[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/ I'm running a campaign and my players are going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1408492417312.jpg (552KB, 1200x572px) Image search: [Google]
1408492417312.jpg
552KB, 1200x572px
Hey /tg/ I'm running a campaign and my players are going to a big city which has a famous tournament. They will be competing as a team or individually. There will be a few group tests and some individual tests. I need help coming up with some individual trials of body, mind, and spirit. Any ideas and help would be appreciated, we are running 3.5 btw
>>
well there's always the classics, obstacle course riddles and that thing where you need to step on the invisible platform over a deadly pit.
>>
how artistic are your players. you could have an old fashioned rap battle for a trial of mind,
>>
for spirit if you have any paranoid players you can have a trial where they need to completely rely on another player. say they need to balance on a tiny platform moved by another player through a void full of traps.
>>
File: ghost_deer04.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ghost_deer04.gif
1MB, 400x300px
>>48832292
>>48830159
i think a better question is, how autistic are your players?
it depends on the setting really, just base it off history if it's low magic, like wrestling and javelin throw
otherwise, magic dueling and dungeoneering
>>
>>48832271
That's pretty much my team challenge course, but the pit isn't deadly

>>48832292
That's a pretty good idea, a bard they have to beat in a performance or something

>>48832344
Fantastic, there is a swashbuckler who is on a bad luck streak and doesn't trust no one

>>48832373
3 Players, swashbuckler, rogue, and cleric. They all role play fairly well, usually a lightweight joking atmosphere until the battles; the rouge is a little slow. All are lvl 5, the setting is high magic. Many sorceress and such throughout the land and the gods tie in directly with the land. There is one large central city and some larger towns surrounding it. I like the wrestling idea though because the tournament is for everyone and not all are gifted in magic.
>>
>>48830159
>Body

Make them climb pillars of enormous size, have them lift enormous boulders, acrobatics, etc.

>Mind

Have them do an endurance test. Make them extremely tired. The only thing keeping them going is the power of the mind. Make them struggle physically to the point where they can only push themselves by their mental strength. If you want to go full meta-mode, have them do a bunch of menial tasks ingame and make the players themselves tired.

>Spirit

Set up a doorway which one person enters at a time and witnesses a projection of their soul, pitting them through all emotions at once. Pain, comfort, love, hate, energy, sloth, fear, hope, etc. Whoever retains their composure in the trial is successful and gains more from the experience than just cash and bitches. Incorporate their backstory into this, showing what each character struggled with before the campaign and what they have to confront in themselves. Characters with a low willpower fail, those with a high willpower succeed.
>>
hide and seek with a druid? gotta pick him out from all the trees or animals.
>>
>>48832566
To add to the spirit challenge, a player's worst enemy is themselves, so it should be the hardest challenge of all.
>>
>>48832566
i mean this is a tourney, not some pilgrims trial to become closer to god or something. that sounds a bit too personal for a public competition
>>
>>48832642
Just thinking of something to make it more interesting. If you want a tourney, do the following.

>Body
Strength output test.

>Mind
Endurance test.

>Spirit
Trust test.

Presto.
>>
>>48832707
tourney doesn't have to be boring but facing facets of your own soul doesn't sound like something any public game show would want to have displayed, also where are you getting endurance test for mind? that just sounds like a second body trial
>>
>>48832789
Your mind picks up when your body fails, so an endurance test might be cool for the public to watch unlike a math olympiad or something like that.
>>
>>48832848
i'm 90% sure that's not what is meant when they say its a trial of the mind.
it is more of a rhymes riddles and puzzles kind of thing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.