[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish there was a game where I could roleplay as a traditional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 361
Thread images: 49

File: 1471549793185.jpg (47KB, 400x407px) Image search: [Google]
1471549793185.jpg
47KB, 400x407px
I wish there was a game where I could roleplay as a traditional 1950s housewife.
>>
Best Friends
GURPS
>>
MAID?
>>
>>48877013

There was some silly indie game called Dead Scare where you play housewives in an outbreak of flesh-eating communist beatniks or something.
It's goofy, and zombies are rather shopworn, but it might be a fine one-shot system.

You might also try Primetime Adventures, which could do the 50s tv sitcom thing pretty readily.
>>
File: Briemond.jpg (45KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
Briemond.jpg
45KB, 1024x512px
>>48877013
Are you female?
>>
>>48877013
Be worried about money while your PTSD husband drinks and threatens you?
>>
File: hero.jpg (482KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
hero.jpg
482KB, 2400x1800px
>>48877932
>Not enlisting with the airforce or navy during Vietnam
>Not returning to a heros welcome in your uniform and keeping your doting wife barefoot and pregnant for the next 5 years.
>>
>>48877013
Gurps Atomic Horror and Atom-Age Cthulhu. Any golden or silver age superhero game.
>>
>>48877013
I don't see why you can't hack several systems to do so, I'm just not sure why you would
Or what metrics you would use for success
>>
File: image.png (172KB, 437x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
172KB, 437x500px
>>48877013
I did it in Changeling, played a Summer Court Darkling who was abducted by the Flatwoods monster in 1951, made it back a few years ago and acts like it's still the 50's. She occasionally "adopts" children from abusive households by sneaking in and killing their parents. Treats the kids real nice though.

Pic related was my character portrait.
>>
>>48877265
that would require there to be multiple housewives for the one guy
>>
File: face we all do.jpg (96KB, 533x795px) Image search: [Google]
face we all do.jpg
96KB, 533x795px
>>48877013
>https://fetlife.com/

Shouldn't be too much of a problem to find a "game master".
>>
>>48877013
but why?
>>
>>48877013
>Women don't get to vote
>Because women don't vote, the welfare state doesn't explode (only to later implode)
>Because women don't vote, affirmative action and quotas don't exist so merit is still rewarded
>Because women don't vote, "refugees welcome" is a punchline and not the center of a country's border policy
>The man is expected to provide for women (as they are today) but can demand services and favors of equivalent value
>The man gets custody in the case of a divorce due to being the main breadwinner
>Alimony doesn't exist
Literally nothing wrong with this.
And before someone accuses me of sexism, I'd be perfectly fine with the reverse situation if it weren't for points 2-4

>>48880558
Probably since women have become increasingly unhappy after traditional gender roles have been abolished, and it's likely most women of our generation will never marry because of that.
>>
>>48877013
ERP?
>>
>>48880681

Well feminism has been a huge boon for capitalism. Double the workers, drop wages. No more time to do anything at home, buy more shit. Emptiness and solitude, buy moar shit.
>>
File: 5e2[2].jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
5e2[2].jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>48880740
Can't argue with that.
>>
>>48880740
>huge boon for consumerism
ftfy senpai
>>
>>48877999
>Vietnam war
>1950's
>>
>>48877999
>nam
>heroes welcome
Are you younger than 20 by chance?
>>
>>48880681
Is it okay if I accuse you of ignorance? Because attributing those things solely to female suffrage is embarrassingly misguided on your behalf.

Don't believe everything /pol/ tells you anon. Go outside sometimes. For your own sake.
>>
>>48880792
>>48880831
Maybe he meant Korean War? Or even pre-Tet Vietnam?
>>
>>48880846
Or you know.. ww2
>>
>>48880846
Or maybe, just maybe...
you're fucking stupid
>>
>>48877999

Did you mean Korean War? Korea was the 50s. That I could see a little better. I think Americans were proud of their troops fighting the good fight in Korea. Also, you didn't just become a pilot in those days, there were fewer planes and they were harder to train people in.
>>
>>48880681

The 19th amendment was ratified in 1920, you utter mong. Do you not understand how it compromises your whole argument when you get your first fact that wrong?
>>
>>48880681
how do points 2-4 change anything?
>>
>>48880838
Different anon here. I'm not disagreeing or taking sides here but could you elaborate more on this? The main issue i see with it is that double the workforce dropped wages making it harder to live as a single persob in the middle class and that IS directly related and proven. Beyond that though I can't say and i'm actually interested hearing more about this.
>>48880846
Possibly but doubtful.
>>
>>48880911
>The main issue i see with it is that double the workforce dropped wages making it harder to live as a single persob in the middle class
your point?
>>
>>48877013
Honestly, I'd be fine with being a househusband in 1950s.

No need to worry about stable income, the only thing you do is cook and clean (both of which I love to do, because both are relaxing and fun as fuck), no need to deal with work stress etc.
>b-but you don't get to vote and depend on another person's income to survive!
Yeah, I see no problem with it.

Voting usually does absolutely jackshit - the only relevant changes usually happen despite whatever voting and other bureaucracy processes (just look at Crimea forceful annexation by Russia via "referendum", despite how unlawful it was, or at how Brexit formally succeeded, and yet literally nothing happened).

And about depending on another's income - you do depend on your another's person anyway, it's just that it's not your husband usually - it's your company boss.
If the boss decides to cut you short, he can kick you out on the street a lot faster than your husband can, due to how employment works in our society.
Unless you are self-employed in some way, you depend on the other people for income just the same.
>>
>>48880928
Not much beyond women being more accepted as a workers force rather than fufilling the expectations of a housewife had longterm negative effects for everyone involved.
>>
>>48880943
dude, you can just be a stay-at-home dad in 2016

you can have basically the same life, but you do have the option to vote
>>
>>48880951
>everyone involved
how so?
>>
File: 002[1].png (205KB, 949x1400px) Image search: [Google]
002[1].png
205KB, 949x1400px
>>48880943
>Honestly, I'd be fine with being a househusband in 1950s.
That's some real good taste you have there.
>>
>>48880958
I suppose i meant every worker involved. I'm sure companies love it.
>>
>>48880953
The life is different nowadays, sadly.
And, to be honest, my pride doesn't allow me to depend on the people I love for income.
Allow them to make me gifts? Sure. Actually support me? Eh, not really.
I mean, I'm cool with it, but I'd rather support someone than be supported myself.
>>
>>48880981
>my pride doesn't allow me to depend on the people I love for income
yet you'd be fine with being a 50s housemaid?

>I'd rather support someone than be supported myself
yet you'd be fine with being a 50s housemaid?
>>
>>48880991
I told you, I'm cool with it, it's just that if I can do something beyond house-husbanding to help someone I love, I probably would.
I want to do everything I can to help.
>>
>>48880116
Why not have them be maids then?

Though you could probably do a hack that gives each wife a husband instead of one for all
>>
>>48881005
You are so contradictory.

i'm leaving cuz you're hurting my head
>>
>>48880981
The people that control this, the goverment, don't care about the workers.
>>
File: 1455824939507.png (566KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455824939507.png
566KB, 1280x720px
>>48880116
Not really.
>The setting is a Japanese office
>The players are all Office Ladies, or female office employees who are expected to stop working after they marry
>They're all 25 or older, so they're christmas cakes
>They all compete for the manager's affection
Only one will marry him, all others will end up old spinsters who will never marry. Are you a bad enough babe to destroy the competition by all means neccessary?
>>
>>48881033
It's not exactly rocket science.

I don't like feeling like I'm not doing everything I can to help.

If my wife has a stable income and is happy with her job, then I don't need to help financially and I'm content with helping her out in other ways, such as being a house-husband.

But if my wife is going through shitty times (stress, low wage etc.), I would probably take up additional responsibilities to make sure she feels comfortable.
>>
>>48880880
From what I understand the country didn't support their troops going to Korea as they did with WW2. It was timing,, as Korea was virtually right after the second world war and thus became almost forgotten. I read it was also because of location, as some didn't even know what the hell Korea was.
>>
>>48881068
oh, ok. I was taking it as a given that you would be a house-husband due to the implication of "50s housewife"
>>
Fatal
>>
File: ladykillervol1.jpg (65KB, 300x462px) Image search: [Google]
ladykillervol1.jpg
65KB, 300x462px
>>48877013

This look interesting, OP? It's not a game, but...it looks like a pretty fun idea for one.
>>
I'd like this idea provided there was something very, very wrong happening in their idyllic 1950s suburb that only they seem to notice and must therefore deal with.

>"Flo... have you noticed that the Johnsons have been acting a bit... strange, lately...?"

>"You know, I have Mary, I have. I'm so glad you said something! Bob isn't going to work anymore. He pretends to, you know? He goes through the motions. He leaves his house dressed for work, kisses Nancy goodbye and waves to my Henry as he's leaving, but when he gets in his car he just drives around the block again and again until all the men have left for their jobs. Then he pulls back into his driveway and goes back into his house."

>"Oh... that is... strange... And Nancy's stopped speaking to the girls and I too... Have you talked with her lately?"

>"No Mary, I haven't. Something very strange is going on..."
>>
>>48881066
How many will come out as lesbians by the games end?
>>
>>48877013
FATAL
>>
>>48881576
None. Lesbians don't actually exist. Just a bunch of bi women who turn themselves into self fufilling prophecies by repeatedly telling themselves they only like women.
>>
>48877999
>Not enlisting with the airforce or navy

I mean, if you want to be a pussy your whole life instead of joining the Marines, go ahead.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 1002x528px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 1002x528px
>>48881607
>muh muh-reens
Whats it like getting plowed by 80 men all day for a living?
>>
>>48880681
>women not being able to vote in the 1950s
This is what the majority of people on BOTH sides of the argument actually believe. Let that sink in.
>>
>>48877013
>I wish there was a game where I could roleplay as a traditional 1950s housewife.
go tranny and marry an old man
>>
>>48881218
This I would play. Something is rotten in your seemingly idyllic suburb, and you and the girls must fix it before Betty ' s garden party next Saturday.
>>
File: Not_Sure_Fry.jpg (55KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
Not_Sure_Fry.jpg
55KB, 604x453px
>>48881590
>>
>>48882146
Exactly. Your husbands aren't listening. The police won't do anything, so solving the mystery and fixing what's gone wrong all falls to you and the girls.

The game becomes 25% Leave it to Beaver, 25% Scooby Doo and 50% Twilight Zone.
>>
>>48881773
I'm actually not that surprised by this point.
>>
>>48881773
It depends on the country, really. Women were allowed to vote in most of the West, in Red China and in the Eastern Bloc, but not in Switzerland, for example.
>>
>>48882286
>>48882146

Just take the plot to the movie "The Burbs" and adapt it to fit a 1950s setting where all the characters are housewives.
>>
>>48881590

Bait
>>
>>48877013

Just use Don't Rest your Head with the movies' ideas that were going strong at the time.
>>
>>48882266
I've got some bad news... You're just stupid.

Read his post and the one he was replying to a few more times.
>>
>>48881066
>Yandere Simulator - 10 Years Later
>>
>>48882580
Maybe you should read those posts you stupid fuck.
>>
>>48880831
> >nam
> >heroes welcome
>Are you younger than 20 by chance?

Don't tell me you believe that urban legend about the hippies spitting on veterans?
Hippies generally saw the returning soldiers as victims of the machine rather than heroes, but they still welcomed them home. Often with flowers, hugs, and offers of drugs and sex.
There's only one documented instance of a veteran being spat on during the Vietnam era, and that was a WWII veteran who was part of an anti-war rally.
>>
>>48881045
>The goverment, don't care about the workers.

Why should the goverment care for you?
Are you unable to care for yourself?
Are you unable to make informed decisions about your well being?

Your employer should make efforts to make those he employs are able to work safe, efficiently and fairly compensated for doing so and no more.
>>
File: 5154087200_f1a64f6258.jpg (34KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
5154087200_f1a64f6258.jpg
34KB, 250x235px
>>48882820
>Hippies generally saw the returning soldiers as victims of the machine
What peacenik shit were you smoking? They saw them as part of the machine and the face of it. Some of them did welcome them home with open arms but others scorned them for doing something they had no control over.

>There's only one documented instance of a veteran being spat on during the Vietnam era, and that was a WWII veteran who was part of an anti-war rally.
???
>>
>>48882845

So what happens if he doesn't?
>>
>>48882881
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

Your employer can care a great deal, your family, your local services but the big Government should not be seen, felt or heard from.
>>
>>48882865

Nonsense. I was a child of hippies, with veteran relatives and grew up around both hippies and vietnam vets. This whole thing is revisionist horseshit.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2009/08/26/part-two-spitting-image-this-legacy-of-vietnam-is-a-myth/

>Jerry Lembcke demonstrated what we know to be true, and in fact challenge any believers in this myth to straighten us out by providing the main ingredient to make myth reality – solid proof. Jerry was the first sincere scholarly researcher to show that not a single incident of this sort has been convincingly documented. Rather, the anti-war Left saw in Veterans a natural ally, and the relationship between anti-war forces and most Veterans was defined by mutual support.

>Indeed it was reported that one Soldier wrote angrily to Nixon’s Vice President Spiro Agnew that the only Americans who seemed concerned about the Soldier’s welfare were the anti-war activists. While Veterans were sometimes made to feel uncomfortable about their service, this sense of unease was, Lembcke argues, more often rooted in the political practices of the Right.

>>???

I mean what I said: that the only documented case of a veteran being spat on during those years was an incident where a right-wing asshole spat on a WWII veteran who was protesting against the Vietnam war.
>>
>>48882820
watch?v=X_x2Yl7xW8U

It's the same testimony from every one of our soldiers you scum, hippie animals spitting on and throwing shit at troops. I'd kill all of you dirty commie hippies myself if I could. You degenerates deserve nothing but the grave.
>>
>>48882932

... Are you just bitching about the Federal government being a thing?

I think you are.

And besides everyone loves the delusion that they are making the world better.
>>
>>48882713
>Maybe you should read those posts you stupid fuck.

Anon seems like he's clearly making a joke about the Japanese perception of lesbians not being real. You just seem like you're eager to get upset at people on the Internet.
>>
"No woman should be authorized to stay at home and raise her children. Society should be totally different. Women should not have that choice, precisely because if there is such a choice, too many women will make that one." -- Simone de Beauvoir

"How will the family unit be destroyed? ... the demand alone will throw the whole ideology of the family into question, so that women can begin establishing a community of work with each other and we can fight collectively. Women will feel freer to leave their husbands and become economically independent, either through a job or welfare." -- Roxanne Dunbar

This is what feminists actually want. The first wave, and every subsequent, have been and will keep on destroying society until there's nothing left.
>>
>>48882980
You just seem like you're eager to overlook the fact that some here believe some really stupid shit.
>>
>>48883043
Go be stupid back in /pol/
>>
>>48882973
He's quoting someone who's much more eloquent's bitching - C.S. Lewis, in fact, so it's not about the federal government - it's from a collection of his essays called "God in the dock", so most of the busybodies are likely the religious sort
>>
>>48882820
I was more talking about the system that forgot them entirely and let them rot for a good long time before actually helping them.
>>
>>48882980
Lesbian anon here. This was the joke.
Funfact: they do however believe gays are a thing though. Just not lesbians.
>>
>>48883045
>I know you are but what am I
Nice.
>>
>>48883177
>I was more talking about the system that forgot them entirely and let them rot for a good long time before actually helping them.

That's cool. That's actually true. My vet relatives got shafted pretty hard when they came back.
>>
File: 800px-NO_U_Keyboard.jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
800px-NO_U_Keyboard.jpg
92KB, 800x600px
>>48883234
>>
File: greengrocer.jpg (17KB, 514x344px) Image search: [Google]
greengrocer.jpg
17KB, 514x344px
>All I ever want is a house a little out of the way
>Wife to raise children, cook, bake
>barn full of old motorcycle parts
>Fertile soil to grow some vegetables
>A room with a few games and drinks to entertain /tg/ friends
>Land enough to hunt a deer or boar
>Eye-wateringly intense bumsex

Are there any women left that want this sort of life?
>>
>>48883385
Plenty, but they want to controll your entire life, and use you as a prop for their social climbing.
>>
>>48877013
>I wish there was a game where I could roleplay as a traditional 1950s housewife.
WHY!?
That sounds boring as hell!
>>
>>48883385
super reasonable, except for maybe the bumsex part
>>
File: sadgungrabber.jpg (31KB, 634x358px) Image search: [Google]
sadgungrabber.jpg
31KB, 634x358px
>>48883431
Sorry, that's a deal breaker fo me, anon. I wish you look in your future engagements.
>>
>>48883398

Show me on the doll where the women didn't touch you.
>>
File: 1469672161349.gif (397KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
1469672161349.gif
397KB, 245x138px
>>48883385
>>Eye-wateringly intense bumsex
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 644x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 644x408px
>>48883385
>have all of that and life still has that empty feeling
>>
Isn't this the perfect setup for a World of Darkness game?

It automatically limits the resident Murderhobo, since I doubt Sears carries as many explosives as Home Depot or Lowe's, and how would a housewife even have that knowledge? The Anarchist cookbook didn't come out until 1971.

They'd have to search for things on their own too. No internet or drones to spy on people from safety.
>>
>>48883515
The world does not owe your life meaning, anon. You must find it for yourself, to build a legacy for your son to inherit.

I'm the first of my family to land in the Americas from Europe, I intend my great great grandson to tell his boy stories about me and what I left them.
>>
>>48883630
What is this 1912?
>>
>>48883385
I can't say I understand the sentiment, but I do empathize for you.
>>
>>48883630
I don't plan on having kids. What with the state the worlds in and heading towards, the overpopulation issues that will be problems, and the fact that while my partner is not her parents will do anything and everything they can legal or otherwise to force the kid into hardcore chop your dick off so you don't masturbate type of christianity.
It just wouldn't be fair on a moral standing to bring new life into that.
I honestly wonder if its just severe depression.
>>
>>48883630
Also why would you come here. There's nothing here that Europe doesn't have and europe is a LOT nicer to immigrants than we are right down to some countries handing out free houses whereas in america you probably won't break $10 an hour in your lifetime for your origin.
>>
>>48883385
I've got everything but the barn full of garbage. Life is sweet.
>>
File: 225px-Thomas_Paine_rev1.jpg (12KB, 225x303px) Image search: [Google]
225px-Thomas_Paine_rev1.jpg
12KB, 225x303px
>>48883650
>>48883662
>>48883683

I do not understant not wanting to do so, it was until very recently hardcoded in to our minds that men should want offspring, until recently it was biological rather than just behavioral. I weep to see this sort of thinking. It is not that I am from the Eastern European nations that tend to think a little behind the times, but from Northern Europe, England.

I believe it might be severe depression, anon. I would urge to fight with every bit of grit you can muster.

>>48883699
I don't want handouts, nor will I ever ask for one. Having been in the US for half a decade I can say with damning certainty that everything you have said is false, dishonest and contemptable. It speaks more of your want to recieve free things from the Government than anything else.

I have no formal education past the age of 16 but I'll be damned if that stopped me, work is there I make $21 an hour doing warehousing work, it's brutally hard sometimes extending in to 16+ hour plus shifts but damn it pays well and keeps me whisky, HD parts and bullets.
>>
>>48883630
>implying you can find meaning in the endless abyss of time

Even the Sun will not shine forever, anon. Your stories will be forgotten in the blink of an eye.
>>
>>48883754
I wasn't saying handouts are good just thats its currently vastly easier to make a living with the outcome of leaving things behind for children over in europe than it is here.
I'm not going to throw out where i work but i routinely get to see immigrants legal or otherwise treated like shit for being non-american and then paid like shit for a huge project or long days work with no safety equipment so maybe you found a better place to be than here or maybe you got lucky.
Hint: its the most common destination for immigrants in america. So maybe thats why people here do that sort of shit.
>>
>>48882968

You're a little late to the red scare friendo. Maybe shoot yourself so your delusions of the pinko scourage can finally end.
>>
>>48883754
I don't even know what it's like to have a solid family. How can I provide a child something I've never had myself?
>>
File: fassburton.jpg (75KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
fassburton.jpg
75KB, 1024x683px
>>48883765
Then I will do all a man can to make sure that my family is their to witness it.

>>48883796
Having worked with those who stood outside Home Depot (Legally) I can say that the were all illegal, it is not because they are immigrants but because they do not show any intention of following the traditions that make the country what it is. They wish for enclaves and hyphenated Americans.

I view the whole situtation in Europe destetable in that they would sell out their own citizens and peoples in favor of political point-scoring and cheap votes.
>>
>>48883765
This. There is no such thing as a proper lasting legacy. You could have your name written down forever in books and history but no one will remember exactly who you were as a person and as such you're essentially forgotten in all but name and picture. Hell even amongst family your proper memory won't last past 50 years and your lesser memory for 80-90.
>>
>>48883815
But the Red Scare was legit. They recently declassified a piss ton of archives from russia that basically say we were right all along. We didn't even catch most of them. One even wrote award winning articles denouncing the red scare for propaganda and we didn't know he was a commie till recently.
>>
File: happygrabber.jpg (33KB, 400x509px) Image search: [Google]
happygrabber.jpg
33KB, 400x509px
>>48883848
By doing what is right, you know in your mind what you missed and what you wanted during your youth.

You will make doubly sure any child of yours has to experience what you did.

>>48883857
I am not trying to convince you of anything, personally I think it is worth striving for. A good goal, however unobtainable, for living a rich and full life.
>>
>>48881576
All of them, including the manager.
>>
>>48883850
>I view the whole situtation in Europe destetable in that they would sell out their own citizens and peoples in favor of political point-scoring and cheap votes.
You do realize thats america to a T? Right? Seriously, just replace "Europe" with "America" in that sentence. Our middle class, the fucking pillar and back one of our own country, is being willfully sold out to outsourcing and downsizing for cash by companies whereas our political leaders and potentials go state to state making vague statements that contain hotwords the audience wants to hear before moving on to the next and doing a vaguely contradictory speech that that audience wants to hear.
The only thing we're good at right now is military and economic superiority and economic superiority is waning faster and faster each year and our military is being hindered at every step currently.
Like i said earlier we're no better off than any other place really and we treat immigrants far worse, case and point 16+ hour work days in hard manual labor is pretty shit by our standards.
>>
>>48883876
>But the Red Scare was legit.

There's a pretty big region inbetween "there were no commie spies at all, comrade" and "the Red Scare was legit." The McCarthy hearings were still a witch hunt that ruined innocent lives, even if there were some real witches out there.
>>
>>48884003
Doesn't negate the fact the fear was legitimized even if it was years later.
>>
>>48880976
>I'm sure companies love it.
It was a good way to not hire niggers, so they apparently generally felt they lucked out.
>>
>>48883095
IIRC the busybody is literally God himself.
>>
>>48883985
The "middle class" exists only because it is convinced it does, and there is no more an "American people" than there is an "indigenous Antarctic."
>>
>>48881072

Not a historian, but afaik, you are basically correct. No one knew shit about Korea, the heroes who had won WW2 and thought they could settle down to a life of peace and prosperity were suddenly called back to a war they didn't understand or want, Macarthur (outside of Inchon) fucked the soldiers and the American armed forces so hard I wouldn't be surprised if it came out he was actually working for the Chinese, and the quick victory the Americans were promised became a grinding stalemate that ended with territory changes more reminiscent of WW1 trench fighting (~1500 square miles when Korea as a whole is over 85,000 square miles in area) than what they had come to expect after the ass-kicking of WW2.
>>
>>48884023
But they HAVE to hire niggers. Its a legal quota requirement.
>>
>>48883815
It was proven, albeit forgotten, that the Flower Power movmement was began by Commies in order to undermine public opinion in fighting expanding communism. It very nearly worked too.

>>48883985
>You do realize thats america to a T? Right? Seriously, just replace "Europe" with "America" in that sentence.
You suffer from illegal immigration, Europe suffers from legal. It is quite different, however it is done for similar reasons.

>Case and point 16+ hour work days in hard manual labor is pretty shit by our standards.
You may think so, but I have a very comfortable standard of living, not yet 30 and have a new car almost paid off with a 11k bike nearly done the same, I have savings with which to buy a house in the next 5 years, i have a 401k that is doing well. Occasionally I will have to work 16 hours once every other week or so when demand is there but it is the price I gladly pay to enjoy the life I do.
>>
>>48884022
Having a legitimate fear doesn't make an action legit. If I accuse you of being a pedophile, is that legit?
>>
>>48880681
dude what the fuck
find something better to do
>>
File: tfw.jpg (53KB, 958x973px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
53KB, 958x973px
>>48882865
>What peacenik shit were you smoking? They saw them as part of the machine and the face of it. Some of them did welcome them home with open arms but others scorned them for doing something they had no control over.
Yeah, they hated people who were drafted so much that they actively supported draft dodgers and democratic anti-war actions within the US army in Vietnam. They hated people who actually fought so much that they invited them to speak about the war in private meetings and during public demonstrations.

Makes perfect fucking sense.
>>
Ceterum autem censeo /pol/ esse delendam
>>
>>48882932
>but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
Does this person actually believe that robber barons feel bad about exploiting their hired hands?
>>
>>48884060
No so its entirely different. If i accuse you of being an idiot however that would be justified as are actions taken against you for that reason.
>>
>>48883204
>Funfact: they do however believe gays are a thing though. Just not lesbians.
I gather that this is a global thing.
>>
>>48884153
Yes. They're one of those people that truly believes all human deep down care for others or wouldn't murder people or rape or commit violent acts for joy.
>>
>>48884153
No, he is saying that those who exploit people with the earnest belief that they have God/Right/Law/morals on their side will always be more brutal and unforgiving than the robber who operates against God/Right/Law/morals.

>>48884114
>Draft dodger returns to see soldiers who did their duty while he hid like a coward begins to despise the returning soldiers who are suddenly very desirable by women.
>>
>>48884146

That's the dilemma of containment boards, though. Keep them, and the cancer will inevitably spread. Destroy them, and the cancer will disperse and become that much harder to root out.
>>
>>48884182
At least in america and most western european countries they're more or less viewed as legit. Asia just has this thing where they legit believe all women want the D, a husband, and children. The main issue is they have the christmas cakes being the ones who mostly come out as lesbian as they feel the pressure and expectations have passed. So most just say its because they can't get a husband and have to resort to other women in the same boat.
>>
>>48884037
Niggers or women.

White women slipped in on the quota by reminding white males that they better not treat them worse than niggers, companies hired white women over niggers every single time.
Niggers fought and died to increase the white share once again.
>>
>>48884202

Dude, vets were not seen as heroes by the average American. Some were, in especially hawkish/conservative communities, but by and large they were seen as a painful reminder of a war that the people did not want and could not understand.
>>
>>48884056
>It was proven, albeit forgotten, that the Flower Power movmement was began by Commies in order to undermine public opinion in fighting expanding communism. It very nearly worked too.

>proven

Nigga, the Soviets loved to claim credit for everything. If the sun rose in the morning they would say it was because the glorious party had made it so.
You see it to this day, whenever there's a popular political rally, some sad old commie fuckers rush in and set up a booth and try to pretend it was their idea and they are in charge of everything. The only people who believe them are retarded right wing websites.
>>
>>48884212
4chan was certainly better before /pol/ was created. /new/ had nothing like the spillover /pol/ has, and too much of /pol/ comes from other sites and takes things too seriously.
>>
>>48884254
Never said heros, you did. I said that women found ex-servicemen very desirable. A large amount, more than half, of the US population understood the war quite well and what would happen if they did not fight it.

It was students, largely partially educated students that led and populated the anti-war movement.

>>48884255
I would recommend you view who the key leaders of the movement were (Not the music makers, nor the most vocal but those who funded it) and then find what party they were affiliated with (Communist Part of America) and then find out what the exclusive and stated AIM of that party was and further, find out where the leaders of said party frequently visted.
>>
>>48884202
>No, he is saying that those who exploit people with the earnest belief that they have God/Right/Law/morals on their side will always be more brutal and unforgiving than the robber who operates against God/Right/Law/morals.

Do I seriously need to type out that robber barons felt that exploiting workers was both right and just? And that they got the law changed when it wasn't on their side yet?
>>
>>48884241
Not sure about where you live but its separate here. female workers qouta's, minority quota's, and disabled quota's. Fines are huge too.
>>
>>48884329
>key leaders of the movement

>of a popular movement

Yes, "key figures" are a favorite theme of the paranoid. Everyone takes their marching orders from on high, after all.
>>
>>48884222
>At least in america and most western european countries they're more or less viewed as legit.
I gather that being offered the magical penetration experience that will make you heterosexual is a pretty regular thing for lesbians.
>>
I want to be the wifebeater husband that is always drunk and watches tv all day
>>
>>48884366
From 1959 until 1989, when Gus Hall attacked the initiatives taken by Mikhail Gorbachev in the Soviet Union, the CPUSA received a substantial subsidy from the Soviet Union. There is at least one receipt signed by Gus Hall in the KGB archives.[74] Starting with $75,000 in 1959 this was increased gradually to $3 million in 1987. This substantial amount reflected the Party's loyalty to the Moscow line,
>>
>>48884582

>The US communist party was connected to the Soviet Union

No shit, sherlock.

>Therefore Woodstock was a commie plot

Is the part where I'm calling you a paranoid looney.
>>
>>48884688
Is it so difficult to believe that the the USCP recieved millions to disrupt the fighting ability of the US?

That the Soviet Union and their security agencies, being the best the world as ever seen, were not able to begin a movement with the soul intention of weakening American ability to project strength?

It is no different to what is happening with Black Lives Matter movement, it was built on what we know is a lie, the points they proclaim have been proven never to happen, yet the media, those in power and those in the streets desperately believe it. It is funded directly by a man who is desperate to remain out of the public eye.
>>
>>48877013
But anon, we already are dead inside. What's to roleplay?
>>
>>48880534
>draw a girl, call it a boy
And yet, I still get a boner
>>
>>48884786
1950's women were the last decade women to claim across the board happiness and contentedness with life. Last year alone only 16% claimed that which is currently in line with men at 18%. Men in the 50's were at 80%.
>>
File: 0OgTP5q.jpg (175KB, 898x449px) Image search: [Google]
0OgTP5q.jpg
175KB, 898x449px
>>48884842
>>
>>48880681
do you think women's suffrage only happened in like 2008 or what

also alimony has been a thing for centuries if not millenia
>>
>>48884774

I know "the hippie antiwar movement is a commie plot" was a popular meme on the right back in the day, and it's still popular in certain circles, but it doesn't make any sense unless you buy into collectivist thinking and the motive fallacy.

Here, let's try an illustration that's removed from the politically charged arena.
Everyone likes dogs, right? Okay, say there's an evil man who likes to sneak into people's houses and fuck their dogs while they're away.
Say he's also rich, and that he gives money to dog rescue organizations that help find homes for stray dogs. Because it's no fun unless the dog has a home, mwa ha ha!
Now he has a sick motive to do this, but the fact that he gave money to those people does not make them my dupes. It does not mean that dog rescue organizations are an evil dogfucker plot. It does not mean that it's wrong to support dog rescues. All it means is that he's an asshole.

Similarly, the fact that the Soviets gave money to the CPUSA, and the CPUSA gave money to antiwar organizations means nothing in the broader picture. It doesn't mean that they were wrong to do so. Having a motive to believe a thing does not invalidate the belief.
It absolutely doesn't mean that everybody else who opposed the war was just a stupid dupe of the tricky communists whose ideas should be discarded.
>>
>>48881681
>most have the common courtesy to give you a reach around
I exhaled louder than usual
>>
>>48884912
>make them my dupes.

should be

>make them dupes

(Oh no, my evil plot has been uncovered!)
>>
>>48881218
>>48882146
>something is rotten in your idyllic suburb
>it's you, because it's an Evil campaign
>>
>>48884289

Ehhhh, idk. I do miss /b/ fucking with stormfags something fierce, but I feel like the current spillover is more due to current politics and the fact that 4chan is more popular now that it was then.

Also, obligatory "4chan was never good"[
>>
>>48884912
>Just because the CPUSA's Chairman recieved funding directly from Moscow does not mean that he was under instructions from Russia.
>Just because it was at the height of the Cold War does not mean that directly funding a socio-economic platform that is counter to the founding priciples
>Just because Russia commies didn't personally book Janis Joplin means it is not a massive pinko plot to undermine public faith in a proxy war
>>
>>48884869
Is this satirical-stupid or just stupid?
>>
>>48885042
>Just because the CPUSA's Chairman recieved funding directly from Moscow does not mean that he was under instructions from Russia.

The fact that he was under instructions from Russia does not mean that everyone who recieved cash from the CPUSA was under their instructions, however. Hell, not everyone who received cash from Russia was under their instructions, for that matter. You can't just trace money and say "these people are all under orders, therefore the entire antiwar movement is a plot"

Your following points are gibberish and facetious, respectively.

That's
>>
>>48884842
"Ignorance is bliss"
They literally lived in an artificial world, where you couldn't care about yourself, because you had to take care of your husband, fuck-knows-how-many kids and social standing, because God forbid you don't socialise with other soulless housewifes. You were supposed to echo your husband's opinions on everything, because "he is the provider". If you grew emotionally fatigued by living such a life, you would be sent to a psychiatric institution as "hysteric" or "unstable". After you aged and lost some of your beauty your husband would be "working late" more and more while caring about you and your family less and less.
It was fucking hollow existance and you know it. They had to either get used to it or go mad.
>>
>>48885085
Everything that starts off as satire will eventually become true stupidity as soon as some dimwit chucklefuck reads it and doesn't realise that he's the real butt of the joke.
>>
>>48885147
So Russia, a country that is actively fighting a war of politics, ideals and proxies hands out money to parties directly loyal to Russia without conditions on how it is to be used?

It did this to Korea, China, Vietnam, Italy, Britain, France, Germany and many others with the stated purpose of bringing the respective countries closer to Communism.
>>
>>48885196
Poe's Law
>>
I knew what I would see when entering this thread, and yet, I am still... disappointed, I guess?
>>
File: 1468973878964.jpg (63KB, 323x320px) Image search: [Google]
1468973878964.jpg
63KB, 323x320px
>>48885085
>>48885196

Given the choice between two women, one has partied and been fucked to ruin by numerous partners, has no idea how to cook, or care for children, has no interest in running a house while the other is the opposite you would be hard pressed to pick one over the other?

You lie. Men want the same thing they ever have, all women may not want it but a lot of men do and you are lying to say otherwise.

Men's happiness has remained quite constant with a dip in the last 10-15 years, women's self reported happiness has been declining steadily since the 70's.
>>
>>48885269
Hope is an illusion, so you really shouldn't have been surprised.
>>
>>48885269
I'm honestly not sure what else you expected.
>>
>>48885277

Why have the two extremes as the choices? I don't want a party girl *or* a virgin who's deepest desire is to be a housewife. Project all you want, I'd rather have a cute gal who's compatible with me both emotionally and sexually, a companion to share my life with. The party girl can't provide that, and the housewife'd just be dead weight.

Oh, and inb4 you tell me what I "actually" want. Cos you're totally in my head, right?
Seriously, get out of my head. I'm not going to burn down that church regardless of how annoying you are.
>>
>>48885400
Anon, there are no demons in your head. Please calm down.
>>
>>48885277
I prefer to be free to choose my unhappiness than to be told how should I be happy
>>
>>48885269
>>48885345
>>48885288

I was really hoping for campy scifi or surreally horrific fun where all the 50s housewife PCs would be forced to woman up and get serious in the face of whatever was threatening their homes.
>>
File: Psionicbarbers.jpg (57KB, 606x536px) Image search: [Google]
Psionicbarbers.jpg
57KB, 606x536px
>>48885400
>>48885415

I never mentioned an extreme, you have one woman who has been a slut and one who has not. Otherwise they are identical.

No man serious about starting a family would ever pick the slut, it is a lie. One that is constantly touted as being true or not mattering.
>>
>>48884774
>It is no different to what is happening with Black Lives Matter movement, it was built on what we know is a lie, the points they proclaim have been proven never to happen, yet the media, those in power and those in the streets desperately believe it. It is funded directly by a man who is desperate to remain out of the public eye.
I assume you weren't yet alive when the Rodney King videotape went public.
>>
>>48885550

>Otherwise they are identical.
Did you forget your own post? You said

>>has no idea how to cook, or care for children, has no interest in running a house

none of which are linked to promiscuity. And you used extremes whether or not you called them as such; the non-slut is the epitome of the "traditional 50s housewife material" and the party girl is the antithesis.

Also, just because you would not pick the party girl to marry doesn't mean that other men would not. You can disbelieve that such men exist, but that has no bearing on whether or not they do. If you want to convince me that they are a lie, you need to cite your sources or reasoning.

>>48885413
I was going to make a joke about how calling Varg a demon is racist, but now that I've thought about it, would "demon" be a race?
>>
>>48885442
50's women "womaning up" usually resulted in psychiatric care and public humiliation for the husband, anon.
>>
>>48885400
they took your foreskin you take their lives, anon. REMEMBER THE DEAL, ANON!
>>
>>48885741

While that may have been true, the point of a game like that would have been to satirize those stereotypes and societal stresses and to play characters that overcome them to be the heroines of the story.
>>
>>48885625
Stop, anon.
I learned years ago that people refuse to believe people in a position of power are ready and willing to abuse it when they know they can get away with it.
>>
>>48885893
>solve the eldritch mystery with the other houses wives of the culdesac and be done in time to make your man his TV dinner and whiskey on the rocks
I could get into that. Maybe gossip and call becky the BBEG a bitch at some point.
>>
Ah, the 1950s. A period poorly understood and exaggerated by both sides of the great political divide. Anyway, I would try GURPS: Atomic Horror!
>>
>>48885952
I don't care, anon. If i have to drag it kicking and screaming into a state of guys being guys and gals being gals with gentle christian overtones and good music then thats just what i'll do. Maybe punch some pinko's on the way for good measure.
>>
>>48880880
The most news Americans noticed with Korea was with air pilots. It's called 'the Forgotten War' for a reason.
>>
File: 76950555_131675493742.jpg (13KB, 250x332px) Image search: [Google]
76950555_131675493742.jpg
13KB, 250x332px
>>48885625
>July 27, 1987: According to a complaint filed by his wife, King beat her while she was sleeping, then dragged her outside the house and beat her again. King was charged with battery and pleaded "no contest." He was placed on probation and ordered to obtain counseling. He never got the counseling.

>November 3, 1989: King, brandishing a tire iron, ordered a convenience store clerk to empty the cash register. The clerk grabbed the tire iron, causing King to fall backwards and knock over a pie rack. King swung the rack at the clerk and fled the store with $200. King was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, second-degree robbery, and intent to commit great bodily injury. In a plea agreement, King pleaded guilty to the robbery charge and the other charges were dropped. He was sentenced to two years in prison, but was paroled on December 27, 1990.

>March 3, 1991: After being seen speeding on the 210 freeway by CHP officers, King led them on a chase at speeds estimated at up to 110 to 115 mph. When finally stopped, King refused requests to get into the prone position and appeared to charge one of the officers. He was beaten and arrested. King was charged with felony evading. Charges were later dropped.

Stop breaking the law, each and every one of these incidents is predicated on the criminal breaking the law, refusing to cooperate or outright attacking police. Even the ones in the last few years, almost without fail they have been thugs trying to posture and intimidate a cop.
>>
>>48886010
We had a war with korea? Is this why bestkorea's a shit hole?
i'm joking just to be clear. Out of all the wars that was the one grandpa hated cause he never got any real recognition for his flying. Got a cool gun made from some garand a gook salvaged by shoving it on a plank of wood and holding it on with wire and nails as a war trophy even.
>>
File: chamas.jpg (330KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
chamas.jpg
330KB, 2400x1800px
>>48885902
>Criminal breaks law
>Criminal puts officer at risk
>Criminal puts innocent lives at risk
>Criminal gets caught by determined police officer
>Criminal fights, spits and threatens police officer
>Police officer shuts him up with generous application of behavior stick
>Criminal cries at his unjust reaction to his behavior
>Police officer is now demonized, criminal is now humanized

I agree with your sentiment but believe it applies to people much higher up the chain, the local police department wish for nothing more than a quiet night on patrol and a pat on the back now and then.

You are commenting on people who are like you and I, they work 9-5 they go home to their family, they do a public service. They do not go out to enforce their rule at the end of a gun, go speak with your local police department see them.

The vast majority of people will never have an interaction with a LEO and gain all their information from civil rights leaders promoting hate and agendas.
>>
>>48886156
Visit police BBQ's quite often. Sadly about 95% of them are assholes and terrible people who couldn't get jobs elsewhere or felt they couldn't. It's a shame since it legitimately paints them as assholes which isn't what police officers should be but then again thats all they got to hire from.
>>
>>48884829

You know there are femboys running around out there that actually look like that, right? Not every tranny, crossdresser and faggot looks like Chris Chan.

Kinda like how there are really ugly women out there that can pass for men.
>>
>>48886233
This. Especially now since we got titty skittles acceptance at such young ages recently so now they can grow up under hormonal influences that give them proper proportions.
>>
>>48886231
Can you go in to more detail?

Where are you located?
What they do to be assholes?
Instances of bad policing?
>>
>>48886298
There was a moment I thought you were trying to ruse me, but then I remembered that people ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW. That they genuinely need to have the experiences of others explained to them in detail because their subjective views are seen as objective, like an autistic child.
>>
>>48886407
>He busted me for smoking weed in my car
FACIST
>He wasn't completely polite when he asked me what me and my brother were doing at 1am in the morning outside somebodys house
RACIST
>He made me feel inferior and weak because of his size and confidence
PIG
>>
>>48886298
A. No.
B. They'll general dicks to others not of the force as they feel this fact makes them superior.
C. Traffic stops to inconvenience because they can and because point B., stop hot chicks to hit on them, super racist in that "well i'm not a racist BUT..." Type of way, we have a LOT of complaints that get buried for brutality, will give you shit when they pull you over just for inconveniencing them, i've seen one break a tail light on a walk up rather than print it just to ticket them for it and when the guy bitched he cracked his mirror off and fined him for that too, they'll pull you over for speeding if you pass them, i've seen one give a "cavity search" to a drunk chick before sending her home with no ticket or arrest, they're VERY liberal with tazers, if it actually makes it to the local news they just go "our job is SOOO hard and we're only human and we're SOOO stressed cut us some slack." Then the local union chief blasts people openly for complaining until they shut up, and they routiney give false tickets they WANT you to challenge then line up days for court where they'll go and defend those tickets to a sympathetic judge as the tickets earn the department money and the time at court earns them extra pay.
First tuesday to thursday every month is the time where they hunt people down for making ther quota for tickets that way the rest can just be easy going and any extra's are icing on the cake.
>>
>>48884340
Look, the key point is that when the robber baron has nobody to torment at the end of the day, he puts his feet up, lights a cigar with a $100 bill, and enjoys a relaxing evening.

When the theocrat sits down at the end of the day, they're ashamed of themselves for the slothful need to sleep where there are more people out there who need to be made miserable.

Anon also left out the next few lines, which mention that while an evil man may yet still feel a pang of conscience at his actions, though many don't; the theocrat will never relent because they've painted the urging of their conscience to be the voice of temptation.
>>
>>48886463
They're*
>>
>>48877013
Marriage. Or be that creep playing house with little boys
>>
>>48884153
No, he believes that they exploit their hired hands because they want some money. They don't care if the hired hand finds a way to be happy on his off hours as long as they can squeeze him. The omnipotent moral busybody doesn't care that the hired hand is being squeezed for money, as long as he's being squeezed, because it's good for him, and they can't let themselves stop squeezing him for a minute or he might turn bad again.
>>
>>48886493
>not wanting to be the wife to a make-pretend harem of boys you're training to be absolutely devoted and dote on you
>not enjoying all that extra attention from energetic young men
>not using the games to help get chores done easier
>not teaching them how to treat a lady
>not teaching them how to "treat" a lady
It's like you're not even trying.
>>
>>48886463
>B. They'll general dicks to others not of the force as they feel this fact makes them superior.
This happens in every other profession in the world, bankers look down on non-bankers, doctors on non-doctors, I look down on people who weren't in the army... and marines. This is human behavior and not acting like an asshole. You conflate pride and arrogance.

You sound very unhinged anon, like you are following around traffic stops all the time. No cop can give 'a cavity search' as you claim the claim is as hiliarious as it is retarded.

>They're VERY liberal with tazers
If you stop trying to resist they will not shoot you with tazers, this has been proven time and time again.

>"our job is SOOO hard and we're only human and we're SOOO stressed cut us some slack."
This is true, could you spent all your day watching child abusers, wife beaters and the scum of humanity do acts without it affecting you? I could not, police officer and teacher are the two most under appreciated professions in the West. I could do neither. The former are being demonzed over criminals.

>First tuesday to thursday every month is the time where they hunt people down for making ther quota for tickets that way the rest can just be easy going and any extra's are icing on the cake.
This makes no sense, they would hunt people down at the -end- of the month to make up quotas that come down from the federal level.
>>
File: 1470072934098.jpg (55KB, 657x539px) Image search: [Google]
1470072934098.jpg
55KB, 657x539px
>>48886530
>and they can't let themselves stop squeezing him for a minute or he might turn bad again.

This. This is the the point in which you are presumed guilty of something you are yet to do. This is the moment you live under a tyranical government.
>>
>>48886599
Nah. I used to do ride alongs as a kid cause i thought the local force was cool and not completely populated by dicks. Like i said the chick was drunk, enough to not seem to notice the search and i'm not even sure she drove away after that cause we left before she even got back in the car.
By "liberal use" if your hands aren't up instantly without verbally being told to your chances of being tazed are 80 out of 100.
They get paid MORE for tickets after the quota. The sooner they meet it the better.
>>
>>48886599
>this has been proven time and time again.
>he didn't see the video of the guy who informed the officer he had a legally owned firearm with a cc license and was shot 4 times at point blank range while reaching for the wallet the officer asked him for
>literally did everything he was legally obligated to do
>didn't matter
>but it was the dead guy's fault :^)
>>
>>48886679
It was his fault for owning one. Everyone knows you can't trust blacks with weapons they're liable to shoot up the place.
>>
File: 1471487258818.jpg (23KB, 439x290px) Image search: [Google]
1471487258818.jpg
23KB, 439x290px
>>48886652
>Nah. I used to do ride alongs as a kid cause i thought the local force was cool and not completely populated by dicks. Like i said the chick was drunk, enough to not seem to notice the search and i'm not even sure she drove away after that cause we left before she even got back in the car.

This again is just too laughable to taken as truth especially in a day in age when social media is everywhere, even ten years ago it was.

>By "liberal use" if your hands aren't up instantly without verbally being told
Do what the officer tells you, his first instinct is to ensure his own safety.

>>48886679
>he didn't see the video of the guy who informed the officer he had a legally owned firearm with a cc license and was shot 4 times at point blank range while reaching for the wallet the officer asked him for

Neither did you, you saw the immediate aftermaths of a woman under the influence of drugs shout he has a permit, he has a permit. The video you allude too does not exist.

>literally did everything he was legally obligated to do
He did not, he hid his hands, intentionally or not, from an officer during an incident in which his stoked out girl friend with gang affilations, kept shouting HE HAS A GUN, HE HAS A GUN.
>>
>>48886729
>in this day and age
Cellphones didn't exist back then and neither did myspace or most forums.
>>
>>48886729
Amusingly enough, you claim what I said didn't happen because "the video doesn't exist", but go on to make a claim that can't be backed up because "the video doesn't exist".
Choose one, anon, you don't get cake and icing too.
>he has a permit, he has a permit
And low and behold, he DID.
>>
The problem with bad police is recursive.

Some cop does something shitty and it gets on the news. People are outraged, the officer is punished, the police are put under greater scrutiny. As a result, more events are found. The news reports this are the rate of events increasing. The police as a group are punished; funding and benefits are cut, more duties and requirements are added. The job becomes less attractive; fewer people apply. With few to choose from and greater pressure to meet all requirements, standards raise and hiring slows. Workload increases. Oversights and failures of procedure become increasingly common as officers try to save time where they can. Further media incidents occur. Public perception of police drops. People quit to avoid stigma or are forced to leave because their circumstances put them in a bad light. Force is still more undermanned. Federal funding is locked or cut until standards are met; pay drops, hours increase, danger level increases.

Being a cop becomes a dangerous job where you deal with shitty people for shit pay, shit hours, and no thanks.
The only people left who'd want it are martyrs or thugs who don't mind shitty conditions if they get a chance to push people around. Guess which is more common.
>>
>>48882820
I believe the veterans who told us about it.
>>
>>48886088
Dude, your grandpa's awesome. Mine was some sort of engineer or something, and mostly groused about the fact that he could've gotten farther than sergeant first class if some general wasn't lazy about promotions.

He gave me a link from a machine gun belt, and some of his old tools, but I don't even know what they're for.
>>
>>48886904
>As a result, more events are found. The news reports this are the rate of events increasing.
Perhaps it's because these events happened more often than people wanted to believe, because the only people they happened to regularly are marginalized and disbelieved because they are *insert whatever*.
Then, when cellphone cameras explode, and events are regularly captured on camera before city officials can spin it, outrage grows because people realize, hey, these things DO happen!
>>
>>48886916
It's funny that most of those stories involve the vets being spat on as they get off the plane, when the planes that brought soldiers back from Vietnam landed at military airports which did not allow civilians entry.

Those hippies must have some fucking strong mouths to spit on people from all the way outside the fence.
>>
File: 1449065603387.jpg (43KB, 476x306px) Image search: [Google]
1449065603387.jpg
43KB, 476x306px
>>48883398
>>48883471

Oh, snap!
>>
>>48886942
The problem I meant to describe is that people don't see it as "it was always happening, I'm just seeing more of it now", they think "Oh my God, they're getting even worse every day! We need to do something now now now!"
>>
>>48886871
Then please do link the video. The fact is the officer can be heard shouting 'I told him not to move, I told him, I told him to remain still' immediately after the recording began implies that he did not cooperate with the police officer.

The fact that you have a permit does not allow you to wave your gun in the air draw it as you please, just like a driving permit does not allow you to drive inside of the mall.

>>48886904
>As a result, more events are found.
I don't believe this is correct, it would be correct to say more confrontations are had with the police in the name of social justice, if you would not agree to that more stress if placed on the individual officer by virtue of having ten people around you booing, hissing and recording your every move and goading you in to crossing a line that they are free to hide behind if they provoke you.

I think you are stuck in the mindset that the majority of cops are bad and you are trying to justify it when in reality the vast and overwhelming majority of LEO are good and decent people, tens of thousands of them do their job without incident every day but when one criminal (and without fail they all have been) dies as a result of his own actions, the entire force is criminalized with public opinion dead against them.

View some of the hearings of Sherrif David A. Clarke in congress, I urge you. The lies spun by the media are exactly that anon, lies.

>Pic related
>>
>>48886982
>"Oh my God, they're getting even worse every day! We need to do something now now now!"
So why is this big movement over the bad cops getting movement NOW?
Dude, my father told me about the things cops did, and got away with, going back to the 50s on forward. What is being shown now isn't new, it literally is same old, business as usual, but only in certain neighborhoods.
A large percentage of Americans didn't believe what happened in those neighborhoods, relying on excuses and ipso facto reasoning as shown in
>>48886729
>>48886599
>>48886156
Where poor behavior by those with granted power is excused and enabled, rather than cleaving to the highest standard possible relative to their power over the civilian population.
America at large is coming to see something I knew existed since I was a boy, and saw myself when I became a young man, and thus, a "problem".
Shit, I don't even dislike cops, the majority of the ones I have dealt with have been good folk doing a hard job, and I respect them. I despise those, however, like >>48884774 who enable abuse of power because the abuse isn't readily apparent to themselves, and officers who turn a blind eye to it, thus helping along the idea that all cops are shitlords because "he who witnesses evil and does nothing" clauses.
>and I'm done, had my fill of giving yous to the troll
>>
>>48886982
The US is a huge nation, the fact is we have a news service that makes it seem like every event that happens tens of hundreds of miles away is happening right down the road. The fact is you could fit the whole of the UK in Texas alone should help putting it in to perspective.

These attacks are not happening all over, they are the overwhelming minority like any other terrorist attack, shooting or fear based argument.
>>
>>48887045
>Then please do link the video. The fact is the officer can be heard shouting 'I told him not to move, I told him, I told him to remain still' immediately after the recording began implies that he did not cooperate with the police officer.
Or it shows that the cop freaked out and shot him in a fit of pique.
>wave your gun in the air
Which never happened, anon, because the firearm was not drawn.
>ugh, why do I bother
>>
>>48886486
>Look, the key point is that when the robber baron has nobody to torment at the end of the day, he puts his feet up, lights a cigar with a $100 bill, and enjoys a relaxing evening.

Not really, they tend to give money to people who will spread the misery for them, either by means of charity or by means of expanding their operations. And if they've just inherited their blood money, they will publically contemplate the benefits of vampirism.
>>
>>48887089
>So why is this big movement over the bad cops getting movement NOW?
As I already said: because one particular event got on the news, people noticed, and while going on about it the other events that would otherwise have been forgotten instead become topical and get in the limelight.
>>
File: mfw.gif (212KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
212KB, 360x360px
>>48885277
As long as the whore brings home cash, I couldn't care less that she doesn't want kids and can't cook for shit, no?

Plus that other woman will be a whore and damaged goods once a penis has touched her vagina AND she can't even hold down a job.
>>
>>48887089
>Where poor behavior by those with granted power is excused and enabled, rather than cleaving to the highest standard possible relative to their power over the civilian population.

They have not exercised poor behavior, this is proven to be false time and time again. Those commiting the offense have shown to exhibit poor choices and suffer the price for making them.

>America at large is coming to see something I knew existed since I was a boy, and saw myself when I became a young man, and thus, a "problem".
The problem is broken households, absent parents, taxation driving out industry and poor employment opportunities.

> I despise those, however, like >>48884774 (You) who enable abuse of power because the abuse isn't readily apparent to themselves, and officers who turn a blind eye to it, thus helping along the idea that all cops are shitlords because "he who witnesses evil and does nothing" clauses.
Abuse of power? A law-enforcement officer is one of the most watched professions in the West, they are treated worse than the criminals they catch. Your argument is full of feelies and has nothing I can tangibly argue against. The officers are found innocent because evidence corrolates with what they said, gun powder residue, coroner reports, reliable eye-witnesses.

My generation is so desperate to fight for a cause they are willing to look past evidence in order to champion it, anything that goes against what they believe is simply shouted in to submission.
>>
>>48887171
Is this an example of le epic redpill?
>>
>>48887171
>living is HAAAARD! Wahhh
>we should just excuse those in higher power of wrong doing because of this fact rather than be strict and only put those capable of handling this job proffesionally in there instead
>but anon! Think of the their hurt feelings of inadequacy don't you want them to feel good about doing a shit job?
>>
>>48877013
...Traveller, except it's 1950s IN SPACE?
>>
>>48887218
>living is HAAAARD! Wahhh
Evidently it is for some as they leave their children

>>we should just excuse those in higher power of wrong doing because of this fact
Cops are not a higher power, people insist on putting them on a pedastal in order to easily knock them off. Your resentment of them comes from the fact they are a public face for authority that we all are subject too.

>>but anon! Think of the their hurt feelings of inadequacy don't you want them to feel good about doing a shit job?
Why does this only apply to white cops? I would dearly love to go up to the black community and tell them to be better people.
>>
>>48882968
>people claiming to have been spit on in an airport
>after Rambo came out
>literally not a single case of someone claiming to have been spit on in an airport before Rambo came out

They also saw Bugs Bunny at Disneyworld.
>>
>>48880963
...that image feels really strange to me.

I like the concept, though...
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 236x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 236x297px
>>48887229
I can dig it.
>>
>>48887251
>Why does this only apply to white cops?

It doesn't for the same reason that 'be better people' doesn't apply to the 'black community'. Because plenty of cops are good people, the problem lies in the shit cops getting covered by everyone else. Plenty of black people aren't murderous thieving rapists, but people hate 'the black community' because everyone involved in that community tries to cover for murderous, thieving rapists with 'he dindu nuffin'.

If people would stop trying to shield the shittiest elements of their community from the justice they deserve, this wouldn't be a problem, but that's asking people not to be people.
>>
>>48883683
>Not moving away with your girl
Your fault
>>
>>48887311
Can you show me three of the big protesting events in which the cop was without a doubt in the wrong? In Baltimore, in Baton Rogue, in Milwaukee is it possible to prove beyond a resonable doubt that the officer was completely and utterly in the wrong with no if and's or buts about it?
>>
>>48887311
byproduct of the us vs them mentality, though this also goes both ways.

If two sides treat everyone on the other side as the enemy, then you protect even the shittiest member of your side from those who are your enemy.

Being able to see nuance is harder than just saying the other side is wrong, and stopping yourself to look for and express nuance when making an argument requires patience and humility.
>>
>>48887356
>was completely and utterly in the wrong with no if and's or buts about it?
can you prove that they were completely and utterly in the right with no ifs ands or butts about it?
Do you apply the same standards to your arguments as you require from others?
>>
>>48887441
No, as under our great body of law you are assumed to be innocent until proven guilty. That no longer is the case as cops are routinely dragged through a trial by media in which their lives are destroyed by the very people they protect.
>>
>>48887356
>Can you show me three of the big protesting events in which the cop was without a doubt in the wrong?

Probably not because you are operating under the assumption that the cops are always in the right, but I shall attempt to do so anyway.

Walter Scott, in 2015.

Eric Garner, in 2014.

The shooting of Levar Jones in 2014.

All are pretty unarguably events of police brutality no matter how you slice it.

Of course all of this is pointless because you can't prove they're completely in the right, either.
>>
>>48887466
>That no longer is the case as cops are routinely dragged through a trial by media in which their lives are destroyed by the very people they protect.

If some of those people didn't end up dead that probably wouldn't be the case.

But alas, I weep bitter tears for them. Part of their job is dealing with media scrutiny, and if they can't deal they should find a different line of work.
>>
>>48887441
>Do you apply the same standards to your arguments as you require from others?

It's /pol/, why even ask that question.
>>
>>48887466
>as under our great body of law you are assumed to be innocent until proven guilty
your correct.
In a court of law, this is true. This is the standard that judges and juries have to operate. This is a higher standard by which the officers of the law must hold themselves too.

The media however, is by that vary same law, allowed to investigate and report what they find. They are allowed to express their opinions on what they find. They are not required to assume innocence.
Because they are not empowered to act beyond the rights of every citizen, even if the law has found someone guilty.

So you support the law, only when it fits your ends, but ignore it when it does not.
>>
>>48887093
That alone doesn't justify sweeping the issue under the rug and not doing something about it. The problem is there, and it will get to the point where evidence is proliferated to the public at such a rate that people either have to acknowledge the fact that it happens or practice a state of constant self-imposed dumbfoundedness. How people react or if people care is another matter.
>>
>>48887471
>Walter Scott, in 2015.
>Discharged from Coast Guard for drugs
>10 arrests on bounty sheet
>Child support
>Assault and Battery
>Drug charges
>Was high on cocaine and drink
>Was fleeing arrest with what the officer thought was his stolen taser

>Eric Garner, in 2014.
>Breaking the law, selling stolen cigs on the street
>Was going to be arrested for breaking the law
>Refused to be placed in cuffs
>Fought off officers who tried to do
>Became animated
>Cause of death was listed on corners report as heart attack

>>48887570
>They are allowed to express their opinions on what they find.
They are indeed, but when that opinion omits key evidence which makes it harder to reconcile with those opiinions is where i draw the line. When they leave out key information that only comes out during congresional hearings, expect witnesses refused to appear on tv in favor of Jamal who 'rolled with the victim deep' is when I start to get tired. In not one of these cases has the full breadth of evidence been presented in mainstream media, they do not bring up that he was selling drugs, not CD's, that the man had an illegal weapon on him, that he was high on PCP, they do not bring in these facts instead they parade the baby-faced picture of him smiling like a gentle giant when he has 20k in child support payments and a histroy of beating his wife with a tire iron.
>>
>>48880769
There's a difference? Doesn't capitalism always lead to consumerism?
>>
>>48887631
It is a by-product of Capitalism, consumerism is a behavioral model not an economic model.
>>
>>48887615
Key evidence like the illegal hold used on Garner, you snow nigger? The one banned for causing life threatening injuries? And not noting how the coroner ruled it a fucking homicide?

Stuff like that, you disingenuous sack of shit?
>>
>>48886957

Yeah, these stories are always "I knew a guy who got spat on" or something. And there's never any documentation from anywhere near the time it supposedly happened. The guy didn't file assault charges against the hippie, he didn't talk to the press or go on record anywhere about this incident until years later, after that movie came out where it happened, and then suddenly you have these rumors and hearsay about how it totally happened coming out of the woodwork.
It's an urban legend, a meme that came out of Hollywood right onto the streets and became believed without a scrap of evidence for it.
>>
>>48887615
>innocent until proven guilty
>can assume guilt based on prior crimes
The cops are to ones who actually have to meet the higher standards you are applying to the media.
Finding out later that he had committed crimes does not retroactively justify their actions.
>>
>>48885018
/b/ doesn't do much shit now, since most people prefer to stay on their own boards instead of checking out /b/. Now it's just shit.
>>
>>48884842
Okay, hold on a fucking second:

You realize that in the 1950s, there was a lot more importance based around having a family and being normal, right? Sometimes it gets to the point where husbands and wives are clearly unsatisfied with their lives and their marriage, but would say that they wouldn't want to give up what they have for the sake of something different or more independence, since they think having a family is more important to them than that.

So basically, women would claim overall happiness with where they're at just because of the situation they've ended up in is what they consider the best place for them, even when they're not happy at all.
>>
>>48887615

>Innocent until proven guilty unless you're not a cop
>>
>>48887615
>fleeing
>DEATH SENTENCE
>selling cigs
>DEATH SENTENCE
It's like Snyder's Judge Dredd.
>>
>>48887850
>>48887909

You are arrested and then charged with crimes then determined guilt by a jury of your peers. He was arrested, it is not a negotiation if you agree to arrest you comply and in order to not compound any offense you do so quietly. He fought.

>>48887909
Resisting arrest and fleeing arrest after having tried to steal a cops weapon are serious. Selling sigs and then refusing to comply with police while knowing you have a host of cardiovasual problems is your own fault, his death was caused by himself. Fleeing any arrest after an altercation with an officer is likewise, espeically after trying to reach for a weapon, you have shown intent, the situation has been escilated.
>>
>>48885193
>It was fucking hollow existance and you know it.
Weird that women were happier with that "hollow" existence, while complaints about a lack of purpose or direction is one of the leading causes of unhappiness among women in our "deep, meaningful" era.

I'm so happy to live in THE CURRENT YEAR and not the artificial 50s without misandrist feminism, demonization of traditional gender roles that mesh almost perfectly with our biological programming, strong moral values, social cohesion and a population that could sustain itself without having to rely on mass migration from third world countries.
>>
>>48888124
>Thinks america was ever without a large immigrant labor force
>>
>>48888124
>Who would of thought telling woman to fight biology would result in unhappiness?
>>
>>48887315
Moving where? Mars? Earths fucked and theres no where i'd feel thats free of that enough to make it fair to bring and raise a child in it.
>>
>>48888167

The millenia prior to 1492?
>>
>>48888167
>7/10 immgrants to the New World returned to Europe within one year
>3/10 that stayed were the hard working industrious ones
>>
File: Housewife_Campaign.jpg (115KB, 1609x320px) Image search: [Google]
Housewife_Campaign.jpg
115KB, 1609x320px
>>48877013
>>
>>48888056
God, I hope one day a cop decides you are resisting arrest. Save us all the trouble.
>>
File: cHzqk.jpg (14KB, 315x160px) Image search: [Google]
cHzqk.jpg
14KB, 315x160px
>>48888403
Anon.
>>
>>48888447
Nigger.

You refuse to accept even for a split second that a cop can be wrong. There's no point in talking to you, other then to hope you get cleansed from the gene pool.

Simple enough for you, you disingenuous sack of shit?
>>
>>48888498
Cops can be wrong, cops are wrong but not nearly on the scope or scale that the media is pushing. For every wrong cop that shoots a man complying with the law there are 999 others that are fearing for their life every time they get a call to the worst part of town.

I can only hope that you get to see the nations bravest in action one day, or speak to the child of a police officer and see just how often the boys stomach is in knots when his father goes to work in the evenings.

There are bad cops but they are less than 1% of the entire nationwide force.
>>
File: haruhishrug[1].png (573KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
haruhishrug[1].png
573KB, 960x540px
>>48888274
What the hell was your GM even thinking? If he knew anything about history or female psychology, he would've predicted this outcome. Look at France from 1940-1944, or Japan after WW2 had ended. Nazi's and Muhreens had no difficulty getting laid with the women whose fathers, husbands and sons they'd just killed. It's just how womankind works: in-group loyalty is disadvantageous to a woman.
>>
>>48888546
>the nations bravest
statistically, if you wanted to watch that demographic you wouldn't be using cops as your pool of observation
>>
>>48888546
God, you have a fucking broken head.

THEY CHOOSE THE JOB. If they can't deal with the pressure or the responsibility, get another fucking job. Don't try to whitewash the protections the corrupt pieces of shit get from the 'good ones'.
>>
>>48888584
I think in those cases it could have been considered short-term survival - France and Japan were both occupied and didn't have the means to freely stand on their own two legs. Faced with the choice of dying in a gutter or being the escort of a German or American soldier, most people will want to live.

I admit I'm not an expert on this period of history, but I'm fairly certain that French and Japanese women were perfectly happy when their occupiers left as well, and their countries, though shaken, now had the means for them to support themselves and get proper French/Japaense families or whatever they wanted to do.
>>
>>48888699
>Faced with the choice of dying in a gutter or being the escort of a German or American soldier, most people will want to live.
Be honest with me here, how many women do you believe were actually confronted with that choice? Especially in Japan?

Women simply love a winner, this is basic evolutionary psychology. This is why men need in-group loyalty while women are more likely to betray their group: a woman will get to fuck a winner no matter what, for a man the only options are "be on the winning side" or "be mutilated and left out on the streets to bleed out".

Notice that in your(?) story, none of the PCs were men. Because the men were all dead.
>>
>>48877013
>bdsm thread
>>>/d/
>>
>>48888748
>evolutionary psychology
Complete and utter bullshit.
They tell 'just so' stories, but never present actual experiments or observational studies.
And when those studies are done, the evolutionary psychologists are proven wrong, over and over again.
>>
>>48888748
Then again you got the women who were humiliated and sometimes killed for consorting with the Nazis. Lack of in-group loyalty wasn't exactly good to them there.
>>
>>48888837
How is it BDSM? Its simple submission fetish to strong men and simple domination fetish to the local skanks who can't get trophy husbands. Occasional slice of lifes over burning the chicken and having to rush a new meal to perfection just in time to please husband or the horrors of going outside and getting my own milk and eggs without the help of a man and not getting lost or overwhelmed emotionally along the way.
Occasionally the party will meet up for the book club and gossip.
>>
>>48888837
That's kind of a logical leap to make, and never mind the thread is a completely different kind of shitstorm now
>>
>>48888921
>logic
>4chan
hahahahahahahhahahahahhahahhhhhahaaaaaahahahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>48888874
>Complete and utter bullshit.
Because it hurts your feelings? Or because you dismiss psychology in general?

>>48888916
They were simply unfortunate enough to have bet on the wrong horse. Then again
>sometimes killed
>sometimes
Most of them survived. If they didn't, France would have a total population of 10 million by now, most of them only French on father's side.
>>
>>48889007
>>48889007
>Because it hurts your feelings? Or because you dismiss psychology in general?
I posted the reasons, but to repeat myself.

>They tell 'just so' stories, but never present actual experiments or observational studies.
>And when those studies are done, the evolutionary psychologists are proven wrong, over and over again.

Actual evidence has proven that largest evolutionary advantage for human psychology was it's plasticity. That it could change in response to its environment.
>>
>>48877013
Exalted
>>
>>48889115
So, in short, you reject a significant portion of psychology? A lot of it, perhaps even the majority, relies on speculation and results that are hard or impossible to reproduce in a controlled environment.

Or are you making an exception for evolutionary psychology only, ie. your feefees?
>>
>>48889158
>you reject a significant portion of psychology? A lot of it, perhaps even the majority, relies on speculation and results that are hard or impossible to reproduce in a controlled environment.

Not him, but this right here is why I think psychology is bullshit in general.
>>
>>48889158
>A lot of it, perhaps even the majority, relies on speculation and results that are hard or impossible to reproduce in a controlled environment.
actually know.
Many of the studies in psychology can be replicated.

The paper people site that says a huge amount couldn't be replicated. That was disproven.
Because that paper didn't actually try to replicate those studies, but misused a statistical technique. Using wrong sample populations, etc.
When those same mistakes, you'd come up with most physics experiments can't be replicated.

Also, you clearly don't know how observational studies work in biology. There is a lot of literature there, but it's possible to make hypothesis check predictions without using a laboratory experiment.
Evolutionary psychology hypothesis fail, when these are conducted. So we do actually get clear evidence. The evidence just finds evolutionary psychology wrong.
>>
>>48888546
>>48888606
I'm not American Britbong here, but one thing that's stuck with me is a time a community police officer came into my primary school to give a few talks to my class.
Someone asked him something about his gun, and he said something to the effect of "Every two weeks I have to present all the bullets I was assigned for this gun. If any are missing I need to have a damn good explanation of why. We're only ever supposed to use our guns when lives are in danger"
I guess because of historical matters our police have a crazy amount of oversight, which makes them more accountable?
>>
>>48880681
Alimony is necessary in these situations to prevent men from screwing women over.
Women trade their youth, beauty, and fertility to a man so that he'll support the woman later when she's old, wrinkly, and dried up.
>>
>>48889332
Our police pretty much have to write a report on every bullet fired. I'm not familiar with exactly how they track it, but either way I don't think the problem is that they don't know when the bullets are fired
>>
>>48889332
You also have REALLY shit police but then again they don't really need to be that good as you guys behave differently and more compliantly than american citizens do with our police.
>>
>>48880963
Soooo.. im going to need a source for that there picture anon.
>>
>>48889332
Britbong here. Community officers do not, nor have they ever been issued with firearms. Britain as a nation has a higher violent crime rate than the US, but despite restrictions on knives and forks it still is rising.
>>
>>48889276
Even if we assume there is no way to test the hypotheses of evolutionary psychology (which some believe isn't the case), this does not mean we can simply throw it out of the window and never look back again. Evolutionary psychology starts with the observation of facts, and then a hypothesis is formed. The hypotheses of evolutionary psychology, while not always tested, falsified etc. do provide the most solid hypotheses we currently have: they provide an explanation for the fact and keeps the number of unneccessary premises to a minimum. In a soft science like psychology, having the most plausible hypothesis with the most explanatory power is nothing to sneeze at. If you want to shove the conclusions of evolutionary psychology into the garbage, you need to either come with a new hypothesis that better explains the facts/relies on less unneccessary premises, or prove that the current hypothesis has no explanatory power.

Keep in mind that we're not dealing with a hard science here (and even in the hard sciences hypotheses for things that cannot (yet) be confirmed are highly valued).

>>48889344
>Alimony is necessary in these situations to prevent men from screwing women over.
Yeah, to prevent men from screwing men over... by not giving THEIR money to someone they don't owe it to.

>Women trade their youth, beauty, and fertility to a man so that he'll support the woman later when she's old, wrinkly, and dried up.
So why can't men enforce that beauty and fertility after the divorce is over? Why can't a man, in exchange for his alimony, demand sexual favors or demand control over the woman's reproductive capabilities, deciding who she reproduces with and how often on the pain of termination of alimony?

Because the conclusion has been pre-determined: whatever happens it must favor the woman. Even if that means making marriage a contract that can be enforced by the woman only, and confers the same obligations on the man even after the contracts termination
>>
>>48889423
When I say Britbong, I mean Norn Iron, so it really does depend on which side you're one. Prods (of which I am one) are generally more pro-police.
That said, due to all the shit the RUC (old troubles-era police) did, the PSNI (modern police) can't take a shit without the Ombudsman hearing about it.
Doesn't stop them keeping the peace for the most part, so it's all good. I just think it's weird that despite them all carrying guns I feel they are less shit than say, the Metropolitan police
>>
>>48889417
Every bullet fired outside of training, anyway.

There's paperwork for everything you do. It's mild paperwork for routine traffic stops and citations. There's much more paperwork if you took any evidence.

If you fired your gun in duty, there's a hellish amount of paperwork.

You have to account for exactly what you were doing, how you were feeling, where every bullet went and what you did next. You are going to want to make absolutely sure that you don't accidentally incriminate yourself or give any reason in your report that the shoot was unjustified.
>>
>>48889459
In Northern Ireland they are.
My friends mum is a part-time police officer, in that her job is mostly giving tourist directions and taking drunk kids home. She still checks under her car every morning, just in case
>>
>>48889492
Northern Ireland is not indicitive at all as the rest of the UK, it would be like saying downtown Chicago is comparable to the whole of the US.

Now the RUC was a brutally unpleasant corrupt police force.

>Mfw I order a black and tan and an irish carbomb in the same night.
>mfw I'm a britbong in the US
>>
>>48889476
>Even if we assume there is no way to test the hypotheses of evolutionary psychology (which some believe isn't the case), this does not mean we can simply throw it out of the window and never look back again
No, you are failing to understand so hard here.

There are ways to test these hypothesis, but evolutinary psychology doesn't do those tests before trying to make social arguments from them.
When those tests are done, their hypothesis are proven WRONG.

We through their shit out, because it was proven wrong.

They didn't test it, when others did, it was found wrong. Do you understand that?
>>
>>48889459
The UK and the US have different legal definitions of "violent crime". The UK's is quite a bit stricter than the US', and includes minor assault incidents such as pushing and shoving, where no serious injury took place.

https://dispellingthemythukvsusguns.wordpress.com/
>>
>>48889332
>>48889518

Keep in mind America's a pretty peaceful place and most officers never fire their weapon outside of training. Officer involved shootings are rare and almost always provoked to an unbelievable degree (most people shot by cops are acutely trying to get shot by a cop and die.)
>>
>>48883385
Yo.
See, that sounds fantastic, it's just that I also want a husband interested in uplifting the community. I want him to use that barn full of old motorcycle parts to teach valuable lessons to the local kids. I want him to hunt a deer for the express purpose of BBQing it at the church summer picnic. And I want him to have a good relationship with his mother so we can send the kids to her place when we have Eye-wateringly intense bumsex.

Are there any men left who want to live this sort of life?
>>
File: hedley_taggart.jpg (50KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
hedley_taggart.jpg
50KB, 300x170px
>>48889539
>Forgot picture
>>
>>48889492
>doesn't stop them from keeping the peace
Your countries violent crimes rate is proportionally higher than americas and constantly rising even as you tighten your laws and add more and more restrictions.
>>
>>48889540
>They didn't test it, when others did, it was found wrong.
Would you care to provide some examples? Preferably the ones pertaining to male and female in-group mentality (specifically in intertribal and -national armed conflicts).
>>
>>48889560
>>48889552
About half of the incidents that the UK's legal system considers "violent crime" involve little to no injury whatsoever.
>>
>>48889558
Same guy you quoted. Yes, me.

>plz don't be a man
>>
>>48889558
I know someone just like that. If you aren't an Asian artist he's not going to be interested though. I've literally only seen him in relationships with Japanese and Korean girls in paint stained clothing.
>>
>>48889539
It's pretty standard to tell foreigners at my uni to order those from bars. Quickly followed by stopping them if they don't catch on.

Also
>tfw your granda was a prison officer and won't talk about it
>>
>>48889609
Nice abs
>>
File: Sergeantpaddy.jpg (12KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
Sergeantpaddy.jpg
12KB, 230x219px
>>48889615
>tfw you're originally from Liverpool and surname begins with an O'.
>tfw you're in the US and Saint Patricks day becomes some sort of cross between every celebration you can think of and free blowjob day.
>>
>>48889609
>>48889601
Thats creepy, see, I'm not an asian artist. But I'm a caucasian artist. Who's traded in her paint brush for a job in VFX.

(Suck it dad! I got a job with that fine arts degree AND have benefits)
>>
>>48889578
Examples. I don't have the citations on me, but search nature magazine, you'll find them. anyways

Ex: It's evolutionary advantageous for men to cheat and/or rape.

Said a lot, not tested.

Actual tests they should have done, others did, and disproved them.

Comparative behavioral accounts of multiple species.
Finding: fidelity differs radically by species, with longer child rearing and slower birth rates (like with humans) being highly correlated with long term monogamy.

Primate Studies:
Finding: Cheating and rape vary rare. Those who acted this way displayed other anti-social behaviors, either rejected from group or led to lose of group cohesion (other studies find groups that lack cohesion or have high levels of internal conflict have lower survival rates).

Anthropological studies of prehistoric socities and isolated societies:
Findings: Support primate studies.
>>
>>48889592
Same here. Its the act if violence or attempted violence. Even if its attempt assault and battery and the guy gets taken down 80 feet away it gets labeled as a violent crime. Your excuse is moot as are your police.
>>
File: Black mage.jpg (335KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Black mage.jpg
335KB, 854x480px
>>48889669
Wait a second, I'm sure I've heard this story before. First three leters of your popular screen name for a tolkien themed game were.. Fea?
>>
>>48889709
Nope. Sorry.But with the amount of white girls going in for the arts there's bound to be some overlap. What was her story?
>>
>>48877265
>>
File: Jack.jpg (26KB, 630x390px) Image search: [Google]
Jack.jpg
26KB, 630x390px
>>48889726
Nothing too special, very similar to what a lot of people go through. Though she eventuallly found a job she loves.

But yes, to answer your question, there are men who want to be part of their community and all you said.
>>
>>48887770

/b/ was always shit, man. That was the point. It's just a different kind of shit now, and its no longer the hip new thing for us.
>>
>>48889684
No it isn't. Read the post that was linked. Or here, I've pulled out the relevant quotes for you:

>The UK
>“Violent crime contains a wide range of offences, from minor assaults such as pushing and shoving that result in no physical harm through to serious incidents of wounding and murder. Around a half of violent incidents identified by both BCS and police statistics involve no injury to the victim.” (THOSB – CEW, page 17, paragraph 1.)

>The US
>“In the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Violent crimes are defined in the UCR Program as those offenses which involve force or threat of force.”

They're in the section labelled "Defining Violent Crime".
>>
>>48889578
so moving on, to your more specifics
>intertribal and -national armed conflicts
this is beyond the scope of evolutionary psychology. Talking beyond it's scope before getting evidence for the underlying theory is one of evolutionary psychologies main sins.

National and tribes presupppose a fairly complex society. By the time these are forming we are on a vary short time frame evolutionary speaking. If you're talking about behavior a lot more complex than a wolf pack, you're pushing past evolutionary genetic terms.

but we can go into group conflict, focusing on things like wolves, primates ext.

> a woman will get to fuck a winner no matter what

Comparitive studies:
Differs by species.
So single clear trend. Examples of higher levels of female cooperation and male competition (lions).
No example I can recall of bands of cooperative male only groups fighting.

I mean, chip males are the ones who lead the attack, but they don't take in defeated females.

>primate studies
chips example above. Defeated females don't get taken in.
The groups survivalist is again higher with more cohesion, better to kick out those who would cause conflict. Stable group necessary for long child rearing cycle.

>anthropological studies.
no supporting examples.
Winners either took the losers as captives and slaves, or wiped them out.
>>
>>48889824
See that last bit "or threat of force" we added that in to encompas the "attempted" categories and 3rd and 4th degrees.
If i try and shank someone in a bar and the bartender cracks me over the head with a bottle and i wake up in a prison with an Attempted Assault its immediately considered a violent crime.
It popped up during the Rape Definition times to encompass Attempted Rape.
>>
>>48884030
Considering it's Lewis we're talking about, it's probably not God, but earthly religious authorities. I gather he'd be comparing the brutality of a materialist, atheist or at least non/areligious dictator to that of a corrupt theocrat.

Though something tells me he didn't know just how brutal Mao and Stalin were.
>>
>>48887707
>Yeah, these stories are always "I knew a guy who got spat on" or something. And there's never any documentation from anywhere near the time it supposedly happened. The guy didn't file assault charges against the hippie, he didn't talk to the press or go on record anywhere about this incident until years later, after that movie came out where it happened, and then suddenly you have these rumors and hearsay about how it totally happened coming out of the woodwork.
Oh wait, is this not one of those things where I'm supposed to believe someone had something happen to them simply on their say-so?
>>
>>48889946
>Implying Mao and Stalin did not replace God in the minds of simple peasants.
>>
>>48883876
>They recently declassified a piss ton of archives from russia that basically say we were right all along.
Source pls, just for my own use
>>
>>48889792
This. There's plenty of us left we just tend to be out of public eye. Hell i only show my face fridays cause i'm busy doing yard work or helping at the local homeless shelter making food cause i'm a trained cook, how i got there wasn't pretty but its just a hobby now, while mornings are helping at a local community garden and days are job time.
Hundreds of guys in just my general area age 20-30 do this shit but like me they do it all the time everyday so the only women we see are those doing the same stuff or the occasional undesirable at a bar.
Tl;dr you wanna meet one of those types you gotta do what they do until you meet one you like.
>>
>>48889792
Good. Community minded men are hot. It why firefighters are a fetish.
>>
>>48877013
There is. Catan.
>>
>>48885718
>I was going to make a joke about how calling Varg a demon is racist, but now that I've thought about it, would "demon" be a race?
>>48885442
>womaning up
>>
File: woo.gif (589KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
woo.gif
589KB, 500x280px
>>48890038
Then let's get this show on the road.
>>
>>48890024
There's a name for it all I can't recall but google Vassiliev(had access to all KGB documents and copied them down word for word into notebooks and various marginal notes then smuggled them out of russia) and venons project should lead you more or less in the right direction.
>>
>>48883683
You may have brain damage
>>
>>48889558
NEW JERSEY
E
W

J
E
R
S
E
Y
>>
>>48890198
How so? If it's the typo's my thumbs are flat from work and my phones autocorrect hates me and refuses to turn off.
>>
>>48890253
How would that literal shithole have anything like what we're looking for? Even your governor is the epitome of shit stick and money first and you guys voted him in.
>>
>>48888748
Automatic own-group preference is actually far less common in men than in women. In an us-vs-them argument, both men and women default to the woman's position.
>>
>>48889558
>BBQing deer
Do you fucking know how to prepare venison?
It's extremely lean meat. Put it straight on a BBQ and it's going to be tough and dry.

If you want it on the grill, you grind it and mix it with pork sausage.
>>
>>48890324
it's a /fit/ meme
>>
>>48890356
Chef here. There's as many ways of BBQing as positions to fuck. You can EASILY BBQ venison. You take the coals and let them burn down to low then add charcoal from your choice of wood. Add your marinated venison tightly wrapped in foil with no vents and put them on direct heat and elevated and let cook for a few hours.
Pull off the heat to check temp occasionally using same hole you make and then enjoy the most delicious and tender meat you'll ever taste. It even makes bear meat taste good. Thats just one of like 80 ways off the top of my head too. If you add smoker attachments or whole smokers and beer or tins or gas or barrel cookers or fire it just gets crazy.
>>
>>48890038
What community? What community even is there anymore?
>>
>>48890379
So the new jersey of 4chan has a jersey meme? Wow.
>>
>>48890440
You must find a community worth giving your time and energy to, once you do it''s worthwhile.
>>
>>48890415
>There's as many ways of BBQing as positions to fuck
What's the BBQ equivalent of missionary position under the covers, lights off, curtains drawn, hands held, for the sole purpose of procreation?
>>48890491
It was originally a tripfag named TinyTrip who, whenever a woman would post, would reply "pls be in London". Eventually that became
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>48890415
sorry, northern definition of BBQ took over.
That's what we call a cook out, or a roast. BBQ implies a grilltop around her.

Also, not going to work a church picnic, unless your church picnics last all day and have huge number of people not bringing their own food (because apparently the deer was just for that picnic).

Slow roasting venison works great.
>>
>>48890440
The one you and others like you make by the sweat of your brow.
Times are different from our parents age, anon. Community is just a word now unless you make it otherwise these days and that just makes it that much more a precious thing.
>>
>>48890534
community always was a thing you made.
If one was already around in our parents time, it was because someone made it, and others kept making it.
>>
>>48890507
Early morning intimate and tender loving rib cooks. It takes time, effort, attention, and love. Its intense enough and in depth enough that you gotta start the fire, the foreplay, at 11pm that night before you're ready for the main act at 2 that morning. Then its just loving and caring and making sure they stay moist with your tender affections and attentions until they fall apart in your fingers come sunrise.
It's a private but intimate deed i would trust to no one but myself.
>>
>>48890597
Not anymore anon. It used to be you had to make it and get folks together. Now everyones born and raised like sardines in a can and they associate proximity with community. The words lost meaning because of this. Now you have to make a Community inside a "community".
>>
File: 5sbcjegEv1rk4kk5o5_500.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
5sbcjegEv1rk4kk5o5_500.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
>>48890627
Move out of the city, anon. Find some land. Find a house, find a barn, fill it with shit. Find a woman, eye-watering bumsex.
>>
>>48890599
Holy shit
>>
>>48889988

If anyone had said so earlier than 1980 or so it'd be a lot more believable.
And if someone spits on you, you can file assault charges, but somehow nobody ever did.

Worse, it's never "I had this happen to me on August 1st 1972" it's always "I know a guy who had it happen" and if you follow up with that guy he says "well it wasn't me, but I heard it happened to.." and following the chain of guys always leads nowhere.
It's a total urban legend, like the exploding poodle in the microwave.
>>
>>48890627
mechanism of communication change, and these change how communities form and operate.

This has happened before, the only difference in our generation is that we have had to adapt to more new forms of communication than in the past.
>>
>>48890665
I've been over this i'm
>>48883515
>>
>>48890694
It's not fair to change the forms of communication, that has always happened. What changed was -what- was communicated, we have become a very inward looking generation that wants 5 minutes of fame instead of looking outward to pat others on the back we would rather pat ourselves.
>>
>>48890744
get therapy. see a doctor.
Depression is real, but there are treatments.
>>
>>48890759
>the past was nobler, more selfless, more kind
Look at this man and laugh at him
>>
File: Bacon wife.jpg (32KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bacon wife.jpg
32KB, 550x400px
>>48890779
It was, that has been proven.
>>
>>48890759
except that's not true. It's not true across all cultures, and it's not unique to only cultures in this time period. People have made statements like that before, and will do so in the future though.

The rapid creation of new forms of communication is unique to this time period compared to others.
>>
>>48890807
It is, greater percentage of income was given to charity, greater number of families staying together, less divorce and greater community involvement and generally increased rates of happiness.
>>
>>48890901
see >>48890779
>>
>>48890770
I've thought about it but my fear is i'll get told i'll need drugs. I've seen what that shit does to people and i'd rather stay myself than be some robot thats so unthinking I won't realize how much that shits changed me.
>>
>>48890944
Try taking a morning walk, doesn't matter how far you go or what you do but it can help alieviate the worst of the symptoms.
>>
>>48890944
>but my fear is i'll get told i'll need drugs.
you might.

>I've seen what that shit does to people and i'd rather stay myself than be some robot thats so unthinking I won't realize how much that shits changed me.
not all drugs do that.
If you're unlucky you might have to go through a few tries to find one that works for you, because these drugs work differently for different people.

But get on the right drugs, and you still feel you but think "oh, this is why people go out and do things."

I've seen the downs too, but I've also seen and experianced to good of finding the right treatment.

And you can just refuse to take drugs, even without them, therapy is helpful. Though the combination of the two has the most effect.
>>
>>48891027
I walk down to the community garden every morning to help out. Few miles down the road.
>>
>>48891027
And what happens when he gets mugged/shot/attacked by a stay dog on that morning walk?

What then?
>>
>>48891276
I'd pull out my gun. Also its countryside so that shit doesn't really happen here.
>>
File: 1469157629955.jpg (9KB, 261x262px) Image search: [Google]
1469157629955.jpg
9KB, 261x262px
>>48891315
What do you carry? Underarm carry a Glock 30sf here.

>muh .45ACP
>>
>>48891493
Gramps old m1911 from korean war.
>>
>>48891594
Jesus man, that spring must be stiff as hell. Upgrade! Remmington R1 if you must CC a full size 1911.
>>
>>48891680
I've got a gun nut buddy who keeps it oiled and cleaned cause i'm afraid i'll fuck that up i suppose i could ask about the spring or if that ever got fixed by his dad for my grampa back when he did that.
Its big but its not like i gotta worry about imprinting. Minnesota has lenient enough gun laws where belt holsters are allowed and i could technically carry a claymore if claimed it was for hunting purposes and considering the whole area is owned by land owners who gave me the okay for that its fine so long as i'm in county. I just don't take it places where it'll be an issue which aren't many.
>>
File: avatar2.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
2KB, 125x93px
>>48891862
Next time you see your friend, ask to have a look at the spring. If it hasn't been changed since the Korean War, it may be worth picking another one up as it may not cycle properly when you need to use it.
>>
>>48891932
Is that why it stovepipes?
>>
>>48891988
Exactly why.
>>
>>48892038
Well shit. Guess i know what to ask about next time.
Thread posts: 361
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.