[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would a wizard slum it with a bunch of random adventurers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1472503720318.jpg (84KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1472503720318.jpg
84KB, 650x650px
Why would a wizard slum it with a bunch of random adventurers when he can do all they can do and more if he so decided?

How do they get tricked into following a bunch of homeless people around instead of researching new spells in their dope wizard towers?
>>
Warriors and bards are not allowed to post in this thread.
>>
File: 1422229616280.gif (569KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
1422229616280.gif
569KB, 680x382px
>>49066213
Because traveling other planes of existence is boring by yourself.
Also you need someone to brag to about how kick ass and wise you are all the time
>>
Easy - because it's a lot easier to trap an egotistical dickhead than one who has reason to be cautious.

EVERY egotistical dickhead gets laid out by surprise. Because they're too smart, too savvy, no powerful to be stopped. So it always happens when they're not expecting it.
>>
>>49066213
> Why would a wizard slum it with a bunch of random adventurers when he can do all they can do and more if he so decided?
DnD 3.5 / Pathfinder is trash.

> How do they get tricked into following a bunch of homeless people around instead of researching new spells in their dope wizard towers?
1) Some don't have towers. We basically only play those who don't.
2) Field experience is extremely enlightening.
3) You might find items and spells you would have worked on for weeks.
4) You might gather resources fighters and bards wouldn't have recognized as valuable.
5) You are wise and smart and your opponents count on that. The mere presence of the homeless dudes is a monkey wrench in any plan.
6) They allow you to remain thankful for your gifts and productive.
7) A monkey wrench in YOUR plan forces you to remain adaptable.

Do I need to go on?
>>
>>49066950
Good luck impressing anyone without a tower. Kenny Rodgers tier wizards would have to rely on a party.
>>
>>49067027
> Overwhelming Presence
> School enchantment (compulsion) [emotion, mind-affecting];
> Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)

> Your presence inspires incredible awe in those nearby. A creature that fails a save against this spell falls to the ground and prostrates itself before you, believing it bows before a divine presence...

Easy. Next?
>>
>>49067081
>relying on wizard tricks to impress people
Tower wizards: 1
Hobo wizards: 0
>>
>>49067104
> Having to move the goalposts to make a point.
Hobo wizards: 0
Tower wizards: - 1 000 000
>>
>>49067154
>can't afford a tower so he sour grapes to defend his poor choice of wizard investments
>>
>>49066213
>Default assumption is that wizards can do anything because MAAAAAAGIC

I want this meme to stop.
>>
>>49067369
Good luck trying to impose your feeble restrictions on wizards. You'll be a frog by the end of the week.
>>
>>49067369
My Devry wizarding degree would disagree
>>
>>49067104
>not carrying your cozy personal tower in a portable pocket dimension

Disdainforplebs.jpg
>>
>>49067499
>trying to convince your tinder matches your tower is in a pocket dimension
>>
>forced to use a rental tower while the main one is getting renovated
>succubi won't give you the time of day
squad broken
>>
>>49067433
Is that a degree in the anthropological study of wizards or a degree in the practice of wizardry?
>>
>>49067867
Liberal arts degree for wizarding and street magic. Think David Blain but with a decent portion in potions and evocation
>>
>>49066213
Well, then, change that. All-spellcaster party, each specializing in a different field. They all get together every few years and go on ADVENTURES to find MAGICAL TREASURE and HOT BABES!
>>
>>49068135
>learn this wizard's secret to getting all the hot babes in just 10 minutes. magisters HATE him
>>
File: ImBored.jpg (138KB, 740x1079px) Image search: [Google]
ImBored.jpg
138KB, 740x1079px
>>49066213
Entertainment value. Seriously, you can only spend so many millennia studying the mysteries of the universe before you just want to say "fuck it" go out drinking with a bunch of dwarves. I mean, common man, have you ever taken a newly fallen Paladin on his first trip to a whore house? Or turned yourself into a dragon and kidnapped a princess, just to con a band of heroes into exploring some ancient catacombs? Those are memories worth making!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.