[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG Conspiracy 2 thread Who's ready for the draft tonight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

File: en_hBO2gZDg8f.png (162KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_hBO2gZDg8f.png
162KB, 265x370px
MtG Conspiracy 2 thread

Who's ready for the draft tonight? Anything special you want to play?
>>
>>48997451
Man that looks interesting and fun, too bad you can't have that outside of Conspiracy.
>>
>>48997470
>he doesn't cube
>>
I'd love to play a constructed format where you get a conspiracy for your deck, but I think everyone would use this one.
>>
>>48997562
Nah, constructed gets away with the greediest rainbow landbases.
Constructed also has a lot of draw control so curving perfectly isn't worth two cards.

Never dead drawing a top deck is a nice touch, but by the time that matters you'll already be way behind.
Hymn of the Wilds tho, they don't call it Creatures: the Tappening for nothing
>>
>>48997716
But Realm means you don't have to have lands at all, which improves deck consistency to the extreme.
>>
>>48997807
It also means you have to ditch cards to get mana, which would really blow in almost every constructed deck imaginable.

Reducing your max hand size to 5, including the mulligans required for competitive play, INCLUDING throwing away cards to get lands is the worst decision possible unless you have some kind of amazing exile play. Which nothing does to recur your own things from exile.
>>
>>48997827
You do realize that playing a land is the same thing as throwing a card away to get one, right?
>>
>>48997852
You are also throwing away strategy when you pitch cards into exile for no fucking reason other than to play a mana.

On top of starting with 5 cards.

What happens when you need to mull a few times to get a good hand? You're left with 3 fucking cards in hand and have to pitch them all to get lands.

This is beyond terrible for competitive play
>>
>>48997894
this, desu. In no way would any serious player think this is a good card for anything but draft
>>
>>48997894
You're also throwing away strategy by running lands in your deck instead of your cool spells.
>>
>>48997926
and you're also starting with 3-5 cards in hand.

Do you not see how absolutely awful that is?
>why yes, I would like to mull to 5 at the beginning of the game with no scry trigger
>of course I don't want a decent, full hand. Thank you for asking
>I will definitely pitch every single gas or answer I have to play a land a turn

Fetches are a way of thinning your deck into drawing what you actually need. Just because you shove (insert color here) goodstuff into your deck doesn't make your gameplan any better.

Can you imagine playing any aggro deck with 4 cards in hand at the very beginning? Can you imagine having to start at 5 cards as control?

Of course not, because you don't play competitive
>>
>>48997894
>What happens when you need to mull a few times to get a good hand?
A fair number of mulligans are done because your starting hand either has too much or too little lands. With Sovereign's Realm, you never have to make those mulls because you always have the enough lands.

I would totally start at 5 in an aggro deck if I could always guarantee starting with 2 lands and always drawing action.
>>
>>48997451
Imagine drafting both Conspiracy sets together and hitting enough bullshit luck to get this with Exploration.
>I exile this card from my hand to play two basics
>>
>>48997960
Play it in an additional lands deck, like >>48997960 said.
>>
My LGS isn't having an event until Sunday, I really wanna play with Arcane Savant to cast off color shit, both of the planeswalkers seem fun too or new Grenzo.
>>
I'm going to draft it tomorrow with friends at the LGS. The owner didn't even want to order the set before I convinced him so I hope it will be worth it.
At worst I hope to get a lo of "draft matters" cards for my cube and monarch looks like an interesting mechanic for multiplayer.
>>
>>48998008
Exactly.

Like damn. I'd play a burn/draw deck with this. Put down like two lands max, burn em out and generate card value through blue spells. Ez.
>>
You can combo this with fastbond or anything else that allows you to play extra lands on a turn.
>>
>>48997827
You're really fucking bad at Magic (and logic)

Throwing away cards is something you already have to do with normal lands, only now you can use ANY card instead of only pre-defined, otherwise useless cards
>>
File: shibe64.jpg (97KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
shibe64.jpg
97KB, 600x800px
??/10, how much of a pleb am I for wanting to just buy a box and crack at home with a cup of coffee? Not in the mood to draft tonight. Really loving the look of this set though.
>>
>>48997960
That's gas or answers you wouldn't fucking have if not for Realms allowing you to ditch lands wholesale.

If you don't realize why being able to play every color and use narrow sideboard cards mainboard because they can function as lands, you're horrible at Magic
>>
It makes me want a Conspiracy that just turns your side of the game into Duel Masters
>>
>>48997716
>constructed gets away with the greediest rainbow bases
>he's actually retarded enough to think this is true
No deck can play Obliterator, Cryptic, Knight of the Reliquary, any nonbasic that doesn't make colored management and even goofy hilarious shit like Back to Basics and Price of Progress.

There's a reason there's five flavors of Delver. Imagine RUG Delver with Confidant and Price. Who the fuck needs the +2 when your entire deck is disturbingly powerful, and can pitch off-tempo plays to fuel the actual tempo plays

-2 is a major disadvantage but the leeway in deckbuilding is enormous, and the consistency is disturbingly strong
>>
>>48998971
>wasting a box of a draft-centric set on not drafting it
Just get EMA.
>>
>>48997451
hoping to pull a bunch of monarch matters cards. I'd absolutely squeal if i pulled a show and tell.
>>
How does drafting work? Once the 8 man pod splits up, do you just play 1 game?
>>
>>48999435
Once you split up, you typically play 3 rounds. The 3-0 "wins" the draft and gets the most prizes, then 2-1 finishes generally get a prize too.
>>
>>48999542
It's Conspiracy.
>>
>>48997827
The hand size is bad but there's nothing wrong with the exile mechanic

Fill your deck with 0 cost artifact creatures and 1 cost cantrips/trinkets.

Then if you only ever exile cantrips and 0 costs for lands you've got your normal deck with added utility cards. If it didn't affect the starting hand this card would be everywhere in constructed (were it legal)
>>
>>48998971

>buying a draft-centric set and just open it
>not waiting for Kaladesh
>>
can anyone tell me what the actual point of this deck is? It's not standard legal, so you play it for this event then it's done, right? It feels like more of a waste of money than most of mtg already is.

I could be wrong on that, anyone care to educate me?
>>
>>49000363
Its also commander, cube, eternal formats and some reprints that are also in modern.
Also draft is one of the best ways to play magic, and this looks like a fun draft environment.
>>
>>48997960
Normal deck:
>36 spells
>24 lands
Sovereign Realm deck:
>59 Spells
>Socereign realm
Seems fine.
>>
>>49000363
>deck
>>
>>49000450
Conspiracies aren't included in the 60.
>>
>>48999043
>at the beginning of the game, exile the top 5(or more depending on balance) cards of your deck face-down
>whenever a source would deal damage to you or cause you to lose life, instead put a card exiled with CARDNAME into your hand, if you can't, you lose the game
>whenever you gain 4 or more life, exile the top card of your library face down
Like this?
>>
>>49001026
That just turns thermo alchemist and burn into a T4 standard kill and probably a T2 modern kill.
>Burn for 1
>Burn for 1
>Burn for 1
>Burn for 1
>I win
>>
>>48997894
You start with 5 cards because you will never topdeck dead lands, your deck is nothing but gas
>>
>all this talk about prizes this, rare picking that, LGSes being dicks yonder
makes me so happy to have a pretty big playgroup outside of any LGSs with whom we can just have a private phantom draft with no strangers, assholes, paying money, nabbing prizes, et cetera. we meet once a week in a student run cafe in university and just play games of EDH, modern, pauper, casual, amongst ourselves and can plan upcoming drafts or other special occasions easily in our Facebook group. now next week I'll be sponsoring a box of CN2 for everyone to enjoy drafting and playing and for me to keep the cards. everyone's happy.
>>
Why is there no dedicated limited threads on /tg/?

Not enough intrest or just oversaturation of mtg threads?
>>
>>49003184
Because limited it exciting with a new set for a month than its boring.
>>
>>49003184
>>49004682
There used to be a cube general though, what happened to it?
>>
>>48998971
I can relate anon. Maybe get two. Or draft with friends?
>>
File: Image-4.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-4.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>48997716

>20 wubrg lands turn 1
>>
>>49001526
Adjust it to; whenever a creature deals combat damage to you put a card exiled by /cardname/ into your hand, if you can't lose the game.
>>
>>49001026

need to be able to exile a card from your hand to play a basic land from outside the game that generates the same color
>>
>>49004930
>inb4 cube
>>
>>48998971
6/10
I understand though. I ordered a box of return to ravnica because I can't wait for Kaladesh. The shame.
>>
I can't seem to find any articles that go over the strengths of each individual card as in best commons etc, is it because its not a major release?
>>
>>49006945
It's a casual set designed for multiplayer, so ratings will be much messier than normal.
>>
File: en_wyTrMFme7J.png (180KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_wyTrMFme7J.png
180KB, 265x370px
>>48998008
>>
>>49007847
Hymn is way, way, way worse than Sovereign's Realm
It's not even close
>>
>>49008918
There was a Hymn player at my table. The card is fucking insane. Certainly not as busted as Realm, but it was very strong.
>>
Question for those who have digested the contents:

I'm getting back into Magic with my brother after over a decade of absence but just at the kitchen table level. Not going to tournaments, etc. I was thinking of getting this set to draft with him. But I dunno if drafting for 2 players will be worth it. Would it?$
>>
>>49010966
No. Go and make some Magic friends to draft with.
>>
>>49010966
2 man pods make for awful drafting.
You know exactly what everyone has, and there aren't enough cards for you to pick colors.

4 man pods are a bare minimum, and even then I wouldn't stray below 6 if I could.
>>
>>48997470
>can't have that outside conspiracy
Just play casual with all cards allowed
>>
>>49011058
I'm wheelchair bound. Both cardshops that I know in the area aren't very comfortable for me space wise (and one has no easy access for my wheelchair anyway, three stairs at the entrance). I play tabletop games at home because of this, hence my question.
>>
>Pull Wild Pair and 2 Juniper Order Rangers

I laughed so fucking hard.
>>
>>48999435
The usual is the pod splits into 2 4-player pods. The first 2 players eliminated from each pod then form a Losers Pod.
The last 2 remaining finish their games, then form a Winners Pod.
The winner of the Winners Pod gets the title Draft Champion.
>>
got these out of the 3 packs i drafted from and the 1 extra i got

>birds of paradise
>juniper order rangers
>kami of the crescent moon
>queen marchesa
>adriana

and then mostly trash commons. i thought i did ok, but then my friend got leovold and recruiter of the guard from the first 2 packs he opened
>>
>>48997451
Drafted with some kids tonight. Pack 1 Pick 1 was the 1WW mythic dude that turns off spells

What actually won me the game was the Green conspiracy, and Dragonlair Spider. The spider was simply unstoppable, especially when the sanctum prelate or whatever hits 3 and turns off all the good removal.

Fun as fuck to be honest.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
121KB, 223x311px
Bring on the brags.

Drafted W/B in an 8 man pod that split into two games. Was immediately left of another W/B who was making some very strange decisions for how good my removal was. Didn't have to play him since he went into the other 4 man game and managed to win on the shoulders of Hundred Handed One and years of politicking experience from EDH.
>>
>>49014866
I won with Hundred Handed. Just noticed I phrased that very poorly.
>>
File: subterraneantremors.png (144KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
subterraneantremors.png
144KB, 223x311px
>>48997451
All the way this.
>>
File: baragon.png (211KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
baragon.png
211KB, 265x370px
How can you say no to this?
>>
Guys, help me out, I don't get multiplayer.

How are you supposed to have fun doing this? In 1v1, you just play optimally to maximize your likelihood of winning, but in a four person free for all, going to the effort of knocking out the weakest player leaves you open to retribution. So let's say you play it safe and send out jab attacks, keeping blockers up to save your ass. Should you avoid knocking out the player who is clearly struggling? Should you spread the damage out while amassing your own board state to win through attrition?

I just don't really get how to have fun.

For the record, I crushed my entire table tonight, but it was mostly because they were bad and not attacking the way they should have been.
>>
>>49014866
We only did one match. I lost, but drafted like a king. Got Marchesa, horn of greed, spirit of the hearth, grenzo, hallowed burial, burgeoning, burning wish, and berserk, but I felt bad the guy next to me passed on the berserk because it wasn't in his color so I actually traded that back to him at the end.
>>
File: hydraomnivore.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
hydraomnivore.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>49015168
Play more effects that fuck everyone equally. Be the Hydra Omnivore.
>>
>>48997960
Deck thinning is a myth
>>
File: 1471834770584.png (120KB, 450x409px) Image search: [Google]
1471834770584.png
120KB, 450x409px
>>48998971

I understand you, anon

I bought four.
>>
>>48997451
P1p1 I took Archdemon because fuck your signaling.

P1p4 was also an archdemon.
>>
>>48997827
It changes your starting hand size, not your maximum.
>>
>>49015168
>autism level spike

For you my friend, you have fun by sticking to 1v1 and letting the rest of us draft the casual multiplayer set.
>>
So were the people at my draft just shit or is Garbage Fire not any good? Because I was able to draft 5 of them and have them deal 8 damage.
>>
Drafted a White / Green deck and got some neat pulls and passes.

>Recruiter of the Guard
>Bird of Paradise
>Burning Wish

Had a lot of white cards, it was a pretty powerful deck but weak to fliers.

I knocked out one player early (4 person free for all) but this one chick became monarch with a u/g deck and got so much card advantage it was impossible to stop her.

Also, Rogue's Passage in this format is insane since there are very few board wipes.
>>
Drafted a very nice U/W deck. Unfortunately, two of the players in my game colluded because the final 2 players in each game went on to a final round for packs. I had fun though, and ended up decking myself out because they just built a wall of creatures and I was the only one willing to attack.
>>
What happens if my opponent and me each control one Exotic Orchad and no other lands?
>>
Who W/B Monarch master race here?

First draft I had 2 kill shots, Keepsake, the 4 drop monarch enchant, the WB monarch knight, the 1/4 3 drop bleeder, 2 peace keepers at 4, and 3 of +1/+1 counter or 1/1 soldier guy with 2 zombie conspiracies on the voter among other shit. I went so wide and people couldn't do shit. Also had Defender of the Gateless.

Draft 2 I was solid 3 color with a splash (WBUr) for Marchesa. Basically ran a few of the same shit, but was much higher on Monarch enablers. The winner was Weight Advantage. Fuck me, that is insane in this format. 1/4 bleeder, 3/5 unblockable, 0/4 Goad, 2/3 flier, 2/5 Gorgon, 1/3 Death Touch, ect. On top of that, I had 2 of the Land cycling that untaps your field and gives them +1/+2. Also had Murder, Regicide, and 2 Jailers with a Zombie Conspiracy.

W/B is amazing.
>>
>>49015859
Neither land can tap for mana until at least one other land which produces mana is played.
>>
>>49015639
Depends on the order, no one should have ever handed you another Garbage Fire after you counted to eight but if that was your last one I can see how it was overlooked.

Red is the worst color by far with a lack of monarch related effects and no fliers.
>>
File: 121441_200w.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
121441_200w.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
>>48997451
This motherfucker. Drafted 2 of them, had one set to a burn spell, the other to the bounce 2 things spell. Play him, bounce himself and one big nasty, repeat. Bounce two big things, burn something. So many options, so good.
>>
>>49015393
I think you're obligated to tweet this at Tabak. Ask him why the archdemon favored you
>>
Tonight I played UW and won in my pod in a very close margin. It was fun to play almost exclusively the town guard sitting behind a wall while everyone beat the shit out of each other.

I genuinely wish I could have played more than a single game with this, and I kinda want to play tomorrow too but I'm broke
>>
>>49015168
>going to the effort of knocking out the weakest player leaves you open to retribution
Only focus down people who are significantly targeting you or who have been universally ignored long enough to stabilize.
>>
I want to go play tomorrow but i have very little idea of what to pick or get, any tips of which cards are absolutely MUST PICK? When drafting i usually just pick the strongest looking card that can work out in a lot of strategies and then stick to the colors along it.

What should i be aiming for?
>>
File: 1457242362654.gif (263KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457242362654.gif
263KB, 848x480px
>>49015364

Well, fuck me.

Two boxes opened:
No fucking IOKs.
But I got two Show and Tell, 1 Sultain Elfman and a Berserk.
>>
File: 1465702527633.png (276KB, 384x350px) Image search: [Google]
1465702527633.png
276KB, 384x350px
>>48997451
>lgs holding friday night CN2 draft
>couldn't go due to being busy with other shit
>friends who went come back telling me it was horrible
>everyone was drafting like normal
>everyone was having a swell time
>suddenly the store owner starts listing off pairings
>everyone is confused because it's a multiplayer format
>sudden realization washes over everyone when they realize the store was holding a swiss tournament
>everything had to stop dead in it's tracks when everyone was trying to explain
>everyone playing had to have a fucking vote to determine if it would be multiplayer or swiss
>multiplayer wins by one vote
>one guy ended up saying "multiplayer is just a variant"
>suddenly it's back to swiss

boy am I glad I missed that shitshow
>>
>>49016333
Sovereign's Realm and Hymn of the Wilds are extremely powerful.
but unless you're *very* careful, they don't work well together
>>
File: 1457240841921.png (304KB, 722x768px) Image search: [Google]
1457240841921.png
304KB, 722x768px
>>49016439

What do I do with all my kewl conspiracy cards once the draft is over, anons?
>>
>>49014866
I got passed a fucking foil Leovold.

To be fair, it was my younger brother who passed it to me, and he knew it was in two of my colors thanks to revealed cards.

Less excusable for my game pod was being allowed to stick him turn 3 and never have him removed, at worst goaded once.

Also Weight Advantage P1P1 is almost as much of a win as Soverign's Realm. 4/4 2 drops, 4/4 vigilance for 4, etc.
>>
File: 1456941012750.png (316KB, 683x623px) Image search: [Google]
1456941012750.png
316KB, 683x623px
>>49016545

Fuck draft!
Go goldminning, nigger.
>>
>>49014866
>no-one got white on their regicides
>didnt see any murders
>Monstrous hundred-handed with ghostly possession
Go ahead try and kill me
>>
File: menger sponge.jpg (167KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
menger sponge.jpg
167KB, 1024x768px
>>49016515
Build a cube.
>>
>>49014866
Lost both my matches, but I got some insane pulls. First draft I opened Berserk and kept that, went BUG but got ganged up on, the conciliation pack I got had a foil Inquisition though. Second draft I went Jund and opened another Inquisition and got closer to winning the game, but I started drawing a lot of mana and I should have killed my opponent earlier.Conciliation pack from that had a Kaya.
>>
Had a guy who got 5 Garbage Fires at 8, 4 of them were from the first pack.
>>
>>49015364
Sauce?
>>
>>49015639
Jack?
>>
>>49017624
>>49015639
Say hello.
>>
>>49004930
Hmm, isn't there a card that is basically "Landfall: Gain two life"
Though, I forget if landfall requires play from hand, and if that card itself didn't just say "enters play"
>>
>>49017884
It's whenever it enters play, but with Fastbond you're playing then from hand anyway, so it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>49017896
Its a theoretical kitchensink with fastbond and sovreign in play.
Sovreign doesn't have a limit to how many you can play from outside the game, other than the implicit normal rule of 1/turn.
Fastbond just says any number/turn.

Thus my question about a card that gains 1+ life/land played.

Effectively making it a turn 1 hilarious mana/life advantage with just those three.
>>
>>49017921
You know, I knew what you were talking about and somehow I still thought something wrong. Yes, that works. You get infinite life and infinite lands.
>>
>>49017921
Ah, Courser of Kruphix was the one I was trying to remember, which is 1/land.

Grazing Gladehart does two on landfall.

Lifegift is a 'may' and works on opponent landfall too..

Scrib Nibblers would make for a hilarious Millstone strat. Though you'd need an extra turn or haste bestowing card.

Zuran orb would also be hilarious life ontop of one o the others coutering fastbond's life loss... or even just sacing every other land for two...
>>
Sovereign's Realm was my p2p1. This thing is absolute bonkers.
My winner's circle game was against 2 people who had Weight Advantage. One was control, the other was aggro. They took themselves out, while I sat back with a hand full of removal and high cost creatures.
>>
>>49015639 >>49017624
Ayyyy...

>100.2b. In limited play (a way of playing in which each player gets the same quantity of unopened Magic product such as booster packs and creates his or her own deck using only this product and basic land cards), each deck must contain at least forty cards. A limited deck may contain as many duplicates of a card as are included with the product.

>A limited deck may contain as many duplicates of a card as are included with the product.
>>
>>49018006
Yes, what's your point?
>>
>>49018018
>A limited deck may contain as many duplicates of a card as are included with the product.
>>
>>49018022
Yes, I know. What's your point?
>>
File: 1466743594730.jpg (148KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
1466743594730.jpg
148KB, 600x582px
>>49018032
I just told you.
>>
>>49018074
He can run all 5, yes. Everyone here already knew that. Do you have a point?
>>
File: dorito.png (739KB, 697x697px) Image search: [Google]
dorito.png
739KB, 697x697px
>>49018077
Not a new one, no.
>>
>>49018083
That's a nice image, you're excused.
>>
One retard at my FLGS decided to draft sovereigns realm, and a mess of conspiracy, but when it came to deck building, he didn't have enough cards for a full deck because he thought the conspiracy shuffle into the deck.

Anyone else got dumb release story's?
>>
What are the draft archetypes? I tried RU yesterday, and it really didn't work out.
>>
>>49010966

Buy regular sets:
>hope for good Kaladesh
>buy Kaladesh
>fun for everyone
>>
>>49010966

You really can't draft anything with just two people.
>>
>>49019251
Winchester draft is okay with a good cube.
>>
>>49018718
Had two guys at my lgs do the same thing. My autism was triggered when the shop said it was ok for him to just slot in 3 lay of the lands he really should just be forced not to play realm but its casual so who cares.

Also had a player stand up and chuck his deck across the store and storm out for being killed first
>>
Yesterdays draft:
>last round
>gets knock-outed at the same combat with one of my oponents.
>we are instructed to roll to determinate who gets 1 point and who gets 2 points.
>i win
>five players are tied on 3rd place, me, that oponent and three random guys.
>store owner randomly selected two of us and gave us booster pack.
>i got one
>opened Berserk
>said nothing and left the shop
>>
>>49019251

Draft as you would for a few people then choose cards to discard from those packs to represent the other players

This is only cost effective in cube for obvious reasons
>>
>>49018718
>dumb release stories
I wasn't in the room for it, but we apparently had a regular walk out and concede in response to a spell getting countered, resulting in the player that countered the spell losing because he was suddenly left off guard without the benefits of any of his triggers going off.

The dude then walked out whining about how awful Conspiracy was while the guy he screwed over was upset because he had his fun ruined by a cry baby.
>>
>>49010966
Best you could manage with 2 players is Sealed.
Each player opens 6 boosters, and everything they open is in their cardpool.

It's not draft, and a lot of the draft-matters cards don't work verbatim,
but if you're playing casual you can house rule most of them to work.
>>
>>49014866
Also drafted W/B. Got my money for the draft back with Recruiter, which I managed to fit into my deck, as well.
We actually played two rounds with our decks.
Won the first one fairly quickly with 3 Wings of the Guard (I had 4 in my deck) and a Noble Banneret naming them.
Lost the second one by decking myself. Turns out you don't want to be the monarch all the time when you've got a Phyrexian Arena in play. It didn't help that all three of my opponents had multiple fucking Orchard Elementals in their decks. Actually kinda hate that card for how much it's dragging games out. At least I went out on my own accord by taking my goddamn crown back for the lethal draw, since I knew I couldn't win anyway, so I died on the throne.
>>
File: godwhy'.jpg (81KB, 1023x681px) Image search: [Google]
godwhy'.jpg
81KB, 1023x681px
Someone started with that Conspiracy that gave everyone 1/1 goblins that can't block and the table decided to gang up on me because during the draft I was able to get an Animus with flying/hexproof. So was dead before I got a turn 4 since I didn't open or draw into my two or three drops. Overall unenjoyable experience, but opened a show and tell so there's that.
>>
Grabbed Weight Advantage second pick, Blue/Red with a bunch of those cheap high toughness creatures and Mnemonic Walls to recur Besmirch.
Smashed in 3 players at our table, then got rolled by the last player that was mostly ignored the whole game.
Grabbed a Show and Tell, so that's not too bad.
>>
>>49023030
>so I died on the throne.
Just like Elvis.
>>
>>49015016

Into my Dragon tribal it goes.
>>
If i were to put conspiracies in a casual deck, could i go as many of one copy as i want? Its not a part of my deck, and therefore it should not count towards the 4 card limit right?
>>
>>49024826
If you put conspiracies into a casual deck, you're an asshole.
>>
>>49023030
I played with a guy who had the extra vote creature and Orchard Elemental both named on the double conspiracy, with at least 2 copies of each.
>>
>>49024826
Conspiracies are illegal outside of draft, this includes casual.
>>
>>49024946
Thats the point, a friend of mine only plays casual, and i want to show him why he should play "real" formats. He plays locuses, fuck him
>>
File: holdtheperimeter[1].jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
holdtheperimeter[1].jpg
50KB, 265x370px
Hold the Perimeter did a whole lot less than I would've liked. One guy sac'd his token on t2 to Altar's Reap and another guy forgot to attack with his token on t2, then never attacked with it again because everyone had 2/2s before t3.

The free 1/2 defender was the best part about it and it was still kinda useless
>>
Won 1 of 2 rounds.

Got passed a Show And Tell from a beginner, didnt say anything, Still feel kinda jewish, but whatever.

Build an Esper Pillowfort Deck with 2x Ghostly Prison and 3x Knights Of The Black Rose.

That 2/3 Crab with monstrous was really underrated, got 5 of them and pretty much wrecked shit with them (especially with the hidden agenda who gives attacking creatures indestructible for w).

Also pulled a foil Serums Visions, feels pretty good.
>>
>>49025222
I had the exact opposite experience. Hold the perimeter was wonderful in a blue/white turtling strategy I had going.
>>
File: 1386190860707.gif (3MB, 378x225px) Image search: [Google]
1386190860707.gif
3MB, 378x225px
>order two boxes
>Says 2-3 business days for shipping
>Shipped yesterday
>Check shipping tracking
>LOL NEXT FRIDAY

Fuck off UPS. Lying fucks.
>>
>unironically caring for this set

Literally filler until kaladesh.
>>
>>49025222
My opponent played it and I'm kinda thankful, because he enabled my game-winning melee alpha stike with that goblin.
>>
>>49025491
It's a fucking blast. You should try it. We're actually considering drafting it again at next FNM.
>>
>>49025491
>unironically caring about Kaladesh
>>
>Came second in first game and first in second game running a Mardu Monarch/Boardwipes deck

Went pretty well considering I hadn't drafted in at least 8 months, and no. Rate my spoils.

Used in the played deck
>Subterranean Tremors
>Hallowed Burial
>Pariah (Foil)
>Phyrexian Arena
>Noble Banneret (This guy combined with Wild Griffin was great)
>Palace Jailer
>Windborne Charge
>Marchesa's Decree x2
>Diabolic Tutor
>Spy Kit
>Knights of the Black Rose

Didn't use in the deck/Got in prizepacks
>Faith's Reward
>Kami of the Crescent Moon
>Wild Pair
>Guardian of the Gateless
>Hollowhenge Spirit
>Merfolk Looter
>Deadly Designs
>Havengul Vampire
>Beast Within (Foil)
>Nessian Asp (Foil)
>Manaplasm
>Animus of Predation
>Fang of the Pack x2
>Coiling Oracle
>Akroan Hoplite
>>
File: 1469386204321.jpg (91KB, 475x483px) Image search: [Google]
1469386204321.jpg
91KB, 475x483px
>>49018718
>Playing in a 5 man group because our draft group was 9 people who showed up
>The other 4 are in a group at the other end of the table
>Our game is durdling along because everyone is playing super defensively (This is about 15-20 minutes in)
>Suddenly an uproar is going on at the other end as a neckbear scoops his board and just leaves without even playing his next games
>Turns out he just got swung for ~30 damage on a Monstrous Domesticated Hydra that got hit with two Coordinated Assaults and a Berserk
>>
File: kazandu.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
kazandu.png
132KB, 223x311px
>>49017884
retreat to kazandu
landfall is just 'enters play' so it works with fetches and shit
>tfw can trigger landfall twice with evolving wilds
>>
>>48997451
Lost in two pods that had a grill that won twice

>Play Boros Melee aggro-midrange in first Pod
>Swing at one person quickly who already had 7 mana by turn 4
>Get attacked and taken out ASAP

>Play Esper Control/Grouphug in second Pod
>Draw going while everyone is fighting for the crown
>Died in second place after everyone else was taken out

Only thing that makes me salty is not having pulled any value after two drafts
>>
>>49029904
Adding to this, someone in the first draft ended up shuffling 2-3 packs into one.

So we were stuck trying to figure out what was in the packs and ended up having 9-10 packs being rotated around
>>
>>49015037
>got the Tremors
>didn't get the sweet as fuck Lizard token

I don't think I saw anyone in my draft pool with that badass, eitther.
>>
>>49030781
Despite all tokens having a common rarity symbol, their frequency is actually tied to the rarity of their associated card(s).
But it's a bit disproportionate, mainly because not all boosters contain a token.
Every emblems has been rarer than the Planeswalkers that produce them.

The 8/8 Lizard token is only produced by a single mythic, so it's probably this frequent is boosters than any given mythic.
>>
>>49030866
Huh. Well, Lizzie is more in the middle of price compared to other tokens right now, so that's alright. Plus this was my first time playing Conspiracy and I fucking loved it, so I'll play more and try for more shots at it.

>or just pay the fucking sixteen cents
>>
File: 1457935000199.jpg (39KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
1457935000199.jpg
39KB, 316x316px
>>49025351
>two boxes

Boy, it sure must suck to be poor.
>>
>>49031026

>I buy cases

Why

Just buy singles at that point.
>>
File: 1458174617261.jpg (59KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
1458174617261.jpg
59KB, 640x440px
>>49031082

Gotta hoard them semen visions and other fatty $$$ cards.
>>
>>49030866
>this frequent is
*less frequent *in
>>
>>49015168
The fun of multiplayer is getting to make those decisions. Every game can play out differently and you get to make choices based on the situation and threat-assessment. You can also have a lot of politics at the table and the fun just comes naturally from the different avenues of play that these things produce. Sometimes it's better just to jab, sometimes it's better to focus down a threat or knock someone weak out, or sometimes you should just lie low. If you focus down the little guy, you can expect retribution, so it might be better to bide your time. In multiplayer, there is no set in stone right way to do things, you have to come up with answers to the situation on the fly.
>>
>>49011427
suffer and make friends
>>
>>49020566
Wait how does that work? If your opponent concedes you automatically win
>>
>>49024970
Nothing is illegal in casual if you houserule enough. It's called casual for a reason.
>>
File: just ban my shit up.png (856KB, 641x1000px) Image search: [Google]
just ban my shit up.png
856KB, 641x1000px
>turn 1 Copperhorn Scout
>turn 2 reveal Natural Unity naming it
>"I'll Twin Bolt that in response"

>a few turns later I'm dead and nobody else has taken damage

That was the most miserable draft experience I've ever had. I didn't even get to play a second game because nobody else was interested. I think I'm done with this set.
>>
>>49031354
Not in a multiplayer format. If one person concedes and there are other people at the table, you're subject to shit. And because the player conceded before the stack was over, all those effects basically fizzled without targets.
>>
Red is such shit in this set

every table's last 3-4 picks were all the red cards that no one wanted to take

the only worthwhile spell is the earthquake and garbage fire
>>
If anyone had ever wondered, it's not quite possible to build a Fiora-only Conspiracy cube. We're short 23 unique commons and 4 unique uncommons, working under the assumption that Hidden Agenda wants the cube to have 4x each common and 2x each uncommon.

However, that would also mean that every single common and uncommon would get drafted out whenever the cube was played, which might lead to play being too repetitive. In order to avoid this, it might be more desirable to have 47 more unique commons and 30 more unique uncommons.

The Conspiracy sets have had the conspiracies and draft-matters cards share the same bonus slot, but--with 25 conspiracies now printed--devoting that slot entirely to conspiracies would mean that, in each draft, only one conspiracy wouldn't be drafted out. I kind of like that. The question is, though, whether the draft-matters cards should be shuffled in with the rest of the normal cards, or if they should take up a second special slot. My gut actually leans towards the former on this one, but I'm not sure. It would definitely lead to a lot more wonkiness, with dozens of opportunities to look at other packs, four Cogwork Librarians dancing around the table, and so on. On the other hand, cards like Garbage Fire and Regicide are some of the most solid Fioran removal we have, so I'm loath to make them inaccessible. Plus, all that spying just feels right.
>>
>>49032672
That menace dog that gets as big as his pick order is really good, if everybody ignores it. One of the guys at the table got three of them at 9. He won his pool.
>>
File: growingstronger.png (106KB, 600x585px) Image search: [Google]
growingstronger.png
106KB, 600x585px
>Get Sovereign's Realm in my draft
>Somebody else plays a Horn of Greed
>mfw
>>
File: 1472006329148.png (17KB, 651x641px) Image search: [Google]
1472006329148.png
17KB, 651x641px
>tfw drafted a Foil Recruiter of the Guard which I later ended up trading in for 80ish dollars
>tfw finally was abill to buy the From the Vault:Lore I had been eyeing for a couple weeks now
>tfw finally got Umeawa's Jittle one of the most broken mtg cards of all time
>>
>>49034711
holy shit I aint the only one that also loves horn of greed
>>
File: Lizard.png (309KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lizard.png
309KB, 375x523px
For those in need of a good token
>>
>>49034603
i was playing W/B and it was passed to me with a value of 13

needless to say i splashed R after that, but only because I also picked an Adriana earlier just because I wanted her for an EDH deck

the one game I got him out was already won unfortunately but the potential was still fantastic
>>
File: 1307225074389.png (183KB, 560x336px) Image search: [Google]
1307225074389.png
183KB, 560x336px
>>49034721
>finally was abill to buy
>abill

I've seen some weird typos before but god DAMN son
>>
>>49031488
I know, I was just trying to stop the guy from doing it.
>>
>>49034711
Well... that's actually a pretty good way to ensure second place,
>>
>>49031831
That was pretty much how my first draft went.

Not much that you could do unfortunately, just hope that the retards who ignored the threat lost.
>>
>>49035312
I saw the dumbest spelling of "accident" earlier today.
Don't remember it exactly, something to the effect of "ascedanit".
>>
>>48997451
>Went to draft Conspiracy 2 on friday at my friendly local game store like WotC kindly adviced in the back of tokens!
>Shit doesn't fire because grognards don't want to play anything that isn't standard-legal.
>Buy 3 boosters, get Phyrexian Arena, Ghostly Prison and the Flash Clone.
>It's something.jpg
>Try again today.
>Nobody wants to draft anything other than EMN-EMN-SOI, nobody has even opened CN2 product other than the store who've already been salvaged out of singles by the EDH crowd.
>Go home and order the cards I want online.

Standard is cancer.
>>
>>49036657
why do they not want to play anything that isn't standard legal? are they just moneydrafters or what?

besides, 3x EMN is way more fun to draft and play than 2-1
>>
>>49036657
More like the guys at your LGS are cancer. We've had a ton of fun and we're gonna draft it again. We've always been more loose with our formats. Modern and current Standard block drafts are the most common occurence, but we like to switch things up and do stuff like Chaos Drafts or Reject Rare Drafts (definitely recommend this one, if you can find a group of 8).
>>
>>49036697
If they were moneydrafters, they're also pretty stupid, because Conspiracy 2 is way more bang for your buck.
>>
>All these people playing with randos in a store instead of their friends at game night, having bad experiences

>For prizes no less

What the actual fuck did you expect? Normal two player games are barely tolerable with your average FNM denizen, why on earth would you play multiplayer with them, where they can *really* show off some major personality flaws?

As for me, bought three boxes, first draft in 12 hrs, looking forward to it.
>>
>>49036747
I'm guessing that most people, not only people on here, don't have 7 friends that also play Magic. That's a pretty big ask. Consider yourself blessed.
>>
>>49036801
He probably has a cube, too.
>>
>>49036697
Worse, they're "spikes".
>>
>>49036846
still trying to figure out their reasoning. If they were just tournament players then they would likely already have all the necessary cards for standard

are they just like too afraid of playing a more "fun" format with conspiracy where the win is harder to get?
>>
>>48997451
I played some sort of Boros thing and got steamrolled due to greed (had to pick Bronze Sable of all things for my Noble Banneret rather than that dog that can flash in), bad draws (no gas in G2), and being put in the same groups with this one lucky bastard for two games. He got a Weight Advantage, a Hymn of the Wilds, those conspiracies that let you draw a card and put counters on things, Deceiver Exarchs, the 1/3 scryers, Jeering Homunculi, and worst of all that 1U 1/3 flyer (that he named with his hidden agendas). I got him killed G1 and lost to him G2. Really fun drafts, though. Very fun political stuff, negotiating for removal or knocking a player out was neat.
>>
>>49036877
Spikes fucking hate multiplayer, because there are things that are entirely out of their control.
>>
>>49036808

Not yet, but once we've finished drafting these (and the 1-2 games left of the Conspiracy 1 boxes) I plan on it.

>>49036801

Maybe you're right... At least where I live it didn't seem too hard though, and it's not a large city.

I met all my nerd friends through each other and "normal" channels like work, but it seems like every fifth white or asian male either plays or did in school.

if you are going to your FLGS for opponents, even if most of them are turds wouldn't you quickly find two or three worth spending time with, and through them meet two or three more, and bam you got a friend group, right?
>>
>>48997960
>Arguing for deck thinning
Jesus christ
>>
>>48997451
>Got a Foil Beserk in my second pack that I later traded for some Mox Opals to finish my Eggs deck

>Drafted a R/B deck, mostly in red, full of Flame Slashes, Fiery Falls, Twinbolts ect.
>Three copies of Crown-Hunter Hireling and Goblin Racketeer, with two copies of Assemble the Rank and Vile and Incendiary Dissent for them
>Two Pyretic Hunters as 6/6's
>Havengrul Vampire
>Rouge's Passage
>Literally just stalled early with burn and threats of killspells, the bashed faces in late game

I fucking love Flame Slash, also Goad effects plus Rouge's Passages is a great way to force people to killspell your opponent's shit.
>>
File: saad caat.jpg (76KB, 600x756px) Image search: [Google]
saad caat.jpg
76KB, 600x756px
Please /tg/, how is my favorite color red doing in this set?
>>
>>49016063
Would that go infinite if you had two of them?
>>
>>49037093
Red will always be worse in a mulitplayer format, so it's definitely one of the weaker colors to be in. That said, it's still fine. This set is way more balanced than any "proper" expansion recently.
>>
>>49037093
>how is my favorite color red doing in this set?
From my experience, pretty fucking decently. Just expect to be playing a slower gameplan than you would expect from red, bring lots of burn.
>>
What are some decks you saw that made you jealous because of how sweet they were?
Like, I saw a dude in the other pool who had Caller of the Untamed impinted with Ballot Broker.
>>
>>49037093
red has no good wincons in this set
>>
>>49037201
wat? It's got a ton. Maybe the red in your packs was just bad.
>>
>>49037201
>What is Havengrul Vampire
>What is a lucky Pyretic Hunter
>What is splashing another colour
>>
>>49037264
Hell, even that 3/3 trample monstrous dude can be pretty decent.
>>
>>49037373
Also Stoneshock Giant that fucks most of their blockers when you activate him
>>
File: GrenzoHavocRaiser[1].jpg (110KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
GrenzoHavocRaiser[1].jpg
110KB, 223x311px
>>49037093
it won the game in my draft with garbage fire, and I liked what I saw in the grenzo I drafted, so... I'm guessing well?
>>
>>49037516
That's... actually a damn good goblin.
Wasted on a non-competative set, but a damn good one.
>>
>>49037757
>wasted

spikefags pls go
>>
>tfw your lgs isn't having a draft until the 12th.
I'm so fucking pumped.
>>
>>49037757
it combos well with melee too. find some way to slip past your opponent's defenses with major buffs and watch them have to slug each other for your amusement.
>>
File: 636069364269663339.jpg (31KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
636069364269663339.jpg
31KB, 265x370px
Honestly kinda disappointed with this card. Would've preferred if it had been a symmetrical effect. And this card also encourages you to lose the crown, which you can only somewhat actively do by taking a swing to the face, which you don't want because the creatures you want to kill with this (but never do) are fuckhuge.
>>
>>49037972
The card isn't that great until you combo it with a Rouge's Passage.
Honestly, Rouge's Passage seems like a card you should pick every time you can in this format so you can snatch crowns and play diplomacy by making other player's attacks unblockable.

Also you're forgetting that he punishes other players running "You become the monarch" cards because you can get the effect when you take the crown back. Also, doesn't his effect trigger when he enters? A 5 mana 4/2 that draws a card end of turn AND makes your opponent sac a creature is pretty good shit.
>>
>>49037972
You know you get a kill when it makes you monarch, right?
>>
>>49038009
Yes. He got me two kills. A 1/1 and a 1/3. Pretty great. Any other time they only attacked with giant fuckoff monsters, because they didn't want their little guys blocked dead and I wasn't gonna take 6+ damage to the face just to lose the crown so could take it back and have another guy sac his 1/2. It's honestly not that good. Might be decent in 1v1 though.
>>
>>49038047
It still thins their board. Honestly you're running black so you should probably have some kill spells anyway.
>>
Honestly, I want to play more RIGHT NOW and I can't and it's a goddamn bummer. The most fun I had with Magic in a long, long time.
>>
>>49037516
What the fuck is goad
>>
>>48997451
Agro is more real than I thought it was

Weight advantage is the nuttiest card in the set, force it every time if you get one.
>>
>>49039852
Reminder text is "Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and a player other than you if able."
Basically you force their creature to attack a player other than you in a multiplayer game and in 1v1 it just attacks you.
>>
>>49037093
You will get hated out of a group so fast

Stick with Blue/Black/White. Regicide alone is by far the best removal in the set.
>>
I have a question about Leovold's Operative.

What it LOOKS like it says is if you have multiples of him you can use them all at once? to say... draft 3 cards and then you still only skip one pack right?
>>
>>49040115
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/conspiracy-take-crown-release-notes-2016-08-22
>>
How long do you think Conspiracy will be played at most stores? I was only able to make a single draft before some life shit happened and won't be able to for a long while.
>>
>>49037125
Copy an instant or sorcery.

Unless your Savant is somehow an instant outside the game, it's not going to be able to be copied by a Savant.
>>
>>49040449
For as long as they have product and you find 7 other guys willing to draft it. This will wildly vary between shops, honestly.
>>
>>49040449
My LGS said they're doing 2 weeks and then if there's interest, they'll do more.
>>
>>49036924

After sleeping on it, I'm more certain.

All you really need is five people, even id the ideal is eight. Almost every RPG and many board games want you to have four friends. If an entire genre of tabletop game can ask it, it isn't really "a big ask," just unusual from your average MTG player's experience.
>>
>>49040719
I drafted 4 player once, it was okay. Everyone knew everyone's picks more or less, and we all talked about what we were playing, it was fun and casual.
>>
Took my pod down easily, apparently if you draft three regicide and make sure they're all five colors along with 5 garbage fires at 11 you're in a really good position.

Stop undervaluing these cards people, they put in serious work.
>>
>>49039885
A guy in my pod was drafting every single illusionary informant, had about 5 of them.
We only found out later that he had weight advantage pick 1. His deck was insanely strong, with deceiver exarchs and other huge-ass blue dudes in it.
>>
>>49041218
I thought I was lucky with just 4 informants in my advantage deck.
>>
>first draft
>announce red early with Garbage Fire at 5
>table passes me another, bringing Garbage Fire x2 at 8
>Decide I'm not a faggot and draft red
>all red, all the time
>whatever wasn't red either became part of Volatile Chimera or was straight-up ignored

>enter match
>playing against a newbie piloting R/G, a guy with U/B, and a Hymn of the Wilds W/B deck

>Hymn of the Wilds goes off, and hard
>His boardstate was better than everyone else's combined
>Form a pact to try and kill him
>Newb gets out a big flying Animus, proceeds to beatstick in with it
>I Besmirch it to swing with it too, plus the 4-drop Grenzo card that damages everyone on a hit
>Forgot that's what it did
>Kill the UB player by accident
>Proceed to get face-rolled by Hymn WB

To be perfectly fair, he deserved that win. If only I'd pulled half the cards I needed earlier (didn't even SEE garbage fire).

>Draft 2
>Take an Animus and a Leovold's Operative early on
>Basically again relying on the drafters to not be chucklefucks and know that I'm at least somewhat in green
>And by somewhat I mean very close to mono
>Went Blue in the third pack to get a couple crabs and that one Arcane guy to round out my curve a bit
>Also pulled a Berserk
>Deck was basically lifegain + bodies
>The top end was all lifegain
>Animus had lifegain
>Animus also had Flying, Trample, and Menace
>This time, it's my mostly-G deck vs two WB players and the other guy was UB

>UB guy bites it pretty quickly, we start pounding through his blockers at some point and even though he's damaged most of us pretty badly we survive
>Engage maximum politics after early aggro vs the first WB player (had a Kaya, melee birds, etc), the other WB player was basically pure lifegain
>The lifegain.WB.dec player had like 60+ life
>And three creatures total
>We hammer in on that life total and I realize >oh, Animus has lifegain

>A few misplays near the end that could have cost me the game but thanks to politics didn't
>walk out with a Daretti
>>
>>48997470
Misthollow Griffin Eternal Scourge.dec
>>
>>49040460
I meant a spell that bounces the both of them, which I realized was dumb since I misinterpreted "bounce" as "flicker." I was thinking having a burn spell exiled as well as a flicker (Ghostly Flicker being the operative one), you could cast the first with the burn spell then the second with the flicker, flicker both and have one copy burn the other flicker, etc. I also realized that it's impossible in this draft environment since there isn't a flicker spell, much less one that gets two creatures..
>>
File: 636074560033345107.png (179KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
636074560033345107.png
179KB, 265x370px
This seems so utterly useless in this format.
>>
>>49042782
You don't play green much, do you?
>>
>>49042782
I'd agree (it wheeled a lot in my pods), but it's hard to say ANY card that costs 0 and doesn't take up a deck slot is entirely useless.

I got a lot of use out of Double Stroke in the first Conspiracy, I'll say that much
>>
>>49042809
Tell me about this amazing green spell that's amazing to copy in this format. The only one I can see is Prey Upon and I still wouldn't waste a draft pick on potentially copying it in a certain situation.
>>
>>49042782
Saw a dude use two of them naming Guttersnipe and running a bunch of fleeting distractions to basically be able to draw 3 cards for U and deal 2 damage to the rest of us (he thought each copy counted as a cast, so I had to call a judge over).
>>
>>49042853
It's not an ideal first pick or anything, I'm not pretending that. But if you're even partially invested in green and it comes by, you are suddenly able to pump out plenty off extra value from pump spells, as well as shit like prey upon. If for whatever reason you've drafted one of these, you suddenly have a number of new tools at your disposal
>>
>>49042782
there's a bunch of cantripping combat tricks

shit is so good
>>
File: Harmless-Offering.jpg (45KB, 350x494px) Image search: [Google]
Harmless-Offering.jpg
45KB, 350x494px
>>49031026
it does. wanna be friends?
>>
>>49037093
Garbage fire is the most playable removal in the set.
That mythic 8/8 boardwipe can usually kill at least one player.
Even some of the other stuff is borderline playable.
>>
>>49044242
>Garbage fire is the most playable removal in the set.
If we're talking spot removal, then that localised Pacifism is way better.
>>
>>49044306
Not drawing hostility is pretty good, but it's not much help against activated abilities or when you're ganging up on someone.
Plus Garbage Fire is a common. You're not likely to get two Spectral Grasps, let alone more.
>>
>>49042782
You know they reprinted Berserk in this set, right?
>>
>>49044016
Nope, poverty is contagious.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (128KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
128KB, 223x311px
>>49041619
>animus
>trample
u cheetin' lil' shit
>>
Had a lot of fun with my draft. Went U/W flyers as I kept getting passed the voting +1/+1 or loot birds and had multiple copies of Kill Shot and other white tricks.

I came second and would have come first but I became the Monarch really early and held on to it for the entire game and eventually decked myself due to the large amount of draw in the deck.

Pulls: Recruiter of the Guard, Phyrexian Arena, Ghostly Prison (2), Serum Visions (2) and I finally got the four Kiln Fiends that have been on my "I'll buy them eventually to make the deck" buylist for like two years now.
>>
>>49034835
That's Zornow art? Can he just do more Godzilla forever?

>but it's no Baragon
>>
File: metroid_other_m.gif (999KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
metroid_other_m.gif
999KB, 300x169px
>tfw have to spend money on food instead of conspiracy
>tfw don't have to money to make conspiracy cube
>Kaladesh will arrive and make everyone forget about conspiracy before long
>>
File: IMG_20160829_010222.jpg (1MB, 4005x2332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160829_010222.jpg
1MB, 4005x2332px
Fuck yeah, that was a helluva way to win two of three rounds
>>
>>49053267
>no weight advantage
>>
>>49053330

One of the other players had weight advantage, TWO hold the perimiters, three Ravenous Leucrocotas and then five hidden agendas naming the Leucrocotas.

Not enough to overcome my ghostly prison, spot removal, and politics.
>>
>>49044242 >>49044306 >>49044457
>forgetting about Berserk
>>
File: IMAG0711.jpg (1MB, 1824x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0711.jpg
1MB, 1824x3264px
>>49016715
>not plating it
>>
>Drafted mostly black splash blue
>One round only. 1st and 2nd of each pod get prizes.
>Platinum Angel + Followed Footsteps in deck, with Phyrexian Arena and Marchesa's Decree and THREE Deadly Designs.
>5 pod
>Game is just everyone taking potshots at each other except me because I was just sitting behind 4 Sinous Vermin each becoming monsterous and a fuck ton of harpies fliers
>Three people just bring each other close to death
>Swing at those three, extend hand to the other durdler

I didnt get to play the Angel/Footsteps combo nor cast any Deadly Designs but oh well.
>>
>>49042853
Berserk
>>
>>49054767
>See, there's a mythic in the set that justifies this!
It's probably just in the set so cube fans can use it.
>>
>>49054812
>It's probably just in the set so cube fans can use it.
Literally why Conspiracy 1 was even a set.
>>
>>49016350
How is that guy in space?

Thought you had to wear space clothes and shit.
>>
>>48997894
>refers to land as mana
>expects to be taken seriously

Anyway, sacrificing two cards in the starting hand for effectively getting exactly as many lands as you want, with no mana screw, mana flood, or color screw is worth considering. Drawing a land you don't need is also a loss of card advantage.
>>
>>49000363
>Standard is the only constructed format
sure thing buddy
>>49010966
No.
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.