[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doing a campaign and going to have a Chaos Dreadnought. In general,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Doing a campaign and going to have a Chaos Dreadnought. In general, how tough are they compared to Imperial guard tanks and vehicles. Are they monsters able to cut down thousands of IG or can any competent squad or vehicle take one out? Lore nub.
>>
>>49084459
They go from "a single Chaos Dread was able to take an entire planet alone, no problem" to "they are tough but nothing too fancy" based on the writer.
>>
>>49084459
Hellbrutes are statted in Enemies of the Imperium.
>>
>>49084459
I"d say it depends on the condition of the dread and who's in it. A chaos dreadnought in good condition with a former Chaos Lord in it could do a lot of damage to guardmen or pdf but poorly mantainted and manned by a less sane chaos marine is going to be about as dangerous as an imperial guard sentinel.
>>
Do rule of cool

I table top I'm pretty sure a Chaos Dread can bet popped by Lemon Rust the same as any other walker. I'd let it be able to absorb some shots cuz lolwarp but maybe 4 direct hits would bring it down.
>>
>>49084459
Same answer as how tough anything in 40k is. It entirely depends on who they are and what's cool. How much of a badass is the person scooped up and smushed into the dread? If the person is special enough you could even have one be vastly stronger than other ones. How powerful do you want a chaos dread to be for the sake of the plot? What feelings are you trying to evoke in the players?
>>
>>49084459
>how tough are they compared to Imperial guard tanks and vehicles
they're tougher than transports but just under heavily armoured tanks, small arms fire means nothing against it. a Krak grenade is the very least you'll need to damage it (killing it if you're lucky). A powerful explosive in close range could damage it too.

treating as Walking tanks isn't too far off
>>
>>49084459
They are usually on par with Imperial dreadnoughts in terms of weapons and armor, but are unreliable. Additionally, their interment plus being warped by Chaos has turned them into insane bloodthirsty war machines that have to be shackled when not in combat otherwise they kill anyone and anything in reach. They are usually designated as fire support units or close combat assault units instead of elites like their Imperial counterparts.
>>
I wonder, you always see Chaos Champions who ascend while wearing Terminator armor. Are their any Daemon Princes who had Dreadnaught bodies? I
>>
>>49089608

Don't see why not
>>
>>49089608
If a no name cultist champion can become a daemon prince from bashing some schmuck imperial guard sergeant's head in with a tire iron, Donovan the Destroy can probably ascend as well.
The gods are fickle.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.