[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy downtime thread. Tell me about something comfy that happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1470655976464.gif (2MB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
1470655976464.gif
2MB, 1200x810px
Comfy downtime thread.

Tell me about something comfy that happened to your characters or group. I'd like to hear of how you handle downtime in RPGs as well. I'm having trouble getting two of my characters to not give actions like "I sleep." "I clean my gun for two weeks."
I'm interested, Anon.
>>
File: !demon lady.jpg (123KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
!demon lady.jpg
123KB, 564x752px
>>49059613
Stupid downtime: One of my fallen paladin players is trying to restore an abandoned manor house, hoping to create his own dungeon, but he doesn't have enough money to hire guards for his workers, so they keep getting attacked by undead and he has to ride out of town to save them all the time. Plus he has to pay hazard bonuses so his cheapwankery isn't working out for him. He somehow thinks setting up a dungeon will be profitable.
>>
>>49059613
comfy downtime, yes! Recently, we had downtime, but we still felt a bit rushed, so we didn't do much. Our skald visited his family, which was pretty chill. In another game, I had a big bruiser that hung out with a local orphan. He trained him in the art of being a proper man, involving honesty, hard work, and respect for those around you. They were chums, and it was fucking great.
>>
>>49061227
So hes throwing money into a blackhole in hopes of creating a dungeon? Is he planning on supplying the enemies for it as well as the reward for completing it? Why is he remaining fallen?
>>
File: 1468785121929.jpg (475KB, 1600x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1468785121929.jpg
475KB, 1600x1100px
>>49061347
Tell me more about the bruiser. How did he discover the child?
What else is he planning on teaching him?
Why does he relate?
Where would you personally like to continue their side story?
>>
Found a node.
Is in an old abandoned building.
My character is an ex-convict but also kind of a handyman, stars fixing the place. Electricity, water, paint job, plumbing...
>"Well, is not looking bad now!"
Suddenly, quest. Magical shenanigans ensue.
The time has reset, we are back months prior to everything. The place is shit all over again.
>"Welp, no point complaining, I guess I'll just start again"
Now I recruit the enemy NPC to teach him about hard work without using magic. Not bad.
The place is going great again.
New player. Fucks up a plan. Enemies come and completely trash the place.
My life is endless pain.
>>
>>49061458
Bruiser was a gladiator slave from a different country. He bought his freedom in the arena, then struck out to a different land. His plan was to reopen the closed arena in the current city, and a local thief decided to try getting in on it.

The thief picked up the first street urchin he could find, convincing the kid to work with the bruiser to reopen the arena while working for the thief to fix fights. The kid was naive, so he went along with it, thinking it was all okay.

Since the buiser's culture was quite different from the culture of the city, he felt kinda alone, but the kid showed genuine interest in what he had to say, so he took him in, basically. The kid's a bard interested in the tales of others, so he's pretty attentive when it comes to learning new things. He gathers stories and writes songs about them.

Reopening the arena takes income that he doesn't have right now, so he's been acting as a combat instructor for the local noble kids and anybody else who wants to pay a small fee. The kid is scared of fighting, so he doesn't force that on him, but he teaches him basic stuff about courtesy, introducing yourself and asking for the names of others, and general honor stuff.

This was in an old campaign I left because shitty players, so their story is dead now. I still think about them now and then.
>>
>>49061617
>>49061617
Sounds like your life is about being tested.

Would you tell me more about the building?
What made your convict want to teach the BBEG?
What was the characters biggest challenge fixing up the place?
This is good down time?
>>
>>49061641
Your story isn't dead. Thank you for sharing it. I hope you find a new better party.
>>
>>49061712
>Would you tell me more about the building?
It was a one storey building outside the city.
Something like pick related.
>What made your convict want to teach the BBEG?
The guy was way to OP to be subdued so we talk him out of fucking reality. I'm the character that prefers not to relay on magic much so he decided that he could teach him the reward of simple hard work.
>What was the characters biggest challenge fixing up the place?
A fucking cursed wall. The fucker just couldn't take the paint job.
>This is good down time?
It was until the third time. Now I'm just sad.
>>
>>49061851
>Pick related
Dammit
>>
>>49061851
A cursed wall? Thats funny. Thanks for sharing, thats a comfy story
>>
File: 1456641489817.jpg (146KB, 375x550px) Image search: [Google]
1456641489817.jpg
146KB, 375x550px
>>49061766
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.