[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to play mtg with a friend tomorrow we played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

I'm looking to play mtg with a friend tomorrow we played awhile ago but were not sure what to buy anymore. Have about 100 dollars.
>>
Don't buy anything. Stop playing Magic. It is a cancerous game, it is literally pay to win and the entry cost is 1000 dollars just so you can have some fat-ass judge declare you are cheating because you forgot one of the game's 5000 rules.

Save some money and play hearthstone instead.
>>
>>48916344
>play hearthstone instead

thought you where going somewhere with this point until you bring up that shit, hahaha get real anon
>>
So you don't already have 2 decks to play with but you want to play with your friend is sugest going to your lgs and picking up duel decks they are pretty balanced with each other but if you try to use it in a game other than that deck it will do pretty bad but if you want to play your friend that's what I'd recommend.
>>
>>48916344
Isnt there limited to combat that? Also, heart stone isn't face to face... magics a social game.
>>
>>48916327
Buy one of the Commander decks each, and enjoy having fun.
Don't listen to faggots who tell you to not have fun.
Best format, most fun, and you can make it as expensive as you want in EDH.
>>
>>48916509
>>48916391

Fact: By 2020, Hearthstone is going to kill the competitive scene for MTG. The secondary market will crash do to a sharp decrease in demand . Legacy is already dying in the US due to this reason. Hearthstone does MTG better. WOTC has no way to compete with the marginal value that Hearthstone provides to its players. I suggest you get out while you can.
>>
>>48917293
That's an opinion, which has been discarded.
>>
>>48916344
>>48917293

At least where I play Hearthstone has had little to no impact on the MTG scene. Players complained that it felt like a watered down version of MTG with very little interaction between players. Evidently there is nothing at instant speed.
>>
>>48916327
The commander sets are a pretty good place to start for newer players. There are new commander decks coming out in November IIRC, but you can look at some of the older ones and see what you like. Should not cost more than 100. Most of the commander decks are under 50 even.
>>
File: Grenzo.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Grenzo.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>48916575
>>48917552
this, EDH is the sensible way to get into magic to have fun instead of paying 1000+ dollars to play 3-5 turn games against tryhards
>>
>>48917293
only people who don't like card games like hearthstone
>>
>>48916327
I'd suggest some duel decks if you can get hold of them. They're nicely balanced against one another, so if your goal is to have an easy, fun game against your friend, that's probably the most straightforward way to go.
>>
>>48917293
Hearthstone is the most boring shit I've ever played. The lore is crap, the cards are dull, and every game plays the same as every other game.
>>
>>48917812
>Magic the Gathering is the most boring shit I've ever played. The lore is crap, the cards are dull, and every game plays the same as every other game.
These two statements are both true. That's impressive, since they should be mutually exclusive.
>>
>>48916327
Wait until conspiracy 2 launches, by a box and draft with two friends.
>>
>>48917931
I would actually argue that Conspiracy is a bad set to play for new players. It's got a lot of odd cards, strange interactions, and things that require a deeper understanding of the rules to be played well.
>>
>>48916327
buy 6 packs each, make a sealed deck and play with each other. Repeat next week, buy singles or join some drafts every now and then at your LGS

At some point you'll have enough cards to trade/sell/buy together a competitive deck and play constructed fnm's at your LGS.
>>
>>48916395
>>48916575
These are two good options. If you're both just going to play casually with each other, even other precon decks work.

If you want to play with more people eventually, the EDH ones are already really good bases to build off of.

If you're both really interested in deck building, buying one or two of the deck builder's toolkit might be a way to expand that, but they don't come ready to play.
>>
>>48917293
My biggest problem with hearthstone is I can't talk to the opponent.

A secondary issue, one that hearthstone shares with pokemon, there is nothing I can do to interact with the opponent on his turn.
>>
If you have no clue what you're doing I would honestly suggest going to a game store and asking if they have any free intro decks lying around.

They're 30 card decks that Wizards gives to stores to give out for free that contain only the most basic mechanics.

If you're up for something a bit more involved I would suggest either buying a pair of Commander pre-con decks or buying some boosters to build sealed decks with, possibly see if the store has any pre-release kits from the last pre-release for sale.
>>
>>48916327 You can make a cube for well under $100 if you stick to commons, uncommons, and cards printed in Conspiracy.
You can't really do much else with $100. A few Pauper decks no one plays it or some standard shitbrew, but that's about it.
>>
>>48917293

I wish this were true because I feel like if WOTC actually felt some competition pressure from other TCGs maybe they wouldn't be such an absolute shit-show.

I want Legacy to survive but it can't with how WOTC is treating it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.