[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need your expert opinions on something - how do you feel about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: r1.jpg (40KB, 387x443px) Image search: [Google]
r1.jpg
40KB, 387x443px
I need your expert opinions on something - how do you feel about Confrontation minis? How do they compare to other minis other quality and price-wise? I ask because I'm looking for some affordable minis for my games but feel like keeping my kidneys so GW stuff is a no go and Warmachine is maybe a bit too high tech for my fantasy game.
>>
>>48841737
The metals were/are excellent.

I can't speak for the resin but people say it's good.
>>
>>48841737
They are apparently some of the best minis out there - especially since GW went down in quality and style.
>>
>>48841737
The cadwallon bootleggers are actually pretty high in quality. Ordered some Drune Persecutors for my WoC army before AoS.
>>
File: img3d_001254-1.jpg (122KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
img3d_001254-1.jpg
122KB, 700x700px
>>48841737
They're pretty top-tier, but keep in mind they're also a bit taller, standing at 28mm.
>>
File: Scales.jpg (139KB, 1600x643px) Image search: [Google]
Scales.jpg
139KB, 1600x643px
>>48841988
their humanoid figures are even taller
>>
>>48841737
The sculpts went from being "ok" to "pretty kewl", to "very very nice", and finally, "OMG that's way too thin".
The Wolfen and bigger models didn't suffer too much from this, but most female models and elves are horrendous.

Not only that, but at the same time the metal quality went from "same as GW" to "what the fuck are you doing to cut costs you fucking idiot?"
>>
>>48842058
>Not only that, but at the same time the metal quality went from "same as GW" to "what the fuck are you doing to cut costs you fucking idiot?"

Shit really? I never heard about this. Are they at least still using pewter?
>>
>>48842058

Are the metals still an issue with the recasters?
>>
>>48841737
Very good, the setting is kinds of neat too. Shame it died.
>>
>>48843819
Can't speak to the recasters but the overwhelming bulk of the original metal line was very well done.

I actually quite like the plastic second gen stuff quite a bit too, as basis for conversions. They are unusual enough to be eye-catching, and can be got pretty cheap.

I built all my Tharn Ravagers for Hordes on the bodies of plastic wolfen, and they came out really nice.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.