[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talisman appreciation thread. This game has been around for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (227KB, 1200x741px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227KB, 1200x741px
Talisman appreciation thread.

This game has been around for over 30 years!

Do you like Talisman?
Tell us of your experience with this classic /tg/.
>>
>>49059895
I haven't played it in a couple of decades, but I always found it too confining. For the most part, you're funneled along by the dice with very little choice, practically speaking (a choice between something that fucks you over and something that doesn't isn't really much of a choice). It has a cool feel though, I think if there were some way to inject more strategy / tactics then it'd be a pretty cool game. From what I remember of it, anyway.
>>
>>49059895
It's a shit game.

But it's my shit game.

Got it in a church charity sale when I was eight. Played it a tonne with my friends and bro. Best £1.50 I ever spent. I cheated like a motherfucker.
>>
Fantasy-skinned monopoly. Utter trash.
>>
>>49061502
Better than monopoly though.

But yeah. I heard Relic was better.
>>
Played a lot. Really our go to game when my friends and I feel like having something to complain about.

We've been playing the digital edition now and I really do wish we got a digital version of Relic instead of weird Talisman Horus Heresy.
>>
>>49059895

Played this game with a group of nearly 8 for a games day a while back.

Went for fucking hours. People dicking each other over every chance they could, everyone laying the smack down on whoever tried to progress. Nobody getting anywhere.

A friend rocked up late, was only coming around for dinner. Sees us still playing. Asks if he can tag in late. We let him.

Rolls up the fucking Troll.

Steamrolls the game in less than a dozen turns. Wins without getting any gear or leveling up.

Fuck this game.
>>
>>49064128
>Went for fucking hours. People dicking each other over every chance they could, everyone laying the smack down on whoever tried to progress. Nobody getting anywhere.
You played it properly, then.
>>
I love Talisman.
I know it's an awful game, and it always starts to drag something fierce, but we always have a blast with a few beers, and there's always a few great stories that emerge from the chaos.
>>
>>49061633

Relic is literally the same game with a 40k aesthetic.
>>
Talisman is a terrible game, but I still kind of love it. It has very little meaningful decisionmaking, is unbalanced as fuck and can drag on way, way too long... But I've had some great times rolling dice with friends, being amused at one anothers misfortune.
>>
>>49059895
>Do you like Talisman?

It's fun, but it's basically monopoly in a fantasy setting, about 85% luck, 15% skill. I mostly play against my phone on train rides.
>>
>>49059895
Really only ever play it when I'm feeling half asleep and don't have the concentration for the better games in my Steam library. Got the base game in a bundle and the rest of the content with a season pass. At least Dungeon, City, and Mountains add some actual choice and strategy in. But man, there's some classes that completely overshadow all the others. Alchemist with City especially is just plain unstoppable immortal god king. Was funny playing the latest expansion when Lycanthropy was broken so those infected still used the Werewolf table during the day when beating another player.
>>
>>49059895
This game hold special place in my heart as the most prominent example of nostalgia glasses. I remembered it fondly from primary school but when I got opportunity to play it recently I immediately realized it's garbage.
>>
>>49059895
Hi. So I played 2nd edition 3-5 times a week for about 3 years. That's hundreds of hours of play. The game is nothing like Monopoly in any way except that it has dice for movement. It is random, which, like blood bowl or backgammon, needs to be controlled with risk reward all over the place. While there is some randomness, Talisman has ways to consistently win and with new players or even players of average experience, I will crush them every time. You need to know all the cards, we could see the picture of every card and nearly recite the text on it. You need to know the percentages of when things will come up (Hag, Poltergeist, Raiders, Runesword, Warhorse, etc.) that will make or hose your whole plan. Most importantly, you need to know WHEN to go for the win: when to attack other players and to go to the middle and get the crown space. If you play with the 6 random middle cards, you need to make sure you force another player to the middle first so they draw the horrible black void, THEN go up and kill them off if it's not it.

Lastly, you need to know the characters. The Monk, Astropath and Prophetess are the strongest characters in the game. The absolute top tier. If you are playing with noobs, draw random and give them one of those. Otherwise the second tier is fairly wide, with all craft attackers and always have spell characters in there (Wizard, Sorceress, Ghoul, etc.). There are shit characters: Dwarf, Elf, etc. that no one ever plays except n00b. Anyway, there is a lot more to this game than people think because they play it once or twice. It's not for everyone and I HIGHLY recommend not playing with more than 3 players ever.
>>
>buy expansion play it one or two times, stop playing for months
>repeat

i love it, also i use all the figures for roleplaying stuff
>>
>>49067893

How the fuck is Monk top class?

2 strength, 3 craft, an ability that lets you use your starting craft (but not all craft) to add to your strength in battle, no weapons, +1 when praying

Why pick that if you could take a Troll, which has 1 more strength than your combined starting strength + craft, can actually use it in the Crypt, can use weapons to get even higher when fighting?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.