[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Urban fantasy setting. >Animu style transformations are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>Urban fantasy setting.
>Animu style transformations are literally something you can buy.
>These transformations are based upon people who gained them naturally, these people are called heroes.
>You can only have one at a time due to soul reasons. But you can trade them in.
>It turns out that the reason why they work is due to a mixture of magic and science, but also because the megacorp who makes these charms contain fragments of a heroes ever regenerating soul. This process is more or less torture.
>They do this because the entire world is up to their eyes in monsters, whether they be alien, interdimensional, robots, or anything inbetween.
>Not to mention the occasional freed hero who is fucking pissed.
How can you make this more morally grey and what would the CEO be like?
>>
"There aren't enough Heros in the world to deal with the all the worlds problems.

But what if there were?

If we could mass produce these Heros, like a weapon, and make it available to the general population? Every town would have a hometown hero.

Yes the replication process is painful, and morally questionable.

But if they truly were Heros, they'd make the sacrifice for the greater good."

Basically he wants to make superpowers accessible to everyone because Heros on their own are spread too thin.
>>
>>48870672
sounds like a good reason why there might be more monsters in the world

Monsters and Heroes have always been related to one another in media, it's one then the other or vice versa. The company wanted to make more heroes to make money and make better weapons, but then more villains made more monsters. More monsters meant there was a need for the product, which meant the sacrifice of more heroes and on and on.

The truth is that the economy's based on mutual suffering, the suffering of heroes and the suffering of the people coming under more and more attack, and in the end the truest parts of a Heroic essence - The will to be a better person and leave the world a better place - Is something that can't be replicated.

Would make some good dystopian punk of some sort. I'm in.
>>
>>48870860
So in other worlds, one benefits off the other. A hero becomes a diamond, but when they die they get stuck into the corporate safe. Whether they would have gone to heaven or hell, it doesn't matter. Villains benefit from heroes being torn from their chance at Heaven, because it "fuels" their power in a way. Heroes become more plentiful and thus you're more likely to get a powerful diamond, then the cycle repeats.
>>
>>48871253
Well if the artificial Heros are just repeats of the original template, why would the company go after them? I'm pretty sure the company would just have a wet work team that searches out Heros with new transformations and nabs them to throw into the cycle.
>>
>>48871322
Allow me to rephrase that.
Sometimes a hero can get a power the company finds useful or doesn't have it, thus they become a diamond. Which is more or less the name for "People who are WANTED by the corps".
>>
>>48871253
>Whether they would have gone to heaven or hell, it doesn't matter. Villains benefit from heroes being torn from their chance at Heaven
Wouldn't that mean God or the Devil is going to get pissy sooner or later and start sending divine ass whoppin?

The answer to that is, of course. Some of the gigantic monsters fucking up cities are just angels looking for imprisoned souls and sending retribution.
>>
>>48871678
Sometime after seeing god himself was angered at mankind, a hero with highly increased intelligence started creating a robotic army from the shadows. Then all the noise caused lovecraftian horrors to get uppity.

The world is a mess.
>>
The technology used to replicate the transformations is alien in nature, found from a crashed ship that was covered up tinfoil hat conspiracy style.

The aliens in question are worried about humanity advancing too quickly, and are attempting to covertly reclaim their lost technology.
>>
File: Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png (563KB, 867x766px) Image search: [Google]
Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png
563KB, 867x766px
Just going to keep stirring the pot here for a while as I think of ideas. Just suggestions though, just suggestions.

The CEO himself is seen as a true hero in the eyes of the public, because when he first founded the technology to create artificial heroes he and his armies were out to fix the world through conquest. Such as leaders of terrorist organizations and dictatorial countries being defeated due to them not having many good transformations at first.

However, he was also the one who started the entire cycle out of his greed. And regrets it to this very day, perhaps harvesting so many heroes that he labelled as terrorist was a bad idea. He had power, but he wasn't competent enough to use it to gain true peace at all. Think pic related with a even worse plan. Just take over and figure it out from there.
>>
>>48873044
Thus the entire setting happened as a result of one man being given to much power. Slapping himself in the head as he sets on his throne, realizing he fucked the planet as he wonders what the fuck he was thinking.

At least he suplexed Bin Laden.
>>
>>48873633
Worse, he was originally part of the Global Illuminati, which created monsters and heroes out of said hero in the first place. They wanted to unite humanity beyond borders, culture, and nationality. But humanity resisted coercion and persuasion, only responding to threats that threaten both sides in any conflict.

>MFW this is the plot for MGS
>>
File: image.png (691KB, 982x1389px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
691KB, 982x1389px
>>48874768
So our CEO is Big Boss/Armstrong?

...I don't know how I feel about this, but it is a positive emotion.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.