[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Pathfinder in it's twilight? >http://www.enworl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1469034937563.jpg (175KB, 850x1164px) Image search: [Google]
1469034937563.jpg
175KB, 850x1164px
Is Pathfinder in it's twilight?

>http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3648-Is-Pathfinder-In-Its-Twilight-Observations-From-A-Retailer&s=92512dd2194ca65353143911597ac3a4

But this really caught my eye:

>The US RPG market as a whole has grown by 40% in the last year. In 2013 it was valued at $15M, in 2014 at $25M, and in 2016 at $35M (the rest of the tabletop RPG sector has grown even faster - boardgames has doubled in size since last year, as have card and dice games).
>>
>>48827481

Holy shit, the US RPG market is only worth $35 million?

I could be a majority shareholder in every major RPG company if I won the lottery.
>>
>>48827497
Do It, Anon. Make nerds great again
>>
>>48827497
Dude, it's been a tiny niche hobby since at least the mid 1990s. 1989 (AD&D 2nd ed) was probably the last year RPGs were "big".
>>
>>48827562

There's still a chance for resurgence. VR I believe will be the way to do it.
>>
>>48827582
Or maybe the Singularity will rescue it.
>>
If anything's dying it's small games like numenera or force and destiny.
Pathfinder is played more than ever, it's just that the availability of tablets and laptops has made physical books redundant.
>>
>>48827720
Are you saying most PF players don't use physical books?
>>
>>48827752
Most PnP players don't.
>>
>>48827497
Even GW is only worth like 200 million.
Why can't there be more super rich nerds? There are lots of millionaires buying sports teams.
>>
>>48828243
They're all busy with stupid shit like going to space and climate change.
>>
>>48827551
>>
File: face disappoint.jpg (25KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
face disappoint.jpg
25KB, 400x396px
>>48828432
Holy shit, don't they have any sense about stuff that matters? Like the state of Beast Master Ranger?
>>
>>48828243

Buying black people is a bigger time-honored tradition for rich white men than buying nerd toys.
>>
>>48828243
>>48830747
Why not both? We only need one superrich white nerd per state to hire loads of poor minorities to play out their favorite fantasy scenarios, for their amusement.

Just imagine how glorious it could be. Father Emmanuel di Montimejo the wise, Quickfingers Rodrigez and the Holy Paladin Juan "Knuckles" Rodriguez of the order of MS-13 venturing into the dangerous goblin settlement known as Detroit to recover the sacred McGuffin that can delay the inevitable end of the world: dat Dank Kush.

I'd pay for a ticket to go see that.
>>
That makes sense. With 5e outselling PF, it is clear that newbies would rather go with 5e. That is probably why they are making Starfinder in the first place.

I am glad to see the indsutry getting bigger again though. Hopefully it fills the wider niche that video games have taken, even if they aren't going to be on every store shelf like they were back in the day.
>>
>>48827551
>implying he's not some NSR shitter who will simply appeal to the "nerd" demographic for mad sales for his public company
>>
>>48830914

Starfinder looks legitimately fun and interesting, hopefully this is Paizo recognizing Golarion is dull and their current system is bloated beyond repair.
>>
>>48831358

It's going to use the same d20/3.X system, so I don't know if Pathfinder has learned that much.
>>
>>48827481
I'm confused - that quoted sentence makes it sound like the RPG market is growing rapidly. But it's still a very niche hobby.
>>
>>48827562
I'd be willing to bet it was a tiny niche then too.
>>
>>48830914
Brand recognition will always be the strong point of D&D regardless of its flaws.
>>
>>48827481

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't ICv2 just count sales from physical product moved?
>>
Yeah, given the numbers from DDI while 4 was running (~81k average subscribers, at minimum subscription = ~486k per month) says that in 2013 WotC was pulling in just under 6 million a year, not counting book sales or any other sales. I find it hard to believe that the total value of the TRPG market in 2013 was only 15 million.
>>
>Is Pathfinder in its twilight?
No, for something to be in twilight, the sun would have had to have risen on it first.
>>
>>48827497
I'm interested in getting a transformy spellcaster that changes into all sorts of monsters.

Sythesist seems to be the guy for me at first glance but the alchemist and magus seem equally cool.

Which of the three would make for a better transformer?

I realize druids would be an obvious choice to some but generic monsters dont do it for me and the druid doesnt have monstrous physique in its list.
>>
>>48827497
The price of shares rises the more of them you try to buy. Sellers aren't fucking retarded you know.
>>
>>48833705
>Sellers aren't fucking retarded you know.

Yeah, but I am, I'd probably buy the majority share.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.