[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been trying to figure out what would happen if a person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Sword Phase 2 Bigger Sharper.jpg (7KB, 97x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sword Phase 2 Bigger Sharper.jpg
7KB, 97x400px
I have been trying to figure out what would happen if a person was actually transported into a fantasy world with magic and elves and that stuff. How would the MC deal with the new bacteria? Would it kill him soon or would he not care? Is the gravity different on this world but the inhabitants have evolved to not care?

Here is a fantasy sword I drew.
>>
Depends on what the writer would want.
>>
File: 58016717_p0.png (1MB, 1181x1748px) Image search: [Google]
58016717_p0.png
1MB, 1181x1748px
Ask /a/. They're really knowledgeable on isekai.

Choose your isekai flavor of the month!
>KonoSuba
>Re:Zero
>>
>>48881481
Should pick Grimgar instead desu
>>
>>48881462
Your first mistake was assuming that a fantasy world where the races were literally created by their gods a few thousand years ago would operate under the same rules as our reality.

In other words, depends on the setting.
>>
>>48881462
Honestly, it all depends on the setting. To be more peecise, it depends on the story you're trying to create/experience. Too much science usuallý goes against the narrative after a certain point, so you have to find the right balance. For example, do they speak "english"? There's few rezason for the fantasy creature to do so, but if they possess a specific language it's gonna lenghten the adventure tremendously.
My biggest question would be: Is magic a property of the land or the individual, i.e. can a person transported into a fantasy world become a mage.

Tl; dr: It's mgic, do whatever you want.
>>
>>48881878
PS: Nice sword.
>>
>>48881478
>>48881878
What if I want to do a moé monsterboy/girl fantasy world isekai?
>>
File: smug geist.jpg (35KB, 485x484px) Image search: [Google]
smug geist.jpg
35KB, 485x484px
>>48881462
>wake up in a fantasy world LN
>the waifus start dying of smallpox
>author reveals it's based on the disease transfers of the Colombian Exchange
>mfw weeb tears
>>
File: iW6aETc.jpg (44KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
iW6aETc.jpg
44KB, 680x453px
>>48882048
>these become the new waifus
>>
>>48881462
Here is how I would do it.

>Bacterias and illness.
Assume that modern medicine has vaccinated you for many of the diseases that exist in this new world. Your immune system probably works better than the local people's. Magic can also cure diseases, lessening the impact of being infected. He would be slightly worried if he saw a sick person, until the sick person got healed. Which would put him at ease.

>Gravity is slightly less than earths. Enough that elves grew taller, thinner and lighter. The MC, used to heavier gravity would be a bit quicker with movements and jump higher, swing harder, punch better etc.

>Language barrier
You speak English, which doesn't exist in this world. However there are spell books, and spells which translate words you hear and say to be understandable until you learn the language.

>Worlds gods
MC probably doesn't believe in them. Until they do something in front of him, like bless someone or smite another. Even then he could be sceptical.

>Magic.
The MC can use magic. Mana is free flowing in air and fills everything. He just doesn't know how to use it and if would take years to learn, or less if he was a prodigy. He could also be really strong due to the nature of magic. And maybe he finds a similar link between stuff he read in his world, and the magic in this one.
>Holy magic
Obtainable. But only if he joins a church and pledges himself to a god. If the god accepts him then he begins the process to draw out holy magic. Similar to the non holy magic. Training montage. Fade to black. Obtain magic.

Would be a pretty cool setting.
>>
>>48881869
Man, imagine that.
What if our physics is so radically different from these worlds (eg the classical elements are often the actual elements of the world) that we couldn't even breathe? Imagine you just pop into a city and drop dead because "Air" isn't oxygenated because oxygen doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1465962477585.png (158KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1465962477585.png
158KB, 500x359px
>>48881462
>taking portal fantasy this seriously
>>
>>48881531

While I like Grimgar and Yume's ass dearly actually I think it shows how much isekai's clichés don't really make sense unless somehow the gods or whatever do consider the random guy the chosen one.

A more "realistic" show in this regard is Juuni Kokuki where while Kouko IS the motherfucking chosen one there are tons of guys that aren't. And their lives are interesting to us viewers while probably not playable.

tl;dr go chosen one or go home
>>
>>48882048

What if it IS based on the colombian exchange, but our world is the one fucked up?
>>
>>48881462
You're already assuming there's magic.
Why are you assuming any other rules of our world have to apply?
For all you know 'gravity' now works by infinite tiny modrons physically holding things down.
>>
>>48881462

Unless the new arrival has an advantage in the form of magic or some other superhuman ability, he's in deep shit.

Like, he can't even read the language. He can barely take care of himself. A guy plopped into another world (assuming your average young adult) is less competent than a Level 1 Fighter, because a Level 1 Fighter has spent years training and fighting.

That's sort of why he needs a lot of advantages. If it's not a high-magic world, it's very easy to re-enact the experience: Just have someone kidnap you and drop you in Africa, or an ISIS-held region. See how long you last.
>>
File: JohnCarterJumping.jpg (29KB, 640x268px) Image search: [Google]
JohnCarterJumping.jpg
29KB, 640x268px
>>48881462
>Is the gravity different on this world but the inhabitants have evolved to not care?
All will learn to fear the mighty human
>>
>>48882415
Or....the oxygen is so thick and rich that ranged combat is impossible because there is too much air resistance?

Maybe fire mages are hunted and slaughtered because if they use too much fire it will ignite the atmosphere?
>>
>>48881939
Then don't have everyone in the setting die.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.