/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You find yourself reborn in Rome as it was 200 bc. >You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 258
Thread images: 26

>You find yourself reborn in Rome as it was 200 bc.
>You have been born into a wealthy plebeian family.
>You retain all your memories from your past life.
>You also get Wolverine's healing factor (includes a crude immortality but you can be killed if you are hacked up and burned, also healing major injuries hurts like hell), perfect memory recall, and the gift of tongues (you can read, write, and speak in every human language).
>Any children you have are will not inherit your gifts or abilities.

wut do? any plans?
>>
>>49053277
Wait in a cave for thousands of years gitting gud at random hobbyshit

then invest heavily in Microsoft and Apple.
>>
>>49053295
You would just wait for modernity? Why?
>>
>>49053277
I'd probably set up a jewelers that specializes in gilding things through electrolysis, with a side business of producing card games. Put my feet up and chill for the rest of my extended life.
>>
>>49053333
What about when people notice you don't age?
>>
>>49053277
Well I'd sure as hell do anything to not get crucified. Can you imagine dealing with that while having a healing factor and actually staying alive up there?
>>
>I am now the God Emperor
>Do God Emperor things
>With God Emperor people

Actually I'd probably just become some sort of wandering advisor who would do stuff to make a comfortable living. No need to be at the forefront, just close enough to it to have a cushy life.
>>
>>49053295
>>49053324
I kind of have to agree with this, if you impact anything too heavily you won't get back to the world you knew.

You'd almost definitely get hacked up and burned if you used you scientific knowledge.

Even if the time laws say you can't change the present by going back in time. I would still want that immortality part to go into the future. The past is cool you might be able to do some cool things with the ignorant people over the centuries, but I want more than anything to find out humanities future. Something we know even less about than ancient Rome.

I want to watch the first Interstellar transport ship blow up, then catch a ride on the third or fourth one after they have ironed out the kinks and have a decent colony over in (probably) Alpha Centauri.
>>
>>49053277
>Invent Calculus thousands of years too early
>Introduce the concept of metallurgy and steel
>Pressurized plumbing comes next
>Modern concepts of medicine will be introduced
>Wait for 200 years in what will become Nazareth.
>Kill Jesus.
>Go hang out in the desert for a couple hundred more years.
>Kill Mohammed.

Then I guess I'd faff about in Africa for a while. Maybe become a warlord, subjugate the places with loads of Uranium, and be a God-King.
>>
File: rickbreakfast.png (298KB, 429x540px) Image search: [Google]
rickbreakfast.png
298KB, 429x540px
>>49053277
Wow.
Pretty specific pitch, anon.
>>
>>49053295
Perfect idea.
Don't forget to take some discarded Roman trinkets on the way. I'm sure they'll have plenty value eventually.
>>
>>49053430
Maybe not the killing part, but introduce everything too early. I can make a lightbulb work, know a bit of pre-calc, and understand simple stuff like gravity and cell theory. Also gunpowder
>>
>>49053277
Can I show up 10-15 year early?

I need to kill gauls. Filthy fucking gauls.

Hannibal Barca will cross the Alps with his fucking elephants only to discover that all the gauls are dead and there's no filth to rabblerouse into makeshift reinforcements.
>>
>>49053324
Because I am not a history major. I don't know where shit is going down and when outside of really big shit. What I do know, though, is that certain companies will make it big and that I can make a lot of profit from it. Standing out before then means being written into the history books and being photographed and documented. This leads to some silly shit you won't want when people are trying to dissect you. Instead I will be essentially nonexistent until I can strike, then fade away again and "die" so my "son" who looks startlingly similar to me can "inherit" my fortune. You feel me?
>>
File: king_of_fear_7.jpg (886KB, 1600x1145px) Image search: [Google]
king_of_fear_7.jpg
886KB, 1600x1145px
>>49053277
My first priority would be not attracting attention. The last thing I need is someone noticing I haven't aged in the last hundred years and beheading me.

Beyond that I'd realistically just try to keep whatever business enterprises I own afloat and take care of my family while trying my best to prepare for the eventual collapse of the Empire. Possibly move to the ERE before the split, although you can bet I'd get the fuck out of Byzantium before the kebabs took it. Basically I'd just move to wherever was going to be the most stable and prosperous part of the world in time to benefit from better conditions there (Poland during the black death, England during the Napoleonic wars, etc), since for the most part my specific knowledge of historical events and so on wouldn't do me much good I'd only really benefit from big picture stuff. As for inventing technology before its time that's pretty much a lost cause. There are a few low hanging fruits here and there but for the most part you need a very comprehensive knowledge of engineering, metalurgy, chemistry, etc before you can realistically create anything useful 'ahead of time' without the commensurate civilizational advances to back you up.
>>
>>49053430
I mean I don't doubt that you have a clear enough grasp of calculus especially with perfect recall to jump start that, but somehow I don't think right now you have a clear enough understanding of the other three to just casually do that.
Still, I suppose with the money you could find good engineers and explain your "ideas" to them, help them figure it out. Medicine's going to have to wait though until you can start proving to people that sickness is actually the body fighting back against tiny creatures most of the time. You'll probably have a great hootin' time with that, if they don't instantly flag you as a crazy person.

Also:
>Either Jesus was for real, or not
>If he was for real, God would see you're fucking up his plans left and right, and would introduce Jesus differently at a different time, or simply strike you down when you stand
>If he wasn't, you'd have already fucked over the course of Roman history by that point that Nazareth would be very different

>You could also "just" prevent the fall of the Roman Empire, make them prepare for the barbaric hordes, maintain their consul system and stop Christianity's fragmentation because of the Byzantine/Roman breakup.
>Roman Republic never falls apart
>All the lands held by their Christian dominion is never lost and forgotten
>No reason to wage holy wars reclaiming any of it

If you don't manage to do it, you can still just cut your losses, hide for a few decades in obscurity, and then return and continue your work in a different direction.

>>49053496
>I can make a lightbulb work
Can you also create all the materials neccessary for the lightbulb, using nothing but the materials and tools available for the pre-Imperial Roman Republic?
>>
>>49053277
See that the Romans get replaced on a genetic level sooner so that the Dark Age they cause can end within a lifetime or two.
>>
>>49053277
Fuck all the bitches.
>>
File: pathriarcal laugh.jpg (15KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
pathriarcal laugh.jpg
15KB, 400x264px
>>49053430
>kill jesus
>killing the son of God before his time
>>
>>49053655
Found Thulsa Room for yall
>>
>>49053730
*Doom

-Concerned Citizen
>>
>>49053608
While I probably wouldn't be able to just casually do the plumbing and metallurgy, I do have a fairly solid base to start the whole "Modern medicine" thing.

And when I say that, I don't mean like surgery, (because modern surgeons are really only better at closing people up), I mean more like basic standards of hygiene. The simple shit that I could explain, and prove even. The first microscope was just two lenses and a metal tube. Get the spacing right (with the physics that I know), and voila, the tiny little creatures are visible!

And even after that I know how to suture a wound, set bones, and fight some of the more common diseases. With that knowledge, all that time, and a lack of the ethical restrictions we have these days, I'm fairly confident in my ability to jumpstart medicine.

But yeah, leave metallurgy to the others. When they get that down, we can move onto more complex machines.
>>
>>49053608
>Can you also create all the materials neccessary for the lightbulb, using nothing but the materials and tools available for the pre-Imperial Roman Republic?

Lightbulbs are actually really, really simple. Lightswitches are more complicated than them.
>>
>>49053496
Thief the Metal Age?
>>
>Train like a motherfucker to become stronk
>Through good use of my newfound powers and showmanship, become known as a demigod servant of Jupiter, sent to sort Rome's shit out. As such, I become the highest religious authority.
>Use my position to advise when possible, enforce when necessary, but refrain from being the boss of everything because that's boring.
>In the meantime, obtain glorious patrician housing and a harem. Have no wife, father no children (blame it on Jupiter).
>As time goes on, my apparent immortality becomes a fact of life and my word becomes the next best thing to law.
>When Jesus shows up I tell Herod to call me the second the Jews want to kill him. When that happens, I show up and call Jesus the greatest teacher of our time and make sure that his deeds and teachings are recorded with surgical clarity. Also crucify the accusers for being too dumb to notice a genius.
>Through religion, I slowly turn it from polytheism to a philosophy of practicality, clarity, and respect of one another.
>Thus unite humanity slowly but surely through the ages, supporting great men and women while pimpslapping barbarians.
>>
>>49053755
How will you provide the little things cause disease?
>>
>>49053277
>Grab gladius and scutum
>Go inna woods

Alternatively:
>Find a rabbi
>Convert to Judaism
>Say something obligatorily mean to Jesus
>Proclaim myself as the Wandering Jew
>May also move briefly to where the Netherlands will form just as they form, buy a ship, and become the Flying Dutchman as well

More seriously:
>try to live my life to within reason
>Sock away some valuables or things likely to become valuable
>Keep a diary as best I can
>After a decade and a half of being twenty, probably leave my hometown and move to one of the more distant regions of the Empire
>Try to stay out of things so I don't fuck up the timeline
>Generally try to chronicle my shit and leave a breadcrumb trail for archaeologists.
>>
>>49053800
Same way those guys proved that ulcers are caused by bacteria. I'll swallow a bunch of 'em and get sick as a dog.

Quod Erat Demonstratum.
>>
>>49053277
Plant the seed of the scientific method and rigorous mathematics into their heads, as well as writing down some of the big stuff I remember from the future.

Beyond that, I'd try to help advance Rome and get its logistics and bureaucracy up to snuff, hopefully avoiding its collapse.

In any case, I'd probably try to found a small college and try to help re-derive modern knowledge.

Oh, and gunpowder.
>>
>>49053832
>Quod Erat Demonstrandum
>>
>>49053832
Merely an imbalance in the humors caused by contaminsted food! A man made sick by these little things? Preposterous.
>>
>>49053800
Take 1000 people. Of 500 of them have them ingest the saliva of perfectly healthy people both orally and nasally; of the other 500, have them do the same with sick people.

Through that, hopefully show that there is a transferable component linked to disease, and that "tiny things" will serve as an acceptable explanation until microscopes are suitably advanced.
>>
>>49053797
I kind of want to see a series about this bro-tier emperor chilling with Jesus.

Are you Irish or Irish descent? Then we could have an "Irishman and Jew" comedy routine two thousand years early.
>>
>>49053277
>manlet Canuck's healing factor
>you can be killed if you are hacked up and burned, also healing major injuries hurts like hell
>>
>>49053832
>Same way those guys proved that ulcers are caused by bacteria. I'll swallow a bunch of 'em and get sick as a dog.
You forget a crucial part:
You have Wolverine's regenerative ability.
I'm not sure if the common cold's going to kick it with you, plus by this time there's a good chance people would have already figured out something is weird about you, so they'd just write you off as a medical anomaly, if not more.

And if you get someone else to get sick, they may be more inclined to think you're practicing some sort of witchcraft, than that there exists living organisms so small.
I mean sure, the ancient greek philosophers proposed the existence of atoms, but it's different to propose something's existence and discuss it in a circle of like minded individuals, and to just show up with amazing arcane knowledge and start making people sick seemingly at will with a few rituals that seem harmless, like feeding them specially prepared meals that could have a curse on them.

You'd really need to be careful who you start with, is what I'm saying.
Christianity might be what provided the Inquisitions, but it was human superstition that justified its existence.
>>
>>49053370
Just rip yourself down from it when nobody is looking.
>>
>>49053797
>Jesus
>a genius
>Christianity
>a good moral code for the progress of civilization
>>
>>49053865
>Humours

When did we get to Medieval Europe? Hell, I don't even know what Romans thought caused disease.

Though looking at it, I might not actually have to do much. Hippocrates came in 460 BC, and fuck, they even had catheters. I might just need to focus on metallurgy to get their tools in better condition.
>>
>>49053397
>You'd almost definitely get hacked up and burned if you used you scientific knowledge.

I don't get why everyone just assumes that every premodern society is full of some sort of anti-science primitives.

As long as you didn't go all out and piss off the powers that be I see very little reason why people would try and murder you for being inventive.

Even in medieval europe the church didn't shit on you the second you did anything innovative.
>>
File: 1456704001514.jpg (88KB, 439x271px) Image search: [Google]
1456704001514.jpg
88KB, 439x271px
>>49053277
> wut do?
>200 bc
>healing factor, perfect memory recall, and the gift of tongues
I will wait 200 years to insult Jesus Christ into his fucking face, and then I shall become the original Wandering Jew.

OBVIOUSLY, DUH.
>>
Step 1: Wait till Jesus is born.
Step 2: Go meet him
Step 3: Address him in modern English
Step 4: Record what happens
>>
>>49053906
Hippocrates was as theorist of the humors theory.
>>
>>49053944
>He calls you by your birth name... from before you were reborn.
>In perfect english.
>>
>implying an individual person named Jesus, Yeshua, or whatever actually existed
>trusting a religious anthology written 300 years after the fact
>>
>>49053900
Jesus told people to stop being cunts and be nice. You can't argue with that unless your entire existence if fuelled by petty malice and elemental discontent.
>>
>>49053961
>"Well. This is akward."

This is followed by the two of us going drinking while talking about our favorite 80s movies.
>>
>>49053966
He is listed by roman census figures of the day. I a very "I don't give a shit either way" tone.
>>
>>49053277
>Travel the world, speaking the language of the locals. Spread words of wisdom if possible.
>Aquire whatever skills people are willing to teach me.
>Do my best to stay alive and avoid war zones.
>>
>>49053982
He also said if you don't follow his philosophy you'll spend eternity in eternal hellfire. Said philosophy being significantly more complicated then

"Don't be a cunt"
>>
>>49053997
The warzones part is more important if I live long enough to see the modern day, and the invention of weapons capable of destroying me with one detonation.
>>
>>49053982
>be pansy cunts, live your entire life in deference, and merely exist on the Earth because it's nothing compared to the kingdom of heaven
Yeah, fuck off.

>>49053994
Source, friendo.
>>
>>49053797
>using your time traveling powers to save a false messiah from his justly earned punishment

Reminder that the Pharisees were right
>>
>>49054005
If I'm around when he shows up I can ask him. My money is on the entire hell and even heaven stuff is bullshit, added to the Bible later when Christianity had to solidify its place in the religious market, and that Jesus was actually more like Buddha, an enlightened teacher who chose to help people instead of fucking off.

And if he says that it's all true then I'll be in a good position to not fuck it up.I cannot lose.
>>
I'd probably spend a good deal of time trying to convince the Romans to not use so much fucking lead in their waterworks and such. I mean, the fuckers used it to improve wine flavor.
>>
>>49053277
So, /tg/ what are some 'free' discoveries that can be used at any civilizational level, regardless of the background level of technology?

>Foreceps
>Pull a baby out with tongs any blacksmith can make, dramatically reducing infant mortality

>Hand Washing
>Use clean water to remove filth from the hands, reducing the transmission of (non waterborne) infectious disease
>>
>>49054151
Heavily reinforce the concept of "people like being relatively autonomous and free, but not too much, but not too little"

Also, really make sure the Romans remember one of their saying, De Minimis Non Curat Lex.
>>
>>49054151
>Stirrups. Make riding horses MUCH easier and allows for better tactics and movement in general.

>assembly line production methods. literally allowed ancient china to mass produce shit like crossbows for dirt cheap.

>basic dental hygiene. bad teeth killed more people them most wars.
>>
>>49053277
>>Travel to the Americas
>>This will, unfortunately, introduce disease.
>>However, no European invaders to exploit >>the die-off.
>>Unite the survivors under my rule, bring >>technology up to at least match the rest of >>the world.
>>Establish trade and cultural exchange with >>the Vikings when they appear.
>>See what happens from there.
>>
>All these fuckers saying they wouldn't rock the boat
Screw that shit, broheim.

Sure, maybe it's safer. Sure, maybe you get to live out eternity hiding in the shadows. Sure, maybe you get to see civilisation unfold much as it did in our time, and even catch a cushy ride on the coat-tails of other people's achievements. Maybe that's right for you.

But I'm a big guy. Tall, broad shouldered, all that good shit. At some point during my new life i'll find out that I have healing factor, and I can join the Roman army and accrue the years of service necessary for a leadership position.

After that, you might well ask what the next step is.

Well, folks, this is where I differ from y'all, I guess. I don't have some grand master plan. I want to change history just enough that it takes a different path and I can be there to see it unfold differently.

I've already learned about our timeline, so i'm crashing our plane of existence.

Maybe it'll turn out better, maybe worse.
>>
>>49054260
Was making a terrible post part of your plan?
>>
>>49054282
Of course!
>>
>Giant of a man, being 6'2
>GET /fit/
>Join the Roman Military and absolutely wreck shit with my healing factor
>As people age, they notice I stay the same. Once imply I'm the son of Mars, that's it. My actions will spread this rumour around itself.
>Help see Rome through its glory days, occassionally fading in and out existance like a distant watcher once Jesus arrives.
>See how everything plays out as a wandering adventuring hopping town to town.
>>
>>49053944
>>49053961
>>49053993
>"So, Big J, I didn't ruin the whole 'god's plan' thing, did I?"
>"Oh, no, the Lord has ways."
>"Like what?"
>Jesus beckons you closer.
>You lean in.
>"Applejack is best pony."
>A few minutes later, the Praetorians had to be called in to stop you from burning the cross you had nailed Christ to
>>
>>49054454
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>49054454
I can't stop laughing!!!
>>
>>49054464
Well, what else would Jesus say to get you mad enough to crucify him? "Ultra Marines are the best chapter"?, "I liked the Drizzt series"?, "Travis' Mandos are only true Mandos"?
>>
>>49054454
>Crucifying Jesus for liking Applejack
What are you, a Rarifag?
>>
>>49054483
"cucked 0:^)"
>>
>>49054093
Chill out, Caiaphas.
>>
>>49053277

>Use knowledge of microbiology to revolutionize healthcare.
>Use knowledge of metallurgy to introduce steel.
>Use knowledge of chemistry to introduce gunpowder to the legion.
>Use knowledge of mathematics to... Get them to use the 0-9 numeric system.
>Introduce the metric system.
>Use knowledge of mechanical engineering to construct a simple steam engine.
>Use knowledge of agriculture to introduce crop rotation and varied diets
>Use knowledge of magnetics to give them compasses.
>Use knowledge of optics to give them telescopes and microscopes.
>Use knowledge of electricity to produce simple electric displays, and show them how to harness lightning
>Get them to STOP USING LEAD FOR WINE SWEETENER AND WATER PIPING!
>>
>>49053397
Youre more likely to get hacked up and dissected in modern times for being immortal than burned in ancient times for knowing stuff
>>
>>49054248
Would it introduce disease? You have wolverine healing powers - you'd be completely healthy, so how do you infect the locals?
>>
>>49054562
I might not have any *in* me, but there's probably some *on* me, as well as on any gear I have.
>>
>>49054100
He believed himself to be a god.

Doesnt come off as the wisest guy ever to me, but plenty of people diaagree i suppose.
>>
>>49054549
>show them how to harness lightning
>harness lightning
>lightning
Are you implying that we've ever actually done that?
>>
>>49054594
I guess. Pretty reckless of you to not sort that out before you land. I mean, take a bath or something right?
>>
>>49054562

To be fair, an eventual plague related genocide is GOING to happen to the Natives, one way or another. If you arrive with your knowledge of inoculation and vaccination, you could easily slow the horrifying death rate by passing that knowledge along, after using it to help immunize anyone you encounter.
>>
>>49054613
True, but I'd prefer to have the outbreak that >>49054621 mentions out of the way long before the Conquistadors show up.
>>
>>49054610

Have you ever seen a tesla coil in operation? Tell me that isn't harnessed lightning.

The electrons that are powering your computer are the same kind that some thundering out of the heavens, just arranged in a more orderly fashion.

Also, lightning rods are a form of harnessing lightning. Keeps it from smacking your nice house and blowing a hole in it or setting it on fire.
>>
>>49054638
Okay, clearly we're using two completely different definitions of "harnessing".

Tesla Coils create artificial lightning, and creating a path of lesser resistance for lightning than your house, is not using the lightning, but giving it a way to expend itself without destryoing your property.

Also to be clear:
Lightning =/= Electricity. It's as much equal to electricity, as a waterfall is equal to the concept of water itself.
You can't just take lightning and casually re-purpose it. It would need a machine of incredible properties and materials of amazing conductivity to reliably do that.
Lightning is easily the least effective way of producing electricity. It'd be like trying to harness wind energy with a machine that only functions in the presence of a tornado.
>>
>>49054689

You seem to misunderstand my metaphor here. While I am not talking about literally using lightning to power their eventual machinery, your point about a tesla sphere still stands. It would be an arching ball of lightning, spewing in every direction until something come close enough to strike it. To a Roman at that time, it would appear for all intents and purposes that I have harnessed the power of lightning, if on a small scale.

A lightning bolt and a static discharge are the exact same thing, just on VASTLY different scales.
>>
>>49054549
>Use knowledge of mechanical engineering to construct a simple steam engine.
Greeks did that already. They just never found worthwile use for it.
You'd be hard pressed to convince romans either since slavery is just easier and I don't believe you have the know how of constructing a steam engine that performs a task better than a slave.
>>
>>49054742
Surely that could be figured out, even if it takes a few hundred years.
>>
>>49054742

Bar in mind the Greek design was a ball with two tubes sticking out the side that spun when heated, and nothing else. If you could build a rudimentary steam engine that powered a wagon down the road, you'd have a completely different view on the subject.

And while I don't know how to build one from scratch, I know the basics behind how it operates. All a matter of building up from previous models, until I have the desired model.

I do live in a wealthy plebian house hold, I have access to fairly large sums of money, and if I can create something that, say, uses the bath house's own fire to operate a pump to keep water flowing through the bath at a decent pace, helping keep the water clean and creating a nice whirlpool effect for the bathers, maybe even create a lazy river for them to enjoy. The nobles would gobble that shit up.
>>
>>49054898
>wealthy plebian house hold
>fairly large sums of money

Plebeian, not Patrician. You're a goddamn peasant.
>>
>>49054953
Actually many Plebeian families vastly dwarfed Partisan houses in terms of funds. Patricians just had more rights.
>>
>>49053430
>kill Jesus
>bye bye Christianity
>bye bye written languages that are not Latin
>bye bye printing press
You clearly haven't thought this through.
Let me guess, in the 1930s you'll kill Hitler too.
>>
>>49053277
If nothing else, I'd amass a quantity of gold and use my knowledge of history to (hopefully) prevent the fall of the eastern empire. I'd maybe stop the backstabbing Angeloi and use that gold to buy Urban's services if it ever came to a siege. or maybe just travel to my country and unify it 1100 years before its time and be the son of Odin.
>>
>>49054953
Did you not read the OP's post?
>>
>>49053800

Disease contagion was estabilished waaaaaay back.

You just need to prove that there are much more things in an infected wound that on healty skin
>>
>>49054995

>Jesus dies, and suddenly, chinese language implodes
>>
>>49054549
>tfw you don't have enough practical knowledge for any of these things
OK, maybe the number system and the lead, but I don't know how I'd go about convincing them to do that.
>>
>>49054005
>someone introduces the idea that being nice to your neighbor is a good thing to do
>he says that if you're an asshole you will get consequently fucked for being one when you die
Oh yeah, it's really complicated. Yup, I can totally see why it's soooo complicated anon.
>>
>>49053848
>Plant the seed of the scientific method and rigorous mathematics into their heads
The Greek tried. The Romans showed that they were too dumb a population for it.

Killing them off or breeding them into a smarter people by introducing other barbarians into Italy really are the only two solutions available.
>>
>>49053994
>He is listed by roman census figures of the day

>A Jesus was born in Nazareth back in the days

Imagine.
>>
>All this talk about Jesus.
Reminder that you'd be immortal, and would survive being put on a cross.
You are Jesus.
>>
They never found hitler's body right? ;^)
>>
File: 1454752937854.jpg (152KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
1454752937854.jpg
152KB, 419x419px
>>49055233
>Killing them off or breeding them into a smarter people by introducing other barbarians into Italy really are the only two solutions available.

>mfw the Jews were instructed of their mission to miscegenate and misdirect from an immortal fa/tg/uy
>>
Attain glory and fame intge battlefield with different names. Keep it that way. Travel and offer my services as a mercenary after the fall if Rome. Fast forward to 20th century: Invest in Google, Windows and Apple.
Bonus Round: Murder Tom Kirby
>>
>>49056357
>Tom Kirby
Who?
>>
>>49053277

Go Gutenbern on the ancient world there by irrevocably changing the course of history.
>>
>>49053277
>Plebian
Have my life fucked over by a patrician at a whim before the barbarians eventually behead me.
>>
File: Christ on an Apatosaurus.jpg (92KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
Christ on an Apatosaurus.jpg
92KB, 300x426px
>>49053370
C'mon Anon, don'tcha wanna meet Jesus?
>>
>>49056263
They didn't?
>>
>>49053277
Question: can you die by drowning? Or by suffocating in general?
>>
>>49056595
>it turns out that the thief who was crucified was just some random anon who stole a loaf of bread so that he would be executed the same day as Jesus because Christ promised the criminals next to him that they would be by his side in heaven
>>
>>49056286
The Jewish faith had been spreading like mad during antiquity. The Jemen even became a jewish kingdom back in the days and its kings apparently tried to genocide Christians and heathens so hard that the Ethiopians rolled in from across the sea and smacked their shit.
>>
>>49053277
>fuck up some how
>get sent to salt mines
>spend the rest of my miserable life underground until a cave in buries me
>>
>>49055233
>greeks
>scientific method or rigorous mathematics
>>
>all these fags thinking they they know enough science, or have the social skills to change the course of history
Maybe if one of you is a professor or scientist of, you know, something useful. Otherwise none of us fa/tg/uys could do anything back then.
>>
>>49053430
If you kill off Christianity you'd destroy way more shit than you'd think.
>>
>>49057064
>only [this specific thing] could have caused [general historical development]
Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet, bruv.
>>
>>49057090
Except you don't actually know what you're doing with the eggs, all you're doing is breaking them with no plan on what to do.
>>
>>49054995
>implying that's a bad thing
>implying that's a bad thing
>inventions and discoveries could only have been invented / discovered by their respective inventors / discoverers, and otherwise could never be invented / discovered
>>
>>49057090
>>49057103
You might randomly get an omelet, more likely you'll just fuck things up for everyone.
>>49057111
Using that logic why kill Jesus in the first place?
>>
>>49057103
Protip: No one actually knows what they're doing in the long-term, and I think Anon has a pretty general plan in the sense of:

>don't let Abrahamic religious get big
>help the Romans tech up and maintain control over the barbarian hordes
>try to make Africa a little less shit
>>
>>49057129
Which is generally retarded but oh well, to each their own.
>>
>>49057128
>You might randomly get an omelet, more likely you'll just fuck things up for everyone.
Modern day history is already fucked up for a lot of people, past and present; people are going to get fucked either way.

>>49057128
>Using that logic why kill Jesus in the first place?
How does that even follow? If you're comparing a messianic salvation religion to discoveries or technological invention, then sure, they pop up all the time.
None have been so successful as Christianity, so I'm not to worried about others getting started.
>>
>>49057151
>keeping Rome strong and intact
>keeping Abrahamic religion in the desert
>making Africa less shit
>retarded
>>
>>49057157
None have been as successful because of Christianity.

Unless you want to dedicate your life (which will probably become a lot shorter) to killing young prophets then there is no certainty that you'll even stop an Abrahamic religion emerging, possibly even worse than any seen now.
>>
>>49057170
>making Africa less shit
Possibly causing it to develop into a direction where it eventually won't be exploited the fuck out of during colonialism and thus being more widely on the same level of technology and living as "civilised" world?
World would turn out to be a completely different place, not to mention even before the original era of colonialism there being the possibility of some African empire expanding and having an effect on the middle east or europe.
>>
>>49057170
>keeping Rome strong and intact
Because it's solely technological stagnancy and Christianity that killed it.

Any way, what I meant was trying to stop all that by killing Jesus. No plan beyond that or care for repercussions.
>>
>>49057236
I would like to hear Moor.
>>
>>49057236
Impossible.
The biological aggression and selfishness of niggers make "a better Africa" a paradox.
>>
>>49057218
"Hey, Romebros, make sure to kill any prophets coming out of that desert, it'll save you a lot of a trouble"

>>49057236
Is that a bad thing? I would love for Africa to be civilized, it would mean that there would never have been colonization in the first place, or it'd be easier to annex by the Romans if the Africans had some semblance of civility.

>>49057248
New tech will certainly help them repair their bureaucracy and fight off the barbarians, but you're right, it's not the only factor.

>Any way, what I meant was trying to stop all that by killing Jesus. No plan beyond that or care for repercussions.
Roman Polytheism continues to be a thing, and it could probably be shaped over time to a very productive and useful religion, without the downsides of Christianity.
>>
>>49053277
>be architect-in-training atm, so do classical training in it in rome
>design buildings
>make dosh
>get big family
>take pile of gold i earn, bury it in a particular place that is tectonically stable and unlikely to be investigated
>disappear to somewhere else every thirty years, drop off my earnings in one of a dozen locations
>build all the crazy designs i want
>start a big family each time
>do the marco polo trip every two centuries or so, do the same thing over there and spread my seed throughout china/india
>by 1400 create a medium-sized castle in Provence and buy myself into french nobility, do ck2-style shenanigans to ensure the bloodline is inside of half of europe by 1600
>build a massive city there for my descendants to rule over to ensure their continuation
>use that family as my cover each time i fake my death or disappear
>use two-thirds of my massive, massive piles of dosh thats been invested for hundreds of years to invest in computing, nuclear power and space travel
>have more descendants than the great khan, spread my species throughout the stars, never to be destroyed
>>
>>49057331
>"Hey, Romebros, make sure to kill any prophets coming out of that desert, it'll save you a lot of a trouble"
The people will love them as they kill their sons.

And still the plan still relies too much on some deluded fantasy that you can fix everything and people will obey you.

The alternative is you barely get steam power out of the Romans by collaborating with Hero and then the Roman economy collapses due to the loss to the slave trade, the Barbarians exploit this for captives and the Middle east becomes a hot bed of fundamentalism far sooner as the brutal Roman occupation takes its toll.
>>
>>49053982
You're on 4chan, bro.
>>
>>49057451
>The people will love them as they kill their sons.
>all Roman people are in the desert

>And still the plan still relies too much on some deluded fantasy that you can fix everything and people will obey you.
I have 200 years to prove that I'm immortal, come from the future, have useful knowledge, and that I'm willing to help them; that's more than enough time.

>The alternative is you barely get steam power out of the Romans by collaborating with Hero and then the Roman economy collapses due to the loss to the slave trade
Last I checked, economies don't collapse because of new technologies :^)
Industries, perhaps, but not economies.

>brutal Roman occupation takes its toll.
Killing/imprisoning anyone who say they're the son of God is hardly a brutal occupation; as far as I'm concerned, the rest of the population can go about their lives as they please.
>>
>>49053797
>saving jesus
Good job condemning everyone to hell. Also Herod was dead for a while when Jesus was crucified.
>>
>>49057548
You're a special kind of retard.
>Last I checked, economies don't collapse because of new technologies :^)

Because there is a gradual progression, there is a reason why Africa got fucked over so bad by Colonialism, everything that was left was unsustainable by the local population. Not to mention you're liable to get murdered for threatening the slave trade, which in turn threatens the Roman military industrial complex which then threatens the Pax Romana.

As for the 200 years to prove you're immortal. Are you sure they won't just kill you after figuring this out? Would they worship you instead sparking a civil war? By all definitions you'd be as a monster or a god to them.

And finally not every prophet claims to be the son of god, hell the definition you give there wouldn't even cover Scientology, Mormonism or Islam.
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 1366x768px
Smothering Christianity and Islam before they could rise to dominance could resultn in other religions which popping up like weeds
>>
File: 1448377307420.jpg (126KB, 710x584px) Image search: [Google]
1448377307420.jpg
126KB, 710x584px
>>49057697
>smelly, dumb viking scum
>>
>>49057697
Or the fact that the abolishment of slavery was strongly influenced by Christian morality.
>>
>>49053277
Probably the same amount of nothing I do now, but with more lead poisoning.

Turns out none of what I actually want to do is productive. Who knew?
>>
Probably
>Join Roman Army
>Become famous and rapidly rise through the ranks because I don't give a shit about being in danger
>Actively support famous people before they begin their political ascents
>Use my growing military authority and political power to eventually get myself proclaimed dictator for life
>Live forever
>Use my modern knowledge of medicine, basic physics, and calculus to help advance Rome a small amount
>Organize the Roman legions from the system of the early Republic
>Attempt to eventually break up the Parthian Empire and absorb its successor states over time or outright cripple them in a single war and make them a client state
>Expand the Roman Empire into India and Nubia
>Exterminate the Germans
>Advance into Caledonia
>When I start to go mad from having lived for several hundred years jump into a volcano
>Two thousand years later religions will probably be based around me and some people will wonder if I ever actually existed or if my name was just a title given to my successor ala Augustus and Caesar.

May not work perfectly but I figure I will at least go down in history and even if I fail in my goals the ride itself seems like it would be pretty fun.
>>
>>49054483
>"Garrosh Hellscream did nothing wrong."
>>
>>49057668
>Because there is a gradual progression, there is a reason why Africa got fucked over so bad by Colonialism, everything that was left was unsustainable by the local population.
That's because the Africans were litterally too dumb and uncivilized to use what the Europeans had left them; I have a fair bit higher expectation of the Romans.

>Not to mention you're liable to get murdered for threatening the slave trade
Slaves can still shovel coal and charcoal; so long as Roman industrial capacity increases, there won't be a shortage of menial labor and the like for slaves.

Hopefully by that point I can get them to soften their perspective on slavery.

> By all definitions you'd be as a monster or a god to them.
I don't know, I'm not a Roman :^)

>>49057741
It's introduction into the Americas was also strongly influenced and supported by it, too.
>>
>>49058036
I get this is all fantasy crafting but please don't ever get sent back in time.
>>
>>49058036
>It's introduction into the Americas was also strongly influenced and supported by it, too.
It existed for thousands of years without Christianity, and the largest slave owners and traders in the new world were Jewish.
>>
>>49058036
Name a single religion that was anti slavery.
>>
>>49058075
No you

>>49058112
True, but arguably the harshest and most terrible form of slavery was that of the colonial era, which was heavily supported by Christian philosophy by the time.

Also, oy vey.
>>
>>49058167
I never made a claim that there was one, only that Christianity was not one in its entirety.
>>
>>49057331
>I would love for Africa to be civilized
Some places of the world have to be underdeveloped to reach what we have now
The world is overburdened as is. Africa reaching same standard of living and subsequent development as europe and other 1st world countries would cause natural resources of the whole world depleting faster than they already are and we're not even getting in to the possible shifts of balance of global power.
>>
>>49058171
>True, but arguably the harshest and most terrible form of slavery was that of the colonial era

They make them fight to the death, work until dead in silver mines, rape them etc?

Because those are all things the Romans did. Plus again, why is being Christian integral to this? Every other religion has a history of brutal slavery.
>>
>>49058032
He didn't, you alliance filth.
>>
>>49058171
>>49058186
>>49058238
But no other religion founded an anti slavery movement that had such a radical affect on the amount of people enslaved (as a percentage, not as a number).
>>
>>49058238
Except for the fighting to death part (I think), yes on both of those accounts.

>Plus again, why is being Christian integral to this?
I never said that only Christianity supported slavery, only that Christianity did support slavery, opposed to the idea that Christianity was inherently anti-slavery.

>Every other religion has a history of brutal slavery.
Yes, they do.
>>
>>49058276
Only until very recently, relatively speaking, and that was more a result of liberal political thought (And all those revolutions and new nations stemming from it) that got its way into Christian philosophy.
>>
>>49058283
Again I'm asking you what is the point of eradicating Christianity if all you're replacing it with is a massive colonizing, industrial nightmare of the Roman Empire?

Half the time your argument is that all advances will happen naturally anyway but all disasters can be mitigated.
>>
>>49058305
>Only until very recently
Who is William Wilberforce and the Quakers for 500 Alex.
>>
>>49053900

Le Fedora ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>49058334
>Again I'm asking you what is the point of eradicating Christianity if all you're replacing it with is a massive colonizing, industrial nightmare of the Roman Empire?
Where'd the nightmare part come form?

>Half the time your argument is that all advances will happen naturally anyway but all disasters can be mitigated.
And where did the naturally part come from either? I may not be an engineer, but I can certainly give a few pointers on how to get started with printing presses and steam engines as the like.

>but all disasters can be mitigated.
Nor did I claim that either. Sure is a lot of words you're putting in my mouth, anon.
>>
>>49058364
>under 300 years ago
That counts as "recently", anon.
>>
>>49058383
>Where'd the nightmare part come form?
Killing the mentally ill without trial or treatment?
>And where did the naturally part come from either?
>>49057111
>Nor did I claim that either.
Well I mean you seem to have the belief that Christianity, Islam and colonialism were all mistakes and want to stop them in one of the most ass about ways possible.
>>
>>49058394
It didn't exist before that retard. That's what being a pioneer of abolition means.
>>
>>49053826
>Travel to random place in Africa and draw computers on a cave wall.
>Chisel sentences in modern English in a Roman catacomb.
>Learn blacksmithing and create thousands of stupid and unusable weapons to bury in one area.
>Reference memes that won't exist for thousands of years.
That will give the archeologists something to think about.
>>
>>49053277
Become one of those barbarians I hear so much about because I'm not a Romanaboo
>>
>>49058467
>Not sneaking into the tombs of the kings in Egypt and chiseling in Yu gi oh monsters.

I am disappoint.
>>
>>49057331
>"Hey, Romebros, make sure to kill any prophets coming out of that desert, it'll save you a lot of a trouble"
>yfw they take you at your word and crucify Jesus
bootstrapface.jpg
>>
>>49058495
>>49058467
>Start putting marble dragon dildos in burial sites
>>
>>49058506
I guess it is the rightish region for a self fulfilling prophecy.
>>
>>49058533
>Not Replacing the Sphinxes nose with a giant dragon dick.
>>
I move silently down through the centuries. Living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of The Gathering, when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one must ever know we are among them.
No but seriously, I sign a contract to do some time as a gladiator, then I retire and live quietly somewhere out in the country. Once banking becomes a thing, I get in on that. Every few decades, I fake my own death, leaving the majority of my wealth to various charities and organizations, and a small portion to my new identity. I take the money and assets I left to myself, and move elsewhere.
>>
File: 1439428284315.jpg (93KB, 581x593px) Image search: [Google]
1439428284315.jpg
93KB, 581x593px
>>49058467
>Reference memes that won't exist for thousands of years.
This is the extent I'd go to "change history".
I'd live my very long life quietly learning things I literally have all the time in the world to learn but amuse myself by making memes transcend time itself and laugh heartily on the 21st century when the things start popping up.
>>
>>49053430
>Kill Jesus in order to prevent the dark ages
>Become something more similar to Jesus than the actual person
?
>>
>>49053324
Because with Roman politics being what they were, there is no way in hell you won't be hacked to bits at some point.
>>
>>49053430
>Kill Jesus.
Let me guess, you actually believe in historically revisionist "dark ages" bullshit made up by renaissance writers to puff up their own egos.
Name for me one, just one, scientist burned, persecuted, or oppressed for their science in the Middle Ages.
Plus, y'know, dude whose whole schtick was "be excellent to each other" isn't really who you'd need to wack even if that shit was true. You'd need to wack the guys who wound up running the show later on.
>>
>>49056779
>scientific method or
They developed logic as we know it, even though empirical methodes were invented by people who were black by US standards.

>rigorous mathematics
They already had about 90% the mathematic concepts we rediscovered between 800-1800 AD.

The Romans killed the sciences at their root and it took them being really fucking dead before the rest of us could make strides towards recovering what they cast aside without as much as a glance.
>>
File: mfw you bitch nigga.jpg (46KB, 337x396px) Image search: [Google]
mfw you bitch nigga.jpg
46KB, 337x396px
>>49058036
>That's because the Africans were litterally too dumb and uncivilized to use what the Europeans had left them

If I plant a road through your house to transport raw materials to my company and have the state forbid you from building a toll gate on it after I've moved my operations elsewhere, am I entitled to call you trash who couldn't even make use of what I left behind too?
>>
>>49058112
>and the largest slave owners and traders in the new world were Jewish.

One day, somebody is going to rewrite US history to reflect what really happened.

It'll be about how Haitians and French were instrumental in the expansion of the Union, how Israelites built their industry and how Africans were the bedrock of their workforce.

It'll mention the English in passing, in connection with other diseases that led to the rapid decline of the American population.
>>
>>49060098
>even though empirical methodes were invented by people who were black by US standards
This is some serious WE WUZ KANGS fuckery.

>>49060204
Except I would have been working for you and would have been constantly surrounded by your operations, not to mention my tribe literally being educated by the colonists.

You have a real fucked up view of colonialism.
>>
>>49060350
Oy vey, I found the Jewish French Haitian
>>
>>49053277
I get some copper.

I make them into tubes.

I get some wine, and boil it.

And then I sell some fucking brandy.
>>
>>49060592
>Except I would have been working for you
Nope.
>>
>>49053430
>>Kill Jesus.
Rip the foundations of genetics work.
>>
File: Dick-Cheney-WC-9246063-2-402.jpg (73KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
Dick-Cheney-WC-9246063-2-402.jpg
73KB, 402x402px
>>49060592
>This is some serious WE WUZ KANGS fuckery.

Pyramids, Ano. They were built by people who got knowledged in geometry and astronomy, both of which were knowledge generated by empiric methodes. Also nonwhites from Africa.

In general, Afrocentrism is basically a satire on world history as seen through the eyes of the common North American WASP and the famous "Dindu" is the basic methodological approach that creature has to the interpretation of historic events.

>We dindu nuffin to the Americans
>we dindu slavery
>we dindu nufffin when we dropped the bombs
>we dindu nuffin in Vietnam
>we dindu funded islamic terrorism
>we dindu ISIS
>>
>>49061054
Then you'd be a shit colonialist.

>>49061244
>Egyptians were black
>all Africans are black
W E W
L A D

>implying we deny fucking over the injuns
>implying we deny slavery being shit
>implying the bombs weren't entirely justified
>implying 'Nam wasn't entirely justified, and would have been won, if it weren't for those fucking hippies
>implying dunecoons killing each other isn't the best use of federal tax dollars
>>
File: 2221910046_89252cc3bd_b.jpg (523KB, 1024x543px) Image search: [Google]
2221910046_89252cc3bd_b.jpg
523KB, 1024x543px
>>49061244
>muh piramids where built by congoid africans
please, as a historian this makes my bones tingle. Egypt was a diverse country, but it was only ruled by a dark skinned (Nubian) dynasty for about 30 years. It was one of the last dynasties, so they lived closer to the founding of pizza hut than the founding of great piramids. The other dynasties where nonwhite, but definitely not dark-skinned/sub-saharan.

But, literally, you are somewhat right. Egyptians used slaves from all over the world in their projects
>>
File: 1437237001175.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1437237001175.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>49061378
>lived closer to the founding of pizza hut than the founding of great piramids
>>
>>49061373
>>implying 'Nam wasn't entirely justified, and would have been won, if it weren't for those fucking hippies

Nah, man that war was lost due to the way it was fought most of the way.
>>
>>49061576
It would have been won eventually, especially with proper support from the populace if they weren't being subverted.
>>
>>49053277
Find out who wrote the bible stories.
Pay them to include as many dick jokes as possible.
>>
>>49053277
Use all the spare time I have to get used to being able to sustain horrible injuries and learn how to politics, then start making a secret order who believes me to be a gift from the gods. Rome was much more scientifically tolerant thanks to the greeks so I should be able to make at least a few rudimentary technologies. Start subverting religions using my modern day knowledge of science and my own personal powers paired with years of experience learning to be both a fighter and a statesman.

When sickness strikes, I make cures from moldy food, when hunger strikes, I am the benevolent leader who uses my mind and my unique abilities as a negotiator to ensure few suffer. When the emperor of Rome fears me I would go to him and tell him I have not been sent by the gods to rule rome, merely to ensure it lasts. After all, I have all the time in the world to claim power and I'd rather have at least a lifetime behind me before I do so.

The future I would forge would hopefully be for the better. The dark ages being all but eradicated after I show people that "boiling water kills the evils hiding within, for that is why tartarus is filled with fire and water". I also believe I will look for those who have become clever and created great works of science and art and I will do what I can in the background to cushion the bad and improve on the good. I sit on a computer now because I am bored, ordinary, and becoming great is hard in this time. But back then, the average person in this time would have unheard of advantages in health and knowledge compared to them and the extra powers are quite possibly enough to make you the god emperor of mankind should you wish it.
>>
>>49058036
>That's because the Africans were litterally too dumb and uncivilized to use what the Europeans had left them

Try to read a book for once.

The infrastructure in place was only usable to bring ressources out of the country, nothing else, not of much use for anything else.

The newly independent countries had to pay the old colonial overlords hefty sums for said infrastructure, meant that said ex-colonies started with a shitload of debt.

The ex-overlords keep tabs on their ex-colonies to get shit for cheap as always.
If a leader pops up that wants to sell shit for the regular market value so he can build up the country, he gets killed and replaced by some dick wo does not care as long as he gets rich.
That was pretty much the main job of the foreign legion after the french pulled out.

The ex-overlords ruled by playing religious or ethnic groups against each other, one side got wealthy but hated by the other side, thus needed to cooperate with the overlord.
With the overlord gone, people gonna settle them grudges.
>>
>>49053365
You just move your operation somewhere, posing as your nephew.
>>
>>49062131
>The infrastructure in place was only usable to bring ressources out of the country, nothing else, not of much use for anything else.

>Mining, plantations, logistical infrastructure, hospitals, etc
>not much use for anything else
Holy fuck, were you dropped as a child?
>>
>>49062316
Hes just a leftist faggot who thinks niggers where capable of independent civilization.
>>
>>49062334
you aren't capable of spelling
>>
File: ramses4_02.jpg (111KB, 788x794px) Image search: [Google]
ramses4_02.jpg
111KB, 788x794px
>>49061588
>>49061373
>implying 'Nam wasn't entirely justified, and would have been won, if it weren't for those fucking hippies
Anon, the aim of the war was "nation building", which basically segued into letting a brutal, dictatorial and corrupt regime mooch off the US forever while the limited bombing campaigns had about as much of a discernable effect as gun ownership has on crime and unlimited bombing runs or a solid invasion weren't in the cards on grounds of geopolitics.

And let's not forget that the North was fighting to free their country from a foreign-backed dictatorship the whole time.

>implying we deny fucking over the injuns
Come back after the story of a "vast and empty continent, colonized by rugged individualists" is dead and buried then.

>implying we deny slavery being shit
Yeah, that's usually followed by: "Slavery dindu nuff for the US economy. It was a hobby horse of the South."

>implying the bombs weren't entirely justified
They didn't even register on the Japanese's agenda because the death toll wasn't out of line with what they got from every firebombing raid. They did start the nuclear arms race with the Russians though.

>implying dunecoons killing each other isn't the best use of federal tax dollars
Eh, the Sauds already did that without sucking up tax dollars and the siege on Iraq killed a few hundred thousand kids every year without putting anyone who matters in the firing line. The money was completely misspent.

>>49061378
You seriously gonna claim that this kang ain't gonna be made to sit in the back of the bus in the US?
>>
>>49062386
That's your best? Disappointed...
>>
>>49062478
>And let's not forget that the North was fighting to free their country from a foreign-backed dictatorship the whole time.
Better a dictatorship than fucking commies,

>Come back after the story of a "vast and empty continent, colonized by rugged individualists" is dead and buried then.
That story is kind of dead already, what with the stories of constant indian raids.

>Yeah, that's usually followed by: "Slavery dindu nuff for the US economy. It was a hobby horse of the South."
No shit it did something for the US economy, otherwise it wouldn't have been so profitable. Blacks still don't get credit for it.

>They didn't even register on the Japanese's agenda because the death toll wasn't out of line with what they got from every firebombing raid. They did start the nuclear arms race with the Russians though.
Then they were as justified as firebombing, except that we needed only a single plane to fuck up their city.
>nuclear arms race
Better than there being a North and South Japan, along with Korea and Vietnam.

>siege on Iraq
Same problem as Vietnam, a concern over having a "humane war" instead of grinding them to dust under the bootheel of the American military.
>>
File: alexander.jpg (150KB, 768x615px) Image search: [Google]
alexander.jpg
150KB, 768x615px
I'd rather hang out with Alexander the Great, if I'm honest. I think it'd be cool to roll with him as an adviser my ability to speak any language would help this case, I think), see him march across the world and the melding of cultures
Also I'd try and save him from dying in Babylon.
>>
>>49053277

>ctrl+f "fuck my slave boy"
>Phrase not found

/tg/, I'm disappoint
>>
>>49062575
>Better than there being a North and South Japan, along with Korea and Vietnam.
Once again, the bombs didn't do that. They were not relevant militarily as far as the Japanese were concerned because they didn't kill and wound any more or less people than the firebombings. Plus Japan was pretty close to where Best Korea was during the 50s - at nothing worth being bombed left standing above ground.

The surrender came about because the Japanese lost any chance to win a more favourable peace treaty through Russian mediation the moment Stalin started rolling through Manchuria and they only surrendered because the people in the US government who wanted to offer them an acceptable deal (meaning a guarantee that the Emperor gets to stay) won out before the Russians had landed on Hokkaido and made it all the way to Honshu.

The spiel about the bomb was just them saving face the same way the Germans are saving face by claiming that killing six million humans made them THE BEST AT BEING GOOD PEOPLE and the Americans claiming that they save Japan from being split along with a lot of US servicemen's life. It's the sort of lies it takes to hold a country together and to hold your head up high at international meetings.

>>49062575
>Same problem as Vietnam, a concern over having a "humane war" instead of grinding them to dust under the bootheel of the American military.
You're dumb. The siege was the period between the two invasions, which was predicted to hit children and the sick, but do little to nothing to inconvenience Saddam and his inner circle. The mistakes made after the second invasion were of a completely different nature.
>>
>>49053295
If you wait for modernity like this, will you eventually catch up to your birth? Or will you not be naturally born in the new timeline?
>>
Push East, have a general strategy of getting through the middle-of-nowhere empires and make territorial contact with the Han dynasty. Forge an alliance and have a fuckhuge dual-empire. Have an uninterrupted Silk Road.

Then start colonizing the Americas.
>>
>>49062724

Imagine Alexander with the healing factor!
>>
File: your argument.jpg (76KB, 600x490px) Image search: [Google]
your argument.jpg
76KB, 600x490px
>>49062575
>a concern over having a "humane war"
>Vietnam

We talking about that war during the 60s in SE Asia in which the US sprayed down a significant part of a country with gas and toxic substances, right?
>>
>>49063190
Are you suggesting I pull a Kagemusha?
>>
>>49063264
>Kagemusha

Cool but no, just giving him the healing factor or blood transfusions to keep him young and healthy.
>>
>>49063319
That's a good quandary, actually. Do I give up nigh-invulnerability to let Alexander live?
I couldn't. Sorry, Zeus-Ammon, but I fear death too much
>>
>>49063319
>supporting somebody who's a slave to the liquor
>>
>>49062980

We are talking big plans not what we do after breakfast.
>>
>>49063465

The Healing factor fixes that
>>
I shitpost on a wall in Pompei
>>
File: Cabal.jpg (72KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cabal.jpg
72KB, 480x480px
>>49053277
Create the Illuminati, make way for humanity to be ruled by an AI. Peace can only be achieved through an incorruptible leader and a benevolent dictator, though limit its powers on private matters, it has great powers on public matters.

Control the media, control the mind.
>>
File: Kane dance.gif (653KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Kane dance.gif
653KB, 320x240px
>>49053277
I learn some sweet moves and get ready for the Tiberium Wars.
>>
>>49053925
Roman Emperors were not known for their mental stability at the time.
>>
File: 1402645478844.jpg (17KB, 152x220px) Image search: [Google]
1402645478844.jpg
17KB, 152x220px
>>49063964
Roman Emperor didnt exist in 200 BC.
>>
>>49063988

Until now or then because time travel is involve.
>>
>>49061373
>Then you'd be a shit colonialist.
Then I'd be a profitable one.
>>
File: Aquila.jpg (357KB, 3543x1343px) Image search: [Google]
Aquila.jpg
357KB, 3543x1343px
>>49053277
>>
>>49053373
The wandering jew you mean
>>
>>49054454
Thanks for the laugh.
>>
Interview, research, write, focusing on the groups of people that history will forget. There is too little to work with now and we're poorer for it.
>>
>>49064018
I don't think you get his point.
You appear in 200 B.C.'s Roman Republic.
The Roman Empire won't come to be for over 170 years (140, if you include Caesar's rule).

Just because time travel was involved won't magically give 200 B.C. a completely different history.
You might manage to jump start the Roman Empire somehow, but it's highly unlikely.

Point is, in the location you're going to, there is no single universal ruler you can piss off.
It's a republic, not a monarchy.
>>
>>49064296
>It's a republic
its an oligarchic republic.
>>
File: Lest_darkness_fall.jpg (22KB, 208x320px) Image search: [Google]
Lest_darkness_fall.jpg
22KB, 208x320px
>>49061028

Brandy is a good start
>>
>>49057064
And how is that a bad thing? Destroying xtianity is working to save mankind
>>
>>49064351
Yes.
So if you manage to piss off a majority of the patricians, you're in trouble.

Which isn't the same as Nero tossing a coin to see if he wants to quarter you, or give you a cheesecake sandwich.
>>
File: 1357691762246.jpg (37KB, 501x480px) Image search: [Google]
1357691762246.jpg
37KB, 501x480px
>>49064351
Thanks for clearing that up, Anon. After this can you make sure that the river next to my house is wet? Or maybe you'd like to check to see that all the trees are plants or not.
>>
>>49064351
>its an oligarchic republic.
with a clan-based voting system, yes.
>>
>>49053277
inscribe memes everywhere I went
specifically, I'd be making allusions to a "Trump" and the year 2016, with "Hillary" opposite him, being depicted as evil.

Other than that, gather up everything valuable I can: gold coins, trinkets of archaeological value, etc. and keep it safe and sell it as time goes on.

continue in this fashion until the golden age of pirates, at which point
OH BOY
OH FUCKING BOY
PIRATE CAPTAIN HO
I'm stealing the biggest ship I can manage and starting my own pirate crew, using knowledge gathered over the previous centuries to upgrade it as much as possible and train the crew well. also not have to deal with scurvy because I know what prevents it.
This pirate ship is steadily upgraded with new tech and constantly sails the 7 seas, using foreknowledge of tech to stay one step ahead of the pack.
Become a living legend, having existed for literal centuries.
The crew may change, but the captain hasn't, and won't.
>>
>>49064671
>inscribe memes everywhere I went
>specifically, I'd be making allusions to a "Trump" and the year 2016, with "Hillary" opposite him, being depicted as evil.
Actually, this gave me an idea.

>Become the original Killroy.
>>
>>49053797

>>Through good use of my newfound powers and showmanship, become known as a demigod servant of Jupiter, sent to sort Rome's shit out. As such, I become the highest religious authority.

Top Kek, Romans didn't give a shit about the imperial cult. It was a political machine used by patracians. Being some dude who claims he's the son of Jupiter won't make people care about you. You'd need to find a patron and build relations from there. Rome is all politics, flashy tricks ain't enough, you got to infiltrate the top.
>>
>>49053277
Travel.

Being an unaging being people would assume I'm a witch or some shit. I don't want to have all eyes on me so I travel. Sure I'll probably get a nickname since people all over the world keep seeing this guy pop up but that's at least something where you can say "I just look like him."
>>
>>49053370
Just wait for 3 days and then be like "LOL, i respawned".
>>
File: Romantic_IRA.jpg (42KB, 640x525px) Image search: [Google]
Romantic_IRA.jpg
42KB, 640x525px
>>49053277
Go to Ireland
>Pic related
>>
>>49056405
holly shit anoin maybe it wo
>>
Probably wouldn't be able to do much in Roman society as a woman, so probably go off instead to some barbarians or northern tribes or something who could have queens.

After that, only question is I guess, how long would I live for?
>>
>>49065378
indefinitely, apparently, you've got a semi-immortality, you don't age/die of most causes, but being burned/losing your head will kill you
>>
>>49053277
Convince the Emperor there's an entire other continent to the west chock full of gold and shit. Go to South America. Mayans v Rome go.
>>
>>49065600
Probably live out Roman life for some time then, and eventually leave to live in a next stable state, like what will go on to become England.
>>
>>49054549

How would you introduce the metric system? Besides saying "1mm, duh", how do you know how big a mm is? You can gesture with your arms, saying "let's use something about this big", but people will just laugh and call you an idiot.

Time had a system that allowed them to construct aqueducts kilometers long. You're going to be hard pressed to convince them your "this big" system is better.
>>
>>49053277
I do what I do best, get a job and have a family. While learning as many trades as I can and get HUEG.
>>
>>49054106
That actually was so bad in Rome the water created a calcium build up in the pipes protecting them from lead poisoning. It really depended on the ph of the local water table.
>>
>>49054248
I'd take all the domestic animals from Europe while you are at it anon. A few horses + sheep
>>
>>49065378
>>49065682

Just throwing it out there, but women who had at least three legitimate children from their husband was treated (almost) just as well as the average male citizen.

You could also hold out for the Byzantine Empire and take over Theodora's position by Justinian's side, eventually seeing him survive or die to the plague and ruling as Empress instead.
>>
>>49058467
>>49059609
why not just do your best to keep current (at the time) memes relevant.

>Proceed to shit everyone
>Write that Secundus did it.
>>
>>49066416
Treated almost just as well as the average male citizen isn't really the same as having opportunities to raise above one's standing though.

Also the Byzantine Empire collapses.
>>
>>49066470
but... you DID rise above your standing, you had kids, making you more useful to the empire and more respected because of that.
>>
>>49066470
>Also the Byzantine Empire collapses.

>literally every empire in history thus far
>>
>>49066843
There's nations today that have not yet collapsed and have been around in some form or other, not long after Rome collapses. Hence why I figured England, or what becomes it.

>>49066842
I'm not that beholden to an empire where I can't possibly rule. Also how does possibly living indefinitely work with fertility? Do I still become unable to have children past 50, even if I'm still biologically young? Advanced healing factor wouldn't itself grant the ability to synthesize eggs.
>>
>>49066894
>Nations = Empires

Also, Shush. You're keeping fresh new eggs.
>>
>>49066894
>England
>being an empire

That shit fell apart over two centuries ago.
>>
>>49066894
>Do I still become unable to have children past 50, even if I'm still biologically young? Advanced healing factor wouldn't itself grant the ability to synthesize eggs.

If you are biologically 20, then all of your biological functions would still operate as if you were twenty. What kind of question is this?
>>
>>49066936
I'm referring to England as the entity. Whether it's the British Empire or not, it still exists as an entity, and has done so since not long after Rome collapses.

It's possibly the safest bets as far as I know, which also gives some possible high status to women.
>>
>>49066965
>What kind of question is this?

There's only a limited number of eggs to begin with, and you can't make more. If you remain 20 and continue to menstruate, in roughly 30 years you'll be out of eggs, give or take, even if your body remains young. Unless of course the eggs are magically synthesized from the ether, but then that's not just advanced healing factor.
>>
>>49067012
You're regenerating all of your cells. It is keeping you as you are, at 20. Why would this not include eggs?
>>
>>49066979
>still existing=/=remaining as an entity

Great Britain has changed so much over the years it may as well have a different name. That is a silly comparison and silly reasoning. Rome still exists as a city, is it the same as Rome two-thousand years ago? Of course not. You'd be better off in Alaska. And it fits your criteria of "being there".
>>
>>49067012

This means you need to make it count, anon.

Find a good man and have children, and watch over their children and their children's children.
>>
>>49067086
Because you conventionally lose eggs naturally, your body can naturally heal damage but it can't naturally make more eggs. If the eggs themselves are damaged, then the assumption being they'd regenerate. If they're lost outright though?

Unless the ability like, takes a snapshot of you at a point while you're 20, and does its best to keep it that way, including synthesizing lost eggs. But then the implications are mind-boggling, do you only ever ovulate the same egg, just regenerated over and over each time you lose it?

>>49067129
>That is a silly comparison and silly reasoning.

Maybe to you. Rome has been sacked and experienced turmoil and bloodshed since 200 B.C., even if it still exists. The idea is to find a place of civilization which exists for the longest amount of time, while experiencing the least amount of turmoil and danger.

England may have changed so much over the years, just as Rome has, but there are places in England which have been safer than Rome since then. Certainly at least, places which haven't been sacked, pillaged, burned, and what have you.

>>49067152
I guess that's a fair point, create a clan that propagates itself, and ideally could ensure my safety.
>>
File: 1439646386118.png (14KB, 306x245px) Image search: [Google]
1439646386118.png
14KB, 306x245px
>>49053295
>investing in Microsoft and Apple
>when you can invest in Dutch East India Trading Company
>>
>>49067237

The danger in making a clan is when the Romans get about to invading the British Isles and Boudicca decides to fuck everything up by uniting the Britons under one banner that gets smashed.
>>
>>49053277
I will join the army asap, learn how to fight and kill. Then I will do my best to be promoted to centurion, learning as much as I can about military (strategy, tactics, siege and general warfare). After 30-40 years of roaming the world waging war and impregnating as much women as I can, I'll be retired and granted a land (like retired soldiers did). I'll ask for a land as far as possible from Rome, near the frontier.

After a couple of years of hanging around with the locals, subtly teaching them today's knowledge (hygiene, health care, basic science (even in disguise of magic if necessary) and the Imperial Creed I will leave and wander the world looking for adventure as a mercenary, keeping closer any savant and learning everything I can (philosophy, maths, architecture, medicine, metallurgy, etc.) towards the east -still impregnating as many women as I can- till the day zero. then I go to Judea, find the so called Son of God and figure out if is for real or just a cultist/fanatic/insurgent -if even exists. If he is the Son of God, heck! I'll leave him alone, if not, I will kill him the way of my people: Knocking him out, putting him in a sack full of stones and throwing him overboard in the middle of the sea.

Then back to the northern frontier of the roman empire, teaching them how beat the fuck up of the roman army and try myself to became a Warlord and (try to) raid every roman town, raising tribes against Rome. EVERYTHING I can to waste Rome.

Then again, roam the world, fuck and learn as much as possible till the day arrives Mohammed is born -I'll feed the pigs with him alive.

Then again, fuck the world, roam and learn as much as possible and see were it goes from there.
>>
>>49067408
Well in this case it would be a Roman clan, right? If the scenario is being born into Rome circa 200 B.C.

Plenty of time to get several generations of a big family, and leaving before the whole situation goes tits up.
>>
>>49053277
>use some of my math and general physics knowledge to become a respected philosopher, learn several languages
>become an advisor
>slowly make my way into power
>apply rational methods of economic centralisation and scientific research
>slowly dissolve slavery to create demand for my new production methods
>push for early manufacture, work division and following industrialisation
>science will naturally develop to solve practical problems
>slay the germanic tribes
>expand like crazy and open new areas for my imperialism, taking resources and workforce
>become a god emperor stalin
>create abundance because of how fast progress was achieved
>abolish mysticism
>try not to get tortured as that would be bad being immortal
>pave mankind's way into a post-scarcity society
Thread posts: 258
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.