[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have I fucked up guys? >Homebrew 'realistic' (read:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Bring_Your_Child_to_Work_Day..png (710KB, 600x979px) Image search: [Google]
Bring_Your_Child_to_Work_Day..png
710KB, 600x979px
Have I fucked up guys?

>Homebrew 'realistic' (read: sensible) fantasy/tinybitofsteampunk setting.
>Playing orphan, adopted by settings version of catholic church. Trained into vampire/undead hunter by church.
>Vampirism is a form of vitamin D eating virus. Church offers my character the virus to help me fight.
Whobettertofighttheenemythanthemelves.png
>Virus has classic can't go out into the sun (virus grows too fast and you fever to death). Beyond a certain point the body begins to believe the virus is a friendly one (similar to bacteria in your gut) and leaves it be, meaning you can go out in the sun, more or less. My dude's at this point.
>Vampirism is a kill on sight thing, due to infectiousness. Its considered the right thing to commit suicide if you contract it. Hugely taboo, remember this.
Corruptchurchgotmyback.bible

Campaign starts.

>Party leader has contract to de-spook a 'haunted' fort.
>Hires party to help. My character agrees to go as long as he keeps any silver they find (for turning into bullets. Silver is a god made ore in this setting)
>Plus its purging the instead so..
>Trapse through forest for a couple days, fight a smattering of feral, starved vampires. Ezpz.
>Discover fort. Everything about it is wrong. Fuck huge piles of skeletons everywhere, evidence of a huge invasion force but not a scratch on any of the walls or door of the fort.
>Party 'Monk' starts busying himself with freeing the souls trapped behind. Sending them to the afterlife basically.
>No skeletons reanimate and attack or anything, as monk did a good job and none of us desecrated or looted any corpses.
>Enter Fort. DM tells me and the monk that we feel a force tugging out souls downwards, extremely powerful.
>Again, piles and piles of dead littering everywhere, still no structural damage.
>After exploring a little we find a staircase in the barracks leading towards this pull me and monk feel.

Cont.
>>
File: 1437108230067.jpg (77KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
1437108230067.jpg
77KB, 927x380px
>>
>>48984354

>We find a dude in a cell, with a skeleton leaning against the outside of the bars. He looks young, but his clothes look thousands of years old, barely rags.
>Monk and me are struggling to not die from migraines due to the 'pull' on our souls he has.
>I recognise the bars of the cell are made from a gold-silver-iron alloy. Is specifically anti 'unholy'cin this setting (god made metal, burns to the touch etc etc)
>My character instantly draws his pistol and aims it at the sitting prisoner's head. Party freaks out.
"No-no anon. He could be innocent, he's locked up!"
>Calmly explain how its pretty obvious this dude is a vampire or something undead and ultra powerful.
>GM told other players earlier the air was heavy and they felt dread in their guts the further they went into the fort, so made sense to them.
>Prisoner explains he was just a normal dude in prison until the fort was attacked, the guard died 'next to him' and that the guard had been a vampire.
>Die to his hunger he ate the guard and contracted the virus. Living off flesh he'd survived hundreds of years as vampires rarely need to eat.
>He seemed half insane/senile at this point.
>Party starts bickering. Monk and some want the dude freed, me and others want him shot on the spot.
>Guy literally told us he was a hundreds of years old vampire so he'd be obscenely strong and fast, couple probably TPK is.
>Prisoner stands up suddenly mid argument, looks my character in the eye.
"You know what the irony of this situation is?" he asks
Shitniggernoyoudont.panic
>Blow the prisoners head off immediately with my pistol. Expecting him to survive, just slumps to the ground dead.
>Party goes apeshit.
>Monk talks to the guys soul before he passes on, turns out he was just a chill side who accidentally became a vampire and only grew powerful because he was trapped down here for centuries.

What'd I do wrong? :(
>>
File: 1451961970724.jpg (46KB, 423x509px) Image search: [Google]
1451961970724.jpg
46KB, 423x509px
In your realistic game, people who are trapped in a dank dungeon alone, for centuries, surviving solely off the meat of decaying corpses end up being chill-dudes? I would have shot him too.
>>
>>48984475
>What'd I do wrong?

Nothing.

When someone is pointing a gun at your head and debating whether or not to kill you there are two things you don't do;

1. Loud noises
2. Sudden movements

optional bonus round

3. Insult his mother

It is entirely possible for bad shit to happen despite doing nothing wrong.
>>
Just roleplay paranoia as the result of your characters training.

Are the party really mad with you?
>>
>>48984475
Nothing.

Was the party throwing a hissy fit over it or something? You acted right, if you ask me.
>>
>>48984547
I think there was a patch of mushrooms he subsisted off too, but considering the place was obviously centuries old wasn't having any of it. Whiny party can whine.

>>48984571

A couple of them are ooc. Most are chill though, including the monk's player. people are just mad because I killed a very valuable Npc who I had no way of knowing was a good guy I guess.
>>
>>48984578
Only a couple members. I'm pretty certain of they find out my dudes a Vanp too they're just gonna murder him in his sleep.
>>
Why was he locked in the anti-vampire cell before he became a vampire?

Are all the cells anti-vampire? Sounds expensive.
>>
>>48984610
Then they can't be objecting on moral grounds.
>>
>>48984707
The guard told the prisoner he was a vampire, as the guard was dying of mortal wounds.

" If no one comes to free you, my flesh will grant you immortality"

The prisoner then realised how bad he fucked up and bust out of the regular cell to lock himself into the special one, taking the corpse with him. He wanted to be locked up in case he went feral.
>>
>>48984595
>I killed a very valuable Npc who I had no way of knowing was a good guy I guess
Yes but
>>Monk and me are struggling to not die from migraines due to the 'pull' on our souls he has.

Did they really want to party up with this guy when he's literally killing two party members just by being around them
>>
>>48984741
Which is what I'm very smugly telling the paladin.

>>48984905
I guess were meant to put up with it for the benefit of the party? The monk can meditate and it's just migraine inducing to my character as he's just a weaker vamp.
>>
>>48984354
>'realistic' (read: sensible)
>Vampirism is a form of vitamin D eating virus
>Silver is a god made ore in this setting
>No skeletons reanimate and attack or anything, as monk did a good job and none of us desecrated or looted any corpses.

So, your setting has silver being literally a gift from the gods and vengeful dead who reanimate to get back at you for looting their bodies, but the traditional supernatural version of vampirism was just a bridge too far for you?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.