, PHR, or Shaltari, /dcg/
>>
>>49095062
I'm really hoping zo, if only to prevent all the whining on the KS
>>
>>49095092
>Design a second fast mover for the Scourge, PHR, or Shaltari, /dcg/

Scourge: RAZORBIRD. It is a fast mover razorworm

Shaltari: TAILS JOKE

PHR: A flyer with the bigass scorpion gun for penetrating from above
>>
>>49095301
>bomber that drops high yield razorworm bombs

>Shaltari transition FM gunship, similar to the VTOL Hellhog

>PHR strike fighter armed wing a single high powered gun for killing heavy targets; cyborg A-10
>>
>>49095408
Bump for update Soon(tm) hopefully.
>>
>>49096152
Update is up. Will be shipped by 13 September.
>>
>>49095408
PHR continually try to design a fighter thats efficient, and packs power, but they keep basically designing the hell hog with their army colors on it. Giant schism in the PHR as dudes like Marcus just take the weapon because hey, it works, while others lose their shit and refuse to command armies with such an inelegant piece of shit in their ranks.
>>
>>49096203
>lying
>on the internet
>>
>>49096264
I have heard, that fat dave has run with the money. He established his base of operations in Argentina (as all nazis did) and from there together with Hitler brain he will attack gamer communities with shitty products and failed kickstarters. I'm true shEltari
>>
>>49096334
Is this meta-ironic bait?
>>
>>49096356
yup yup yup - anything to keep this joke of a game going up on 4chan. If you havent figured it out alraedy ...
>>
>>49096409
Thanks, it's good to see that someone will bump.

Where did the PHR or Shaltari touch you?
>>
>>49096445
No problem - always happy to show undecided people how great the community around hawk games is.
>>
>>49096485
>shitposter with bad english and nothing but adhoms
>showing how "bad" the hawk community is
Lolok
>>
>>49096485
We are pretty great.

This doesn't seem fair on you though. I'm sure there are AoS threads you'd rather be posting on.
>>
>>49094046
Eh, has England in the name, should be close enough.

Please be in RI, my selection of players is frighteningly small.
>>
How are people feeling about he UCMs heavy tank situation? I'm getting sick of not being able to hold any territory against all these heavy guns that kill my Sabres and Katanas with ease. Are Gladius' and Broadswords worth the points as a mainline bruiser?
>>
>>49096678
Depends on the faction you're going against imo. What exactly is giving you a ton of problems? Hades and Nemesis?
>>
>>49096664
Massachusetts, Westborough.

>>49096833
Yea, mostly PHR super heavies.
>>
>>49096556
somethingsomethinggroupthink

somethingsomethingmuhsociologyproject
>>
File: Jungle Devil.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Jungle Devil.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49090324
>>49091024
Hey heroes. I took a couple days off because I'm a lazy fuck. Here's chapter four.
>>
>>49096938
>individual likes something
>individual defends thing he likes
>individuals with similar likes group together
>group collectively likes thing
>group collectively defends thing
Makes me laugh every time.
>>
>>49096890
Have you been running air gunships? Eagles can really lay a pounding on the PHR super heavies, as can Falcons if your opponent lets them.

I'm not a huge fan of the Gladius or the Scimitar for fighting the super heavies. Hades can really eat a bunch of them before going down, and if you deploy enough to reliably take down a Hades you start lacking in other sections. Bring an eagle, or some falcon As, or even a Ferrum and harass the shit out of the Hades.
>>
>>49096678
Gunships nigga.

UCM are the aircraft/infantry faction. Bring some Rapiers for anti-air, don't bother with Sabres. I personally feel that the Gladius and the Broadsword are/will be better choices than more Sabres, but they're there more for their board presence than for the damage they dish out.

The Broadsword in particular seems like it packs less punch than most superheavies (not against single targets - the Devastator 2 on its Mythslayer will probably scrap anything it hits, but it is only going to kill one thing per turn), but it is a slab of metal that is not at all easy to remove in a hurry.
>>
>>49096890

I am assuming you are talking about Hades and Zeus.

I don't think they are going to do it. Gladius and Broadswords are solid tanks, but really PHR Odins and Hades have lots of advantages that just make them better in a direct face off. You are just rolling the dice and hoping for a win. Their cost is higher but so are their stats. You should be attacking and weakening them with other means like drones, gunships, or longbows.

Your heavy tanks are more for bullying other units that are slightly weaker. UCM is more about combined arms than the other factions.
>>
>>49097055
Agreed

Broadsword if more for killing things like Alexanders or Hannibal.
>>
>>49096890
Oh damn I lived there briefly, lol.

The Broadsword is pretty much designed to bitchslap PHR. You may want to look into gunships as well. Eagles are flying Broadswords.

>>49096978
You are a special kind of hero and we will treasure you always.
>>
>>49097057
This. The Hades, if I'm not mistaken, costs more than twice as many points as the Broadsword, and you can see the difference in their stats.

Nothing you have as a UCM commander will ever 1v1 its PHR equivalent reliably. That's not how the faction works. Instead you have a wide range of units that can perform multiple roles effectively.
>>
>>49096978
Oh man there are so many ways this can go. The idea that the jungle devil has the opposite of a mind control fetish is hilarious, and the reasoning that someone who could almost match her in combat is the one who catches her attention makes more sense then some smut does.
>>
>reading Kickstarter comments
>"It's important to keep customers in the loop"
>Customers
Wew
>>
>>49094762
I absolutely love how that song has become the PHR anthem.
>>
>>49097427
Can we just purge kickstarter commenters, please?
>>
>>49097427
I don't understand these people. The customer/investor difference with Kickstarters shouldn't be that fucking hard to comprehend.

Besides, this is nothing compared to other KS projects out there.
>>
>>49097427
>>49097805
>>49097814
>backer says " according to facebook we could be looking at a month wait"
>doesn't provide a link or cap
W E W
>>
>>49097814

It is because it is about to get released. This is one of those things no one will be happy about regardless.

The more information Hawk gives the worse off they actually are. People say they want more updates, but they don't really. It would just give them more shit to whine about. Nothing short of we just started shipping days ago will please anyone.

The thing they are forgetting is everything happening right now is quality control. Hawk is literally doing their due diligence making sure the product everyone paid for is up to snuff. So that the KS guys don't get a run of something that will always be inferior to the release version. This is actually a good thing for all of us.

I also find it humorous though that the hold up was printing something. I bet they saw the copy and were like holy fuck its the Reconquest Phase 1 paragraph out of place problem all over again. Send this shit back until its fucking perfect, which is what we should all want.
>>
>>49097055
So what, only Katanas? The problem is that all the good UCM shit is support, still need required battleground units to even be able to get gunships and artillery...
>>
>>49097942
T H I S
Hawk has been in the business for 4 years now, they can't afford to have a fucked up core rulebook for a new game.
>>
>>49098221
Katanas work as a cheap way to unlock a support slot, and still have some decent tanks. Alternately, bringing 2 scimitars that drive onto the board edge is a decent way to poke at a walker and also opens a support slot for you.
>>
>>49098221
Rapiers, mortar teams, etc.

Anti-air is always useful and mortars are great. Tack your gunships onto them.
>>
>>49098221
Yes. They are pretty decent at building demo and on roads they have an acceptable speed to not require a transport for that role.

>>49098416
Rapiers are support bro
>>
>>49095092
PHR: bomber that shits surveillance drones and nanoswarms

Scourge: corsair with a real AA weapon

Shaltari: actually good ground attack craft
>>
>>49098221

The min max way is Katanas. Because you can drive them on and they are better at fighting skimmers. They are the most cost effective and efficient tank because they will always have great targets and can murder buildings.

The Saber is a good tank, but it is an all arounder. You are sabers there for a flank push. They should always outnumber their opponent and be sure to utilize smart smoke to keep their survival up.

Gladius are basically heavy sabers. You use them to get the advantage against enemies like the Ares or Tomahawks. They will also murder slayers and tormentors, but those kinda suck anyway. The thing here is these guys should be alone. Gladius tanks supported by some katanas or sabers is the way to create an armored block with UCM.

Broadsword tanks are basically there to kill Alexanders and Hannibals along with special ground units like Kodiaks or Oppressors . They are also good at hurting annoying units like the Jaguars who have a lot of health, but low armor. That passive counter measure will always be annoying, but the low armor means it should do serious damage in one shot if it get through.

Scimitars are pretty great often overlooked support tank. Never underestimate the power of that infinite range laser. And the A10 2 DP means it will get plenty of shots off all game if you put it in a good lane.

In all cases, you need to be teaming your stuff. For a ground brick, Broadsword supported by a few sabers would be murderous. It is hard to get past all those E10 shots when everything has A10. They are relatively cheap as well compared to most stuff. But really even though, you should be also using things like smart smoke to protect your broadsword and gunships to whittle down enemies that can do serious damage to your vehicles. Its all about combined arms.
>>
>@OldNick Seeing as they've already explained in update 50 that the delay is due to the print run, it sound like the main complaint you have is how often they tell it to you.
>Trust me, I'm as impatient for news as anyone else, but I realise that part of it just the inner child who constantly asks "Are we nearly there yet?" during car journeys ;)

FUKKIN
REKT
>>
IMO Broadsword could get demolisher 2 for their main gun at least.
>>
>>49098935
Of all possible changes, I think one of the following would be the best.

>Devastator- D2+1
>R(c) +6"
>CM A, P6+
or
>Demolisher- 2
>>
>>49098935
Yeah, I'd say you could make a solid argument for it having a level of demolisher.

I think its current devastator level is fine, and, in fact, if you made the gun any better at swatting big things, you'd have to also up the points cost.

IMO though it's actually a very good option as it is. It's a tough, hard-to-crack slab of mobile armor with a gun that punishes all the big, flashy things that UCM commanders tend to struggle with.
>>
>>49099088

Agreed. It is a little too pricey right now for what is brings.

It would help it in shooting matches against other heavy units.
>>
>>49099183
Honestly, I'd make the case that rather than demolisher (no railgun in game has demo, as far as I know), it should either have a longer range (seriously, look at the size of that barrel) or the tank itself should, due to its sheer size and bulk, have some form of limited passive save. Even just a 6+ would help bridge the gap in toughness between the biggest UCM tank, and PHR stuff.
>>
So, it's officially past 9 in bongland, no update today.
>>
I have no idea what to do without a ferrum: the list

Standard Army
Clash: 1499/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1499/1500 pts]

Field Command [366 pts]
Kodiak: Kodiak(Lieutenant) [168 pts]
Wolverine Squad: 4x Wolverine A, 2x Raven B(+Missile Pods) [118 pts]
Falcon Squad: 2x Falcon [80 pts]

Armored Formation [246 pts]
Katana Squad: 3x Katana [111 pts]
Rapier Squad: 3x Rapier [135 pts]

Armored Formation [191 pts]
Katana Squad: 3x Katana [111 pts]

Legionnaire Corps [160 pts]

Legionnaire Corps [256 pts]
Rapier Squad: 3x Rapier, Condor(+Missile Pods) [176 pts]

Expeditionary Group [280 pts]
Wolverine Squad: 4x Wolverine A [72 pts]
>>
>>49099270
Fuck you sheltari !
>>
>>49099364
One, that's a lot of falcons.
Two, you could probably do with another squad of legionaries, or if possible, a squad of praetorians.
Three, you might need a condor for that first rapier squad.

>>49099411
Stop pretending to not be yourself.
>>
>>49099364
I'd suggest something to enable you to push the enemy out of buildings. Legionaries aren't known for their CQB prowess, and while hazard suits are tough as nails they won't be killing too much with their 3 CQB dice per base.
>>
>>49099364
Where are the Praetorians?

Where are the mortars?

Where the Eagles?

I don't understand.
>>
famous commanders from phase 2 don't accommodate phase 2 units for their special rules. for example, Rodriguez makes his cyclones to have rare characteristic, but not for typhoon. it that intentional?
>>
>>49099588
Probably a typo, but it can be assumed that Cyclones also refer to Typhoons.
>>
So any info on kickstarter update ? Did hawk dropped the baul :D ?
>>
>>49099667
nice meme, and no, not yet.
>>
File: 1450183293854.gif (745KB, 414x317px) Image search: [Google]
1450183293854.gif
745KB, 414x317px
>>49099667
>"We hope to have shipments out by the end of August"
>THAT'S A CAST-IRON DEADLINE OF NINE PM
>>
>>49099851
Do not feed the sheltari with posts, their delicate digestive systems will only accept chili dogs.

Anything else will just result in it shitting everywhere.
>>
>>49099473
>>49099494

>One, that's a lot of falcons
My lust for BRRRT cannot be contained.

>praetorians
Yeah I saw this problem when building it too. Easy swap for a single Hazard to praetorians, just strip off all the missile pods.

General idea I had for that was I would rely on the katanas for building demo a brick of 9 does this rather well with longbow back up, have the hazards up front searching for shit not giving a fuck about the building coming down around their heads; plus being able to serve as AT if they cant find shit. The rapiers rolling on the board as a back field defense and the ones in the condor going midfield. Wolverines being opportunistic AA and spotting for mega death laser. Falcons going around bullying everything on the ground

Now how well that would actually work out in practice is a completely different matter, but it seemed like a fun and a little different approach.
>>
>>49100100
I'll give you credit, you're trying something different and that's worth doing. I think by replacing a hazard suit team with some praetorians, your list has a lot of possibilities. I do think it might be a little slow except for those brrt birds, but you're not PHR so its not like you'll be going maximum slow on the map, especially since you have katanas.
>>
Why are Ferrums so good?
>>
>>49101496
Starsprites can overwhelm most AA
Starsprites can destroy pretty much anything if you have enough of them
No limit to the number of drones that can be spawned.
Drones can AA
Drones are scouts
It's a very useful unit.
>>
>>49100642
Thanks, I try to keep things interesting. The problem I keep running into is there are units that are just too damn useful its hard not to take them, like the ferrum and praetorians.

>>49101496
Swiss army knife. If you have played starcraft you will know the glory of the protoss carrier, same deal really. Spawns drones that can move 30", count as scouts for indirect fire, and bomb the shit out of any high armor target. Also it looks like a sandcrawler so its pretty badass.
>>
>>49101496
because they're support options, meaning they fit into pre existing battlegroups, they produce air units that can either destroy other air units or focus fire down some vehicles, and their drones act as scouts for spotting purposes, which compliments the only command unit the UCM had at the time of creation. Plus you don't have to bring transports, considering the drone's speed.
>>
r8 my 1500 Shaltari, senpai

Microwaved Brick
Clash: 1495/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1495/1500 pts]

Gate Group [346 pts]
Eden Medium Gates: Eden [50 pts]
Spirit Light Gates: Spirit [43 pts]
Spirit Light Gates: Spirit [43 pts]
Haven Terragate: Haven [20 pts]

Court of Elders [264 pts]
Gharial Command Grav Tank: Gharial(Warchief) [210 pts]
Yari Light Grav-Tanks: 2x Yari(+Light Ion Cannon) [54 pts]

Shaltari Swordpoint [210 pts]
Tarantula Battle Striders: 2x Tarantula [110 pts]
Birdeater Battle Striders: 2x Birdeater [100 pts]

Shaltari Warrior Clan [240 pts]
Braves: 2x Braves [70 pts]
Birdeater Battle Striders: 2x Birdeater [100 pts]

Shaltari Warrior Clan [180 pts]
Firebird Gunships: Firebird [40 pts]

Shaltari Warfist [255 pts]
Leopard Warstriders: 2x Leopard [170 pts]
Dreamsnare Warstrider: Dreamsnare [85 pts]
>>
File: Ceasefire.jpg (487KB, 2048x1574px) Image search: [Google]
Ceasefire.jpg
487KB, 2048x1574px
HAHA, YES, I FOUND IT
>>
>>49102446
>That resistance guy looking tired and frustrated at everyone trying to show him the awesome toys
>UCM guy trying to poker face and tell the resistance guy how to play without being overt
>Scourgebro just sitting back and enjoying the game
>Shaltarifucker being smug as fuck
>PHRfag constantly pointing out problems and rolling dice randomly during the movement phase

also man that left flank is totally secured by the Shaltari, is that an ocelot and a coyote?
>>
>>49102554
What's even more

>UCM visor so reflective you can see the cards
>Resistance dude gently holding the dropship with two fingers by the stand
>Scourge premeasuring
>>
>>49102446
>>49102587
Question for ya /dcg/, do you prefer sitting or standing while wargaming? I have to stand, I miss too much if I sit and my mind starts wandering.
>>
>>49102691
Standing, definitely; sitting while wargaming feels like sitting while playing pool.
>>
>>49102739

I sit down when it's not my turn.
>>
>>49102446

Where did this come from?
>>
>>49102446
>Dat Smugtari

>>49102691
>>49102739

Barstools m8s, its glorious when its not your turn.
>>
File: Reavers05.jpg (14KB, 375x188px) Image search: [Google]
Reavers05.jpg
14KB, 375x188px
Resistance fleet when?
>>
>>49102886

Never, they cant muster enough ships to invade anything.
>>
>>49102886
They won't be a faction in dropfleet. There will however be a new alien faction arriving for dropfleet probably when the first expansion book comes out.
>>
>>49102956
Space-only aliens? Or is Dropzone getting them too?
>>
>>49102819
Yeah barstools is the move. My new FLGS only has one and it seems on the verge of collapse from supporting the weight of many a fa/tg/uy so I should probably talk to the owner this weekend about grabbing some more, maybe have the players start a fund so we can get some nice stools in for everyone.
>>
>>49103050
Don't know yet, logically you would assume they would eventually be added to DZ as well.
>>
>>49102956
>>49103050
>>49103099
I thought they were being added in phase 3 to DZC, and then coming to DFC for its next expansion.

Or the reverse, depending on which comes first.
>>
>>49103120
I think it was stated somewhere that they'll be encountered in space first and then show up on the ground in Phase 3. Which tells us Dropfleet 1st expansion should come before phase 3.
>>
>>49103160
Honestly, it makes more sense to keep both games' phases chronologically synced. It would bug the shit out of me otherwise.
>>
>>49103236
Chronologically > numerically
>>
Here's betting that the 5th/6th race will be von neumanns or something similar.
>>
>>49103580
Grey goo seems thematically uninteresting.
>>
>>49103629
It doesn't have to be grey-goo, it could be a colony of specialized macro-machines.
>>
>>49103050
Given that the goal of dropfleet is to capture ground targets with troops, space-only would be hard to justify.
>>
>>49103236
I don't think they're going to name the dropfleet expansions "reconquest phase whatever", it'll have its own naming scheme
>>
>>49104152
Yeah especially considering the dropfleet main rulebook advances the plot past Phase 2
>>
>>49104187
Man this could easily lead to some serious confusion if someone stays a fan of DZC but doesn't buy the DFC books.
>Wait, why the fuck is their a bunch of scenarios for fighting on Shaltari worlds? what the fuck has been happening?
>>
>>49105781
Gotta catch 'em all, anon.
You see, Games Workshop's biggest failing was that players didn't have to buy the codices for OTHER armies.... We hope to rectify this.
>>
>>49105903
>didn't you read the drophulk commander book? A big UCM dreadnought got destroyed in the Shangri-La system during a counter attack
>now whenever you play dropfleet commander or dropzone commander and your ships were stationed in the Shangri-La system they can't use the highest tiers of units
>oh, but you get to add mega fauna for free in your army because they tamed the beasts, including the massive voidworms. So pick a few of those up for your sector fleets.
>>
>>49105949
I want Resistance armies to get access to Mega-Fauna on the table.
>>
>>49106064
You know some crazy motherfucker had to try and ride a dinosaur to get away from a scourge patrol at some point.
>>
File: shangrai-lahdeedah.jpg (687KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
shangrai-lahdeedah.jpg
687KB, 1024x768px
>>49106064
>>49106121

Gentlemen, BEHOLD THE FUTURE
>>
>>49105903
>not just interweaving fluff with the books
>but also having the fluff be spread out through multiple systems
Just according to keikaku
>>
>broadsword class superheavy tank
>implies there might be a longsword

Also, Sabre B when?

>Avenger-L railgun
>E10, 1 shot, 2+ Acc, infinite full range, 30" countered range, 4" mf, devastator-1D2
>>
File: spaceimages_2270_9611552.jpg (26KB, 504x403px) Image search: [Google]
spaceimages_2270_9611552.jpg
26KB, 504x403px
SCOURGE PLAYERS WILL DEFEND THIS
>>
>>49106692
>>implies there might be a longsword
All UCM tanks are named after swords. I don't see why you think 'broadsword' implies it anymore than 'katana' or 'saber' or 'gladius'.
>>
>>49106720
>Africa still intact
>>
>>49106720
Better than the UCM players did.

>>49106692
I wonder which weapon system the longsword would use. Maybe it would act as super anti AA, with a railgun designed to shoot down aircraft?
>>
>>49106769
tbf, UCM didn't exist back then.
>>
>>49106692
How is that statline not strictly better than the regular sabre railgun??
>>
>>49106744
generally, the smaller the tank, the smaller the sword.

Rapiers and sabres are, irl, smaller blades than gladii, and scimitars. Likewise, katana are smaller than rapiers and sabres, or at least shorter.
>>
>>49106720

What does Scourgaclaus bring to all the good little boys and girls on Scourgemas?
Horrible death of course!

Standard Army
Clash: 1500/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1500/1500 pts]

Oppressors [282 pts]
Oppressor: Oppressor(Enslaver) [170 pts]
Minders: 4x Minder, Intruder Beta [56 pts]
Minders: 4x Minder, Intruder Beta [56 pts]

Vanguard [105 pts]
Hunter Squad: 3x Hunter [105 pts]

Warriors [254 pts]
Warrior Horde: 2x Warriors, Intruder Alpha [94 pts]
Corruptors: 2x Corruptor [160 pts]

Warriors [254 pts]
Warrior Horde: 2x Warriors, Intruder Alpha [94 pts]
Corruptors: 2x Corruptor [160 pts]

Invasion Host [398 pts]
Slayer Squad: 2x Slayer(+Razorworms), Marauder [191 pts]
Slayer Squad: 2x Slayer(+Razorworms), Marauder(+2 Vampires) [207 pts]

Invasion Host [207 pts]
Slayer Squad: 2x Slayer(+Razorworms), Marauder(+2 Vampires) [207 pts]
>>
>>49106793
it's supposed to be, because the current sabre statline is pretty shit for a standard unit; I just really like the model, or at least the hull
>>
>>49106820
I like the two warriors. I forget, can you carry multiple objectives at once?
>>
>>49106820
>2 bases of infantry
Oh how I would love to play against this
>>
>>49106934
Does it matter when no one wants to go into any of the buildings?

>>49106964
2 bases of infantry and 18 razor worms!
>>
>>49107046
>2 bases of infantry and 18 razor worms!
Mother of God
>>
>>49107046
Razor worms can't actually take objectives though, and the vehicular forces will crumple pretty easily
>>
>>49107189
I'd be more worried about his lack of anti air, he does have 6 slayers, 3 hunters and an oppressor. He only has 8 minders and 4 vampires, which seem really low if the enemy brings gunships or any fast movers.
>>
>>49107284
I would rebuild the list with an Overseer instead of an Oppressor. Add AA whilst also buffing all the slayers, warriors, marauders, vampires, and hunters.
>>
>>49107284
I would just be excited to fly my dropships wherever I want and rip him up with my Ares and Helios.
>>
>>49107189
Yes, and? You forgot one key thing. The enemy cant go for objectives either if they are turned into a puree!! Or they do the sensible thing, say "Fuck that noise" and just level the building.

>>49107284
>>49107381
This list was for fun to see how many razorworms I could be able to put on the board with atleast some AA. But yeah, this would get thrashed by gunships pretty badly.
>>
>>49106833
Why would they ever design a Sabre variant that is strictly better than the existing one? That would be utterly retarded.
>>
>>49107466
That assumes the razor worms make it to the building
>>
>>49107467
Then they should probably buff the current sabre, shouldn't they :^)
>>
>>49102446
>that PHRbro being like "what the fuck are you doing bud"
>scourge guy cheating
sides done
>>
>>49107564
Of course, but the Wormlord wills it! But seriously, I don't even play Scourge and the idea was making me giggle like an idiot.

>>49107594
The sabre isn't bad, it is solid but outshined in the current meta where the katana pulls ahead.
>>
>>49107594

You can't really buff the saber without having to change all the other tanks in line.
>>
>>49107768
The PHR dude is actually throwing dice, I think.

>>49107771
>The sabre isn't bad, it is solid but outshined in the current meta where the katana pulls ahead.
Oh no, by all accounts it's not a bad unit; but a good unit compared to a great unit is to a bad unit compared to a good unit.
>>
>>49107786
Well then the Katana needs to be nerfed somehow; it's the same deal with the Shaltari as well, pretty much every list runs Tarantulas rather than Tomahawks, and I can't remember the last time I've seen Ares run in a type-1 squadron.

As it stands, only the Scourge have their original standards and their new standards maintaining some parity.
>>
>>49102446
Is this the comfiest DZC pic ever?
>>
>>49107814
Y'know, thinking about it, is the Coyote even used anymore?
>>
>>49107815
If there is a more comfy pic, I don't know what it is.
>>
>>49107799
You're right on both the dice and the analogy.
I think sabres come into their own in 2500 point games when you build towards articulation shenanigans. But katanas are still easier to use.
>>
>>49107799
>The PHR dude is actually throwing dice, I think.
shit, so he is
>>
>>49107911
Fair point, I'd just like to see the UCM get a variant of their MBT that is actually competitive with the Katana in smaller games, and the only way I can see something like this happening is:
>increase the points cost slightly
>take away articulation
>give the new weapon one of the following
>better range
>slightly better energy (probably not a good idea)
>some form of devastator, however small

Or hell, make an entirely new sculpt that's an armored main battle tank, similar to the sabre and with some new weapon, but a 6+ passive save for more points or some other malus.
>>
>>49107911
>>49107961
Actually, fuck, you know what would make the Sabres competitive? Give them something similar to the Katana's smoke launcher, (something that wouldn't require a new sculpt); maybe a "once per game, +1 acc modifier", except without the clause saying that the squad can't shoot.
>>
>>49107814
>>49107961
>>49108024
I am laughing at the thought that this discussion taken completely out of context could be described as "/tg/ discusses nerfing katanas to make other swords competitive"
>>
>>49108024

Make 'em cheaper.
>>
File: HAH.png (1KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
HAH.png
1KB, 125x125px
>>49108058
my sides

>>49108069
That too
>>
>>49106281

HARNESS THE POWER!

>damn it guys, just because the Scourge is doing it doesn't mean it's smart
>>
Do the UCM have any barrage units besides the mortar team?
>>
>>49108058
Oh lawdy my sides have entered orbit.

>>49107961
>>49108058
>>49108079
Some combination of these should work fairly well.

Being cheaper down to what the katana used to cost could be a huge improvement.
Sabre squads at 99 points could be all that is needed. Now getting that condor doesn't look like too bad of a deal. This would also relatively line the UCM up with the Scourge standard choices as well.
>>
Do you guys think there's any chance Hawk will eventually release a 2nd edition of the game with updated rules and models?
>>
>>49085862
Jesus christ I just noticed the filename on that pic.
>>
>>49108330
Probably not until the reconquest arc is finished.
I'm assuming that phase 3 will be the last reconquest, with the culmination being the beggining of the Sol theatre.
Hawk releases DZC 2.0: electric boogaloo, moves the story along with the progress of Earth's invasion, and the introduction of faction X.

2.0 would be a collated, updated, and proofed compilation of all rules from 1.0 to phase 3, as well as all faction units, as well as faction X; it's probably going to be a huge book.

After that, I'd expect factions Y, Z, and W to start popping up in subsequent 2.0 expansions; iirc, Dave wanted a maximum of 8 factions, and if the reconquest is successful, the resistance may become depreciated as a fluffy faction, although I don't see how Hawk could pull support from an entire army.
>>
Let's see, how many known species do the Scourge currently have in their roster:

- Lizardmen (not actively breeding)
- Razorworms
- Humans
- Destroyers
- Screamers
- Vampires
>>
>>49108447
>Vampires
>Screamers
are those actually species, or just constructs made by the scourge?
>>
>>49108467
Vampires are natural species found on the cradle worlds, and Screamers were brought along like the razorworms and destroyers.
>>
>>49108467
They're new species. You can read the fluff in their unit entries if you download the scan of the Phase 2 units in the OP.

Now what I'm wondering is, what are we going to see next? Perhaps a super-heavy critter even bigger than a Screamer?
>>
>>49090722
Hey guys, I'm starting on this story tonight. Might post something in a couple hours if I get a fair amount done and I'm feeling it's up to par.

Also I picked a trip to use for when posting writefaggotry.

Still waiting on scananon for Phase 2. This has been a simple no-pressure reminder. That is all.
>>
>>49108626
woo, more writefaggotry.
>>
does anyone have the other pdfs from the jungle devil anon?
>>
>>49108706
Do you mean the one shot with Jocasta lusting after Marcus Brorros?
>>
>>49108764
yeah, thats the one
>>
>>49108821
There ya go, enjoy
>>
>>49108190
Oh, almost missed ya. No, UCM only have mortar teams for barrage. They do have longbows and kodiaks for indirect fire but that's obviously not quite the same thing.
>>
>>49108838
thanks famalam
>>
>>49108190
>>49108862

Retaliator brosefs. 3 use barrage.
>>
>>49106567

Didn't Kevin Siembieda come up with that 20 years ago?
>>
>>49108058

Does it end with us replacing it with a new tank called a Masterwork Bastard Sword?
>>
Update on kickstarter !
>>
>>49109733
My argument is that they could have started putting together another update when they knew that their August target would not be reached (which must have been a few days ago), so they have already had days to put together an update..

In less than 2 minutes I could type an update saying, "Sorry guys for reasons beyond our control we can't start fulfillment by the end of August", plus an indication of whether fulfillment in September is possible or not (which I assume they should know). That would be professional enough for me and contain the info I need. They could have done that before August ended.

I am not frothing at the mouth with frustration or anything, I just think keeping us regularly updated, especially when they are missing timescales they themselves have set out, would calm even the most irate backers.

Like I've said before I don't care when I get my stuff as long as I know when (and when not) to expect it.
>>
>>49109755
Shut up shaltari fagg
>>
>>49109796
Echoing other's comments - i'm not furious at the lack of product arriving, these thigns happen. I'm very frustrated that a multi-person operation that has been oeprating as a professional business for years now is seemingly incapable of communicating in the way plenty of one-man kickstarters do. As barry just said - writing an update takes sub-5 minutes. No excuse for the poor level of backer communication to date.
>>
>>49109806
Stop this copypasting shit you shaltari moron !
>>
Whe when i click news on hawk homepage it leads me to 12/02/15 update ? Is this company even existing right now ?
>>
>>49109796
>>49109814
This is just sad and embarrassing, why do you do this. Go sperg out at yourself in someone else's general thread.

Also no one ever called you a "shaltari", we called you "sheltari anon" because you're the fucking retard who couldn't spell it right.
>>
>>49109949
What can you say about hawk no communication policy ?
>>
>>49104152
Yeah, but it looks like it's going to be both advancing together. So we're getting, in order:
DzC Phase 1
DzC Phase 2
DfC Phase 1
DfC Phase 2
DzC Phase 3
DfC Phase 3
etc
>>
>>49110038
I can say chill the fuck out and stop freaking out like a goddamn 5 year old, the kickstarter stuff will get delivered when it gets delivered, and no amount of manchildren whining on the internet is going to magically fix whatever is causing the delays.
>>
>>49110038
There has been communication. We've been told what is happening.

Telling us it's still happening will change nothing.
>>
Dropfleet beta rule leak when?!
>>
>>49110729

If it does get released hopefully it is after the game has been in retail for a while.

You don't want people using what may be a broken ruleset and getting turned off on the game.
>>
>>49110761
It's better to let people lose interest in the game because you can play Armada and Corelian Conflict that basicly shits all over drop crap
>>
File: 1MNbLkz.png (18KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1MNbLkz.png
18KB, 625x626px
>>49111086

Try harder next time. You can do better than that.
>>
>>49111131
Well to put aside trolling for a minute I do concider it to be superior system. I wanted drop fleet to succed because it will be cheeper - there wont be cards that you have to buy from ebay to have the needed amount and no money drain with each wave. But looking at it now the game adds nothing new for me. At least armada has uniqe movment system that is easy and intuitve. Drop fleet looks - at this point like a game that could be about anything with ships. You could easly make inifniti like skirmish with those rules (spikes are how loud is given soldier and leyers are how much of his silhuet he exposes and so on). The thing that i fear the most is that hawk will colapse under the waight of fail that this game will turn out. When drop zone came out I was sure its going to be a hit - I loved space marine and then epic - it was my fav mini game (huge armies large conflicts is what appeled to me always) and in dzc on torunament level it boils down to objective grab and sometimes i dont event need to schoot or kill anything. The game didnt get off for such a long time and with both Epic and Gothic on the horrizon I fear that hawk wont be aveliable much longer to support this game (look at carnivale if you want to see the future)
>>
>>49111198
I agree

Compares to AGE OF SIGMARS this game has useless orders, poor balance

and before buyers remorse trolls say Dropfail is space game and sigmars is not, SIGMARS take place in MORTAL REALMS IN SPACE
>>
>>49111285
Dude i dont know anything about balance in drop fleet but drop zone doesnt make me optimistic about this either - that I will tell you. I look at Steam Forged games - super small company 2 games only Guild Ball that has nice METAL minis and Dark Souls that had like 3x Times the success of drop fleet on KSer - and that is the company on the rise (from UK also). This leads me to conclusion that you can do it good or you can fail at it.
>>
>>49111285
Slav poster, is that you?
>>
Not one mention of prepaint, I am disappoint
>>
>>49111564
I guess if someone has time and patiance to pay not to mention adds the cost of the paints to the cost of the minis then it may not ba a problem or even a bonus for this person.
>>
>wake up
>sheltari samefagging and funposting abound
We've got xenos provocateurs among us, lads.
>>
People are as you say iffy because hawk has messed up for the 3rd time on there estimates, they are also iffy because the retail release date is meant to be 30th of this month, and they are iffy because hawk has sailed through another estimate for delivery and have yet to say anything they may also be iffy on the fact that the backers have been the last to know anything on so many occasions its laughable. How about the changing the having products for sale at there dropfleet day in Cardiff to what 2 days before telling people they dont have it that would make any one iffy as you say, booking hotels price of travel that would utterly p*** people off so when should we start doubting hawk

I dont think the printers are at fault here i think hawk is because the simple rumours are hawk didn't give them the final copy to print till last month again take that with a pinch of salt as i have as no company on earth would be that stupid but then hawk has shown they have problems with time management.

I am sorry but you cant blame any one else but hawk. you can claim hawk are a good company all you want but this is my first dealings with hawk and I have to say I have been less than impressed. I would love to say I am sure we will get our stuff by the 30th of september but I would not bet on it at this stage.
>>
>>49108941
Yeah. but you can't combine multiple retaliator shots for a better barrage value; its weapon profile could easily be replaced by three different ranges.
>>
>>49107814
Ares and Tomahawks get used all the time
>>
>>49108626
>Still waiting on scananon for Phase 2. This has been a simple no-pressure reminder. That is all.
Sorry, but school dropped more shit on me yesterday that I wasn't expecting; today however should be totally free, so expect the scans by this afternoon.
>>
>>49110083
No
>>
>>49111897
You know, look at the stats again, I can see why; the retaliator can outrange pretty much all groundbased AA except the Phobos at it's small template range.
>>
>>49111905
>>49107814

Tomahawks and Ares get used often. The difference is they both don't really have a unit that does the same thing more efficiently. They are both have trade offs when taking other units and they both a bit more survivable than the Saber is.

The Saber isn't actually bad and the Katana isn't that great. With the Katana it is a nice tank, but it is really the speed and 2 shot cannon that makes it more useful. Skimmers and shield units are the most annoying threats you face on the field. Most of the time you aren't having to deal with AV10, but with multiwound units, ones with evasion, or with a passive save. All of these the Katana is better equiped to fight.

Worse still the math for fighting AV10 with Katanas is near the same as it is with a Sabre. You are still doing a single DP like 30% of the time. This puts the Katana further ahead. The only remaining advantage is the 4 inch range bonus and a better ability to do double damage on certain targets. In suitability, the saber does have AV10. However, most of your enemies have powerful enough weapons to easily deal with that because of E creep. Still it is a plus.

So here is the problem. The Katana isn't some horrible monster that needs to be nerfed. And the saber isn't so terrible that it needs to be buffs. So where do you go? The only thing you could do without having to up the abilities of everything else is give it a new special rule. The weapon is on the gladius and is sandwiched below the RX-1 railgun and for the most part the vehicle is priced where it should in its class. It probably needs a new special rule then, but making one that will fit the bill would be hard.
>>
>>49111905
Ehhhh.

Tomahawks maybe. Most PHR players prefer to load up their battle pantheons with Phobos and Helios, and then have a bunch of extremely beefy heavy pantheons to deal with stuff on the ground.
>>
>>49112150
There was that suggestion to make the Sabres 33 points each (thus making 3 sabres and a condor come to a cool 130 points), but then you'd have a case where only the UCM have a more expensive phase-1 standard, with their more expensive standard also being a light tank!

Honestly, I like the 6+ passive countermeasures idea; either that, or the railguns themselves could be buffed by 3 inches for the sabre and gladius.
>>
>>49112281
>then you'd have a case where only the UCM have a more expensive phase-1 standard, with their more expensive standard also being a light tank!
So?
>>
>>49112314
It would be extremely weird for your main battle tank to actually be cheaper to take than your light tank.
>>
>>49112325
Actually, on second thought, I'm retarded; by all account the Scourge Stalker is heavier than the Hunter.
>>
>>49112281
I think it is also worth pointing out a lot of people use the Katana to get around the "Dropship Tax". The idea being, Katanas are mostly there for building demo and can just drive on because they are fast.

It is worth mentioning because even if Sabers were 33 points I don't know if I would take them except for fun.

Range would be my preferred method of fix, but it would lead to the Saber severely outclassing the Ares. A saber could just kite an Ares and never lose.
>>
>>49112482

I think 33 point Sabers would be on the right way to edging Ares- attrition you see. 4 Sabres to 3 Ares walking, 1.5 Sabres to 1 Ares dropping in would be about right. The differences would become more pronounced with game size; the old Panzer/T-34 thing (which would be much the situation- the PHR tech base isn't so different from the UCM one that their mech-fixation is anything but a design luxury).
>>
Just to put sabre points into perspective:

>3 Sabres and a Condor 142 points
>3 E10, 3 Dp Mov 4

>2 Gladii and a Condor 149 points
> 4 E10, 4 Dp Mov 3

7 point difference and I know which I would take. This becomes even bigger at the next squad size where you can rotate the gladii formation to spread damage. 4 gladii are a better deal than both 6 sabres AND 9 sabres unless someone shits devastator-2 attacks down your throat
>>
New thread, commanders

>>49113223
>>49113223
>>49113223
>>
>>49113072
yeah but look at the weapon situation, 2 gladii, are 2 weapons, and 3 sabre are 3 weapon, 6 sabre are 6 weapons, where as 4 gladii are only 4, so those extra shots are directed at the same target, you have less shots to spread around. Also every gladii you lose reduces your firepower by far more, they are also slower. So its a matter of preference
>>
>>49110083
Yeah no that's not how it works. There isn't a DfC phase 1, you seem to be forgetting that the phases aren't names for the books in general but one specific expansion series called reconquest, which is in ADDITION to the core rules. The actual release looks like:

DzC Core
DzC Reconquest: Phase 1
DzC Reconquest: Phase 2
DfC Core
DfC Expansion 1
DzC Reconquest: Phase 3
DfC Expansion 2
>>
>>49113885
Maybe phase 3 will just include material from/for both.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.