[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you make a CCG, LCG, or some other card game where the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Deck+of+cards+1.jpg (212KB, 1024x469px) Image search: [Google]
Deck+of+cards+1.jpg
212KB, 1024x469px
Could you make a CCG, LCG, or some other card game where the average deck size is something like ten or twenty cards?
>>
I would have the building of the deck be part of each game
>>
>>48826595
I've played a couple of deck-building games, and ten cards seems to be the standard size for game start.

But those decks start out full of essentially trash cards, and you're drawing a full hand each turn to deliberately sift through your deck at maximum speed, and deck-builders are always about drafting cards from a common pool.

I was thinking about how in many card games, "tutors" and "drawing engines" are key components of the card pool, and how many decks include multiples of important cards, even when having two copies of a card in play would be redundant or impossible. For example, in Android: Netrunner, once the Runner has one Fracter, one Decoder, and one Killer in play, every other card in his deck is merely a resource to fuel those three. If you cut way down on deck size, can't you cut way down on cards that don't directly serve the core of your deck?
>>
>>48826448
I could.
Making it commercial success would be another question.
>>
>>48826974
I'm not sure there's enough room in a market dominated by M:tG for any new card game to be a commercial success. It'd be nice to recoup printing costs though.
>>
>>48826448
Chronicle: Runescape Legends
>>
>>48826952
I can imagine a game where your "library" and "graveyard" are a single cyclical thing, first in first out.
Maybe it could come with a little plastic deck holder with a slight slope and finger-gap to more easily draw cards from the bottom.
>>
>>48826448
You'd have to make discarded cards cycle instead of just being out, otherwise the game ends to mill really fast.

You'd also want to have the bulk of the gameplay come from interacting with cards that have already been played, rather than playing new cards for one time effects.

There's certainly a place for cards like that, but they should not make up the bulk of your ten-card deck or you're just repeatedly playing the same handful of spells or whatever over and over.

And even avoiding the instant mill endgame, you probably want to design such that individual matches are fast paced and short anyway, so that even with deck cycling play doesn't get too repetitive before it ends.
>>
>>48826448
Just throwing this out there.

Dominoes.

Go.

Square cards.
>>
>>48826595
>>48826448

The guy who made Yomi and Puzzle Strike is making a deck-building and preconstructed deck mashup where your deck size is around 20, more or less, minus anything you have on the field. You remove cards from your deck to generate resources, and you get to add one card to your deck each turn from a binder outside the game.

The construction part is a bit rudimentary though -- your binder is composed of three 15 card sets based on which 3 heroes you pick, so if two people pick the same lineup they will always have the same "deck" (aside from, possibly, your starting deck which is based on the color of one of your heroes). There are a huge amount of choices you can make within the game, however, so the same deck can be played in many ways to react to the match-up.
>>
>>48829229
Oh, Sirlin. You mad wizard you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.