[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /tg/ so afraid of femanons playing games? Every single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 28

File: SirD5E.jpg (305KB, 1095x729px) Image search: [Google]
SirD5E.jpg
305KB, 1095x729px
Why is /tg/ so afraid of femanons playing games?

Every single time someone mentions female players, there are suddenly rivers of shit spewed about how "they just want attention" and "they're all shit roleplayers" and "they never know the rules".

I DM an all-female group, and they are some of the most solid roleplayers I know. The only problem I've ever had is when I invited a GUY to the table, and he started creepily hitting on every woman at the table (including the lesbian couple, who were very open about their relationship status).

Anyone with me on this?
>>
>inb4 300 replies

Anyway, I think it has something to do with a certain gaming journalism scandal making females in games a hot-button issue.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 500x667px
>>48926469
>>
Trolls trolling trolls. It's easy bait that gets a minority of loud and obnoxious idiots to react to it and then starts an argument when the reasonable people call them idiots.

Then again, your post is probably a bait with the exact same purpose, and it will likely have the exact same result, so good job, I guess?
>>
>>48926469
It's older than that. It's ever since being a nerd became "chic" , so now there is a questioning of authenticity in newcomers. Every subculture does it.
>>
>>48926454
No idea. None of the players in my current group are women. I've played with them before. The "That Gal" to regular woman ratio is about the same as the "That Guy" to regular man ratio in my experience.

Planning to run a game for some people who are in my grad school program with me this semester. I have one player and am looking for more. Only two of the graduate students in the department are guys, so most and maybe even all will be women.
>>
>>48926469

But that was the cancerous pit of video games, not tabletop.
>>
>>48926454
Nope, have not met a single solid roleplayer that would be a woman.
Unless freeform ERP counts, but I can't trust my judgement on that one to be objective.
>>
/tg/ is /pol/, /v/, and /b/-adjacent. Such feelings are inevitable from the sewage that seeps over, unavoidable when they're all under the same domain and linked to each other on every page.
>>
>>48926525
Key word: WAS.

The can of worms has been opened, and can never, ever, ever be unopened.
>>
>>48926497

Then again, dogshit like this which portrays a nuanced situation as one sided (regardless of which 'side' it's advocating) is also to blame for a lot of the furor going around.
>>
>>48926566
>dogshit which portrays a nuanced situation as one sided
So, every political webcomic ever?
>>
>>48926584

Pretty much, although if those views and ideas were constrained to dumb comics we'd likely be having a lot happier time in general.
>>
File: 1409952399471.gif (949KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
1409952399471.gif
949KB, 301x300px
>>48926469

I miss 2007
>>
nobody who actually plays tabletop games has an issue with women playing their tabletop games. They might have some choice stories about shitty female players, but the people who make the blanket posts about women ruining the hobby are here in the interest of fighting an internet culture war, not goblins and dark elves.
>>
>>48926626
I don't have a problem with them, and they're acting like That Guy, I'll treat them like I would a guy by telling them to knock that shit off.
>>
>>48926454
Old habits die hard I guess.
4chan as a whole was founded on "There are no girls on the Internet."
Also, being a nerd is the new "cool."
>>
>>48926707
>"There are no girls on the Internet."
Boys are boys, girls are boys and overly friendly underaged girls are FBI agents.
>>
>>48926584
Pretty much
>>
>>48926749
This is the only truth in this world.
>>
>>48926626
I do.
Every female player I've had in any of my tables has been a problematic player.
They don't read the rules,
They don't mix well with the rest of the party,
They don't focus on roleplaying and just want to lol kill things.
They don't respect schedules and pretty much show just whenever they want to.
And this is all coming from a DM who has forgiven PCs for messing up with a black dragon just because they complimented him enough.
You could say the bad female RPGer to good female RPGer is the same as males, but in my experience, it's not.
I'm pretty sure there are good female players out there, but I've never met one worth saving.
>>
File: 546194581617154.png (325KB, 1016x851px) Image search: [Google]
546194581617154.png
325KB, 1016x851px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgTDOG107Yc
>>
>>48926454
Highly doubt this happens :^)
>>
>>48926507
>Every subculture does it.

And speaking from 35 years of observing various subcultures, I'd say it's almost always at that point when the subculture starts to become a cancerous circlejerking cesspit.
>>
>>48926454
It's typically a mix of the following:
>lonely, jaded men with no girlfriends and bad past experiences
>people who are afraid of the "SJW" boogeyman
>people who are so obsessed with Internet culture that they think everything is "Reddit" or "Tumblr" out to get them
>just plain sexist people
>/v/ and /pol/ backwash
>>
>>48927001

There is always atechan

Which is fucking dead btw
>>
>>48927001
a lot of fear is that you'll get the feminazi too
>>
>>48926983
I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to keep even more toxic people from causing more drama in a community because of a lack of sincerity in the unifying hobby itself.

But yeah, I like to joke that the obsession with authenticity is killing black metal.
>>
>>48927046
And the state of things is such that people tend to cave to women's demands simply because they are women and they don't want to be accused of being sexist misogynistic pigs
>>
>>48926825
I do.
Every male player I've had in any of my tables has been a problematic player.
They don't read the rules,
They don't mix well with the rest of the party,
They don't focus on roleplaying and just want to lol kill things.
They don't respect schedules and pretty much show just whenever they want to.
And this is all coming from a DM who has forgiven PCs for messing up with a black dragon just because they complimented him enough.
You could say the bad male RPGer to good male RPGer is the same as females, but in my experience, it's not.
I'm pretty sure there are goodemale players out there, but I've never met one worth saving.

>it's almost like anecdotal evidence and generalizing entire groups of people is bullshit
>>
File: 4974541845184.png (249KB, 428x660px) Image search: [Google]
4974541845184.png
249KB, 428x660px
>>48927001
>>48927046
>>48927093

US or THEM mentality

both sides act the same they just morph words around
>>
>>48927117
It's not really. Because (at least in the US) the bias is towards giving women the benefit of the doubt. It's not a generalization, it's fact. Just look at the results of divorces for evidence of this bias. If a woman comes into our local gaming store and then left telling people all sorts of spurious things, she will be believed at least 8 out of 10 times.
>>
>>48927114
See the difference is that anon isn't making shit up to prove a point while you are.

The majority of players are male. If you have a good player, they are statistically likely to be male.
Females are a minority in rpgs for a reason. Most female in the hobby either has a relationship with someone already in the hobby or has a mental problem. Probably both.
There are innate biological differences in interests and hobbies
>>
>>48926454

Usually because they will jump into roleplaying games for the wrong reasons. Not to say they're all bad and that's the only reason but male players do it as well. Also in a mostly male group if a particular guy is fucking things up for everyone, he's going to get called out on it almost straight up and sometimes it's mid-game. If a woman does it, she might not get called out on it straight away and may even be defended by other dudes in the group leading to further drama.

Now if it was an all female group and some girl started fucking things up i'm sure she'd get called out almost immediately by the other female players too, but if it was a guy in the same place then he may not get necessarily called out straight away as they either sit in awkward silence and uneasiness until the other players form a conglomerate outside of the game to discuss the problem and what to do.
>>
>>48927260
>There are innate biological differences in interests and hobbies

source please
>>
>>48927314
Wasn't there some gender studies in Sweden that showed that biological males were more likely to gravitate towards toys usually associated with boys?
>>
>>48927314
Common fucking sense.
With all the push for women equality and coming down with the hammer of god on "sexism" in industry, you honestly believe that the reason women aren't going out in droves to work on oil rigs,go into STEM, be construction workers, garbagemen and any number of other "manly" jobs is because sexism?
>>
>>48927298
Winner winner winner. Shut down the thread, he's got it.

The problem isn't "LE GRILLS SUX AT GAMEZ AMIRITE", it's that interrelationships between the sexes behave different than with the same sex.

In an otherwise all-male group, the female player is special. In an otherwise all-female group, and male player is special.

And since there's a majority of male gamers, we see the first scenario far more than we see the second. That's why there's this false perception that women are terrible players.

They aren't.

There are just too many creepy betas that can't treat women like normal people. They can't call the horrible female players out on their shit.

It's fucked up. And it causes this idea that women = bad players.

Why the fuck would women automatically be bad players? Is there some female gene that causes them to act like Mary Sues? No, you idiot. There isn't.

It's sociological.
>>
>>48926566
While what you are saying is true for many situations, Gamergate is literally the least nuanced that Trump's general election campaign. Either a fledgling movement about ethics in journalism was completely co-opted, or it was tacked on as an afterthought to angry spergs. You'd think they would have learned their lesson with Anita.
>>
>>48927418
There are women in oil rigs.
There are women in STEM.
There are women that are construction workers.
There are women that are garbagemen.

The reason there isn't a 50/50 split of sexes is because society still has gender-specific expectations on what men and women are supposed to do as jobs. It's getting better, but it is in no way going to change overnight.

Maybe in 100 years, the split will be 50/50. I know that in the sci-fi games I GM, I make the split 50/50.
>>
File: 1427852497281.gif (266KB, 241x238px) Image search: [Google]
1427852497281.gif
266KB, 241x238px
>>48927498
>>
File: 1471761023025.gif (4MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471761023025.gif
4MB, 250x250px
>>48927498
>The reason there isn't a 50/50 split of sexes is because society still has gender-specific expectations on what men and women are supposed to do as jobs.
And why are there different expectations?
Really makes you think
>>
>>48926454
>Every single time someone mentions female players, there are suddenly rivers of shit spewed about how "they just want attention" and "they're all shit roleplayers" and "they never know the rules".

You just answered your own question you turd
>>48926550
Because theirs no way all these opinions could be based on previous experiences, right?
>>
>>48927418
China
>>
>>48927260
>The majority of players are male. If you have a good player, they are statistically likely to be male.
And if you have a bad player, they are statistically likely to be male.
>>
>>48927498
>>48927418
Most women don't want to get dirty or do manual labor. This is not a recent thing. There are always exceptions to any argument, of course, but this has been the trend throughout recorded history.

Is it because they're raised that way? Sure, maybe. However, there's also a natural reason why boys gravitate more towards masculine things and girls gravitate more towards feminine things: it appeals to their senses.

In any case, it's all just a huge blend of upbringing, tradition, culture, natural senses, and countless other factors. There is definitely sexual discrimination in the world, but you can't blame it all on that. Women don't work in certain fields because they just don't want to do it.
>>
>>48927260
>Most female in the hobby either has a relationship with someone already in the hobby or has a mental problem. Probably both.

>tells other people to stop making up shit
>makes up his own shit
>>
>>48926454

I am a player in one group and a DM for two.

My favorite group is the smallest group, which consists of two girls. I run Call of Cthulhu and they're both pretty sharp. We usually play about six hours and can clear about half an act of one of the published mega-campaigns in that time. It's the kind of group where everyone at the table cares as much about the characters they meet and the way we all interact to create a good story, while at the same time the focus stays mission-oriented and there are plenty of awesome dice-based moments as well.

Middle of the road group is my regular 3.5 group. They're more creative than to name EVERY character a stupid uncreative but temporarily amusing meme name (oneshots being the exception, obvious reasons) and they get along well enough and there's jokes to keep it from getting too serious so it's one of the better groups I have taken part in.

My least favorite group (but don't let me give you the wrong idea, I still really enjoy it) is the nine-man, one DM campaign. I'm mercifully a player in this one. DM's totally green and constantly relies on me for DMing advice (which I'm fine with honestly), had a railroading problem but I talked to him in private about it and he was really chill, apparently not gonna happen again, but his real mistake was inviting so many people to his first ever D&D game. The game he's trying to run seems fine, and everyone's character concepts are a nice blend of fun and serious, which is essential for any RP campaign, but things have a tendency to get bogged down because half the players are also new. So they'll oftentimes ask him something to clarify within the rules. So he asks me their something. So I either answer him or Google it and then answer him. He looks at the player and asks what they'd like to do in light of the information. Fun resumes. Most of the time this is fine. The other problem I have is spotlight hogs. That's MY spotlight. Bitch.
>>
>>48927589

Manual labor sucks.

Thank God for robots.
>>
>>48926469

Anita Sakeesian as set the women's movement back further than any misogynist in history.
>>
>>48926525
Only people within the subcultures make the distinction. To everyone else, we're all just gamers.
>>
>>48927418
>go into STEM
Women are a solid majority of S students, literally every field is the same at this point, it's only in IT and Engineering shit that men are a majority.
>>
>>48927542
Because in the dawn of time, men hunted for food and women cared for babies. It was just how the different sexes were designed.

Men can become physically stronger than women much more easily, and often are. Women are fully-equipped (breast milk, instincts) to care and nurse for infants, something vital to the survival of a species. Back then, women were too valuable to be spearing mammoths.

That just kind of stayed the same for a long while. Women took care of children, men worked. Men were just more expendable than women.

Now, it's 2016. We don't have to hunt for our food. Men can care for babies just as well as women can, thanks to formula and parenting books. There's no need for traditional gender roles to stay in effect. I mean, they were very useful when they were needed. But they aren't needed anymore.

Society is slow to change, though. Things don't happen overnight. But eventually we can get rid of dumb fucking sexist idiots like you.
>>
>>48927623
She didn't do any damn thing you cockgarbling autist, she would be a minor blogger nobody cares about if it wasn't for /v/'s tantrum.
>>
>>48927623

Yeah it's nice to live in a world of goodies and baddies and you don't have to think about anything
>>
>>48927669
>Because in the dawn of time
See me after class.
>>
>>48927614
I'm going by my own experiences, feel free to ignore.
But I know myself and a few others tried ttrpg from a vacuum just deciding "lets try this shit out" one day.
While the females it's all because they had boyfriend who was already playing.
>>
>>48927676
>cockgarbling

I'm trying to picture it but... garbling?
>>
>>48927669
>designed

Go back to bed, Ken Ham.
>>
>>48927700
It's a turn of phrase, you imbecile.
>>
>>48927623
>Anita Sakeesian

Actually she was a nothing and a nobody, some minor blogger that no-one outside of her social media echo chamber ever bothered with. Then the Gamergatetards decided they were going to go to "war" with her, and suddenly she's the international expert on sexism in gaming and a pop cultural icon. Good work there lads.
>>
>>48927691
>Shit no one said

Do you make shit up to look smart to yourself? Or to anyone else? How's that working out for you?
>>
>>48927718
designed by the process of evolution, asswipe.
>>
>>48927710
meant to say gargling
>>
>>48927676
>She didn't do any damn thing you cockgarbling autist, she would be a minor blogger nobody cares about if it wasn't for /v/'s tantrum.
That's false. She literally falseflagged herself hard enough to get popular. But she did setback the movement it is what it is because of her.
>>
>>48927730
Don't blame me! I showed up late. By the time I was learning about her, she was already telling the UN that men should be prosecuted based purely on the accusation of sexual misconduct because no woman would ever lie...
>>
>>48927669
>Society is slow to change, though. Things don't happen overnight. But eventually we can get rid of dumb fucking sexist idiots like you.
Yeah it's called evolution. Meanwhile, in the Year of Our Lord 2016, male and female evolved to have different innate interests and that hasn't changed.
>muh sexism
Doesn't change reality, kid
>>
>>48927740
Ooh... damn it. I like garbling better. Do you think that when some ancient dudes were sitting around inventing English, they came up with the words first or the meanings? Because I think we garbling needs a meaning... that can be applied to cocks, of course.
>>
>>48927748
>muh falseflag
pls go, /v/irgin
>>
>>48927589
>Most women don't want to get dirty or do manual labor
>Women don't work in certain fields because they just don't want to do it.
>women aren't going out in droves to work on oil rigs,go into STEM, be construction workers, garbagemen

Are you guys fucking idiots? Who the hell wants to do manual labor? It's awful. Are you seriously telling me that you want nothing more than to work on an oil rig?

Women don't want to work on oil rigs or be garbagemen. Neither do men. Nobody does. They're shit jobs, and most have high casualty rates.

>inb4 no comeback
>>
>>48927614
it's true tho.
I can only recall one or two instances, where a woman came into the hobby on her own that I met. And one of these I only guess, because I never asked.
Every other woman came into the hobby either because she had a boyfriend doing it - or because she had a big brother doing it.

The latter are usually the better ones, mostly, since they join up out of enjoyment. Siblings know each other, know what they enjoy, and they give each other shit.

Girls who join because their boyfriend is playing are usually either fucked in the head and doing it to excert some control over his bro-time, or they're attention whores.
>>
>>48927730

There's a name for that, it's called the Streisand Effect.
>>
>>48927647
And even that's true only in the west. In south and Central Asia it's nearly 50/50 across the board in STEM labor markets, and even in "manly" jobs there are a lot more women.
>>
File: large.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>>48927769
>literally making no sense
>grasping at straws this hard
>>
HEY GUYS HEY GUYS

>anecdotal evidence about how the ONE time I met a grill during tabletop she was kind of annoying

SO YOU SEE ALL FEMALES ARE TERRIBLE ATTENTION WHORES WHO SHOULDN'T EVER PLAY GAMES
>>
>>48927796
The people who usually uphold manual labor as superior aren't the ones doing the manual labor.

It's also dumb, women were manual laborers from the beginning of the industrial reolution.
>>
>>48927646
That is... fabulously untrue.

Videogames are the mainstreamest of mainstream.
They control a market comparable in size to movies.
I'd bet that among newer generations, more people have played video games than have heard of D&D.

Tabletop gaming is not even ballpark related to flashy videogames in the minds of most.
It remains niche, weird, and entirely distinct.
>>
>>48927797
Nobody comes in all on their own, though. Hell, I got into the hobby because some guy got me into it (no homo... he was my cousin and I was 12... YOUNGER cousin so no pedo, either!).

Specifically, the issie is when they come into the game becasue they want to be near (read: in control) of their boyfriend's every moment and if he is having fun without her, even for a minute, then she's not the center of his very being.

THAT is the problem.
>>
>>48927820
Do you agree instinct is genetic? ( Of course you do, otherwise you're a retard and there is no point in continuing this discussion. )
Do you agree that instinct influences behavior?

Congratulations, you literally agree with what I've been saying.
If you don't, the explain to me why and how spiders spin webs so consistently between species, how birds just 'know' to learn how to fly, or how literally any dumb animal at all bothers to reproduce.

This is beyond common sense. At this point you're just denying reality because of ideology.
>>
>>48927851
Exactly. Anyone who is a manual laborer is one out of necessity. When you run out of men... you move onto women to do manual labor.

See: female factory workers during WWII.
>>
>>48927849
If everyone is posting evicence, it starts to lose its anecdotal status. Unless we get evidence to the converse with equal frequency.
>>
>>48927863
Man, I hate dudebros. I know due to the fact that video games for whatever reason had to gain movie level budgets. It was ridiculous how many people hop on and try to talk to about video games when they only know CoD.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 598x495px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 598x495px
>>48926454
Because girls are scary.
>>
>>48927863
You know... I suppose that's true these days. I stand corrected, anon. Thanks for not calling me a retard, autist or a cockgarbler.
>>
On a lighter note from the rest of this thread I've actually had a really good experience with women at the table!
My group now consists of two women and three guys and everything is pretty cool, the guys tend to focus more on the combat and the two women are pretty into puzzles and the social side of things which all in all makes for a nicely rounded group.
I think the only time I've come across a bad player who was a woman was when I was still in Upper school and some guy brought his girlfriend along and she was kinda disinterested, but then that's a typical kinda scenario when people bring their partners along.
>>
>>48927882

Are you implying that men are evolutionarily more inclined to roll dice and pretend to be elves around a table with a bunch of their friends?

Tell me, which strand of DNA influences the "tabletop" instinct?
>>
>>48927849
Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world; all knowledge of reality starts from experience and end in it
>>
>>48927893
All generalizations are untrue.
>>
>>48926454
>some individuals post stupid opinions on 4chan
who would have thought
>>
>>48927882
>instinct is genetic
Stick to singing about your own ignorance, Sam Cooke
>>
>>48927929
Men are more inclined to competition, games, and concrete rules.
Tabletop RPGs derived from wargames.
A form of competition.

Why are people so willing to be revisionists to match reality to their ideology instead of matching their ideology to reality?
>>
>>48927975
>Instinct is not genetic
As opposed to...?
If you're going to make a counterargument, you could at least actually write a rebuttal instead of just ad homming and saying I'm wrong.
>>
>>48927863
/tg/ stuff is 17% the revenue of video games. It's not a tiny fraction.
>>
>>48927913
>Good experiences with femanons.

Met a girl who was a gamer. Her brother had introduced her to it. We hit it off. Married. She continued to play until we had our first kid but stopped so I could keep playing.

I was/am the GM and she knew if I stopped, the entire group would fall apart...how's THAT for a keeper and a good experience?

Still gaming. She's still cool with it. She's wanting me to start a family game. My kids are definitely old enough and the few times we've played similar games (like Descent) they really got into it.
>>
>>48927983

Because if you erase everyone who does not believe in your ideology, then your ideology becomes the new reality.
>>
>100 replies in an hour

Fuck politics

fuck you fucking faggots in this thread
>>
>>48928017
Until it meets a hard science wall like biology.
>>
>>48928001
As allowed to social dynamics are just instincts you moron.
>>
>>48928061
Social dynamics ARE mostly instinct, at the very least sub-conscious.

It's well known that the majority of communication is in body language, most of which is instinct and automatic ( why is a smile friendly while scowls and frowns feel hostile? )
>>
>>48928015
Congrats man!
Family games are pretty cool if you can get them started.
>>
>>48928059

Even hard science can be overwritten by feelings and special interests. Science is subject to the environment it is formed in. Just look at all the climate change arguments and conspiracies about medical companies withholding medicine because treating the symptom makes more money than a cure.
>>
>>48928108
>subconscious body language
You are a full fledged retard or highschooler to think this.
>>
>>48928124
I mean to say is, we can ignore reality all we want, it still will bite us on the ass whether or not you believe it.
>>
>>48926454
Honestly? I think that the people who have bad experiences with tabletop games are the primary ones to speak up with their tales. trainwrecks and tales of horror are more entertaining, and we all are more prone to share the ones we have. For my part, I've had nothing but good experiences with the quality of players across the board.
>>
>>48927647

Having met the kind of people in IT and Engineering, I wouldn't want to work in those fields either.

And I don't think I could stand it with those kinds of people potentially interested in me sexually.
>>
>>48928155

That I can agree on.
>>
>>48928146
Are you an autist who has to consciously make an effort to smile when they are happy or frown when they are upset?
No it's impossible an autist couldn't possibly be as retarded as you.

Next you'll be saying smiling when happy is a social construct.
>>
>>48927786

"Garbling" generally refers to something messing up. A message that comes through as something that someone might misunderstand (video feed as static, audio as static and audiofuckups).

Essentially, the initial post that prompted the "cockgarbling" post chain can itself be argued as an example of a "garbled" transmission because the intent was to convey "cockgargling" instead.
>>
>>48928111
Thanks! Actually celebrated our wedding 24th anniversary tonight.
>>
>>48927498
you have yet to present why a 50/50 split is desirable
>>
>>48928253
So... if Negan takes Lucille to someone's nethers, that would be one messed up dick... thus a cockgarbling. Got it!
>>
>>48928302
I think the only desirability would be to end the "Equal Pay" nonsense. If everyone's doing the same jobs, then you can truly make a comparison. But when you're trying to compare a population that routinely finds itself (by choice or necessity) in a dangerous but high-paying job, you don't have people in other jobs trying to compare their earnings on a 1:1 ratio.

There's enough logic there that it shouldn't actually be necessary... but, apparently, it is.
>>
>>48928348
that's a poor distraction attempt and you have not described why a 50/50 split is desirable

"earnings" are not "wages"
wages for the same job ARE the same
earnings are not, due to personal choices
>>
>>48928227
>Next you'll be saying smiling when happy is a social construct.
Only two types of people smile: idiots and Americans
>>
>>48927623
She's an idiot who was relevant for half a year before the world stopped caring. She has zero political power.
>>
>>48928375
Call it what you like. It's the only reason I can think of. Otherwise I'm with you. There's no real reason to desire a 50/50 split among genders in every job.

The split is currently not equal and there is an apparent disparity in earning between the genders. Logic offers an explanation but if you end the talking point, what will the talkers do? So they refuse. The only way to make it unrefusable is to ensure the comparison is absolutely equal.

It'd never be more than a thought experiment, really... unless society goes (even) crazier.
>>
>>48928428
One can only hope... but she still draws/scams enough money and has enough supporters that she hasn't completely faded into obscurity.
>>
>>48928434
>and there is an apparent disparity in earning
and there is no reason to care, its EARNINGS
earnings don't need to be equal

not to mention females control more money, in stocks, and household accounts, and spend more than males anyway
if they wanted to have equal EARNINGS then they would actually lose their retained money
>>
>>48928381
Some... MANY are both.
>>
>>48927903
This is probably the most constructive thing we're getting out of this thread.
>>
>>48928381
>Americans are the only happy people in world

God bless. Hail Satan.
>>
>>48928465
My friendanon, you and I agree. I'm not trying to explain why it IS. I'm trying to explain what they SAY IT IS.
>>
>>48927983
>tabletop RPGs
>competitive
You have a shitty group anon
>>
>>48928484
ok but speak for yourself then

speaking for others is their stitch, and their entire moral superiority is derived from it

and they don't need anyone repeating their uninformed drivel anyway
>>
>>48928506
You are LITERALLY competing against the GM to see if you can overcome the challenges they designed.
Fucking retard.
>>
>>48928478
>ironic shitpost
>constructive
>>
>>48928509
Well.. I did. I said "I think..." and I added that there SHOULD be enough logic that it shouldn't be a consideration but logic wasn't working.
>>
>>48928524
By comparison.
>>
>>48928521
challenges are not competitions
>>
>>48928521
So why doesn't every GM throw tarrasques at you until you die? Seems much more efficient then throwing weak mobs at a party so they can level up.
>>
Fuck modern /tg/ being a hyper-liberal SJW hugbox.

I sincerely hope every one of you and everyone related to you gets cancer.
>>
>>48928465

... ...

The problem isn't that women get payee less for the same work.

The issue is that given that women are 50% of people, you would expect to see more women in more leadership positions (which is where the money is).

Why is this the case?

The general theory is toxic environments.

Why should companies care? Because throwing out a top percentage woman for a top 10% man gets you shittier leaders, because you have filtered for ability to deal with toxic, when that isn't what makes you money.
>>
Girls are hardwired to be generally more interested in human faces and men are hardwired to be more interested in systems, again generally.

Did you know the more progressive a country is the greater the divide will be in gender roles as far as employment goes?
>>
>>48927789
>>48927736
>>48927719
>>48927820
>>48927975
>>48928146
SJWs detected.
>>
>>48928531
ok sure

Look I realize the irony of tone policing, but seriously strike the word "SHOULD" and speaking for anyone else from your toolbox, because its the source of the modern sjw/pc bullshit

To avoid their pitfall, talk about what is, and only speak for yourself
>>
>>48928548
Because competitions are done for fun.
Getting one sided curb stomped isn't fun, one sided curb stomping isn't much more fun either
>>
>>48926454
>opinions incoming

>/tg/ is traditionally a male hobby. Grognards hate change. Do the math.
or:
>Since it's become "trendy" to be SO NERDY LMAO XD ;))), lots of shitty players, male and female, have spewed in. Some people falsely associated the problem with women instead of with BBT-watching mouthbreathers.
or:
>some people just had bad experiences
>>
>>48928561
you have still yet to describe why 50/50 is desirable

until anyone shows this, nothing following that absence is relevant
>>
Watch the gender equality paradox documentary series on YouTube. It's really good, and talks about the new movement where people refuse to believe the science of gender differences
>>
>>48928561
>The problem isn't that women get payee less for the same work.
Literally 100% untrue, not to mention illegal. Actually, 7/10 times they get paid MORE for the same job.

They work less hours overall, take more vacations, seek less promotion, and don't put in as much overtime as men, which is why on AGGREGATE, they EARN less. They are not PAID less.

>you would expect to see more women in more leadership positions (which is where the money is).
No, I'd expect to see who ever is qualified. You can't get 50/50 leadership positions unless you get 50% of all garbagemen, sewer workers, contractors, and arctic crab fishermen being women too.

But they don't want those jobs. They want to go earn Gender Studies degrees instead. I'm sorry, you can't be in a leadership position with a Gender Studies degree. Period.

>Why is this the case?
Because women make different life choices.

>The general theory is toxic environments.
There is no evidence to support that hypothesis, so it's not a theory.

>Because throwing out a top percentage woman for a top 10% man gets you shittier leaders,
Except what would happen is you throw out the best man for the job to put an unqualified woman in the position to fill a quota.
>>
>>48928586

I should say, FUCK YOU!

FUCK YOU
>>
>>48928588
Then why does D&D exist at all
"Hey guys, let's make a competitive game where one of the players is basically God, and give them a shitton of monsters to use, but expect them not to use them. Oh, and let's write a bunch of plot into modules, even though the only objective is to complete the dungeon!"
>>
>>48928606
>you have still yet to describe why 50/50 is desirable

It's not. They want equality of both opportunity, and outcome. You can't have both.

Either everyone has the same opportunity, and you only take the best candidate, or people don't have the same opportunity, because once a position hits 50% men, only women will be hired, regardless of their qualifications.
>>
>>48928588
DM's are not the peers of PC's due to the powers they have respectivly agreed to

therefore it will be a curbstomp by one side due to not pulling punches

by your own argument then it is not a competition
>>
>>48927719
No, it's bad grammar.
It's pretty common for people who use your sort of silly reductive non-logic.
"I called you a sexist, so you're evil by default and I can be as awful to you as I want because of my morally superior position!"

Honestly, anon probably just disagrees with you. He's yet to say anything out-and-out sexist.
>>
>>48928586
Strike the presumptive condescension from your toolbox because you're looking like a tool.

I was speaking for myself. Last I checked, this isn't a venue for you to hold court or have a private conversation no one else can join. If you don't like people joining, email yourself.
>>
>>48928606

Null hypothesis, men and women are roughly equal in mental/leadership roles, given less social pressure.

This is born out in my family and friends, comparing males to females.

While 50/50 may be impossible, I am willing to get, eh at 60/40 split, because 4th vs 6th is probably close enough.
>>
>>48928636
You were a lot clearer in expressing my feelings but I thought I'd maintain a modicum of politeness. Regardless, many thanks.
>>
D&D was competitive in the aspect of pc's vs the scenario. The DM was a referee not the opposition.
>>
>>48928648
>They want equality of both opportunity, and outcome. You can't have both.
I agree you can't have both

The CLAIM to want it, when they make that claim it is always in their benefit, and omits the larger picture

In my opinion they don't give a crap about equality either way, they only care about their own self-interest to everyone else's detriment, and are incompetent to see their movements collapse due to "boy who cried wolf" in the long run
>>
>>48928648

Your assumption is that everyone has equality of outcome now.

Given the shit girls get for likely traditionally male things (like cars) and historical and current punishments for female assertiveness, I would say that is
>>
>>48928680
>men and women are roughly equal in mental/leadership roles, given less social pressure.
Then why are the overwhelming majority of societies patriarchal?
If they were roughly equal surely you would be seeing a far more even split as men would be forced to acknowledge women make just as effective leaders as men and prefer to elect effective women over ineffective men over time or fail to compete against societies who do elect effective women over ineffective men
>>
>>48928680
>Null hypothesis, men and women are roughly equal in mental/leadership roles, given less social pressure.

Literally not how society works. Again, men tend not to go into social sciences, nursing, or youth care/education.

Women tend not to go into physical labor, military, and high-risk jobs.

You cannot force this imbalance to be corrected. But you don't seem to want to, you only want LEADERSHIP to be equal, which makes no sense.
>>
>>48928707
How about you go fuck yourself until the answer pops into your ass.
>>
>>48928707
wat?
>>
File: America dunks on you.jpg (367KB, 1118x1666px) Image search: [Google]
America dunks on you.jpg
367KB, 1118x1666px
>>48928381
>being this butthurt about your lack of FREEDOM
>>
male on female rape should be legal
>>
>>48928707
>Your assumption is that everyone has equality of outcome now.

That's irrelevant. You don't want equality of outcome. You want mandatory quotas.

But even addressing the point, prove it. How is someone "getting shit" a prevention of them achieving their goals? If you liked fashion and someone made fun of you for not being "masculine", and you give up on trying to earn that career YOU ARE THE FAILURE, not society.
>>
>>48928680
>Null hypothesis
thats not the null hypothesis, and even if you used it, it would not apply to a fucking social arbitration
>>
>>48928719

Christianity got male dominated and dominated the world.

Societies are not independent.
>>
>>48928748
No.
>>
Girlfriend's that get brought along and don't play.
>>
>>48928754

Then what the fuck is the null hypothesis?
>>
>>48928760
Aren't East Asian societies generally patriarchal?
>>
>>48928680
>men and women are roughly equal in mental/leadership roles
>This is born out in my family and friends
Flat assertion is not supported by fucking anecdote you dunce

>given less social pressure.
what the hell does this line mean?
because if you think less social pressure is an accurate simulation for LEADERSHIP you're a double dunce
>>
>>48928751

Because society can't fuck up ever.

And peer pressure isn't a thing.
>>
>>48928751
Exactly. It's like the sjw's think women are weaker and can't handle something unless it's advertised as being women friendly AND is ultra welcoming.
>>
SJW agenda is a lot like religion:

It is literally incapable of being defended/argued honestly, and requires intense logical fallacy, intentional distortion of facts, and a refusal to understand or learn new ideas or concepts in order to maintain.
>>
>>48928628
>Literally 100% untrue, not to mention illegal. Actually, 7/10 times they get paid MORE for the same job.
I have seen a lot of people say this, but the only thing that is untrue is the 70% (and change) number while direct weekly earnings for full-time employees is at 80% (and change) after graduation from college - and about a 7% increase in the gap after 10 years that is unaccounted for after correcting for lifestyle changes.

I mean, the commonly cited statistics are too extreme but I can find anyone that says the reverse is true.
>>
>>48928628
Anon, I agree with everything you're saying, but I gotta ask: Do you REALLY think you're going to change the mind of a social justice ideologue on the internet?
The whole point of ideologies like social justice is that it functions less like a school of thought and more like a religion or cult.
Might as well kick in the door of an Evangelical church and try to convince them to be atheists. You're going to accomplish about as much as this, but it'd at least be funny. Trying to convince SJWs to stop being crazy isn't even funny anymore--it's just tiring and saddening. You can't fix stupid.
>>
>>48928788

Fuck if I know.
>>
>>48928550

Hey dude, I hate to break this to you, GG died, it failed, Gawker only went down because a rich guy helped another rich guy sue the bullshit out of them, GG has the impact in bringing down Gawker as a single flea on a dogs ass.

Also women still work in the industry, time to get over it.
>>
>>48928760

Except it was patriarchal long before Christianity was a thing
>>
>>48928826
>Because society can't fuck up ever.
Compared to what? "Fuck up" implies there's some objective standard to measure it against. If I should be walking straight, and instead I turn left, that's fucking up. Society just operating in the way it naturally progresses is not "fucking up".

>And peer pressure isn't a thing.
Why are you looking for a way to blame personal failure on external factors? You failed. You, no one else. No one "made" you do anything. You failed.
>>
>>48928839
>kick in the door of an Evangelical church and try and convince them to be atheists
Actually, please do that and post it to Youtube. I need a good chuckle.
>>
>>48928839
>Do you REALLY think you're going to change the mind of a social justice ideologue on the internet?
No. See >>48928832

I'm just bored after D&D and feel like telling that guy he's a retard.
>>
>>48926454
Females outnumber males in my circle of friends and players. Unsurprisingly, no one in the group gets pants-on-head retarded about this. I have yet to meet someone who does.

Maybe it's just you.
>>
Everyone is accusing everyone of being in a cult.

/s Everyone is correct in this /s
>>
>>48928889
where? citation please
quote links exist for a reason
>>
>>48928849
Not him, but sjw's aren't winning either. Turns out people don't like it when people on both sides of a culture war bitch about stupid shit in what's supposed to be enjoyable free time.
>>
>>48928889
>/s Everyone is correct in this /s
>/s
i never thought i would see an actual shill
>>
File: 1471671520246.jpg (7KB, 145x162px) Image search: [Google]
1471671520246.jpg
7KB, 145x162px
>>48926454
>femanons
>>
>>48928914
>both sides

irl people don't know anything about GG
irl people hate the shit out of sjw's
>>
>>48928926
Now there's a good point.

Never recruit anyone from /tg/.
>>
>>48926454
Its easy to tell which ones are actual good players as opposed to attention whores.
Attention whores attract idiots, when the people who actually want to play the fucking game kick the idiots and attention whores out, the idiots go away and in their void comes hordes of whiteknights.
Since the attention whores are attention whores they will whine about how evil and misogynistic the players are on normiebook causing their annoying friends to agree for more attention and random neckbeards the attention whore went to the same high school/college/whatever will agree becaus ethey think they will somehow get laid from it.
Depending on the region, liberal hipsters will also whiteknight simply because between taking sad selfies, attending gender studies, and hitting on 12 year olds from tumblr, they have nothing better to do then try to seem like the most kind and caring cucks on the side of the planet.
>inb4 stupid bullshit
Thats how it is. Dont cry about it, its not my fault that some parents were too busy getting high to hit their spoiled little shits.
>>
File: nogrills.png (100KB, 1254x261px) Image search: [Google]
nogrills.png
100KB, 1254x261px
Because they change the dynamics of an established group
It's also why mixed combat roles is dumb as fuck since it destroys unit cohesion - google it you lazy fucks

That and usually, but not always, have a superficial enjoyment of a hobby.
Autists and Neckbeard are just as bad, but they're easier to spot
>>
>>48928940
>implying he doesnt want boipussi to play TT with
>>
>>48928936
More like irl some people hate the vague notion of "the PC police"

That shit is like a beacon for "I only watch cable news and I sometimes call people niggers"
>>
File: why that's bullshit.jpg (285KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
why that's bullshit.jpg
285KB, 720x720px
>>48928707
>>48928835
There is a gender gap in earnings.
The thing is, that's not actually a problem.
Earnings aren't wages. Different wages based on identitarian characteristics is already illegal. Different earnings based on various factors is how basic, normal workplace competition works.

Basically, the system works best if you get rid of the quotas and bullshit.

Equality of outcome ruins societies--that's literally the goal of failed ideologies like Communism.

Equality of opportunity is the secret sauce that makes strongly egalitarian societies basically magic in a socio-economic sense. Equality of opportunity got mankind to the moon, cures diseases, and by god, it gave us rock n roll.

Equality of outcome is impossible unless you force it to happen, and you can't ever do that by lifting up the least among people because, let's face it, some people just aren't as good as others.
That's why all ideologies that follow the 'outcomes must be equal' mantra are always trying to tear people down: Communists and SJWs are the best examples, but I'm sure that people itt can produce more if need be.
>>
>>48927796
But I like lanscaping.. in florida no less and yes I'm white too. It's a rewarding job I get good exercise everyday and get to see everything I've accomplished every single day and it tires me out good so I can fall asleep east at night. What's not to like?
>>
>>48928916
/pol/ was right again
>>
>>48928872
That's what I'm sayin'
At least that one would be a bit funny, if pointless.
Trying to convince SJWs to stop being crazy is pointless but not even a little funny.
>>
>>48928940
Sure let's just ignore the inherent lack of logic in claiming one can both specify themselves for the sake of exclusive benefits whilst also reaping the rewards of the collectivity of anonymity.
>>
>>48927796
>he has a postage stamp sized lawn
Go get fit you worthless bastard
>>
>>48929001
Seeing SJWs react to criticism isn't just not funny, it's genuinely terrifying.
>>
>ask people for proof or evidence
>"Well, in my experience..."
>"What happened to me was..."

Can you people really not think outside of what happens to just YOU? It's not hard. Just because all the girls you meet are dumb doesn't mean all girls are dumb.

There's a lot of bad and stupid tabletop gamers. Most tabletop gamers are male. Guess it's time to start saying that men shouldn't play tabletop because there's so many bad ones.
>>
>>48928916
You'd be surprised how many there are on 4chan these days.
Any subject that even sort of matters to people has paid shills and marketers working 4chan and reddit now.
Source: I have a side hustle as a professional meme creator.
That's 'meme' in the original meaning, not the stupid-internet-joke meaning.
I've been part of that game before.
>>
>>48928982
>A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders

>Perhaps certain qualities are an inseparable part of human nature.

>The mark of the educated man is the suppression of these qualities in favor of better ones. The same is true of civilization.

Deus Ex was right in so many ways.
>>
>>48929036
some days I just want to be a robot SO BAD
>>
>>48928982
Lol, OK kid. You keep repeating the Internet to me.
>>
>>48929029
Yeah, that's my point.
Saddening and terrifying.
I'm only 25 and I'm already starting to feel old, in a "Kids these days are crazy" kind of way.
>>
>>48927647

Fun fact: in Iraq prior to the US invasion, IT classes had a large female majority, so much that they started to introduce some affirmative action rules to get male students in. IT was seen as a female occupation.
That went out fast after the bombs started dropping and then the Iranian looneys took control of most of the country and started throwing acid in the faces of girls who went out unescorted. So thanks for that, George Bush.
>>
>>48929032

dude your going to have to make your bait a bit more coherent and along a single thought

because every time you post your baits, they cross streams, and no one falls for it
>>
>>48929059
Do you know why people keep repeating the same thing to you?
It's because you don't listen.
>>
>>48929059
Damn, you sure refuted his points there.
>>
File: Business.jpg (61KB, 341x504px) Image search: [Google]
Business.jpg
61KB, 341x504px
>>48929059
>dismissive smugness
>vague nonsense 'you're just a troll' implication
Whatever you say, you commie anti-egalitarian loser.
I'm going to keep working hard to be successful so I don't need a cultish ideological religion based on imagined oppression to make myself feel good at the end of the day.
You should try it.

I mean, if you think you can suffer through the INDIGNITY of dealing with all those hard-working FUCKING WHITE MALE CISHETS in the real world.
>>
>>48929120
Hey now, you don't have to respond to his *tips fedora*-level response with hardcore ad hominem.
>>
>>48928916

How is not knowing proper 4chan syntax evidence of shill?

Also, who the fuck would pay for this?
>>
Dumb virgins
>>
>>48929059
What, no smug anime face?
>>
>>48929036
My memory of Deus Ex is kind of vague due to the years, but... yeah. I don't see anything there I disagree with.
I might be a bit of an 'extreme' egalitarian, I guess, as much as it's possible to be.

I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want them to be judged based on what they are--race, sex, religious creed, etc--instead of who they are--you know, the content of their character.

I can't count how many times I've said "I want people to be judged not by the cut of the cloth or the color of their skin, but by the content of their character" and been called a horrible racist white male shitlord.
The sad irony is palpable, even in this thread.
>>
>>48929135
>How is not knowing proper 4chan syntax evidence of shill?

holy crap you're just digging that hole deeper
>>
>>48929072
Okay?
What's that got to do with the thread?
>>
>>48929076
That was the first time I posted? Sorry that you think somebody who doesn't align with how your way of thinking is baiting.
>>
My group is exactly 50% male, 50% female.
>>48926825
>Every female player I've had in any of my tables has been a problematic player.
I'm sorry for that.
>They don't read the rules,
In my group, the player that's the most knowledgeable about lore is also female.
>They don't mix well with the rest of the party,
It's probably harder to mix well as the only female in a group whose DM judges you based on your sex. Never happened to me probably because we're 50% female.
>They don't focus on roleplaying and just want to lol kill things.
Never was an issue for us.
>They don't respect schedules and pretty much show just whenever they want to.
Well, we have "that gal". At least it's not intentional.
>And this is all coming from a DM who has forgiven PCs for messing up with a black dragon just because they complimented him enough.
Not really the same thing.
>You could say the bad female RPGer to good female RPGer is the same as males, but in my experience, it's not.
Generalisation from a small sample size is almost always bad.
>I'm pretty sure there are good female players out there, but I've never met one worth saving.
Want one of mine?
>>
>>48929172
I think you're baiting because it had 2 separate and contradictory inflammatory statements
>>
>>48929180
>Want one of mine
What, they're just some sort of commodity to you? Shitlord.
>>
>>48926566
>nuanced
I see which side you stand on.
>>
>>48929131
It's only an ad hominem if you're using it to try and prove a point, my friend.
I'm not trying to prove a point there because he's shown no indication of caring about engaging people who don't share his worldview.

I was just calling him a loser because he's against individual achievement, and I think it's important to point that kind of nonsense out when it crops up. Failing to point out backward thinking like that when it was still socially unacceptable is a big part of why being anti-egalitarian and, dare I say it, openly bigoted (if you're hateful towards 'oppressors') is now seen as socially acceptable in many circles.

Gotta point at the stupid people and laugh so that nobody thinks their stupid is socially acceptable, or it might spread.
>>
>>48929167

It's a bit of trivia related to the subject of women in STEM, which the previous posters in that chain were discussing.
>>
>>48929193
That was sarcasm. Sorry if I hadn't made it clear enough.
>>
>>48927983
Who is playing D&D to compete? I thought the point of it was cooperative storytelling. I thought the point was that, ideally, even if the whole party died, they had fun pretending to go on an adventure together and had a great story to tell because of it. How do you "lose" at D&D?
>>
>>48929207
Well... fair enough, but I think you're being a bit deceptive by context here.
If anything, that's just proof that we need egalitarianism to be the one and only criteria for these things.
It's anti-egalitarian lunatics that are trying to force women in the middle east to be subservient, after all.
That's just as bad as social justice lunatics for all the same reasons.
>>
>>48929223
So was mine.
>>
>>48929236
>>48929223
>>
>>48929236
>>48929223

most people don't assume sarcasm when it comes to SJW/PC's, because they can't
>>
>>48929185

Eh, he's decently picking at the double standard of having one shitty lady player represent all ladies while not having one guy player represent all guys.
>>
>>48929245
And that's the real tragedy here.
>>48929242
If you have to ask, it's everyone.
>>
>>48929245

People can't assume sarcasm in general?

This checks out.
>>
>>48928827
Now here's a point worth discussing, because it's true. SJW arguments, at their core, are more misogynistic than /r9k/ and /pol/ combined. Anyone who has ever read any feminist literature* would know this.

The idea that women are "weaker" and "need protection" was used as the justification of oppression for many decades. SJW logic vouches for this oppressive idea.

And they're not even oppressing well. The only winners here are the more-equals and scammers reaping the SJWbux.

*Feminist literature meaning "not third-waver tripe"
>>
>>48929234

Maybe, but it also means the folks saying that women can't do IT because their ovaries prevent them from thinking man-thoughts are full of shit, and that the main thing keeping women out of IT in the west is culture, not biology.
>>
>>48928588
DM's keep things fair because they want you succeed but feel heroic by making you feel like you've earned victory. That's not competing. Maybe your character is competing within the story, but you the player arent.
>>
>>48929276
its a bad idea to use in text form, its impossible when dealing with brainwashed zealots
>>
File: fml, srsly.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
fml, srsly.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>48927614
>>48927702
>>48927797

seconded. sorry, i don't want too 2nd, but,

it is the case 85% of the time.
>>
>>48929289
Women are weaker. Patriarchy benefits women the most. Women slowly realize they were scammed by statist-feminist complex. Just aren't ready to fully accept this.
>>
File: me irl.png (71KB, 320x389px) Image search: [Google]
me irl.png
71KB, 320x389px
wud u let a fem kobold join ur campaign
>>
>>48929296
Nnnnn... Yes, but it's not a culture of oppression. We need to be clear on that to reach any kind of honest conclusion.

In advanced cultures where people can live relatively easy lives, women tend to choose things that might make less money but fit their interests. Hell, so do many men.
It's just an incidental thing that a lot of men have interests that include engines and grease and cool fuckin robots.

But basically, it's individualism in action. Societies where you can afford to do a less-paid thing you like naturally produce a lot more people who do less-paid things. It's sort of incidental that women tend to choose things that are less paid in significant numbers, because it's not like there aren't plenty of fields with majority women employed that pay really well.
Lab techs, nursing, veterinary sciences, marine biology (not sure why marine biology has so many women but it does.) are good examples of jobs with loads of women or female majorities in America, and they pay hand over fist.
The statistics are just dragged down a lot by gender studies and other useless garbage women at large are tricked into by the worst sort of people.
>>
>>48929367
You don't have to be so obvious about your falseflagging, friendo. It just makes you more obvious.
>>
>>48929398
>Yes, but it's not a culture of oppression.

Didn't say it was.
>>
>>48929367
That's the thing
There is no patriarchy.
I kind of wish there was, because it would benefit me a lot, but there isn't.
The sooner we can all accept that this is basically just "Satan is making you like that devil worshipping music!" for the modern day, the sooner we can get to the root of the issues.
>>
>>48929407
I didn't say that you said so.
I was just making a general statement that we all ought to be clear about it, because SJWs will take things like what you said and say "AND THAT'S PROOF WOMEN ARE OPPRESSED" and you'll never get them to stop strutting and preening because they already 'won'.

I'm just saying we ought to be very clear about what the real problems in our society are, and are not.
We can't stop lunatic ideologues if we aren't careful to outline exactly WHY they're full of shit, without leaving gaps in the logic for them to hammer at.
>>
File: at least you can talk.jpg (16KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
at least you can talk.jpg
16KB, 600x338px
i played with a mostly girl group before.

shit was weird.almost everyone played a bisexual male character.the gm(also a woman)became increasingly frustrated because the rest of the group kept trying to turn the game into softcore erp.

we couldn't go a session with her having to explain to a player that a npc was straight and wasn't able to be seduced by the opposite sex.she finally broke and just said fuck it do whatever.

the entire experience for me consisted of my barbarian awkwardly rejecting the advances other pc's,and carrying in combat situation.
>>
File: thumbs-up.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>48929456

Sounds fair to me, anon.
>>
>>48929456
Ah, you just wanted to get up on your soapbox and screech for a bit, I see.
>>
File: Crowhou.jpg (241KB, 924x660px) Image search: [Google]
Crowhou.jpg
241KB, 924x660px
>>48929505
CAW CAW CAW
Seriously though, I'm not trying to be preachy.
I am just very worried about the state of the world today, and I want to try and talk people into something resembling sanity so that the world doesn't fall apart around me before I build my little piece of it up.
>>
>OLD ENOUGH TO BLEED OLD ENOUGH TO BREED
>>
>>48926454
I've only met two girls who even professed interest in /tg/ related stuff. One was amother player's girlfriend who basically just sat around and cast lightning bolt at things while her and him cuddled in the same chair. She barely engaged with anyone else but she wasn't that bad (and frankly our group was too large to begin with, so there wasn't a whole lot of room for her to really find a niche in the party).

The other girl was a sister of the DM and she was pretty good, but her health issues and our odd playing times meant she couldn't always be there. Luckily her brother has a pretty good handle on the character so he can fill in when she's not available.

I'm not really averse to girls in gaming groups, but girls/women interested in stuff like D&D/Shadowrun/that one obscure system you really love seem to be an extreme minority. It's possible my luck is just shit.
>>
>>48929382
Sure.

They wouldn't even be the weirdest party member.
>>
>>48929731
i like smart kobolds
i REALLY like smrt kobolds
>>
>>48926497
fun fact, I literally watched a school play this year that had a character say "actually it's about ethics in video game journ-" and then he got stabbed by the main character
>>
>>48929734
You'll be competing with an undead kid who's total INT score is 22, but that probably just means they'd get along.
>>
File: monk kobold butt.png (3KB, 250x139px) Image search: [Google]
monk kobold butt.png
3KB, 250x139px
>>48929768
>>
>>48929767
Please tell me you're joking.

Or at least tell me it was in a highschool, where I expect the people in charge to be more or less incompetent.
>>
>>48929767
Christ.
>>
>>48929786
community college.
it was a play called Heroes Must Die.
>>
>>48929797
Man. Theater kids used to be cool.

What the fuck happened?
>>
File: Viper ur stupid.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Viper ur stupid.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
>>48929059
You know when your family,teachers,fellow students,and neighbors told you to stop being a fucking mouthbreather all the time, yeah what he's saying is pretty equivalent
>>
>>48926616
>>48926626
Oh man, these.
>>
Nigger
>>
>>48929821
Man, I hate to be the one to tell you this but theater kids were never cool.
Never. Not once.
>>
>>48926749
Not quite.

There are people that don't mention their gender and there are attention whores (who claim to be female).
>>
>>48930025
Trigger
>>
>>48926454
I know, right? It's enough to make you think feminism has a point.
>>
>>48930131
Now now
Let's not go crazy here.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
>>
I wish I was female
>>
>>48930131
Nope, I still don't.
>>
>>48930212
I wish sex/gender wouldn't influence regular social interaction (except those related to the conception of children)
>>
>>48930032
Let us believe we were cool man
>>
There's always this weird sliding of what's being argued in these sorts of threads, and its hard to pinpoint where it happens.

It's like, it always ends up being a discussion about what social justice warriors allegedly say or do, which is a whole discussion in and of itself, but the initial point of the thread is just arguing from the position of "I think it's weird that some people seem adverse to women playing at their table at a fundamental level"

Anita Sarkeesian or virtue signaling or Social Justice Warriors are all things that annoy people and its easy to talk about how annoying they are, but none of those things have anything to do with the original point. Whether or not SJW are adverse to logic or destroying western society has little to do with letting women at your gaming table, because "I think there's nothing wrong with women playing traditional games" isn't an "SJW" opinion. There's nothing radical, feminist, or otherwise subversive about the sentiment, and it feels like people immediately take to arguing a point that's easier to argue against than what's actually being discussed half the time.
>>
>>48930268
that'd be cool too

but my reasons for wanting to be female are internal, and not external
>>
>>48926454

Because making people think they have enemies where they don't is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

"Kill with a borrowed sword." "Create something from nothing." "Watch the fires burning from across the river." "Hide a knife behind a smile." "Borrow a corpse to resurrect the soul." "Lure the tiger off its mountain lair." "Toss a brick to obtain a jade gem." "Disturb the water to catch a fish." "Befriend a distant state and strike a neighboring one." "Obtain safe passage to conquer the state of Guo." "Replace the beams with rotten timbers." Shit, every single one in chapter five.

The creation of "sides" in this matter is both a natural human phenomenon and enemy action. The sides were created so that people would join them and be played.
>>
>>48930025
underrated post
>>
>>48926454
Gender is largely irellevant, attitude and investment is the key.

I've equal ire towards "girlfriend" character's that are just puppets for their parter, powergamers trying to "win" at the expense of the party and drama fags who try to make games personal vents.
>>
>>48930032
I mean, they were all pretty smart and personable when I was in the theater tech classes. They were generally huge nerds, yeah, but that's not exactly a negative strike on /tg/.
Those classes also tended to have really cool teachers.
>>
>>48930106
This is why I like the explanation for the "tits or GTFO" meme.

Either you degrade yourself to regain your female card or you act like everybody else.
>>
>>48926454
Nice watercolour. Really well done if it's a digital effect.
>>
>>48928381
Your comment made me American, now I want to nuke people who disagree with me because their ancestors were probably poorer than mine.
>>
>>48929289
>feminist
>literature
Top Kek
>>
>>48926454
Tg has issues with women, but i think mostly it's because pol has been escaping it's cancer zone more actively lately, causing more leakage

Tg doesn't actually hate Jews. At least, i hope
>>
>>48926454
there are no "femanons". you don't need to state your gender when you're anonymous, that's how it fucking works.
>>
>>48926454
I'll take "Things That OP Made Up" for 500, Alex.
>>
>>48933391
There's hate and there's being realistic about a certain ethnic group undermining and exploiting our government for their personal gain, and /tg/'s firmly on the side of "plug their ears and scream LALALALALALALA" to pretend this doesn't happen.
>>
File: 1467024300428-tg.jpg (50KB, 573x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467024300428-tg.jpg
50KB, 573x600px
>>48926469
>Gamer Gate invented women's tendency to act like attention whores

I hope you at least enjoyed your prediction coming true.
>>
>>48928719
Because clowns like you assumed that having pussy=completely ineffective leader.
>>
>>48927419
I'd also say it depends upon your area demographic. If you are at a technical university, for example, your concentration of nerdy girls who are serious about RPGs is much higher.
>>
>>48928914
And, as a result, President Trump could be a thing.
>>
>>48927647
>Engineering shit
Found the buttmad liberal arts major who could only get a mcjob with it.
>>
File: cats_Persians_Egyptians_2.jpg (569KB, 1600x983px) Image search: [Google]
cats_Persians_Egyptians_2.jpg
569KB, 1600x983px
>>48926584

I don't care that old timey political cartoons are the worst culprits of literally writing the metaphor on it, I love them for how they are clever memes and references to something rather than just strawman, snarkiness and "I AM SILLY" vs cool rationale chill guy
>>
>>48933441
Individuals.
It's individuals undermining and exploiting the system for personal gain.
People are not defined solely by their ethnicity, man. That's retarded.
>>
File: 892138218318931.jpg (322KB, 990x1284px) Image search: [Google]
892138218318931.jpg
322KB, 990x1284px
>>48935524

There are obviously some exceptions since there was that Civil war era one of a upstanding white man representing the democrats as the party of the white man and then some bixnood looking stereotype representing the republicans as the party of the negro.
>>
File: Trump Critical Failure.jpg (147KB, 750x876px) Image search: [Google]
Trump Critical Failure.jpg
147KB, 750x876px
>>48934325
I'm looking forward to it.
Aren't you?
>>
>>48928191
Good to know you'll be staying a poorfag then, have fun not having enough money to do what you want all while paying off a useless degree.
>>
>>48928005
Only because warhammer fans buy so many minis. In terms of actual players, there's barely any.
>>
>>48928748
Its not rape, the filthy whores enjoy it.
>>
I, for one, am just angry women are allowed to be openly sexist, but men are persecuted for similar.
>>
>>48935778
Hush, silly man. You had centuries of being allowed to do it. Now you can bend over and take it for a while.
>>
>>48935903
You better start opening doors for me, laying your clothes in mud puddles so I can walk on them, and supporting me financially then. Fair's fair.
>>
>>48935903

Hey, two wrongs don't make a right. (Though I'll admit a wrong can make a joke in the opposite direction socially acceptable for a while)
>>
I have a little cousin who's been a regular in most parties I've played in. She always tends to pick sneaky classes if we're good guys, or barbarians if we're evil, and she's pretty good, has a very good understanding of the game rules(3.5, 5e and Star Wars TRPG), and shows actual interest and puts effort into her character's personalities. She tends to repeat some aspects (the rogues being money hoarding jews, wether they are of draconic heritage or not), but overall, she's a fairly competent player.

Oh, and she's never rolled the cookie-cutter half-elf ranger with red hair, rape backstory and a scar on the left eye that somehow doesn't diminish her natural beauty. She mostly picks kobolds.
>>
>>48935747
If she enjoys rape, doesn't it stop being rape? I feel like there's a real problem here.
>>
>>48926454
We didn't used to be (mostly). It often feels like there's been a rise in anti-women posts on this board. Perhaps a reaction against the... controversies in /v/, and sub-cultures under spotlight that we used to laugh and /i/nvade about now we just seem to get very angry about. Also, people are using LoveShy slang sometimes, which is pretty worrying.

Hopefully OP there's still a good ratio of functional people on here so we should mostly keep it under control. In fact recently I've seen many Anons here reveal themselves as girls and nobody has cared.
>>
>>48926454
I've never had more of a problem in my games with femanons than I do with menanons. I've dealt with fantastic female players, and fantastic male players. I've deal with shitty female players, and shitty male players.
I haven't found much of a pattern concerning gender and players, other than that my female players enjoy martial classes more.
Shit players in general are everywhere, as are good players, and gender (in my experience) hasn't made an impact. Problems with players can be easily avoided by active communication and clear establishment of rules.
If you want a successful group, just interview your players. Talk with them. Don't be a fucking sperg about it. If a player is being a That Guy/Gal, you pull them aside and tell them. They continue? You kick them out. This isn't hard, folks. I've had many years of successful DMing in a variety of games, and it just boils down to being able to talk to your players and handle these situations as adults. It's not about gender, it's about communication between people.
>>
If either person doesn't consent to it, it's rape even if they both enjoy it. Think Justin Bieber having sex with a drunk twelve year old.

If both people consent to it, it's not rape even if neither of them enjoy it. Think married sex.
>>
>>48936277
whether "consent" was given or not doesn't matter,its still rape.

men are inherently rapists and anyone who says otherwise is an apologist.
>>
>>48936387
I can't tell if one of the SJWs from the thread is being dumb again, or if you're kidding.
I can't tell at all.
>>
>>48936435
Its a joke, you moron.
>>
>>48936445
You say that, but people actually SAY things like that!
I couldn't tell!
>>
>>48926454
>I DM an all-female group, and they are some of the most solid roleplayers I know. The only problem I've ever had is when I invited a GUY to the table, and he started creepily hitting on every woman at the table (including the lesbian couple, who were very open about their relationship status).

Either you're a feminist femanon making shit up or you're a normal fa/tg/uy making shit up

>le lesbian couple

Every fucking time.
>>
>>48936483
>le lesbian couple
I mean, they do exist, anon.

They just have a tendency to be abusive and/or volatile.
>>
Oh boy I can't wait for the White Knight comments in THIS thread!
>>
>>48936194

This so hard. why is it so difficult to destroy 'that guy' in game and then tell him you're sick of his shit? Is it really so hard for you virgins to stand up to someone, or is it that you have no friends and thus no means of replacing the lost player? Serious question.
>>
>>48926543

This, of the women roleplayers I have known, about half have been living as their character to an unhealthy degree and have turned out to have severe mental problems (sadly, they're usually the cute ones, because a cute girl normally has some damage if she's in this hobby). Of the rest, most have been feminist landwhales or le goofy randumb chick (lol my rogue steals your underwear XD).
>>
>>48936497

Until you've had one pull a knife at your table, you don't realize that banning lesbian PCs isn't just a meme, it's self-defense.
>>
>>48926469
YOU WERE RIGHT!
>>
>>48936535

Because, you little summer shit, I am bigger than you, I am stronger than you, and frequently I will manipulate circumstances so we are playing at my house. I have bullied so many little newbie DMs like you into catering to my ideal game, Magical Realm included, that I've lost count. I've literally fucked the DM's girlfriend before and remained the main character in his game, just like every game I play in.
>>
File: tabletopfemanons.png (18KB, 770x378px) Image search: [Google]
tabletopfemanons.png
18KB, 770x378px
I bet it looks something like this.
>>
>>48936497
>>48936606
Why are there higher rates of domestic violence between lesbians than there are in heterosexual and homosexual relationships?
>>
>>48927462

Wouldn't tumblr be a better website for you?
>>
>>48936659
Nice b8 m8
>>
I'm sure good female players exist, but out of the six I've played with none have been above "okay".
>>
>>48926454
>Every single time someone mentions female players, there are suddenly rivers of shit spewed about how "they just want attention" and "they're all shit roleplayers" and "they never know the rules".
There really isn't. It really only seems to come up in troll threads. Then again, there are few other threads where us femanons have any good reason to call attention to gender.
>>
>>48936684
The factual answer is that we don't actually know.
The heavily politicized nature of the whole "LGBT" thing by leftist political interests who want another captive voting bloc to put on their shelf next to black people and hispanics means that any attempt at really researching it will either confirm their ideological bias or lead to screams of "bigotry!"
>>
>>48936881
>us femanons
I bet you don't even know the rules.

Ree.
>>
>>48937090
Think some of the reason might be because political lesbianism is a thing in some political circles, so these people find themselves in relationships they aren't happy with on a personal level?
>>
>>48937094
Oh, don't be so silly.

>>48936881
Not gonna lie, every time someone online goes "Us girls amirite?" there's a 50-50 that it's actually some dude with feminine interests and/or a gay dude whose parents, rather than properly raising them as a male, decided to fall for the 'born in the wrong body' meme.
>>
>>48937113
It's almost certainly a factor, but we have no way of knowing if that's a cause or and effect, never mind what it actually means.
It's a lot like climate change: The truth is somewhere between the two extreme positions, almost certainly, but we have no way of actually finding the truth because dumb niggas won't just shut the fuck up and let science happen.
>>
>>48937113
It's simple statistics. Romantic relationships are a seller's market. Many people would rather be comfortable in a relationship they hate than risk breaking that relationship and being alone in pursuit of one they like. A small percentage of the population is homo- or bisexual, meaning they would have a harder time finding another romantic partner in the event their current relationship ends. Ergo, "I hate you so much but this is the best I've got" tends to happen more often.
>>
>>48927796
I'm a chef and love it. Not exactly manual labour I spose, but if anyone tells you cheffing is an easy job they aren't a chef. Or at least not a good one.
>>
>>48938439
I don't buy it.
That applies to gay men as well, but it's specifically lesbians who have insanely high instances of spousal abuse, rape, and other forms of violence.
There's gotta be a deeper cause here.
>>
>>48927975
I love Sam Cooke, what the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>48938631
That's why I'm pretty sure it's gotta be political lesbianism. To my knowledge there isn't a political movement that demands that men only date men to spite the other sex. The closest equivalent among men would be MGTOWs, but they mostly keep to themselves.
>>
>>48938787
I don't know, that seems like too simple and easy an answer.
I mean, I can't say you're wrong, but that just seems way too easy.
>>
>>48938835
Yeah, it does seem overly simple and I won't lose sleep if I'm actually wrong. I guess it all depends on how widespread political lesbianism actually is and if people who holds those beliefs overlap overwhelmingly with lesbian domestic abusers.
>>
>>48931482
you were always obnoxious, but now you're not that brand of obnoxious, so you can see how everyone else thought of you back then
the new kids think exactly the same thing you did: everyone's so cool and in on our in-jokes! It's great!

have some fucking perspective
>>
>>48927646
this is retarded
you're retarded
no one thinks of tabletop grognards when mentioning "gamers" you insipid cuntwaffle
>>
>>48938927
You're not really wrong but don't be mean about it.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.