[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true? Is our glorious SPIRITUAL liege, Matthiewicus Wardus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Ultramarine squad.jpg (138KB, 750x469px) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarine squad.jpg
138KB, 750x469px
Is it true?

Is our glorious SPIRITUAL liege, Matthiewicus Wardus the First, coming back? Can we finally stop having to play Codex Space Marines as only white scars if we want to be competitive?

[We all know you're tsundere for Ward.]
>>
>>48955626
>spiritual liege
>matt ward nonsense

What is this, 2010?
>>
>>48955735
It's 2016, actually.
>>
Supposedly he has a job at GW again, is going to work on Age of Sigmar and the upcoming mega-event GeeDubs has planned for 40k.
>>
>>48957108
>is going to work on Age of Sigmar
Wait... will that turn DOWN the nonsense... or will he just make one faction insanely overpowered...

or both...
>>
File: whaaat.jpg (26KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
whaaat.jpg
26KB, 433x380px
>>48957108
>mega-event GeeDubs has planned for 40k
What's this? The Eldrad stuff?
>>
>>48960306
they're probably going to do something along the lines of the age of sigmar event during the christmas season

it almost definitely won't be as cool as the eye of terror campaign, but it's going to be better than the literally nothing they've done in the past ten fucking tears
>>
>>48960333
Nice trips. They better not make my marine models obsolete. I just got a captain and 3 tactical marines from the start painting set, along with a 10man tactical marine squad ordered. I don't want Geedubz to be like "LOL you have to buy these completely new looking space marines now XDXDXD!!1!"
>>
>>48960333
>but it's going to be better than the literally nothing they've done in the past ten fucking tears
I dunno. I've seen the fluff GW has been releasing for the past 5 or 6 years and I think nothing is preferable.
>>
>>48955626
I hope that Matt Ward works at Games Workshop again. I only started playing and getting into Warhammer in 2015. I hear a lot of good stuff about him.
>>
>>48960528
Literally what was the point of this comment?
>>
>>48960607
That I'm going to be angry if the kits I just bought are invalidated. Can't you read?
>>
>>48960559
Matt Ward's first few books were hot garbage. He sank an entire edition of WHFB.

But his later books were improved and added a lot of fun, if usually stupid, content to their armies. Necrons expanded a shit-ton, Gray Knights got some stupid new toys, everyone got silly-ass special rules that were weird and interesting and fun to play with. And while his books tend to be overpowered related to other books in the edition, they tend to balance pretty well against *each other*, so he's at least consistent, unlike some (CRUDDACE)

I'll take 'somewhat busted but with actually interesting rules' over completely bland trash like the most recent Deldar codex any day, even if Matt Ward has serious problems writing coherent fluff (WOLF THE WOLF LORDS, IN THE WOLFTIME, ON WOLFS!)
>>
>>48960653
Why good sir I was sorely mistaken. I had mistaken your post for low quality and senseless shitposting. I know see that I was wrong and that you simply fear for your models. A completely justified reaction and post good sir.
>>
>>48960529
New models and some kind of community event. I'm down with that, even if I'm still fucking mad at the retcons and recent fluff.

So long as they realize the resolution of the end times was a mistake (for player retention) and learn from it, I don't think it'll be that bad.
>>
>>48960721
>even if Matt Ward has serious problems writing coherent fluff (WOLF THE WOLF LORDS, IN THE WOLFTIME, ON WOLFS!)
Kelly is to blame for the Space Yiffs' degradation
>>
Did someone say Matt Ward?
>>
File: ihasahat.png (143KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ihasahat.png
143KB, 1000x1000px
Reminder that this is canon.
>>
>>48960778
>wards back
>this won't be bad
>cos they learn from mistakes

Come onnn, September.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.