[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The inaccuracies of the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: UpliftingPrimer.jpg (26KB, 270x482px) Image search: [Google]
UpliftingPrimer.jpg
26KB, 270x482px
The inaccuracies of the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer are likely to encourage people to join and boost their morale but what about the premise of a theoretical opposite of the Primer that overstates the effectiveness of enemies a bit to prevent soldiers from doing stupid things and making them be cautious.

For example, a Warhammer Fantasy version could focus on how savage orc weapons are meticulously carved and well-made despite still being made out of hard wood, stone and metal or focus on how elves are highly skilled and faster than humans but gloss over how most of them are militia rather than a standing army. What does everyone think?
>>
File: Commissar_Genera2.jpg (790KB, 1200x791px) Image search: [Google]
Commissar_Genera2.jpg
790KB, 1200x791px
>>49026737
>The inaccuracies of the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer
>>
>>49026777
We do not actually exist within the setting's universe, anon, you don't have to roleplay it every minute of every day.
>>
File: absolutely heretical2.jpg (219KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely heretical2.jpg
219KB, 720x540px
>>49026853
>We do not actually exist
Back to warp with you!

It would probably be too demoralizing. The idea of the handbook as written is to provide morale. It's literally in the title.
>>
>>49026737
>Happy Horus's Demoralizing Document
I don't see the point of scaring your own soldiers with misinformation so they are more likely to break and run.

Though I do like the idea of an illegally-modified version filled with demoralizing propaganda and chaos magic.
>>
>>49026737
The primer is handed to troops as part of their standard kit. It's not something spread among the population.

Also, what the fuck is the purpose of demoralizing your troops with how good the enemy is?
>>
>>49026737
Sergeant Major Merrick's Handy Dandy Tactical Tips.
>>
>>49026737
Have you ever played Paranoia, OP?
The point of this game isn't to be right, or to tell the truth.
You need to kill the mutants and commie scum.
Disregard the fact that everyone is a mutant.
Forget the fact that your society is SuperRussoChina to a tea.
Lie harder than everyone else. Point more fingers than they can. Shout patriotism louder.
There is no room for truth when there is a nation and a loving overlord friend-computer to satisfy.
>>
>>49026737
Your bait is weak, but you attempt is laudable. Keep up the good work, soldier.
>>
>>49029401
I already said, overstate the capabilities of your opponent a bit so that your troops and soldiers will be more cautious and alert or perhaps just focus on your opponents strengths. I'll give some more examples.
>Focus on the low cunning displayed by beastmen and goblins, you want soldiers constantly watching for signs of them if they expect either, being alert and not chasing them when they look like their fleeing.
>When the possibility of fighting Vampires and undead is brought up, focus on their abundance of flying enemies, especially in always keeping a unit or two of melee units near every artillery or missile unit to prevent those from getting isolated and destroyed.
>>
File: 1449297897917.jpg (59KB, 445x437px) Image search: [Google]
1449297897917.jpg
59KB, 445x437px
>>49026737

all commissar memes aside, the primer is propaganda material that fulfills it's intended (and unintended) purposes: occupying the mind of new, disposable guradsmen with adhering to imperial regulations and unintended purpose being readily available toilet paper for vets.

an accurate, informative un-uplifting primer goes against the fundamental imperial belief in the unquestioning superiority of mankind. any concessions made to xeno species would directly or indirectly contradict that foundation.

ultimately this is the fatal flaw of any society/nation based on a belief in one's own superiority: there can be no acknowledgement of anything else possessing a good quality. the result is that underestimating the enemy is integrated into strategical planning.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.