[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 16

File: i for one.jpg (42KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
i for one.jpg
42KB, 512x384px
I for one welcome our new DnT overlords Edition.

Let's dream today. DnT recently recieved their dream card in a color shifted recruiter that even hits flickerwisp. What would your favortie deck's dream card look like? Bonus points if it could plausibly see print in a set (supplemental or otherwise) these days.
>>
>>48831909
I play miracles, I dunno white or blue mana land destruction so I can sometimes win against cloud post? Other than that I'm having trouble thinking of a dream card.
>>
>>48832004
Splash red for Blood Moon.
>>
>>48831909
I was about person telling me to make DnT away from getting it, but now that I see that recruiter, I'm pulling the gun Holy fuck that card is bonkers. Anyone here able to post a pretty solid DnT deck?
>>
>>48832004
I absolutely detest that card, so much so I play monk red skred without it (I don't win often) and I play Esper miracles so I can't
>>
>>48831909
R
Instant
~ deals 3 damage to target creature or player

and it's not named lightning bolt
>>
>>48832069
This was meant for
>>48832025
But either way, I'd like to see dig through time come back, or another card less powerful than it but something similar (predict doesn't count, I don't think it does a good enough imitation)
>>
>>48831909
Oh boy! Aluren is now both doubly better, and doubly worse. What a world!

I can't believe they printed it, but at the same time, I guess it shuts everyone who was crying about recruiters up. Painter can even run it, it runs plateaus and lotus petals anyway.

I personally dearly hope for a card that can spawn an entire new non-blue deck. It will never happen, but a man can dream, can't he?
>>
File: hailants.jpg (33KB, 512x384px)
hailants.jpg
33KB, 512x384px
>>48831909

The actual dream card for DnT would be 2/2 Legendary Flickerwisp. But new recruiter is bretty good.

A realistic dream card for Dredge would probs be a G Seal with "Sac: Counter target artifact or enchantment spell"; an answer to crypt/RiP without either ever hitting the board. It wouldn't make sense as a standalone, but it could plausibly be part of a weird cycle (Black: Counter creature spell Blue: Counter target instant spell etc.).
>>
>>48832132
painter can't run it bc it doesn't get painter
>>
>>48832041

http://www.thrabenuniversity.com/?page_id=11

Although the DnT lists will probably change quite a lot in the coming months.
>>
>>48831909
are you talking bout the new conspiracy recruiter?
the one that doesn't hit painter?
>>
>>48832220

DnT doesn't play painter, painter plays painter.
>>
>>48832165
gets recruiter though, which is almost as good.
>>
I think the dream card for DnT was Thalia, Guardian of Thraben. Recruiter will let you trim on situational cards (-1 revoker, -1 Mirran Crusader +2 Recruiter is my current plan). Running 4 recruiter seems like you slow the deck down a lot. I might try it in 24 land+dustdowl, but you have to cut more business. I don't really want hands with 3+ 3 drops.
>>
>>48832165
Oh shit, I guess it's just a D&T card then. Damn, I was really hoping painter would get something to make a resurgence.
>>
>>48832245
i was talking bout painter when i brought up painter though.
>>
No one answered me, has Thalia tested well for anyone? She's been strictly OK for me.
>>
>>48832184
Thank you very much, I like the look of it a lot. BTW wasn't b/W DnT a thing at one point? And if it was what black cards did it play.

Ignore me if I'm retarded
>>
>>48832248
Why would you run it to grab recruiter? A tutor for a tutor is not very good.
>>
>>48832347
It gets everything but painter. Fetching Jaya or Revoker or Magus isn't bad, if the deck eschews the painter plan and runs more LEDs
>>
>>48832323
I don't remember seeing B/W DnT but I would imagine Tidehollow Sculler and Bob are pretty decent reasons to be in B. You lose a lot of the consistent manabase though, since you want 4 Port 4 Waste and Karakas.
>>
>>48832323

The DnT site also has a page for the black splash. Go look around!

http://www.thrabenuniversity.com/?page_id=51
>>
>>48832394
>>48832405
Thank you both very much, I'll finally have a deck that won't go to time every other round
>>
Miracles is fine, ban something from D&T
>>
>>48832875
but then what would all the scrawny kids with wire frame glasses play?
>>
>>48832304
I guess not
>>
>>48833168
Storm
>>
Anybody play Elves?
>>
>>48833248
nah, storm is for bigger dudes with beards wearing metal band t-shirts
>>
I'm proud of you guys, we made it through an entire thread without dying. Friendly reminder to contact your tournament partners and set up matches in a timely manner, then you can send me a message on Challonge with the results. It would probably be best if both players sent, to confim
>>
>>48832875
Combo player spotted
>>
>>48833264
I do, love the bastards. Not my main deck, but it's always fun to come back to.
>>
File: 102.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
102.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
Anyone have experience playing with pic related? I played vs a jund pox-like deck with these and it was pretty effective, really limited the spells I could cast and all.
>>
File: image:109253.jpg (37KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:109253.jpg
37KB, 312x445px
Seriously why not just reprint Imperial Recruiter as a Mythic?
It would fit the flavor and help lower this cards absolutely absurd cost
>>
>>48835549
Its on the reserve list. The "never print outside of a limited print run" list.
>>
>>48835859
No it is not on the Reserved List. Also, Reserved List cards are to NEVER EVER be reprinted, even in limited runs.
>>
>>48835886
WotC clearly has a policy of never impacting the price of high-value cards. Sure, Recruiter isn't on the official reserve list. Its still on a no-meaningful-reprint list.
>>
>>48835859
Its not on the reserved list
>>48835931
>says its on the reserved list
>gets corrected and told that no it is not in fact on the reserved list
>"I-I knew that the w-whole time but im still right cause r-reasons"
>>
>>48836252
See, I initially said that it was on the "'never print outside of a limited print run' reserve list". You missed the joke. I then explained it. You again fail to understand it.
>>
>>48836355
it doesn't matter, you and the other guy need to just drop it. it's rare, it's expensive, it isn't getting reprinted.
>>
>>48834889
I really like goldfishing it, but I feel like elves performs poorly in the current meta. Any insights?
>>
>>48836621
I'm not an expert on the deck, but I feel like all its matchups are really lopsided, good (dnt) or bad (ant, miracles). if its bad matchups are a large part of the meta, it will be very poorly positioned.
>>
>>48836621
>>48836873
Yeah, currently it's not great right now becuase lots of people are on a miracle high and counterattacking with combo to beat the newbs playing the deck. Give it some time and elves will be a good choice again.
>>
>>48836621
Elves crushes current-meta D&T. I'd sleeve it up. BE AWARE that once this new tutor drops people will be playing 1-of meta shit like Mindcensor maindeck to stop opposing tutor effects, so pack something to deal before you fire off Natural Order.
>>
>>48836981
This is almost always refuted with experience. Almost being the key word. That's the best part about legacy, experience and skills is the strongest factor in deciding games.
>>
I'm back online. Last thread we paired up for the GRAND /TG/ LEGACY TOURNAMENT. Where my opponent at? I'm ready to play poorly!

Link to the challonge tournament. not sure if you can still sign up. I think it's closed.
http://challonge.com/tg_legacy3
>>
>>48838104
I closed registration this morning, though if we have good results we can host one every week. The best way to contact me (To report results) or your opponent is through messaging them on Challonge.
>>
>>48838104
Ayo fuggboi. I need to set up my deck on Xmage and connect. Gimme a minute. This is also my first time playing Legacy, so this'll be a trip.
>>
>>48838173
are you PrismShank? I'll make a game. I'm on the woogerworks public server (north america) I'll be waiting to take your legacy virginity ;)
>>
>>48838206
Sounds good.
>>
>>48838218
The game is called /tg/ legacy. My username is DDFTGuy. password is blackpeople. I'll be waiting.
>>
>>48838243
I clicked away from the game window and can't get back into it. Might have to ddisconnect and make a new game. Sorry.
>>
>>48838474
It said you quit. Remake that shit.
>>
>>48838490
Your deck is gay
>>
>>48835010
anyone? seems powerful if you can play it on or ahead of curve on basics.
>>
On Xmage how do you view your full hand? Mine keeps getting cut off by the box that shows the stack.

>>48838551
Very
>>
>>48839103
what resolution is your monitor?
>>
>>48839172
I think 1366 x 768
>>
>>48839103
there should be a scroll bar under your hand
>>
went to time on g1 vs PrismShank. I should have set the timer higher considering neither of us knew xmage well. I'd like to do game 2 and 3 another time (if mr. tournament organizer thinks it's ok) since winning that way seems shitty but I need to sleep now. I'll be around late-ish tomorrow night too.
>>
>>48839222
Nice trips. I'd also like to do the games another time since I have a raging headache.
>>
>>48839222
>>48839238
It's up to you two to play your matches, you can do then however you want to.
>>
hey swordnshield, I replied to your message on challonge but idk if it sent you an email for that or not. I'm usually around from ~9pm-1am ET. I'll be on the woogerworks server. if that doesn't work for you, let me know on challonge and we can work something else out.
>>
>>48839858
Well, that was brutal.

I've never played against Shoal Infect before in Legacy. I boarded wrong because I thought Humility would protect me from Inkmoth.

In G2 I should have tutored for Trinisphere instead of Humility.
>>
>>48840561
yeah one of my favorite things about playing a fringe deck is I think it gives you some percentage points against people who aren't prepared for it (because they have no reason to be). I've never played against your deck either so every time you tutored I was like "well fuck, I wonder what he's getting."
the only reason I knew the inkmoth/humility interaction is because I spend all my free time watching old scg coverage instead of tv. there was one match of bbd on miracles against tom Ross on ug infect, and bbd smugly taps out for humility just to have tom animate a nexus and throw it across the table at him.
I agree, trinisphere would have been backbreaking there.
if you don't mind me asking, what's your deck called and what's the wincon? I consider myself somewhat knowledgable about legacy, but I've never encountered it.
good games too, I was sweating in the second one.
>>
>>48840650
It's called Parfait, here's a pic of it in paper from the last thread >>48770075. The basis of the deck is using Land Tax and Scroll Rack to draw a bunch of cards.

The wincons in the main are RiP/Helm combo and Charbelcher, and G2 I didn't side in Elspeth or Assemble because I figured they were too slow. That meant that I had to answer the Null Rod if I wanted to kill you. I already had RiP in hand so if you hadn't played Null Rod I would have tutored Helm and tried to combo off.
>>
>>48840710
that's really dope. legacy's great, I love that people can basically play whatever they can imagine.
>>
>>48838474
If you're in-game and happen to click away from your game, you can use the "windows" button on top of the interface to get back into your game.
>>
>>48839103
Use options to reduce/enlarge the size of the UI components. Make cards and the stack smaller etc. Also you can drag the chat to make it thinner.
>>
>>48838551
>>48839103
what deck was it?
>>
Yo DDFT/other combobros, what can you tell me about the storm deck that runs 7 Silence effects.
I've heard it is very difficult to pilot.
>>
White power
>>
File: Fuck yo spells.png (141KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck yo spells.png
141KB, 265x370px
>>48846403
Forgot pic
>>
>>48833533
Storm is for autist who want to show society they know how to count untill 10
>>
>>48846637
Hey man I just want to collect my easy 3-0s and make a couple neckbeards salty along the way.
I also play Dredge.
>>
>>48845455
Old DDFT lists used to run 6 or 7 silence effects. Old TES lists ran silence as well. If you want to really go deep, i think the old IGGy pop lists ran silence. But those are the old lists. They're outdated.
>>
>>48844694
I played Miracles.

>>48843828
I'll try the options. Dragging the chat just let me see half of my seventh card.

>>48846419
Wew that's neat.
>>
>>48847162
Why did the Silence plan fall out of favor for DDFT and TES?
What was it replaced with?
>>
So, who's testing what from Conspiracy 2: Electric Boogaloo? Currently testing UBr Tezz with 2 new Daretti and 2 Dack, the looting Dack brings helps a lot with Ruins and Daretti is a nice 3 CMC removal engine.
>>
>>48847853
As a recent DNT convert, I'm trying to balance the deck out
>>
>>48847205
Discard. Better to be proactive, doesn't require TES to be 5-color so you no longer need rainbow lands.
>>
>>48847205
Silence was good when it was a thing but fell out of favor as the meta changed. IIRC Canadian was the best deck of the format in that time and Silence was mainly played because of that.
>>
>it's a dredge gets absolutely nothing again expansion
fucking end my torment already
>>
>>48851388
Welcome to the life of a combo player.
>>
>>48851388
And it will stay that way hopefully
>>
So how many of you chuckle fucks are gonna Slam sanctum prelate in DnT
>>
>>48852069
I'll be abrupt decaying the shit out of it.
Post board......if they don't drop it on 2.
>>
>>48846419
This card is retarded. Vintage players are laughing their fat sweaty tits off as we speak.
>>
>>48846419
this is fucking insane
>>
>>48850102
>>48850763
>>48847205
The silence lists are better vs faster combo, but they strain your manabase, especially now that abrupt decay is required. You'd be playing 5 colors out of necessity, with no room for basics, in a wastead heavy meta. Also, if you think about it, silence does the same thing as discard. It takes away a counterspell, or you learn the way is clear and they die. But you don't get any info about what else is in their hand. Unless you're playing Ill-gotten gains or time spiral there's no reason to play silence anymore.
>>
>>48851442
Hey come on, we got Dark Petition last year....
That's about it for the past... 8 years
>>
>>48846419
>Chalice for 0
>Land, Mox, Mox
>Prelate on 1

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

You faggots literally just banned Chalice. Why the fuck are you doing this to me. Reeeeee
>>
>>48851388
You got Prized Amalgam recently.
>>
>>48852706
Maybe land the prelate first before you lock out your moxen.
>>
Not sure which thread to ask in, but does anybody know a good youtube/twitch/whatever link to mtg pro games, where I can actually read the effects of the cards? I tried watching once but had no idea what was going on because last time I played MTG ravnica was the newest edition.
>>
>>48852911
That would be a good idea, yes.
Don't post while your PTSD is triggered kids.
>>
Is it possible to make a Bant Stoneforge Mystic deck that does relatively well in Legacy? Or is it not in a good spot with the current meta?
>>
>>48853258
UW Stoneforge looks stronger now that it can tutor up both Mystic and True-Name.

Not sure what adding Green would really give you. I think in general Green in Legacy is largely positioned as either pairing with Black or being Mono.
>>
>>48852753
It's not that good
I want a removal spell that can only be cast from the graveyard
>>
>>48852968
starcity is generally pretty good about that, but if you think about it, it would be pretty unrealistic to have text for every card up. just watch and you'll pick it up.
>>
>>48853258
I see bant deathblade lists a lot, and there's also noble fish
>>
>>48853811
thanks, you're prolly right.
>>
>>48853838
Noble Fish? Is that Bant Merfolk? I am going to need deck list links to both of those decks my friend.
>>
>>48854187
>bant deathblade:
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/legacy-bant-deathblade-27379#paper

>noble fish:
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?27866-Noble-Fish

this was the first legacy deck I ever played. I'd never played the format before; I just showed up to the store on a Tuesday and someone loaned me the deck. my first play in legacy was brainstorming at the end of my opponents first turn.
>>
>>48853258
The problem that Bant runs into is that it has too many threats and not enough answers. The only removal you can run is Plow, and your Forces are very weak (low blue count). The deck contains many strong cards, but making them work together is tough. SFM makes small creatures better, and KOTR doesn't need the help.
>>
>>48853258
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=10838&d=261957&f=LE
>>
>>48854683
Brave Sir Robin exists.
>>
>>48855279
Its a deck, but it is held back by a couple things.
>>
>>48856391
It badly wants to be able to play Thalia 1.0 but it can't do it because it runs so many spells.
>>
File: Finally.jpg (3MB, 2120x2323px) Image search: [Google]
Finally.jpg
3MB, 2120x2323px
I like my cards like I like my women.
Expensive and never handled without protection.
>>
who /vintage/ here?
>>
>>48857018
Meet >>48856999
>>
>>48857018
Disciple of Mishra here
>>
>>48857018
I used to but the "restrict chalice, restrict stoneforge, print mentor and leave gush unrestricted" line of thinking from WOTC made me less interested. I played doomsday in that format too, and I still think Gush is a problem.
>>
>>48857509
I meant lodestone golem, not stoneforge. oops.
>>
>>48856999
>leds in a hardcase
faaaaaaag
>>
>>48857197
I've always been a BUG fish kind of guy. Deck has never let me down.
>>
>>48857533
Ready for game 2 in the tourney?
>>
>>48857509
Gush basically means there's no point to not playing a super land light but heavy on mana rock kind of mentor deck
>>
>>48857541
Abrupt Decay is the best stone rain ever printed.
>>
I don't know why but I have a signed Badlands. What not-bad deck uses Badlands? I am not good with card game.
>>
>>48858162
Jund or Grixis? I'm not familiar with either but it fits in those colors.
>>
>>48858162
4 color Loam
>>
>>48858212
Loam is such a fun deck to play.

Who doesn't love a midrange deck that completely cockblocks all 1 mana spells
>>
So I keep trying to download card images on Xmage and it's getting stuck on 6138 cards remaining. For three of the servers (wizards.com, mythicspoiler.com, and tokens.mtg.onl) it downloads really quickly but then says "X cards remaining! Please choose from another source!" where X is the amount that I was trying to download in the first place. Downloading from magiccards.info is a fucking ordeal since it does at the rate of 10/second and there are over 6000 cards and it doesn't actually finish the job. Any ideas on how I can get those last cardsdownloaded?
>>
>>48859478
Just keep downloading from different sources until you get all the cards. You might have to try each one a few times.
>>
>>48859478
If I remember, you can also do it manually. Google it.
>>
>>48858162
Some builds of goblins
>>
>>48857509
I was fine with the restriction of Chalice. Chalice for 0, Chalice for 1 openings were unbelievably fucking stupid in that format. Restricting LSG does feel like a mistake.

With that said, right now I wouldn't even say Mentor is the most problematic Gush deck. PyroTherapy is really, really fucking hard to beat with anything that isn't ridiculously fast combo. Playing a fair game against it is just a losing proposition since the Therapies end up generating such ridiculous value.

Does the format need changes though? Not really. Storm is fine, Oath is fine, Fast Blue is fine, Workshops & Eldrazi Stompy are fine, Dredge is still a Nazi. I think the decks that are really struggling right now are oldschool Prison Stax and Big Blue, the rest are all in pretty decent shape. I'm not sure that's indicative of a format that is in peril.
>>
File: 1388646063109.png (3MB, 1273x1307px)
1388646063109.png
3MB, 1273x1307px
>>48863077
>tfw dredge is a real fucking thing in every single constructed format right now
>>
>>48863077
It's the metagame numbers that worry me. They're all fucky. Just because those decks exist doesn't mean it's not a problem. That 30% of decks play gush and mentor is indicative of a problem.
>>48857633
Sorry m8 fell asleep in front of my computer last night. I'll be around this evening starting around 5pm. We can try again and actually have time.
>>
How do I into Legacy? Is it more expensive than modern?
>>
>>48863636
>how do I into legacy?
watch videos, read articles, look at top decks, look at obscure decks, proxy up some stuff you like and play with friends to find a deck you love
>is it more expensive than modern?
usually the initial purchase is more expensive, but modern bans a deck every so often and if yours gets hit, you have to buy a new one. with legacy, you can generally play the same thing for a long ass time.
>>
>>48863636
Not by much, usually like 20-30% more than a modern deck
But you don't ever really have to make any changes to it once you've built it and the odds it gets banned are very low
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 265x370px
>>48831909
Day three (four?) of spoilers, first batch includes a seemingly pretty playable Grenzo. What does Legacy General think of him?
>>
>>48864930
I like it, if it gets through it can force utility creatures like DRS and Pyromancer into the red zone where they can be killed in combat.
>>
>>48864993
Whoops, well not DRS since it can be tapped it there are targets for it's ability.
>>
>>48863636
Very less if you buy fake duals
>>
>>48864930
Oh yes
>>
>>48863636
>How do I into Legacy? Is it more expensive than modern?
2-3x initial cost, less tournament support, almost zero reason to actually buy-in right now unless you really, truly enjoy the game and aren't just a wannabe grinder looking to pick up more points in a 3rd format.
>>
>tfw your favorite deck is too niche to find updated discussion on it

I think this a huge bomb in UBr Tezz, thoughts? Having 8 Planeswalkers in my list (2 Dack 2 nuDaretti 4 Tezz AoB) that can come down on turn 2 gives me a good matchup vs Miracles. Daretti coming in T2 off a Sol land Signet/Talisman opener can sac a mana rock to remove a creature or just start ticking up and fuel a Tezz -4 and chump. His -6 can get back a Thopter Foundry from the GY or pick up the singleton wurmcoil I threw in to stall aggro decks.
>>
>>48864993
Doesn't goad mean the creature must attack someone that isn't you? So in 1v1 they simply can't attack?
>>
BERSERK GOT A REPRINT

>BERSERK GOT A REPRINT

BERSERK GOT A REPRINT
>>
>>48857536
>not sleeving your whole deck in hard cases
Nothing personnel
>>
>>48867094
No, it attacks another player if able. At most all it will do is force a creature to attack.
>>
>>48867094
They attack each combat if able and then attack players other than you if able. It effectively just makes them attack you in 1v1.

>>48867140
Holy shit. Now THAT's a reprint.
>>
>>48867094
A goaded creature has to attack a player other than you if it can
>>48866056
Reporting back, testing a new brew with 4 Thirst , 4 Welder and 2 Caverns to force Welders(only 1 drop in the deck) through my own Chalices.
Dropped Thopter package for Wurmcoils and Welders, Welders form a great draw engine with Strix and make tokens with Wurmcoil and nuSlobad makes tokens to sac to welder.
>>
>Berserk
>Recruiter of the Guard
>Burning Wish
Hype train has no brakes
>>
I had a blast with the last conspiracy. Really liking how wizards is handling this product.
>>
>>48867317
It's better than the standard legal sets desu
>>
>>48867317
Will local stores do Conspiracy drafts? And are the packs the same price as standard ones? I'm kind of interested.
>>
>>48867376
Yes and 3.99 pack price. My shop is a tiny shack in the middle of nowhere. If they are doing drafts, I can only assume most other stores will too.
>>
>>48867419
So I can go to a FLGS and own standard players in limited while opening Berserks, Burning Wishes, and not*Imperial Recruiters?
Seems good.
>>
>>48867444
>tfw have to take a test on the day that my LGS is drafting conspiracy
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
What are the most established midrange based decks in the format currently? I do not see Stonenblade variants popping up as often as before.
>>
>>48868336
Stoneblade and BUG Shardless, Grixis Delver is also good.
>>
Prism Shank, I am online and ready for our do-over. I'll be on xmage, woogerworks server, room called /tg/ tourney. password is butts. Come at me senpai.
>>
>>48868336
Stoneblade will start poping up again soon I think. It's usually a good midrange control and sometimes a good aggro control and I've even seen control variants of the deck. I think miracles needs to die down a bit before it makes a big resurgence. Esper Stoneblade is my 4th favourite deck and I can't wait to build it
>>
>>48869653
NVM i'll be off for an hour or 2 I'll be back around 8pm EST
>>
So i proxies up doomsday (this list atm https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/436545#paper ) and i'm learning to slowly not kill myself. I have a few questions.

Do you ever board in two abrupt decays? What matchup is for shelldock+ emmy? What are some piles that get through 1-2 counterspells? And anyone have a spreadsheet of piles? I found one but it seems to be older than git probe
>>
>>48871113
I don't want to come off as dismissive, but did you check the source?
>>
>>48869933
I love Stoneblade, and was thinking about building my own soon. I saw there was a Bant version called Excalibur (?) and was kind of down to play it.
>>
>>48871136
Yeah the source is just a top8 website, no explanations
>>
>>48871668
look at a primer on source/salvation mate
>>
>>48871248
I haven't heard of a deck called " excalibur" but bant Stoneblade is quite fun. It's less versatile then other Stoneblade becuase you have more threats than answers but often times your threats are just good enough on their own
>>
>>48871113
I got you senpai.
Abrupt Decay: This is for decks with permanent hate pieces that can be decayed. Miracles, Eldrazi, DnT, Lands post board (usually don't need all for here), MUD, etc. I like 2 against Infect as well, since sometimes you need to off a creature; I only play 1 main so I board 1 in. Against decks like shardless it's bad even though it can kill goys. A waste of time.

Shelldock Isle/Emmy: This is for miracles primarily, but has applications against blue decks without wasteland, like Sneak and Show. Some people bring it in against Eldrazi, the theroy being that your best bet against them is to fire off doomsday t1 and hope they don't have a wasteland or a super aggro draw. I am undecided about this.

Getting through counterspells.: Ideally when you go off you've already stripped their hand of interaction. If you have an SDT and/or can afford to pass turns, killing through counters is achievable. Example. You think they have a FoW, but they think they're smart and let Doomsday resolve. If you have a SDT, LED, and a black mana source on the field, you can make this pass-the-turn pile which beats 1 counterspell: Duress, Ideas Unbound, LED, Probe, Maniac. If you have a cantrip in hand that doesn't have to be a PTT pile.

The only pile spreadsheet I know of is cheezburger's old-ass sheet. I think memorizing piles is a bad way to go about it. There are 4 or 5 basic forms you should know. Everything else is figuring out how to vary those piles to meet your needs. It's pretty rare that you have a pile that isn't fundamentally one of those basic 4 or 5.
>>
File: TarmoGOYf.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TarmoGOYf.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>48872690
>even though it can kill goys
Freudian slip or intentional? You up for the tourney match now?
>>
>>48872734
Freudian slip like a motherfucker. I'm ready for the match. I'll set up a room. Woogerworks server, password is killgoys.
>>
>>48872879
For some reason I couldn't connect and had to reset the client. Gimme a sec to connect.
>>
>>48872690
Cheers man. Could you post your list? And since the list i'm using has 4 decay (2 main, 2 side) should i ever bring one in to wish for the other?
>>
>>48873045
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
that's my list.

you can't wish for decay
>>
>>48873128
you can't *burning wish* for decay
:^)
>>
>>48873156
>using glittering wish
LMAO
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 178x248px
>>48873164
>>
For people interested to get into legacy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvseDNbzPtM
>>
>>48873128
Oh shit i thought it was a sorcery
>>
>>48873128
Good game man. I learned a lot about Brainstorm and fetchland usage that I'll apply later.
>>
>>48872734
Just finished my match with homeboy here. What a fucking grind. Three monolithic games but I got him in the end. Attacked for exactsies with an Emrakul and a labman. Thanks for the sick match senpai.
>>
>>48874356
Honestly that was what of the most interesting matches I've played in a long time. I learned some things too. City of Solitude is not great and playing vs miracles makes me have to poop.
>>
A question for the tournament organizer: is it ok to switch decks between matches? I'm mainly doing this so I have the chance to play competitively against people that play Legacy and I want to try out new decks.

>>48874359
Oh fuck. Just realized that if I hadn't fatesealed away your duress I could have had a fighting chance in those last turns. Still that was good fun. Can't wait for the next round.

>>48874401
Yeah, City either gets Balaced out by one of the several 3 cmc spells that Miracles runs or just gets removed. Glad that my first match was interesting for you.
>>
>>48874435
Wow, hindsight is truly 20/20. If I hadn't fatesealed the duress, I could have still flustered it and then sealed the shelldock to the bottom and have dealt with the maniac before the last card could have been drawn. Sheeeeit.
>>
Alright friends, what are your top 5 favourite legacy decks?

1. Miracles
2. ANT
3. DnT
4. Esper Stoneblade
5. Four horsemen
>>
>>48875270
1. Miracles
2. DnT
3. Lands
4. DDFT
5. ANT
>>
>>48875270
Dredge
Storm
High Tide
Doomsday
Eldrazi
>>
1) DDFT
2) Belcher
3) Pox
4) SI
5)Nourishing Lich

literal cancer
>>
>>48875270
rug delver
belcher
infect
turbo depths
shardless
>>
>>48875353
Holy shit, I'd say kill yourself but you're a pretty cool guy
>>
>>48875353
>>48875400
In all seriousness Nourishing Lich blows and my real number 5 would probably be Moggcatcher Stompy or Mono-red Sneak attack. I've never actually played either but whenever I see a decklist with blood moon and chalice of the void I can't help but stroke my benis and imagine my opponent's grimace.
>>
>>48875509
You are the person I hate with all my strength. However, you are a nice guy
>>
>>48831909
Bazaar of Kaladesh
Legendary Land
Tap, pay 1 life: Add <> to your mana pool
Tap, pay 1 life: Any player may discard a card. If they do, draw a card.
>>
>>48875566
Orrly?
>>
>>48875566
fake and gay
would be cute in dredge if real though
>>
>>48875586
>>48875608
Second part of OP:
>What would your favortie deck's dream card look like? Bonus points if it could plausibly see print in a set (supplemental or otherwise) these days.

>>48875566
Fuck, I meant for the second part to say

Tap, Pay 1 Life: Any player may discard a card. If he or she does, he or she may draw a card.

Or however that might work.

And yeah it'd probably be broken as fuck but hey it's a dream card
>>
File: 1459785642892.png (411KB, 620x350px)
1459785642892.png
411KB, 620x350px
Anybody play eldrazi? I'm thinking of buying in, but would have to sell my semi-completed elves deck. Any insight would be appreciated.
>>
>>48875685
>>What would your favortie deck's dream card look like? Bonus points if it could plausibly see print in a set (supplemental or otherwise) these days.

A large creature with shroud and leyline of sanctity slapped on it

A land that was like a shitty bazaar of baghdad

An abrupt decay type card that can be played from the graveyard

another dredger
>>
>>48875712
Well it will never be banned because it's everything wizards wants. Creatures attacking and storm players crying. Also a deck like eldrazi will always have a relatively stables place in the meta. Elves seems to suck sometimes, meta depending. But I can't imagine eldrazi being more fun than elves, especially over a long period of time. I wouldn't do it if I were me.
>>
>>48875270
1. DnT
2. Painter
3. Elves
4. Spring Tide
5. Tezzerator
>>
>>48876015
Not to mention it'll be cheaper just to but the last cradle than build a new deck. Was wondering if it was worth it to do so.
>>
>>48875712
I don't play it but I now a bit about it. It's pretty good but it really needs to be refined. I'd say it's a solid choice
>>
>>48876205
What the playing style? Sort of mid-range or closer to stax?
>>
>>48876602
Aggro with a prison package
Pretty much like every stompy deck ever except it gets a ton of sol lands
>>
>>48876623
Its got more aggressive creatures, but less prison pieces.
>>
>>48865577
>Combat damage
>>
>>48876760
Bit late to the party there, but this guys completly wrong. A Goblin Welder that also casts a slightly worse Faithless Looting in crazy good.
>>
>>48876971
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>48876971
Jesus, phoneposting at it's finest
Managed to reply to the wrong post in the wrong thread
>>
>>48875765
>A large creature with shroud and leyline of sanctity slapped on it
why dont you just play aegis of the gods? i mean you just protect it with mom anyhow right?
>>
>>48875685
Null Rodman -- 3
Artifact Creature - Construct
Activated abilities of artifacts can't be activated
3/1
>>
>>48877022
I'm not talking about DnT
>>
>>48877124
what are you talking bout?
>>
>>48877135
A dread return target
>>
>>48876602
Think of MUD but your prison package is weaker and all of your creatures are better than everyone elses and you have a lot them
>>
>>48875270
1. Tin Fins
2. Miracles
3. DnT
4. Elves
5. Canadian Threshold
>>
>>48877306
I'm new to the format, what exactly are Tin Fins and Canadian Threshold?
>>
>>48877320
Tin Fins is Griselbrand/Children of korlis combo with the instant speed reanimation spells.

Canadian Threshold is a RUG turboxerox deck that runs Delver/Goose/stifle and friends. A great tempo deck.
>>
>>48877320
Canadian Threshold is the OG version of RUG Temur, it runs a lot of disruption and uses nimble mongoose to beat down.

Tin Fins is reanimator but faster, more linear, and has a 20% T1 win rate. Basically you abuse the griselbrand, children of Korlis interaction to draw and redraw your deck until you cheat out, or hardcast, Emrakul.
>>
>>48877412
RUG Temur is my favorite deck after Dega Mardu Boros Black
>>
>>48877400
>>48877412
Can I get more details on Tin Fins? How did the name come about?
>>
>>48877431
My phone fucked me over hardcore, I meant RUG delver
>>48877439
Name comes from a sealab episode where there's an advertisement for Griselbee's. The episode is called Tin Fins.
>>
>>48877439
Tin Fins runs Griselbrand. Griselbrand is commonly known as Grislebees. Griselbees was a character from Sealab 2021 that worked in a diner called "Tin Fins". I think.
>>
>>48877460
Your phone came up with my newest joke deck naming framework.
>>
>>48877516
You're welcome anon, I hope it steers you well. I think I might start referring to the deck as RUG Temur.
>>
>>48875712
"You speak to me of the threat of Ulamog. But do not forget; they came as three."
>>
>>48877460
>>48877462
GRIZZLEBEES NEW HONEYMAPLE RANCH DIPPING SAUCE
>>
>>48877767
WE TAKE A 96 OUNCE VIDALIA ONION ND DEEP FRY IT
>>
>>48875270
Shardless
Miracles
Delver
DnT
Stoneblade
>>
>>48875270
>>48875286
>the best deck is my favorite
>>
>>48878042
Lol that is funny but I've had my miracles deck since before it was "the best deck".

Also
>best deck
How about deck other beat, legacy is better than a "best deck"
>>
>>48878042
Miracles is the most decision intensive deck in the format. DDFT has harder single turns, but nothing else has as many decisions per game as Miracles.
People like a deck that really gives you opportunity to outplay your opponent.
The Miracles mirror can be exhausting and take forever, but the better player will always almost win.
>>
>>48878146
Miracles is almost 100% reactive. How is that decision intensive? I find decks like Delver way more decision intensive because you have to present and sequence threats rather than just answer them
>>
>>48878181
>Miracles is almost 100% reactive. How is that decision intensive? I find decks like Delver way more decision intensive because you have to present and sequence threats rather than just answer them

>Delver is way more decision intensive becuase you have to present and sequence threats rather than just answer them

>Delver

Okay, you've never played miracles. Deciding on when to top, what to brainstorm to set up top for maximum value or miracles without having to spend mana, when to Crack a fetch to reset top of library, take the damage or StP it now instead of waiting for a threat you may or may not be able to deal with, is now a good time to terminus or should I wait to see if they over commit, do I risk entreating now or do I let them have more chances to beat it as I build up protection, do I commit my counters early to stop my opponent from getting somewhere while I hopefully get somewhere, should I save my counters for when my opponent brings out their game winners.

And don't get me started post board or specific Matchups
>>
>>48878042
Any deck that can run Moat is my favorite.
>>
>>48878280
I've played plenty of Miracles. The top problem is usually only a matter on the first couple turns, or if you get stuck on mana. Once you get online, the decisions are pretty simple. Lands to the top, then good answers, shuffle when you're looking at crap.

I'm not saying that Miracles doesn't have decision trees, just that they're not these impossible webs of intrigue. Playing the aggressor is significantly more difficult. Finding the right amount of pressure to apply is significantly tougher than determining how much pressure you're under.
>>
>>48878375
I disagree but we're at semantics now. Playing the aggressor is near brain dead for me (though some DEFINETLEY more so then others). I've always thought that deciding what to kill and what to counter being much harder since they almost always have more threats than you do answers, this is almost always the case. If they don't then it generally happens to be that they have a highly resistant Win con.
>>
>>48878426
Playing aggro decks by just slamming cards at random will lose you games. The difference between playing a Weissman deck and an aggressive deck is that your aggressive deck is going to have a mixture of threats and answers, and the game comes down to balancing out when to run out threats and when you need to deal with theirs.

Miracles and other decks of that nature are comprised primarily of answers. The core tenant of the deck is redundancy. Your cantrip decisions are about what types of answers you need, rather than what mix of answers and threats you need to have.
>>
Lads how do we keep this beautiful format from disappearing?
>>
>>48878899
Kill the Reserve List, reprint staples en masse and I don't mean waiting to print one card per year like with Thoughtseize or the Onslaught Fetches.

This has been the answer from the beginning. The answer hasn't fucking changed. This is the only solution and it's not going to happen.

The format is unofficially dead and actually starting to smell enough to notice and we all have to deal with it.
>>
>>48878899
Keep playing it. Its not like it's going anywhere.
>>
>>48878899
Kill the people who bitch about the Reserved List since they're the same ones bitching that it's a dying format. Continue to play amidst their corpses or apart.
>>
>>48878622
Still, I try to find how you see "shit I won't play Delver this turn, I'll play goyf this turn instead!" Is supremely intelligent, or "damn I won't play this creature I'll just kill their creature instead!". I see the intelligence in control decks through having to find various answers and spend the small resources you have to hold off your opponent. I do agree with you with just slamming threats mindlessly will cost you the game though.
>>
>>48878622
>>48879158

Just yelling from the back. I have to say the decision trees are quite simple in both, the magic happens on game 2 after sideboarding in mulligans. Knowing what you have to mulligan into and how you should play out is pretty hard in both cases.

Game one miracles feels a bit simpler since most of the time you are just filtering into cards that keep you alive. Compare this to ANT against miracles. Who do you think has all the pressure on figuring out when and how you are going to go off? Or delver agains ANT, who do you think has the pressure to figure out when to push into threats and when to keep mana open?

Personally I have experienced dredge to be the most heavy on your decisions. It feels like every decision is matter of winning or losing from turn 1. You have to keep playing over things like stifle, daze, other counterspells, hate cards, has hard times on mulligans, sideboarding etc. Just awesome, and if you lose, it was probably your fault...... (Well, besides the deck losing to fucking itself)
>>
>>48879349
I have no experience with dredge so I don't have an opinion on it but I see where you are coming from and I agree with you that the more complicated games and interactions come after game 1. But as someone who plays control, combo, and has played aggro I still think that control is the most thought intensive. Perhaps my knowledge is just limited but if you haven't stabilized the board with miracles, it's always a struggle to get there while preventing your opponent from winning.
>>
>>48875270
Intuition lands
Zombardment
Elves
ANT
Mono blue martyr variants
>>
>>48867248
Can you post a list? I recently got into legacy with UB Tezz and I thought about adding Wurmcoils and the original Daretti so I'm interested in seeing what you did.
I hope you're still here a day later.
>>
>>48879012
>>48879039
Start making proxy tournaments more regular?
>>
I'm bored at work so I'm gonna post another doomsday puzzle. I think this one is around average difficulty.

My list again, since that's what the puzzles are based on:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/

The puzzle:
On the play g1. My opener was: brainstorm, gitaxian probe, dark ritual, lotus petal, doomsday, island, burning wish. I decide to pretend i'm a belcher player and jam the turn 1 kill. What's the play to achieve that? There's likely more than 1 solution.
>>
>>48874435
i think it's best to play the same deck through the tournament. switching is a slippery slope that can lead to accusations of metagaming.
>>
>>48880802
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ubr-tezzewelder/
Here's what I'm playing, main wincons is getting lock pieces and hardcasting or cheating a Wurmcoil into play. Welder forms a decent draw engine with Strix which is also nice. Dack is mostly for looting but he also steals Grindstones and Batterskulls like a champ
>>
>>48882024
I like it, do you think mono-red Daretti could have a place in it too? Hell, what about a Sundering Titan or Inkwell Leviathan, there's enough acceleration and Welders to make it work.
>>
>>48882185
I don't think Sundering is good, since I'm running duals. Inkwell is too large, Wurmcoils can be hardcast easily and also stall out burn and other aggro decks with the life gain. Mono-Red Daretti would probably take the place of Dack, He protects himself better since he ticks up 2 at a time but Dacks ability to grab Jittes, Grindstones, Batterskulls and Swords is great, especially with a sac outlet like NuDaretti.
>>
>>48882222
Fair enough, I mostly play EDH so I guess I can't quite shake the Timmy in me that wants to play giant artifact creatures.
>>
Show and Tell just got a reprint
I hope this means Wizards is going to be really lax about reprinting old cards not on the reserved list and not be jews like they were with Eternal Masters
>>
>>48831909
Enchantress dreams of a Dovescape in green/white that shits out spiders and works only on creature casts. 5cmc.
>>
>>48875270
ANT
Lands
Dredge
Enchantress [rip]
High Tide
>>
>>48879766
Maybe it just depends on the player.
I've played control almost exclusively for ages, so activating tops, casting Brainstorms, StPs and Counterspells is pretty much second nature and doesn't really register as the most consistently intensive decision-making in Magic.
I'd struggle way more to pilot, say, decks that have Cabal Therapy in them.
>>
File: Dovescape.jpg (33KB, 223x310px)
Dovescape.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>48883032
>>48882965
don't worry brother, we exist.
>>
>>48881305
Island, Brainstorm into 3 LEDs and then go off.

or

Island. Petal, Dark Rit. Doomsday.

pile: LED LED IU LED LED

Brainstorm, put back IU then Burning Wish.

Cast LED, LED. Cast GProbe, cracking the LEDs in response for UUURRR. Draw into IU and cast it.
Play LED, LED and crack them in response to your Burning Wish for a lethal Tendrils.

Is there a better way to do that? Because who has the iron resolve to hold off on casting a Gitaxian Probe pre-Doomsday on game 1 turn 1, I'd be terrified of a FoW while going off. Plus you'd kill them without knowing which deck they are playing.
>>
>>48879158
I haven't played enough miracles to have an educated opinion about how hard it is to pilot, but delver on the other hand I can tell you is about a lot more than "shit I won't play Delver this turn, I'll play goyf this turn instead". RUG Delver's what I play, and when you're running 4 Stifle, 4 Daze, 4 FoW, and 2 Spell Pierce, you have a lot of decisions to make about what to counter. Stifle in particular has great versatility but that comes with a lot of potential for error. While tempo might not have games that last as many turns as miracles, the small number of turns have to be played almost perfectly and the slightest mistake will probably cost you the game against a decent player.
>>
>>48831909
as a loam pox player I dream of something like a pox enchantment that has activated abilities allowing you to pay life plus discard a card, sac a creature, or sac a land, or discard a card to have your opponent mirror the effect minus the life payment

OR

a guy that while he's in your graveyard, other cards in your graveyard can't be exiled, and while he's on the battlefield, lands you control can't be targeted or something

I don't know
>>
>>48883215
free g1 is free g1, i'm happy to start g2 not knowing if it means 1-0
>>
>>48883215
The best line is this: probe to see if the coast is clear. If so, island, petal, rit, dday. Pile: led, led, probe, x, x. Brainstorm and pit back whatever you drew off probe, and then wish on top. Led, led, probe, make bbbrrr, wish, make ten drills (exactly lethal).

However in game my line was different (and incorrect in hindsight). Island, petal, rit, dday (led, led, probe,x,x), bs, put back wish then probe. Led, led, probe, crack for rrrbbb, probe again, wish, ten drills exactly. My opponent was on eldrazi so they were dead anyway. But this is a good example of the power of brainstorm piles and how it can save mana over ideas unbound in certain situations.
>>
>>48883085
>>48883411
You guys do make good points but it really just seems like it's opinion based. I don't like Delver decks so I haven't touched them in a while. Could you explain some of the situations and mess ups you've had with Delver? I'm just trying to understand your side. Also I think this is a bit late but aren't Delver decks more of a tempo deck than an aggro deck?
>>
>>48883576
Yeah, it's probably mostly opinion based, and would differ by person anyway. You're right about delver being tempo rather than aggro, but I jumped in since it was the deck(s) being compared to miracles.

I can't speak for Grixis, BUG, or UR delver, but playing RUG is very resource intensive. As for some difficult decisions, many involve stifle, or, in a similar way to miracles, your 8 brainstorm/ponder. Do I stifle that fetch, or hold it for a potential Terminus miracle trigger? "Is he baiting?" is a difficult question but pretty relevent, with every counterspell you run (probably more often an issue than for miracles, since that only runs 4-6 counters usually, outside of counterbalance), especially since in a lot of games there'll be a stack war at some point that will probably decide the game. There are less answers (4 bolts vs 4 StP + 4 Terminus), but bolts can also hit players and you have to be careful when to use them as removal and when to hit your opponent.

A lot of this stuff is just difficulties a control player would have though, and tempo in a lot of ways is really just control that throws it's threat out first.
>>
>>48883556
Whoa I didn't think of just getting a Probe instead of Ideas Unbound, assumed I would need the storm count from IU.

Do you have any examples of when you'd need to cycle through Doomsday twice (or more) to get the storm count to go off?
>>
>>48883832
Alright cool. I know I was the one who brought up Delver as an aggro deck and that's my bad, I just thought at the moment "what are cheap good beaters" and Delver popped in my mind. Tempo decks in general have a lot of resource management in order to well, play their deck well I guess. I also like how you made the comparison that it's all true same problems just a different times and at different quantities.
>>
>>48883893
Well having lab maniac has largely invalidated the need for double doomsday piles, but they're good to know . Maybe they have removal for your labman preventing you from winning that way. Basic method goes like this: you need an SDT and UU1 for after your first doomsday, plus an additional BBB for every additional time you want to cast doomsday, plus enough life (2^number of doomsdays points of life). Then the pile looks like this: IU, led, doomsday, led, wish. How it works is left as an exercise for the reader.
>>
Alright I'm sleeving up some proxy decks to give my playgroup a crash course in legacy. I work at a LGS and I want to get a legacy league going to try and pump some life into the shop. What are the essential decks to sleeve up? I already am doing MUD, Miracles, ANT, Shardless BUG, and Grixis Delver.
>>
>>48884711
You should do some more fringe decks. Painter, aluren, belcher. Also you need dnt.
>>
>>48884734
Good point, I'll definitely get those sleeved up. I think for DnT I want to sleeve up a few versions of the deck since its kind of at a crossroads with the new Conspiracy spoilers.

I hope this goes well. I would love to have people take an interest in the format, even if they only ever proxy.
>>
>>48884766
Consider a reanimation deck too, some people love that stuff.
>>
>>48884711
Dredge, it's a classic and people love playing it. Some dude letting me test his combo decks when I was like 16 was how I got into legacy
>>
>>48885186
>>48884845
Noted. I think for dredge I should sleeve up both mana less and regular dredge, and I definitely am including more combo decks because that's also how I was introduced to the format. I have a good feeling about this.
>>
>>48885222
If you just want more decks, enchantress is fun for weird people.
>>
>>48885305
Is Enchantress even viable anymore?
That deck was so cool.
>>
>>48885420
They haven't up and banned solitary confinement and reprinted argothian enchantress, so yes.

I play it in bant because I'm a huge faggot.
>>
>>48885305
I was thinking of that actually, but I worry about diluting the lesson with a lot of fringe decks. Then again, I guess the more decks available to test the more likely someone is to find one that clicks for them.
>>
>>48885564
Yeah, it depends on how many people you have. I'd have eight decks minimum and let em have a tiny archetype tournament if I was trying to make this a thing people enjoyed doing more than once. Though if it's just to show people how much stronger legacy tier decks are you wouldn't want that many.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
ok boys, I'm going to a "duel for the dual" tomorrow. rate my list. I'm strongly considering swapping the stifle for something like mizzium skin, but idk. also, sorry for the shitty picture quality, but it's the best I could do on my phone.
>>
>>48885640
I want to have it be the first one, I think it'd do a lot of good for the store and hopefully the format in the long run.
>>
If you want fringe, I've got your fringe. Cycle the win cons for best results.

32 enchantments
3x Elephant Grass
4x Enchantress's Presence
1x Exploration
2x Journey to Nowhere
3x Mirri's Guile
2x Rest in Peace
3x Solitary Confinement
2x Sphinx's Tutelage
2x Standstill
2x Sterling Grove
2x Suppression Field
3x Utopia Sprawl
3x Wild Growth
19 land
1x Breeding Pool
1x Dryad Arbor
4x Flooded Strand
1x Forest
1x Island
2x Karakas
1x Plains
4x Serra's Sanctum
4x Temple Garden

9 spells
4x Argothian Enchantress
3x Enlightened Tutor
2x Green Sun's Zenith

sideboard
1x Ancestral Mask
1x Eldrazi Conscription
3x Leyline of Sanctity
2x Leyline of the Void
3x Stifle
2x Swords to Plowshares
3x Vexing Shusher
>>
>>48881578
Alright, sounds good.
>>
Could Enchantress run a KotR + Coralhelm combo as another wincon?
>>
>>48886874
Why though? It has better wincons. It never was a deck that lacked one.
>>
>>48887327
idk, memes i guess
>>
>>48885769
I think stifile is probably stronger overall than whatever oddball choice you try instead. If you really wanted a spell like that, I'd play simic charm or Vines of Vastwood before mizzium skin. You could also maindeck a flusterstorm or something.
>>
>>48885769
Also sideboard Searing Wind is dope
>>
>>48888930
thanks senpai. I wanted something to deal with abrupt decay, but I guess the fact half my threats can't be targeted by it is enough? flusterstorm seems good; it'll be either that or the stifle.
actually, as I'm typing this, I think stifle is the right choice since it can stop wasteland and terminus and has other random utility like suspend casting. are there any other, more obscure stifle targets in the format good to know? this will be my first event with that card, before I was just running 4 misdirection.
>>
>>48889106
fetchlands, storm triggers, delver flip triggers, aether vial activations, stoneforge activations, deathrite activations, cascade triggers, fucking all sorts of shit. I don't know what it's best to use it on. I don't play it myself. Just don't be the guy who tries to stifle a Standstill trigger.
>>
>>48889106
Giselbrand draw 7 is the funniest one in the extremely rare situation where it matters
>>
Requesting 30+ Rhinos: Legacy Editioin
>>
>>48889948
Would that be 15 brainstorms and fetches in the graveyard?
>>
>>48889980
Tbh probably that or Useas and Deathrites
>>
>>48890019
Deathrite still fucking baffles me as a card
How on earth did it pass RnD?
Hybrid Color, premium stats, 3 good effects, 1 mana
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 300x197px)
image.jpg
59KB, 300x197px
>>48890019
>>
So I've been thinking a lot about Sanctum Prelate and that is a scary fucking card. If it comes down and they choose the number 2 it's really hard to beat as a storm player. At first glance I thought it might actually be impossible for DDFT to beat on 2, since Ideas Unbound, Burning Wish, and Abrupt Decay are all out. But upon further consideration.... DOOMSDAY PUZZLE TIME!

My list for reference is here: >>48881305

it's main phase in your 4th turn vs DnT of the future. They played Sanctum Prelate on their previous turn and choose 2 like an asshole.

Your hand: Dark Ritual, Doomsday, Brainstorm, Probe, Underground Sea, Abrupt Decay
Your field: Bayou, Island, Island.
Can you kill them right now?
>>
>>48890328
>Abrupt Decay
Fuck, I just realized it says "can't be cast" rather than "counter that spell"
That's fucking brutal
>>
>>48890798
Yeah If sanctum prelate becomes a significant player in DnT I'll probably just diversify my sideboard hate. Maybe play some disfigures or something. But my list right now would struggle against it on the right number. Not an absolute death sentence though.
>>
>>48891029
Massacre fucks it, at least. But then again, you can't Wish for Massacre from the board once it sets up.
>>
>>48891029
You can't even just throw away cards to build storm count, painful

I think its going to be significant. It even turns off Terminus if you want and you can protect it from Plow with Mom. DnT players should be celebrating
>>
>>48891112
It shuts down Burn really hard as well when cast on one, and you can just mom it so that it doesn't get Rift Bolted or Fireblasted. I think this card might be able to do some format warping stuff.
>>
>>48891029
You can't Burning Wish for Disfigure, Death Mark maybe? I was looking into cards with alternate costs (Since 5-7 cmc isn't likely to be named but they can be cast for other costs), but I couldn't find any good sorceries that could be wished for. Cycling Decree of Pain kills it without casting a spell but it's quite expensive, though it can be wished for.
>>
>>48890080
I think that it didn't make the format worse, and added a lot of interesting decisions to the format. Ultimately I like having it in the format.

If we want to talk about shitty design I'll call out Griselbrand and Terminus.
>>
>>48891029
Doesn't DnT just generally slap your shit anyway?
>>
>>48891265
Massacre kills it for free and goes past protection. Correct me if I'm wrong but it also extends past Wisp's flicker effect.

>>48891268
It's a cool card, but who thought it was ok?
>>
>>48891314
I don't think it extends, Iirc it only effects creatures on the field when it resolves. I was just thinking of ways to kill it w/o casting spells or spells which have very high costs so they would avoid the common 1-2-3 cmc
>>
>>48891411
>Iirc it only effects creatures on the field when it resolves
Herp, of course. It's still 4 CMC which is nice.
>>
>>48891304
I wouldn't say they slap my shit. It's not favorable, but I don't think it's horrible. If you play narrow hate cards like dread of night it gets a bit better still, but I'm not a huge fan because they take up sideboard space that is better served in other ways. Most wins come from having a relatively quick hand and getting rid of their first lockpiece and then going off. Sometimes you can win through crazy shit. I once cast Doomsday into Thalia, Spirit of the Labyrinth, and Ethersworn Canonist and won without casting Massacre. But that shit ain't usual. If DnT's meta percentage skyrockets I'd probably need to make some adjustments. Maybe play more lotus petals main to up my turn 2 kill percentage. Cut down to just the barest essentials for the wishboard so I have space for "real" sideboard cards vs DnT.
>>
how the fuck do i play spring tide
>>
>>48892509
play solidarity instead
>>
>>48892563
I don't want to buy candelabras
>>
>>48891881
I never play ANT without 3 dedicated slots. Dread of Night is good, but doesn't actually answer most hate pieces. Massacre is probably your best bet, it's the harder to play around
>>
>>48892614
solidarity doesn't run candelabra, it's the all-instant version that plays reset.
>>
>>48892563
Solidarity is cute, not good
>>
>>48893213
I didn't say it was good. spring tide isn't good either.
>>
>>48891268
Griselbee is fine, 7 life for 7 cards is on par with established life to card rating by R&D.
>>
anyone here play nic fit aka actually have fun with legacy?
>>
Holy shit Bois we got over 300 replies, it's great to see this and see newcomers getting interested in the format
>>
>>48893480
I play against a nic fit guy regularily. What do you mean by "actually have fun"?
>>
>>48893506
apparently he means "play edh threats and get stomped by combo."
>>
>>48893391
Yawgmoths Bargain and Necro should be unbanned then
>>
>>48893534
More like play the sickest cube deck ever
>>
New thread when?
>>
New Thread

>>48894196

>>48894196
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.