[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to use milestones in 5e. My notion is that after a certain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (96KB, 512x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 512x374px
I want to use milestones in 5e. My notion is that after a certain number of combat encounters, abilities refresh like a short rest. How many is reasonable?
>>
>>48813416
As many as you would have before a short rest.
>>
>>48813510
That's very insightful anon. How many is that again?
>>
>>48813652
So this thread is just a roundabout way to ask how many encounters you should have between rests?
>>
>>48813416

1 hour long short rests were a mistake.
>>
>>48813807
I still want short rests to be in, and have them be more for healing. I think I'll roll 1d4+1 and keep the number of encounters secret.
>>
>>48814057
So you just want to kick the balance between long and short rest abilities in the head?
>>
>>48814124
Maybe? What do you mean? Has that been really finely tinkered with or something? I'm all for kicking game balance in the head, honestly. I'm into the idea of the fighter being able to just fight forever. Less "we have to stop because my in game currency is dwindling" is good, right?
>>
>>48814190
Nah, balance was declared evil after 4e.
I was just curious about whether you put any thought into your idea.
>>
>>48814431
Not really. I just liked the way milestones encouraged continuing to adventure in 4e, and I think reducing the amount of time PCs spend sitting around sucking their thumbs
>>
>>48814726
It sounds like you may really just want to switch to 4e, bud. I'm not saying that's bad - it had its own merits. But the two don't really seem to mix well.
Our group usually takes 1 short rest each session, and it's about the time that someone has to use the restroom or we break for lunch.
>>
>>48815255
No

No

I'm never going back

Don't make me go to the bad place again
>>
>>48813807
Just run it so those abilities are infinite, ya baby.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.