[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic: The Gathering Modern General (competitive discussion)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 47

File: Image (3).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

Decklists:
>http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Primers:
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern
>>
Building grixis delver
Turns out I own all of fish for modern, how are anons finding it does in modern?
>>
>>48956372
I find it incredibly boring and linear. I usually find fun in most decks but fish is right up there with tron in terms of mouth breather status
>>
File: ModernMetagame.png (12KB, 217x482px) Image search: [Google]
ModernMetagame.png
12KB, 217x482px
>>48956330
>nothing in subject field

Also here is the tier list
>>
>>48956395
So what would you consider Patrician decks?
>>
I'm actually very interested in rug or btl scapeshift. Is the deck actually competitive?
Which version is superior. I'm not really interested in the prime time variants
>>
File: stoneforge.jpg (48KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
stoneforge.jpg
48KB, 312x445px
Unban when?
>>
>>48956506
Prime Time variants are pretty much so you have a backup plan. Your opponent has ages to find something to interrupt the actual Scapeshift combo or pull off enough lifegain to get out of easy range.
>>
File: Isamaru Shining Freedom2.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Isamaru Shining Freedom2.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Do you guys think that planeswalker creatures would see play in modern? Maybe in soul sisters?
>>
>>48956617
Hopefully soon. Aggro is out of control.
>>
>>48956506
My LGS owner won a pretty large local event (6-7 rounds + top 8) with BTL Scapeshift. Turn 3 Slaughter Games, turn 4 Snapcaster Slaughter Games shuts down Ad Nauseam pretty hard it turns out.
>>
Why are so many people still running galv blast in affinity?
Splinter Twin has been banned for a while now, isn't Thoughtcast just better in the current metagame?
>>
>>48957080
Anon I'm pretty sure we've established that unless you kill your opponent quickly, they'll hit Tron.
>>
>>48957080
It's not just a removal spell. 4 damage to the face is pretty great right when your opponent thinks they've stabilized.
>>
>>48957080
>Why are people running a card that's better than Bolt in the deck?
Gee I don't fucking know.
>>
>>48957169
>>48957149
Well, the main reason people started running Galv Blast over Thoughtcast was the rise of Splintertwin, since that is the only way for affinity to beat them.
Now, since Splintertwin has been banned for a while, some lists, but not all, switched back to the Thoughtcasts.
>>48957115
Tron has pretty much dropped in popularity since the banning of Eye + the new rise of Jund.
>>
>>48957281
Tron historically has a great matchup against Jund though.
>>
>>48957309
Has it?
I always figured severe handdisruption + a decent clock, as well as access to Fulminator Mage and Ancient Grudge should favour Jund severely, since Tron isn't great at topdecking.
>>
>>48957080
Kills Kalitas and sometimes even Tarmogoyf, either Liliana on a +1, Reveler, Ojutai, Colonnade, Wildwood, Spellskite,Thought-Knot Seer, Anafenza, Loxodon Smiter, Wilt-Leaf Liege, and Restoration Angel.
>>
>>48957362
They need to draw those specific cards in order to have a chance though, and they need more than one.
>>
>>48957362
Ancient Grudge sucks dick against Tron since it doesn't hit Karn, and boo hoo you hit the Wurmcoil now it's only a pair of 3/3s with abilities. Fulminator Mage doesn't stop them on the play, and disruption doesn't always do enough since they can either have redundant maps/Scryings, or just have Tron in hand which you can't touch. And Inquisition doesn't hit the big payoff spells. Is hearing that Tron beats Jund news to you?
>>
>>48957362
>Tron isn't great at topdecking
what kind of tron are you talking about? RG tron runs like 12 cantrips, 4 of which dig 5 cards deep.
blue tron runs thirst for knowledge, remand, condescend
>>
>>48957281
No, the main reason why people stopped running thoughtcast is because the card just isn't that good when you have so many bad cards you don''t want to draw, and it's not a card you want multiples of in your hand. Thoughtcast gives you a much stronger middle game and allows you to grind. Galvanic blast gives you access to removal and the ability to end the game a turn earlier than it would have, and when modern metagame is currently Jund + 9 different flavors of aggro, speed is more favorable.
>>
>>48957447
To be fair, not a lot of decks can actually beat a T3 tron + fattie.

Also, the grudges are good against maps / oblivion stones, you're not beating a resolved Karn one way or the other. The thing is, Tron is soft to disruption and sucks at topdecking.
>>
>>48957564
>To be fair, not a lot of decks can actually beat a T3 tron + fattie.
Exactly. T3 Karn is a relatively consistent affair, and wins you the game a lot of the time. Yet because their opponent's life total isn't reduced to 0 that turn, Wizards doesn't realise that Tron essentially violates the T4 rule.
>>
>>48957564
>the grudges are good against maps / oblivion stones

Which is honestly not that great. Destroying a Map is only good if they kept a hand that was entirely reliant on it, and even then they could still draw their piece anyway. It also can't stop an O-Stone on 8 mana, so it really only "stops" it if they're already stumbling.
>>
>>48957564
A tron player will not run map turn 1 after board.

>Tron is soft to disruption and sucks at topdecking.
No and no.

Anyways, just go to Jund primers or watch people on youtube talking about the matchup, it is awful for Jund. Some pros dont even board vs it and choose to dodge instead.
The thing is, if you try to mess with their lands, you are losing turns to cast and sac fulminators and such. they will get to 5 or 6 lands regardless of tron and start casting Thragtusks and Wurmcoils and by that point the game is just over.

but sure, you know best ;^)
>>
>>48957564
>To be fair, not a lot of decks can actually beat a T3 tron + fattie.
The decks that beat it do so by bum rushing it down via aggro gameplans. "Can't beat it? Ignore it!" isn't exactly healthy for a format. Who knows, maybe banning Tron would actually help control decks out since it'd universally nerf aggro decks in the meta by removing one of their best matchups.
>>
>>48957281
>Tron has pretty much dropped in popularity since the banning of Eye + the new rise of Jund.
Wrong. Tron was one of the most played decks after the Eye banning. The reason why it dropped is because of the thousand aggro decks that are currently dominating modern.
>>
>>48957539
Well, I haven't really played too much tron, but it also runs a lot of dead cards. You always run the chance of drawing the wrong half of your deck, since you're essentially a ramp deck.

>>48957675
>It also can't stop an O-Stone on 8 mana
As I said, not a lot of decks can beat assembled tron + good cards, that's exactly why I always assumed Jund has such a good matchup. You take apart their hand, disrupt them and cause the deck to fall apart.

>>48957681
>but sure, you know best ;^)
What's with the cocky attitude, anon?
I never claimed to know best, I was merely explaining why I always thought Jund was favouride against Tron, and argued my point.
To be fair, I don't really play / watch much modern, so I might very well be wrong.
>>
>>48957760
All you need to know is that Karn is a better Lilly hindered only by mana costs which Tron turns into a trivial matter.
>>
>>48957760
>To be fair, I don't really play / watch much modern, so I might very well be wrong.
You are 100% wrong.
Every Jund player will tell you RG tron is their worst matchup. Every RG Tron player will tell you Jund is their best matchup.
>>
>>48957760
>What's with the cocky attitude, anon?
you just keep talking shit out of your ass, shit you dont know about.

if you dont play and watch much, how do you have opinions like "thing is, tron is soft to disruption and bad at top decking"?

just to give you an idea how bad jund is vs tron, ctrl+f tron here (there's two points where he talks about tron) http://www.starcitygames.com/article/31572_Jund-Guy-Goes-To-OKC.html
>>
>>48957819
>I'd sTRONgly consider playing this decklist this weekend if you are trying to lock up that last slot.
>>
>>48957819
Well, sure, I did talk out my ass. Mostly because it seemed pretty obvious, atleast on paper. I do remember watching some modern videos a year ago or so, and I heard that Jund is actually favoured against Tron.

But now I stand corrected, and we did get to discuss modern, so that's a positive.

Don't be so grumpy, if people are wrong, correct them.
>>
>>48957760
>You take apart their hand, disrupt them and cause the deck to fall apart.

That simply does not happen. Inquisition can't hit any of their threats, so it's really only a stall tactic that might not even stall them if they just draw into it. The most important cards are their lands, which none of your discard can force them to drop.

As far as Thoughtsieze is concerned, they pretty much only need to resolve one Karn, Ulamog or Ugin for the game to be over and trading away a Thoughtsieze for it doesn't help much in the long run since they'll eventually run into another.
>>
>>48957907
>it seemed pretty obvious, atleast on paper
Nigger on paper is the same as in real life. Not our fault if you can't process shit properly.
>>
I have two open slots for a 2 mana creature atm. Without knowing anything about my deck aside from the fact that it has 22 creatures (including the slot to fill), which one would you put it, 2 Spellskite or 2 Selfless Spirit?
>>
>>48957950
One of each.
>>
>>48957598
I wouldn't be surprised if WotC is happy to leave Tron in the format because it's so grueling for Jund. Knocking a bunch of Jund out of every event before they hit the top 32 makes standings look more diverse.
>>
>>48957950
>Without knowing anything about my deck

Fuck off, what's with this blind bullshit?
>>
>>48957950
tarmogoyf. Can't go wrong with tarmogoyf.
>>
File: Thalia wallpaper.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Thalia wallpaper.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>48956420
>Death and Taxes back up to tier 2

Aw yeah

Does that include the Eldrazi Taxes lists?
>>
What deck is your baby? The one that plays like a dream in your hands, the one you're most comfortable playing?
>>
>>48956420
Is there any reason why Abzan Company is tier two? It seems like the deck has a lot of tools to fight aggro and jund.
>>
>>48958177
It has really low representation on mtgo compared to paper because of how buggy and slow the combo is to execute. But also people just realized that grafdigger's cage/anger of the gods pretty much turns off the deck.
>>
>>48958284
It's almost as if Junk can just play a normal beatdown plan.
>>
>>48958169
Amulet Bloom. RIPIP.
>>
>>48958169

spellweaver helix combo :^)
>>
File: a1495[1].jpg (492KB, 1000x1377px) Image search: [Google]
a1495[1].jpg
492KB, 1000x1377px
>>48958169
Affinity.

I've got Burn, Nahiri Control, Infect, Dredge, Death's Shadow, Tron, Scapeshift, Living End, Kiki Chord, and Storm as options, but Affinity was the first Modern deck I put together and there's a sort of comfort and nostalgia to playing it. It just feels right.
>>
Would you play them if they printed Tarmogoyfs with white borders, ugly frames and really shitty artwork, but you could get them for $20 each?
>>
>>48958525
It'll be like playing with a Revised card so it's fine.
>>
>>48958525
Would I play what?
>>
>>48958587
The Tarmogoyfs.
>>
>>48958587

serum visions, asshole. his sentence syntax is fine.
>>
>>48958169
Skred. Delicious Koth
>>
If combos are such a big deal, why don't people just run 4 of Surgical Extraction in the side board for every deck?
>>
>>48958169
Infect, baby.

Mulls are a thing I plan on doing twice every game now. I've gone against 4 other people in my meta that also play it and have dumpstered them every time because they get OUT-FUCKING-SKILLED
>>
>>48959024
Because combos aren't a big deal. And SE is t really that good of an answer for combo
>>
>>48958169
UW Emeria
>>
>>48958169
Muddy water Stax. Oh wait this is the modern thread. So I guess Affinity
>>
>>48958169
Green/White elves
RIP
>>
>>48959049
>infect
>skill
Fucking kek
>>
>>48959183
>anything in Modern
>skill
>>
http://pastebin.com/JfDmPBKN

been doing pretty well with this list, though i'm not too sure about my sideboard decisions.
any help for a r/w player?
>>
>>48959157
Why would you rip your baby?
>>
>>48958169
RG Tron.
>Inb4 bitching and whining
> implying I care what any of you think
>>
>>48959370
Moved onto other decks. They were fun but couldn't hold up against any sort of removal. Gonna take what remains and make an edh deck. The staples have been sold. But god do I miss dropping the Hoof
>>
>>48959515
My older brother plays RG Tron. It was the first Modern deck he built and he's played it continuously since, regardless of tier listing. Pretty much every Tron player I know is the sort of person that's "always played it".
>>
>>48959517
It's too bad, Elves just won the last SCG Invitational and the pieces probably all jumped in price.
>>
How good is gw hatebears in modern at the moment?
>>
>>48958169
UR Twin

It always felt cool to switch between a combo oriented deck to pseudo-control

RIP
>>
>>48959662
Just play scapeshift then
>>
>>48958169

Merfolk just feels right to me. Eldrazi and taxes also feels great to me.
>>
>>48958169
Goryo's/through the breach. Not grishoalbrand combo though.
>>
>>48959622
Actually they went down. Only thing that went up is CoCo
>>
>>48959622
How did they win? Literally elves is easy as fuck to beat. Everything threatening dies to bolt unless you mainboard a spellskite
>>
>>48960045
What's the point then? The combo is much better
>>
>>48959080
My nigga
>>
>>48960218
Combo is too fragile. The deck actually has game outside of the combo and it can be just as fast. Mostly I was tired of looking at a hand full of irrelevant combo pieces and drawing cards while someone else turned their creatures sideways.
>>
File: 1457297804074.jpg (9KB, 260x206px) Image search: [Google]
1457297804074.jpg
9KB, 260x206px
>>48957362
>Tron isn't great at topdecking.
Fampai all Tron does is topdeck.
>>
>>48960165

Outvaluing with CoCo and just drawing nuts, where everything is a must answer, and the opponent just doesnt have the answers for them.

Some builds like having MD Lead the Stampede to just outvalue opponents with raw card advantage
>>
>>48960165
His opponents drew like shit. He got away with a Llanowar Elves beatdown.
>>
>Play on XMage
>Everyone is running random super greedy control decks
These people are just begging to get infected out of the game.
>>
>>48959626
Unless someone does something innovative with it, it's terrible with all the hyper aggro decks rolling around.

Though Deathandcatmix won an IQ with mono white with a light splash of black (sin collector and orzhov pontiff).
>>
I have an old standard golgari dredge deck built around lotleth troll, nightcrawler, jarad, nyx weaver, and a few others. It's a crazy creature heavy deck designed to fill up the GY and abuse putting nightcrawler on good targets and launching with jarad.

I'd like to use it in modern, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might add?

This is a link to the deck, rather than posting it all here: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-08-16-golgari-dredge/

Ideally I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money, but if there are a couple 1-5$ cards I could grab then I'd consider it.
>>
>>48960553
Scrap deck
Save money $700
Look up Dredge.
>>
File: mtg_11.jpg (102KB, 700x514px) Image search: [Google]
mtg_11.jpg
102KB, 700x514px
quick /mtgmg/, post your modern waifu
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-23-20-30-22.png (316KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-23-20-30-22.png
316KB, 1080x1920px
>>48960514
>>
>>48960355
Everything is not a must answer. It's really only ezuri and archdruid. Heritage druid sometimes
>>
Why does Bring to Light Scapeshift run a 1-of Damnation instead of Wrath of God? The only other Black cards are the occasional Slaughter Games in the sideboard. It wouldn't rather play White sideboard cards?
>>
>>48960630
700 is a bit outside my range yo
>>
>>48960847
Modern is probably a bit outside your range.
>>
>>48960702
you just answered your own question: if you want slaughter games in the sb, you splash black. also decay or pulse if you want.

you get white if you want timely or paths
>>
>>48960847
>save

Put 100 dollars aside for about 5 months and buff the rest with tax refund money.
>>
>>48960847
Dredge is decently cheap if you have the parts. Most of it is core and mana base.
>>
>>48960969
Looking at the first result on tapped out, I seem to have about half the cards.

They have woodland cemetary and dakmor salvage over 4 shock/scry lands. Are they really better?
>>
>>48961026

not enough to justify it. just play the nonbasics you have, they'll be sufficient 90% of the time unless there's some absurd utility lands (fetches count as absurd utility)
>>
>>48961026
>They have woodland cemetary and dakmor salvage over 4 shock/scry lands. Are they really better?

If they have Woodland Cemetery, that's probably a budged build.

Dakmor Salvage is because of the Bloodghasts. You have a land you can dredge up to guarantee you'll be able to revive your Ghasts when you need to.
>>
>>48960680

Depends, some builds bring in stuff like Thrun or Chameleon Colossus from the boards. MD you have Archdruid, Ezuri sure, but going wide can overload Jund's 1-to-1 removal especially if dealing with Shaman of the Pack or Dwynens Elite.

That said, The elves guy that won got really lucky vs that Jund player. Jund drew like shit.

>>48961026
Shocks fetch landbase allow you to control bloodghast triggers, effectivrly giving thrm haste as well as Prized Amalgams by fetching during your opponents turn. Other variants run rainbow landbase like mana confluence and city of brass, which is a lot cheaper. The only real expensive card is bloodghast, around $200++ for a set
>>
>>48960469
they also are shit players
>attack with glistener elf and open mana
>better tap out for electrolyze
>>
File: qM8eM[1].jpg (88KB, 783x606px) Image search: [Google]
qM8eM[1].jpg
88KB, 783x606px
>>48961152
>around $200++ for a set

Not sure who you're buying from.
>>
>>48961129
>>48961152
>>48961134
I have 4 shocks, 4 scry, 1 urborg, and the rest basic.

I don't have the bloodghast card, and it isn't in the top rated one on tapped out. Is it really that good?

I suppose for a 2 drop I could drop out lifebane zombie for those.
>>
>>48960389
Oh my... That's just embarrassing for the opponent.

>>48960680
This. Nothing would get me saltier than playing any of my elves and getting them bolted the fuck out. And don't get me started on hand disruption. I loved them, they were my babies, but they were kinda bad against any good deck.
>>
>>48961244
When people are talking about Dredge, they mean a deck like this:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-dredge-26688#online
>>
>>48961272
Ah, I don't have that many good red cards though. Especially land.
>>
>>48961360
Well, as far as Modern goes, that's actually probably the cheapest Tier 1 deck.

The average price for the others ones go something like:
>Jund
$19000-2000

>Affinity
$650-750

>Burn
$700-800

>Nahiri Control
$1100-$1250

>Infect
$900-$950

Merfolk
>$650-$700

Eldrazi
>$800-$900

Dredge can be as low as $550-600.
>>
>>48961514
Yeesh. I have a playset of blood crypts, but I don't have fetch lands for RG.

I shall see what I can do.
>>
>>48961202
Oh wow they spiked so quickly. I got mine back when I was running Raphael Levy's Squeeflagrate.

>>48961244
Yes they are absolutely necessary. They enable your degenerate turn 2-3 plays like having 1 bloodghast and 2 amalgams asap.

You can try going for rainbow base for now
>>
>>48961572
Fetches are at an all time low. If you want to play competitively you need a set of each. I know it seems like now but it's worth it. Don't be like me, I wasted money on standard packs and Casual bullshit when I started out. Buy staples of the format.
>>
File: qM9IG[1].jpg (48KB, 258x422px) Image search: [Google]
qM9IG[1].jpg
48KB, 258x422px
>>48961202
>>48961615
This Bloodghast thing is getting out of hand.

I got 4 Bloodghasts pretty much incidentally, because I bought two of the 2012 Event Decks to get the Verdant Catacombs from them. They've just been sitting in my collecting for over three years, it's nice they're getting some use now.
>>
>>48961572
Yes, >>48961702 is correct. The Khans fetchlands are some of the best things you could be buying right now. They're fairly cheap for what they are, and they've got nowhere to go but up. Fetchlands are always going to be in demand.
>>
There's not a single fun modern deck right now.

I tried getting into infect, but the deck just hates me. They just have it, every time, and my draws are always dogshit.
Then, I played roughly 10 matches with Nahiri Jeskai. That deck, too, just hated me. Plenty of awful draws, mana screws, and just a bad time in general.

The last deck I'm interested in is Abzan Company, not sure how well positioned that one is right now.

Otherwise I'll have to stick with pauper and wait until CoCo rotates out of standard.
>>
>>48961769
Coco isn't dropping when it rotates. Get them now.
>>
>>48961702
>>48961740
4 of each?

I really don't like playing UW, I could skip that one
>>
>>48961769
>The last deck I'm interested in is Abzan Company, not sure how well positioned that one is right now.

It's Tier 2 in the Meta right now. Company decks are in a bit of flux right now as people are trying to adapt them to Eldritch Evolution.
>>
>>48961812
I'd rather just test the deck before buying it.

Also, I'm pretty sure CoCo will drop as soon as it rotates out. Not many decks are running it right now in modern, and it's like 40% of the metagame in standard. It WILL drop, atleast until a T1 deck in modern plays it.
>>
>>48961826
>4 of each?

Absolutely.
>>
File: 56662221_p0.jpg (332KB, 468x612px) Image search: [Google]
56662221_p0.jpg
332KB, 468x612px
>>48960648
>>
>>48961893
Is that for the fetch lands or for every dual land?

That's an assload of dollarydoos, I need to check my inventory to see how many I have.

I know I have 2 UB and a few BR...
>>
File: 78968967896789687989.png (610KB, 1309x1309px) Image search: [Google]
78968967896789687989.png
610KB, 1309x1309px
What are the most degenerate decks in the format? They should atleast be tiered 3 also.
>>
>>48958169
black devotion
>>
File: 500px-Elspeth_Tirel.jpg (81KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Elspeth_Tirel.jpg
81KB, 500x696px
>>48960648
>>
File: 1424491212024.png (948KB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1424491212024.png
948KB, 800x1130px
>>48961999
cute
>>
>>48962012
You should get the Fetches at the least, because they are at a low point and you can trust them to go up. The shocks have been low, and stable for quite a while now. They aren't used in as great a number as the fetches are, so demand is low. Just look at the Dredge deck, it wants 4 Bloodstained Mires and 4 Wooded Foothills, but only 2 each of Blood Crypt and Stomping Ground.

Additionally, Fetches are important for Modern and Legacy, whereas Shocks are only important in Modern.
>>
File: glorious_grixis_master_race.png (1MB, 1309x751px) Image search: [Google]
glorious_grixis_master_race.png
1MB, 1309x751px
>>48962035
>tfw Grixis Control
>>
>>48962035
Why is Scapeshift on there twice?
>>
>>48962102
How are you feeling about the guy playing Last Hope in Grixis Control now?
>>
File: 52600689_p0.jpg (118KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
52600689_p0.jpg
118KB, 1024x1280px
>>48960648
>>
>>48962130
Not sure

Haven't tried it out myself. In the SCG event the few times he was on camera he was in bad matchups so I didn't really get to see it's potential

I mean on paper it sounds pretty awesome to kill x-1's like snappy or noble heirarch or random robot and getting back snap casters but I'm still not entirely sold. It seems like it's something that more belongs in a sideboard then mainboard for Grixis control imo
>>
File: 3fd.jpg (60KB, 487x469px) Image search: [Google]
3fd.jpg
60KB, 487x469px
>>48962035
>Tron
>less unfair than Chord
>>
>>48962178
Actually thinking about it a little more I feel like it wouldn't be that good

You have your staticasters to ping 1 health creatures and I think Kolaghans command is a better way of recycling creatures. I mean of course you get the ability to repeat value from planeswalkers but I'd rather be playing a mostly instant speed game as Grixis Control. The guy seemed to be running a more sorcery speed list with baby jace as well.
>>
>>48962035
t. zac elsik
>>
File: 22827520_p0.jpg (194KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
22827520_p0.jpg
194KB, 1024x725px
>>48960648
>>
>>48962309
Well, she's Modern legal. That's about all the more relevant she is to Modern.
>>
>>48962309
i wanna ride sheoldred!
>>
>>48959515
My nigga. RG Tron is life.
>>
File: 47673778_p0.png (899KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
47673778_p0.png
899KB, 1000x1000px
>>48962333
she's CUTE!
>>
>>48962102

People like you are the reason Dredge continues to thrive.

>muh one-of Crypt Incursion
>>
>>48958169
Martyr Proc
>>
>>48958169

Twin :(
>>
File: 49936445_p0_master1200.jpg (566KB, 733x1200px) Image search: [Google]
49936445_p0_master1200.jpg
566KB, 733x1200px
>>48962150
>>
File: Eternal Witness_FD.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Witness_FD.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>48961769
Abzan Company is dank as fuck. Dont know about you guys, but I shit on my meta with it, and I have only one hierarch. And no, the people I play against are not shit, there are literally like 3 regulars who have top eighted GPs
>>
File: ayylmaoo.jpg (32KB, 318x308px) Image search: [Google]
ayylmaoo.jpg
32KB, 318x308px
>>48962568
>>muh one-of Crypt Incursion

kek, this. should a combination of cage, tormod's, jailer or go full retard with leylines.
>>
>>48962568
>>48962779
I don't see Dredge that often and when I do the matchup seems fine without dedicating half of my sideboard to meme cage, jailers and leylines
>>
>>48962739

>Grafdigger's and RiP at all-time highs
>Good time to play a graveyard combo

Picko uno, friendo
>>
>>48963163

Again, dickheads like you are the reason why good players continue to play the deck: free wins. You might think the matchup is "fine" because you've jammed 3 games with your retarded friend Ernesto, but I promise you, if you test a proper amount against an adept pilot, you will realize just how bad your matchup against them is. There's a reason Ross Merriam easily won the Open in Syracuse and almost ran back-to-back in NJ.
>>
>>48963208
Kys
>>
>>48963165

Alright, so counter the meta. Since grafdiggers and RIP are an all time high, it means that not running graveyard makes them have a bunch of dead cards. Then, what are they running graveyard hate in place of? what did they cut to run it that was previously a counter to a power deck but folds to dredge or something?
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 223x310px
Threadly reminder that I will save Modern from the Dredge menace
>>
>>48963237
They're only dead cards in the sideboard. Nobody is ridiculous enough to be mainboarding it. The only thing close is that Tron mainboards a Relic, maybe two, because it's a cantrip and in case it is relevant they can find it with Stirrings.
>>
File: 1420510474123.gif (2MB, 245x207px) Image search: [Google]
1420510474123.gif
2MB, 245x207px
>>48963208
>with your retarded friend Ernesto
>>
>>48963208
He won Syracuse because he got lucky with the Bridge build, and he almost won NJ because he was smart enough to cut them.
>>
>>48963259

Dead cards in the 75 are still dead cards, you just have to consider that what we're building has to be difficult to answer with standard mainboard removal. I still haven't the foggiest what it would need to be, but hey, it's brainstorming. You know where the opponent is pre-allocating their resources, so you have enough information to attempt to find an upper hand.
>>
File: SOMEBODY.png (778KB, 748x1042px) Image search: [Google]
SOMEBODY.png
778KB, 748x1042px
>>48956330
i play 1 swamp and end my turn
>>
>>48963318
Combo decks flourish when their hate is scarce, but by and large the Modern combo decks are the ones that crumple to the hate that's being played now.

There is one deck that has been known to steal games when hatecards come up short though. Having to dedicate their resources to hosing the Graveyard and Company/Evolution can sometimes leave little room for Artifact hate.
>>
>>48963237

Land/Artifact hate, mostly. That being said, the paper metagame is always very slow to shift relative to MTGO, so it'll be a while before things start to normalize and the field packs appropriate sideboards. Thinking that you can bank on other players hating the deck out for you is fucking stupid though. WER is a fickle mistress, and might just align the stars so that the Dredge player you face for your win-and-in played against mono-mongoloids like you who thought they could dodge the matchup.
>>
>>48963375

I considered affinity, but I figured that there is still a boatload of answers sitting around in the form of Hurkyl's, SS, kataki, etc because the deck is still only second to Jund. Also unfortunately, there are not a whole lot of artifact based combo decks; even Eggs would fold to the GY hate being played right now.

>>48963451
>Thinking that you can bank on other players hating the deck out for you is fucking stupid though

are you crazy? there's no fucking way Id go somewhere without packing dredge silver bullets. just because I'm anticipating other people to have to answer it as well does not mean that I think the deck i'd wanna try and run would have a good matchup against a deck that is proving itself answer-worthy.
>>
File: alesha.jpg (92KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
alesha.jpg
92KB, 768x432px
>>48960648
>>
>>48963208
>if you test a proper amount against an adept pilot, you will realize just how bad your matchup against them is

Why does that matter if in his local scene he can deal with the matchup just fine?
>>
>>48963534

because he will come and post on modern general and assume his experience extrapolates accurately
>>
>>48963208
>muh dredge is like tier 0 bruh its unbeatable!!!!!!!!!

Cool
>>
>>48963559
There's a difference between saying "This deck has a bad matchup with Dredge" and "Dredge is the king baby! NUMBAH ONE UNTOUCHABLE!!!".
>>
>>48963358
That's a terrible first turn
>>
File: 1469299471752.jpg (40KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1469299471752.jpg
40KB, 640x625px
hay guise. Im a returning player and need some feedback. Started playing again this summer after more than 10 years away from the game.

I made this mono white deck to play vs a friend but im thinking of trying to run it in modern but i suspect it needs a lot of work (retooling and possibly a major financial investment in specific cards). This is the first deck ive built since returning to the game.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-08-16-pure-white/
>>
>>48963675
Closest thing in modern you'll get to mono white is soul susters
>>
>>48963675

>im thinking of trying to run it in modern

it won't work. the deck doesn't have a game plan, just drop a 1-of ornithopter and cross your fingers and sit on 3 Aegis Angels in your hands.

I suggest you read into MtG and what actually makes a good, competitive card. it will do you a whole lot of good for deckbuilding. this might fly in kitchen table, but you'll be very disappointed when you go to your LGS and get 2 losses and a bye
>>
>>48963559

Dredge can lose game one to plenty of decks that don't need hate: Infect, Affinity, Burn, and other similar linear strategies (>Elves) that simply outrace them. The difference is that where those linear strategies are extremely susceptible to maindeck removal, counterspells, and discard, Dredge does not give a fuck. The deck absolutely feasts on fair GBx and Ux decks game one. The grixis "kill/counter everything" card advantage pile that started this whole comment chain has somewhere close to a zero percent chance of winning game one, and needs a heavy dose of sideboard help to ever beat the deck. That guy specifically needs Leylines, or Nihil Spellbombs, or Surgicals, or SOMETHING more than a single Crypt Incursion to ever have a realistic chance of winning two postboard games.

>That does not make Dredge tier 0

>>48963534

My bad, bruh, I forgot this was /CasualShitpostersTCG/
>>
>>48963248
OK is this some sort of dank meme or is there some secret teck to this? Just looks like an awful card to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 396x511px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 396x511px
>>48963965
Soul sisters feat. Norin is a real deck.
>>
>>48963965

You clearly aren't familiar with "triggered abilities".
>>
>>48963208
Or he can just play ad nauseam combo instead and win easily against dredge without sideboard hate.
>>
>>48964022
>>48964035
Looks janky and gay
>>
Currently playing Naya Zoo and doing a smashing job in my local meta.

At the same time, I'd like to try something that's a different play style, with spending maybe only like $200 or so to make. Which I realize kinda rules out enemy fetches, but there you go.
>>
>>48964130
It's bad. If you want a combo with many working pieces play Grishoalbrand
>>
>>48964391
How many Bloodghasts do you own?
>>
Which version of scapeshift is better?

Prismatic Omen with 4x valakut
or
Bring to Light Scapeshift
>>
>>48964391
I guess you could try the Knightfall (Reliquary + Retreat combo) deck or Kiki Chord, which is also pretty fun. You'll probably only need some shocks, maybe a couple of fetches and I think most of the rest is not very expensive
>>
>>48964523
R/G is probably the most powerful version right now.
>>
>>48964391
Whats your zoo list look like? burningtree+ whacker?
>>
>>48962102
I know you dont run it, but what is your view on Young Pyro in Grixis control? I started the Grixis route when I traded for a playset to create a kill condition in a R/U deck way back when.
>>
Ari Lax is based
>>
>Have Urzatron pieces
>hate Eldrazi

is there a non-Eldrazi version of an Urzatron deck? One that doesn't rely on Aeon's Torn as a finisher?
>>
>>48965142
Pretty much all of them. They use ulamog but of you're going to be autistic about the cards you're better off just not playing
>>
>>48963965

>Access to some of the most devastating SB cards in modern
>MB Blood Moon
>Packs both PtE and Bolt
>Laughs at dredge and linear aggro decks not named Infect

Only folds hard vs Tron, Ad Nauseam and Infect. And even then, you can just gain life beyond Lightning Storm range for ad nauseam, survive Ugin due to Myr Tokens from Genesis Chamber for Tron and still have enough removal for Infect. Im surprised no ones running any variant of SS at all if they fear dredge that much desu.
>>
>>48965142

You want Mono U Tron. It doesnt have any eldrazi pieces at all and relies on Sundering Titan, Wurmcoil recursion and mindslaver locks to win the game.

Enjoy being a fringe tier 3 deck that loses vs regular Tron and fast linear aggro deck not named affinity though.
>>
>>48965566
What does UTron do against affinity?
>>
>>48965723

Hurkyll's recall, Chalice of the Void and Warping Wail/Spatial Contortion in the MD. The latter 3 being MD makes a huge difference when before it just durdles and slogs with repeal and being reactive with counters.
>>
>>48964666
Witnessed

What did the absolute madman do now?
Did he trigger some bitchbabies yet again?
>>
>>48966335
Not that guy but a quick Google reveals that apparently he's very recently claimed that standard right now is the most broken it's been in a long time, actually making comparisons between Cawblade with a Twin package in standard to this.
>>
File: 1471890850329.gif (49KB, 639x556px) Image search: [Google]
1471890850329.gif
49KB, 639x556px
>tfw played eggs for the first time
i have found the meaning of life and magic
>>
>>48961026
The fetchland build is superior since it's easier on the life total than the gold lands and easier to enable Conflagrate with Life from the Loam. Fetching at opponent's EOT allows for control over Bloodghast triggers.
>>
>>48966505
To go to time?
>>
>>48966633
lmao
the deck is so fucking awesome
>>
>>48966532
Yes I can see how that makes sense.

I'd like to have a deck that I can use Jarad, nighthowler, and bonehoard to launch stuff but it seems that this "dredge" archetype is more competitive.
>>
>>48966712

Its a deck that does degenerate things like potentially have 10 power on board on turn 2, while simultaneously having the capability of wiping out opposing board positions or dealing solid 5-7 damage to the face.

It breaks every fundamental rule of "normal" Magic: The Gathering. Whether this is cool to you or not, its definitely a real deck.
>>
>>48966848
I've been playing with it on cockatrice, I can't quite figure out how to make it go but I'll keep messing with it.
>>
>>48966945

What difficulty are you encountering? An ideal situation is

T1: land, fetch, faithless looting, draw 2 discard, Grave-Troll and another card (can be bloodghast, amalgam or another dredger)
T2: land (trigger bloodghast), Tormenting Voice, discard 2 more cards (ideally dredgers or amalgams), dredge through your deck and hope it turns over more bloodghasts,amalgams or better yet, Narcomoeba then trigger your amalgams to enter the battlefield

From there you can co tinue to dredge for more bodies, and you'll eventuall flip over Rally the Peasants for the kill, or Conflagrate. You use life from the loam to build up lands in your hand to fuel a huge conflagrate from the GY
>>
>>48966505
You got a list?
>>
>>48967020
>What difficulty are you encountering?
Just not getting the synergies yet
>>
>>48967063
millions of them
using this one currently i added 2 banefires tho
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/developing-competitive-modern/219904-poached-eggs
>>
>>48958169
Mardu. The only true mtg deck
>>
>>48967094
You pretty much want to start the game with either a Faithless Looting or an Insolent Neonate, and at least one big Dredge card. Don't be afraid to mulligan down to four or five cards if you don't see at least two turns worth of action in your hand.
>>
>>48966633
>>48967099
>>why.png
Unless you're playing online, Banefire is bad, and you sure as hell don't need two of them. Just Pyrite Spellbomb them, mill them with Codex Shredder, or blow up all their lands and kill them with infinite birds, all which don't need a clunky sorcery in your deck.

>>48966505
Nah, eggs is faster to close out thanks to KCI compared to SS eggs.
>>
My favorite opening hand is Red source, Neonate, and troll. You can drop neonate turn one, wait til their second main aND THEN use neonates ability. Cause if you do happen to hit a amalgam and narco you get the amalgam on their endstep, which gives you a 3/3 with basically haste on your 2nd turn for free.

Then second turn you do one of your discard/draw spells and hit more shit. Honestly I almost always try to make things either dredge or return on opponents second main.

You can save fetchlands for bloodghasts to do this.
>>
Kaladesh will make Thopter Tribal a thing. It will make Thopter-Sword great again. But your Sword of the Meeks while they continue dipping in price now.. Screencap this.
>>
>>48967311

Meant to reply.

>>48967094
>>48967020
>>
What's better in dredge, Tormenting Voice, or Burning Inquiry? I only played with Burning Inquiry, and its raw power to dredge 3x in a row while potentially kicking your opponent in the crotch is too good, but very random. From my experience I only ever got screwed over by Inquiry 3x out 20 games I played in my LGS by letting my opponent draw into their SB cards, so Im a bit biased about it.

Other times they discard 2-3 lands and they literally do nothing the next turn on turn 3, and I derive pleasure from that.
>>
>>48967292
im playing online, i cant afford losing time
>>
>>48956679
Go to your containment thread turdwrangler.
>>
>>48967355
BI is a bit too random for my tastes, and is pretty poor T1.

I see more discussion whether you want to run Tormenting Voice or Shriekhorn, or a combination of both.
>>
>>48958169
Burn. I'll bleed red mana until I die.
>>
>>48958169
EGGS
GG
G
S
>>
>>48963358
>that art
GET OUT OF MAH SWAMP
>>
>>48963309
Cutting Bridges is good?
>>
>>48967580
Loam Conflagrate is considered better than Bridge Garg by most. It's far more consistent.
>>
>>48967591
Well boy do I fucking love casting Life from the Loam.
I don't play Modern but I have Legacy Dredge + a playset of Life from the Loams and Bloodghasts and Verdant Catacombs from another deck.
Guess the most expensive cards I'd need to buy to get a good modern deck are Conflagrate and Something Amalgram. Worth?
>>
>>48967627

Bloodghasts and fetches are the most expensive.

Amalgams are less than 3 bucks each
>>
>>48967670
>3 bucks
Whoa, I'm not made of that kind of cash.
These things better win me some packs at local modern tourneys.
Looking at SCG results, should I just copy Ross' latest list?
>>
>>48967681

Yes his is alright, though Im not a big fan of Gargadon-Bridge. As explained above, Loam-Conflagrate is the best build due to its consistency.

And yes, any meta that doesnt respect the dredge matchup, much like affinity will get steamrolled. Beware meta with lots of Death & taxes variants and Soul Sisters.
>>
>>48967711
Will do.
I have no idea what the local meta is but Bridge-Garg would be complete ass against some decks (definitely Soul Sisters).
Do any lists run durdly loam stuff like a Raven's Crime? I guess that would be too slow but man is it fun to cast.

Also bring cycling lands to Modern.
>>
>>48967758
Not really. Lots of main deck cards aren't good against dredge so making your opponent discard something of their choice isn't super meaningful. Post sideboard once against they'll discard the least useful cards and keep the graveyard hate.
>>
>>48967758

You're looking at Raphael Levy's Loam Pox/Squeeflagrate which is basiclaly proto-dredge back when Amalgam wasnt printed.

It looked to grind the game to a halt with endless zombies from Zombie Infestation fueled with life from the loam and 4x Squee Goblin Nabob. Ran cards like Lingering Souls, disrupted with Raven's Crime and had unlimited Ghost Quarters due to Loam. It used Vengeful Pharoah to stop early aggro as well. Its now succeeded/morphed into the current dredge deck
>>
File: CemuSve.png (11KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
CemuSve.png
11KB, 323x156px
>tfw i wanna play eggs
>everyone disconnects
fml
>>
>>48967938
literally just play against the ai. it's not like you care about interaction anyway.
>>
>>48967938
That's why you play in paper, so you can watch them suffer.

desu I don't get players getting pissed for playing against a deck like eggs. It's easy enough to hate out, it's not unreasonably fast, and it doesn't take forever to combo out so just pick up your loss and go to G2/G3.

>>eggs did nothing wrong
>>
>>48967948
i like seeing people suffer
>>48967992
i play on paper only at fridays and saturdays, i dont live in fucking america
>doesnt take forever to combo out
oh i play 1 spellbomb
he he he
>>
>>48967099
>Banefire
Literally why.
>>
>>48968059
>>
>>48967711
Dredge can win through hate by simply establishing a big board presence before the hate lands. 10 power turn 2 beats Rest in Peace.
>>
Has no one tried Flame Jab instead of Conflagrate? Not exiling itself seems kinda relevant.
>>
>>48968102
Can't let you discard stuff you want to put in the graveyard though which is pretty relevant.
>>
>>48968102

You pay 1 mana for each 1 damage. Conflagrate only costs RR no matter what as long as you play it from your GY

>>48968089
That's when you draw nuts. Ive been screwed over my SS a lot of times, especially when they go double Sisters, or just bring out auriok champion. Path to Exile can really ruin you as well. Its one of the strengths of that deck in this new meta, it along with BW Processor-drazi has built in Dredge hate one way or another.
>>
>>48958419
My nigga
>>
>>48968026
Just demonstrate the loop and you're golden.

>>48968074
One should suffice.

>>48968102
Five mana to bolt is pretty bad (RRR + 1G for Loam). Fits more in an attrition based dredge deck than the more aggro-combo oriented iteration that's popular now.
>>
>>48968284
It's 4 mana to Bolt with Conflagrate so I don't see why 5 is that huge of a deal. The main problem I can see is that you can only discard land. Definitely seems worth thinking about though.
>>
>>48968314

You mean its 4 mana to deal 5++ from conflagerate with the added bonus of discarding nonland dredgers/creatures stuck in your hand. You dont pop conflagerate until you either win the game or wipe the other side of the board. The deck preferrs the sudden burst damage of 5 above for 4 mana.
>>
>>48956330

uba powerfull!
>>
>>48968526
Uba Mask?
>>
>>48967938
>I play Phyrexian Revoker
You gonna scoop now or later
>>
>>48968706
Sure, what are you naming? I'm curious.
>>
>>48968706
1.hope for open the vaults
2. you play that in mainboard?
>>
>>48966363
Well he's not entirely wrong. There are what? Six Bant company lists in the recent top 8's?
>>
>>48968758
Depending on the eggs list you should name a color filter like Prophetic Prism or Lotus Bloom.
>>
>>48969189
>prophetic prism or lotus bloom
>not faiths reward
you retarded m8?
>>
>>48969225
>>48968777
Fuck, I just realised you're actually retarded. As someone who loves eggs to death, stop giving the deck a bad name.

>>48969189
Kinda, but you can just Ghost Quarter your white mana indefinitetly for Faith's Reward loop and win through Codex Shredder mill.

Also, if the deck runs Prism, you can't shut 'em off colored mana with just one Revoker.

Not a bad choice though, but I wouldn't scoop in that situation at all. Especially since I main one Aether Spellbomb, just in case.
>>
>>48969225
I'm pretty sure you can't name Faith's Reward with Revoker, since Revoker makes mention of activated abilities only.
>>
>>48969370
explain why faggot
>>
>>48969382
>>48969383
ok i am retarded
then KCI seems the best choice
>>
>>48968777
I have a shitty budget mono U artifacts deck I run when I'm tired of Burn, it has 3 mainboard Revokers.
>>
>>48969433
well not a lot of people play that deck, you could rather point out people playing huryks recall which some decks run
>>
>>48969404
Without KCI, you just go off old school through Lotus Blooms. Makes it a bit more annoying, but we'll live.

>>48969456
Not a lot of people play eggs either.
>>
File: 1441283105994.jpg (19KB, 266x285px) Image search: [Google]
1441283105994.jpg
19KB, 266x285px
>sifting through old cards I left at parent's house in the attic
>have everything for infect save for the mana base
Should I do it /tg/?
>>
>>48969635
does that include inkmoths? they're the most expensive part, so if you have them I'd say go for it. it's a fun deck.
>>
Why don't more people play scapeshift?
Watching videos and testing it performs fairly well and there are so many ways to build it
>>
>>48969635
To be fair, the deck is dirt cheap, with the exception of Hierarchs and the manabase. So I wouldn't expect you getting out cheap
>>
>>48965566
>>48965867

Thanks for the info!
>>
>>48969668
No sadly. What about the misty's? I may just cheap out with 2 and use playsets of heaths and foothills. Or should I just go for the playset of mistys?

>>48969687
p. cheap compared to legacy infect though. Thank god they're reprinting berserk. Still need FoW and duals for that, among other things.
>>
>>48969635
>>48969687
On the one hand, no, it won't be cheap. On the other hand, the Manabase is a fine thing to spend money on. Lands are good.
>>
>>48970051
>Oh I can save money on Berserk, that means I have more money to spend on the rest of my deck!
This is the reason why small reprints like this don't work.
>>
>>48970103
Berserk preorders are like $30 right now. IIRC the old ones were more than double that.

>>48970087
>On the other hand, the Manabase is a fine thing to spend money on. Lands are good.
Well I kind of want to just build up a solid mana base collection just to have things to tool around with and only worry about getting core cards for deck ideas.
>>
How are you dredge guys doing against jeskai?
>>
>>48970669
g1 should be a bye

g2 and g3 just go for it. if they have rip, you might be luck and have something in play. if not, just keep drawing and looting to find claims and do nuts.
you have plenty of time, they can put pressure until turn 4.

pretty easy matchup
>>
>>48970737
what should be in a dredge sideboard in place of Leyline of the Voids if I don't have them?
>>
>>48970845
that do similar thing, i guess tormod's crypt. maybe rakdos charm, but costs mana
>>
>tfw trying to play Grishoalbrand for the first time
I feel so stupid, I have absolutely no clue what to do.

Feels bad
>>
>>48971269
You'll get it anon, and when you do it's a God damn great time. Be prepared for salt
>>
>>48970051
you don't need misties. 10 between any green fetch is fine.
>>
>>48971536
When the other option is Verdant Catacombs, that's not actually an improvement. Right now Catacombs are more expensive than Rainforests.
>>
>>48971887
Wooded Foothills, Windswept Heath?
>>
>>48971993
Yeah, that's 8 of your 10. What do you think the last 2 are going to be?
>>
>>48971269
I made a prototype Shoal-less Griselbrainz memedeck and lemme tell you the deck either wins on turn 3 or you lose to yourself.

I can post my memelist if anyone is interested
>>
>>48972055
Pretty inexpensive over all?
>>
>>48972184
Please do
>>
>>48972331
>2x Rainforest
>About $90

>2x Catacombs
>About $120

Getting 2x Catacombs is more expensive than all 8 of the Heaths/Foothills.
>>
>>48972436
Poorfag pls go. Either buy the lands or don't, nobody really cares
>>
>>48972630
You misunderstand. I have playsets (plural) of all the fetches already. I was just pointing out >>48971536
>you don't need misties
doesn't really pan out if you think about it for more than a second.
>>
>>48972418
>>48972184

4 Brain in a Jar
4 DaddyG
4 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Goryo's Vengeance
4 Izzet Charm
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Faithless Looting
4 Breaking/Entering
2 Collective Brutality
4 Soul Spike
1 Fury of the Horde

2 Extra slots (at the moment running an extra Fury and a Collective Defiance but neither are needed)

19 Grixis lands (4 fetch, 8 fastlands, 1 of each dual, 2 basics and urborg) with Geier Reach Sanitarium. May add Desolate Loothouse

Very much a prototype but it combos off well without whiffing. Tried a single Goblin Dark Dwellers to hit off Breaking/Entering but it seemed too cute. Maybe will test Muddle.
>>
File: 1469905734214.png (291KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
1469905734214.png
291KB, 600x512px
>>48972752
>Brain in a Jar
>>
>>48972861
Can't have Griselbrainz without the Brain my man.
>>
>>48970890
Wouldn't you play Bojuka Bog instead so that you can loam them back?
>>
>>48972990
could be also. but at that point you are hoping opponent doesnt have leyline of his own
>>
>>48958169
izzet burn
no deck will ever feel the same
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 310x223px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 310x223px
>>48972861
Tried running a few Thoughtseize mainboard as extra interaction, has tech with Brain and it's an additional discard outlet in a pinch, the life loss felt bad though.

Inquisition can't discard Grisel, so at the moment I've trying out 2 Despise in the sideboard. May go back to Thoughtseize mainboard and see how bad it stings, potentially replacing the fetchlands with Gemstone Mines to pad down the life total.
>>
>>48973208
This deck is bad.
Seriously just play grishoalbrand
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 223x310px
>>48974133
I did and it was sweet. Now I'm jamming Griselbrains.

Also Worldspine is only relevant as a shitty Through the Breach backup plan, this motherfucker here is the real deal.
>>
>>48974318
>this motherfucker here is the real deal.
gave me a nice laugh, thanks
>>
Help me /tg/ you're my only hope!

4 Path to Exile
4 Ghost Quarter
2 Bitterblossom
4 Raise the Alarm
3 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
4 Spectral Procession
4 Lingering Souls
2 Zealous Persecution
4 Intangible Virtue
4 Godless Shrine
4 Marsh Flats
4 Isolated Chapel
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Thoughtseize
4 Plains
2 Go for the Throat
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
1 Vault of the Archangel
1 Westvale Abbey
1 Swamp
1 Anguished Unmaking
SB: 2 Rest in Peace
SB: 2 Pithing Needle
SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
SB: 2 Anguished Unmaking
SB: 2 Duress
SB: 2 Sundering Growth
SB: 2 Burrenton Forge-Tender
SB: 2 Kataki, War's Wage
>>
>>48974318
Shitty? No. What you posted is the shitty one.
>>
>>48974429
Lord of Innistrad > Solemn Visitor

One is winmore. The other can win the game.
>>
Primeval titan is going to be banned at some point
>>
>>48974503
I'd hardly call SV winmore. The lifelink is incredibly powerful and he can still defend himself with his -2.
>>
>>48974559
It was only a problem in Amulet Bloom. No Prime Time deck other than that is able to break the turn four rule.
>>
>>48973023
TRU
>>
>>48974728
The problem is that SV's +1 is only good if you're already ahead. It's not very often that it actually helps stabilize the game. And no, his -2 does not protect him. Abilities you can only use once do not protect you. If your opponent is smashing a Goyf over your head, SV will die, and LoI will gain a little life, then steal the Goyf.
>>
>>48963474
IS A TRAP REEEE!
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 267x189px
>>48960648
nsfw
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>48960648
Waifufags pls go
>>
File: sun-titan-cute.jpg (79KB, 640x494px) Image search: [Google]
sun-titan-cute.jpg
79KB, 640x494px
>>48960648
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 600x376px
>>48958169
Goblins, hands down.
>>
>>48974853
L-lewd
>>
>>48975084
he said deck, not pile of cards that share something in common
>>
File: 177.jpg (294KB, 624x445px) Image search: [Google]
177.jpg
294KB, 624x445px
HEllo modern friends, which one is superior for dealing with Blue decks?
Boil, or Choke? Does it depend on what deck I am?
>>
>>48975242
Choke is better if they can't remove it.
>>
>>48975242
In that case, i'm RG Tron
>>
>>48975290
Boil is better for Tron because it's an instant. You cast it at the end of their turn so and they counter it, leaving you open to play something on your turn.
>>
>>48975290
What do I replace Greater Gargadons with in Dredge?
And do I get ride of all of the Bridges with them or keep a couple?
>>
>>48975385
You don't play bridges without gargadon and play loam conflagrate instead of gargadon.

Honestly gargadon just looks like a winmore and you better not make your core engine worse because of it.
>>
Do you think that Modern can last?

Its the cheap alternative to legacy, without being cheap. If the limiting factor for newbies in legacy is price and card supply, are we now approaching the same point with Modern? Will Wizards kickstart something new?
>>
>>48975412
The list from SCG runs 2/2 Garg/Bridge and 2/2 Loam/Conflagrate.
So I should just go up to 4/4 Loam/Conflagrate?
That seems like an excessive amount of Loams, as they are not good in multiples.
Wouldn't I be better off with 3/4/1 of something else? Or 3/3/2?
>>
>>48975460
At least they _could_ print anything in modern. Only if they would to make it more accessible for new players as things at the moment won't cut it. It looks like with price of niche decks in modern, you could probably make rogue deck in legacy with same price point. And you know what? A rogue deck in legacy would probably do better than any niche deck in modern.
>>
>>48975502
Man just stop caring and do whatever, splitting hairs over this shit is so pointless just fucking kill yourself.
>BUT DO I USE 3 THOUGHTSEIZE 3 INQUISITION OR 4 INQUISITION 2 THOUGHTSEIZE
Nobody cares and the only difference it will make is in hindsight.
>>
>>48975502
Mind you I'm not a modern dredge player, but proper amount of loam is probably 3 I think. While I was testing things before all the hype, I felt 2 was not enough and 4 seems a bit excessive. Just cut both bridges and gargadon; not sure what is proper amount of conflagrate but just make sure you will hit dredge in graveyard on turn 2 draw. The face when I saw someone playing gargadon on turn 1 and took his fucking time to actually fucking combo his deck on turn 3 while he could have done that turn 2.
>>
>>48975517

I think something that people fail to understand is that people don't want to just play and feel involved. People want to play decks that they find cool and interesting.

Yeah ok I can buy into modern at a reasonable pointwith mono-green stompy. But I don't want to feel involved, I want to play a deck that I like. A deck that has a solid chance.

Just an example.
>>
File: merrowbonegnawer.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
merrowbonegnawer.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
Could pic related work in mono black as a form of graveyard hate? Seems better than Relic in terms of number of cards removed and wouldn't be a bad trade to removal at one mana.
>>
>>48975613
Relic is better because when you really need something gone (like against dredge) you can crack it and take the whole yard.
>>
>>48975613
>Seems better than Relic in terms of number of cards removed
Relic can hit their entire graveyard at once.
>and wouldn't be a bad trade to removal at one mana.
Why play a card that's relatively easily removed in the first place?
>>
>>48975613
>le bad relic with infinite upside when i have infinite mana for infinite black spells as long as this 1/1 dude survives!

dude, just pick something between relic, tormods, nihil, jailer, layline, faerie macabre, ravenous trap, etc

dont be a retard
>>
>>48975572
3/4 sounds right. And it will save me the trouble of buying Gargadons.

I'm just wondering which non-Loam/Conflagrate card I should add. The only other slots in the deck that aren't 4-ofs are singleton Haunted Dead and Collective Brutality.

>>48975539
I'm sorry for triggering your autism, anon. It must be a horrifically incapacitating sickness for your mind. I'll try to work up the courage to commit suicide for asking such a deplorable question. I hope your anger subsides and you stumble upon some shred of happiness eventually in your life.
>>
File: 149.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
149.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>48975668
Is Grafdigger's Cage OK?
>>
>>48975733
ok against what?

its ok vs nahiri, abzan company, meh against dredge, worthless against living end, etc

could you be any more vague?
>>
>>48975733
Basically, here's the problem: no one card can stop everything. Cage doesn't get rid of the yard forever, Rest in Peace requires white and might not even be fast enough to stop Dredge, and Relic only happens once.

No answer is perfect. Happy coin flipping, Anon!
>>
File: 141.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
141.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
>>48975788
If no one card can stop everything, how did Abrupt Decay ruin entire formats? People used to joke that its very printing marked the abrupt decay of the whole metagame
>>
>>48975971
I think abrupt decay should have been split second, am I rite?
>>
>>48975994
>>48975971
Why does wiz keep printing mean cards like this? its really hard to keep any of my favorite creatures alive these days, especially with awful cards like Sudden Spoiling and Abrupt decay around.

Its like, if you aren't lucky enough to have hexproof, too bad, makes it very hard to play.
>>
>>48976131
honestly all removal should just be banned.
as well as all spells that aren't creatures.
they make magic way less fun.
>>
>>48956679
*pukes in mouth*
>>
File: 66.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
66.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>48976187
I liked the god enchants in Theros, a good blend between creature and spell, these are what spells in mtg should be like, not like magic spells without a real body or a way to interact with it while its doing its thing. Stuff like Lightning Bolt, Cyclonic Rift, Remand, Fade to Antiquity, and even the planeswalkers, are just too difficult to interact with.
>>
>>48976360
Honestly Lightning Bolt is just too complex of a card. How do instants even work?
They should just make it a 3/3 for 3.
>>
File: 1466116685892.jpg (58KB, 476x750px) Image search: [Google]
1466116685892.jpg
58KB, 476x750px
So the next set, Kaladesh, takes place in Chandra's homeland.

And Chandra is a red Planeswalker.

And red = lightning bolt

So....lighting bolt reprint soon?
>>
>>48977117
No bolts forever
>>
File: 1471932431488.jpg (52KB, 247x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471932431488.jpg
52KB, 247x250px
>>48956679
Oh my god I didnt know autism like this was even possible.
>>
>>48977321
Why though?
>>
>>48957950
Spellskite. As a two of mainboard it can give you an edge against burn and infect.
>>
File: Affinity for Magic.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Affinity for Magic.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>48977360
>>48976232
That isn't very nice, could you atleast explain what you don't like about the card? Maybe you will like this card more: it seems like it would be interesting for the modern format. Do you think this would be enough to make esper a viable deck?
>>
>>48977410
One of the designers at wizards was legitimately scared that Incendiary Flow would be too strong for standard.
>>
>>48978084
But pyromancers goggles!?!??!?!?!?!
>>
>>48963248
>Threadly reminder that I will save Modern from the Dredge menace

(((Norin the Wary)))
>>
>>48962035
No Grixis Delver on the chart?
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.