[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Board Games General /bgg/ - Show me your chits! Edition.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 28

File: Board Games General 077.jpg (283KB, 672x576px) Image search: [Google]
Board Games General 077.jpg
283KB, 672x576px
Well, the last thread is almost dead. Time for a new one. And yeah, I know, OP is a faggot for not updating the pastebin yet...

http://pastebin.com/PkAVzU3T

So...

> What are you buying now / soon my fellow board gaming crack-heads?

> What games do you love simply for their artwork or components - even if their game play isn't 'the bestest evar!'. (Bonus points for pics.)

> What has your group been playing way to much of lately?
>>
File: tokaido.jpg (191KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
tokaido.jpg
191KB, 1024x683px
>>48845514
>buying
Google express trial + Barnes and Noble coupon = free $15 game. Just gotta figure out if I wanna go for a free X-wing mini or get some $20 game for cheap.

>art
Pic related, not overly deep, and it's not going to be played as much year 5 as year 1 of owning it, but so relaxing and the art is gorgeous

>too much
No such thing, but Survive hit the table twice over the weekend with the same players; not something I see happen often.

>>48845303
Always the chance the bankers don't offer enough, but considering how fast Asmodee got FFG right after getting DoW, I can't see it happening. Based on their leaders' history they're going to grab up everyone they can, control the market and raise prices, then dump off to a bigger fish (Hasbro seems likely). If we're very lucky, the smaller/mid tier publishers grow well during that time frame so there's good hobby publishers that aren't interested in just putting out yearly reskins like TtR 2022, Pandemic Legacy Season 19, and Arkham Horror 4: Modern C'thulu.

CMoN is growing faster than FFG so they'll step in as your big Ameritrash publisher, Iello has almost taken DoW's spot as the go to family game company in the last couple years. Renegade and Stronghold step in for the euro studios under Asmodee and we're set.
>>
File: image1.jpg (370KB, 1399x773px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
370KB, 1399x773px
>>48845514

A few expansions for FFG games. Nothing too fancy. Gencon was very underwhelming for me. Nothing caught my eye.

> What games do you love simply for their artwork or components - even if their game play isn't 'the bestest evar!'. (Bonus points for pics.)

The art is the ONLY REASON why I keep Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards. I just fucking love it.

Thankfully, I'm the one who owns the games so I bring whatever "I" want to play. People always wanted to play 7 wonders a few years ago. Never again.
>>
>>48845514
>> What are you buying now / soon my fellow board gaming crack-heads?
Nothing planned at the moment, already bought my bunch for this month. Might be getting powergrid soon, and then maybe Escape (either lost temple or aliens)

>> What games do you love simply for their artwork or components - even if their game play isn't 'the bestest evar!'. (Bonus points for pics.)
I bought the Art Connoisseur's edition of Scythe and it is an amazing luxury product all around: stellar artwork, great metal coins, beautiful resource tokens, amazing mechs and hero models. And it's a great game too.

>> What has your group been playing way to much of lately?
We haven't played any one thing a whole ton lately. I wouldn't mind playing too much Millennium Blades or Scythe, but we're probably going to be drifting towards playing more Warmachine for a while.
>>
File: ss.jpg (267KB, 1020x688px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
267KB, 1020x688px
>What are you buying now / soon my fellow board gaming crack-heads?
Nothing now/soon really, as most of the stuff I'm hyped for atm won't be shipping until later this year or sometime next year. That said, when they do print&ship:

Imperial Struggle (HYPE IS REAL)
Colonial Twilight: The French-Algerian War, 1954-62
Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain
Welcome to Centerville
Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage
Bayonets & Tomahawks
Triumph&Tragedy upgrade kit

>What games do you love simply for their artwork or components - even if their game play isn't 'the bestest evar!'. (Bonus points for pics.)
No game our group has at least. Like many others I quite like the artwork in Scythe, and a boardgame with artwork by Simon Stålenhag would be cool I guess. As for components, the last game I played that impressed me wrt components was actually Falling Sky. Simple stuff but really well done.

>What has your group been playing way too much of lately?
Last time we got together we played a game of Keyflower, which is probably like the third time this year. That's three times too many.
>>
I have a group of about 10 people i play every week. I usually play party board games, like cards againts humanity, love letter, secret hitler, etc...

I usually just print the games on 280gm paper, but the ammount of games, that i can make myself is getting low.

tl;dr
What are some games that ar fun at parties and are not hard to make yourself? I don't care if i make a non-exact copy.
>>
>>48845514
Got 3 P500's coming from GMT: Labyrinth: The Awakening (expansion to Labyrinth: TWoT), the 3" box to store it all in, and Grand Prix. Should be here next month.

>What games do you love simply for their artwork or components - even if their game play isn't 'the bestest evar!'. (Bonus points for pics.)
Ice Cool. Picked it up at Gen Con. The penguins feel heavy and sturdy, while the art on the "boards" is top notch. (In fact, picked up Game of Trains, also from Brain Games. Plays like Rack-o used to. Both games feel solid, so I'm hoping Brain Games picks up steam.)

>What has your group been playing way to much of lately?
Scythe seems to be the current favorite, although I haven't played it (never really get in on the "cult of the new" games.)
>>
>>48845925
Train of Thought is pretty fun if people can think quickly.
>>
File: IceCoolIN[1].png (587KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IceCoolIN[1].png
587KB, 1024x576px
>>48845969
Meant to post pic.
>>
>>48845925
Codenames
Spyfall (there's actually phone apps that do it very well too)
Coup (Can either simulate with a deck of cards or sharpie on them)
Mafia de Cuba/One Night Ultimate Werewolf
Pit (can simulate with three identical) decks of cards)
Liars Dice
>>
>>48845987
It sounded meh at first, then i watched tom vasel's review and lost all interest. I believe there is a bit too much thinking for my group, but my group might be just too add.

>>48846113
Damm, going to continue checking the games, but spyfall sounds cool, because i have not heard it.
>>
>>48846293
>spyfall sounds cool, because i have not heard it.
It was on pace to be THE party game last year and then Codenames came out and everyone forgot it existed.
>>
>>48845514

An expansion for TIME stories. Such a great game.

>> What games do you love simply for their artwork or components - even if their game play isn't 'the bestest evar!'. (Bonus points for pics.)

Hands down, Indigo. One of Knizia's most underrated games and looks gorgeous when it's done. I've taught it to gamers and nongamers and it's always been a hit.

Boring dungeon crawlers. I'm not a fan but my group loves Mice and Mystics.
>>
File: pic1384214_md.jpg (223KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pic1384214_md.jpg
223KB, 500x500px
>>48846878

Here's a pic of Indigo at the end of the game.
>>
>>48845678
The one which really, REALLY pisses me off about Asmodee is that their acquisition of FFG resulted in their losing the WH40k license and pulling the plug on the Forbidden Stars expansion containing 'Nids, 'Crons, Tau, and Dark Eldar.
>>
>>48848081
>The one thing which
>>
File: Jamaica[1].jpg (141KB, 760x584px) Image search: [Google]
Jamaica[1].jpg
141KB, 760x584px
>>48845514
I'm between Galaxy Trucker, Dead of Winter, and Ghost Stories. Galaxy Trucker is the most polarizing review wise, but the theme I like the most. Ghost Stories sounds great and I love coop, but I hear it's practically impossible to win and that's a huge turnoff pushing difficulty that far. Dead of Winter I'm sick of zombies but I hear from everyone the game is great and I'm not THAT against it. It would at least be an easy sell to my friends.
Jamaica is a very pretty game visually and I can definitely get that bonus when it comes to treasure.
>What has your group been playing way to much of lately?
Magic the Gathering. It's hard to convince my friends to do anything but Magic. It's the end all be all of games to them and I have never enjoyed it that much. I'll play it, I won't be a grump about it, but holy shit every saturday doesn't have to be devoted to it.
>>
>>48845514

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/user_wishlist.php?id=f6ead36c908a21338970e9ea968e4336

Scythe and Kemet, but they both have great gameplay...

Ascendants of Aetheros.
Wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>48848081
If they don't get it back and the fans end up truly rabid for support it'll just get reprinted like Rex did for Dune. FFG doesn't concede well when losing an IP, they just theme it as "NOT your IP" and you end up with a game that's almost as good but never quite meshes with the mechanics but at least you're able to play the game in a nice production edition, and you can kinda pretend if you squint really hard......... fuck you Herbert estate
>>
>>48849132
Honestly, the setting is like half the reason I would buy the game.
I don't want to send Qwijibos to the Arcanum to harvest trapezium, I want my Orks to invade Armageddon and take battle trophies.
>>
File: scythe-facebook.jpg (123KB, 960x573px) Image search: [Google]
scythe-facebook.jpg
123KB, 960x573px
>> What are you buying now / soon my fellow board gaming crack-heads

Just waiting for Cry Havoc. Really excited for it. I'm a slave to the cult of the new

I own the scythe collectors edition even though I haven't played it. (Thought I could flip it; mistakingly took the shrink wrap off to look at the components not knowing that it would depreciate is value so much. Real bummer.

Roll for the galaxy+ambition. By far my favorite game.
>>
Am I the only one who owns a meh game with cool art ?

Come on !
>>
>>48849199
>Just waiting for Cry Havoc. Really excited for it. I'm a slave to the cult of the new
It looks like what people were expecting Blood Rage to be which was a more balanced, less random Chaos in the Old World, so I'd hesitate to call it cult of the new.
>>
>>48849162
...and Forbidden Stars used to be Starcraft, so they've done it before. They'll find another IP to slap the theme onto the game.

Yeah Rex is less appealing than Dune, and they've already got TI3 as a space conquest game, so if it gets redone it'll have to be in some other universe.
>>
>>48849493
>and Forbidden Stars used to be Starcraft, so they've done it before.
I've heard that this parallel is overblown and only the secret stacked orders are really the same (though given that's the core of the game, I see the yeah-sayers' point too).
>>
Has anyone tried Abecorn for trades? It popped up in BGG's trade forums and it looks pretty good.
>>
>>48849266
I own Boss Monster and Arctic Scavengers.
>>
>>48849266
I love CO2's art, the box and board drew me immediately to it before I even knew what the game was about, it's just gorgeous imho.
Sorta minimalistic, watercolored, chill vibe.
The components are great and the game's a solid semi-coop worker placement to boot!
>>
>>48846348
Still, Spyfall is a much better choice if you're planning on drinking
>>
Aside from Three Moves Ahead, are there any /tg/-related podcasts that mostly talk about the industry of RPGs, boardgames, and wargames as well as how to make them?
>>
>>48851806
The Forbidden Limb (Now the Board Game Business Podcast) does that sort of stuff.
https://boardgame.business/
>>
Hi /bgg/, I'm going over to a friends house soon to play a game called "power grid", I understand the basics (I watched a how to play video), can you guys give me some tips so I won't embarass myself? It's the deluxe version if that matters.
>>
>>48851958
If there are five people, vote someone to be kicked out / shot / maimed / deported so you can finish the damn thing before the heat death of the universe.
>>
Bought arkham horror for cheap, what are the best not big boxed expansions for it? King in yellow looks interesting
>>
>>48851773
Yup, and while I was really sick of 2015 being too many social deduction games after we moved on from micros, it's kinda disappointing of how fast Spyfall faded out. Granted it's still in the top 250 on BGG, but it didn't really get much recognition; I gotta wonder if Cryptozoic just really doesn't care about pushing anything that isn't a mediocre IP cash grab.
>>
>>48852091
You really can't go wrong with any of them, but I'd say the Black Goat of the Woods is the weakest one since it's unique corruption mechanic only crops up if you hang out in the specific area of town where the cult hangs out.

Since you just have the base game, most of the ancient ones aren't too bad (there's some major power creep for the ones added in expansions), so the King in Yellow and Lurker at the Threshold would add some needed challenge with their components. I always use Lurker's relationship cards since they help out the players. For the Curse of the Dark Pharaoh, make sure you get the revised edition. That has a roaming exhibition marker that gives you some pretty powerful equipment ... if things go right.

tl;dr King = Lurker > Curse > Black

When you're ready to get big boxes, Dunwich Horror is the one to go to first. The injury and madness cards are a fantastic new mechanic.
>>
>>48851958
Don't overbid for plants and press others to overspend.
Don't get cornered.
Look for the cheapest places to expand.
Watch the fuel market and try to keep the resources for yourself.
Being last or nect to last is a good thing for getting cheap fuel.
Count everything, know how much you can spend on plants and fuel and still be able to expand.
Get plant 29. 1 fuel/coal powers 3 cities.
Try to get one of the cheaper clean plants, but don't overbid.
>>
>>48849122
is Kemet that good? I heard its a good Risk alternative, which is something ive been looking for.
problem is though, I'm not really a big fan of the whole Egyptian theme of it but if the gameplay is really that good, i can overlook it.
>>
>>48852500
The thing is I don't know how much is an "overbid"
>>
>>48852578
If you want a risk like game with 2 people only, get twilight struggle, No dice rolling, and it's influence instead of armies, but controlling choke points and world domination are still huge mechanics.

If you enjoy playing with a lot of people, get smallworld. I prefer the underground version. Huge variety, and doesn't take forever like risk does.
>>
>>48852589
I would be super wary about bidding 10 over the starting price, unless this keeps you in a resource by yourself or you need the plant to keep up with your growth.
>>
>>48852621
Alright, thanks. What are some good starting locations for the American side of the board?
>>
>>48852651
Midwest (red) is nice. East coast tends to get crowded, West coast connections are stupid expensive.
>>
>>48852605
>small world
I wouldn't ever consider this as a risk replacement amongst any but the most casual or new players. Very lightweight for an area control.
>>
>>48853038
The problem with risk in general is that it takes forever. There's no real good solution to this if you allow the game to be more than 2 players. Twilight Struggle works because it's got a lot of depth, but at the same time you're not waiting a long, long time to actually do something.

Any area control game that is deep really suffers from the ability to scale, in much the same way risk does.

Asking for a risk replacement is rather difficult, because the same things people like about it are what makes it so shit to play most of the time. Hence why I split up my recommendations based on which aspect he prefers more.
>>
>>48848081
>>48849162
you and me both friend.
>>
>>48852605
>No dice rolling
Why do you lie so blatantly, anon.
>>
>There are actually people who play pandemic without OTB

How? After like 3 games you know exactly how to play most efficiently. You need the Bio-Terrorist or it's too predictable
>>
>>48845925
Skull
>>
What are some good board games to get for an apartment with 3 mid 20s guys who often have friends over? Preferably something not too long that we can add an element of drinking to
>>
>>48854786
Catan.

While it's not the best board game, it's probably the best intro board game for people who are just used to playing monopoly, and you wanna show them that there are board games that aren't... Awful.
>>
>>48854947
im gonna second this. im not even a big fan of catan but its something me and my roomies will take out if we have that board game itch but just want something quick to play.

that or 7 wonders.
>>
>>48854786
Letters from White Chapel is pretty fun and takes about an hour, but if you're drinking it's easy to get distracted within the discussion and you might just end up talking in circles trying to figure out where Jack went.
>>
>>48853475
This. I've been fucked so hard by dice on coup attempts it's not even funny.
>>
>>48855664
Eh. Really the only big deal is if USSR fails the Iran coup AR1. Everything else is balanced out.
>>
>>48855907
It's not like USSR needs the help anyway. God help any US player not playing with +2 initial and isn't the one to draw War Games..
>>
anyone play Shadows of Brimstone?
kinda new to board gaming in general and was looking at different dungeon crawling type games.
this game kinda caught my eye, mainly because of the miniatures but i heard that can be a trap where a game could have nice looking miniatures but the gameplay itself is bland.
>>
>>48857002
It's more of a card game with a board from what I remember when I was reading reviews and thinking of buying it.
Most dungeon crawlers range from poor to mediocre sadly enough. It's a hard genre to do well apparently.

I ended up getting Kingdom Death instead.
>>
>>48857002
I've played a few games. IMO it's fun, but it may not be what you're looking for. It's as Ameritrashy as they come, meaning there's lots of dice rolling and random chance although the rules do provide alternatives for some of them. The mini's are ok, neither the best or worst I've seen, but be aware they come unassembled and unpainted. I quite enjoy the theme and general gameplay (cowboys exploring spooky mines/ alien worlds) but that's entirely subjective.

Other dungeon crawlers you might want to research before you make up your mind include:
Imperial Assault / Descent 2.0
Gears of War (OOP so hard to find)
Super Dungeon Explore (very video-gamey)
and any others people here might mention.
>>
>>48857292
>It's as Ameritrashy as they come, meaning there's lots of dice rolling and random chance

since im still fairly new to this all, as well as my friends and most of the games we've played were board games that involve nothing but dice rolling, i dont think such a gameplay mechanic will affect us...for now.
i definitely do see its flaws though.

since im not much of a star wars fan, ill check out descent.
thanks for the suggestions.
>>
File: 1458376110231.gif (2MB, 158x246px) Image search: [Google]
1458376110231.gif
2MB, 158x246px
Looking at buying a game to play sort of casually with a friend. How is Ascension? Are any stand alones or starter packs recommended for it in particular?
>>
>>48857644
Ascension is okay. I recommend Realms Untravelled or whatever. Some of them are not great.
>>
>>48857577
It's not necessarily a bad thing, just something to keep in mind. I really enjoy Eldritch Horror for example, even though I know the game's outcome is more or less decided by a coin flip. SoB is fun in the same way, if you can get into the theme of the game it's fun, but if you're playing just for mechanics look elsewhere.
>>
>>48852578
Kemet is really good. It is both shorter and meatier than Risk.
>>
Anyone ever played Fire & Axe: A Viking Saga?

It's on sale at my local, looks neat but wondering if it's worth the dosh?
>>
>>48858778
I've played it. It's shit. Pure Ameritrash gameplay with a huge reliance on die rolls and loads of take-that fuck you cardplay. And it takes 2 hours to play.

There are so, so many better games.
>>
>>48858917
Thanks man, I'ma just grab Kemet/Scythe instead.
>>
>>48859020
Either is great. IMO Kemet has more staying power, but Scythe isn't owned by cocksuckers.
>>
Whats the best eurogame that isnt assburger tier
>>
File: P8170009.jpg (2MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
P8170009.jpg
2MB, 2000x1500px
>>48845514

Bought these during my comiket trip to japan last week.

Quadropolis. Those see-through blue meeples and red energy cylinders are amazing.

I don't have a group. Just me and my gf.
>>
File: ISbanner2.jpg (211KB, 657x217px) Image search: [Google]
ISbanner2.jpg
211KB, 657x217px
Why haven't you preordered yet you imbeciles?
>>
File: BandTbanner1.jpg (236KB, 657x217px) Image search: [Google]
BandTbanner1.jpg
236KB, 657x217px
>>48863069
But ofc I have! Also thinking I might P500 pic related
>>
>>48863069
Because I try to buy games that will actually hit my table.

While I am vaguely interested, none of my friends would be interested in that ever.
>>
File: Holland44banner1.jpg (78KB, 526x174px) Image search: [Google]
Holland44banner1.jpg
78KB, 526x174px
>>48863319

I threw in a roadtrip game to beef out my preorder.
>>
>>48862934
>euro
>best
>low autism
Mate, you're asking us to find fucking sasquatch for you.
>>
>>48862934
I hate euros in general, but I've got a soft spot for Infamy.
>>
How similar is BSG Express to Dark Moon? Did they change anything outside of retheming it?
>>
>>48865573
Components and art are way better, I'm pretty sure a bunch of the cards and location abilities were changed a bit.
>>
Why is shut up and sit down so terrible? Their videos are funny, but their tastes are awful.
>>
>>48866049
>games
>journalism
>>
>>48866049
Just read their CAH "review"
It was like 5 pages of crying about hurt feelings.
>>
>>48866088
I don't like CAH, but I don't like it because after like 3 plays you might as well burn the box cause youve seen all the cards. Crying about it being offensive is stupid as fuck though
>>
Is Food Chain Magnate any good? Some people tell me its the worst game they've ever played, some tell me its their favorite game by a mile.
>>
>>48865573
I like the components for Dark Moon - check out the fan made extras on BGG too. Someone did an audio 'setting intro' file that's great. The only thing I dislike about the Dark Moon components is the Dice Shields. They tilt back to hide your dice rolls, but that makes it a pain to read the 'game actions' list printed on the inside. It's easier to print out a list of options for each player and then just use the shields simply as dice shields. My group has had some fun times with this game.
>>
>>48866088
Holy shit I'm reading it now, and they seem SJW as fuck.

Also lol

>"The explosion of Cards Against Humanity has, I think, been downright hurtful to board gaming’s progress."

Yes, the biggest board game hit in god knows how long, that has reinvigorated interest in a hobby that was extremely niche has hurt it. Obviously.
>>
>>48866116
Sounds like it's love it or hate it, and the only way to tell if its for you is to try it yourself. It's on Tabletop Sim if you have it.

Also, I need recommendation image for Euro games
>>
>>48866116

It's a fantastic game with the "flaw" that if you have no idea what you're doing you can fuck yourself over with no chance of recovery (or, alternatively, everyone can fuck themselves by thinking the only way to sell more is to price lower, causing the game to drag on forever). If someone who's played a few times is there to explain what options other people have and what options to avoid, it goes pretty smoothly and surprisingly quickly (not the 4 hours advertised on the box, at least).

Can be played online here:
http://play.boardgamecore.net/main.jsp
>>
blood rage is getting its dick sucked hard

how fucked am I for not kick starting it?
>>
>>48866049
They are on the right side of things with a few games, but their immediate recommends on any shitty kickstarted social deduction game, while heavier stuff is written off annoys me. Was especially disappointed to see they just did a video on Ra, and recommended it without mentioning the Asmodee reprint is absolute shit and overpriced.
>>
>>48866192
>Yes, the biggest board game hit in god knows how long, that has reinvigorated interest in a hobby that was extremely niche has hurt it.

It has only brought filthy casuals into the hobby.
>>
>>48866696
Overhyped cult-of-the-new, will surely slide down the charts, some flaws are already showing. Cool minis. Collector's edition and kickstarter extras will be worth good money in the future.
>>
>>48866696
yeah, i regret kickstarting it.
definitely gonna kickstart rising sun no matter what. even if the game turns out kinda mediocre because i know I would be able to resell it anyways and make a profit no matter what.
>>
>>48866733
$60 MSRP? Ah, sorry, we can't see the price tag over this fat check we got from Asmodee.
>>
>>48866739
Everyone was a casual at once anon, even you.

More warm bodies to play games with is good, even if only 10% of the people who got introduced with CAH become "real board gamers", that's still a shit ton of extra income for the industry, and more board games for us.
>>
>>48866733
That's my problem with them. If you're not already having an amazing time by the second you open the box, and it makes a good drinking game, then it's worthless to them.
>>
>>48866958
>Everyone was a casual at once anon, even you.

No, this meme needs to end. Just because everyone started out not knowing how to play complex games doesn't mean they are casual -- it just means they have never been taught complex games. The type of people who enjoy CaH are casual game players in the same way that the type of people who play Farmville are casual video game players. They do not work their way up the difficulty curve and, unlike video games which can be played solo or online, force their way into meetups where people will cater to them for the sake of politeness.
>>
>>48867047
I disagree. I know lots of people who thought board games were basically all monopoly and candy land until they played a game of CAH.

And for the reverse, I enjoyed CAH the first 3 times, and I constantly play heavier games, my favourite being really, really heavy euro games.

People in reality aren't as simple as "casual or serious", people have differing tastes on different mechanics. Anything that introduces them to the medium in general is a good thing.
>>
>>48867047
When I have a friend who's never played a board game before, I don't pull out TI3 because that's just a bad idea.
I bring out Love Letter, and then maybe Cosmic Encounter or Catan, and then start getting serious.
>>
>>48867214
Depends entirely on the person. If I know a guy thoroughly enjoys playing long grand strategy PC games, I'll absolutely consider introducing him to TI3 even if he hasn't played other board games.
>>
does it ever bug you when youre looking at board game reviewers/playthrough channels and they are recording with such a shitty quality camera?
yet they are able to afford thousands of dollars worth of board games?
yeah, i know some people get games for free just for review purposes but im pretty sure they still spend their own money for their own collection
>>
>>48867963
I'm pretty sure my camera's phone is better than the one they use. At this point it's pretty clear none of them have really any idea how to properly shoot a video.
>>
I've never played a board game, besides the famous ones (scrabble, monopoly, risk, stratego, chess, etc).

What's the best one to purchase that I could play with my brother? Android Netrunner looks interesting.
>>
>>48868313
Is your brother going to be the only person you play with, or are you interested in having something that expands beyond two players?
>>
>>48868313
That is kind of like asking "What's the best movie to watch on a TV?"
You'll have to provide a bit more context, such as your interests or maybe what video games, if any, you play.
>>
>>48868313
Netrunner is pretty fantastic if you're looking for an interesting 1v1 card game and don't have an addiction to magic or anything like it.
If the theme and mechanics seem interesting, I strongly encourage picking up the core set and playing around with it.

But yeah, hard to come up with recommendations on little info.
>>
>>48868550
Not the one looking for recommendations, but I was more or less told in /anrg/ that the base set is kind of crap by itself, so that makes me think it's just a gateway to a different flavor of cardboard crack.
>>
>>48868614
Depends. The core has enough game to keep you interested for a long time, but you'll want to expand eventually, and that's where the fun (and the obsessive-compulsive wallet murdering) starts.
>>
>>48868614
It's a thing that exists, so people are going to have divisive opinions on it.
I got a lot of mileage out of the core set before I ever thought about buying into expansions, but it's got a couple balance problems and not everyone likes it as an isolated experience. But I do.

I'm certainly not going to argue that's it's a gateway to cardboard crack though - it absolutely was for me - but it's a less consumer-abusive flavor by a couple orders of magnitude. Or that's what I tell myself, anyways.
>>
>>48868686
>>48868710
The thing is, I've only had meh (Shaper vs. don't remember at a con) and why-would-anyone-ever-play-this (Jinteki vs. Shaper against a friend) experiences with it so far.
But I recently got my hands on a copy of the base set for basically free, so I'm a bit conflicted. While you don't look a gift horse in the mouth, this one has a stinky breath.

The LCG model cuts out the vile secondary market, of course. But since the game is geared towards competitive play, they're always going to release cards that you need to have in order to stay in the game.
>>
>>48868888
The first few games can be VERY rough - lack of card knowledge or what in general you should be doing on a given turn can suck a lot of the tension and counterplay out of the experience that I otherwise find rewarding. Even for me it's a tricky game to teach.

In the end it's absolutely not for everyone, and that's fine.
>>
>>48862934

Agricola? Power Grid seems like the most autistic rainman game there is
>>
so since it seems like you guys are talking about deck building games, what are some good deck building games for multiple players?

netrunner looks really interesting and i love the theme, problem is though (and i know its dumb) but since its a 1v1 game, that probably wont work out well with me since i almost always game with a group of friends.

i was looking at millennium Blades but that actual pvp phase or whatever you want to call it, seems kinda meh. i like the concept of the game where its a game within a game thing though.

mystic vale looked interesting as well but it just seems like a farming simulator in card for. i could be wrong, but thats what i got out of it.

sorry, i probably sound way too picky.
>>
>>48869850
First of all, Netrunner is not a deck building game. It is an LCG.
Second, Millenium Blades is not a deck building game, either. It is a TCG simulator.
Third, Mystic Vale is not... Okay, it's a deck building game. Pretty typical one, according to reviews.

So, you say "deck building game", but what are you actually looking for?
>>
>>48869850

My personal favourite deckbuilder is Star Realms but that's because it's a nicely balanced 2 player game.

For multiple players I'd probably look into something like Marvel Legendary series(more co-operative/semi co-operative) or Blood Bowl Team Manager(Free for all)
>>
>>48870197
sorry. was using the wrong terminology then.
im looking for a game that basically uses cards as its main form of gameplay instead of miniatures, tokens, etc. to move around and such.

i came across a game called xenoshyft which might be up my alley. is that any good?
i dont always want to rely on BGGs reviews but so far it got a 7 something on it.
>>
File: Unfair_full1.png (498KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Unfair_full1.png
498KB, 512x512px
So sell me on pic related guys. I want to like it but honestly I'm getting jaded on kickstarters that aren't 100% in my ballpark. What other games is it similar to (for my money it looks like Imperial Settlers and christ I hate that fucking snorefest). Are the different themes actually worthwhile or is it just paste on for varieties sake?
>>
>>48870539
Innovation for 3 players.
Nightfall for 3-5 players.
The Castle of the Devil for 4-10 players.
The Resistance for 5-10 players.
BattleCon for an even number of players.
Star Realms for 2-6 players.
Boss Monster for 3-4 players.
>>
>>48870539

Not the same guy but Xenoshyft is "Tower defence: the boardgame" That's not to say it's a bad game at all on this premise but that's what you're getting. I actually enjoy it but the game is quite challenging. One thing that makes it interesting is that you can play cards you buy into other people's lanes and thus those cards go into their decks which can help out if they got a bad draw for money that turn.
>>
>>48870539
>im looking for a game that basically uses cards as its main form of gameplay instead of miniatures, tokens, etc. to move around and such.
Race for the Galaxy is a great one if that's what you're looking for.
>>
>>48870539

>>48871100 is pretty spot on about xenoshyft. It's with a really really high difficulty, but a really low time investment, which is the absolute best way to go about it so says I. It can be played solo, and with the expansion goes up to 6 players. I kickstarted it because the theme sings to me. I wouldn't call it a must buy, but it's solid unless you don't like high difficulty games, then I'd say it's a pass.

As for card based games, I recommend Thunderstone and Nightfall. Thunderstone is sort of OOP, but it's not too expensive to find a second hand copy. Basically d&d the deckbuilder, with moderate PvP elements.

Now, if you really want some hardcore PvP, then I wholly recommend nightfall, and this topic only saddens me because I realize it's been some time since I've brought that game out to a full table. The chain mechanic gives you the strangest kind of satisfaction if you can pull off a major play, and the game forces you to attack so it's not something where people can just turtle and play passively. Nightfall...might be oop? Not sure. I know AEG seems to be focusing wholly on smash up, which is has sunk to trash tier for me after a few games. More so because my beloved thunderstone and nightfall seamingly suffered for it. However both got a ton of expansions so I'm not all salt.
>>
>>48848970
Ghost Stories is my favorite co-op of all time.

It is difficult to win, but you can set up the game to make it easier if you really need to. It's also short enough, and the failures feel clutch enough, that my friends and I almost always play another game or three. Often we don't win those either, but when you do win it feels so satisfying.

I don't know how to explain it. It doesn't beat you down in difficulty, it just feels like slowly more and more gets added on to your plate, and you're trying desperately to clear it. It's almost like a tower defense game, except you don't have full control and need to rely on literally every role and every board space power to make it out alive.

It's pretty great.

Dead of Winter is almost as hard to win, but is like three times longer even with the short scenarios. I like it a lot, but it's not a game I want to play often. Only buy if you have a dedicated group, because otherwise you're better off running into someone else who just happens to have it.

Galaxy Trucker is as hit and miss as the reviews describe. Some people don't care if their ship gets torn apart into a million pieces (but of those people, only some of them find it enjoyable, while the remainder find it boring), and some people will get genuinely upset. Everybody likes the panic of the building phase, but there's only so many times someone can watch their ship get blown to bits with you telling them "trust me this is fun" before they just get up and leave. Not recommended.
>>
any news on the troyes reprint coming out?
>>
>>48874818
Not since the last time you asked.
>>
>>48874907
Last time I asked, I was told August. We're halfway through August and there's still no news?
>>
>>48874818

I could be wrong, but I seem to feel like I've seen you ask that question in almost every /bgg/ thread
>>
>>48875205
Nah, I haven't asked in over a month. Haven't even been on /tg/ in that time.
>>
File: image.jpg (581KB, 1940x1563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
581KB, 1940x1563px
my most recent purchase is this.
Two huge maps; essos for 1v1, Westeros free five all, or total World at War if you have a big enough table.
>don't have a group to play it with ;^;
>>
>>48874818
Just check BGG. If there will be, that's where everyone will hear about it first.
>>
>>48875255

What's it usually retail for? I mean the point is moot now with it going to be reprinted and all, but I'm seeing it online for about 80-90 USD shipped.

Kind of reminds me of puppet wars. Was looking for that game for the longest time, managed to get it and all 3 expansions for like 46 bucks, nib on ebay.
>>
>>48873272
My problem with co-op games is either everyone just does what the most experienced player tells/suggests they do or you're probably going to lose.

If you're that player and don't want to be an asshole who takes away the entire point of playing board games from the other players, and let them make their own decisions it's pretty agonising to see them make bad moves.

A lot of them rely on a high randomisation factor too, which makes it feel pretty arbitrary.

But that's just like my opinion, man.
>>
Anyone play Star Wars: Rebellion? Is it any good?
>>
>>48877557
It's an excellent asymmetric game, but really works best at 2 players and probably has limited replay value.
>>
just wondering but where do you guys get your board game news from?

i tried using board game geeks as a source for news but that website is such a clusterfuck to look at. maybe its just me though...
>>
>>48878423
>where do you guys get your board game news from?
Here.
>>
>>48878423

I... uh... watch the dice tower.
>>
>>48870550

I've got my eye on that too anon. I absolutely love the art style and I believe the designer is a fellow ausfag(?) so I might back it just to support them.

It looks ok. I don't really have any card games so I'll check it out.
>>
>>48878423
From board game reviewers on Twitter, local communities on Facebook, and for specific games, their sub-Reddit.Bookmarking the main page of publishers you buy games often from and opening them once a week works too.
>>
Please r8 my list of games I have on my 'consider buying' list

>Robinson Crusoe 2nd Edition (due out end of sept)
>First Martians: Adventures on the red planet (not sure when it's out, have no info on it either)
>Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
>Vast: The Crystal Caverns
>>
>>48880537
You're either casual scum or transcendent of casual/hardcore dichotomy, so my r8ing evens out to none of these games are even fucking out yet.
>>
>>48880728

If your question is 'do I have autism?' the answer is no :^)
>>
>>48866080
Who the hell said anything about journalism? This isn't /v/.
>>
>>48878423
Board Game Breakfast, and skimming through the posts in the news module front page on BGG; they cover pretty much everything. I'll go to publisher's sites or search for more detailed news if there's something that catches my interest but otherwise there's just too many games/publishers.
>>
>Backed others - seven sins
>still waiting for my copy to arrive
>Facebook feed is filled with scalpers hawking their $200 game for like 400-600
>annoyance, anger, and confusion

I don't even know why I find the practice of flipping Kickstarters so vile. Buying cheap and selling high is business 101, so where's all this odium coming from.
>>
I have to ask again someone can tell me about Dragon Dice (how does it plays and such) and also is that game still on production or it's on hiatus?
>>
>>48881426
I'm betting it's probably more the 'it reached them first not me' anger than 'they're selling it at double price' anger.
>>
File: image1 (2).jpg (592KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
image1 (2).jpg
592KB, 1632x1224px
Playing Shadows of Brimstone basically requires a second house.
>>
>>48878423
Mostly Rahdo

BoardGameGeek is just a useful way to look up stuff that he already mentions, either directly through the podcast/run-through videos or indirectly via the affliated geeklists and what-have-you.
>>
>>48875282
>buying agot risk when agot: the boardgame is vastly superior if you absolutely need to have a Song of Edge and Tits game.
For what possible reason?

>>48880537
>robinson crusoe AND first martians
Pick one.

>>48880728
Deception's been out for most of a year.
>>
>>48881941
Speaking of table eaters, I almost bought a shit ton of pitchcar from the recent sale on Cool Stuff.

Thankfully I realized there was no way I'd be able to play it in any reasonable size regularly.

... Although it would be awesome to make a mega track for the family reunions...
>>
>>48880728

That's just my consider buying list not my will be buying list.

I LOVE the theme of Robinson Crusoe but if first Martians plays better I'll get that one.
>>
>>48881544
The hate comes from knowing a guy that did jack shit but punch their credit card digits is trying to sell some shit you can't get any other way at double the manufacturer´s price (who is already earning a margin).
It's artificial, unfair, greedy, opportunistic and scummy. You hate the seller and yourself 'cause you're practically consenting to get fucked up the ass.
Fuck scalping, if I can't get shit I want at a fair price, I'll just let it go.
>>
File: CloseImpossibleAlbertosaurus.gif (7MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
CloseImpossibleAlbertosaurus.gif
7MB, 500x500px
Coolstuff running a big netrunner sale, everything down to half of MSRP. Time to dodge asmodee price hikes.
>>
File: sweating.gif (2MB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.gif
2MB, 1920x1076px
>>48883546
>half of MSRP
>Time to dodge asmodee price hikes
>But you'd still be buying Asmodee products

Don't tempt me anon...
>>
>>48883652
I broke down and bought a couple x-wing ships using the Barnes & Noble + google express accts trick. Figured I wasn't giving ANA any money, it was just buying new batteries for all 4 car remotes in the house.
>>
>>48878423
If you have a social media account, you can follow your favorite publishers on there. Otherwise, Board Game Geek is actually a good resource. There are Geek lists before every big convention detailing which games are there. Just click on the ones you find interesting and subscribe to them. Now the news comes to you.
>>
>>48882473
Because risk is a fun military strategy game that's been around for years, and getting a Game of Thrones edition is extra icing on the cake in my book
>>
File: 1407818330930.gif (891KB, 325x252px) Image search: [Google]
1407818330930.gif
891KB, 325x252px
>>48883744
>risk is a fun military strategy game
>>
>>48883691
The thing is, ANA already has their money from those sets. They sell the items to a distributor, the distributor sells them to stores. Once the product hits the distributor ANA has their dosh.

The only way you can stop it is to not buy the stuff off the shelf. If the shelf is still full of product, that means that the store isn't buying from the distributor. And if the distributor is full up on product that isn't moving, they aren't going to buy more.

Buying the item off the shelf (or website or whatever) whether or not it's at a 'discount' only affects the store you got it from.

The only way you can affect Asmodee's profits is to not buy off the shelf. Only go second hand or go without.

Of course Asmodee is putting out new products at an insane rate right now so they are able to bypass bloated stocks somewhat with that.

I haven't bought any of their stuff since the price hike announcement.
>>
>>48883779
I agree with you, but if I'm getting what amounts to free products from them, I'm going to take that every time. It'll just make the stores that carry their goods have to unload via the deep discounts Peterson was bitching about, because otherwise you're not getting my money, hell you weren't getting it before unless it was marked below 50%. I'm not worried about hurting Asmodee, I want to hurt the stores that signed on to this bullshit, because THEY'RE the ones who will be listened to; not a couple thousand consumers who'd rather buy from CSI than the toxic LGS near them.
>>
>>48883779
I caved in for Cosmic Encounter at 48%off from Amazon. Guilt tripping hard...
>>
>>48883779
>>48883890
I plan on caving for the next CE expansion and ONLY that.
>>
>>48883890
See but that's the thing, Amazon (and Target/Walmart/etc) are a different distribution chain and outside this "we're not increasing prices, we're just decreasing discounts"; so buying from them now is the same as if you bought from them for Asmodee products before Apr 1.
>>
>>48883963
So who's included? Basically only CSI?
>>
>>48883744
Most 20-30somethings forget the reason that they stopped playing board games in the first place (unlike video games, for example) is that the games they've played AREN'T fun. As a child, they stormed out of the room because the dice fucked them and there was nothing they could do about it. They later misremember that as merely being a bratty, unreasonable child.

So when they hear all these news stories about board games coming back, all these feelings of lost youth they've felt recently bubble up and ultimately compel them to look for a board game. So they find the board game isle at B&N or (God help them) Toys R Us and are confronted with games they've never seen nor heard of before.

A panic rises, "Am I out of touch?" It needs to be quelled quickly, and so they create a cognitive dissonance that immediately discards all of the games they've never heard of. "It's for little kids." "It's boring." Etc. Hasbro is counting on this instinct to help guide you toward their catalog. Memories of their youth, some true ones, some fabricated, are evoked by the sight of plastic army men or a pewter yorkie and thimble.

As a measure of self-preservation, they decide to buy a brand that they recognize and actually fulfills the ideas of returned youth they're trying to embrace, rather than confront a new reality where time has passed and to question whether these old games have a place is to question their own place in the world.

Prove me wrong
>>
>>48884071
Big box stores are separate chain, any FLGS had to sign on to this deal, and if they wanted to be online AND in store like CSI/MM/Cardhaus etc, they had to either hold separate businesses, or get classified as a special snowflake store. Most stores did NOT get the right to continue online from the threads on BGG, lots of retailers put up notices when they got reject letters so customers would understand. CSI has 2 separate business entities, so I'm not sure if that's how they squeak by or not, but when you go to their stores in person as I understand it they direct you to a computer, you make your order by yourself, and then someone in the back of the warehouse goes and gets it and brings it up to the counter, unless it's one of the products already on the shelves or magic cards.
>>
>>48882644

meant for >>48882473
>>
>>48884115
I can't. so out of respect for 4chan tradition, I'll just attack you regardless of the validity or relevance of your argument.

Screw you fagoot!
>>
File: Conquest of Planet Earth.jpg (571KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Conquest of Planet Earth.jpg
571KB, 1024x1024px
>>48845514

Just purchased pic related and the expansion for some silly fun...

1. Old-school vibe war - OGRE Designer Edition. Dem jumbo chits and 3D Ogres.

2. Heroes of Normandie - surprisingly nice artwork for a 'semi-serious' war game.

3. Archipelago - lots of nice art work and dead sexy components.

Nothing unfortunately - been busy with work and an ill family member so I haven't had a chance to play anything in months.
>>
>>48884115

lol. can confirm. Common sight at the FLGS:

>people come in to browse for "board games"
>stare a bit at the shelves
>hundreds and hundreds of excellent games
>"what is all this weird stuff?"
>"oh but look here: Monopoly: Game of Thrones Edition!!!!"
>>
my copy of the others arrived, I unpacked some of the stuff and ran through a couple turns by myself to grasp the ins and out

game is great, runs fantastic, can't wait to get some full playthroughs finished
>>
>>48884115
>As a child, they stormed out of the room because the dice fucked them and there was nothing they could do about it.
Makes me wonder if it's for this reason that some people sperg out at the mere mention of dice in a game.
>>
>>48884115
Oooooor, and this is gonna be a tough concept for you to grasp, I actually really enjoy Risk.

*gasp* I unironically enjoy a game that you find shitty, and you can't wrap your head around that! If that makes me a fucking normie pleb, then shit, being a normie pleb is FUN
>>
Kind of offtopic question but what do you do to sustain the adiction for board games?
>>
>>48888872

Is it simple enough for scrubs to put up a fight for the DM or do I have to hold back like I do with every other 1vmany game I own. Didn't even realize sins played that way until after the kickstarter was well over. No regrets though, love the WoD apoc theme
>>
>>48866049
>Why is shut up and sit down so terrible? Their videos are funny, but their tastes are awful.

They have an insanely narrow definition of "fun." Unless you're screeching with laughter after the first move, game sux and you should move on. In every thread of "games you regret buying", people always confess to buying shit they recommend and realizing their taste is terrible.

Also, their fans are insanely cultish about them and do shit like obsess over their haircuts or clothing. You can't speak negatively about SUSD in any other forum otherwise you're just one of those people who loves boring cube pushers.

>Was especially disappointed to see they just did a video on Ra, and recommended it without mentioning the Asmodee reprint is absolute shit and overpriced.

That's rich considering they blew off TIME Stories as not worth the money.
>>
>>48891743
>That's rich considering they blew off TIME Stories as not worth the money.
see >>48866919
>>
>>48891804

Legit? Are they being directly sponsored by Asmodee now? Like I know Vasel has the deal with Arcade Wonders but he makes it a point not to review or mention Dice Tower essentials in his Top 10 or reviews.
>>
File: Capture.png (150KB, 674x743px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
150KB, 674x743px
>>48891883
I sort of doubt it, but I guess it's technically possible.
>>
>>48890222
Why would it be a tough concept for me to grasp? It's not that there's anything wrong with you liking it. It's not that liking it makes you a normie or me not liking it makes me an autist. It's just a bad game. Those of us that call this a hobby are pretty much in consensus that Risk is shit

If you bought it without doing research on other games, it's pretty clear that you bought it based on brand recognition alone. Whatever, who cares. Plenty of people do that every day, maybe manage to have some fun with it, and they are none the wiser. If they did have fun, it probably had more to do with enjoying each others' company than comparing dice rolls 5-25 times per each player's freaking turn

As you said, you have no one to play with, so I'm not sure why you didn't at least choose a game you can solo play
>>
File: 1412649344539.jpg (218KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1412649344539.jpg
218KB, 800x1200px
>>48890222
>>
>>48891743
Ignoring whether or not they think a game's mechanics are good or bad, aren't they usually up front and acknowledge certain groups might like a game even though they don't?
>>
>>48885367
We get it dude, you go on 4chan.
>>
>>48891883
Tom actually did review Royals. I can only assume it's because Zee and Sam don't like it and he needed a review for exposure.

In comparison, either Zee or Sam reviewed Onitama (before they were employees mind you) and Tom only did a preview video

Also he really softballs Mage Wars reviews even though I think he knows it's a clusterfuck of a game at this point
>>
>>48892211
>aren't they usually up front and acknowledge certain groups might like a game even though they don't?

Most reviewers do this. When Vasel reviewed The Gallerist he said it was brilliant and some of the people he played with loved it but it was just too heavy for him. Rahdo said Eclipse was too aggressive for him.

SUSD often does it in a really passive-aggressive way. You might like Brass if you're into dull number crunchers. You might like TIME Stories if you're rich. You might like CAH if you're an awful person with poorly developed morals.

If you don't like insert-party-game-of-the-week-here, you're boring and your friends are boring because it's so FUNNNNNNNNNNN. *Paul does a handstand. Quinns wears a silly costume. Comments section explodes in homoerotic fanfiction*

>>48892404
>Tom actually did review Royals.

I missed that.

>Also he really softballs Mage Wars reviews even though I think he knows it's a clusterfuck of a game at this point

I think that's his Ameritrash side coming through. If you look at his Bloodborne review, he doesn't mind random and loves that sort of direct conflict. I think his hard-on for all things Eric Lang is more annoying.
>>
>>48892757
>I think his hard-on for all things Eric Lang is more annoying.
His review of Lang's best game, the one that put him on the map, is extremely ambivalent.
>>
>>48892807
>His review of Lang's best game, the one that put him on the map, is extremely ambivalent.

I wish he'd go back to that then. He says Lang is his favorite designer in the Bloodborne review and forgives some very obvious design issues pointed out by Zee.
>>
>>48891985
More or less, I just haven't found a group to play it with yet, same case with me having already made two different D&D characters. I like to be prepared.
Once I get hired somewhere and finally get my license, I can drive a few miles to a nearby college town for shit
It sucks being sickly and from a rural community. Too bad the Amish about 20 minutes out would frown on this shit, otherwise I'd have huge group potential
>>
>>48892844
Chaos in the Old World does have a few flaws, but only the ones every asymmetrical dudes-on-map dice-resolution game does.
>>
>>48892914
What does being Amish have to do with anything?

Amish people can play boardgames anon. In fact they usually enjoy them so long as the subject matter is acceptable.
>>
>>48893029
>the subject matter is acceptable
Ruling out technology and heathen mythology is a lot of boardgames
>>
>>48891942
>muh MoM price increase
>designing an app is free and shouldn't be included in the price of the game
>>
>>48893029
>>48893474
Things that involves warring is something I'm sure they would frown upon, rumspringa or not
>>
>>48891942
I wonder where I've seen this (and practically every other negative) spot-on behaviour before. Oh yes, the video game industry. Thank you history, for proving that people (consumers) never learn from you.
>>
>>48894419
Was so happy to see the Miami Dice video on Rails & Sails where they bagged on the game hard and Sam said not only was the price too high but they also cheaped out on the plastic components. I know Vasel has been leading the charge on telling us the sky isn't falling, but at least they still review fairly.
>>
>>48893474
Amish aren't against Technology per say, they use generators and some even have cell phones and stuff like that. They just don't plug into the grid and only use power provided by their own communities.

They're also usually into management style games. I bet they'd love Viticulture for example.
>>
>>48894748
Or possibly even Catan
>>
>>48894748
They'd probably slap anon's shit at Agricola.
>>
>>48894748

>they use generators and some even have cell phones and stuff like that

That seems like a cop-out like a vegetarian eating Chicken Salt.

Jokes aside I also I think it differentiates by affiliations. Some use Fridges and some don't.
>>
>>48893503
Nigga, what?
Apps you have to code and develop but once. After that, you just deliver a bunch of zeroes and ones to end users, which costs them pennies, instead of having a bunch of different domestic and/or foreign companies design/print/punch/cut/cast/bag/assemble/pack/wrap/ship/deliver/distribute
a fuckton of cards/tokens/chits/minis/board/boxes/manuals/tokens/cubes/whatever.
Lesser production value should objectively warrant a lower cost.
>>
>>48894833

>Lesser production value should objectively warrant a lower cost.

You'd think that but that's not how it worked for video games.
>>
>>48894861
Which is precisely why I don't buy videogames at full price anymore.
Bad business practice is bad, and it's up to consumers to show these fuckers we're not amused.
>>
>>48895017

Just gotta wait for the inevitable GOTY/GOLD edition or Steam sale.
>>
hello page 10 my old friend
>>
>>48897190
>still using pages on 4chan

why?
>>
>>48894799
All depends on their sect, anon. All depends on their sect
>>
File: pic2962290.jpg (318KB, 1024x851px) Image search: [Google]
pic2962290.jpg
318KB, 1024x851px
I got my copy of Vast yesterday.
It looks great, but it's gonna be though teaching it to others. Ideally I would have to play 3-4 games with the same people on the same night, just so everyone understands all the roles.
>>
>>48897356
>implying I don't use the thread's status bar

I actually don't know if "status bar" is the right term for it, but the little thing in the corner with replies/images/posters/page
>>
>>48897523
I wanted this so much.
>>
Eh, I'm keeping my wallet for other things (got a comic book convention coming up). Besides, there's nothing I really want right now... well, aside from Star Trek: Fleet Captains, but I can save up for that after the con.
Ponte Vecchio had a great artstyle, and decent production values for a 90's game... just a shame that the game itself is a dry, boring bidding game that takes too long.
> What has your group been playing way too much of lately?
I've been getting a decent mix of games recently... then again, I've only been to one specific meetup in the last few months.
>>
>>48898232
It's one of the most interesting games I've seen in quite a while.
Every role plays differently. You have to develop tactics for each of the five choices. I think my favorite role is the cave. You have to create balance between the other players so that none of them wins the game.
>>
>>48898566
>I think my favorite role is the cave. You have to create balance between the other players so that none of them wins the game.

Heh! "I'm not playing against you. I'm helping everyone to NOT win the game."
>>
>>48845514
Nothing to SHOW precisely, but Evolution: Climate is going to be arriving within the month, most likely. I can't wait, my friends and I played Evolution to death.
>>
>>48898788
Exactly.
And I just like the idea of a grumpy old cave getting annoyed that a bunch of goblins, a knight, a dragon and a thief are messing around in it. Better bury them all so it'll be quiet again.
>>
>>48898545
>Still haven't gotten Romulus or Dominion to the table in fleet captains.
>Ascendancy out sometime in the next month.
>Likelihood of getting them played dropping significantly after that.

I'M SORRY MINIFIG
>>
>>48873272
I really want to think Ghost Stories is my jam, but I read stuff like
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/369624/negative-review-co-op-fan
And an completely repulsed by it. The idea that nothing is ever looking up for you, the fact that victories are so short lived with no sense of fan fare.
>>
>>48849699
Damn it, I keep wanting to like Boss Monster, and then I remember that it's not that good.
>>48854786
Gemblo, WWE: Superstar Showdown, the new Star Wars versions of Risk and Monopoly that are nothing like Risk and Monopoly... maybe get a DVD board game if you feel like playing something goofy
>>48862934
Ankh Morpork is more a hybrid AmeriEuro game, but it's also fucking amazing.
>>48878423
This place is surprisingly good for news, if only because somebody just posts a link or goes "Hey, a thing happened/was announced" and that's it
>>48890296
You mean buying or playing?
>>48899257
It's okay... it's okay.
>>
>>48899553
>You mean buying or playing?
Buying bud.
>>
>>48899573
For me, it's mostly a case of "I just played this great game... I bet if I buy it, my family will stop being such casuals!"

It's kind of worked - they like Gemblo, and my dad used to love playing Ankh Morpork with me. I know I can never get them to play stuff like "Good Cop, Bad Cop" or ONUW, because of my mother, bless her; not only do I KNOW she'd get salty with player elimination games, but she thinks my heavily thematic games are goofy as all get out.
>>
>>48895058
>Just gotta wait for the inevitable GOTY/GOLD edition or Steam sale.

Indie games are now priced to Steam sales. No indie game should cost $20 but they're all eyeing the 75% sale in a few months which is when most people buy it.
>>
Anyone know how to make new tiles for twilight struggle? My friend lost some.
>>
>>48899753
And put a minor stain on the board.
>>
>>48899753
>>48899766
Make replacement tiles - sure, break out Photoshop. That said, why not contact the manufacturer for replacement parts, or better yet scope out a cheap copy on Ebay / the Geek Bazaar?
>>
>>48894833
App dev is far more costly than board game dev. They're far more skilled workers.

After release they've been supporting it via bug fixes, which believe it or not costs money. And they're putting out new scenarios in the fall.

As much as you want to hate Asmodee on this one, I think the MoM2 pricing is fair. The figure and tile collection pricing is bullshit but hopefully I can find some great deals on them.
>>48899766
Are you sure that stain wasn't already there? There are a few printed-on stains made to make the board look like a realistic paper map
>>
>>48899891
>printed with stains

What, really? It's not on any country, it's by africa.
>>
>>48899840
For the tiles though, do you know what stock of cardboard and such to make it the same kinda tile?
>>
File: NewTSmap7.jpg (1MB, 2580x1680px) Image search: [Google]
NewTSmap7.jpg
1MB, 2580x1680px
>>48899897
This is from the 2016 redesign (which I think looks like shit) but the stains have been there since at least since they started printing the deluxe edition (my 2013 edition has it)
>>
>>48899975
Yep. That's the stain. What the ever loving fuck where they thinking.
>>
>>48899975
Wow that looks way worse than the 2013 edition.
>>
>>48899891
Alright, I know programmers and engineers are very skilled people, but I think it all comes down to scale, right? The more people that get the game, the cheaper development becomes.
Is it realistic to say that the development, release, distribution and maintenance of the app for, say, 50,000 copies of MoM is worth an extra $10 per box?
Half a million buckaroos?
I'm not really in the know, I just hate price hikes, and perceived it as plain ol' greed.
>>
>>48899891
>App dev is far more costly than board game dev. They're far more skilled workers.

That's the opposite of how it works.
>>
What's everyone's favorite heavy Euro? I've been eyeing The Gallerist because it's so nice-looking and I can play solo (which is important because I may not get other players for a while). Any other good heavy Euros that can be played solo?
>>
>>48900240
Archipelago (with an xpac). No idea how it is, multiplayer is great.
>>
>>48900240
All of Uwe Rosenberg's games can be played solo.
>>
>>48900456
>All of Uwe Rosenberg's games can be played solo.

Oh right. I forgot to mention. I've tried a few of his games but the farming theme gets old. Gates of Loyang is my favorite game of his to solo actually. Tighter and more tactical than Fields of Arle.
>>
Agricola: Vanilla ice cream, classic, flavourful, good for everyone

Caverna: Strawberry sundae: Very sweet and sugary, you'll get a craving for it every so often, and it builds off vanilla, but it's not a staple and hold over like vanilla is.

Le Havre: Pie A la mode, the ice cream is there and you can feel the influence, but the pie skews it towards a longer, but more enjoyable sit down. Best overall, but some people with underdeveloped taste don't like pie.

Agree? Disagree? What would you change, /tg/?
>>
>>48900137
Depends on what level of license they have with Unity. Unity is supposed to be getting a portion of sales. It's grey area because the app is free but they're still profiting off of it.

If they have a special agreement with Unity then you could be right. I think your unit count is too high though
>>
>>48899509
Could always try Samurai Spirit, it's Bauza's second attempt at a hard co-op without fucking everyone over. Plus lower price point if you're worried about dropping too much on a game you won't like.

>>48899904
http://www.hobbylobby.com/Scrapbook-Paper-Crafts/Accessories-Tools/Book-Binding/8-1/6%22-x-6%22-Chipboard-Cinch-Designer-Book-Boards/p/18056

I use those for when I need to make new boards/tiles for games, print off what you need, glue or mod podge it down, if you use glue hit it with a gloss or matte varnish after. If you're doing single sided projects make sure to wrap the back of the tile first (get a cheap sheet of adhesive vinyl, wrap around to the front and then affix your graphics.
>>
>>48898566
I have done the PNP build but I am still pissed off because the I know the quality wont ever match the commercial release without serious tools investment.
t. third world fag
>>
>>48900456
Except for his smallbox 2p only games. (Patchwork and everything that has a dumb subtitle.) None of those have solo modes. Which sucks, because they're great games.

Of the ones that do play solo, I highly recommend Glass Road. The cardplay is phenomenal.

On the topic of solitaire, I actually just purchased Dungeon Solitaire: Labyrinth of Souls. Ameritrash solo games aren't normally my thing, I prefer my Uwes, but I already always carry tarot cards, and the original version (for playing cards) is really cool. Looking forward to giving it a shot.
>>
>>48902483
>I already always carry tarot cards
Really? Why?
>>
>>48902483
How is Dungeon Solitaire?
Is there a PDF you can link us?
>>
Looking to get a good that has massive units with multiple hit locations. already have Heavy Steam but anything along those lines. ty
>>
>>48902962

You're sort of implying this already, but what are your thoughts on HS? I played it with a friend and it was just...really underwhelming. Just no intuitive or something, couldn't put a finger on it.
>>
Anything with large multi hit location damage. I like HS and would like something along the same lines (gaint mechs or monsters) but like you said, HS missed the mark and looking for something else.
>>
I wish wargames wasn't in twilight struggle. The card basically decides who wins the game. If the USSR draws it, he wins because he probably still has a lead from early/mid war. If US draws it, he saves himself from losing, and wins the late game almost 100% of the time
>>
What's the difference between Sushi Go! and Sushi Go! Party?
>>
>>48897523
I am really intrigued. Is this out yet, and how much of a bitch is it to obtain in North America?
>>
>>48899985
I mean, if you have ever owned/used a paper map before, you'd know that they're stain magnets. GMT had only produced the game with paper mats before going with this design. I think TS was their first game with a mounted board? (don't quote me)

Anyway, they may have added stains to make their customers less frustrated with stains that show up later (when the maps were still paper), then kept the design when they went to cardboard. Or they may have done it after moving to mounted boards to charm their nostalgic wargamer audience.

I actually like the coffee ring, but there's a greasy spot under Madagascar in my copy (covered by space race track in the above map) that really irks me
>>48902548
Maybe he's French or Italian? Tarot-based card games are popular there
>>48907211
New card sets in Party that you can swap in for more complex scoring options. It still comes with the original cards if you want to play basic Sushi Go. Party reviewed well but imo you might as well get the original because it's cheaper, smaller, and simplicity is the whole appeal of Sushi Go in the first place
>>
File: temp.png (23KB, 1010x191px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
23KB, 1010x191px
>>48907925
>I am really intrigued. Is this out yet, and how much of a bitch is it to obtain in North America?
>>
>>48908250
Also no it's not out yet expect the price to drop to $40ish in a month or two.
>>
>>48908250
I saw that, but scalpers from gencon/kickstarter are gonna scalp.
What is the dealio with distribution plans?
>>
>>48908089
So basically it's what G54 is to Coup
>>
>>48908997
>>48908089
Talking 'bout Sushi Go, btw
>>
>>48908997
yup
>>
Secret Hitler soonâ„¢
>>
>>48899975
At first I wondered what you meant by coffee stains but I see what you mean on the map.
>>
File: VZM.IMG_20160820_172246.jpg (249KB, 1332x2133px) Image search: [Google]
VZM.IMG_20160820_172246.jpg
249KB, 1332x2133px
Just got this in the mail today.
>>
>>48911836
POST MORE OF THE KITTY
>>
>>48911836
>Those lil fluffy mittenpaws.
:3
>>
File: IMG_20160821_245414721.jpg (1MB, 1458x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160821_245414721.jpg
1MB, 1458x2592px
>>48911968
>>
>>48912064
Adorable, I'll take 20
>>
>>48911836
I am envious, I regret not backing it, but with Conan still yet to arrive I didn't want to risk another 1 vs many. Hope it's fun, Anon.
>>
>>48900684

None, eurogames make my blood boil
>>
>>48894833

lol ok well go get someone to make you an app of the same production value/support and let me know how much it costs you. It should be cheap as chips right?
>>
>>48911836
Sweet! Very nice. Now you are morally and ethically obligated to provide us with a detailed description of how awesome that game is once you've played it a few times.

I recently picked up:

1 - The Grizzled: At Your Orders! Expansion
1 - Theseus: The Dark Orbit - Hunters Expansion
1 - Dixit: Daydreams Expansion
1 - Conquest of Planet Earth: Apocalypse Expansion
1 - Conquest of Planet Earth: The Space Alien Game

That should satisfy my urge for new games for a few... OOOHHHH! Look! New games on sale! New Kickstarters! Where's my wallet?
>>
>>48913049
Being a classic hex and chit war gamer, I didn't think I'd much enjoy Euros either. But I've been very pleasantly surprised at how much I've liked:

Stone Age
Castles of Burgundy
Puerto Rico
Bora Bora
and Archipelago to name a few.
>>
File: 1452685695916.png (333KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
1452685695916.png
333KB, 500x346px
>>
Managed to teach both Chaosmos and Captain Sonar to some local kids this weekend, around 8-12 year olds, both went over ridiculously well.

Rounding up enough of them for a full game of sonar was difficult. Dealing with "No, don't invite my sister, this game is too complicated for girls!" and then watching said kid pull his hair out when his bloodhound of a sister keeps him nailed down on sonar indefinitely is pretty hilarious.
>>
In the game BANG! With dice, does Black Jack get to reroll dynamite outside of the normal rerolls? That seems really wrong.
>>
>>48917776
Heh, strateegery - not just for breakfast any more. I'm currently waiting a printed playmat for Core Worlds and strongly thinking about ordering a bunch of card sleeves for it. It seems like a really good deck-builder.
>>
>>48918212
>That seems really wrong.
It is a neat ability, they balance it out by giving him less starting HP, and smart players will go for him first.
Besides, the game's too short for someone actually giving a damn about OP abilities.
>>
>>48918396
So he does get to reroll Dynamite infinite times?
>>
>>48918425
No, on any turn there's a first roll and 2 more rerolls, he just takes the dynamites as if it were any other die, 2 rerolls and it's over.
Also, if he rolls 3+ dynamite in a single roll, he goes boom like anyone else. Turn's over, eat one damage.
>>
>>48918869
Thanks a bunch.
>>
>>48890966
depends if the scrubs learn that they shouldn't walk into groups of three monsters
>>
>>48845514
Anyone tried laminating cards? I tried it. I had a few extra Core Worlds cards and was laminating the resource tracking boards. It seems OK, it just doesn't seem economic. On the plus side it well and truly seals the cards. I'm going to sleeve the regular cards for the game, but the laminated ones seem like I could run them under water and not damage them.
>>
>>48921390
I have ordered a 0.3mm flexible, matte-finish double-sided laminate on 270gr cardstock from a local print shop. My custom Coup looks and feels gorgeous, and I spent like $4 total.
>>
>>48845514

Might get an old game for 20 dollars if it's still there.

Can't think of any of the top my head.

Scythe seems to be a hot flavour of the month. I might try it soon; I liked Viticulture, but not Euphoria so much.
>>
>>48866049

They want to grow the hobby for casuals and are heavily invested in the social aspect of gaming, which means they basically just really like party games. All their favorites they unreservedly recommend tend to be party games or repackages of old party games like Monikers.
>>
>>48921581
Well, I hated Viticulture, but thought Euphoria was okay, and I love Scythe. But I was also a Kickstarter backer. So take that as you may.
>>
>>48921617
I don't buy it.

They recommend shit like Food Chain Magnate, which is terrible for casuals, and hate on CAH because it hurts their feelings.
>>
>>48921708

>All their favorites they unreservedly recommend tend to be party games or repackages of old party games like Monikers.

>tend
>>
>>48921708
Also, SUSD's opinion is that Blood Rage's chainmail bikinis are unrealistic, objectify and degrade womyn, and are an aberration that makes the game near unplayable.
>>
>>48921756
If they were a channel geared towards growing the hobby, they wouldn't recommend shit that is really dense like food chain. They even claim it's "not that heavy".

They don't have an agenda, they just recommend shit they like, and their taste is pretty shit overall because they don't have the patience for a slow building game.
>>
>>48921758

It's like how Stuff White People Like trended towards identifying what progressive middle-class and up liberals enjoyed; they want casuals, but they want the RIGHT kind of casuals. The wrong kind of casuals who enjoy CAH and Blood Rage have Bad Politics and should be discouraged.
>>
>>48921390
I laminated my print and play of secret hitler. It was a huge slow pain in the ass but it was worth it. I just wish I had printed on thicker cardstock so that they'd be less see-through in some lighting conditions.
>>
>>48921539
Cool. I'd love to see images of the custom Coup set you created.

>>48922136
How many cards does Secret Hitler have? And I can relate on the card stock issue.

And speaking of laminating left, right, and center - I had the local 'Office Despot' (Depot) print out and laminate a full color 28" x 14" Core World play-mat that someone created on Board Game Geek. It's gorgeous and printed on a heavy stock. I can't wait to play. (Hopefully next weekend.)
>>
>>48922647
57 (and two extra I did to put on the bottom of draw/discard pile since I wanted to pick those up without risking showing the bottom card). 40 of them are about standard size cards and 17 are around half that size.
>>
>>48922767
Yeah, that would be a lot of cutting and trimming, but it sounds nice and durable.
>>
>>48923489
The real trouble in laminating cards is making sure that they aren't marked by asymmetry in the spacing or edging, drove me nuts trying to get everything perfect last time I tried.
>>
>>48923852
Gotta print with a couple mm of bleed, so you don't get markings or misaligned margins when cutting.
Even pro printed stuff often gets misaligned/miscut, cut yourself some slack. As long as you can't tell a card from the other 50, you're peachy.
If your OCD demands absolute perfection, you'll get nothing done, like ever.
>>
>>48893474
You mentioned DnD. Clearly, they're all holy warriors of God out to travel the land and right wrongs.
>>
>>48924674
>amish
>warriors
They're probably the strictest pacifists on the planet.
>>
>>48845514
Bumping with collection.
https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Jutlander%20san%20Salvo
>>
>>48926875
Solid. Very thematic. Would game with.
>>
>>48921795
>They don't have an agenda, they just recommend shit they like, and their taste is pretty shit overall because they don't have the patience for a slow building game.

What? You're not rolling on the floor 10 seconds after rolling a dice? THAT'S HOW ALL GAMES SHOULD BE!
>>48921801
>It's like how Stuff White People Like trended towards identifying what progressive middle-class and up liberals enjoyed; they want casuals, but they want the RIGHT kind of casuals. The wrong kind of casuals who enjoy CAH and Blood Rage have Bad Politics and should be discouraged.

Seriously. SUSD's recommendations are actually shit for casuals because some of them have strict player counts (Captain Sonar), involve making yourself look silly which a lot people don't like (Monikers), or take a fucking long time (Food Chain Magnate) or are a pain in the ass to setup or take down. They're only meant for minimally employed, loud 20-30 somethings.

I've said it before but I think Zee is currently the best reviewer for casuals. He likes games that are under an hour, card-based/portable, and easy to teach and play by a variety of people. I've had more luck with his recommendations for nongamers than anything SUSD ever recommended.
>>
>>48927593
I honestly think SUSD are popular only because they have some understanding of filming, and actually rehearse and prepare a bit of what they're going to say.
Their actual reviews tend more towards about specific game mechanics that stand out and trying to sell it based on that, rather than the game as a whole and how it does (or doesn't) come together. It's really not a good indicator at all of the game's value as a -game-
>>
>>48927837
>I honestly think SUSD are popular only because they have some understanding of filming, and actually rehearse and prepare a bit of what they're going to say.

Oh, there's no doubt that they have the highest production quality of any board game reviewer right now. I thought they were trying to branch out with wargames but that seems to have fizzled and their latest reviewers (Pip or whatthefuckever) suck ass.

>Their actual reviews tend more towards about specific game mechanics that stand out and trying to sell it based on that, rather than the game as a whole and how it does (or doesn't) come together. It's really not a good indicator at all of the game's value as a -game-

That's a good thought and may be why they loved Galaxy Trucker and hated TIME Stories.
>>
>>48862999
Is that Condotierre? What do you think of it?
>>
>>48921708
In all fairness, though, CAH is just a shit game. It's like a Family Guy joke generator.

New dirty version of Codenames will be better and actually fun
>>
>>48929745
Is it actually good though? Reviews keep bringing up how hurtful and negative the cards are and clouding their judgement
>>
>>48929940
>Reviews keep bringing up how hurtful and negative the cards are

you gotta remember that people are overly sensitive about dumb shit these days.
you can say the word "penis" to a girl and they will cry for days acting as if they are some kind of victim of rape because of that.

the cards are mostly general sex terms and their slang counter parts
>>
Anyone know much about Krosmaster? I've been curious about picking up some of it because I do like the idea of PvP arena, I like Wakfu and Dofus, and the miniatures look cute. Just curious:
1. Is it actually fun? I'm ok with a pretty strait forward fight if the powers are varied and cool.
2. How necessary are expansions? If I get like 2 cheap ones to go with this game, will that be plenty of content?
3. How complicated is the game? I see it has lots of components, but how much actually is there to a match?
>>
New thread?
>>
About Cthulhuwars stretch goals - am I going to get all the colorful gates and dice and glow in dark old ones for free, if my pledge is higher than 150$?
>>
>>48929745
>New dirty version of Codenames will be better and actually fun

Not really. The cards weren't play tested the same way base game was and many of them don't integrate well into the original. Unless you're a Code Names addict, I'd pass.
>>
>>48866049
They're friends with Leigh Alexander. Guy's been whining about 'micro aggregations' reducing his lady friend to tears. Other guy is married to a girl that whined that Tanto Cuore is sexist because you buy women.
It takes a strong character to not be influenced by loud friends with strong opinions. Friend think-tank is real.
>>
>>48933023
It's echo chamber, thank tank is totally different.
>>
>>48866049
I love all the stuff they do that isn't reviewing the game. Learned what those purple sticks are from them.
>>
>>48933044
Err, right. Mistakes.
>>
>>48933068
>those purple sticks
que
>>
>>48933097
Rhubarb, I think they cover it in their Mystic Vale review.
>>
I hate Carcasonne. Fucking dull shit. But I'm looking at Cacao and it seems to fix several issues I had with Carc. Anyone try it?
>>
>>48933023
>whining about 'micro aggregations' reducing his lady friend to tears.

Do you mean 'micro-aggressions' maybe?
>>
>>48933219
Yes, at Spielwiesn in Munich.
Not exactly my type of game and I have never played Carcasonne, but it was pleasant enough.
There's plenty of interesting decisions to make, both on a turn-to-turn basis and for long term strategy.
>>
>>48933289
Do you know how hard it is to stick micros together?
It's a bitch, lemme tell you.
>>
>>48933219
>Dull
You've been playing the wrong people then. My friends play on full "fuck you" mode and it's never dull.
It is kind of boring thematically, but I love the cutthroat gameplay.
>>
>>48933305
>Not exactly my type of game and I have never played Carcasonne, but it was pleasant enough.

I heard about it through a geeklist looking at the "least hated" games and it was in the top 50 so sounds about right.

>There's plenty of interesting decisions to make, both on a turn-to-turn basis and for long term strategy.

Thanks. I still want to try it out before I buy but it's definitely on my watch list.
>>
I'm planning to get Ascension but I how many expansions does this thing have?
>>
>>48933289
>Do you mean 'micro-aggressions' maybe?
You heard me!
>>
>>48934267

Wayyyyyy too many, anon.
I believe there's a couple of stand-alones, 8 full expansions, and a boatload of promos and theme packs.
I don't know what mechanics each expansion adds to the base game nor which of them are worth buying.
>>
>>48934448
That's a lot of money
Well the game has been running for a few years now so I think I can take it easy and buy the core and then the expansions one each couple of months. also why Promos? do they change anything in the game or can be easily forgotten?
>>
>>48934267
Have you considered going with Star Realms instead?
>>
>>48934556
Why's that? also correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they had some expansions released as blind boosters?
>>
>>48934593
Sold to look like blind boosters, but each pack has the same cards.
>>
>>48934593
The base set feels like a much tighter experience than pretty much all of Ascension and I have no idea about the expansions, because they never made it to Germany afaik.

If you want to try either of them, there's a free app for that.
>>
>>48934629
>>48934646
I don't know. I mean Ascension got me because it weird designs but Star Realms are cheap so there's no lose on buying that one also.

Any news about Hero Realms?
>>
>>48934665
October, though CSI had pre-orders go up the other day. Be careful with the Star Realms app, it's addictive; I burnt out on it with too much time playing it on the phone. Upside it saved me the $10 of buying the game, and hey maybe Hero Realms will include enough rpg content that I can buy in and not burn out in 4 months.
>>
>>48931010
It's generally pretty well recieved, and the core set is pretty solid, about the only consistent complaint about the game is how expensive it is to get everything.
>>
Fowers is producing a new game, Word Domination. Risk/Scrabble hybrid. Kickstarter begins tomorrow. I liked Paperback so I'm going to keep my eye on this. Can't add the Facebook link because it's getting marked as spam.
>>
>>48935574
Tacking on to this, the US originally had window boxes, which was different from the rest of the world where you bought blind booster packs, after season 2 (3?) they moved to blind boosters here as well. It seems like the publisher wants it to be a serious tourney game, while most people who had bought into cute pre-painted minis wanted a more casual relaxed combat arena.
>>
Dead of Winter expansion just became available on CSI. Is it worth it?
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.