[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/25/1 2646462/twitter-bot-unch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1471710480442.jpg (540KB, 2163x2163px) Image search: [Google]
1471710480442.jpg
540KB, 2163x2163px
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/25/12646462/twitter-bot-unchartedatlas-fantasy-map-generator
>O'Leary's personal pages aren't just a guide to how his mapmaker works, they're an open invitation to examine and tweak his code and do your own thing with his project. So if you've ever wanted to build worlds of your own — or just generate a ton of maps for your own Game Of Thrones-style epic fantasy series — here's your chance.
Anyone here doing this? Just curious.
>>
>>49070483
>your own Game Of Thrones-style epic fantasy series
They meant to write Lord of the Rings, right?
>>
>>49070754
no
>>
>>49070483
Why the Dominions 4 picture?
>>
>>49070483

These are some garbage maps.

Nigger I thought you'd let me generate Dominions 4 maps.
>>
File: Shadowshore.jpg (2MB, 2030x2050px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowshore.jpg
2MB, 2030x2050px
>>49070483
>mfw Valanis
>spawning in the middle island as Abyssia or Caelum with R'lyth in water around me

superior map coming though. we'll make Avalon great again
>>
ALL GLORY TO SUMMOD
>>
>>49070483
It's so hard to have a good Dominions map.

I just want to have a proper roleplay Dominions game and not just a cut-throat games where the world becomes either conquered by gryphons or turned into a hell world where age comes rapidly and the air itself is poisonous.
>>
>>49070483
Those maps actually look pretty good, aesthetically. As for actual use -- I don't know why people want to have randomly generated maps in the first place.
>>49072102
Because it looks fucking cool.
>>49072571
You can literally do that. They look kind of garbage, though.
>>49075429
That's more the nature of the game than the maps.

I'm sure you could figure something out in between players, though. That'd be awesome, actually -- combining it with some kind of roleplay.
>>
>>49070483
I hate pointing out the obvious but your post leads to clickbait that (maybe) links to the maps, instead of the actual maps.
>>
>>49075429
make or join an extremely slow research game
>>
>>49075486
Maps effect gameplay though. You should ask /domg/ about Flatus.
>>
>>49077158
Flatus kind of guarantees 15 toxic globals will have come and gone by the time any nations start gathering real momentum
The best 'large map' game I played was All Yesterdays on Archaea
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.