[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever tried doing a super rules light game? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Has anyone ever tried doing a super rules light game? I'm talking like just rolling a d20 and deciding the outcome on that alone.
>>
There are even diceless systems
>>
>>48877778

When John Harper's developing a game he starts with an idea for a core resolution mechanic, and anything else is decided by a coinflip.
If he finds there's a lot of coinflips, he builds a new subsystem to handle those. When the coinflips stop happening, the system is finished. This results in games with little or no rules bloat.
>>
>>48877778
I have, and have a friend who prefers this style to any other type of game. It's annoying because he is utterly incapable of just understanding rules in a tabletop game.
>>
>>48877778

I did. It was fun because of the fairly creative GM and the characters involved. It was still pretty shit, though.
>>
File: fuck warhounds.jpg (729KB, 1575x1173px) Image search: [Google]
fuck warhounds.jpg
729KB, 1575x1173px
>>48877778
>>48877828
One of my best campaigns was Lasers and Feelings one. The game ended with the ratings devolving into an insane cult that worshiped the ship's AI, the security chief setting herself up as Immortan Jane and creating a death cult among the Red Shirts, and the team tearing a hole in time and space that is utterly irreparable, and then getting put into stasis by High Command just in case some day, in the far, far future the survival of the Federation depends on a gaggle of psychopaths who literally ALWAYS MAKE THINGS WORSE.
So it's definitely possible to have a great time with an ultra-minimalist setting.
I find that the best overall balance for a campaign is to take a crunchy system, ala the 40k rpgs, and streamline them a bit/selectively apply rules depending on the situation.
So, in a fight with dozens of mooks, the baddies all die once a hit gets through their soak level without individually tracking wounds.
In a tense knife fight between a player and a deadly assassin, we do full wounds, all the rules and maneuvers applied etc.
>>
>>48877778
Played in a system with d100s and 2d6. roll d100 against skill level, if roll under add one, or two if you roll less then 10, to a 2d6 roll against the DM for everything. That campaign proved how vibro katanas are inferior to BFGs Big fucking Grappling hooks
>>
>>48878344
Why do people keep posting this art? It looks so bad.
>>
>>48878436
It's just so silly and bizarre. I like it.

Also, I don't have any Star Trek images, so I figure old school 40k is close enough.
>>
File: 1266.jpg (165KB, 479x765px) Image search: [Google]
1266.jpg
165KB, 479x765px
>>48878436

You think old hammer is bad?

Them is fightin words.
>>
>>48878538
I hate it more then i hate regular warhammer.
>>
I DM'd drunken one-on-one RPGs that only use coins. Heads you win tails you lose.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.