[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, all. I'm considering doing a game where everyone is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (280KB, 642x686px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
280KB, 642x686px
Hey, all. I'm considering doing a game where everyone is OP. Generic anime style fantasy world, with players optionally having reincarnated from elsewhere. Each player should have a single power of great magnitude, and the potential to go to Ainz level might.

Has anyone done this sort of thing before? Would folks be interested in such a game? What kind of thing should go in such a setting?
>>
>>49077572
>Generic anime style fantasy world, with players optionally having reincarnated from elsewhere. Each player should have a single power of great magnitude, and the potential to go to Ainz level might.
This is called isekai fantasy.

You should read some web/light novels in the genre for inspiration. Manga are okay too, but they miss out on a lot of the detail that you'll need to make this anything more than a shallow experience.

I would recommend reading Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka? and/or Arifureta as they both feature very detailed explanations of the mechanics behind their respective settings.
>>
>>49077899
>You should read some web/light novels in the genre
Considering the OP image, what makes you think I haven't?

>very detailed explanations of the mechanics behind their respective settings.
Not really looking for that, honestly. I'm thinking I'll play more fast and loose in that regard.

I'm also thinking I'll use FATE, because it's good for OP powers without actually breaking the game, though I'm not actually that familiar with the use of the system myself, which could be a problem.
>>
I would probably put in some kind of hindrance or something. Cause being op is fun and all it just gets kind of boring when you realize you can do anything with no opposition. Perhaps add in a curse or something that forcibly limits their power level and they have to defeat bosses to unlock their power.

It also give a good reason to say LIMIT BREAKER
>>
>>49077953
It's a popular manga.

Never played FATE but Anima is almost designed for this sort of thing.
>>
File: 58016717_p0.png (1MB, 1181x1748px) Image search: [Google]
58016717_p0.png
1MB, 1181x1748px
Why not use Strike! for isekai?
>>
>>49078006
>it just gets kind of boring when you realize you can do anything with no opposition.
Doesn't have to. Are you familiar with the works of ONE?
Explicit cockblock mechanics don't strike me as good game design either. I think it's better to say that you have one single skill/power that you're exemplary at, and require people to be creative.

>>49078026
Is it? The manga wasn't really out yet when I read the series.
>>
>>49078059
Stop shilling Strike!

Why does /tg/ keep shilling Strike!?
>>
>>49078059
Let me just google that...
>Strike! is a tabletop RPG with grid-based tactical combat.
Well that's why then.
>>
>>49077572
Sounds like an Exalted game with extra contrivances.
>>
>>49078791
>not liking grid-based tactical combat

What are you, some kind of Nippon Ichi hater?
>>
>>49078817
Exalted is too Chinese.
>>
>>49077572
Thank you for expressing interest in Pathfinder.

You can find the Pathfinder General in a nearby gutter, where it belongs.
>>
File: 1470065222953.jpg (172KB, 760x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1470065222953.jpg
172KB, 760x1032px
>>49079317
>Pathfinder General
You mean /bisexual monsterpeople and kitsune general/?
>>
>>49078081
Yeah but if you were to play that out with real people they would most likely be running around destroying kingdoms.

OPM is limited by his lack of interest since it's just a hobby for him while in rpgs unless they really play into character they won't be having much trouble with combat. And if the social interactions aren't fantastic it would get boring quick.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.