[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there melta cannons for baneblades? If an army

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: dscf3889.jpg (1008KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
dscf3889.jpg
1008KB, 2272x1704px
Why isn't there melta cannons for baneblades? If an army of imperial guard can move it then a baneblade should be more than able to mount it.
>>
>>48878414
Because driving forward with group of baneblades with their melta's firing and vaporizing troops, vehicles and titans wouldn't be fun for tau.
>>
For meltas that can be used with vehicles, it basically goes up to either Hellhound size, Predator size (in 30k), and then jumps up to Titan size.

You're better off using a Shadowsword, which has a giant lascannon. That has the anti-vehicle fuckery you want from a melta, but a lot more range and control.
>>
>>48878414
Because no one will buy a 450+ point model which is almost guranteed to be whiped out turn two by a model/squad 1/5 the point value because the system hates anything with wheels or treads with a passion while giving bonuses to gundams rockem sockem robots.
>>
>>48878455
God I wish the shadowsword didnt suck so much. It is the vanquisher of baneblades. A really over priced model carrying a single hit weapon while other units can spam the same profile around like butter. It needs to have a beam rule like the Ordinatus where its a large blast template that travels to its target and all models that touch the blast template along its path suffer an automatically hitting attack.
>>
>>48878414
What would be the point? The only thing a melta cannon that size for is hunting titans, and if the enemy is deploying titans there's a good chance you are too. Since plenty of titans already come with melta cannons, a meltablade is kind of redundant. A shadowsword can do anything a meltablade could do nearly as well, with more range and versatility.
>>
>>48878550
Fire at a building, There's a hole in it.

The beam goes through the hole and kills all the people in the building, man that would be joy.
>>
>>48878567
You would think a super laser deathbeam bearing the wrath of a dying sun would do something like that.1
>>
>>48878567
>>48878584
Setting up that shot that manages to kill all their troops in a single shot.
>>
>>48878414

fluff wise, because they don't have any STC templates for it, so it would be tech heresy.

crunch wise, they probably feel that melta cannons belong on titans only. Or they wouldn't be able to do anything other configurations could do just as well. I don't know the stats that well but those are the reasons that come to mind.
>>
>>48878662
I imagine fluffwise it's hard to account for the 'waste' of a melta gun of a certain size. You'd want to put it on something that you know would be able to make use of it.

A Devil Dog has a relatively small melta gun, and can go fairly fast, so it has a good chance of getting up close to a fortifaction or tank and punching a hole in it. A Titan is slower, but sometimes it needs a heavy armored punch, and there aren't many enemies that can stand up to a Titan in battle so you don't have to worry about wasting it. But a baneblade is comparatively slow, and it might not manage to make it within range of its target to make use of its melta cannon.
>>
Didn't we just have this same thread?
>>
>>48878793

Dude, /tg/ has been flooded with shitposting dump question threads for like a week now.
>>
>>48878978
Just a week, eh?
>>
>>48878476
>people don't buy super-heavies
>>
>>48878437
Implying that a single shot non-D weapon is any use against MCs or GCs.

>>48878565
Someone doesn't actually play the game. It's rubbish against titans, passable against groups of vehicles.

>>48880549
People don't buy superheavy non-walkers, especially if theyre armed with a single shot weapon that isn't even S-D.
>>
>>48881467
>Someone doesn't actually play the game

Pretty sure the other Anon was referring to fluff over crunch. At which point you'd totally use a large-scale Melta cannon to fuck up Titans, but they'd be a bit of a waste against other targets.
>>
>>48881467
>People don't buy superheavy non-walkers

I wonder why GW keeps selling them then.

>especially if theyre armed with a single shot weapon that isn't even S-D.

Seen plenty of people using Stormswords with its S10 AP1 10" Blast and Ignores Cover as well as Stormlords for 40 model transport capacity. and Typhons with 48" range S10 AP1 7" Blast and Ignores Cover.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.