[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Godbound, any non-divine character (mortal heroes, mortal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: godbound_by_jbrown67-da1m9hd.jpg (475KB, 1920x1223px) Image search: [Google]
godbound_by_jbrown67-da1m9hd.jpg
475KB, 1920x1223px
In Godbound, any non-divine character (mortal heroes, mortal wizards, mortal epic level 25 druids) is helpless against divine magic. They can't resist divine magic, they die automatically to divine disintegration, have no mean to resist divine mind-control, etc.

So even a level 1 Godbound can completely roll over even the strongest of mortal heroes.

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>48827976
I'm guessing because that's the point of the setting and if contributes to it greatly.

But then what do I know, I've never heard anything about this game. It's just I'll be willing to bet that I got the answer right despite that and you're some fabulous moron who drools into their keyboard.
>>
>He keeps reposting the exact same thread with no variation after it's been answered like twelve times already
>To try to turn public opinion against some niche system not many people beyond touhoufag even know or care about

This shit is starting to be like the kaioken of autism fampai.
>>
>>48827976
Because that is the point of it

Fag
>>
>>48828165

It's pretty much the fate of any game that came out after 2002.
>>
The information in the opening post is completely false.

Godbound goes from levels 1 to 10.

As per page 18, a "lesser foe" is any non-Godbound who has HD equal to or less than your level. A "worthy foe" is any non-Godbound who has more HD than your level, or any Godbound.

Therefore, a level 1 Godbound treats all non-Godbound with 1 HD as lesser foes, and everyone else as worthy foes. A level 10 (highest level) Godbound treats all non-Godbound with 10 HD or less as lesser foes, everyone else as worthy foes. This means that a maximum-level Godbound will always treat an 11 HD OSR character as a worthy foe.

Being a "worthy foe" entitles one to resistance against a Godbound's divine powers.

It is also worth noting the power scale involved here. According to page 154 of Godbound:
>Grizzled veterans of savage political maneuvering or scarred warrior-kings raised to the throne on the point of their swords, however, might have as many as seven or eight hit dice.
>Major heroes are among the mightiest warriors of a nation, and can possibly overcome a novice Godbound if their target isn't well-made for war.

Major heroes have 8 HD. Thus, the greatest heroes of a nation will have, at most, 8 HD. According to page 166, a "great hero of the land" has 12 HD, so the greatest heroes of an entire continent can withstand the powers of a maximum-level Godbound, though they will not necessarily be able to withstand the Godbound themselves.
>>
>>48829678

Touhoufag you fuckstain, I know you've goddamn well been on this site long enough to know what the sage function does.

WHY ARE YOU BUMPING THIS THREAD? ANYONE WHO CARED READ: NOBODY IS ALREADY KEEPING THIS THREAD OPEN IN A TAB TO SEE HOW IT PANS OUT AND WILL SEE YOUR RESPONSE. EVERYONE ELSE CAN SAFELY IGNORE IT.

FUCKING HELL YOU SPERG FUCK, WHY WOULD YOU CONTRIBUTE TO KEEPING THE B8 ON THE 1ST PAGE? WE WERE AT 8 PAGES AND GOING DOWN.
>>
>>48827976
Why was Mewtwo the best Pokemon Ever in Gen 1?

People love broken, to the point Pokemon did it again with dragons then had to nerf them.

If we stop giving money to broken games, then they will make the effort to put balance.
>>
>>48827976
This actually isn't the case, mortal heroes are Worthy foes, Lesser to be fair, but they get saves and effort that they can use to resist a Godbound's powers for a while, a Level 10 Character in 3.5 / Pathfinder should equate to roughly a 1 effort worthy mortal foe.

The Deluxe version details this better, but mortals can threaten and kill godbound using either sheer numbers or heroes of the populace.
>>
File: image9.png (179KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
image9.png
179KB, 500x644px
>>48829780
>>48830116
>mfw Colette revives obvious b8 and people start falling for it
>>
>>48830116
>mortal heroes are Worthy foes, Lesser to be fair

???
>>
>>48828165
It's how everything gets trolled after the edition wars
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.