[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played as anything but a human. I just can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: dungeon meshi.jpg (142KB, 728x1036px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon meshi.jpg
142KB, 728x1036px
I've never played as anything but a human.

I just can't imagine myself as anything but your regular joe.

Am I missing out on something here?
>>
Nah, I play humans exclusively in D&D-type games, unless warforged is an option.

In any other game, I always play robots if possible.
>>
>>49008043
It's too hard to roleplay another race imo.
>>
I often go for demihuman races, especially elves, dwarves and half-elves, with the occasional lizardfolk.

It is sometimes fun to imagine yourself as the average joe from the other side,or as something slightly different.
>>
>>49007997
Just play them, don't try too much to apt their supposed archetypes, stereotypical ways of speech, manners and attitudes. Think about where your character comes from and what his goals are, where he wants to be at the end of his journey. And then just play in a way you are comfortable with.
>>
Not really.

You play what you wanna play.
>>
>>49007997
I like playing humans.

Of course, a human PC is hardly a "regular joe".
>>
>>49008496
I guess it's what you consider "average". If you think of being an adventurer as a regular 9-5 job, then it's "average"
>>
File: [mass killing intensifies].jpg (11KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
[mass killing intensifies].jpg
11KB, 640x352px
It depends Anonymous. Do you want to be able to play as something besides a regular joe?

If so, then take baby steps. Make a character and then give them an ironclad rule that no matter the situation, they won't break. Make a real completely alien to your own personality that you have to force yourself to follow.

Then, add another. And another. And another. Slowly you'll learn to be able to separate tastes from your character characters and diverge into new depths.
>>
>>49007997
>I just can't imagine myself as anything but your regular joe.
>he thinks a PC is a regular joe
>>
>>49007997
>Am I missing out on something here?

Probably, I'm not good at playing regular humans so stereotypical races helps out with fleshing out a character for me.
>>
>>49007997
Sauce?
>>
>>49008922

Filename, homie
>>
>>49007997
>Am I missing out on something here?
Yeah, the part where your PC isn't literally you.
>>
>>49008985
Thanks.
>>
>>49008517
>If you think of being an adventurer as a regular 9-5 job, then it's "average"

If you don't work with your GM to create real reasons to participate in the campaign's events beyond it being the premise of the game you're playing, then a lot of things will seem underwhelming.

It's like, Bilbo wouldn't write "adventurer" on his tax form. He was a country noble-guy, he was recruited as a burglar, had exciting things happen to him (and spent the whole time bitching about how much he wanted to go home), and then he went home.

Even if you call yourself a "treasure-hunter" or "explorer", that's less lazy and actually calls an image to mind. It helps you bring some kind of motivation (i.e. what is the treasure you want to find? what exotic place are you hoping to map out or tame? why are you doing it?), instead of being a literal murderhobo.

You could even be "a guy looking to sack this setting's equivalent to El Dorado just for the adrenaline rush", and that tells me more about your character than "adventurer".
>>
File: 1443451428976.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1443451428976.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>49009292
>>
>>49009292
>and spent the whole time bitching about how much he wanted to go home
excuse you, he spent most of his time bitching INTERNALLY about how he wanted to go home. A complainer Bilbo was not.
>>
>>49009582
>bilbo's bitching was mostly internal
You're right. I got him confused with the dwarves in that regard. The dwarves' bitching kind of blended together with bilbo's in my mind.
>>
>>49007997
>I just can't imagine myself as anything but your regular joe.
Your PC isn't you. You don't have to imagine yourself as your character, you have to play them.
>>
No.
>>
>>49007997
If you're having fun then no.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.