[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamefinder General /gfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 33

File: 1472086551813s.jpg (11KB, 250x217px) Image search: [Google]
1472086551813s.jpg
11KB, 250x217px
>GM or Player
>System(s)
>Time availability
>Text or Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
>>
>>48951183
>GM or Player
GM
>System
Pathfinder
>Time availability
5pm EST Sunday; can change to Friday or Saturday
>Text or Voice
Skype Text
>Contact Information
Discord for application
https://discord.gg/r4VUU
>Additional Information
Existing homebrew campaign in homebrew setting needs one-two players. Norse-influenced, very basic and small, newbies welcomed. Level 4. PoW allowed.
>>
What the fuck is going on with gamefinders. I posted in a different one yesterday and now I can't even find it in the archive to copy my post from.
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
No preference
>Time availability
Tuesdays 5p-10p EST
Saturdays all day
>Text or Voice
Either one
>Contact Information
Um, my kik is raisins_and_bran
I don't know what prefered communication methods are here.
>Additional Information
No butt stuff
>>
>>48994495
>>GM or Player
Player
>>System(s)
5E
>>Time availability
11:15pm EST till whenever
>>Text or Voice
Either
>>Contact Information
[email protected]
>>Additional Information
Just be chill and decent people and we will have a lot of fun c:! I Play a Cleric but I'm no healbot.
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
I'll play most anything. I have experience with a variety of games.
>Time availability
Either Saturdays after 5:00 P.M. MST or any time Sunday
>Text or Voice
I'm open to using most communication methods.
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Information
I'm completely new to playing any RPG online, so I'm not familiar with things like Roll20, but I'm sure I can figure it out.
>>
>>48996511
Some idiots don't use the established format, or forget the title.
>>
Reposting listings on the off chance someone's intrested.

Anon #1
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
I'm pretty flexible, and willing to look at and probably anything really. I have experience with Shadowrun 5th Edition, and D&D 4th Edition as well as D&D 5th Edition.
>Time availability
Fridays and Sundays are ideal at all hours EST, and Saturdays can be swung depending on hours. If you want more specifics hit me up and we'll work something out.
>Text or Voice
General preference for voice, willing to give text a shot though. Fine with using Discord, Skype, and I have a bit of experience with roll20 and can learn anything else if that turns you on.
>Contact information
Email is [email protected] and you can use that to hit me up on anything
>Additional Information
I'm not really intrested in ERP. I have a fair bit of experience with GM'ing so if you want a little bit of help with prep work and world building I'm fine with contributing what I can, but I don't want to actually run shit right now.

Anon #2
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
They want to run something space themed if at all possible, but otherwise the same on all counts and the same experience set.
>Time availability
Currently completley free to run at any and all hours
>Text or Voice
Voice only. Same as above, knows Discord, Skype, and roll20 but is willing to learn
>Contact Information
Skype at rikkaarashi or just bug Anon #1 about it and I'll hook you up
>Additional Information
They kind of have their heart set on playing a psychic character, if the setting doesn't have that then they said that it has to be a high-tech setting of some sort. They would prefer something with both but either is fine. Generally prefers that the setting isn't completley insane whatever that means.

Also, try to be clear about why you're trying to contact. If you're afraid you're reaching the wrong person for whatever reason just mention something about bananas.
>>
>GM or Player
GM (player here posting in his stead)
>System(s)
a homebrew. 2d10 under, pointbuy, not too complicated. Mainly aimed at making fatigue a factor in fights and wounds matter.
>Time availability
GMT 18:00, day varies mostly
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
We'd be playing youths in a Renaissance coastal city, as part of a upperclass city gang. Think Montagues and Capulets.We'll be getting up to no good, pissing off rival gangs and wooing fair maidens all under the shadow of an impending war. The group of players consists of a well-established trio, a relatively newer member and we're looking for one or two more players
>>
>>48997596
>>48998267
do players get many responses? or is it more the GMs that do?
>>
>>48999499
As a GM looking for a player that doesn't want a flood of friend requests pls post I'm desperate for solid enthusiastic players.
>>
>>48996611
Word of advice. It's a GM's market.

You're better hitting up GMs than putting up player lfgs off the bat, putting 'no preference' for system means that no GM in a million years is going to contact you.
>>
>>48999511
As a GM that has advertised before - you will not get flooded, trust me.
>>
>>48999511
I can absolutely guarantee you won't get flooded with requests. I've had posts up for weeks with not even a single email.
>>
>>48999609
>email
Well there's your problem bucko.
>>
>>48995073
new link
https://discord.gg/XKRtF
>>
>>48999511
What system?
>>
File: TME_characters.jpg (89KB, 496x322px) Image search: [Google]
TME_characters.jpg
89KB, 496x322px
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
The Mutant Epoch
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes
Im trying to get a group together to try out The Mutant Epoch. Obviously i tried GMing myself but it din't go so well. However i have all the books needed and can provide them, and im willing to help anyone learn the system.
>>
>>48994495
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
WH40k RPGs in general. Exalted (2e and 3e). Pathfinder. WHFRPGs .
>Time availability
I'd prefer a European Game. Available most afternoons at GMT +2
>Text or Voice
Both or one.
>Contact Information
Discord
>Additional Information
Heavy accent due to living in Paydebtsland .
>>
File: Techpriest Don't Even Care.jpg (48KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
Techpriest Don't Even Care.jpg
48KB, 720x479px
>>48994495

>GM or Player
Player

>System(s)
Rogue Trader/any of the Warhammer RPGs

>Time Availability
EST Evenings, preferably Sundays.

>Text or Voice
Preferably Voice

>Contact Information
Skype, Andrew Booker, avatar is Ornstein rethinking his life decisions.

>Additional Information
Another guy from a couple threads back and I are trying to get a game running. Neither of us has much experience with any of the d100 systems or FFG RPGs. Other guy's just getting into Warhammer lore, I've been reading up on it for a bit but I'd consider my knowledge decent at best.
Like I said not super experienced with d100 but if we can't find a GM I can at least try to make it work.
>>
>>49002053

Forgot to add if you can't find me on skype you can contact me at [email protected]
>>
>>48994495
>GM or Player
Either
>System(s)
Shadowrun or Stars Without Number for GMing, no preference for playing.
>Time availability
Most evenings GMT
>Text or Voice
Either, preferably voice
>Contact Information
[email protected] or Dax#3552, feel free to add me.
>Additional Information
I'm not very experienced with GMing so be gentle please.
>>
>>49002775
Addendum: particularly interested in a Stars Without Number game, either running or playing.
>>
File: warp bird.gif (2MB, 488x291px) Image search: [Google]
warp bird.gif
2MB, 488x291px
>GM or Player
GM, of preexisting game that's been running for a few sessions but suffered player attrition, looking to refill.

>System(s)
D&D 3.5, you would be joining at level 4 (8000xp)

>Time availability
Saturday 1700 Norwegian time (GMT+2)

>Text or Voice
Text, roll20: https://app.roll20.net/join/1487424/AaEXqQ

>Contact Information
https://app.roll20.net/join/1487424/AaEXqQ
https://discord.gg/TnvEp
"erikmesoy" on Steam
"erikmesoy" on Nightstar IRC (irc.nightstar.net), usually lurking #dnd channel there

>Additional Information
Condensed skill list: http://pastebin.com/tqECmLWf

Setting: Elements of Dominions, Numenera, Exalted, Girl Genius, and so on - it is a few years after the age when the dragons and liches and mad scientists and young gods finished burning each other to death and salting the land and nuking one another's cities and spreading plagues and floods and generally fucking shit up.
You are particularly adventurous survivors from backwoods towns that escaped meteor strikes, now gathered in the aftermath of the God Wars to fight monsters, rebuild civilization, clear wilderness, and pillage ruins for artifacts and knowledge and personal profit.

Caster types: No starting with spells or psionic powers over 1st level. They must be looted or otherwise acquired in play.
>>
>>48999499
No clue, I'm just trying to get in a game and I'm shy, so I don't want to contact people. I want them to contact me.
>>
>>49002858
What bird is this?
>>
>>49003215
It's a baitbird, used to encourage people to give a game pitch a second glance.
Green heron.
>>
File: bump.jpg (55KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
bump.jpg
55KB, 500x355px
>>
File: im confus.jpg (19KB, 346x300px) Image search: [Google]
im confus.jpg
19KB, 346x300px
>>
>>48999231
Ugh. Love the concept but can't do voice. You kill me sir.
>>
File: Dark city alley.jpg (211KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dark city alley.jpg
211KB, 800x450px
>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
Homebrew, based off OSR and Into the Odd specifically
>Time availability
Game time planned to be Sunday afternoons Pacific time.
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
Skype @ RuRuRuRufus - Picture is a mess of cramped apartment windows
>Additional Information
This is a custom game and setting set in a world unlike our own; a city of eternal night set in another dimension. Lost people and souls from many worlds end up here, all guns and cars are made of scrap metal and refuse. The city is dangerous, monsters exist in the endless pine forest outside of its walls as well as within the dark places within, but there is opportunity for wealth and happiness there too.

Create a character- roll your stats and pick either a human or an alien based off your stats. Pick your priorities; do you want to be good at Shooting or Skills? High health or armor? Or do you want to develop your psychic powers? Growth in this game is organic, not based on levels or classes but on actual in game achievements and awards.

Warning this game may be somewhat dangerous and treacherous, but great wealth and opportunity exists for those who dare to venture into the dark places of Garden.
>>
>>49011790
I have to go to work soon but if you don't mind speaking to me later about the game I might want to give it a spin.
>>
>>49012012

Excellent. I saw and added you. We can discuss the game later when you return.
>>
File: 1469391939057.jpg (10KB, 184x165px) Image search: [Google]
1469391939057.jpg
10KB, 184x165px
>>49011790
Do not play with this man, he is a cuck.
>>
>>49012168
>>
boomp
>>
>>49009627
Same here... such a shame.
>>
>>49009627
>>49016539
you'Re pansies and the ones that do the killing. Just eyes closed and follow the call of the Rapier.

>>48999231
we can still use a guy.
>>
>>49011790
Why did you un-add me friendo??
>>
>>49017428

What's your skype name?
>>
>>GM or Player
Player
>>System(s)
Pathfinder
>>Time availability
Wed, Fri, Sat Evenings (Mountain time)
>>Text or Voice
Both are fine
>>Contact Information
@Fenrir#5335 on Discord
>>Additional Information
Looking to playtest one or two homebrew classes/archetypes I need test some, so either a one-shot or campaign would work for me. If you don't mind if things are unbalanced, or over/underpowered I'd be happy to join a group.
>>
we're probably full but still, bumping for you other guys
>>
>>48999499

Players never get responses.

We essentially have the same crowd of perma-players who never get into games here. And a few GMs who never get players, usually because they are running unpopular systems that the perma-players don't wanna play.

>>48999609

>email

Try a less grandpa-tier method of communication. That being said, yeah. As a GM who has posted on here occasionally to fill an empty slot on a game that isn't making, I wanna say I recieve only a few responses.

But then, I imagine that this has to do with the system's popularity. If you're running D&D or pathfinder or even L5R, games fill very quickly.

If you're running something more obscure, you probably won't see but 5 responses in a week.
>>
>>49020389
It does. Both times when I used this to source players for PF and 5e I was spammed with responses, mostly one-liners from people I would pay money to stay away from my games.

When I tried to run Traveller, on the other hand, I got two players over the course of three months. Game's going strong, but it wasn't quick or easy.
>>
>>48999499
Players never get responses, I just do it on principal in the event that anyone does actually want to cherry-pick players or is looking to see where interest might lie.

By the way >>48998267 no responses yet on anything. So yea...
>>
>>49020389
I have done ads from GURPS over 40k games to homebrew games, and I have never had issues with responses. Granted, more with the 40k systems, but even with homebrews I get plenty
>>
>>49020389
I'm running the PF game at the top of this thread, and I had the weirdest type of response. Basically, a bunch of people came in over a week or so, chatted about the setting and pondered their characters, then after an unpredictable length of days, fell silent.
...aren't you meant to actually JOIN the game before you go silent and leave?
They didn't voice any particular concerns, they seemed keen on grounding their characters in the setting...
>>
>>49021289
That's a weird lack of common curtesy I have noticed. Gamefinder players think they are so far removed from the GMs and groups they don't even need to inform them when they have enough. I even had people that quit games they were in the middle of without a word, where we only knew they were gone when they didn't turn up for weeks.

Like, if you have a problem with the group, at least tell us to fuck off so we know where we're at.
>>
>>49021435
That's the biggest thing that posses me off.

I'd be fine if they bothered to tell me they no longer wanted to llay. Hell, I'd be elated if they told me why, even if it's my fault. At least then I could try and change to be a better GM.

But no, they don't. I'm left here wondering if the reason they stopped coming was my fault, a scheduling change, or if they just got nailed by a truck one day.

Hell, I've had a player who flaked out in one game I've run, show up a few months in a different one after I'd given them the benefit of the doubt, only to flake out again!
>>
2/3 players in the gamefinder are that guy.

There's a reason you're not already in a game. Chances are it's you.
>>
>>49021850
>There's a reason you're not already in a game. Chances are it's you.
No shit. People don't normally come into these threads unless something is stopping them from playing, say, face to face.
>>
>>49022082
>People don't normally come into these threads unless something is stopping them from playing, say, face to face.
Like being poor, in the middle of ruralist of rural country land and having no clue how to find good local gaming stores?
>>
>>49022119
Yes.
>>
>>49022082
>>49022119
Myself i'm just fat and don't want to inflict my fat ugly self on other real people.

Let me join your games!
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Experienced in 5E and plenty of homebrews, willing to learn systems
>Time availability
Friday-Sunday just depends on work
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
Looking for either a fantasy game or a heavy scifi game
>>
>>49022082
I know a lot of people who are good roleplayers, who enjoy playing online. In some cases over face to face due to shyness or whatever.

The players in gamefinder are mostly trash though, no offense.
>>
>>49022687
Where do you get your good roleplayers, then?

--And, more to the point, why are you here?
>>
>>49022707
Gamefinder.

You just need to sift through a lot of shit to find the diamonds in the rough.

I'm here to find either games, or possibly players, that catch my eye.
>>
>>49022760
Why are players from gamefinder "mostly trash" -- considering all our That Guy threads and all. Do people mostly do what people complain about in That Guy threads?
>>
>>49022789
The worst part, in my opinion, is the flakes. It's the internet, so It is very low commitment, but people just bail without so much as a word. Very disrespectful to the GM and other players. In one game I recruited 16 people to fill 6 slots over a 2-3 month period. Mind you, the 6 I ended up with are wonderful people who basically always have a slot in my game if they choose to participate.

As for 'That Guyisms', I can't really say as much. Usually just stuff like not bothering to learn the rules, not paying attention and holding up the game, going AFK without letting anyone know, or just blatantly doing other stuff like playing vidya, or even other RPG. Very disrespectful. Oh, and then there's the people who think that their first session with a new group is the perfect time to discuss their sexual fetishes. Unprompted.

As for actually being bad at roleplaying, most people are average. I've yet to find a player who was shitty but actually RP'd well.
>>
File: dead ringworld.jpg (639KB, 2048x1151px) Image search: [Google]
dead ringworld.jpg
639KB, 2048x1151px
>>49022760
This is true. I've actually had quite a good experience with gamefinder threads, but some culling is always required. Cut out the bad players or players that don't mesh well with the rest of the group and you can form a cohesive unit that enjoys the games and gets along well.

Also, to you guys complaining about not getting contacts, you gotta reach out and contact people. It's unfortunately similar to getting a job, or a date--you can't rely on the other party taking initiative or shit will never happen.

>GM or Player
Player. I'm GMing a SWN game and I put a lot of work into it, so I don't have time to be a double GM.

>System(s)
No longer interested in 3.PF, but otherwise SWN, Eclipse Phase, Twilight 2K, and Apocalypse worlds are systems I've played/run off the top of my head, and also enjoy (although T2K's pdf was nightmarish to navigate). I'd like to try out things like Call of Cthulu, Traveller, Degenesis, Godbound, Lady Blackbird, or Human Occupied Landfill. I have a slight but not decisive preference for sci fi or modern.

>Time availability
Most evenings EST except for Tuesday, which is when I run my other game.

>Text or Voice
Text. Sorry, but I can't do voice with my current living situation.

>Contact Information
e-mail: [email protected]

>Additional Information
Won't be able to start till after Sept 5 (after school starts, the job I'm working at over the summer has me on for 60-70 hours a week). Just a week and a half though.
>>
>>49022119
Don't get me wrong, I want to play a tabletop but I'm not driving sixty miles into town once a week to do it. 'Local' is relative.
>>
File: Gokaiger_Poster_28english29.jpg (4MB, 3938x2624px) Image search: [Google]
Gokaiger_Poster_28english29.jpg
4MB, 3938x2624px
>GM or Player

GM

>System(s)

A Sentai Homebrew of Powered by The Apocalypse I'm looking to playtest!

>Time availability

Mondays at 6:00PM Mountain Standard Time starting September 5th.

>Text or Voice

Text on Discord.

>Contact Information

Anyone interested can add me on Discord.
Shirou#5762

>Additional Information

It's a playtest so don't expect mechanics or moves to be set in stone or anything. I'm mostly just checking to see if the current incarnation of the system I've tweeked will work.

The first session will be dedicated to establishing tone, setting, characters and who the PC's will be fighting as well as what their team is like and we might do an "intro episode" but other than that it'll mostly be good old fasioned monster of the week action.
>>
>>49023550
What's the system like?
And is a lot of sentai experience needed?

I'm more of a Kamen Rider fan than a Sentai fan
>>
>>49024676

Kamen Rider is fine. The system is... pretty barebones but a lot of fun when you get the "hang" of it as it were.
>>
>>49022687
I enjoy online over face to face because I'm ornery and I don't like people, not because I'm shy. Don't try and pin online players as all shy.
>>
>Player/GM
Player, but our group has a GM and two players, including myself. We'd need one or two more people

>System
Unknown Armies 2e

>Times
Fairly flexible as of yet, looking like Thursday or Tues evenings but we can work out something different if need be

>Method of Play
It'll be voice on Skype and using rolz for dice.

>Contact Info
Skype: mr.nobody1313 I'm in the USA, should have a rainbow-faced monster-guy for an icon. Just make sure you put that you came from /tg/ in the 'want to add you' intro message, or I won't respond for fear of bots/fakes that I get every time I post my skype in here.

>Additional Info
Basically, the premise is we're all junior mafia member who've left the main family in Italy and moved out to Greece to start fresh after the Ndrangheta conflict. Basically we're the objectors to that family starting to smuggle hard drugs through the smuggling services before used for cigarettes, booze, and the like, we'd be more classy mafia, looking out for the community and pretty straight-laced, maybe even developing into an anti-gang gang, essentially, with a legit business as well for cover.

Thus far we have a whip-smart and social sister who's pretty meh at fighting and athletics, but is a low-grade, unconscious Avatar of the Trickster. My character is her older sister, pretty tough and good at fighting, and basically the reliable big sis sort. She's also an Epideromancer, though she can't use her magic consciously yet.

Magic is allowed, but will be pretty low-level if you start with it, and mostly unconscious until we get a few sessions in. As for the rest, basically just be reliable and not That Guy. Don't flake, and make sure you've got reliable times off and nothing huge or disruptive going on in the immediate future that will prevent you from playing.
>>
>>49028763
AH, right. We're also all in the USA, so make sure you'd be alright with the timezones. We'd probably be playing around 6pm Central time, maybe a bit later. (6pm GMT-6)
>>
>>49023550

I could still use one more player for this!
>>
>>49028763

Sounds interesting.

I haven't done Unknown Armies or any percentile system for that matter before, so I wanted to ask if that's acceptable before throwing anything out there.

I'm in EST so the timezones aren't really a bother for me.
>>
>>48994495
Eternal /tg/ discord link
discord.gg/014SV8uEXpPfyfKEb
>>
File: concern.jpg (42KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
concern.jpg
42KB, 480x433px
Bompy
>found a game
>party is LN, CN, CE and NE
>mfw
>First session
>It didn't crash and burn, what a miracle
>>
>>49030807
Don't go there. Some of them are assholes.
>>
>HOW TO RUN A GOOD TEXT-BASED RPG: COMMON KNOWLEDGE FOR NEW GMS

1. Use roll20 (free) or a similar system that allows for text and map to be visible at once. Visual aids are incredibly useful for text-based games.

2. Use a chat system to keep in contact with players between sessions. Said chat system should allow private messaging, group communication, and preferably conspicious posting of information (such as times, events, etc). I'd recommend Discord (free), though IRC groups are a close second. Skype is acceptable.

3. Make a clear distinction between IC and OOC chat. The cleanest way to do this is to set aside the group chat (Discord, IRC, etc) as OOC; and make the group aware that the game chat window (roll20, maptools, etc) is for IC talk, descriptions of events, and dice rolls.
>>
>HOW TO RUN A GOOD TEXT-BASED RPG: COMMON KNOWLEDGE FOR NEW GMS PART 2

4. Ensure everyone is aware of the time of game. Do not run without the full party. The reason for this is threefold. It ensures that everyone understands that their presence is valued and important, it ensures that when you have frequently unavailable players that the issue will be one the entire group is interested in resolving, and it will avoid the "Scar of Destiny" problem of PCs being simply not around or GM controlled through major roleplaying events.

5. With the above in mind; don't suffer flaky players. It's better to remove a player who has little excuse for their action (or, those who chose to join a game at a time that they were clearly unavailable) than allow their absences to slow or drag a game to a halt.

6. Focus on ensuring combat turns are swift. If the Gm or a player can't be swift because of outside circumstance, insist on a short intermission until the problem is resolved. Utilize the PM systems on your chat (or the mention system on Discord) to ping players if they are distracted when their turn comes around. If players don't respond in a fair time (compare to the time it took half of the group to play through) then delay their action until they arrive. If they continually need to have this happen to them, then consider treating them as you would an absent member of the party.

7. Talk to your players continually. Make sure they are on the same page in terms of tone of the game. Ask them between every session if there was something you could improve on for them. Actively try to work on utilizing their criticism to improve the game.
>>
>>49035780
>COMMON KNOWLEDGE FOR NEW GMS

Always, always, always go with your gut. If you suspect somebody may a cockbag you are probably right, boot him for your sanity.
>>
>>48999231
we're almost certainly full. if another spot gets free, I'm gonna post in another thread
>>
>>49035780
>>49035794
>HOW TO KILL YOUR GAME, INTERLACED WITH USEFUL ADVICE FOR THE EDIFICATION AND FRUSTRATION OF NEW GMS
>>
>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
3.5 / pf
>Time availability
Fri - Sat 9am - 4pm or 5 - 10pm Central time
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
Game is fantasy set in the Faerun map with DnD races, but everything else is different. Players will pick a faction to start out in as a sinister change creeps into the world.

First session will be choosing a faction, adapting characters, and a short intro. I play fast and loose with rules generally as long as things make some sort of sense (in a fantastic world)
>>
Bompy
>>
>GM or Player
GM -or- Player
>System(s)
D&D 5e -or- Open to learn, familiar with 3.5 and 5. Would like to learn Fantasycraft.
>Time availability
Pacific time, weekend evenings.
>Text or Voice
Either, prefer most in-character as text. If I GM will be based on the players' wants.
>Contact Information
gonavy.beatarmy on Skype.
>Additional Information
If I GM'd it would be via MapTools, and would be a monster/treasure hunting type game.
>>
It sucks trying to find a GM who plays during the week.
>>
>>48995073

How lewd is your game, Senpai?
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>Systems
WHF 2nd Edition, Any Warhammer 40k rpg, NWoD, Through the Breach,and Iron kingdoms roleplaying.
>Time Availability
Eastern sea boar time zone on weekends is what I prefer.
>Text or Voice
Either is fine
>Contact Info
rustbossshaman on skype
>Additional Info
I prefer playing on Roll20 if that matters any
>>
File: Drow.jpg (30KB, 399x580px) Image search: [Google]
Drow.jpg
30KB, 399x580px
>GM or Player
Player

>System(s)
D&D 5e, Symbaroum, open to anything

>Time availability
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
Preferably after 8pm Gmt+2

>Text or Voice
Voice

>Contact Information

>Additional Information
I'd be up to just join another group, but I'm looking for a group
where the primary language would be French. I want to improve my
French speaking skills so I thought this would be a good way to
do it. I was thinking I could probably justify it characterwise
by playing a recluse, or some druid that only talks with animals and
therefore doesn't speak the common language very well.
>>
>>49035794
>Ensure everyone is aware of the time of game. Do not run without the full party
How to kill an online game in one easy step!
>>
>>49040026

No gaming is better than bad gaming.

If people can't make the damn game, they should be booted, or a make-up session should be scheduled another time during the week.

Nothing kills story and engagement harder than progressing the plot while someone's not present, or entering a situation where someone had a significant planned story segment, but are not in attendance.

Nobody actually wants to play in a bullshit "West Marches" type game where nobody matters and you're just assholes drifting in and out to kill shit with no story whatsoever.
>>
>>49040837
You've never played a game online, have you?

No one is going to show up at another time.
>>
>>49036807
>>49040026
You're better off fast-cycling through problem players until you have a good group, than trying to run a game without a cohesive one.

The guide is for "how to run a good" rpg, not how to run whatever you can scrounge because you're desperate.

But by all means, if you can stand to do it your way, do so; just means you'll absorb the toxic players from the available player pool and make life easier on the rest.
>>
>>49038919
full sorry.
>>
>>49040892

I've run several very successful campaigns over the years, actually. And I've played in quite a few, too.

It comes down to fostering a good group dynamic where people don't mind coming in to shoot the shit online every now and again to make scheduling decisions.

It is definitely a best practice to use ice-breaking and engagement-building activities to increase player engagement and to help people build a rapport.

Really, GMing a game, online or offline, is a lot like my line of work(teaching). Much of the hard work that people neglect doesn't involve the actual job description: It's fostering an atmosphere of collaboration and fellowship, and setting expectations.
>>
>>49040937
>You're better off fast-cycling through problem players until you have a good group, than trying to run a game without a cohesive one.
No shit.

So why are you advocating "trying to run a game without a cohesive one"?
>>
>>49040892
I've rescheduled plenty of games with people. Sometimes, you have to cut people who won't make it, and that's unfortunate, but it leads to a stronger group for those who remain.
>>
>>49040837
>Nobody actually wants to play in a bullshit "West Marches" type game where nobody matters and you're just assholes drifting in and out to kill shit with no story whatsoever.

Were I a player, I'd actually absolutely prefer that compared to "Sorry guys, guess we're gunna have to cancel the session for the third time because another random asshole couldn't be arsed to show up."

It's the GMs responsibility to ensure the game actually happens, and the show must go on. Trying to shift responsibility for the game actually occurring is just setting a dozen other variables up that will lead to your game stalling and dying.
>>
>>49041047
Because you can't always tell if a group will be cohesive and fitting until a bit of trial and error and actually playing with the group.
>>
>>49041066
Anon, the original post isn't about cutting out shitty players, it's about making room for them.
>>
>>49041073
You're misreading it.
>5. With the above in mind; don't suffer flaky players. It's better to remove a player who has little excuse for their action (or, those who chose to join a game at a time that they were clearly unavailable) than allow their absences to slow or drag a game to a halt.
>>
>>49041049

>the third time, presumably in a row.

At that point, you really need to sit your group down and talk about the direction of the campaign.

Really, you can more often than not salvage a session, as long as a player has the courtesy to give you notification of their impending absence.

But if you've got chronic, repeated unnanounced absences, you've got larger problems than just running a game: Either your scheduled time is fucked, or your players don't care about the group.
>>
>>49041087
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

I still think it's better to just run with one less player. It's not a big deal.
>>
>>49041049
That's good for rolling dice over a beer and pretzels dungeon crawl (almost; it's still a pain for a GM to work with), but as you start working in characters in meaningful ways to the narrative, it simply isn't conducive to good play to have players absent.
>>
>>49041049

>Random Asshole

Why are you playing with random assholes?

A group should have more accountability and buy-in than "Random Assholes". You guys need to be operating as a cohesive unit.
>>
>>49041113
>Why are you playing with random assholes?
Where the fuck do you think we are?
>>
>>49041099
Absolutely is, if your group can run with that.
>>
>>49041125

Look, like I said before:

Being a GM is like being a teacher.

Your job is to turn these random collected assholes into groupmates who work together to accomplish a common, desired goal.

You need to create buy-in. And that means that as GM, you need to be the first and foremost to buy into the idea of being a cohesive group.
>>
>>49041142
The only kind of game I can think of that couldn't is a really combat-heavy D&D style dungeon crawler (which can be decently manipulated) or the bad kind of story-based game, which mistakes giving players roles for players having roles.
>>49041149
Great. That takes a shitload of time. We're talking the very beginning. I don't think anyone needs advice for how to deal with people you regularly game with.
>>
>>49041142
>>49041113
Just because a random asshole joins does not mean he is entitled to stick around. Better to get rid of players who aren't actually interested than to keep a random asshole who can't be changed into a productive player.

You need to foster a group mentality that the game is worth playing, and worth showing up for.

If you can't do that, your game will simply be treated as a nothing, because you've allowed that.

Note that this is not a GM only thing. This can be done from a player position as well, and should.
>>
>>49041108

It isn't conducive to good play to have no fucking game, either.

>>49041092
>or your players don't care about the group

Ding ding ding. Which is why you run the game anyway as a courtesy to the people who actually fucking showed up, and kick the flakers.

Nobody wants to keep their weekends open for a beta GM who is going to let random bullshit cancel the session. Other people's time is valuable too.
>>
>>49041168
>You need to foster a group mentality that the game is worth playing, and worth showing up for.
>If you can't do that, your game will simply be treated as a nothing, because you've allowed that.
This is some platitudinal bullshit. People care less about your games than you think they do.
>>49041181
Exactly. People are going to get fed up. Thing is, if some guy cancels a session on me, I just won't show up next time. They're not reliable.
>>
>>49041164

I find that simply forcing everyone to show up together for a session 0 to generate characters and establish the general tone of the setting is a great way of weeding out the flakes.

Flakes fucking HATE having to attend a session in which they're required to contribute to the success of the game without recieving immediate gratification(in this case: play).

>>49041204

>People care less about your games than you think they do.

So make them care about you. Or the other players. Make them show up for what they DO care about.
>>
>>49041181
The moment you rid yourself of a bad game, you can immediately start looking for a new one.
If you linger in a bad game, you're eating up your time constantly for... a bad game.

>>49041204
What I'm hearing is "In my experience, people have not cared about my games", and then you generalizing that to "people don't care about games".

My players care about my games, and they show this by actively and consistently messaging me about this throughout the week. I have hundreds of lines of text and thousands of words exchanged on the subject per week. I have been asked verbally to run a second game for two of my players, individually, just so they can continue to play with me GMing.

You should take a good hard look at if your games are actually the ones lacking before you claim to know the people that play in mine.
>>
>>49041252
>Flakes fucking HATE having to attend a session in which they're required to contribute to the success of the game without recieving immediate gratification(in this case: play).

This. In any game that isn't a dungeon crawl, this is a HIGHLY recommended method of weeding out flaky players.
>>
File: iceland_by_jjpeabody-d79eaiq.jpg (78KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
iceland_by_jjpeabody-d79eaiq.jpg
78KB, 1024x683px
I've been toying around with the idea of running a low-player (1-3) game. Something bleak, desolate, and lonely.
I want to inspire it by the aesthetic and feel of Dark Souls.
Would there be any interest?
>>
>>49041252
>So make them care about you. Or the other players. Make them show up for what they DO care about.
Bitch, do you know what players care about?

Playing.

They show up...to play. They will not care if they do not get to play.

>>49041258
>What I'm hearing is "In my experience, people have not cared about my games", and then you generalizing that to "people don't care about games".
Nice projecting, faggot, which is ironic, 'cause you're projecting about projecting.

People don't not-care about your game because you've "allowed" them to do shit. Likewise, they don't care about the game because you've pulled off some special values combo. They like games so they play games -- it's not complicated. You sound like a bad teacher, which fits, I suppose.
>>
>>49041258

This a million times.

The people in my group -enjoy- being around each other. And we like discussing the direction of the game, or other things we're interested in.

GMs: Learn to be better hosts and entertainers!

I know it's very hard, but at the end of the day, your job is to be the big dog facilitator, and you should do what you can to show your players a good time.

Hell, I make it a point to involve players who are going to be important in upcoming sessions by straight-up telling them that it's the case, so that they'll have that extra little social pressure to attend, or to at least tell me if they're not going to be able to attend ahead of time, and that works wonders.

And even when I -do- cancel sessions, we generally still roleplay. That's the perfect time to go back and cover things that have happened in character's pasts, or to maybe dial things back a day or two in order to maybe roleplay an evening at a tavern or something.
>>
>>49041300
Of course, but we need more information. I can say "yeah, I'm super interested", but that's not going to be a lot of help to you if you're running when I'm asleep.
>>
>>49041305
>projecting about the projecting of projecting
>>
>>49041305

>Bitch, do you know what players care about?

>Playing.

>They show up...to play. They will not care if they do not get to play.

You must have really shitty friends.
>>
>>49041345
This is, I think, the root of this argument/

We're not talking about friends. We're not talking about people who have ever met each other before. We're talking about "random arseholes" from /tg/.
>>
>>49041300

I'm very choosy about the kinds of games I get into.

I'd have to know more than just "Dark Souls". Give me a proper pitch with a complete premise, and then we'll talk.
>>
>>49041360
>I'm very choosy
>give me a proper pitch
>then we'll talk
Jesus.
>>
>>49041330
>greentexting about the projecting about the projecting of projecting
>>
>>49041393
>implying I'm greentexting
>>
File: alice exasperation_1.jpg (82KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
alice exasperation_1.jpg
82KB, 300x300px
>>49041345

>It's a "I'm going to walk into a gamefinder thread on /tg/ and pretend that we're talking about groups formed from childhood best friends" episode
>>
>>49041404
>implying I'm projecting that you are greentexting about the greentexting of projecting what someone implies to be projecting
>>
>>49041305
Except one of my players has not enjoyed RPGs before this one, and has flaked out of the last two they were involved in incredibly early. Now they're looking for a second game from me just to play more, or two a week sessions.

The fact of the matter is I *did* hit some "special value combo".

Also, claiming I'm projecting after projecting, to hide your original projecting... that's next level. You should do holographic displays.
>>
>>49041419
No, you just ran a better game. You did whatever they wanted done.

It's not because you've forced them to see worth in your game. It's because your game just is worth more to them.
>>
>>49041417
>implying implications
>>
Why is it that these threads devolve into autistic shitflinging? Without fail. Every time.
>>
>>49041417
>implying I'm implying that you're projecting that I'm greentexting about the greentexting of projecting what someone implies to be projecting
>>
>>49041409

If you're going to be playing an average of 4 hours a week with these people for a year, you'd better damn well befriend them.

It has nothing to do about being childhood best friends or whatever meme you're pulling out.

It's gotta do about having fun together, and working to accomplish this as a group.

What the fuck do you even -think- a friend is?
>>
>>49041453
You know sexual frustration? fa/tg/uys get that, but with nogames.
>>
>>49041325
See, this guy gets it.
>And even when I -do- cancel sessions, we generally still roleplay. That's the perfect time to go back and cover things that have happened in character's pasts, or to maybe dial things back a day or two in order to maybe roleplay an evening at a tavern or something.

Even playing side games; paranoia, Everyone is John, fucking video games does wonders for the group dynamic.
>>
>>49041460
Yeah.

Befriend them. As in, become friends with them.

You don't start off friends with them. But you do start off playing with them.

You really don't seem to be getting this point. It doesn't matter whether you should be fucking in a five-way marriage, you start off as random arseholes, and random arseholes don't care or know enough about each other to bother giving them the benefit of the doubt, which you want them to give.
>>49041475
This isn't what I would generally consider a "cancelled session". That means "we all fuck off" to me.
>>
>>49041453

There's a lot of bitter people who can't find games because of their own shortcomings, but they're unwilling to look inward at themselves, because it's painful to recognize your own failures, and it's even more painful to try and fix them.

I mean, you do notice that we usually see the same crowd of ads every thread, right? Those of us who follow up and join talks to see who's involved in running and playing in games generally recognize a few familiar usernames. The conclusion that one naturally comes to is that there's a lot of chronically gameless folks here.

>>49041513

If you're the facilitator, you've gotta be the first one on board, or nobody's coming on board. Even if they're cautious about befriending others, as GM, you cannot allow yourself to be cautious. It's up to you to set the tone.
>>
>>49041440
What a lovely statement you can make with no knowledge about the player, the game, etc.

It's great that you'll keep your preconceptions and see things through rose-tinted glasses, acting as though you know better in regards to scenarios you have no information about, solely to keep alive your worldview that you entered the conversation with.

I've run for this player, and they've flaked. Same quality, same style.
I've played with this player, and they've flaked.

They're interested in this game because I *made sure to get them invested and have them buy in* from day 1, as opposed to assuming that they'd just grok what they had to do.

The methods used for that match up nearly 1:1 with the above list.
>>
>>49041565
>There's a lot of bitter people who can't find games because of their own shortcomings, but they're unwilling to look inward at themselves, because it's painful to recognize your own failures, and it's even more painful to try and fix them.
Now THIS is what we call projecting.

I think we've already been over why people keep posting in these threads, too.

>If you're the facilitator, you've gotta be the first one on board, or nobody's coming on board. Even if they're cautious about befriending others, as GM, you cannot allow yourself to be cautious. It's up to you to set the tone.
Yeah. You're the GM. That's practically part of your job. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about whether up and cancelling a session because one guy flaked is a good method of achieving this or not.

>>49041568
You seem to love reducing people down to some simple, easily manipulated creature. But they're not. There's a huge number of factors that go into whether people flake or not, and besides "not feeling up to it", the biggest one is the game itself (itself including a fucktonne of factors). I guarantee you no-one changed their actions because you decided to take your ball home and not to run your game.
>>
>>49041662

Sometimes session cancellations are unavoidable, man. This is why you have backup plans to keep people entertained, in case the worst occurs.

Really, what we keep coming back to again and again is that you're an asshole who's going to REEEEEE the second that things need to be put on hold.
>>
File: blue-dice-700x700.jpg (117KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
blue-dice-700x700.jpg
117KB, 700x465px
>>49041470
Hah, yeah. Gamers get bluediced.
>>
>>49041715
>Sometimes session cancellations are unavoidable, man
We're not talking about those. We're talking about the ones which are totally avoidable, but which you want to throw yourself into.
>Really, what we keep coming back to again and again is that you're an asshole who's going to REEEEEE the second that things need to be put on hold.
Exactly. I'm a random arsehole. The second some faggot wants to "reschedule" his game, I'm out of there. He's obviously unreliable, he's obviously liable to do the same thing again, I've got better things to do with my time, and like they say -- no game is better than bad game.

Why should I act any differently?

I'm not alone in how I'd act, either. Everyone else I have ever played with has acted the exact same way. Although, I admit I've only been the player.
>>
>>49041662
It's cute that you think working with a group and getting people on the same page is so hard.

I'm sure you'll accuse me of projecting since that's such a wonderful, always effective dodge of criticism for this, but I'm going to say it anyways:
You're never going to improve your RPG experience if you don't put some ranks into social skills and actually understand how to lead people. The fact that you hide behind the complexity of other people is indicative of a worldview in which tens of thousands of social jobs simply are meaningless because it's "too complex", or indicative of you just making shit up to rationalize your inadequacy.
It's not complex to lead people, and it's no more complex than any other skillset to do the simplest framing and have people buy into the game.
These are life skills that you should probably learn.
>>
>>49041755

This is why we ask screening questions and have a session 0.

To keep you from getting into our games in the first place.

I suspect that your lack of buy-in is the reason that you keep having unsuccessful games:

You aren't doing your part as a participant to keep things running.

You're a consumer, a user.

You're the reason why people here look down on perma-players.
>>
>>49041755
Is it possible that you may be a tiny bit unreasonable?
>>
>>49041803
>It's cute
There's no reason to be so mad, anon.

The rest of your post is copypasta gold. You're not a leader, anon, you're a teacher, or some other bullshit.
>>49041831
>I suspect that your lack of buy-in is the reason that you keep having unsuccessful games:
No shit. Why would I have buy-in, if not even the GM cares about his players?

But I though this was the GM's job, anyway. It is, right? "you have to get the ball rolling", or something?
>>
File: 1471920155939.png (133KB, 873x623px) Image search: [Google]
1471920155939.png
133KB, 873x623px
>>49041901
>>
>>49041901

I will admit that sociopaths like you are a really hard to screen element that will absolutely be a detriment to games, yes.

But that doesn't really speak so much against your GM, as much as it does towards your sociopathy.
>>
>>49041928
>sociopaths like you
Is it possible that you may be a tiny bit mad?

Honestly, with your apparent lack of experience with online games, I'm wondering whether or not you ever actually get to play.
>>
>>49041967
>>49041928
Could you please stop.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion on how games should be run and screened, but you can go and make a different thread for actually arguing about this.
This thread is for trying to find games however they may be run.
>>
>>49042028
No one actually tries to play games here, anon.
>>
>>49041967

>apparent lack of experience with online games

Please. I've run two extremely successful online campaigns that lasted 1-2 years in length, and I've played in 3 very successful games that lasted around the same length.

And those are only long campaigns with deeply involved storylines and a full ending that I'm mentioning as an example.

I am primarily an online GM and player.
>>
>>49042041
i am
;_;
>>
>>49042047
And you've got over three hundred confirmed kills, too?

I'm very unsure about your "deeply involved storylines", too. You artificially force people into being important in the story -- it's obvious you're the one driving it, not the players. But I'm sure you're really fun to play with.
>>49042076
>playing games
>on /tg/
You've only got yourself to blame.
>>
>>49042076

If you're having trouble finding something to play, try running something! It's challenging, but it's very rewarding.

>>49042097

My players keep coming back for more, so I must be doing something correct. Meanwhile, you haven't even been in a successful game ever. Do you even like this hobby, or are you just some questfag who's here to shit up this thread because of "muh quest/gamefinder war"
>>
>>49042135
>My players keep coming back for more
People keep coming back to McDonalds for more.

>Meanwhile, you haven't even been in a successful game ever
Why do you think that?

I haven't been in any successful game that cancelled on their first session, sure.
>>
>>49042150
>on their first session
You didn't mention that bit before.
>>
>>49042135
>If you're having trouble finding something to play, try running something! It's challenging, but it's very rewarding.
We've been over this with different people more than a few times.
While i do have some great ideas for elements of a setting or a campaign, i don't feel like i'd actually be good at running a game, not to mention i would most likely not enjoy it at all.

>>49042097
The point is, gamefinder threads could have a better reputation if it wasn't for the uncivilized fighting going on a lot of the time.

That and even like this i found some pretty good games with great players here.
It just never worked out for a colorful large variety of reasons.
>>
>>49042150

Who the fuck cancels session 1?

That's literally the session you can't fuck up, because nobody's important to the story yet.
>>
>>49042191
It was the main point from the beginning.
>>49042209
>Who the fuck cancels session 1?
That's my point, faggot.
>>49042193
Everyone starts somewhere. But, no sense doing something you wouldn't enjoy.
>>
>>48994495

>GM or Player
GM

>System(s)
Promethean: The Created; 2nd Edition

>Time Availability
Tuesday, starting 8-11 am PST

>Text or Voice
Voice

>Contact Information
flash.gitz.waagh on Skype

>Additional Information
Setting up a 2-3 session arc on Roll20. Looking for one more player to round out a four-person branded throng.
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
D/D 5e
>Time availability
All week, EST anytime after 7pm.
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact Information
Discord: Exedeath#1795
>Additional Information
Only ever played casually, also only ever used Roll20
>>
File: 100 dead hitlers.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
100 dead hitlers.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>49035794
>>49035780
This is pretty good advice.
>>
File: elves.jpg (198KB, 1071x419px) Image search: [Google]
elves.jpg
198KB, 1071x419px
>all these fucking dnd fags
c'mon, where's the good tabletop gamers at
>>
File: 1471391805316.jpg (96KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471391805316.jpg
96KB, 600x600px
>>49042596
I wish I was joking.
>>
>>49042596
D&D sucks, 40k sucks, MtG sucks, but they're popular, and popularity means you'll always have people to play with.

So the cycle continues.
>>
>all of my games die
>not sure really what to do
>turns to gamefinder
>gamefinder is tearing itself apart
Oh...okay
>>
>>49044104
Welcome to gamefinder!
>>
>>49044104
Welcome to gamefinder, where the stories are made up and players don't matter.
>>
>>49044682
>>49044715
Fuck you.
>>49044104
Fuck you especially.

Now post games.
>>
>>49041300
I would be intrested, would you be able to run it on Fridays or Sundays during EST or during the evenings on EST? That's GMT-4 right now, in case you need conversions.
>>
>GM or Player
GM

>System(s)
Interlock Unlimited

>Time availability
Anytime after 6pm EST

>Text or Voice
Either works, I leave it up to a vote.

>Contact Information
My skype is ranger_tycho

>Additional Information
The game will be a cthulhu mythos investigation based game set in 1983.
>>
>>49041326
>>49044765
EST evenings and weekends is what I can do.
I am mostly just looking at how much interest that tiny bit of I put in can garner before I go ahead and craft the campaign.

I am not sure what system to use, but I have experience in a bunch of them. If you have any preference, feel free to let me know.
>>
>>49044830
Well, I definitely can't do EST evenings, but I can do EST weekends so long as it's earlier.

Depending on what you mean by souls-like, you might want to go Song of Swords or Burning Wheel.
>>
>>49044830
>>49044850
So would you both be available for a Sunday game? I'm personally free at all hours for that?

Mr. PotentialGMMan, would this be text or voice and over what?

System is rather irrelevant to me as I only know the common stuff and would have to learn regardless. So long as it's not completley broken I'm fine.
>>
>>49044931
>>49044850 here -- I would, and at all hours (which means starting from 3 AM to 2PM EST, although playing at 3 in the morning seems a bit much).
>>
>>49044931
It would be voice chat. Not a fan text games. Personal preference and all. I will need to see what my schedule is like for the next little while before I can commit to a time slot, but Sunday morning should work in theory.
>>
File: 1462722565674.png (168KB, 748x484px) Image search: [Google]
1462722565674.png
168KB, 748x484px
>>49035780
>3. Make a clear distinction between IC and OOC chat. The cleanest way to do this is to set aside the group chat (Discord, IRC, etc) as OOC; and make the group aware that the game chat window (roll20, maptools, etc) is for IC talk, descriptions of events, and dice rolls.

No, use a fucking voice call for OOC so that you can sift out the autists from your game, get some actual social interactions (this is fun you fucking sperg.) This games the game go about ten times as fast.

>6. Focus on ensuring combat turns are swift. If the Gm or a player can't be swift because of outside circumstance, insist on a short intermission until the problem is resolved. Utilize the PM systems on your chat (or the mention system on Discord) to ping players if they are distracted when their turn comes around. If players don't respond in a fair time (compare to the time it took half of the group to play through) then delay their action until they arrive. If they continually need to have this happen to them, then consider treating them as you would an absent member of the party.

This should never happen, kick players who are this bad.
>>
>>49044988
>>49045055
Mornings are painful for me, but there's no direct conflict and I would be perfectly fine with doing something then for the sake of a game.

Voice is ideal, so that's cool.

Mr. GM, if you drop some sort of a contact I'll poke you and you can ask for an RSVP whenever you get your shit all set up. I'm assuming the same would go for the other guy.
>>
>>49045515

I want voicefags to leave.

"Roleplaying is for autists, at this table, we're alphas, so we just roll dice and kill monsters. Playing pretend is gay."

This is you.
>>
>>49045574
>not liking voice
It's like you don't like the core of the TTRPG. Being at the fucking table.

Fuck, I would just make games at my FLGS. But the only games store close to me is a fucking GW. So unless I want to play 40k, I'm fucked.
>>
>>49045574
>
"Roleplaying is for autists, at this table, we're alphas, so we just roll dice and kill monsters. Playing pretend is gay."

Are you saying you don't squat at least two plates?

>>>/adv/
>>
File: 1459738025428.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459738025428.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>49045574
What the fuck does having a voice call for OOC have to do with the quality of RP?
>>
File: 1459175523867.jpg (39KB, 581x432px) Image search: [Google]
1459175523867.jpg
39KB, 581x432px
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
I know a bit about PF know the "basic" rules for gurps and shadowrun 4e I would really like to play degenesis rebirth
>Time availability
Any time sunday.
>Text or Voice
Either is fine or a mix of it
>Contact Information
@Tsukamoto#4208 on Discord
>Additional Information
I Don't mind playing in games with erp as long its just not 24/7 fucking.
>>
>>49045609
Voicefag here, this guy is just as autistic, being at the table isn't the core of roleplaying by any stretch. I'm literally just suggesting a time saving method that adds accountability and forces the mouthbreathers out of games.
>>
>>49045574
You sound like one of those guys on Sindome that thinks talking about the game OOC ruins it.
>>
>>49045671
>and forces the mouthbreathers out of games.
It forces the shy out of games, not the autistic.

You've really never met the kind of autist who just can't wait to piss his autism all over the world, at the top of his lungs, and never, ever stops?

That said, I admit it can be harder work working with the shy than the determinedly autistic.
>>
File: 1456829664540.png (14KB, 398x241px) Image search: [Google]
1456829664540.png
14KB, 398x241px
>>49045651
Let's list some reasons here.

1. Going AFK during an OOC call without warning will get you immediately caught and shitcanned.

2. OOC banter is less of an interruption if you have players who know how to type and still speak. It's also just more fun, hearing people speak is more engaging than seeing them type.

3. You can easily clarify things about a scene by just asking 'Hey, is X a thing?' and specify minor things that're assumed to you but might be lost in translation to others.

4.* You can very easily spot a shithead in voice, who might have been a good social chameleon in text.

*only counts when a group is new.
>>
>>49045769
Just kick those fuckheads out. Even the shy can easily be coerced out of their shyness by just being cool. If they can't, I'm not going to get to know them anyway, not worth it.
>>
>>49045783
>2. OOC banter is less of an interruption if you have players who know how to type and still speak. It's also just more fun, hearing people speak is more engaging than seeing them type.
What, do you want people to type their actions while still...speaking for OOC?

Why?
>>49045804
But that's the point. You're not getting rid of mouthbreathers. You still need to manually kick them out.
>>
>GM or Player
Player, but I'd absolutely love to try being a GM once I've got a handle on the rules.
>System(s)
Just 5e for right now (I'm fairly new and don't wanna overwhelm myself)
>Time availability
Very flexible (I'm a lyft driver so I choose my schedule)
>Text or Voice
Prefer voice, but text is doable
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
Fairly new to roleplaying but absoultely in love with it. Currently doing Adventurers Guild every Wednesday night, but one day a week isn't enough, particularly when I'm not playing video games right now. I have been told I've got a good sense of humour and love coming up with creative solutions to the problems presented. Just hit me up, I'd love to play or even hear advice for new players!
>>
>>49045832
>What, do you want people to type their actions while still...speaking for OOC?
>Why?

Because it's the best of both worlds famalam, you get the banter and social connection of voice. But the more versatile characters and immersive writing of text.
>>
>>48994495
>GM or Player
Both
>System(s)
Fantasy Adventure To Adult Lechery, Via The New Legends, Racial Holy War, Spawn of Fashan, World of Synnibar, SenZar, (you know, systems as good as D&D)
>Time availability
Roll 1dsqrt(10)+pi on table 3.9.1ab
>Text or Voice
"Pssht, nothing personal, kid."
>Contact Information
edgeville.edgy.edge.ouch.i.got.a.paper.cut.on.my.dick.com/magicrealm
>Additional Information
I hate it when people shill on /tg/.
>>
>>49045960
Will there be ERP in your game?
>>
>>49045936

>It's the slowness of text and the mouthbreathing of voice

No, stop, you fence sitting cucks are the worst.
>>
>>49045960
>SenZar
This, but unironically.
>>
>>49045981
Only if its in RAW and you bring all the food and drive me around, and I get to fart and be disgusting.
>>
>>49045985
If you don't get the best of both worlds, as opposed to the worst of both. Then you're probably awful at this hobby and need to get better.

Sorry Anon, someone had to say it.
>>
>>49046012

>Someone had to pretend that they're immune to the negative sides of each communication method

Okay??
>>
>>49046031
>He thinks I'm pretending

My group consistently finishes campaigns on good notes with full resolution using this method. Most full text games I've played take double the time to get anywhere.

Voice only is cool, though. Just not as varied.
>>
>>49046031
The positives of each side cancel out the negatives.

>Can only play a small range of characters in voice
>Can play basically any character in text as long as you can write well

>Crunch in text games takes forever due to slow communication
>Voice lets you do the crunch in seconds and easily clarify small things

>Can't tell if someone in a text game is AFK, not paying attention, etc
>Easily noticeable with voice

And so on.
>>
>>49046076
Well written prose is superior to inferior acting skills. It's a sieve no matter how you look at it. If he can't write proper english, he needs to go. If he can't act and/or is a mouthbreather, he needs to go. I read a lot of books for instance, and am not a fan of amercan sitcoms.
>>
>>49046141
What does the argument between text and voice games have to do with text based games that have voice based OOC?

Could you please make your argument coherent?
>>
>>49045960
>I hate it when people shill on /tg/.
What's this referring to?
>>
>>49046141
Here I can end this argument:
Start each of your sentences with "in my opinion"
Now start each of his with the same.
And with magic, now you can coexist.
>>
>>49046220
>not understanding opinions are implicit
god do I have to handhold all you autists.
>>
>>49046263
>Everyone else is autists
>mad enough that someone dares to have an opinion that is different from his to write paragraphs on the subject

Kay
>>
>>49046220
Jesus fucking Christ, this is 4chan. You don't bother with that, because everyone's anonymous. Literally the only option is that it's "in your opinion"; you're not representing yourself, you're representing what you wrote. You can say my opinion's shit, and show me how, and the worst that happens is that I close the thread in shame.

In other words, we DO coexist.
>>
>>49046304
This is some bullshit backpedalling, autist.
>>
File: bullets.png (48KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
bullets.png
48KB, 864x864px
>>49045883
you sound like you're posting on a dating site senpai
>>
>>49046327
Please, elaborate on where backpedaling occurred.
>>
File: shitpost.jpg (110KB, 500x660px) Image search: [Google]
shitpost.jpg
110KB, 500x660px
>all this funposting in the gamefinder thread
why are you all doing this
why are you arguing on the internet
good grief
>>
>>49046340
You literally backpedalled away from the actual argument.

Plus, that kind of autism is what this site is based on.
>>
>>49045883
You'll probably have a better time of it replying to the GM info dumped in this thread, if you haven't already.
>>
>>49046304
Mad? Stop projecting your shattered psyche on me you imbecile. If all I wanted was to evaluate propositions in formal logic I wouldn't be on /tg/ in the first place.
>>
>>49046359
It's Fun.
>>
>>49046388
>stop projecting your shattered psyche on me you imbecile
>projecting

I always think 4chan's autism will stop impressing me, but it keeps raising the bar.
>>
>>49046420
Good, then there will be enough room for ex-moot to smuggle all those autists out.
>>
>>49046420
What was your point in posting this? To antagonize an internet stranger that you have no assurance of ever meeting again? To make a pathetic grope at social support from the rest of the /tg/ community, because you know that "autists" are hated here? To assert some weak dominance over others, undoubtedly to fill a vapid and meaningless life? Or simply out of mindless facetiousness?

Please, if you want to make a comment, make a comment worthy of mine and other peoples' attention. As it is, yours, (and many others') posts are insubstantiative, low-quality, and stink of hatred stemming from the typical voice of an unhappy man or a cynical teenager.
>>
File: gellar field failure.gif (1MB, 400x321px) Image search: [Google]
gellar field failure.gif
1MB, 400x321px
>>49046457
Is this fresh pasta?
>>
>>48994495

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
DnD 5E
>Time availability
Preferably Fridays @ 2:00 PM EST onwards, but time is flexible (Especially on weekends).
>Text or Voice
Skype Voice
>Contact Information
Email: [email protected]
>Additional Information
If you need more players for your game, I can usually bring a friend or two along with me. Otherwise, I'm relatively new to tabletop gaming, but I've been playing a campaign for the past 3-4 months and know how to play my character. I'm for most things too, as long as it stays in the 5E system.
>>
>>49045883

Fellow new(ish) player here, I'm >>49046496. I sent you a thing on Skype. I'm gonna assume you're the guy living in L.A, right?
>>
>>49044830
>>49041300

I'd totally be down for it, but the only thing I really know how to play is DnD 5E. Your choice though, you already got two interested anons.
>>
>>49046566
Nope, fake living in qatar, I'll send you a request haha
>>
>>49046661

Oh, oops, my mistake.
>>
>>49046481
Some days I am convinced the word "buzzword" was approriated by 4chan only to spin the counter-meme circle once again.
>>
>>48996701

You got a Skype, senpai?
>>
File: 1362271352201.gif (985KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1362271352201.gif
985KB, 180x180px
>>49047064
>when I told them "X is a flake/shitter/magical realm fag! Don't play with him!"
>mfw I'm not the only person here who does this
>>
File: 1471371795843.png (100KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
1471371795843.png
100KB, 500x520px
>>49047064
Do not play with this man. He is a cuck.
>>
>>49045783
>1
Except that's not a problem.
If you are doing something in text, someone leaving while it's not their turn doesn't matter, because they can catch up when they come back.
You also have a log of the things the characters do, so instead of actually seeing the characters like you would IRL, you know what they did.
You also don't have to ask 4 times if you forgot what a specific NPC said at the beginning of his monologue, which you wouldn't have forgotten about if you would be able to see his facial expression and gestures IRL.

>OOC banter is less of an interruption if you have players who know how to type and still speak.
This is an empty set.
There are no people i have even heard of that can do this.

Possibly due to the following phenomenon
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4G8sNtSn5k

>3
You can clarify that in text too.

>4
Or someone who is unable to talk to people because of social anxiety, but would roleplay nonetheless. Like myself.
>>
File: @riding the rift.png (1MB, 908x1190px) Image search: [Google]
@riding the rift.png
1MB, 908x1190px
>>48994495
Anybody up for a RIFTS(tm) game?
>>
File: smug24.jpg (18KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
smug24.jpg
18KB, 306x306px
>>49047627
I literally started this meme, it feels so good.

>>49047064
>>49047340
Keep fighting the good fight.
>>
>>49048638
actual rifts? if so hell yes.
>>
>>49048638
Absolutely. If by RIFTS you mean: RIFTS. Not Savage World.

Unless by "RIFTS" you meant "Wormwood." Because that's a yes, too.
>>
>>49047812
I made a debunking of this post, but then I realized. I'm better off telling you, get the fuck over yourself. Nobody cares about your fucking social anxiety, everyone here has social anxiety to some degree.

Your arguments aren't even worth addressing, because they literally exist as an excuse for you as a pathetic human being to not improve.

You even forgot to pay attention to how it's OOC voice vs OOC text, not full text vs full voice.

>>>/adv/ You seriously need it my man.
>>
>>49048638
I always see people talk about rifts but never looked into those threads mind telling me a bit about it?
>>
>>49048867
>Your arguments aren't even worth addressing, because they literally exist as an excuse for you as a pathetic human being to not improve.
But that's wrong senpai.

>>49048867
>You even forgot to pay attention to how it's OOC voice vs OOC text, not full text vs full voice.
I did realize that, but the same arguments come for the game being text or voice too.

And the biggest argument i had was the one i fleshed out and provided a video for.
>>
>>49048881
Couple hundred years ago, portals opened up all over Earth. In came pouring every fantasy world popular between 1988 and 1994. Now human being run around Mexico with squirt-guns fighting vampires, while Norse gods set up shop in England and an army that's basically Skynet runs the USA, and tentacle-monsters are protected by blind women with nice tatas. So take a shitload of drugs, pick the class that gets the best starting equipment because nothing else matters anyhow, and prepare for conversion tables!
>>
>>49048881
Rifts is a kitchen sink setting where pretty much everything ever thought of fights everything else. The ruleset is based off houseruled AD&D, and desperately needs somebody to go over it and clean it up.

It recently got a Savage Worlds port. Some people are triggered by this.
>>
>>49048955
>It recently got a Savage Worlds port. Some people are triggered by this.
Because the absurd, shittiness of Rifts is half the fun. If you fix the rules, it becomes a joke without a punchline.
>>
>>49048904
>But that's wrong senpai.

Keep thinking that and you'll never get rid of your issues.
>>
>>49049054
The fact that i don't want to do something that caused me substantial discomfort when i'm trying to enjoy my freetime with something fun, is not a sign that i'm not trying to improve.

I just don't want
-you to hear my probably weird accent
-my parents to hear me talking loudly about weird RPG things instead of doing something useful
-to bother with my mic
-to bother trying to remember what exactly you said instead of being able to read it
-to talk in my own weird voice when i'm trying to roleplay as a character who is more charming than i am
-deal with what i think about you guys and what you guys think about me based on how i speak

but a blanket "i have social anxiety" covers that fairly well.
>>
File: 1405551093622.jpg (52KB, 716x724px) Image search: [Google]
1405551093622.jpg
52KB, 716x724px
>>49048936
>So take a shitload of drugs, pick the class that gets the best starting equipment because nothing else matters anyhow, and prepare for conversion tables!
Wait, is this supposed to be selling me on the game? Because that sounds like complete shit.
>>
>>49049170
It is complete shit. I cannot understand why anyone would pick up RIFTS, today. If you played it in the 90s, I can get why you'd think the idea is fun to revist. But if you're not revisiting it, then I suggest driving by.
>>
>>49049194
The setting is fun for balls to the wall gonzo action, the only problem is every iteration of the rules has been utter shit that needs 50 house rules.
>>
>>49049124
>-you to hear my probably weird accent
Stop being a cuck, nobody cares

>-my parents to hear me talking loudly about weird RPG things instead of doing something useful
You need to be over 18 to post on 4chan.

>-to bother with my mic
I don't want to bother with lazy players.

>-to bother trying to remember what exactly you said instead of being able to read it
The word 'bother' is starting to show up a lot. This one is however a legitimate thing, it however is a non-issue compared to the issues dealt with.

>-to talk in my own weird voice when i'm trying to roleplay as a character who is more charming than i am
This is literally discussing OOC voice with text based IC. Stop hammering this issue, you autist.

>-deal with what i think about you guys and what you guys think about me based on how i speak
This isn't a thing, unless you're a loud, obnoxious and aggravating mouthbreather. If this is the case, improve yourself.

>but a blanket "i have social anxiety" covers that fairly well.
This is the new 'I have autism'.
>>
>>49049241
Would you both just shut the fuck up? You don't want to play together. Good. Don't. Stop.
>>
>>49049241
>cuck
It's who i am. I'm not gonna become a "i don't give a shit about what you think" person just because you tell me to.
>You need to be over 18 to post on 4chan.
Yeah.
All the more reason for my parents to complain that i'm playing games in the middle of the (GMT) night instead of studying or sleeping.
>bother
By which i meant my integrated mic picks up my ridiculously loud laptop fan.
>non issue
It is a legitimate issue, if you're trying to actually roleplay a character believably and don't have facial expressions and stuff available.
>you autist
Yes because having someone write "oooh senpai, my hips are m-moving on their own" and then meme about with a voice of a bear is not jarring. No. Great immersion.
>isn't a thing
People are judging other people a lot.
I upset people enough by text, even when i say the same thing someone else earlier got their approval for. Over voice i'd make enemies.

>i have autism
That probably too, except social and generalized anxiety were actually diagnosed, and i'm not an asshole or unable to roleplay well just because i have social anxiety.
>>
>>49049217
I kinda agree. But it's nothing that hasn't been done better, thirty times since the 90s. So if you aren't already invested in Rifts I don't know why you'd try to get that way now, is all.
>>
>>49049323
>It's who i am. I'm not gonna become a "i don't give a shit about what you think" person just because you tell me to.
Are you a Nu Male by any chance? Are you taking back the word cuck?

>By which i meant my integrated mic picks up my ridiculously loud laptop fan.
Even the lazy fuck in my group manages to bother with audition. If it's that hard, I don't want you in my games.

>The comments about voice IC.
This isn't about that, pay attention or get out.

>Yes because having someone write "oooh senpai, my hips are m-moving on their own" and then meme about with a voice of a bear is not jarring. No. Great immersion.
This is one of your personal issues that you need to work on. Stop conflating something being bad with your own personal issues.

>People are judging other people a lot. I upset people enough by text, even when i say the same thing someone else earlier got their approval for. Over voice i'd make enemies.
Now you're just blogposting, most people aren't this retarded.

>That probably too, except social and generalized anxiety were actually diagnosed, and i'm not an asshole or unable to roleplay well just because i have social anxiety.
More blogposting. Famingo, I'm a schizophrenic, and I don't let this get in the way of my games. In fact, I manage to relate perfectly fine to my group despite the fact that I know they're all out to get me.

You have no excuse.
>>
>>49049378
Maybe you like Savage Worlds, and want a gonzo kitchen sink setting for that.

Are there that many 'sink settings about any more? Ulysses Spiele keep saying they're going to make a new version of Torg, but it hasn't materialised. GURPS Infinite Worlds gets about as much support as most GURPS settings (i.e., fuck-all).
>>
>>49049269
Please refer to
>>49048696
>>49047627
>>49047340
>>49047064
>>
>The mods just killed two posts.

Oh boy, here we go!
>>
>>49049451
>Are you a Nu Male by any chance? Are you taking back the word cuck?
Lol.
I'm sexually submissive i guess, but no, cuck is not something i'd describe myself as.
>if its that hard
it is literally the only microphone i have
my laptop IS this loud no matter what

>other stuff

egh

too tired

>most people
are not me.

>i'm this and that
that's not the point
you said "is this the new autism"
no. no it's not it's something that doesn't usually get in the way of roleplaying unless it HAS to be according to you arbitrary rules
>>
File: 1446253841053.png (18KB, 212x252px) Image search: [Google]
1446253841053.png
18KB, 212x252px
>>49049958
>>>/trash/
>>
Bump to save thread from the abyss
>>
ANOTHER BUMP TO SAVE THREAD FROM THE ABYSS
>>
>>49053991

New thread
>>
>>49054336

>46 posts early

Consider suicide desu
>>
>>49048867
kysyourselfmyman
>>
>>49049241
>This is the new 'I have autism'.
Ironic, because you have autism.
>>49049451
>Are you a Nu Male by any chance?
Holy shit anon, I thought people like you were just memes.
>I'm a schozophrenic
How would that get in the way of games?

It's totally unrelated. You're not just trying to name-drop disorders to make yourself feel special, are you?
>>
>>49054336
>>49054435
I wouldn't really consider it 'early'.

A new thread is probably warranted at this point.

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>49056432
A new thread was warranted when the memeposting started.
>>
>>49009627
Why can't you do voice?

Get a headset.
>>
>>49057125
Do not get a headset. Get some headphones, get a separate mic, and stick the two together.
>>
>>49022082
Yes.
>>49022119
Arguably.
>>49022687
This is true.

I would never recruit off gamefinder. I would just put out feelers to folks I know off other rpg forums, have them reach into their friends network. Friend-of-a-friend is still pretty far away, but at least they know there's a reporting chain on behavior in place.

I've played with three people from /tg/.

One was good, if a bit stuck in recycling concepts from other media. This wasn't really a bad thing, let me be clear. But once I figured out what he was ripping off it lost its luster.

One was literally only interested in combat. In a text-based rpg. Like, sorry senpai but I am not running more than one combat every few sessions. Shit takes 3+ hours.

One was a fucking monster. She (benefit of the doubt here, boyos) would berate other players, argue with the GM over rules constantly, hit on one of our regulars constantly (a wonderful gay man), and then stalked a couple of the players and GM after she was asked not to come back.

It's just not worth it, especially when the best candidate turns out expys of Rurouni Kenshin. I get it, you vape.
>>
>>49045574
You can't be a real person.

This is both an observation and a statement of fact.
>>
>>49045783
>1
What? I am on a fucking podcast and go afk all the time. As long as you're not constantly afk nobody cares.

I'm just going to laugh at the rest of your post.

As a proponent of voice for rp, mind you.
>>
>>49057206
That sounds better than most people I've played with face to face.

But, then again, that was mostly in secondary school.
>>
>>49057302
>I am on a fucking podcast
Wow are you famous?
>>
>>49057310
I never quite had this poor of an experience face-to-face, at least insofar as the last one. We definitely had "i'm only here to roll dice" guy and "look at my totally not Battousai X assassin!" from time to time, but neither of these are really a problem face-to-face. Combat guy gets plenty of combat, and weebxerox is a good roleplayer, so whatever, we can play with your current anime expy as long as it vaguely fits the game theme.

>>49057329
No. Unless you consider internet-famous a thing.
>>
>>49057530
Right, so they're all pretty much okay face-to-face. They're also pretty much okay online. Not great, I agree, but --you know. Bearing in mind we have skype for combatguy.

>Unless you consider internet-famous a thing.
You wouldn't call Pewdiepie famous?
>>
>GM or Player
Preferably Player, but I could GM if people would be willing to help
>System(s)
5th Ed, Pathfinder, Dark Heresy 2, Shadowrun, WoD
>Time availability
After 6pm CST, Tuesday and Thursday
>Text or Voice
Doesn't matter
>Contact Information
Steam ID: BajaAlaskan, or Discord with same name
>Additional Information
>>
>>49058976

I think you need to include your discord user number if you want people to find you on there.
>>
>>49059128
If it is the four digit one next to my name, that is #9318
>>
>>49048780
How would you even play Palladium Rifts online? The amount of rules cruft would slow the game down to a crawl; it would take several sessions just to make characters.
>>
>>49057568
>Right, so they're all pretty much okay face-to-face. They're also pretty much okay online. Not great, I agree, but --you know. Bearing in mind we have skype for combatguy.
Onlydiceguy is not going to enjoy a text-based RPG experience. I've seen him fail this several times. Exalted is the primary point of failure with these.

Like I said, weebxerox is a mixed bag. As long as you're willing to overlook their 'inspiration' being the sum total of their character, they're ok at RP and not any more disruptive than any other player.

Careful cultivation of a good circle of friends/contacts creates better groups, though. The key is you (and your other core players) have to be pro-active in proselytizing on behalf of the group, the game, and willing to be firm on stuff like "show up ready to watch a session to catch our dynamics" and such.

I would never try to recruit a group from scratch that didn't have at least one or two people I know could hack it.
>>
>>49002858
I'm new to roll20 and I joined with the link accidentally. Is there still space, or I should leave the team?
>>
This is my favorite thread on /tg/
>>
>>49062419
Thank you.
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.